Marvel Studios Phase 2!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
With The Avengers movie finished Phase 1 is complete. Marvel Phase 2 Speculations!?!

http://www.sidekickcast.com/?p=6962

What do u believe we'll see n what would u like/love/hate to see in Marvel Studios' Phase 2?

Entity
Ok guess I'll go first. Of course I can't wait for IM3 Cap 2 and The next Avengers movie. Thor 2 I would like to see but I'm not nearly has psyched for it as I am pretty much any of the others confirmed.

I'd love to

My hope for the next Avengers is Red Skull is found to have spent the last 70 years in the far parts of space being that he wanted to be so far beyond all other humans and hes unaged and even more evil. He makes it back to Earth and upon learning of the Avengers he establishes a team of his own consisting of The Mandarin, Enchantress, The Leader, n perhaps Baron Zemo to take out the heroes. At the end we could find Red Skull was jus a pwn Thanos found to test the team and manipulate to gain something much more important before his true goal and fight againist the Avengers in Avengers 3!

Finally see a awesome Black Panther solo movie that could lead to him in atleast 1 Avengers movie.

A solo Ruffalo Hulk movie, I think everyone knows the basics and just wants to see Hulk SMASH while Bruce is fighting his own fear of inner beast. So lets jus ignore Norton's and neither confirm or deny it completely. But can we please see him fight with someone besides Ross or more army?

Namor would be awesome but heard he's owned by Universal which is odd. I'd thought he'd be too closely tied to the F4 to not be part of them owned by Fox. Either way he wouldn't be nearly as cool without Reed n Sue interaction IMO

I still want my Iron Fist staring Ray Park damnit! mad

Inhumans would be cool to see. Wonder who'd make a awesome Black Bolt while not having any lines and still having a powerful presence in the film.

A Shield movie would be awesome if done right. Definitely wanna see more Maria Hill actually doing what she's capable of. Still think I'd wanna see either a Nick Fury Agent of Shield first or prequel afterwards and separately also thou.

I'd like to

See Dr Strange if done well and intriguing. But it'd have to be pretty dark and adult and very powerful for my approval.

War Machine solo movie might be cool

Guardians of the Galaxy, which I hear is happening so cool!

The Kree, Mar-Vell for sure but I wanna see allot of Kree and the Kree empire leading into a Captain Marvel movie.

Fox finally relinquish the rights to Fantastic 4 and Daredevil and give Marvel a shot at doing it right. Then maybe we can see a real Silver Surfer on the big screen with Thanos! eek!

Punisher rights have reverted to Marvel but personally I liked the last 2 and thought War Zone was dead on. (Except for Frank punching through the coke head, err head) erm

Blade has also reverted to Marvel but I seriously can't see that getting much better. If they can do it as good or atleast pretty close then I'm all for it. I just don't think so.

Hawkeye n Black Widow solos could be pretty sweet but not really a necessity IMO

I'd hate to

See Pym on the big screen AT ALL!
I hate Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, the Wasp, whatever the hell you wanna call him I HATE PYM!!! mad
The only cool thing to come from Pym is Ultron. So it sucks we can't really see Ultron in an Avengers movie without him but screw Pym I hate Pym!

BlackZero30x
well you are not the only one hoping for an Inhumans movie my friend! not long after I saw the Avengers I saw people online talking about a possible Inhumans movie and now all I can think is I would love to see that.

Although I would wait until GOTG has come out to see how well the general audience handles characters they have never heard of.

starlock
I think a great origin character for the next avengers movie would be Quasar(Wendell Vaughn). He was working for shield at the time they were testing the quantum bands. After the first guy blew himself up using them, he put them on to stop an attack. They could even use the first Avengers movie to fill in the story. We need the one and only Cosmic Avenger!

jinXed by JaNx
what ever happens i want to see the Avengers fail in the next Avengers movie. I want to see a world wide war being faught with supernatural powers. I want to see The Avengers lose control of themselves and suffer significant loses..,setting up for a third. I would like to see the watchers introduced and Dr, Strange. It would be aces if they could set up a crossover with the X-men or fantastic four. I would like to see these teams come together in some way. What ever happens there needs to be a great struggle to much for just the avengers and shield to defend against.

Personally, i don't think there needs to be another Hulk, Iron Man or Captain america movie. If anything i could see the need for another Thor movie.Either way, i'm fine with what ever is decided on as long as we get to see Thor being given the odinforce and more feats from Captain America.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Entity
I'd hate to
I hate Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, the Wasp, whatever the hell you wanna call him I HATE PYM!!! mad
The only cool thing to come from Pym is Ultron. So it sucks we can't really see Ultron in an Avengers movie without him but screw Pym I hate Pym!

Pym freakin rocks. And his recent Wasp persona elevated him to one of the more interesting heroes in Marvel today. The guys a beast now.

WhiteWitchKing
With The Avengers movie finished Phase 1 is complete. Marvel Phase 2 Speculations!?!

http://www.sidekickcast.com/?p=6962

What do u believe we'll see n what would u like/love/hate to see in Marvel Studios' Phase 2?

A Hercules movie. Herc and Thor in Avengers 2 or 3 would be awesome. The dialogues between Herc, Thor, Stark, and Hulk would be hilarious.

So, Herc, Thor, Stark, and Hulk walk into a bar...

Also, forget BW and Hawkeye. The on most deserving of a movie is Nick Fury. A Nick Fury or SHIELD movie is something that could work with tie-ins to Captain America.

The obvious foe is Hydra and it's heads. This team would due nicely as foes.
http://cache2.artprintimages.com/lrg/51/5129/D6KEG00Z.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/5586/1184698-866367_thronemaster004_super.jpg

Kazenji
Rumor: MS. MARVEL Headed To The Big Screen? They Have A Script?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=60176

JakeTheBank
I'd really like to see Ms. Marvel on the big screen, but if you push Carol without really getting into her predecessor, Mar-Vell himself, it won't work as optimally as it could or should.

Ideally, I would spear ahead with a Captain Mar-Vell movie first, introducing Carol as a supporting character with a fairly significant role and possible love interest for Mar-Vell. Because there's a lot of history and canon to have to condense and edit to make sense for the movie-verse, Mar-Vell's origin would likely be a combination of his original one, the turning point where he receives the Nega-Bands/title "Protector of the Universe", and some possible Ultimate influence.

Have Mar-Vell heroically die during Avengers 2, and then Carol assumes his mantle and takes his place as Ms. Marvel.

If I had the time and patience, I'm pretty confident I could write a halfway decent synopsis to a Mar-Vell film. mmm

JakeTheBank
As far as the Ant-Man movie goes, they really need to scrap the idea of having the different Ant-Men through the ages, imo. Apparently, there was talk of having the film start off with Pym in the 60s, Scott Lang in the 80s-90s, and then the current Ant-Man being O'Grady. Hank and Janet as the stars in the film would be great, especially considering their dynamic personalities and the fact that they're fan favorite characters who can definitely carry a movie on their own.

As far as the feel and overall vibe of the movie, it should be similar in tone to Iron Man: packed full of action, super-science/tech nerdery, and have it's fair share of comedic and romantic moments to wrap it all nicely in a bow.

Ideally, I'd save Ultron for the Avengers franchise, but if Avengers 2 is going to deal with Thanos, you may as well introduce everyone's favorite genocidal robot in the Ant-Man movie.

Entity
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
As far as the Ant-Man movie goes, they really need to scrap the idea Fixed! smile

Newjak
I think Marvel needs to be very careful and not try to go overboard with too many movies and try to turn the movie verse into the JLU. A different character every scene.

I would like to see the new Spider-Man movie do well, then maybe have him join in the Avengers sequel if he fits in.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Nova Richard Rider introduced as a movie, as a way to help tie the cosmic threat of Thanos to Earth. To kind of bridge the gap.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Shield film featuring the Black Widow and Hawkeye in it. A kind of Marvel Mission Impossible.

I don't really like the idea of Pym being on the team. You have Iron Man and Bruce Banner. The brains department is covered. The only reason to include him is to get to Ultron.

A stand alone Black Panther movie might be interesting if done right.

Stall_19
Originally posted by Newjak

I would like to see the new Spider-Man movie do well, then maybe have him join in the Avengers sequel if he fits in.

No. Spider-Man should't be in any Avengers film. The movies already have enough characters to juggle, no need to add more. The only acceptable additions would be Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne though I'd only consider that necessary if they were going to Ultron route.

They need to focus on the characters they have and not looking to add a ton more.

Kazenji
And also Spider-Man can't join the Avengers its a different movie company.

basilisk
I'd hate to

How about a movie called Pym: The Motion Picture? It would trace the incredible story of Pym through his Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, and Wasp personas.

I'd like to see a Dr Strange movie. Hard to get right but could be really good if they did.

I don't think we need another Hulk movie. Yes he worked well in Avengers but don't overdo it.

I don't think I could be bothered with a Black Widow or Hawkeye film. Or Black Panther.

I really liked Blade 1 & 2. But I don't know if a revival would be the same.

After Iron Man 2 I'm not sure we need another one. I'm not really sure we need CM 2 or Thor 2 for that matter. Though you would think they could come up with something good with Thor.

Mandarin? They won't use him because one of the Marvel guys said he was an offensive racist stereotype.

ares834
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/guardians-galaxy-movie-marvel-studios-avengers-343228

**** YES!!!

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by ares834
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/guardians-galaxy-movie-marvel-studios-avengers-343228

**** YES!!!

**** YES!!!
**** YES!!!
**** YES!!!
**** YES!!!
**** YES!!!
**** YES!!!
**** YES!!!
**** YES!!!
**** YES!!!
**** YES!!!
**** YES!!!

INDEED! **** YES!!!

Prep-Man
i would love to see spider-man in the avengers even though it might not be possible. spider, hulk, and tony would play well off each other.

ctsketch
Will be very interesting to see how they pull off Rocket Racoon

SamZED
Two words. New Avengers. Put Spider-man and Wolverine in the same movie and Avatar can kiss its box office records goodbye.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by SamZED
Two words. New Avengers. Put Spider-man and Wolverine in the same movie and Avatar can kiss its box office records goodbye.

That would be awsome! Unfortunately very unlikely though. Too many companies involved: Sony, Fox and Marvel.

**** YES!!!

Damn! I was hoping the mystery movie would be Black Panther.

ctsketch
so Ant-Man is official now

Kazenji
Originally posted by ctsketch
so Ant-Man is official now

Been official for a while now.

the ninjak
Pym FTW Baby Happy Dance

Suck It Haters!

-Pr-
Originally posted by the ninjak
Pym FTW Baby Happy Dance

Suck It Haters!

Scott Lang will probably, unfortunately, be the Ant-Man that will tie in with Avengers.

JakeTheBank
Lame.

The early scripts they've been talking about for years had always been some sort of Ant-Man through the ages movie, with Pym being the original in the 60's, Lang being active in the 90's, and O'Grady being the current one.

I like all the Ant-Men, but really, it should be Pym and Pym alone.

BruceSkywalker
If Pym great, if anyone else won't be seeing it

Gecko4lif
Lame.

The early scripts they've been talking about for years had always been some sort of Ant-Man through the ages movie, with Pym being the original in the 60's, Lang being active in the 90's, and O'Grady being the current one.

I like all the Ant-Men, but really, it should be Pym and Pym alone.
**** pym

Irredeemable antman all the way

trollfacejpg
i think that avengers post credit scene with thanos was a set-up for gaurdians of the galaxy. makes sense.

and i think the antman movie will be Pym, because of his tie ins with the avengers, that and he is creator of the avengers greatest villian ULTRON.
think about it, the movie would show pym create an ultra smart robot to be his assistant, ultron becomes ultra powerful, pym realizes that he alone cant stop ultron.... avengers 2. Go!

iron man 3, i think. the movie will start showing the alien ship of maklu 4, mandarin getting the tech off the ship and learning how to use it, which also could mean Fin Fang Foom appearance, but i doubt it.

Thor 2, i really hope they do Beta Ray Bill. starts off showing beta ray bills origin, then brb battling thor, he picks up Mjolnir odin brings them to asgard and then they battle again. beta ray wins. and then gets stormbreaker. and then Beta Ray and thor form an alliance to defeat an even more powerful enemy...most movies have multiple villians or enemies , in iron man 2 theres whiplash and hammer and he fights war machine. in thor there was frost giants, destroyer and loki.

ctsketch
It's already been stated that GOTG will be a direct tie in to Avengers 2 and that Thanos will be involved in both films

ares834
Marvel in talks to get back Galactus and Silver Surfer.

eek!

Please let this happen! Galactus is the best way to go for Avengers 3 after Thanos. That would be one awesome trilogy!

AlmightyKfish
I'm kind of hoping after the Thanos stuff they could give the Avengers a more Earth bound threat- potentially the Masters of Evil or Ultron (Hell, you could combine them, seeing as Zemo probably won't exist the role of a leader could easily be filled by Ultron, who could be set up in Ant Man)

But Marvel being able to use Galactus/SS could be awesome in and of itself.

-Pr-
They'd have to change Ultron's origin if they use him, as Scott Lang will be the present-day Ant-Man.

JakeTheBank
Lang was confirmed as the Ant-Man, then?

That sucks.

-Pr-
Lang was confirmed as the Ant-Man, then?

That sucks.

That's what I heard. That the movie will start in the sixties and give us Pym inventing the particles or serum or whatever, and then Lang will be the one in the present day.

but yeah. it sucks.

Kazenji
Guillermo Del Toro thought about directing Thor & The Wolverine

http://collider.com/guillermo-del-toro-hulk-the-wolverine-interview/186970/

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by -Pr-
They'd have to change Ultron's origin if they use him, as Scott Lang will be the present-day Ant-Man.

I thought there's like no word on it atm?

I mean, ages ago they said they were doing the whole 60's Pym and Lang present day, but there's been pretty much no word on what exactly is going on with Ant Man so I wasn't too sure...

Also it doesn't really make sense to use Lang, from a marketing and financial point of view- Pym is the Ant Man whose been in most other media including EMH's, and allows you to include Janet and Ultron, all three of which are staple Avengers characters...

Idk, using Lang instead of Pym seems pointless from every way you look at it.

ares834
Whedon returns for Avengers 2 and set to develop a Marvel TV show!

Entity
Whedon returns for Avengers 2 and set to develop a Marvel TV show! BEST NEWS EVER!!! big grin

Kazenji
Renner talks Hawkeye spinoff

a prequel movie would be the best way to go.

Kazenji
So that Tv series Whedon will be doing is S.H.I.E.L.D.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172437-joss-whedons-shield-comes-to-abc

armedforbattle
I just can't believe GotG and antman are getting movies before Black Panther, Dr Strange or even Namor.
I Think Gotg will be good.
The only reason im excited for antman is because the possibility of ultron and the vision

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by armedforbattle
I just can't believe GotG and antman are getting movies before Black Panther, Dr Strange or even Namor.
I Think Gotg will be good.
The only reason im excited for antman is because the possibility of ultron and the vision

The GOTG have appeal though. Individually they may not, but as a team they're more promising to the big screen.

the ninjak
GotG will be difficult to pull off considering the immense history all characters involved had before the 2nd series' launch.

But if they focus on the comedic aspects of Starlord's origins and his gathering of the imprisoned other characters it could work. Though that was during Annihilation and I don't think the film will cover such an epic saga.
They will most probably focus on Thanos and the threat he poses with the Chitauri.
Or Thanos would most likely turn tail on them and try a better race to control and the Gaurdians will have to deal with that threat.

Regardless the handful of characters shown to be in the film are as far as I'm concerned to be the least impressive yet perfect for a first film.
Drax and Gamora have heavy ties to Thanos so the connection is clear.
And Rocket Raccoon and Groot are the comedic characters they if written right will be hilarious on screen.

I just hope the film captures the splendor of the Marvel Universes expansive cultures and and displays their skills as warriors more than Avengers did with their heroes. Their skills as warriors should be through the roof!

They should be defeating whole armadas of fodder.

And I'm hoping Cosmo makes an appearance smile

Kazenji
Quentin Tarantino considered doing a Luke Cage movie and wanted Laurence Fishburne for the role

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=71438

Scythe
Fishburne as Luke Cage? That dude's too old, I think. I still think that Michael Jai White dude should play Luke Cage.

Dynomite, dynomite

Kazenji
Well this was after he did Reservoir Dogs, So yeah Fishburne would've been younger.

Scythe
Ah, I see. I didn't actually have time to click on the link. Makes sense now.

Kazenji
Whedon on the challenges of a Solo Hulk movie

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=74757

DARTH POWER
Fair enough. I reckon he could pull it off though.

armedforbattle
Behold! Ironman 3 new poster
http://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeek/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/iron_man_3_us.jpg

Kazenji
Hulk won't appear again until Avengers 2

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Hulk-Won-t-Appear-Again-Until-Avengers-2-36230.html

Kazenji
JCVD wants in on Avengers 2

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Kazenji
JCVD wants in on Avengers 2

No way. Nope. Shouldn't happen. Maybe he can be a hand ninja or hydra foot soldier. Hahaha.

JayDaDon
Maybe he can play Batroc the leaper. He's french right? laughing out loud

JayDaDon
Wow! Almost as a reply to what I said, GSP is playing Batroc! :

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/03/25/georges-st-pierre-to-play-batroc-the-leaper-in-captain-america-2

AlmightyKfish
Some images/concept art and stuff-

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/03/first-pictures-of-marvels-phase-two-movies-ant-man-guardians-of-the-galaxy-thor-the-dark-world-and-captain-america-the-winter-soldier

Ant-man costume looks pretty cool, Guardians/Cap concept art too.

Kazenji
Stan Lee On IRON MAN 3 And Marvel Studios

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=77797#myU3TWGTuOmysVJY.99

lol...."other companies they try to improvise and change things"

can't possibly talking about Sony & Fox.

Tzeentch._
Would be nice.

It's unfortunate that Sony's got the rights to Spiderman, and Fox has 'em for Wolverine, iirc.

Kazenji
With Wolverine could easily go for an R rating, but of they also market him for kids.

Kazenji
NEW MARVEL "ONE-SHOT" THAT MIGHT FEATURE HAYLEY ATWELL WILL PREMIERE AT COMIC-CON 2013 AND ARE MORE ON THE WAY?

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/new-marvel-one-shot-that-might-feature-hayley-atwell-will-premiere-at-comic-con-2013-and-are-more-on-the-way

Kazenji
Seems like Quicksilver & Wanda are becoming real for Avengers 2

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176609-further-signs-point-to-scarlet-witch-and-quicksilver-in-marvels-the-avengers-2

this is going be odd.... no discussing or referencing their mutant or Magneto-related lineage blink

DARTH POWER
They should use those 2 in an X-Men movie first explaining the whole Magneto and mutant origin. Then they can use them in Avengers without mentioning any of that.

Kazenji
Either way Marvel Studio's & Fox needs to sort it out more.

DARTH POWER
Either way Marvel Studio's & Fox needs to sort it out more.

thumb up

Kazenji

Kazenji
Looks like it hasn't been posted in here

Ant-Man trailer that was showed at SDCC last year

http://akirathedon.com/blobblog/watch-ant-man-teaser-trailer/

BruceSkywalker

with the right writer and story, actor etc, ghost rider will be good

-Pr-
The Rock just agreed to play Luke Cage if Marvel asked him: https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/335448285361881088

BruceSkywalker

I read that.. would be a good choice. but the story should rock(no pun intended) though

Kazenji
With all these movies for Marvel's phases

i wonder when any of the more horror themed characters will get a chance.

Kazenji
Joss Whedon confirms Wanda & Quicksilver

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176981-joss-whedon-confirms-quicksilver-and-scarlet-witch-talks-iron-man-returning

JayDaDon

Uhh not liking the choice of the Rock. Michael Jai white(aka Black Dynamite) would be perfect.

DARTH POWER

WhiteWitchKing
The Rock is just a bad choice because he doesn't even look the part or black enough.

Glad he's including these two siblings but what i'm really curious about is how he's going to explain their powers. This could either tie in with Fox's X-Men or it could just create a separate group of super beings (or not).

Kazenji
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
The Rock is just a bad choice because he doesn't even look the part or black enough.

Glad he's including these two siblings but what i'm really curious about is how he's going to explain their powers. This could either tie in with Fox's X-Men or it could just create a separate group of super beings (or not).

not sure if you seen this up the near top

Seems like Quicksilver & Wanda are becoming real for Avengers 2

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176609-further-signs-point-to-scarlet-witch-and-quicksilver-in-marvels-the-avengers-2

this is going be odd.... no discussing or referencing their mutant or Magneto-related lineage blink

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
with the right writer and story, actor etc, ghost rider will be good I agree.

Kazenji
Kick-Ass's Taylor Aaron Johnson is the frontrunner for Quicksilver.

armedforbattle
This
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/37404/the_avengers_2_by_jasonbournecbm-d5my7p0.jpg

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by armedforbattle
This
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/37404/the_avengers_2_by_jasonbournecbm-d5my7p0.jpg Wait, what? I thought Avengers 2 was supposed to feature Thanos....This is a shop isnt it....

Zack Fair
Looks like one.

IMO the best approach to handling Thanos is having him be the Darth Sidious of marvel cinematic universe. Having this agenda and getting things in motion from the shadows. He gets exposed at the end of the 2nd movie for a darker ending and cliffhanger and then we get to him in the 3rd movie.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Looks like one.

IMO the best approach to handling Thanos is having him be the Darth Sidious of marvel cinematic universe. Having this agenda and getting things in motion from the shadows. He gets exposed at the end of the 2nd movie for a darker ending and cliffhanger and then we get to him in the 3rd movie. Eh, I'm okay with him showing up about midway through and trashing the Avengers. Then the rest of the movie could either deal with the Avengers needing to find a way to beat him; it could even bleed over into a 3rd movie. Either way, as long as Thanos is portrayed true to his comic character, I won't really care how it goes.

Zack Fair
i think Thanos being a mastermind controlling everything from the shadows would be great characterization for his movie counterpart.

Then again I am not a member of Thanos's death club so I don't know all about him and his history. Perhaps a hardcore Thanos fan can join the discussion?

Igniz
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Wait, what? I thought Avengers 2 was supposed to feature Thanos....This is a shop isnt it....

Joss Whedon confirms Thanos isn't the main villain in Avengers 2.

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/joss-whedon-avengers-thanos.php

Entity
Originally posted by Igniz

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/joss-whedon-avengers-thanos.php YES!!! eek!

Best news I've heard since the end of Avengers. Thanos is awesome but way to much for the movie Avengers right now. And really if you do Thanos whats next?

Thanos should be saved for an epic grand finale. No sooner than atleast the third major Avengers film.

If not an even larger grand scale massive Marvel Universe movie. eek!

If we get to Avengers 3 without screwing it up along the way. *cough*Ironman3*cough*
It'll probably never ever get bigger than that but hell a comic dork can dream. cool

BruceSkywalker

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/joss-whedon-avengers-thanos.php

Whedon has said many things.. Not going to believe any of them until I start seeing photos from the set

armedforbattle
I hope they do Ultron for Avengers 2. I doubt it just because Ant man won't show up until phase 3.

It is to soon for thanos though that's for sure, although I think we might see him fight in the GotG

Darth Jello
Didn't Daredevil and all associated characters, including Elektra just revert to Marvel?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Didn't Daredevil and all associated characters, including Elektra just revert to Marvel?

yep.. but Marvel won;t redo Daredevil for at least a few years though

BruceSkywalker
The man is back.. Iron Man that is.. RDJ signed on for Avengers 2 and 3

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177625-robert-downey-jr-signs-to-return-as-iron-man-in-avengers-2-a-3

JayDaDon
Hey guys just let it roll around in your brain for a bit, what would you guys think of Brad Pitt as Hank Pym?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Hey guys just let it roll around in your brain for a bit, what would you guys think of Brad Pitt as Hank Pym?

too old, maybe if he were 10-15 years younger , but he could certainly pull it off

JayDaDon
He's about RDJ's age right? Which works because isn't Pym more in Tony/Reed's age range? What got me really considering Pitt is imagining the epic back and forth's between Pitt's Pym and RDJ's Stark.

JayDaDon
Also, a name like Pitt attached to Ant-man would skyrocket the hypetrain.

Kazenji
Well they've already started on Ant-Man why change now

and footage has been leaked from last years comic-con.

JayDaDon
Strange that they haven't announced the lead yet since they've already started filming

Kazenji
Here's the test footage reel they showed

http://ap2hyc.com/?p=3815

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by JayDaDon
He's about RDJ's age right? Which works because isn't Pym more in Tony/Reed's age range? What got me really considering Pitt is imagining the epic back and forth's between Pitt's Pym and RDJ's Stark.

Pitt's a few years older, but yea i agree

quanchi112

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/joss-whedon-avengers-thanos.php Its far too early for the greatest character in comics to make his film debut. Dc should be taking notes on how this is done.

CPT Space Bomb

http://ap2hyc.com/?p=3815 http://shirtoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/holy-schnikes.jpg

That was BADASS!

JayDaDon

http://ap2hyc.com/?p=3815

It also says Marvel is still in the process of finding a lead actor. Guess that answers my question.

Kazenji
So Vin Diesel is having a meeting with Marvel

ares834
Very cool.

And, like everybody else, I'm wondering who he could be. A villain? Or perhaps voice Rocket Raccoon?

Kazenji
Thought they already got a voice actor for Rocket Raccoon.

WhiteWitchKing
Hopefully he gets to be Drax (replace Bautista) and Statham gets the RR gig.

BruceSkywalker
Diesel is most likely the voice of Thanos, could be wrong though

Rambo Moe
I was thinking The Vision. Interesting...

Kazenji
^ was thinking the same thing

he did after all have a picture of vision for his profile picture at one time.

Kazenji
Joss Whedon Wants To Reboot HOWARD THE DUCK; Clark Gregg Campaigns For Captain Marvel

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=82349

Kazenji
Joss Whedon promises more female superheroes for Marvel films

Patient_Leech
Yep, was gonna mention that Vin Diesel has met with Marvel. He posted it on Facebook. Won't say what for, though...

-Pr-
Interesting. I wonder who he'd play.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yep, was gonna mention that Vin Diesel has met with Marvel. He posted it on Facebook. Won't say what for, though... I read that too.

Kazenji
Interesting. I wonder who he'd play.

Could be Vision since he had a picture of him up on his profile once.

WhiteWitchKing
A subtle hint dropped by Vin?

Kazenji
That and also a couple months back he did have a picture of him for his Profile pic.

BruceSkywalker
its either Vision or the voice of Thanos

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/969420701_n_zps1d110e35.jpg

BruceSkywalker
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/969420701_n_zps1d110e35.jpg

hmmm... perhaps Vin is the voice of Ultron

JayDaDon
God this better have nothing to do with the Age of Ultron comic storyline

Kazenji
I doubt it

most likely means Ultron getting built and causing shit.

Vensai
I doubt it

most likely means Ultron getting built and causing shit.
Isn't Antman only happening in Phase 3? Though I guess it would make sense if they happened around the same time so Ultron could get built.

ares834
Yeah, the Ant-Man film comes out after. Stark will probably create Ultron, not only will it have a far larger impact on the GA, but IM3 seem to be building up to that. Kinda sucks IMO.

Femi32
Ant-Man doesn't get his own movie until after the Avengers: Age of Ultron. Maybe Hank Pym will be in Avengers. We'll see what happens. Marvel hasn't given me a reason to doubt them.

WhiteWitchKing
Hopefully it's still Hank that is responsible for Ultron. I'm getting a bit tired of IM being involved in everything. Them having him take credit from Hank for creating everybody's lovable, homicidal robot would suck.

And damn, Marvel's got balls and upping their game. They're pushing their obscure characters into mainstream in hopes of creating more iconic characters.

JayDaDon
I'm hoping avengers 2 introduces Pym. Having Stark responsible for creating Ultron would just be too much.

Kazenji
Guess people should wait until more info is revealed.

JayDaDon
*sigh* why marvel, why?

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/07/22/comic-con-whedon-says-no-hank-pym-in-avengers-2-and-different-ultron-origin

Kazenji
Whedon does have a point

this is suppose to be the Marvel cinematic universe, not like its suppose to follow the stories from the books 100%.

ares834
Sure, but changing Ultron's origin is a massive change and a big FU to any Pym or Ultron fans.

Just as bad, IMO, is that if Stark does build Ultron it threatens to cause the movie to become Iron Man and Friends rather than the Avengers. Not to mention Stark went through the "my own inventions used for evil purposes" development in the first film.

Kazenji

Just as bad, IMO, is that if Stark does build Ultron it threatens to cause the movie to become Iron Man and Friends rather than the Avengers. Not to mention Stark went through the "my own inventions used for evil purposes" development in the first film.

Key word there is "IF" this or "IF" That.....

wait until there's more info revealed.

ares834
Everything points to Iron Man building Ultron.

BruceSkywalker
Everything points to Iron Man building Ultron.

how so?? All Whedon has said is that Ultron's comic book origin is going to change??

ares834
The teaser trailer had Iron Man's helmet morph into Ultron's.

Then, IM3 points in that direction. We have JARVIS (an A.I.) control a bunch of armors. Then, at the end, we have Stark blow up all his armors as he will no longer be Iron Man. The likely thing for Stark to now do is to create an Iron Man replacement.

BruceSkywalker
The teaser trailer had Iron Man's helmet morph into Ultron's.

Then, IM3 points in that direction. We have JARVIS (an A.I.) control a bunch of armors. Then, at the end, we have Stark blow up all his armors as he will no longer be Iron Man. The likely thing for Stark to now do is to create an Iron Man replacement.

lols.. just because the teaser has that, doesn't mean anything .. not really no. Just because Stark blew up his armors doesn't tell me that at all, just means who ever creates Ultron(which could still be Hank Pym, despite Whedon saying that no Pym or some other mad scientist creates him) Stark becomes Iron Man once more

Kazenji
Edger Wright confirms Hank Pym for the Ant-Man movie

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=84030

Kazenji
This from a interview from Vin

Visions relationship with Scarlet witch ?........or something else.

Kazenji
Found out Universal still has the rights to Namor.

Kazenji
Marvel Studio's is interested in doing a female led film

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/179099-marvel-studios-wants-a-female-led-superhero-film

DARTH POWER
Meanwhile WB sit around thinking: "Can we do Wonder Woman on the big screen or not? I mean we know she's one of the Big 3 in DC Comics, but she IS A WOMAN! Let's wait and see if Marvel can pull it off first!"

Entity
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Meanwhile WB sit around thinking: "Can we do Wonder Woman on the big screen or not? I mean we know she's one of the Big 3 in DC Comics, but she IS A WOMAN! Let's wait and see if Marvel can pull it off first!" laughing
Truth

Kazenji
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Meanwhile WB sit around thinking: "Can we do Wonder Woman on the big screen or not? I mean we know she's one of the Big 3 in DC Comics, but she IS A WOMAN! Let's wait and see if Marvel can pull it off first!"

Marvel's basically has done a female solo short movie featuring Peggy Carter

most likely a test run for bigger things to come.

Entity
Thought this was awesome.

vJk56QGhIZg

roughrider
Now the timetable for Ant-Man has been moved up - from No. 2015 to July 31 2015.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/ant-man-new-release-date-july-31-2015/

I don't know why. Isn't the summer of 2015 extremely crowded as it is?

roughrider
Thought this was awesome.

vJk56QGhIZg

That's a really good mashup!

Kazenji
Marvel might be doing a Agent Carter tv series

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/marvel-readying-agent-carter-series-631871

WhiteWitchKing
http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/sites/default/files/willemdafoe3.jpg http://fashionreverie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/willem-dafoe-pics-56c3e_moviespad.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/67602/3080673-mephisto+2.jpg

Kazenji
Even better if they have him go with the red costume/outfit, Since that was missing from Peter Fonda's one.

WhiteWitchKing
Yeah, would be great if the get him a full costume with some modifications.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/sites/default/files/willemdafoe3.jpg http://fashionreverie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/willem-dafoe-pics-56c3e_moviespad.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/67602/3080673-mephisto+2.jpg

interesting, he could work

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>