how big of a threat to the avengers is thanos without IG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
WITHOUT his IG

is he still a threat to the avengers

can he beat them?

Endless Mike
Yes

KuRuPT Thanosi
He can one or two shot most of them

SWblayde938
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
He can one or two shot most of them

cause people have been arguing that thanos power is highly exaggerated by comic fans... and that hulk could take on thanos himself... and stuff.... but there are people that say thanos could solo the avengers even without the IG

MF DELPH
Independently powered, all powers in play, Thanos is in the tier below Odin/Tyrant/Zeus, but above Thor/Surfer/Hercules/Hulk. It's well established. He'd beat the Avengers sans artifact.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by SWblayde938
WITHOUT his IG

can he beat them?

Trans-level multi team wrecker threat

BullwinkleMoose
Depends which Avengers lineups.

The Great Lakes Avengers Stomp Thanos and he is not even a small threat to them

Endless Mike
Originally posted by BullwinkleMoose
Depends which Avengers lineups.

The Great Lakes Avengers Stomp Thanos and he is not even a small threat to them

This is very true

rotiart
In squirrel girl we trust.

Igniz
Thanos is still a threat to the Avengers even without IG.

WhiteWitchKing
WITHOUT his IG

can he beat them?

You mean this team right?

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie-gallery/albums/userpics//poster_avengers-awesome.jpg

Yes. He would kill most of that team early on. The only ones giving him much of a fight is Thor and Hulk.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Rei-Kai/thanos_strength.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/102264/1965947-thanos_vs_hulkdrax.jpg
http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/f/03/4f1996007e564/detail.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/30322/598885-thanos_surfer_through_super.jpg

Kid Kurdy
WITHOUT his IG

can he beat them?
Depends which Avengers.

But Thor and Hulk can and will give Thanos trouble. Together, they kick his ass. Throw in Iron Man and Thanos flees the scene.

JakeTheBank
He's a threat until Luke Cage and/or Hawkeye show up.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He's a threat until Luke Cage and/or Hawkeye show up.
thumb up

Or squirrel girl.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by abhilegend
thumb up

Or squirrel girl.

That would just be overkill

abhilegend
Originally posted by Endless Mike
That would just be overkill
Yeah that would be overkill.

Horrificus
So, you are all saying that you can't come up with a team of 5 or 6 Avengers that could defeat Thanos?

Really?

LSOMPPFO!

(Laughing So Hard My Pocket Protector Fell Out)
nerd

JakeTheBank
I named two that would kick his ass.

red sabre
i rally came to hate luke cage recently

Horrificus
Originally posted by red sabre
i rally came to hate luke cage recently I am not really sure who he appeals to.

He seems to be a dik that gets beat up right before the REAL tough guys show up.

He should go back to fighting his archenemy, The Spanker.

Horrificus
I named two that would kick his ass. Yeah, but you and I usually have a lot of similar picks.

So, I was talking to the "confused" forum members. big grin

Bouboumaster
Thanos rollz on them

Parmaniac
cause people have been arguing that thanos power is highly exaggerated by comic fans... and that hulk could take on thanos himself... Tell Carter9 he's wrong

The Sorrow
Thanos should be able to beat this team but I have a feeling it will be decided by plot device. Brevoort said it will span over more than one issue.

Also this was funny from his formspring:

TomBrevoort responded to BigDaddyJdawg 11 May
Please don't sell my boy Thanos short in the next movie or comic. Thanos is very powerful and really should one shot all of the Avengers. What makes thanos great is Marvel has keep true to this and not sold him short in the past. I hope this continues.

"I don't think I agree at all that Thanos should "one-shot" all of the Avengers--he never has in the past (maybe that one time he had the Infinity Gauntlet and absolute power). He's powerful, sure, but that's a bit ridiculous."

Greysen93
Thanos can take the avengers movie team without the ig and power gems or whatever. I think Thor and Hulk could give him trouble but not enough to where they can beat him. The next avengers movie, they're going to have to get some better people if they want to beat him.

Estacado
Someone should tell him to read up on Thanos...current could one shot them for sure...

Greysen93
Originally posted by Estacado
Someone should tell him to read up on Thanos...current could one shot them for sure... Well sure current Thanos could, but this isn't going to be current Thanos

golem370
Thanos saw withstood attacks from Odin Asgardian skyfather and Depowered Tyrant who has took on Galdiator, Silver Surfer & Beta Ray Thor and won. He is above heralds and a notch below Odin and Zeus imo

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos saw withstood attacks from Odin Asgardian skyfather and Depowered Tyrant who has took on Galdiator, Silver Surfer & Beta Ray Thor and won. He is above heralds and a notch below Odin and Zeus imo
Not really.

Thanos is a notch above heralds and quite below Odin.

PillarofOsiris
cause people have been arguing that thanos power is highly exaggerated by comic fans... and that hulk could take on thanos himself... and stuff.... but there are people that say thanos could solo the avengers even without the IG

Depends on the line up. He's not taking all the Avengers who ever existed. If you had a team with Thor, Hercules, Hulk, Sersi, etc, they could take Thanos.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Not really.

Thanos is a notch above heralds and quite below Odin.

He's a LOT more than a notch below Odin. I've said it before, taking a few blasts when fighting Odin (and Thanos also had help), and then barely being able to stand up, does not make him JUST below Odin. Hell, Thor's taken blasts from Galactus. He fought Zeus for months. I guess he's right below them as well?

That Odin/Thanos fight barely lasted 15 minutes in comic time, I'll bet. If it had gone on a half an hour, or an hour, Thanos would be reduced to a greasy purple spot on the floor and Odin would be no worse for wear.

Also, if you're basing your evidence on that one fight, I guess you think Spiderman is more powerful than the Hulk since by my count he BEAT the Hulk three times. Show me some feats that make you think Thanos is right below a guy who's destroyed galaxies.

carver9
Someone should tell him to read up on Thanos...current could one shot them for sure...

No he can't.

Greysen93
Originally posted by carver9
No he can't. Well not hulk

SWblayde938
so who wins

Greysen93
so who wins Thanos, just not really easily. It'll take him a little bit to beat Hulk and Thor.

h1a8
Thanos is not beating both Thor and Hulk at the same time. He could hang with them for a while but ultimately he would lose.

Horrificus
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos saw withstood attacks from Odin

I think you meant "withKNEES".
Or, maybe "with-girlie-screamed".
Or, perhaps, "withFELL".
Could be "withWEPT".
"withSQUIRMED".
"withSMOLDERED".
"withIMPOTENT".
"withSODOMIZED".

Well, you get the idea. big grin

carver9
Originally posted by Greysen93
Thanos, just not really easily. It'll take him a little bit to beat Hulk and Thor.

With the way that Hulk is being portrayed in the Avengers title...he might solo.

Stoic
It's my guess that we will all find out pretty soon if Thanos can take on the Avengers in the upcoming Avengers Assemble books. Imagine if he gets floored?

DTM
Depends on the Avengers team going against Thanos, an actual established lineup or something made up of puposely picked Avengers. Thanos will be able to defeat most lineups of the Avengers, but Im sure there are a few that have the power and skill to defeat him sand IG.

Astner
He'd definitely register as a threat on the radar, but whether he'd be able to defeat them or not depends on who's writing it.

dmills
Honestly considering what Thanos has accomplished, fighting the phucking Avengers is a serious downgrade in the grand scheme. I for one won't even look at the phucking scans when the issue drops.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by dmills
Honestly considering what Thanos has accomplished, fighting the phucking Avengers is a serious downgrade in. the grand scheme. I for one won't even look at phucking scans when the issue drops.

Liar.

You know out of morbid curiosity you'll look at the scans posted in Character Ownage to see just what Bendis has in store for Thanos.

dmills
Liar.

You know out of morbid curiosity you'll look at the scans posted in Character Ownage to see just what Bendis has in store for Thanos.

Lol. I shall not. There's literally nothing that the Avengers have (or anyone else on Earth for that matter) that Thanos as we've come to know him over the last few years could possibly want or need. He's accomplished it all. He's the one thing that we never get to see in comics, the bad guy that won. Him scheming to get random artifacts of power etc now would be a serious regression.

JakeTheBank
Lol. I shall not. There's literally nothing that the Avengers have (or anyone else on Earth for that matter) that Thanos as we've come to know him over the last few years could possibly want or need. He's accomplished it all. He's the one thing that we never get to see in comics, the bad guy that won. Him scheming to get random artifacts of power etc now would be a serious regression.

The Avengers are big business, brah.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes and all that. biscuits

Existere
Maybe Bendis is just trolling err'body (again).

You know, Marvel took down that page that said Thanos was going to be the big bad of Avengers Assembled. Maybe this is another stupid joke where it's actually like Kang or something, but Bendis threw this in at the end of the issue after he heard the rumors just to be like 'Screw you guys!".

Wishful thinking is wishful.

Astner
Honestly considering what Thanos has accomplished, fighting the phucking Avengers is a serious downgrade in the grand scheme. I for one won't even look at the phucking scans when the issue drops.
Thanos duking it out with the likes of Iron man and Thor seems more reliable in my mind than having Spider-man messing up Thunderstrike.

http://i.imgur.com/0Yrb6s.jpg

dmills
IOriginally posted by JakeTheBank
The Avengers are big business, brah.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes and all that. biscuits

True dat. Those last few years of reading Nova and the guardians saving the entire universe has warped my thinking big grin

But seriously man, what do you think about it?

Originally posted by Astner
Thanos duking it out with the likes of Iron man and Thor seems more reliable in my mind than having Spider-man messing up Thunderstrike.

http://i.imgur.com/0Yrb6s.jpg

Huh?

JakeTheBank
I

True dat. Those last few years of reading Nova and the guardians saving the entire universe has warped my thinking big grin

But seriously man, what do you think about it?

Honestly, all jokes aside, I think it's definitely character regression for one thing; I don't think Thanos should give two shits about Earth or obtaining petty artifacts for "ultimate" power.

And it's Bendis for another thing, who's probably going to ignore or half ass acknowledge Thanos Imperative and possibly Annihilation before that just so he can reel in the movie fans and use Thanos for his villain-of-the-arc. And that's without factoring in his tendency to not give a crap about power levels in general when it comes to the stories he wants to tell.

And I'm not even really a Thanos fan at all. But I do respect the character and his general portrayal.

Astner
Huh?
At least Iron man and Thor are unrealistically powerful like Thanos. Whereas Spider-man's limits are a bit more defined.

dmills
Honestly, all jokes aside, I think it's definitely character regression for one thing; I don't think Thanos should give two shits about Earth or obtaining petty artifacts for "ultimate" power.

And it's Bendis for another thing, who's probably going to ignore or half ass acknowledge Thanos Imperative and possibly Annihilation before that just so he can reel in the movie fans and use Thanos for his villain-of-the-arc. And that's without factoring in his tendency to not give a crap about power levels in general when it comes to the stories he wants to tell.

And I'm not even really a Thanos fan at all. But I do respect the character and his general portrayal.

Lol, I was gonna say the same, I'm no fanboy of his. However something we almost never get to see in traditional superhero comics is a vgcharacter have his or her story develope and play out consistently until it's end. Thanos had that. Perhaps the blame lay not with Bendis, but rather with Abnett and Lanning? They're the ones that brought him back in TI and had him throwing a hissy over death. Maybe he's come full circle?

At least Iron man and Thor are unrealistically powerful like Thanos. Whereas Spider-man's limits are a bit more defined.

My apologies man, for some reason I didn't see the scan that accompanied your post and was thrown off by it. I see what you were saying now, though differences in power levels etc wasn't necessarily where I was going lol.

Greysen93
With the way that Hulk is being portrayed in the Avengers title...he might solo. Well, that's true he did mess stuff up in that. It's possible. I guess it depends on how bad ass they want to make him.

Greysen93
At least Iron man and Thor are unrealistically powerful like Thanos. Whereas Spider-man's limits are a bit more defined. But Iron Man isn't unrealistically powerful like Thanos

Kid Kurdy
You must be joking.

Villains like Thanos is exactly the Avengers were created for.

Thanos is one tough cookie, but he won't run over Thor & Red Hulk just like that. Not under his own power.

And give Iron Man some prep and, together with Thor, he'll take out Thanos.

Greysen93
You must be joking.

Thanos is one tough cookie, but he won't run over Thor & Red Hulk just like that. Not under his own power.

And give Iron Man some prep and, together with Thor, he'll take out Thanos. Yeah, sure.

Estacado
Recently Iron Man couldnt even beat magneto with prep...saying he can take Thanos is plain stupid.
Red Hulk is a joke now days...

Greysen93
Recently Iron Man couldnt even beat magneto with prep...saying he can take Thanos is plain stupid.
Red Hulk is a joke now days... Agree

Kid Kurdy
Red Hulk is a joke now days...
Magneto is one of the most powerful and versatile mutants ever. A well written Magneto vs Thanos... I'm not sure who would win, I'm leaning towards Magneto.

Magneto has truley insane feats. Iron Man only "defeated" him because he really prepped himself.

dmills
You must be joking.

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/mdmills/nzUfd.gif

Kid Kurdy
So you have no counter arguments...

JayDaDon
You must be joking.

Come on man they'd get the purple pimphand. And why even bring up ironman? If thanos turns his attention to him for 3 seconds he's scrap metal.

Stoic
^ I'm curious to learn if this is the real Thanos and not some bootleg Skrull, or runaway Thanosi.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Come on man they'd get the purple pimphand. And why even bring up ironman? If thanos turns his attention to him for 3 seconds he's scrap metal.
Iron Man vs Thanos ? Thanos every single time.

But Iron Man & Thor vs Thanos: the duo has a good chance, especially when Tony preps himself.

Stoic
Iron Man vs Thanos ? Thanos every single time.

But Iron Man & Thor vs Thanos: the duo has a good chance, especially when Tony preps himself.

The thing here is that a lot of Thanos' prowess comes from reading the opinions of others, and how/what they think of him. Sometimes characters are low-balled to the point that people get the impression that they are weaker than they actually are, while others get so much in terms of props that they seem invincible.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Stoic
The thing here is that a lot of Thanos' prowess comes from reading the opinions of others, and how/what they think of him. Sometimes characters are low-balled to the point that people get the impression that they are weaker than they actually are, while others get so much in terms of props that they seem invincible.
True.

To me Thanos is a True Powerhouse who is extremely hard to take down.

But not impossible. Definitely not impossible.

Although Thanos > Thor, the difference in power isn't that big. Thor can and will give Thanos a very decent fight every single time.

Kid Kurdy
Like I said, the Avengers were created to take down guys like Thanos. Of course, when facing Thanos you don't need Wasp or Hawkeye or Spider-Man, you need the big guns.

But the Avengers have plenty of big guns. They have brains too.

Stoic
True.

To me Thanos is a True Powerhouse who is extremely hard to take down.

But not impossible. Definitely not impossible.

Although Thanos > Thor, the difference in power isn't that big. Thor can and will give Thanos a very decent fight every single time.

I'm with you on this, but many people will compare Thor's performance, or how well the Surfer did against Thanos to how well Thor would do against Thanos. This is a mistake, because Thor does not have the same powers as the Surfer, and they don't fight alike.

dmills

Yeah, I generally do. However I'm not about to argue over what should be general knowledge man. Besides you missed the whole point of my post. I wasn't talking so much about the difference in power levels (though the gap is vast) as much as I was talking about character progression and portrayal. Thanos as we know him over the last few years is beyond this stuff. It's like Dr Doom robbing banks.

Kid Kurdy
ABC logic is the worst kind of logic on these forums. I admit, sometimes you don't have a choice, but still...

Kid Kurdy
Yeah, I generally do. However I'm not about to argue over what should be general knowledge man. Besides you missed the whole point of my post. I wasn't talking so much about the difference in power levels (though the gap is vast) as much as I was talking about character progression and portrayal. Thanos as we know him over the last few years is beyond this stuff. It's like Dr Doom robbing banks.
That's your opinion. I don't see many important changes. Thanos is, well, still Thanos and his powers are still very vague.

Stoic

Well one thing is semi-certain, we will see how well Thanos does against an Avengers team comprised of the Hulk and Thor. Like I said though, this may be some skrull impostor. I'm not even sure if Avengers Assemble is canon because how did Thanos escape from the Cancerverse?

abhilegend
Thanos was a bank robber though, using a CC to rob banks is a LITTLE excessive IMO.thanduros

Kid Kurdy
Well one thing is semi-certain, we will see how well Thanos does against an Avengers team comprised of the Hulk and Thor. Like I said though, this may be some skrull impostor. I'm not even sure if Avengers Assemble is canon because how did Thanos escape from the Cancerverse?
I think it's the real one.

Stoic
I think it's the real one.

Is there a reason or story behind him being alive or how he escaped from the Cancerverse? What's the story with Rich Rider? Someone has a lot of explaining to do.

Kid Kurdy
Is there a reason or story behind him being alive or how he escaped from the Cancerverse? What's the story with Rich Rider? Someone has a lot of explaining to do.
Well you know Marvel, everything will be explained... some day... if some writer feels like it.

dmills
iOriginally posted by Stoic

Who knows man. It's getting harder for me to care.

Well you know Marvel, everything will be explained... some day... if some writer feels like it.

Sadly, this.

srankmissingnin
Thanos was a bank robber though, using a CC to rob banks is a LITTLE excessive IMO.thanduros

He also caught and ate that butterfly. What a devious bastard he was!

abhilegend
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He also caught and ate that butterfly. What a devious bastard he was!
Yeah, thanos is an awful, awful man.

srankmissingnin
Yeah, thanos is an awful, awful man.

It's a good job the police took his helicopter or now one would be able to stop him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It's a good job the police took his helicopter or now one would be able to stop him.
That's why we've squirrel girl.

vince_slice
http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/content/marvel-uses-thanos-imperative-font-new-avengers-assemble-banner

Cover of next issue:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2lmmcnk.jpg

Thanos gives Hulk a "mind whammy" and makes him attack his teammates?

KuRuPT Thanosi
You must be joking.

Won't run over Thor or Red Hulk... Umm actually that is just what he should do... he won't under Bendis... but he should.

KuRuPT Thanosi

How can you counter stupidity.. You just said you would favor Magneto over Thanos.... Nuff Said.

Dream Stuff

I appreciate your respectful attitude, but your grasp of the characters is somewhat lacking.

A) The difference between Thanos and Thor is enormous. This isn't ABC logic; they've fought several times. Thanos generally tosses him around like a ragdoll while beating on other Avengers. Thor has always needed magical items to greatly augment his power to put up a "decent fight." Normal Thor simply isn't in Thanos' league.

B) Tony Stark isn't that good with prep. He should be. He's smart and resourceful,but he's no Reed Richards. The problem is that, in-character, his version of prep usually just means building a new Iron Man suit and aligning some satellites, which usually doesn't work. The difference in power between him and Thanos is way too big for him to win that way, even with a team.

C) Saying that Thanos can beat a character because of what he's done to other characters is not ABC logic. I'll spare you the lengthy epistemology lesson and just say that the characters involved have had enough showings that some generalizations are empiracally justified. That herald-level characters are no threat to Thanos is justified. That Thor is a herald -level character is also justified. The conclusion, that Thor is no threat to Thanos, is sound. That's not ABC logic, it's good old-fashioned logic. Granted, this is irrelevant because they have actually fought, but for future reference...

Inarguably, there are hypothetical lineups of Avengers that would beat Thanos, particularly those involving classic Strange. Sersi would also be a valuable asset, as would Sentry/Void, maybe Quasar, and Reed Richards.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
I appreciate your respectful attitude, but your grasp of the characters is somewhat lacking.

A) The difference between Thanos and Thor is enormous. This isn't ABC logic; they've fought several times. Thanos generally tosses him around like a ragdoll while beating on other Avengers. Thor has always needed magical items to greatly augment his power to put up a "decent fight." Normal Thor simply isn't in Thanos' league.

Is that a fact ? Let's analyze their most known fights.

1. Masterson Thor vs IG Thanos.

Masterson actually put up a great fight, he knocked Thanos down TWICE, one time without Mjolnir, the second time with Mjolnir. He only was defeated because Thanos used the IG.

2. Warrior Madness Thor vs Thanos.

Thanos did NOT beat Thor, he used a plot device, some fancy weapon that shows up out of the blue.

3. Amped Thor vs amped Thanos

Thor won, plain and simple.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Those examples are so piss poor I don't even know where to begin...

MT... did NOTHING to Thanos that Thanos DIDN'T ALLOW. U know this yet intentionally left this part out...

Thanos DID win that fight plain and simple. Even before he did so... the fight was dead even.... with Thanos scoring more knockdowns.

IT WAS A CLONE... That is all that needs to be said.

You also forgot to mention Thanos two shot Thor and Thing at the same time... You also forgot to mention him with mere gestures.. stomp Thor's hammer with ease....You also fail to mention Thanos ragdolling Thor with help and flinging him over his head like a weak feeb... Thor is NOT in Thanos league... In fact he's a few leagues below.

Kid Kurdy
MT... did NOTHING to Thanos that Thanos DIDN'T ALLOW. U know this yet intentionally left this part out...
Nonsense. You have nothing to back that up. Thanos didn't allow squat.

Eh no. No. Again: no.

Thanos used a gun because he was losing the fight.

You know what a clone is, right ? Exact duplicate... Where was it stated that this clone was weaker than the real Thanos ?

Besides, it was written with the intent to be the real Thanos.

Nihilist
KK learn to read something about Thanos in Infinte Abyss he states all his clones he has created are inferior in one way or another.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Nihilist
KK learn to read something about Thanos in Infinte Abyss he states all his clones he has created are inferior in one way or another.
That's a bit vague, isn't it ?

Kaine is an inferior Spider-Man clone, but at the same time he was a lot stronger than Spider-Man.

By the way, Omega... not exactly a pushover.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Nonsense. You have nothing to back that up. Thanos didn't allow squat.

Eh no. No. Again: no.

Thanos used a gun because he was losing the fight.

You know what a clone is, right ? Exact duplicate... Where was it stated that this clone was weaker than the real Thanos ?

Besides, it was written with the intent to be the real Thanos.

I have nothing to back that up you say... Okay... Thanos took on abtracts and beat them with utter ease... Yet, you believe he struggled with Masterson Thor... Ummmm do you see something painfully obvious... THANOS ALLOWED them appear like they had a chance to impress death. If not, even a simpleton like you would know.. he would beaten all the heroes assembled with a mere thought.. a gesture.. True or no? Don't ask for proof.. then get called on it and look dumb.

How many knockdowns did Thanos score and how many did Thor? Are you saying no to Thanos knocking down Thor more? Thanos was losing.. WTF... at no point was he losing. Please post ANY proof that he was losing the fight and had to get the gun.

As stated...his clones were inferior plain and simple.

quanchi112
How can you counter stupidity.. You just said you would favor Magneto over Thanos.... Nuff Said. He actually did. laughing out loud Wow.

Nihilist
That's a bit vague, isn't it ?

Kaine is an inferior Spider-Man clone, but at the same time he was a lot stronger than Spider-Man.

By the way, Omega... not exactly a pushover. Not at all when he mentioned the clone Thor fought, plus he did mention Omega as being more powerfull.

Read some Thanos for a change before talikng the same old shit.

dmills
Thanos got the force gun because he was losing? Hahahahaha!

Kid Kurdy
I have nothing to back that up you say... Okay... Thanos took on abtracts and beat them with utter ease... Yet, you believe he struggled with Masterson Thor... Ummmm do you see something painfully obvious... THANOS ALLOWED them appear like they had a chance to impress death. If not, even a simpleton like you would know.. he would beaten all the heroes assembled with a mere thought.. a gesture.. True or no? Don't ask for proof.. then get called on it and look dumb.

I did not say he struggled, don't twist my words, I said MT knocked Thanos on his ass TWICE.

"But but but Thanos allowed this..." nonsense, he was trying to impress Death, not exactly a clever way to impress your date.

Again, Thanos didn't allow one thing. He only removed his sensory inputs so he could be surprised. He didn't know what was gonna happen, he even said after the first attack something like "Wow I didn't expect such an attack !"

He gave up a part of his power to impress Death, so he could be surprised. And surprised he was. But saying that he "allowed Masterson Thor to knock him down" is bull.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by quanchi112
He actually did. laughing out loud Wow.
I actually do believe that Magneto > Thanos. Magneto has really insane feats, there is almost no limit to his many, many powers. I admit, he also has low feats, but then again, with so many appearances, who doesn't ?

But if you are so sure, create a vs-thread.

Nihilist
Thanos got the force gun because he was losing? Hahahahaha! Yeah!! having your nose trickle with blood is losing on kmc now.

Nihilist
I just noticed KK left out the other Thanos/Thot encounters laughing out loud

Also trying to use Thor taking on Thanos and Thanos using a gun as Thanos losing, Thor was amped by the PG smh as if thats a normal Thor.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I did not say he struggled, don't twist my words, I said MT knocked Thanos on his ass TWICE.

"But but but Thanos allowed this..." nonsense, he was trying to impress Death, not exactly a clever way to impress your date.

Again, Thanos didn't allow one thing. He only removed his sensory inputs so he could be surprised. He didn't know what was gonna happen, he even said after the first attack something like "Wow I didn't expect such an attack !"

He gave up a part of his power to impress Death, so he could be surprised. And surprised he was. But saying that he "allowed Masterson Thor to knock him down" is bull.

This is VERY simple and yet you still can't grasp such a simple concept.. BTW... don't think I don't notice you not quoting the rest of my post... Wonder Why... LOL.

Anyways, so we saw Thanos beat abstracts with utter ease.. gestures even.... So we see the power he can produce and this is after beign attacked by beings FAR greater than MT... Like exponentially greater. Point is, AS SOON as the heroes arrived he could've THOUGHT them out of existence. Period. That in n of itself shows that Thanos ALLOWED ALL that occured afterwards. It wasn't just about turning that off... that alone proves the point further... if he didn't do that.. again that word again ALLOW himself to turn that off.. no hero would have a chance. However, even besides that point.. if that was going all out... he would've blinked them out of existence.. the simple fact that they were still there and he was even partacking in h2h combat.. means what.. HE ALLOWED THAT TO HAPPEN. How such a simple thing is so confusing is amazing.

dmills
I actually do believe that Magneto > Thanos. Magneto has really insane feats, there is almost no limit to his many, many powers. I admit, he also has low feats, but then again, with so many appearances, who doesn't ?

But if you are so sure, create a vs-thread.

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/mdmills/ezhl6bjpg-1.gif

abhilegend
This is VERY simple and yet you still can't grasp such a simple concept.. BTW... don't think I don't notice you not quoting the rest of my post... Wonder Why... LOL.

Anyways, so we saw Thanos beat abstracts with utter ease.. gestures even.... So we see the power he can produce and this is after beign attacked by beings FAR greater than MT... Like exponentially greater. Point is, AS SOON as the heroes arrived he could've THOUGHT them out of existence. Period. That in n of itself shows that Thanos ALLOWED ALL that occured afterwards. It wasn't just about turning that off... that alone proves the point further... if he didn't do that.. again that word again ALLOW himself to turn that off.. no hero would have a chance. However, even besides that point.. if that was going all out... he would've blinked them out of existence.. the simple fact that they were still there and he was even partacking in h2h combat.. means what.. HE ALLOWED THAT TO HAPPEN. How such a simple thing is so confusing is amazing.
Your speculation vs on panel statement. What a tough decision!
mmm

KuRuPT Thanosi
Please point out ANY speculation. You mean that Thanos could've beaten the heroes that arrived with utter ease and mere gestures... That is speculation if you believe the heroes were any where near Eternity, Master order and Chaos, Celestials etc etc... So you believe the heroes were on par with the above who thanos beat with mere gestures and thoughts and with utter ease? If so, you're as dumb as I thought you were.

abhilegend
^The speculation that thanos allowed the beatdown, when he specifically only repressed his senses. He could've beaten them before like ants, doesn't any way or shape prove that the beating he recieved was his intention. Who wants to impress his date by taking a beating from random thugs?

I play triangle
^The speculation that thanos allowed the beatdown, when he specifically only repressed his senses. He could've beaten them before like ants, doesn't any way or shape prove that the beating he recieved was his intention. Who wants to impress his date by taking a beating from random thugs?

A masochist which any lover of death would have to be.. No?

abhilegend
Originally posted by I play triangle
A masochist which any lover of death would have to be.. No?
No.

KuRuPT Thanosi

So you admit Thanos couldn't beaten them with utter ease a mere thought... but turn around a go.. but that doesn't mean he let that happen? WTF honestly? LOL. that is EXACTLY what it means. If Thanos wanted them dead right away without them even getting near them.. a mere thought would've killed them all. He didn't and even decided to fight with them for fun... that IS HIM ALLOWING THAT TO HAPPEN.

To say nothing of the CLEAR narration that states he was TRYING TO IMPRESS DEATH. You can impress her by trying to make it seem like a godo fight.. a close fight... like they almost had him but he won in the end... That is exactly what one could do. So yes, the narration also backs it up

I play triangle
No.

I bet you say that to all the hot bois, are you saving yourself for someone special?

abhilegend
So you admit Thanos couldn't beaten them with utter ease a mere thought... but turn around a go.. but that doesn't mean he let that happen? WTF honestly? LOL. that is EXACTLY what it means. If Thanos wanted them dead right away without them even getting near them.. a mere thought would've killed them all. He didn't and even decided to fight with them for fun... that IS HIM ALLOWING THAT TO HAPPEN.

To say nothing of the CLEAR narration that states he was TRYING TO IMPRESS DEATH. You can impress her by trying to make it seem like a godo fight.. a close fight... like they almost had him but he won in the end... That is exactly what one could do. So yes, the narration also backs it up
He could've killed them with a thought, true but that doesn't mean that he was any way or form less powerful than usual when he took the beating. He was trying to impress death by taking all the heroes and beating them without using his god like powers and so he repressed his senses. After all would a girl be more impressed if her boyfriend beats some thugs without the gun he's carrying easily or with him getting bloodied up fighting them?

abhilegend
Originally posted by I play triangle
I bet you say that to all the hot bois, are you saving yourself for someone special?
Go away troll.

Nihilist
Go away troll. Why are you bashing when you dont like others doing it?

abhilegend
Why are you bashing when you dont like others doing it?
I was replying to a troll who is bashing, what would've I done otherwise?

Nihilist
I was replying to a troll who is bashing, what would've I done otherwise? Ignore, after all you just said thats what we should do on PR's advice right!!

abhilegend
Ignore, after all you just said thats what we should do on PR's advice right!!
He said that we should ignore each other, not everyone else.

Nihilist
He said that we should ignore each other, not everyone else. So the mods dont say ignore clear trolls then.

quanchi112

But if you are so sure, create a vs-thread. It's absurd the guy just recently lost to Iron Man and is nowhere near the league Thanos is in. Feats don't determine superiority matchups do. This matchup isn't even close that shows you how off you are.

Kid Kurdy
It's absurd the guy just recently lost to Iron Man and is nowhere near the league Thanos is in. Feats don't determine superiority matchups do. This matchup isn't even close that shows you how off you are.
Fine.

How is Thanos beating Magneto ? Take your time and think about it, you'll notice it's more difficult than you'd think.

Kid Kurdy
It's absurd the guy just recently lost to Iron Man and is nowhere near the league Thanos is in.
Context, thank you.

Kid Kurdy
Please point out ANY speculation. You mean that Thanos could've beaten the heroes that arrived with utter ease and mere gestures... That is speculation if you believe the heroes were any where near Eternity, Master order and Chaos, Celestials etc etc... So you believe the heroes were on par with the above who thanos beat with mere gestures and thoughts and with utter ease? If so, you're as dumb as I thought you were.
This is painful.

quanchi112
Fine.

How is Thanos beating Magneto ? Take your time and think about it, you'll notice it's more difficult than you'd think. By blasting him. Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Context, thank you. Yes, Iron Man won. Magneto lost. Thanos has bigger fish to fry than Tony Stark. Thanos is the the guy the universe feats while Magneto is the guy the humans with no powers from earth feat. Big diff.

carver9
Hulk would eventually snatch Thanos head off for the win. Let's hope its a clone.

carver9
Well, Magneto recently took it to a Celestial. That's pretty much>>>>than anything Thanos has achieved.

quanchi112
Hulk would eventually snatch Thanos head off for the win. Let's hope its a clone. Despite their encounters to either be Thanos ordering around the Hulk and him dying when he went rogue, or Thanos overpowering him and a friend, or him slapping him in a degrading fashion.

Well, Magneto recently took it to a Celestial. That's pretty much>>>>than anything Thanos has achieved. Sue Storm also took it to a Celestial. By your own logic they are more powerful than Hulk. By my own logic Thanos has overpowered the fundamental laws of an entire universe. Celestials couldn't do so yet Thanos did. That's a direct on panel comparison.

Let's dance caver.

Carver, I'll eat you alive.

carver9
Despite their encounters to either be Thanos ordering around the Hulk and him dying when he went rogue, or Thanos overpowering him and a friend, or him slapping him in a degrading fashion.

Sue Storm also took it to a Celestial. By your own logic they are more powerful than Hulk. By my own logic Thanos has overpowered the fundamental laws of an entire universe. Celestials couldn't do so yet Thanos did. That's a direct on panel comparison.

Let's dance caver.

Carver, I'll eat you alive.

laughing out loud It's always good debating with you Quan. I have been avoiding you because you have basically been ignoring my posts. So I've decided to give you a break buddy. People need a relaxing moment from Carver sometimes.

quanchi112
laughing out loud It's always good debating with you Quan. I have been avoiding you because you have basically been ignoring my posts. So I've decided to give you a break buddy. People need a relaxing moment from Carver sometimes. See carver I hate it when you purposely lie. I have been all over kmc while you have not. You pretended you had a sig sporting Thanos yet it never showed. You claimed you were going to do a battlezone against rage. Yet you never showed. You claimed you were leaving kmc but you keep showing up.

In short you're immune to the truth.

carver9
See carver I hate it when you purposely lie. I have been all over kmc while you have not. You pretended you had a sig sporting Thanos yet it never showed. You claimed you were going to do a battlezone against rage. Yet you never showed. You claimed you were leaving kmc but you keep showing up.

In short you're immune to the truth.

laughing laughing out loud

I didn't lie about anything...what in the hell. I do have a Thanos sig...just didn't have the time to put it up...I have a Hulk and Thanos Sig as well.

I don't post on KMC as much as I use to...I'm slowly fading away frlm here.

Lol...immune to the truth, lost for words. The only thing I can tell you Quan is to enjoy this break I am giving you.

Kid Kurdy
By blasting him.
Yeah, blasting Magneto, that will work. His forcefield can take nukes with ease...

I hope you have something better than blasting him.

quanchi112
laughing laughing out loud

I didn't lie about anything...what in the hell. I do have a Thanos sig...just didn't have the time to put it up...I have a Hulk and Thanos Sig as well.

I don't post on KMC as much as I use to...I'm slowly fading away frlm here.

Lol...immune to the truth, lost for words. The only thing I can tell you Quan is to enjoy this break I am giving you. It takes like a minute or two. You spend more time putting up scans which completely destroy your case.

No, you aren't. You post more than ever. You just claimed I have been avoiding you. Now you say you;re barely on here. Which is it ?

You can't even make up your mind and putting up a sig takes weeks in your world.

Yeah, blasting Magneto, that will work. His forcefield can take nukes with ease...

I hope you have something better than blasting him. Thanos is a lot more powerful than nukes. The guy can override a universe's laws of reality yet he can't breach Neto's shields in your world. laughing out loud

carver9
It takes like a minute or two. You spend more time putting up scans which completely destroy your case.

No, you aren't. You post more than ever. You just claimed I have been avoiding you. Now you say you;re barely on here. Which is it ?

You can't even make up your mind and putting up a sig takes weeks in your world.

Thanos is a lot more powerful than nukes. The guy can override a universe's laws of reality yet he can't breach Neto's shields in your world. laughing out loud

laughing out loud Quan...what are you trying to prove here?

The goal here is to post scans backing up your claim right? That's what I do and I do a perfect job at it. Maybe you need to sit down and take some notes buddy.

WTF? No I don't. The only time I post is during these hours. Why are we even discussing this Quan. You ran from me during a bz...what are you trying to do, rekindle yourself? Too late buddy.

Lol...I'm not ready to put up my Sig yet. Let me handle this.

quanchi112
laughing out loud Quan...what are you trying to prove here?

The goal here is to post scans backing up your claim right? That's what I do and I do a perfect job at it. Maybe you need to sit down and take some notes buddy.

WTF? No I don't. The only time I post is during these hours. Why are we even discussing this Quan. You ran from me during a bz...what are you trying to do, rekindle yourself? Too late buddy.

Lol...I'm not ready to put up my Sig yet. Let me handle this. That you lie. I thought that much was obvious. Your scans often disprove your case. It's quite odd that someone would dare post scan after scan disproving their case but hey whatever works for you.

Now you are saying I ran from you. Oh carver you're such a liar. But since you brought it up.

Just for you. I will represent Thor versus your Hulk in a battlezone.

You don't have a sig. You never have had a sig from what I have seen but another lie.

Ok, Thor vs. Hulk...you claim marvel makes it clear Hulk owns him let's do a battlezone since you said I ran from you.

carver9
That you lie. I thought that much was obvious. Your scans often disprove your case. It's quite odd that someone would dare post scan after scan disproving their case but hey whatever works for you.

Now you are saying I ran from you. Oh carver you're such a liar. But since you brought it up.

Just for you. I will represent Thor versus your Hulk in a battlezone.

You don't have a sig. You never have had a sig from what I have seen but another lie.

Ok, Thor vs. Hulk...you claim marvel makes it clear Hulk owns him let's do a battlezone since you said I ran from you.

Naah, I don't lie. My scans represents my case more often than not. You just tend to ignore evidence.

You did run from me and decided to throw me on Rage. That proved to me that I put fear in your heart. When you did that, that made me feel like I have accomplished my goal on KMC. The punking of Quan. I should get a trophy for this sh**.

So now you are trying to BZ me when at first you backed down? Good job sport. Enjoy this break that I am giving you Quan.

quanchi112
Naah, I don't lie. My scans represents my case more often than not. You just tend to ignore evidence.

You did run from me and decided to throw me on Rage. That proved to me that I put fear in your heart. When you did that, that made me feel like I have accomplished my goal on KMC. The punking of Quan. I should get a trophy for this sh**.

So now you are trying to BZ me when at first you backed down? Good job sport. Enjoy this break that I am giving you Quan. No, people usually laugh and poke fun because your scan says the opposite of what you think.

No, I wanted you and you made up excuses and pmed me begging for help. I still have the pms. You also admitted you'd probably lose. It was awful.

You are once again backing down and won't ever see Rage in there either. You're just a liar. That's all you will ever be. A liar who lacks courage.

Nihilist
classic Carter, all talk.

KuRuPT Thanosi
He could've killed them with a thought, true but that doesn't mean that he was any way or form less powerful than usual when he took the beating. He was trying to impress death by taking all the heroes and beating them without using his god like powers and so he repressed his senses. After all would a girl be more impressed if her boyfriend beats some thugs without the gun he's carrying easily or with him getting bloodied up fighting them?

Concession accepted on all accounts. Thanos DID allow that to happen as he could've killed them with a mere thought or gesture at any point or right from the start.

quanchi112
Concession accepted on all accounts. Thanos DID allow that to happen as he could've killed them with a mere thought or gesture at any point or right from the start. Exactly. The comic makes it clear he gave them a chance to put on a show. He fought them wildly and without a real strategy and still came out on top. Amazing showing for Thanos. Thanos depowered himself and still won. Not many can say that.

Kid Kurdy
Exactly. The comic makes it clear he gave them a chance to put on a show. He fought them wildly and without a real strategy and still came out on top. Amazing showing for Thanos. Thanos depowered himself and still won. Not many can say that.
Bull.

He took away one power. Even without it, he was still the most powerful being in the universe thanks to the IG.

abhilegend
Concession accepted on all accounts. Thanos DID allow that to happen as he could've killed them with a mere thought or gesture at any point or right from the start.
This is too funny.
Let me break this down for you.

Did thanos had the power to kill heroes via IG? Yes.

Did he any way or form suggested that he lowered his durability so that some heroes can beat him? No.

Are you too slow to tell the difference between offensive power and durability? Yes.

Does being a thanos fanboy rots the brain? Yes.

Him allowing or not allowing the heroes to beat him means nothing as long as there is no proof that he specifically lowered his durability.

quanchi112
Bull.

He took away one power. Even without it, he was still the most powerful being in the universe thanks to the IG. I never said he wasn't the most powerful on the field. He was also one man against a slew of heroes. He came out on top and the Surfer missed his chance despite Thanos' reflexes being normal.

I don't think depowering himself he was more powerful than Eternity. He needed it to full power to defeat him. You're wrong all the time.

Kid Kurdy
I never said he wasn't the most powerful on the field. He was also one man against a slew of heroes. He came out on top and the Surfer missed his chance despite Thanos' reflexes being normal.

I don't think depowering himself he was more powerful than Eternity. He needed it to full power to defeat him. You're wrong all the time.
So Thanos beat all these heroes all by himself under his own power ? That's what you are saying, right ?

Please say yes !

KuRuPT Thanosi
This is too funny.

Did he any way or form suggested that he lowered his durability so that some heroes can beat him? No.

Are you too slow to tell the difference between offensive power and durability? Yes.

Him allowing or not allowing the heroes to beat him means nothing as long as there is no proof that he specifically lowered his durability.

You're clearly dumber than I thought... Let me ask you a simple question...

Do you think Masterson hammer shot is more powerful than a big blast from Eternity? Answer that question to see just how dumb you are...

quanchi112
So Thanos beat all these heroes all by himself under his own power ? That's what you are saying, right ?

Please say yes ! I am saying no. He didn't. You really don't comprehend simple sentences. I am saying he still wasn't the most powerful person in the universe at the time he fought the heroes. Eternity was. You're bad at this.

Kid Kurdy
I am saying no. He didn't. You really don't comprehend simple sentences. I am saying he still wasn't the most powerful person in the universe at the time he fought the heroes. Eternity was. You're bad at this.
So he beat all the heroes NOT under his own power, but by using the IG. Thank you.

It took a few years, but I'm glad you are slowly starting to realize everything he did when wearing the IG, was not under his own power.

So where's the impressive bit ? Aunt May with the IG could beat Galactus without breaking a sweat.

Dream Stuff
A) Knocking down Thanos is not the same thing as hurting Thanos. Was he woozy? Did he have a hard time getting up? Was he damaged in any way? If Thanos was not harmed, the attack was clearly harmless.

B) Thanos was dragging out the fight against Earth's heroes to make it more dramatic for Death. This is explicitly stated on panel and reinforced by "no duh" logic.

C) It's fair to say that Thanos stalemated against WM Thor before he got sick of fighting. There is no convincing evidence that either was "losing." That should make it clear how far above Thor Thanos normally is--Thor needed Warrior Madness AND the power gem to stalemate him. That's totally reasonable.

D) The times Thor has fought Thanos while not amped, he has gotten completely, easily owned. Period. He would be dead at least three times now without plot-twists to save him as Thanos stood over his kicked-butt. Go read the times Thanos fought the Avengers.

abhilegend
You're clearly dumber than I thought... Let me ask you a simple question...

Do you think Masterson hammer shot is more powerful than a big blast from Eternity? Answer that question to see just how dumb you are...
Its getting funnier. Was thanos actively using IG against masterson like when he used it against eternity? Or do you think that thanos can tank eternity's blast without using IG?

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
A) Knocking down Thanos is not the same thing as hurting Thanos. Was he woozy? Did he have a hard time getting up? Was he damaged in any way? If Thanos was not harmed, the attack was clearly harmless.
It's actually not a bad feat when Thanos was the most powerful being in the universe. Just saying.

So ? Nobody is saying otherwise.

Thor had the upperhand, and fought like a retard. Thor is a lot, but he's not stupid. He was more powerful than usual, true, but like I said, he was fighting like a retard.

Like when ?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Its getting funnier. Was thanos actively using IG against masterson like when he used it against eternity? Or do you think that thanos can tank eternity's blast without using IG?

So then you're saying he wasn't using the IG AT ALL in any way shape or form? I thought you said nothing suggested he was not lowering his durability.. i.e. she should have the natural durability of the IG... Since you say there was no mention of it being turned off or lowering his durability.. he didn't.. SO WHICH IS IT... DID he in fact lower his durability being that he had the IG and yet was still knocked down.. yet he wasn't even moved by a full powered blast from Eternity... Or he didn't lower it and MT hammer shot is more powerful than a blast from Eternity or any other abstract Thanos pwned?

KuRuPT Thanosi
It's actually not a bad feat when Thanos was the most powerful being in the universe. Just saying.

So ? Nobody is saying otherwise.

Thor had the upperhand, and fought like a retard. Thor is a lot, but he's not stupid. He was more powerful than usual, true, but like I said, he was fighting like a retard.

Like when ?

Ummm it matters because if Thanos was stick out tongueutting on a show: that implies he was dragging out the fight longer than it NEEDED to go for dramatic purposes... which is exactly what I've been saying.. HE ALLOWED the heroes to do stuff to him.. If he didnt' want them to.. the wouldn've have even laid a hand on him and with a mere thought they were been atomized.

He didn't fight like a retard.. he fought LIKE HE ALWAYS fights... ya know IN CHARACTER.

godking
This is too funny.

Him allowing or not allowing the heroes to beat him means nothing as long as there is no proof that he specifically lowered his durability. http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j268/godking2/InfinityGauntlet001.jpg

There is no specific evidence that he lowered his durability but there is also no evidence that e used the IG to increase his durability when he was not fighting the celestials/abstracts of the universe.

abhilegend
So then you're saying he wasn't using the IG AT ALL in any way shape or form? I thought you said nothing suggested he was not lowering his durability.. i.e. she should have the natural durability of the IG... Since you say there was no mention of it being turned off or lowering his durability.. he didn't.. SO WHICH IS IT... DID he in fact lower his durability being that he had the IG and yet was still knocked down.. yet he wasn't even moved by a full powered blast from Eternity... Or he didn't lower it and MT hammer shot is more powerful than a blast from Eternity or any other abstract Thanos pwned?
He repressed the amp IG gave him, leaving his natural durability to fight the heroes. Simple.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So then he did A LOT more than just turn off his ability to know the future and what attack was coming next then correct? You said that is ALL the did.. now I have corrected you.. and he turned off a lot more correct?

abhilegend
Originally posted by godking
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j268/godking2/InfinityGauntlet001.jpg

There is no specific evidence that he lowered his durability but there is also no evidence that e used the IG to increase his durability when he was not fighting the celestials/abstracts of the universe.
Wait, are you implying that it was thanos' own durability when he tanked those shots from abstracts? This is getting even more funnier. Let me guess, nebula also tanked those shots from abstracts with her own durability.nutnut

abhilegend
So then he did A LOT more than just turn off his ability to know the future and what attack was coming next then correct? You said that is ALL the did.. now I have corrected you.. and he turned off a lot more correct?
That's the most reasonable assumption that can be taken from that scene. You didn't correct me at all, your point was that he lowered his durability below his natural durability and allowed the beatdown.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>