What if- JMS Thor vs Pak Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Thor comes back to life exactly during the time Hulk and company have just finished off the avengers in WWH. WWH tells the others to stay back and the fight will not be interrupted. WWH and OF Thor however will fight to the death. Who takes it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/bobmitchell/blog%20pics/splash%20page%20sunday/thor2oliviercoipel285.jpg

VS

http://media.monstersandcritics.com/articles/1341439/article_images/wwh01secondprinting.jpg

Bouboumaster
What force in the universe would be able to stop Pak's Hulk, but Loeb's Rulk?

Pak's Hulk ftew (for the easy win)

JakeTheBank
OF Thor.

I don't see WWH hitting Thor with a blow capable of one shot killing him sans the Odinforce. And I don't see WWH tanking Thor's attack which shattered Mjolnir, either.

psycho gundam
this occurred to me before when everyone was buying into the "red hulk drained OF thor" cover story:

IF red hulk did indeed drain OF thor and beat him on the moon, does that mean that green scar (hulk with the WBH power within him) is more powerful than OF thor (as red hulk literally tried to drain even more power from him than he did to savage hulk, yet he no sold it and casually beat red hulk like he was some fodder villain)?

i'll let that marinate

ozz81
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
OF Thor.

I don't see WWH hitting Thor with a blow capable of one shot killing him sans the Odinforce. And I don't see WWH tanking Thor's attack which shattered Mjolnir, either.

thumb up

carver9
How many Hulk and Thor fights do we have to have.? Thor is old school. Hulk has taken over.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
How many Hulk and Thor fights do we have to have.? Thor is old school. Hulk has taken over.

As many as it takes for you to stop lying and twisting shit.

Damborgson

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/whathefuk.gif

janus77
WWH wins with some ease. Rulk >>> OF Thor, by some margin, but he was nothing to WWH.

Damborgson
Anything else that makes you think WWH would win besides Loeb being stupid?

JakeTheBank
Like Loeb did any research concerning Thor's power up. He has a history of ignoring continuity to serve his own ends and tell the stories he wants to. He did it in DC and he does it in Marvel as well. He could give two shits at the end of the day. In any case, Loeb shouldn't even be an issue here considering the OP is specifically calling for JMS' Thor and Pak's Hulk.

In any case, I don't see WWH - let alone Rulk - dealing more damage to Thor than Bor did. And I don't see WWH being capable of one shot killing Thor without the Odin Force.

Starscream M
Like Loeb did any research concerning Thor's power up. He has a history of ignoring continuity to serve his own ends and tell the stories he wants to. He did it in DC and he does it in Marvel as well. He could give two shits at the end of the day. In any case, Loeb shouldn't even be an issue here considering the OP is specifically calling for JMS' Thor and Pak's Hulk.

In any case, I don't see WWH - let alone Rulk - dealing more damage to Thor than Bor did. And I don't see WWH being capable of one shot killing Thor without the Odin Force. blaming the writer? erm

why are you thorbags always making excuses:

oh thor was holding back
oh the writer was ignorant
oh thor was fighting retarded
blah blah blah

stop whining and accept the fact...hulk>thor

Starscream M

And I don't see WWH being capable of one shot killing Thor without the Odin Force. neither was that old gasbag bor capable of that no expression

jalek moye
Originally posted by Starscream M
neither was that old gasbag bor capable of that no expression

Except for Thor said it would. I don't Thor was lying to himself about it being able to kill him, seeing as it broke his amped selfs ribs.

Starscream M
Originally posted by jalek moye
Except for Thor said it would. I don't Thor was lying to himself about it being able to kill him, seeing as it broke his amped selfs ribs. i dont think thor can that accurately gauge what could've killed a prior version of him or not...chalk it up to comic hyperbole

besides, bor did literally nothing impressive to support such a notion

JakeTheBank
blaming the writer? erm

why are you thorbags always making excuses:

oh thor was holding back
oh the writer was ignorant
oh thor was fighting retarded
blah blah blah

stop whining and accept the fact...hulk>thor

Okay, well, let's get something straight here.

Your opinion means jack shit to me. Why you ask? Well:

A.) You don't read comics
B.) You turn up your nose at on panel proof
C.) You don't know WTF you're talking about 90% of the time.

I can actually debate with people who read comics like psycho gundam, Stoic, naija boy, or Janus, whether or not I agree with them. With you, it's an exercise in futility because of your misconceptions and random arbitrary assumptions based on what you think should happen versus what has happened. In short, GTFO.

carver9
Originally posted by janus77
WWH wins with some ease. Rulk >>> OF Thor, by some margin, but he was nothing to WWH.

On panel proof is a b****. People will not accept anything though. There are so many showings putting current Hulk above Thor that its ludicrous. Thor fans will ignore it though.

Based on showings Hulk>>Thor.

jalek moye
i dont think thor can that accurately gauge what could've killed a prior version of him or not...chalk it up to comic hyperbole

I think he can, He's been fighting for hundreds of thousands of years and has died several times. I'm pretty sure he knows what it takes to kill him. And you find shattering an Amped Thor's with his first attack un impressive? As well as breaking Mjolnir by it hitting him?

Starscream M

I can actually debate with people who read comics like psycho gundam, Stoic, naija boy, or Janus, whether or not I agree with them. With you, it's an exercise in futility because of your misconceptions and random arbitrary assumptions based on what you think should happen versus what has happened. In short, GTFO. Im using on panel proof...Im not the one dismissing them because I don't like the writer

stop being butthurt no expression

JakeTheBank
i dont think thor can that accurately gauge what could've killed a prior version of him or not...chalk it up to comic hyperbole

Jesus. Read a damn comic for once.

Thor knows the capabilities of himself and he likewise knows when he's enhanced by the Odin Force. Your "opinion" is based on nothing. It's painfully clear that Bor was intended on being a planetary threat...evidenced by the fact that the action of merely powering up his godly energies was capable of destroying the planet if left unchecked.

Starscream M
I think he can, He's been fighting for hundreds of thousands of years and has died several times. I'm pretty sure he knows what it takes to kill him. And you find shattering an Amped Thor's with his first attack un impressive? As well as breaking Mjolnir by it hitting him? bor fought the dark avengers, and he didn't own them as much as he should've given his hype

also look at the battle damage from bor-thor fight...there wasn't that much

JakeTheBank
Im using on panel proof...Im not the one dismissing them because I don't like the writer

stop being butthurt no expression

I find that hard to believe. Extremely.

Nothing WWH did supports him being able to kill Thor sans Odin Force with a single blow. And nothing WWH did suggests him being able to endure the same power capable of shattering Mjolnir upon contact.

JakeTheBank
bor fought the dark avengers, and he didn't own them as much as he should've given his hype

lol it's pretty clear you didn't read Thor #600. He dismissed them like after thoughts.

And if you read the narration, you'd know that Bor was going to endanger the entire planet with his godly energy.

Starscream M
I find that hard to believe. Extremely.

Nothing WWH did supports him being able to kill Thor sans Odin Force with a single blow. And nothing WWH did suggests him being able to endure the same power capable of shattering Mjolnir upon contact. stop strawmanning

I never said WWH can kill thor with one blow...he can't. Just said that a single hyperbolic statement does not establish bor's power.

jalek moye
bor fought the dark avengers, and he didn't own them as much as he should've given his hype

There wasn't much battle damage because they fought Melee in the middle of a single street, and as you know a lot of times collateral damage doesn't really happen in comics unless people are being knocked all over the place. When Bor started using energy the planet was going to be destroyed.

I do remember him owning them pretty easily.

Zack Fair
Okay, well, let's get something straight here.

Your opinion means jack shit to me. Why you ask? Well:

A.) You don't read comics
B.) You turn up your nose at on panel proof
C.) You don't know WTF you're talking about 90% of the time.

I can actually debate with people who read comics like psycho gundam, Stoic, naija boy, or Janus, whether or not I agree with them. With you, it's an exercise in futility because of your misconceptions and random arbitrary assumptions based on what you think should happen versus what has happened. In short, GTFO.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15041421/images/1306285824528.gif

JakeTheBank
stop strawmanning

I never said WWH can kill thor with one blow...he can't. Just said that a single hyperbolic statement does not establish bor's power.

How is hyperbolic? Bor, with a single almost glancing strike from his axe, broke Thor's ribs. That implies a level of power clearly beyond the norm. And yes, I'd say that breaking an amped Thor's ribs with a single blow is in line with having the power to kill a non-amped Thor with a single blow.

Funny thing is that there's more evidence supporting Thor being amped under JMS, but you'd know that if you actually read it. Thor also tanked the Destroyer's disintegration beam - the same attack which actually KILLED him before - and outside of his armor being damaged, had only some bruises and slight burns.

So yes, despite what you may THINK, OF Thor was amped significantly beyond that of his classic incarnation. And Bor was definitely impressive.

Damborgson
neither was that old gasbag bor capable of that no expression

Yes he was. Thor didn't say "He's stronger than anyone I've ever faced!" he said "were it not for the odinforce I'd be dead even now" and Bor gave him more than enough of a fight to make me believe it was true. Then he almost blew up the planet by standing in place and powering up. He was no joke.

quanchi112
On panel proof is a b****. People will not accept anything though. There are so many showings putting current Hulk above Thor that its ludicrous. Thor fans will ignore it though.

Based on showings Hulk>>Thor. Bs. Thor beat an amped Hulk. Thor has ko'd Hulk with a lightning blast. Thor has driven off a weakened Galactus. Thor has crushed the Surfer. Has the Hulk ?

Damborgson
How is hyperbolic? Bor, with a single almost glancing strike from his axe, broke Thor's ribs. That implies a level of power clearly beyond the norm. And yes, I'd say that breaking an amped Thor's ribs with a single blow is in line with having the power to kill a non-amped Thor with a single blow.

Funny thing is that there's more evidence supporting Thor being amped under JMS, but you'd know that if you actually read it. Thor also tanked the Destroyer's disintegration beam - the same attack which actually KILLED him before - and outside of his armor being damaged, had only some bruises and slight burns.

So yes, despite what you may THINK, OF Thor was amped significantly beyond that of his classic incarnation. And Bor was definitely impressive.

He thinks OF Thor is a mid herald. There's no arguing against that type of thought process.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Damborgson
He thinks OF Thor is a mid herald. There's no arguing against that type of thought process.

You give Brucie too much credit, He thinks King Thor is mid herald. OF Thor is a mere meta

Damborgson
You give Brucie too much credit, He thinks King Thor is mid herald. OF Thor is a mere meta

Classic Thor is barely scratching the surface into low meta from street level then?

jalek moye
Classic Thor is barely scratching the surface into low meta from street level then?

On a good day

JakeTheBank

At absolute best, I can see someone thinking OF Thor was no more powerful than his classic incarnation due to JMS' run being less about power levels and more about characterization and story developments. Even then, when you look at his feats under JMS and compare them to Thor's portrayal before he gains the Odin Force, it's pretty obvious that he's intended to be > Thor normally.

Damborgson
At absolute best, I can see someone thinking OF Thor was no more powerful than his classic incarnation due to JMS' run being less about power levels and more about characterization and story developments. Even then, when you look at his feats under JMS and compare them to Thor's portrayal before he gains the Odin Force, it's pretty obvious that he's intended to be > Thor normally.

There were instances in the arc that could have been repeated by classic Thor, such as the Ironman beat down, but he seemed to be operating at higher levels in general.

edit: btw have to say again, that to me JMS has written (maybe besides Gillen) the best Post resurrection Thor to date. I really do miss his writing.

JakeTheBank
There were instances in the arc that could have been repeated by classic Thor, such as the Ironman beat down, but he seemed to be operating at higher levels in general.

His showing against Iron Man and in Africa are all stuff I can see normal Thor doing, but his resurrection of the Asgardians and bringing Asgard and its artifacts to Midgard as well as his battles against the Destroyer Armor and Bor are clearly beyond that of Thor's normal capabilities, imo.

Come to think of it, Thor forcibly plucking Steve's spirit from his time-loop is also pretty impressive considering that time manipulation had been removed from Mjolnir's capabilities by Immortus years ago.

jalek moye
H
Come to think of it, Thor forcibly plucking Steve's spirit from his time-loop is also pretty impressive considering that time manipulation had been removed from Mjolnir's capabilities by Immortus years ago.

Heh, an unintentional epic feat

Bouboumaster
Again, it's PAK's Hulk. PAK's.

What kind of chance Thor got here? Heck, Pak's Hulk take every version of Thor in history for a majority.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

What kind of chance Thor got here? Heck, Pak's Hulk take every version of Thor in history for a majority.

Rune King Thor runs a train on every Hulk in history at once. You could argue regular Thor having a competitive match with WWH, let alone a Thor who's obviously amped.

Bouboumaster
Rune King Thor runs a train on every Hulk in history at once.

Pak's Hulk thunderclap his face!

Damborgson
His showing against Iron Man and in Africa are all stuff I can see normal Thor doing, but his resurrection of the Asgardians and bringing Asgard and its artifacts to Midgard as well as his battles against the Destroyer Armor and Bor are clearly beyond that of Thor's normal capabilities, imo.

Ok about the Asgard to Earth feat, Thor just teleported it from Asgard Space and fixed it up witht he storm? Or did he create it from scratch like Odin did during Fear Itself?

I agree, OF Thor definitely had feats beyond Classic Thor. I'd place him at low trans reaching mid personally.

JakeTheBank
Ok about the Asgard to Earth feat, Thor just teleported it from Asgard Space and fixed it up witht he storm? Or did he create it from scratch like Odin did during Fear Itself?

I agree, OF Thor definitely had feats beyond Classic Thor. I'd place him at low trans reaching mid personally.

Well, considering the dimension of Asgard was basically destroyed, I'm inclined to say he created the city out of nowhere and just tapping into the Odin Force to form it.

Fraction, Bendis, and JMS all had different views as far as Asgard's native dimension goes, though. Under JMS, it was basically destroyed, Bendis described the other realms still existing independent of Asgard, and Fraction is kind of doing a combination of the two ideas, imo.

Colossus-Big C
Pak said Hulk could challenge galactus. if he wanted to, he would write hulk beating rune king thor or atleast stalemating him.

if we use rulk as a measuring stick, hulk is insanely powerful

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Pak said Hulk could challenge galactus. if he wanted to he would write hulk beating rune king thor or atleast stalemating him

Joe Casey said nothing short of Classic Beyonder could stop Superman. Means little at the end of the day. It also doesn't help that Pak did write Hulk versus a skyfather and we all know how that happened.

And who says Pak would write the fight to begin with? If Jurgens, Oeming, or JMS - all writers who handled Thor with the Odin Force to some degree - wrote the fight, Hulk would probably get dismissed like a non threat.

Starscream M
He thinks OF Thor is a mid herald. There's no arguing against that type of thought process. pls quote where I ever said OF thor is midherald

I did not

OF thor in my estimation is high herald...which is where I place classic thor as well

the only areas OF thor impressed me were nonbattle feats (ie conjuring Asgard)

fighting-wise, he's high-herald

Damborgson
pls quote where I ever said OF thor is midherald

I did not

OF thor in my estimation is high herald...which is where I place classic thor as well

the only areas OF thor impressed me were nonbattle feats (ie conjuring Asgard)

fighting-wise, he's high-herald

I'll look for the thread when I have time. Your argument was even worse at first though. You said he was low herald.

Fighting wise he's low trans at least. You don't survive attacks that would have killed you in a weaker state and somehow stay the same level.

Starscream M
I'll look for the thread when I have time. Your argument was even worse at first though. You said he was low herald.

Fighting wise he's low trans at least. You don't survive attacks that would have killed you in a weaker state and somehow stay the same level. if I said he was low herald (dont remember doing so) it was either in jest or I didn't understand what low herald meant

but if you could find it, that'd be great

JakeTheBank
I don't know someone can reconcile Thor tanking the Destroyer's blast, which killed him before, or enduring an attack deliberately stated to have slain him without the Odin Force as Thor being on the same level as his normal self. I really don't. JMS was pretty obvious that by the time Thor #600 came out that Thor was amped. And Dr. Strange's comments of restoring Thor to what he was before the Odin Force amp should clear any misconception up.

jalek moye
I don't know someone can reconcile Thor tanking the Destroyer's blast, which killed him before, or enduring an attack deliberately stated to have slain him without the Odin Force. I really don't. JMS was pretty obvious that by the time Thor #600 came out that Thor was amped. And Dr. Strange's comments of restoring Thor to what he was before the Odin Force amp should clear any misconception up.

He can't because he didn't read the issues or any Thor comic for that matter as evidenced by practically everything he says. Doubt he even fully looked at the scans, just glanced and went back to his Thor sucks blog.

Igniz
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

The same Pak that had Zeus manhandled Hulk laughing

carver9
edit. Thanks Jake.

JakeTheBank
OF Thor is low to mid trans IMO. Question...Thor was still in possession of the OF when he rebuilt that moon (after his battle of destroying it) right? Another question. Him rebuilding the moon drained him of his powers right and him rebuilding his hammer took the OF completely from him right? If all of this is true, I would put him around low trans. If he wasn't drained after all of this, then I would put him around Mid trans.

Different Odin Force Thor.

The Thor you're thinking of was King Thor, early on in the Reigning, not OF Thor from the relaunch.

carver9
Different Odin Force Thor.

The Thor you're thinking of was King Thor, early on in the Reigning, not OF Thor from the relaunch.

After crushing his hammer on Bor...didn't he use the Odom force to create it back which basically took the power from him?

JakeTheBank
After crushing his hammer on Bor...didn't he use the Odom force to create it back which basically took the power from him?

Dr. Strange reforged the hammer using what was left of the Odin Force, sealing the power within the hammer. Supposedly, if the hammer is ever damaged or destroyed again, Thor could die as the Mjolnir is now linked with his life force.

carver9
I admit, I didn't keep up with OF Thor...seen a couple of runs with him and got bored of the character. Fear Thor imo is one of the best Thors out.

JakeTheBank
I admit, I didn't keep up with OF Thor...seen a couple of runs with him and got bored of the character. Fear Thor imo is one of the best Thors out.

There wasn't really a lot of "runs" with OF Thor. Just what JMS wrote during the relaunch and the sporadic cameos in other titles which didn't even mention the OF amp. But I can see why you'd love Fraction-Thor over JMS-Thor.

carver9
If anyone needs any of current Thor runs please let me know...have all of it saved on my drive.

quanchi112
He can't because he didn't read the issues or any Thor comic for that matter as evidenced by practically everything he says. Doubt he even fully looked at the scans, just glanced and went back to his Thor sucks blog. Bruce is getting called out. The sad thing is he just takes it.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Bruce is getting called out. The sad thing is he just takes it.

Just like I called you out?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.