Cartoon Comparison Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
This is to compare/rank episodes that air each week... just like the manga comparison thread located in the Anime/manga section.

Avengers: EMH
Green Lantern
The Legend of Korra
Thundercats
Ultimate Spider-Man
Young Justice

marwash22
1. Young Justice
2. Legend of Korra
3. EMH
4. Green Lantern
5. Thundercats
6. Ultimate Spidey

Loved the Bat-family and all the older/younger generation team-ups in the YJ episode; that was the clear winner this week imo.

TheAuraAngel
Having not watch most of them this week, I can only compared Young Justice to Korra. I preferred Korra.

Nephthys
Korra
Avengers
Green Lantern TAS
Young Justice

Hard choice, all the episodes this week were awesome.

SamZED
1) Korra/avengers
2) thundercats
3) young justice
4) Spider-man.
Didnt watch Green Lantern yet and the only good thing about Spider-man - lots of guest marvel character.
Thundercats is second for me. Might have something to do with the fact that I was a huge fan of the original series as a kid.
Young justice is a solid show but I wish somebody else voiced Joker. Also Every time Ms. Martian says "hello Megan" I get overwhelmed with the desire to strangle her....
Cant deside on the first place. Avengers is a brilliant show. For me easily on par with the old Justice League show. And soon there will be and episode about Spider-man!big grin Korra is great too. Also gets some extra points for being a sequel of the ATLA.

Nephthys
1.Korra
2.Green Lantern
3.Young Justice

So far. Young Justice has been good so far, but not great, while the other two shows seem to be hitting their stride. Same with Avengers, though from what I've heard it won't stay that way for long.

marwash22
1. LoK
2. YJ
3. EMH
4. GL
5. Spidey
6. TCats

we got some character development in both LoK and YJ, but LoK probably just got their official final member of the new team Avatar... on the other hand, Roy's emo-ness is still going strong 5years later.

EMH had BRB this week. big grin

Nephthys
Green Lantern wins. Since theres no Korra this week its no contest. That was a hell of a season final.

TheAuraAngel
I agree.

Too bad it still looks like shit.

Nephthys
Different strokes. I really liked the art-direction in the GL: TAS.

TheAuraAngel
Meh.

GL was best. Followed by Thundercats and then Young Justice. I'm getting tired of Blue Beetle.

marwash22
you're not a fan of the art style in GL?

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by marwash22
you're not a fan of the art style in GL?

It's appalling to me.

The only characters that look appealing to me are the Robot girl and the Good Red Lantern guy. The others just look really off.

marwash22
laughing out loud

i wont go as far as saying it's appalling, but I'm not a huge fan of the style either; the show as a whole has been pretty good tho.

marwash22
1. GL
2. YJ
3. TCats

GL needs to have more episodes like that.

Sidenote, Barbara's boobs in YJ are huge. droolio

SamZED
Thunderats is great, only problem the fight scenes suck. There were no memorable battles, they're usually pretty boring. sad

TheAuraAngel
Thundercats had a Mothra Expy.

All arguments against this show are invalid.

TheAuraAngel
1. YJ.
2. Thundercats.
3. Korra.

Young Justice has a lot of things I did like and I didn't quite feel the backlash of my unfamiliarity with DC-Lore and the first Young Justice like usual. New things on the horizon so hey, seems like it will be fun

Thundercats was the usual fair of things and was actually pretty touching. A bit heavyhanded but all in all I liked it.

Korra had quite a few things I liked but quite a few things I didn't. It's hard not to be interested in what is going to happen next but I'm not exactly happy about how we got to this point.

wakkawakkawakka
1. YJ
2. Korra

?. Thunderkatt( didn't watch it yet)

So...either KF has gotten a tad rusty or Barry and Bart are just that good. Wonder if the series is going for the two Flashes portion. Though this episode didn't have Superboy or Ms. Martian in it so it was good.

Korra was pretty cool though the lack of Lin dissapoints me. Poor Naga sad

Nephthys
1. Korra
2. Korra
3. Korra

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-colbert.gif

Ok, so I havn't seen YJ yet but it can't beat that episode of Korra.

marwash22
1. YJ
2. LoK
3. TCats

Korra was awesome, but I give it to YJ 'cause we got a Flash family plot and it was dope, even better than the Bat family episode.

wakkawakkawakka
When was the Bat-family episode? and yes the Flash-Fam was awesome. So...when are we going to see some speedforce?

marwash22
"Alienated". The ep wasn't entirely focused on the Bat family, but we got to see them all working together on screen at the same time. We also got to see Supes/Connor and Wondy/Cassie working toegther in that ep.

marwash22
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So...when are we going to see some speedforce? dunno, but i do hope they touch on it.

TheAuraAngel
I just say the 3 tie.

Thundercats is making for an interesting story and I like the setting and the people of it. And of course there is the moral dilemma of what to do. On the other hand, it makes Tygra look too good for my tastes.

Young Justice had some interesting twists(I guess...still not sure what is going on) but I just don't care for that fish head guy. And it sucked that my favorite(for the moment) didn't get to do anything. And then there was that fake opening that anyone could see through.

Korra was good for the reveals in the flashback and it's always cool to see Amon. I was hoping Tarrlok would stick around to play chess with Amon but so much for that. The flashback was neato and Bei-Fong is just always fun to watch. But the show's too fast for it's own good pacing and the fact that Mako is still really unlikable(and still serving no purpose in the story) does wear down the quality.

Meh.

wakkawakkawakka
I think there was I tie as well. So Aura is your favorite character Wally or someone else in YJ? Superboy must have the patience of a saint to not have beaten the piss out of Lagoon Boy by now; his reason for the break-up was also predictable. I also wonder if Roy flipped everyone off when he found Speedy.

Well Korra was only meant to run for about 12 episodes so the fast pacing is understandable. Though I like how the Avatar State is so far the only counter to blood-bending aside from another waterbender that knows the skill.

Nephthys
Argh, the stupid ******* copyright guys found my favourite site for watching shows. Now I have to wait for other, crappier sites to get off their asses and post the episodes.

TheAuraAngel
....I actually can't really believe it myself but I like Superboy the most. Which is odd, cause I don't care for Superman(though I'm told they're not alike).

Yeah but it's no longer just 12 episodes. I hate when things are paced too fast.

"There is a lot you don't know about me Avatar..."

*Next episode she and the audience find out pretty much everything about him*

Originally posted by Nephthys
Argh, the stupid ******* copyright guys found my favourite site for watching shows. Now I have to wait for other, crappier sites to get off their asses and post the episodes.

Eh. What can ya do?

wakkawakkawakka
I guess Superboy is a favorite of sorts now considering he's been in almost every episode save for the last two.

Having a season finale this early is a pretty big drag.

marwash22
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Young Justice had some interesting twists(I guess...still not sure what is going on) but I just don't care for that fish head guy. And it sucked that my favorite(for the moment) didn't get to do anything. And then there was that fake opening that anyone could see through. gotta call bs that you saw that coming. I didn't by that she was dead (for good) either, but i seriously doubt you or anyone else saw through the entire ruse.

1. Korra.
2. YJ.
3. Tcats.

LoK is really working well as a mystery whereas TLA was more straightforward and action-packed in terms of plot. Loved the flashback in this episode. Hopefully this is leading to Korra actually becoming more spiritual so we can finally get to see Aang's spirit manifest and guide her.

TheAuraAngel
Killing character doesn't get done that way lol. Sure I suppose I didn't see that one guy being good. Course, I'm still trying to remember who the ruse was for.

marwash22
it was to convince everyone she was dead so that kal could be fully accepted/trusted by his dad, which would allow him to further infiltrate the Light.

TheAuraAngel
For some reason I doubt that would work.

marwash22
the convincing part? or the infiltration part?

TheAuraAngel
Both lol.

marwash22
laughing out loud

Well, Conner has no clue and his anger should be enough to convince everyone else.

Nephthys
Yeah, I don't know why you think it wouldn't work Aura. It was the perfect move for infiltration imo. Plus his capture of Lagoon Boy makes him look extra sincere.

TheAuraAngel
Yeah, I don't know why you think it wouldn't work Aura. It was the perfect move for infiltration imo. Plus his capture of Lagoon Boy makes him look extra sincere.

It's generally a rule of thumb: Whoever has revealed their plan to the audience first is very likely to have it fail. At least, that's how I see it.

That and the villains seem pretty smart. And I dunno if they have anyone on their end who can read minds but if they did, wouldn't that put a huge hole in their plan? Since they could read Aqualad's mind?

Nephthys
Sure, but in-universe it went smooooooothly.

Just Psimon I think. But I bet that helmet can protect him from psychics. It would be really dumb if the plan could be foiled that easily.

marwash22
Psimon is their only telepath (i think), but i don't think the two have ever met in person and Psimon has no reason to suspect Kal isn't sincere because Manta is convinced. The only reason Psimon would probe Kal's mind is if Manta asked him to do so.

TheAuraAngel
So yeah....Thundercats set the bar pretty freaking high. It rivaled Beybalde in terms of awesome.

wakkawakkawakka
Beyblade is cool? I though it was just about weird looking spinning tops.

Nephthys
Those spinning tops leveled a city the way Aura tells it. And traversed the stars.

TheAuraAngel
Beyblade is cool? I though it was just about weird looking spinning tops.

The episode today was awesome. I was legit not expecting it to be rivaled by the other shows. Wouldn't you know it, Thundercats was awesome. I know Neph hasn't seen it but you? O:

Those spinning tops leveled a city the way Aura tells it. And traversed the stars.

Well they didn't level a city. They were just fighting through it and causing mass damage. One did level a mountain in the episode though so stuff.

Nephthys
My mistake. Thats much less silly.

TheAuraAngel
My mistake. Thats much less silly.

I haven't even mentioned the beyblades that can control gravity and use genjutsu. :T

wakkawakkawakka
Those spinning tops leveled a city the way Aura tells it. And traversed the stars. Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
I haven't even mentioned the beyblades that can control gravity and use genjutsu. :T

Da phuck?! erm

But no I haven't seen Thundercats yet.

TheAuraAngel
Da phuck?! erm

But no I haven't seen Thundercats yet.

Indeed. It's GARtastic.

Long story short: Pumyra is a traitor, Mumm-Ra got the stone, and Lion-O essentially had an army by episodes end. Hope he keeps it.

Wilykit is the only girl Lion-O can trust.

TheAuraAngel
Well shit...here I have egg on my face. Here I was expecting Beyblade to make the other shows look lame and both Thundercats and Korra rose to the challenge. I'm content with this morning.

But if I had to give the edge to one over the other, it would be Thundercats barely over Korra. Mostly cause Thundercats didn't have anything that annoyed me. Korra still has Mako....but damn was Korra good today.

wakkawakkawakka
Was Mako really that bad though? Who am kidding of course he was no expression

Still mad I didn't see Thundercats this week...again.

Nephthys
I only watched Korra, Young Justice is on another break and I don't care about Thundercats so guess what wins.

wakkawakkawakka
Korra was better than the city busting/gravity controlling/galaxy flying tops I guess; though I haven't watched Beyblade.

TheAuraAngel
Korra was better than the city busting/gravity controlling/galaxy flying tops I guess; though I haven't watched Beyblade.

Beyblade is animu so I can't use it in the Cartoon comparison thread. O:

Were I though, the only thing Beyblade cleans up in is action.

Gecko4lif
Beyblades sucks. It hasnt been good since they beat the demolition boys

ever since then it has been getting worse and worse every season

Nephthys
Earths Mightiest Heroes was pretty damn good today as well. I particularly enjoyed Visions little 500 ton trick against Thor. Nice. Still not as good as Korra though.

I do want to know what happened to Doctor Doom though. I bet they just fought a Doombot.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Beyblades sucks. It hasnt been good since they beat the demolition boys

ever since then it has been getting worse and worse every season

Different series.

Nephthys
I'm looking forward to Green Lantern more than Young Justice atm more based off of those teasers.

Nephthys
And yet I can't find Green Lantern anywhere! What the DEUCE?!!!!!!!! Did people just forget to record it or something? Asshooooooooles, don't they know I need them to provide me free entertainment????????

wakkawakkawakka
Green Lantern was awesome yesterday Guy Gardner's appearance was cool and the guardians seemingly brushing off Hal's efforts from season 1 was weird to see

Nephthys
Fiiiiiiiinally saw it. Damn good stuff. Green Lantern TAS is seriously underappreci8ed.

Also, they didn't 8rush off his efforts, lol. He got a promotion. Deserves it too.

wakkawakkawakka
Fiiiiiiiinally saw it. Damn good stuff. Green Lantern TAS is seriously underappreci8ed.

Also, they didn't 8rush off his efforts, lol. He got a promotion. Deserves it too.

I was taling about the beginning of the show where the Guardians appeared to brush off Hal

It's only underappreciated because of the stupid CG that they use.

Oh and apparently Thundercats will be on Toonami next week. Wonder if that means it's be free from censorship.

marwash22
i devalue the GL series because of how weak they have made Hal.

wakkawakkawakka
It's not any worse then how John ws depowered in JLU

Nephthys
i devalue the GL series because of how weak they have made Hal.

They toned down all the GL's. I don't see the problem personally.

marwash22
that's 8ecause you're a 8oo8. sneer

Nephthys
Both GL and YJ were very strong yesterday. I wouldn't be able to call it if I had to.

Nephthys
No cartoons this week..... or any other week.

Nephthys
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbur0mWFTW1r1y6ufo1_500.png

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbur0mWFTW1r1y6ufo2_250.gif

marwash22
http://i.imgur.com/nojWx.gif

aaron2
korra
green lantern
batman
spiderman

batman need to have more episodes!

psycho gundam
wZAhqEiq4cA

the originator, none greater

Nephthys
Aya..... http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-qq.gif

Green Lantern wins. I haven't even watch YJ yet and Green Lantern still wins.

wakkawakkawakka
Yeah I cried man-tears when I saw that episode. So umm....that Aya was not a remote platform after-all sad

marwash22
Aya..... http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-qq.gif

Green Lantern wins. I haven't even watch YJ yet and Green Lantern still wins. b!tch is alive and the last episode has lost all impact.

fail.

wakkawakkawakka
b!tch is alive and the last episode has lost all impact.

fail.

Dafauq!! no expression

Nephthys
Well....... I've seen better breakups. no expression

wakkawakkawakka
Well in GL Femshep...er I mean Star Sapphire is back.

And in Young Justice we got Deathstroke action, in which he is pwned by Ms.Martian. Oh and Artemis and Chesire have a sister moment. Then there's Blue Beetle...smile

wakkawakkawakka
So...is anyone still keeping up with Green Lantern?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.