Spider-Man vs The Cheetha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh18/Riverside_King83/Spidey.gif
vs
http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/Images/Characters/Cheetah.jpg
Fight takes place in L.A.
Neither has prep or knowledge of the others abilities.
Spidey catches Cheeta in some crime.
Who wins?

Grinning Goku
Cheetah looks like she can win this.

abhilegend
Cheetah.

guy222
chee

Q99
Presumably Cheetah's stealing an artifact from a museum or similar.

And she wins.

AsbestosFlaygon
Spidey's dealing with a legit Class 100 brick with the speed to keep up with it.

He's a goner, imo.

Q99
Cheetah has got to have one of the highest win ratios on this board. She's not exactly super-uber, but people keep matching her against mid and even low meta characters.

JakeTheBank
Spidey's new standard gear might help him out here. As in not die nigh instantly the fight begins in earnest.

All things considered, I can see Minerva bantering with him and what not until she gets pissed off and tries to disembowel him.

Q99
Oh yes, Spidey could not-die-instantly. Still, his proper strategy here is to use his cellphone to dial up Thor smile

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Spidey's new standard gear might help him out here. As in not die nigh instantly the fight begins in earnest.

All things considered, I can see Minerva bantering with him and what not until she gets pissed off and tries to disembowel him.
You do realize, that in a non-PIS/CIS scenario, it would take literally 1-2 solid punches from Cheetah to kill Spidey, right?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
You do realize, that in a non-PIS/CIS scenario, it would take literally 1-2 solid punches from Cheetah to kill Spidey, right?

I know very well what Cheetah is capable of. And I don't think one or two punches from her would outright kill Spider-Man, not when he's endured blows from people like Rhino, Morlun, and Hulk. Her claws are a different story.

Considering the consistent portrayal of her personality and character and CIS being on by default, I don't see her outright attempting to kill Spider-Man when she'd probably banter with him and toy around with him.

Either way, when Cheetah wants the fight to end, it does. If she messes around with him at all, it gives him a opportunity from being out right spited to prolonging long enough to know how screwed he is.

Prep-Man
Couldn't Spidey web her up?

Existere
Could he web up a class 100 being with super sharp claws that moves far, far faster than him?

Sure, why not.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Couldn't Spidey web her up?

It's possible he could if she dicks around with him.

Of course, she'd easily rend said webs.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Existere
Could he web up a class 100 being with super sharp claws that moves far, far faster than him?

Sure, why not. thumb up

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I know very well what Cheetah is capable of. And I don't think one or two punches from her would outright kill Spider-Man, not when he's endured blows from people like Rhino, Morlun, and Hulk. Her claws are a different story.
Rhino isn't Class 100.

You do have a point with Morlun and Hulk.

I'll give Spidey a fair chance.
With his Spider Sense and durability, he takes 2/10.

Flyattractor
I have seen Cheeta display speed and the claws bit but does she really have that many strenght feats?

Q99
Web her up, Cheetah'll cut free.

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

I'll give Spidey a fair chance.
With his Spider Sense and durability, he takes 2/10.

Nah, not that much. She still has a huge speed edge, and quite good durability that could take plenty of shots from him.

Cheetah's less durable than WW, but it still takes multiple class-100 shots to take her down. Has a healing factor too.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I have seen Cheeta display speed and the claws bit but does she really have that many strenght feats?

First appearance, got in a tug-of-war with Diana and they were even.

MaleCheetah took down Superman, and fCheetah fought him and they were dead even.

More recently, stopped Donna in her tracks with the lasso.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
Web her up, Cheetah'll cut free.

Nah, not that much. She still has a huge speed edge, and quite good durability that could take plenty of shots from him.

Cheetah's less durable than WW, but it still takes multiple class-100 shots to take her down. Has a healing factor too.

First appearance, got in a tug-of-war with Diana and they were even.

MaleCheetah took down Superman, and fCheetah fought him and they were dead even.

More recently, stopped Donna in her tracks with the lasso.
So, was she amped in that scene to discard the lasso's power? That male cheetah vs superman was just PIS.

Q99
Originally posted by abhilegend
So, was she amped in that scene to discard the lasso's power?

Not really. Note she wasn't tied up, just grabbing and pulling.

Nah, other characters have done similar under similar circumstances.

Magic character ambushes Superman offguard, stuns him, and choke for a finisher is actually more than what Captain Marvel did to take him out in Morrison's JLA, for example.

It's a magic herald level ambush, it's really not that weird.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
Not really. Note she wasn't tied up, just grabbing and pulling.

Nah, other characters have done similar under similar circumstances.

Magic character ambushes Superman offguard, stuns him, and choke for a finisher is actually more than what Captain Marvel did to take him out in Morrison's JLA, for example.

It's a magic herald level ambush, it's really not that weird.
Diana noted that she was immune to lasso.
It takes explicit magic to harm superman directly. He has shrugged off etrigan's punch to the moon. Cap used magic lightning and is a peer to him strength wise, cheetah isn't anywhere near that level as portrayed in that instance. Name just one other character who has choked out superman who is far below him in strength.

Q99
Originally posted by abhilegend
Diana noted that she was immune to lasso.

Again, she wasn't tied up with it. It's sometimes been portrayed as having influence just on the touch, but not as much as fully restrained.

Superman himself compared the blows to Captain Marvel and Diana "in that instance," so it's really hard to say where you're getting 'isn't anywhere near that level in that instance' from. We know exactly where Cheetah was in that instance- around CM and WW level.

Note also the choke was just a finisher. There were repeated blows to stun him first, and we see from Clark's outfit later there was clawing involved too. It was an ambush with several strong blows delivered first.

You seem to really want Cheetah to be weaker for some reason, but in terms of pure strength, Cheetah- a god, mind you, and most DC gods are herald level- is roughly on par with WW both historically and in most recent showings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.