The Avengers vs The Machines (The Matrix)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
The Zionites have recruited the Avengers to stop the swarm of 250,000 Sentinels pouring out of a puncture in the wall to invade Zion

They start where and when the APU's started their final battle

Can they do it?

Newjak
Originally posted by Lestov16
The Zionites have recruited the Avengers to stop the swarm of 250,000 Sentinels pouring out of a puncture in the wall to invade Zion

They start where and when the APU's started their final battle

Can they do it? Thor bottlenecks, and Hulk smashes, and Ironman somehow ends up with a nuke at the end to save the day stick out tongue

marwash22
seriously though, Thor. Tony and Hulk don't even need the other members.

Lestov16
They're there for moral support

KingD19
It wouldn't be hard for Thor to zap the lead one and have the lightning arc ad infinitum.

BruceSkywalker
lols.. Thor, Stark and Hulk can solo.. Cap could as well..

Barton and Natasha just sit on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Hellicarrier reminiscing about Budapest

Impediment
Thor solos.

Lightning, storms, whirlwinds, and EMP bursts make short work of the machines.

marwash22
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
lols.. Thor, Stark and Hulk can solo.. Cap could as well..

Barton and Natasha just sit on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Hellicarrier reminiscing about Budapest Thor and Hulk, yes.

Tony, possibly... but doubtful 'cause that is a lot of enemies and he got caught a few times in the invasion against far fewer opponents.

Cap, hell no he doesn't solo this.

KingD19
Tony's lasers would do a good deal of damage.

marwash22
yup, butt that's still A LOT of robots... who have their own lasers if memory serves.

Impediment
Too bad that Thor wasn't shown using any EMP bursts from Mjolnir in the films.

That, alone, would destroy EVERY SINGLE machine.

marwash22
dunno why i typed "butt" instead of "but". no expression

Originally posted by Impediment

That, alone, would destroy EVERY SINGLE machine. i hope they show more of Thor's exotic abilities in his solo sequel.

Placidity
I think people are seriously underestimating the Machines. 250, 000 is A LOT - More than they can deal with IMO. Each Sentinel can deal some decent damage too, they have lasers that cut through ships, and their tentacles/claws can rip metal apart.

I say Avengers get overwhelmed.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by marwash22
Thor and Hulk, yes.

Tony, possibly... but doubtful 'cause that is a lot of enemies and he got caught a few times in the invasion against far fewer opponents.

Cap, hell no he doesn't solo this.

Cap's shield can tank a lot of damage so that is gonna be helpful..

as for Stark, his lasers and maneuverability will help him as well..

Originally posted by Impediment

That, alone, would destroy EVERY SINGLE machine.

Thor calling forth lightning and throwing Mjolnir is ample enough

KingD19
Seriously. All Thor has to do is point and click. His lightning will arc from bot to bot and keep zapping them until it runs out of stuff to conduct through.

Placidity
I don't think you have considered how many 250,000 is, they will come from every single direction, and they are fast.

KingD19
He starts zapping from the moment they come through that hole, and the lightning will arc through every single one in close enough proximity.

They had him blocking the wormhole for a reason.

Psychotron
Lol at Cap soloing.

marwash22
Originally posted by Psychotron
Lol at Cap soloing. ikr.

Originally posted by Placidity
I think people are seriously underestimating the Machines. 250, 000 is A LOT - More than they can deal with IMO. Each Sentinel can deal some decent damage too, they have lasers that cut through ships, and their tentacles/claws can rip metal apart.

I say Avengers get overwhelmed. the machines can't hurt Hulk or Thor. Those two will eventually smash them all.

Placidity
Originally posted by KingD19

They had him blocking the wormhole for a reason.

Yet the aliens were still making through it, and those aliens were nothing in number compared to how many sentinels there are and how fast they are coming through.

Do you really think Thor kills 250,000 sentinels just by standing there?

They can hurt Thor IMO, and they'll all latch on and before long Thor would collapse under their weight alone.

0mega Spawn
machines.
250,000 bomb throwing, laser shooting robots. should not be underestimated.

Greysen93
Avengers, but everybody except Hulk and Thor die

Trackz
Don't think the Avengers can do it...hell Thor might die. Hulk survives but may need to retreat.

BruceSkywalker
forgot about this.. Stark nukes them.. the end for the machines

dadudemon
Machines have a decent chance. I think Thor can be harmed by them because they can tear apart ships.

Originally posted by marwash22
dunno why i typed "butt" instead of "but". no expression

I wondered about that. no expression

the ninjak
This is a tough fight.
-Thor can't channel too much electricity so far underground. No bottleneck lightning.
-Hulk appears to have been only been harmed via constant barrage of attacks. These machines can supply that.
-Cap,BW,HE are useless.
-Ironman....I don't like his chances.

This Machine army would've eviscerated the Chitauri.

FrothByte
If the Avengers try to make a stand, they'll probably die. Ironman can take out a lot of machines, but those machines are plenty strong enough to rip apart Ironman if they catch him. Hulk doesn't have enough ranged attacks, which means the machines can bombard him with firepower like the Chitauri did.

Thor has the best chances as he has massive ranged attacks, but even he can get mauled by a thousand machines.

The only way they're winning this is if they strategize (like IM has an emp maybe). Or if they play hit and run... in which case everyone dies with just Thor and Hulk eventually finishing off all the machines after days of fighting.

the ninjak
Originally posted by FrothByte
If the Avengers try to make a stand, they'll probably die. Ironman can take out a lot of machines, but those machines are plenty strong enough to rip apart Ironman if they catch him. Hulk doesn't have enough ranged attacks, which means the machines can bombard him with firepower like the Chitauri did.

Thor has the best chances as he has massive ranged attacks, but even he can get mauled by a thousand machines.

The only way they're winning this is if they strategize (like IM has an emp maybe). Or if they play hit and run... in which case everyone dies with just Thor and Hulk eventually finishing off all the machines after days of fighting.
If Ironman has access to the Xion's tech he can replicate it!

Meaning they had EMP tech therefore Ironman can replicate it.

I see stark creating EMP armors throughout the bottleneck. And machines falling like flies.

Tony can win this!

Pwned
Seriously, give them 3 days prep, or even less, and Iron Man will solo it all in under a minute.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Pwned
Seriously, give them 3 days prep, or even less, and Iron Man will solo it all in under a minute.

thumb up I say give him a day. At least.
Those machines wont know what hit them.

The other Avengers back him up. Hawkeye has EMP arrows!!!! eek!

FrothByte
Originally posted by the ninjak
thumb up I say give him a day. At least.
Those machines wont know what hit them.

The other Avengers back him up. Hawkeye has EMP arrows!!!! eek!

But incase they don't get prep time, how do you think things will go?

the ninjak
But incase they don't get prep time, how do you think things will go?

Oh shit they have prep time!

They die. Well no prep time at all. They die.

With prep- Stomp.
No prep- Death.

InMyOpinion
People are forgetting one thing, blow an EMP and that means, Iron Man's suit is off, all the humans robots and ships are out, etc. In the word's of the General "Save the dock? You just handed it to them on a silver platter."

Robtard
Thor could likely solo by creating a massive tornado and spamming lightning nonstop from all directions thereby frying everything, since the human's 'last stand' area was a giant doom.

But it's underground, no summoning lightning.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
Thor could likely solo by creating a massive tornado and spamming lightning nonstop from all directions thereby frying everything, since the human's 'last stand' area was a giant doom.

But it's underground, no summoning lightning.

The only way the Avengers are winning this is if IM, Thor, and Hulk simply left all the humans to die and took the fight above ground where they can utilize IM's and Thor's ranged attacks... and even then I"m not sure Tony will survive (unless ofcourse he uses pre mentioned EMP).

Placidity
Hulk is the only one that possibly lives. But he still gets incapacitated.

NemeBro
Originally posted by InMyOpinion
People are forgetting one thing, blow an EMP and that means, Iron Man's suit is off, all the humans robots and ships are out, etc. In the word's of the General "Save the dock? You just handed it to them on a silver platter." Ironman's suit doesn't run on electricity, last I checked.

Placidity
Originally posted by NemeBro
Ironman's suit doesn't run on electricity, last I checked.

Where did you check? I'd like to check also.

BlackZero30x
It runs on the arc reactor in his chest. It never said what kind of energy it put out iirc.

Lestov16
What if the fight is relocated to the clouds where Neo and Trinity flew in Revolutions

Placidity
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
It runs on the arc reactor in his chest. It never said what kind of energy it put out iirc.

Why would you assume it doesn't run on electricity?

Why did the lightning charge him up?

I believe there was lots of electricity when the big arc reactor in Iron Man 1 when it was being pushed to overdrive or whatever. And yea, it supplied powers to homes etc. Just like the thing he installed in the Avengers powered up his Tower. Guess what, it runs on electricity, not sound waves, or light or heat or whatever else. Either way, you don't think his suit is made from electronic tech regardless of what form of energy the reactor outputs?

Newjak
I don't think the machines can harm Thor or Hulk, it's nice to say they have lasers that can break through ships, but so did Ironman and it wasn't like they were causing much damage to the more durable creatures like the Leviathon's and I would say Thor or Hulk are both tougher than those things.

Even if all Thor does is Fly up through the hole when it first forms he would take out a ton of Sentinels just flying through them hammer first. Until he reaches the sky and calls Forth massive amounts of lightning down on them from above.

Heck Thor could probably fly towards the central control area if IM can direct him and threaten the lead machine. I don't think there is really anything they can do to stop him.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
The arc reactor was stated to output 3 gigawatts of power. So yeah, Tony's armor does run on electricity and his systems getting charged up to 400% + power when hit by Thor's lightning is further proof of that.

On a sidenote, the "arc" in the arc reactor is a play on electric arcs which have incredibly high current densities.

TheGodKiller
Guess what, it runs on electricity, not sound waves, or light or heat or whatever else. Either way, you don't think his suit is made from electronic tech regardless of what form of energy the reactor outputs?
Even if sound waves, light waves etc. were involved, it would still run on electricity because these types of devices convert those types of energy into electrical power for machines to run on.

Robtard
Arc Reactor produces electrical current, it's just a self sustaining and apparently "clean" power source. Unless it's been specifically stated that Tony build in EMP protection, there's no reason to assume his suit would be immune in a Vs match. But personally, I find it hard to believe his suit isn't insulated to survive and EMP burst, guys a genius.

One thing I didn't understand, why he lost power when he went into Chitauri space, it seems like he needs to have a connection with Stark Tower to run the suit.

Newjak
Arc Reactor produces electrical current, it's just a self sustaining and apparently "clean" power source. Unless it's been specifically stated that Tony build in EMP protection, there's no reason to assume his suit would be immune in a Vs match. But personally, I find it hard to believe his suit isn't insulated to survive and EMP burst, guys a genius.

One thing I didn't understand, why he lost power when he went into Chitauri space, it seems like he needs to have a connection with Stark Tower to run the suit. I just attributed Stark losing power at the end to him using up all his power reserves, not him losing contact with Stark Tower. He did just go through a huge fight and was using massive amounts of power.

Robtard
Understandable, I don't recall Jarvis mentioning him be low. But that's likely it.

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
The arc reactor was stated to output 3 gigawatts of power. So yeah, Tony's armor does run on electricity and his systems getting charged up to 400% + power when hit by Thor's lightning is further proof of that.

On a sidenote, the "arc" in the arc reactor is a play on electric arcs which have incredibly high current densities.

Actually, I think it was stated to be 3 gigajoules per second and that was the one he built in the cave, his later ones were far more powerful.

Newjak
Understandable, I don't recall Jarvis mentioning him be low. But that's likely it. I know he asked Jarvis to divert all power to thrusters when he heard about the Missile coming in. He may have burned through it all catching up to the missile and diverting it.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Newjak
I don't think the machines can harm Thor or Hulk, it's nice to say they have lasers that can break through ships, but so did Ironman and it wasn't like they were causing much damage to the more durable creatures like the Leviathon's and I would say Thor or Hulk are both tougher than those things.

Even if all Thor does is Fly up through the hole when it first forms he would take out a ton of Sentinels just flying through them hammer first. Until he reaches the sky and calls Forth massive amounts of lightning down on them from above.

Heck Thor could probably fly towards the central control area if IM can direct him and threaten the lead machine. I don't think there is really anything they can do to stop him.

Well the chitauri ships were hurting Hulk when they ganged up on him. He was powerless to stop them then until the chitauri's mothership blew. And if they could do that to Hulk, then it would probably be similar with Thor.

I haven't watched Matrix in quite some time so I'm not sure what kind of firepower those machines have, but if they have anything to equal the firepower of the chitauri gunships, then thousands of them will give even Hulk and Thor problems.

Newjak
Well the chitauri ships were hurting Hulk when they ganged up on him. He was powerless to stop them then until the chitauri's mothership blew. And if they could do that to Hulk, then it would probably be similar with Thor.

I haven't watched Matrix in quite some time so I'm not sure what kind of firepower those machines have, but if they have anything to equal the firepower of the chitauri gunships, then thousands of them will give even Hulk and Thor problems. Besides their physical power the only other weapon they carried was a laser beam that they apparently could only use while they were latched to something cause as far as I can remember they only used it when they were trying to dismantle a ship.

Also it wasn't like the lasers they had instantly cut through ships either, I would say Ironman's laser was way more impressive than the Sentinels'. I would also say that the Chitauri weapons were more powerful as well. I don't see Matrix style ships taking more than a couple of those blasts and like I said it wasn't like a Sentinel laser was instantly cutting through the ships as far as I remember.

So unless I'm missing some big feat that those lasers did I don't see them being enough to hurt Hulk or Thor especially if they aren't standing still.

Mindset
I just attributed Stark losing power at the end to him using up all his power reserves, not him losing contact with Stark Tower. He did just go through a huge fight and was using massive amounts of power. I thought he lost power because he was near the nuclear explosion and his suit was damaged.

Or did he lose power before that?

Placidity
Originally posted by Mindset
I thought he lost power because he was near the nuclear explosion and his suit was damaged.

Or did he lose power before that?

Mindset.

Don't ask questions.

Newjak
I thought he lost power because he was near the nuclear explosion and his suit was damaged.

Or did he lose power before that? I think he lost it before that. As in he tried to call Pepper it didn't work then his suit lost power and let the missile go just as his eyes went out.

I could be remembering it wrong though, but I'm pretty sure that's how it went.

Mindset
Mindset.

Don't ask questions. Stop breathing.

omgchos
Is there even a reason he lost power? Was it the cold of space or what?

Newjak
Originally posted by omgchos
Is there even a reason he lost power? Was it the cold of space or what? I don't think it has anything to do with space.
I think it has to do with the fact he has a finite source of power and he had been using a lot of it during the battle and that the missile snatch he did probably was him on his last legs.

Lestov16
Didn't Iron Man's suit lose power in the Chitauri space from the EMP from the nuke?

Newjak
Originally posted by Lestov16
Didn't Iron Man's suit lose power in the Chitauri space from the EMP from the nuke? It depends on when he lost power.

I think he lost power before the Nuke went off, therefore I think he just ran out of power.

If he did lose power after the nuke went off the lose of power could have stemmed from an emp but not completely concrete.

Also he didn't lose power in one swift moment I think. I think his eyes blinked a couple of times before going off. If it had been an emp my guess would have been that his eyes would have shut off without the blinking.

TheGodKiller
One thing I didn't understand, why he lost power when he went into Chitauri space, it seems like he needs to have a connection with Stark Tower to run the suit.
Maybe the Cosmic Cube portal phucked him up?

His chest plate was running on an entirely new element(absent from the Periodic Table) afterall. An element he created utilizing his father's notes that were written from studying the tesseract.

Edit: Although that depends on whether Avengers takes place before or after Iron Man 2.

Newjak
Maybe the Cosmic Cube portal phucked him up?

His chest plate was running on an entirely new element(absent from the Periodic Table) afterall. An element he created utilizing his father's notes that were written from studying the tesseract.

Edit: Although that depends on whether Avengers takes place before or after Iron Man 2. It takes place after Ironman 2 cause Potts and Tony are couple which didn't happen until the end of IM2.

TheGodKiller
It takes place after Ironman 2 cause Potts and Tony are couple which didn't happen until the end of IM2.
Then that my theory becomes perfectly plausible.

Edit: Does anyone remember the scene from AEMH where Iron Man's systems got momentarily overwhelmed from trying to scan the ultra-powerful cosmic cube?

Newjak
Like you said it's plausible but I would more likely think it happened because of running out of power or an emp from the nuke depending on when he lost power.

Also I'm not sure if it was the cube, he did try to shoot the terrasect and got a backlash of Cube energy to him and it didn't short out his suit when that happened.

TheGodKiller
Also I'm not sure if it was the cube, he did try to shoot the terrasect and got a backlash of Cube energy to him and it didn't short out his suit when that happened.
Delayed reaction? It probably got accelerated by going through the portal.

Newjak
Delayed reaction? It probably got accelerated by going through the portal. It was in his previous suit before he changed to his new one and participated in that gigantic battle. So I don't see how it would carry over from one suit to the next.

I mean I'm sure people think of way but I continue to go with he was probably just out of power because of the all the battling, damage, and heroics he had just gone through. It seems the simplest and easiest one and doesn't really need to have a lot of theories and what ifs put in to make it work.

TheGodKiller
It was in his previous suit before he changed to his new one and participated in that gigantic battle. So I don't see how it would carry over from one suit to the next.
I don't recall such a scene.

References?

Edit: Not to mention that the arc reactor is located in Tony's chest, not his suits.

Newjak
I don't recall such a scene.

References?

Edit: Not to mention that the arc reactor is located in Tony's chest, not his suits. It's the scene were IM flies from the helicarrier to his building and confronts the Doctor on top of the roof. He tries to blow up the Cube only to have it blow him backwards. Then he says time for plan b and lands and confronts Loki where he changes suits.

I know the Arc reactor is located in his chest hence why I said you could probably come up with a way for it to fit in order for your theory to work.

You are stating that the Cube slowly drained his energy reserves after a long battle and only when he released the missile did it finally take effect. It just seems like such an unlikely scenario in the movie and something never stated in the movie for me to believe that is what the makers of movie intended to be the reason IM ran out of power.

I still personally see it as him running out of power after an exhaustive fight and last ditch heroics where he needed every last bit of power to get the job done.

Then probably the EMP is the next most likely one depending of it IM lost power before or after the nuke went off.(I think IM lost power before it went off)

Nibedicus
Machines rape. Avengers would prolly kill 1k, maybe 5k... but 250k? No freakin way.

Based
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Machines rape. Avengers would prolly kill 1k, maybe 5k... but 250k? No freakin way.

No. Sorry but no.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Based
No. Sorry but no.

Barring an EMP (w/c they never showed they could do in the movies, tho it could be argued that Tony+Thor could def figure that out, sadly they never showed they could in the movie) how exactly are they taking down the sentinels en masse? No doubt Thor and Hulk will be the real threat here (with Thor being the main gun vs the Sentinels due to his lightning) but Iron Man gets taken down once he's swarmed, Cap, too. Widow and Hawkeye will be useless as their weapons will do almost no damage to the Sentinels.

It COULD be argued that Thor would clog the hole with a lightning stream, but this is underground. In the movies, Thor summoned lightning bolts from the sky to power up Mjolnir when he did his big attacks. They will be fighting underground won't they?

The real question would be: can the Sentinel lasers (w/c can cut through thick hovercraft armor and hull) hurt Thor or Hulk? If you believe not, then Avengers win. I happen to believe that the Sentinel lasers would be able to harm them, especially en masse.

Basically, 250k sentinels stomp.

Placidity

Kids can't even imagine the vastness of that many Sentinels. In their mind it's more like 250.

Nibedicus
Kids can't even imagine the vastness of that many Sentinels. In their mind it's more like 250.

I'd have to agree. 250k is a crazy number.

Their lasers will blot out the sun.

Newjak
Their lasers weren't that powerful, definitely not remotely close to Ironman's.

I don't think the Sentinels can harm Hulk or Thor.

Nibedicus
Their lasers weren't that powerful, definitely not remotely close to Ironman's.

I don't think the Sentinels can harm Hulk or Thor.

Well, I agree that Tony's lasers are far more powerful. Like I said, it comes down to whether or not you believe that the lasers (along with their steel claws/tentacles) will be bee stings or just watergun squirts to Thor and Hulk. Cap, Widow, Hawk and IM (eventually) dies for sure.

If they're water guns, sure the Avengers win. Bee stings, Avengers die.

Look, I believe the Avengers were badass, too. But those lasers were designed to penetrate thick metal and you gotta imagine what 250k is like. That's like a full colony of (flying and coordinated) army ants swarming all over you (with lasers!).

Newjak
Well, I agree that Tony's lasers are far more powerful. Like I said, it comes down to whether or not you believe that the lasers (along with their steel claws/tentacles) will be bee stings or just watergun squirts to Thor and Hulk. Cap, Widow, Hawk and IM (eventually) dies for sure.

If they're water guns, sure the Avengers win. Bee stings, Avengers die.

Look, I believe the Avengers were badass, too. But those lasers were designed to penetrate thick metal and you gotta imagine what 250k is like. That's like a full colony of (flying and coordinated) army ants swarming all over you (with lasers!). Technically I don't believe the Sentinels were shown to be able to fly while shooting their lasers.

Also it wasn't like they cut through the metal hulls quickly. It took some time and effort on their part.

I feel like their lasers would be more water squirts to Thor and Hulk.

Thor took a Repulsor blast to the face without any damage.

If Thor just flew up straight through the whole his hammer out in front I feel like he would fly through massive amounts of those Sentinels destroying a bunch of them.

Silent Master
The best part is, that is an actual tactic Thor used in his movie.

Nibedicus
Technically I don't believe the Sentinels were shown to be able to fly while shooting their lasers.

Also it wasn't like they cut through the metal hulls quickly. It took some time and effort on their part.

I feel like their lasers would be more water squirts to Thor and Hulk.

Thor took a Repulsor blast to the face without any damage.

If Thor just flew up straight through the whole his hammer out in front I feel like he would fly through massive amounts of those Sentinels destroying a bunch of them.

They flew and had lasers. Never said they used both at the same time. stick out tongue that's why I separated the parentheses where I mentioned them.

The hovercraft armor was thick but once the lasers got thru, they were cutting thru things pretty much with abandon, IIRC.

Repulsors are kinetic impact weapons (I believe), tho (and to an extent, the Chitauri weapons, too). Not heat based penetration weapons like the Sentinel lasers. Different damage types, IMO. Thor's skin was tough but I don't see it as being so tough that lasers that cut through thick steele would just flow off him like water.

The hammer charge is an effective tactic, but at his scale, tactics don't matter anymore. This is 250k we're talking about. Thor'll rip thru dozens of em when he does his flying charge but he'll also get swarmed when he does so (the Sentinels are fast and precise). Once the Sentinels realize how tough his skin is (should take all of 5 seconds), they'll switch tactics and go laser on every weakness (eyes, mouth, extremities) they believe theh can hit. Same with Hulk.

I mean, come on guys, Vulcan aircraft fire hurt the Hulk enough to annoy him (like snowballs would) but future tech laser weapons that cut thru future tech large ship armor anf hull will be completely shrugged off like water pistols?

I kinda find that hard to swallow...

Newjak
They flew and had lasers. Never said they used both at the same time. stick out tongue that's why I separated the parentheses where I mentioned them.

The hovercraft armor was thick but once the lasers got thru, they were cutting thru things pretty much with abandon, IIRC.

Repulsors are kinetic impact weapons (I believe), tho (and to an extent, the Chitauri weapons, too). Not heat based penetration weapons like the Sentinel lasers. Different damage types, IMO. Thor's skin was tough but I don't see it as being so tough that lasers that cut through thick steele would just flow off him like water.

The hammer charge is an effective tactic, but at his scale, tactics don't matter anymore. This is 250k we're talking about. Thor'll rip thru dozens of em when he does his flying charge but he'll also get swarmed when he does so (the Sentinels are fast and precise). Once the Sentinels realize how tough his skin is (should take all of 5 seconds), they'll switch tactics and go laser on every weakness (eyes, mouth, extremities) they believe theh can hit. Same with Hulk.

I mean, come on guys, Vulcan aircraft fire hurt the Hulk enough to annoy him (like snowballs would) but future tech laser weapons that cut thru future tech large ship armor anf hull will be completely shrugged off like water pistols?

I kinda find that hard to swallow... Ironman's weapons are tough enough to break through steel and blow up things easily but it did just bounce off Thor's body like nothing. So Thor has already shown he is tougher than Thick metal is.

And yeah after they got through the hull the did cut through pretty easily because most of the materials inside were a) not metal or b) very thin metal.

It's just the start of the tactic and Thor would take out Thousands cause it wasn't exactly a massive hole, and once he gets to the surface he can bring the lightning down.

Silent Master
Plus Thor can fly a lot faster than the ships can move, I have a hard time seeing them swarm a flying Thor, unless he wants them to, so that he can use an AOE attack.

Nibedicus
Ironman's weapons are tough enough to break through steel and blow up things easily but it did just bounce off Thor's body like nothing. So Thor has already shown he is tougher than Thick metal is.

And yeah after they got through the hull the did cut through pretty easily because most of the materials inside were a) not metal or b) very thin metal.

It's just the start of the tactic and Thor would take out Thousands cause it wasn't exactly a massive hole, and once he gets to the surface he can bring the lightning down.

Repulsors blew up chitauri at best. But once his repulsors (or even lasers) couldn't cut thru the armlr of the larger behemoth ships (w/c if I think about it. Is just about as big/slightly bigger than the hoverships they used in the Matrix- I think).

What makes you think Thor would be able to charge thru thousands of feet of highly dense/packed Sentinels made up of armored future metal capable of rending steele easily? Where in the movie did he demonstrate this kinda power?

And what makes you think they just wouldn't move out of tne way? The speed he flew in the movies was fast, but not undodgeable.

And the OP was specific of battlefield. Moving to the surface (w/c I assume would be miles away?) would count as self BFR wouldn't it?

Silent Master
Iron-man's laser cut through the metal on the Helicarrier just fine.

Also, Thor tackled the Hulk through a bulkhead on the carrier...Thor's durability >>>>>> metal

ares834
Sentinels win.

The Avengers were hard pressed against the Chitauri. Against the more numerous and dangerous Sentinels they lose.

Silent Master
What makes the Sentinels more dangerous?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Silent Master
What makes the Sentinels more dangerous?

What makes you think they're not? Those sentinels were ripping through steel like sheet metal. No chitauri ever showed that kind of strength.

Sentinels also needed multiple gun shots to get put down. Chitauri were getting put down by Hawkeye smacking them with his bow.

Sentinels can also fly on their own. Meaning that makes them more versatile and a lot more agile and harder to hit than normal chitauri.

Newjak
What makes you think they're not? Those sentinels were ripping through steel like sheet metal. No chitauri ever showed that kind of strength.

Sentinels also needed multiple gun shots to get put down. Chitauri were getting put down by Hawkeye smacking them with his bow.

Sentinels can also fly on their own. Meaning that makes them more versatile and a lot more agile and harder to hit than normal chitauri. The Chitauri had way more firepower and the Leviathons as well.

FrothByte
The Chitauri had way more firepower and the Leviathons as well.

Yes I admit, they had more firepower. But they weren't quite as durable, strong, or fast as the sentinels.

The leviathans were near useless anyway in terms of a fight anyway. They had no firepower to speak of and were too slow. They had incredible defense though and were great at destroying buildings. But in terms of offense, they didn't have much to offer.

Silent Master
Looking back at the scene, it looks like Thor used a charged hammer strike against Cap's sheild without summoning lightning.

Which means the Machines are in ever bigger trouble.

Mindset
Hulk grabs Cap's shield and throws it destroying all the machines in one move.

Newjak
Yes I admit, they had more firepower. But they weren't quite as durable, strong, or fast as the sentinels.

The leviathans were near useless anyway in terms of a fight anyway. They had no firepower to speak of and were too slow. They had incredible defense though and were great at destroying buildings. But in terms of offense, they didn't have much to offer. My point is look what it took to even slow down the Hulk despite the Aliens having more firepower than the Sentinels.

Thor is almost as durable as the Hulk.

Also the Leviathons are way more durable than the Sentinels and look how easily Hulk and Thor were taking them out.

omgchos

The leviathans were near useless anyway in terms of a fight anyway. They had no firepower to speak of and were too slow. They had incredible defense though and were great at destroying buildings. But in terms of offense, they didn't have much to offer.
Thats because they seemed to be armored personnel carriers. Or something along those lines.

Nibedicus
Iron-man's laser cut through the metal on the Helicarrier just fine.

Also, Thor tackled the Hulk through a bulkhead on the carrier...Thor's durability >>>>>> metal

Can't remember how thick that piece of debris was. Can someone pls link me to a vid/pic of it so I can check? Been looking for it but can't find it.

Being tossed thru a bulkhead doesn't translate to being immune to swarms of steel cutting lasers and steel rending tentacles, tho.

I see a lot of valid arguments here, tbh. But I still see it unlikely for Thor and Hulk to be completely immune to the cutting lasers. Especially in these numbers.

Robtard
Numbers don't matter if you're immune in the first place.

It's not like 100,000+ spitballs are going to harm you, though you might contract Hep C if it's Nemebro doing the spitting, but that's unrelated.

Silent Master
Can't remember how thick that piece of debris was. Can someone pls link me to a vid/pic of it so I can check? Been looking for it but can't find it.

Being tossed thru a bulkhead doesn't translate to being immune to swarms of steel cutting lasers and steel rending tentacles, tho.

I see a lot of valid arguments here, tbh. But I still see it unlikely for Thor and Hulk to be completely immune to the cutting lasers. Especially in these numbers.

Thor has been hit with energy from Iron-man, Odin's spear and the Bi-Forst explosion and was never injured...There is literally no reason to assume that the machine's lasers will hurt him.

omgchos
Derp
Iron man's repulsory blast is kinetic force, so its irrelevant, an explosion is also kinetic force. And we have establised before derp, that odins blast is unquantifiable, except for odin disintegrating laufey. Who was not wearing asguaridan armor. For all we know thor's face is not immune to lasers. Im not saying its true, for sure. You just shouldn't talk in absolutes.

Placidity
Numbers don't matter if you're immune in the first place.

I don't think the side for the Machines has agreed they are immune at all. I see all of them as susceptible, and only Hulk surviving due to healing factor.

It's not like 100,000+ spitballs are going to harm you, though you might contract Hep C if it's Nemebro doing the spitting, but that's unrelated.

Lol. But 100,000^100,000 spit balls would drown you.

I see it more like fire ants vs a large bird.

Silent Master
Iron man's repulsory blast is kinetic force, so its irrelevant, an explosion is also kinetic force. And we have establised before derp, that odins blast is unquantifiable, except for odin disintegrating laufey. Who was not wearing asguaridan armor. For all we know thor's face is not immune to lasers. Im not saying its true, for sure. You just shouldn't talk in absolutes.

Do you have any evidence to indicate that the lasers would hurt Thor?

Robtard
I don't think the side for the Machines has agreed they are immune at all. I see all of them as susceptible, and only Hulk surviving due to healing factor.

Lol. But 100,000^100,000 spit balls would drown you.

I see it more like fire ants vs a large bird.

Well no, wasn't implying that Thor and Hulk are immune. Just that more of something doesn't necessarily mean it's going to now harm where it couldn't before as some default.

Though Thor and Hulk being immune to what amounted to as being a plasma cutter makes more sense. It's not like the Sentinals were slicing through the ship hulls like butter, it was taking time.

omgchos
Derp
Again you have succeeded missing the point entirely derp. You just flat out said "literally" nothing can hurt thor.... you dont know how a vs forum works.
And btw,YOU have to prove he is immune. I dont have to prove hes not. If i told you i could jump 10 feet in the air, and you said i couldn't, the burden of proof would be on me. And ill bet you anything all you're gonna do now is give a brief response, that neither proves anything or is even relevant. Maybe another stupid question.

Silent Master
Again you have succeeded missing the point entirely derp. You just flat out said "literally" nothing can hurt thor.... you dont know how a vs forum works.
And btw,YOU have to prove he is immune. I dont have to prove hes not. If i told you i could jump 10 feet in the air, and you said i couldn't, the burden of proof would be on me. And ill bet you anything all you're gonna do now is give a brief response, that neither proves anything or is even relevant. Maybe another stupid question.

Where did I say that "nothing" can hurt Thor?

omgchos
Derp
Thats all you ever say derp "odin's staff is pure magical force and thor tanked it" is your default response. And you just sat there and said there is literally no reason to assume the machines can hurt thor. Basically saying thor is invincible is like your motto in these forums. And what did i say about short answers?

Silent Master
Again, where did I actually say that nothing can hurt Thor?

omgchos
Derp
Oh derp. derp. derp. I guess you never exelled at reading comprehension.

Silent Master
3rd request, Where did I actually say that nothing could hurt Thor?

omgchos
Anyway back on topic, as Derp keeps asking the same question.

Robtard
Do I have to separate you two again?

omgchos
It has becone a trend hasnt it.

Robtard
It has becone a trend hasnt it.

You two should go ass-to-ass, and then you could poop directly into his butt and then he could shit out your shit and put it back into your butt.

omgchos
You two should go ass-to-ass, and then you could poop directly into his butt and then he could shit out your shit and put it back into your butt.
Well that escalated quickly.

Robtard
So you're saying you're not entirely opposed to the idea. Good, good.

omgchos
I didn't realize i gave any indication one way or other.

Silent Master
Do I have to separate you two again?

It wouldn't be a problem if he would just stop lying about my stances, as I never once said that "nothing can hurt Thor", he's just butt-hurt becasuse the Machines lasers have zero feats for damaging something with Thor's durability.

Mindset
You two should go ass-to-ass, and then you could poop directly into his butt and then he could shit out your shit and put it back into your butt. laughing out loud

omgchos
Derp
Yay more than one sentence. You learning derp. And i have not once expressed an opinion in this thread about who i think would win. So lol at that last statement.

Nibedicus
Aww come on guys, let's keep this civil? sad

omgchos
Im as civil as they come.

Mindset
omgchos is willing to go butt to butt and share poo.

It doesn't get more civil than that.

Nibedicus
omgchos is willing to go butt to butt and share poo.

It doesn't get more civil than that.

Hmmm.

Good point...

Proceed....

omgchos
Now im just being misrepresented. laughing out loud

Dolos
Anyone seen the Second Renaissance Part II? After they seceded from humanity to escape servitude and destruction they created better, smarter AI.

Their nation, Zero One, quickly amassed a GDP that put every single human nation to shame on the Global Economy. We're talking a civilization superior to humanity in every physical, mental and creative dimension.

Remember that humanity nuked Zero One with enough bombs to generate the luminosity of a thousand suns. They destroyed the sky and, successfully cutting them off from their main energy source, they still lost.

The smartest member of the Avengers is Iron Man, even with humanity backing him, he won't be able to conquer Zero One. The Avengers stand virtually no chance.

Dolos
It wouldn't be a problem if he would just stop lying about my stances, as I never once said that "nothing can hurt Thor", he's just butt-hurt becasuse the Machines lasers have zero feats for damaging something with Thor's durability.

Thor better be fast enough to escape the thousand-mile blast radius of a shower of thermonuclear warheads because he doesn't have that kind of durability in film continuity.

Silent Master
Which movie was that in?

Dolos
Which movie was that in?

The Animatrix.

By the same directors as the Matrix Trilogy, Andy and Lana Wachowski.

Silent Master
I don't think feats from animated movies count for the live action series.

You can always ask the OP.

Dolos
I don't think feats from animated movies count for the live action series.

You can always ask the OP.

The Animatrix is expanded by the Directors themselves, you cannot get more cannon than that.

Even if we are using the machine civilization at the time of Revolutions we still must assume that they have access to all previous weaponry utilized during the Second Renaissance, just less of it. And their AI is probably still getting better by that point, less power won't halt miniaturization of data processing and increases in technological and intellectual capacities.

Silent Master
Like I said, you'd have to ask the OP.

Dolos
Like I said, you'd have to ask the OP.

I don't think we need his permission to use the weaponry shown in The Second Renaissance Part II as reference for what the machines were capable of in Revolutions if faced with a greater threat than Zion.

Now if we wanted to put The Avengers up against Zero One prior to the events of the Second Renaissance Part II we'd need his permission as that deviates from the Opening Post's Scenario.

Silent Master
Unless the OP says otherwise I don't think feats from the animated movies count.

Dolos
Unless the OP says otherwise I don't think feats from the animated movies count.

Fair enough, wouldn't hurt to ask.

MOVIE Thor and Hulk may or may not be physically capable of protecting Zion from literally hundreds of millions of sentinels continually swarming them and wearing them out. Zero One wouldn't risk all of it's sentinels, they would withdraw them and bathe Zion in thermonuclear radiation.

At the end of the Second Renaissance Part II see one sentinel level an entire megacity upon exploding. Those things could enter the drilled hole that leads to Zion and KILL movie Hulk and Thor.

"Your flesh is a relic, a mere vessel. Hand over your flesh and a new world awaits you, we demand it."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.