Ron Paul ends Campaign but not Presidential Bid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Symmetric Chaos
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ron-paul-ends-presidential-campaign-continues-delegate-strategy-183243109.html

Basically he's realized that since the delegate system is so divorced from the actual voting that there's no point in continuing to spend millions of dollars trying getting votes from the people. He's instructed his cult members to continue trying to stuff the delegation committees.

I think its really interesting that Ron Paul hasn't made a point of how broken the democratic system is when that is a valid strategy. It's a reasonable point and seems in line with his views.

Mairuzu
crylaugh

I knew someone on here would fall for it.

This has always been his strategy. Lol

Since he's not backed by corporations who lobby for him. (like goldman sachs?) Its the supporters who brought him this far and its the supporters who will secure his nomnation. (Rule 38) Why waste time on costly TV ads when he should be spending the limited money on the caucus states.

Don't let the media control your mind too much stoned

Cya in tampa! Rule 38!

focus4chumps
i hope it really is false. im counting on that fool to steal many teabagger votes from the GOP.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by focus4chumps
i hope it really is false. im counting on that fool to steal many teabagger votes from the GOP.

This is why Ron Paul should stop his campaign all together.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
This is why Ron Paul should stop his campaign all together.

SHHHHHH!!!!!

inimalist
Originally posted by Mairuzu
crylaugh

Since he's not backed by corporations who lobby for him. (like goldman sachs?) Its the supporters who brought him this far and its the supporters who will secure his nomnation. (Rule 38) Why waste time on costly TV ads when he should be spending the limited money on the caucus states.

Cya in tampa! Rule 38!

wicked, the Republicans nominate someone without mass appeal and Obama wins in a land slide

Victory

Barker
crylaugh

Cya in tampa! Rule 38!
This post needs more stoneds

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by inimalist
wicked, the Republicans nominate someone without mass appeal and Obama wins in a land slide

Victory

And America becomes the next communist empire. Burn the world!

stick out tongue laughing out loud

inimalist
If only Paul could subvert democracy in the federal election

Robtard
crylaugh

"Ron Paul is a genius.

With one email, he got the media to lie about his campaign which will just motivate the Hell out of his supporters. The Romney people wont bother to go to the caucuses/conventions to select Delegates, which will make his supporters stronger and help him win more Delegates, AND he'll fly under the radar while Obama and the Main Stream Media rip Romney to pieces for the next 3 months... genius, pure genius!

Time to focus on the caucuses/conventions where the Delegates are selected! I'm giddy with how well things are going!" -end quote

Cya in tampa! Rule 38!

I'm confused, who fell for what? The OP link/story basically says what you quoted, he's focusing on the delegate game(ie who the **** cares what the people want), which is a legal strategy, though nonsensical and unethical imo.

Robtard

Victory

Oh man, Obama Vs Paul would be a repeat of Reagan Vs Mondale, but with 49 Blues. It'd be cringe worthy.

inimalist
Originally posted by Robtard
Oh man, Obama Vs Paul would be a repeat of Reagan Vs Mondale, but with 49 Blues. It'd be cringe worthy.

I was just thinking about it, the only reason Paul gets more votes as a Republican than an independent is that there is some percentage of Republicans who would vote for a potted plant so long as it wasn't Obama.

Symmetric Chaos
Quoted by Mairuzu
"Ron Paul is a genius.

With one email, he got the media to lie about his campaign which will just motivate the Hell out of his supporters. The Romney people wont bother to go to the caucuses/conventions to select Delegates, which will make his supporters stronger and help him win more Delegates, AND he'll fly under the radar while Obama and the Main Stream Media rip Romney to pieces for the next 3 months... genius, pure genius!

Time to focus on the caucuses/conventions where the Delegates are selected! I'm giddy with how well things are going!" -end quote

So where is the lie exactly? I actually fixed an inaccuracy in the Yahoo! article which claimed he was "all but ending" his bid. And I really don't think Ron Paul's victory strategy involves being more than eight hundred delegates behind his opponent, but that's just me.

Honestly, every single thing that Ron Paul supporters say makes them seem more and more like a brainwashed cult:
"No, no, Ron Paul isn't losing. He wants to not be voted for in order to prove how much support he has from the people so he can come from behind and win. Take our idiotic ravings seriously!"

dadudemon
Looks like this was a long time coming.

I disagree. I think Paul would be the one that would be the best bet the GOP had in debates with Obama...as far as being able to actually argue well, with substance.

inimalist
The problem is, Paul's exposure doesn't really correlate to his successes. He did really well in the Republican debates themselves, but failed to motivate the base. They don't like his foreign policy (Iran), and a lot of his domestic (gays, drugs, etc). Even with the support Paul would draw for himself, I can't see him being very successful at all in a federal race, especially when Obama gets to nail him on some of his weaknesses (or, at least what the public in general might consider a weakness, not to mention how much funding would shift to Obama).

Mr Parker
crylaugh

Cya in tampa! Rule 38!
I love it that he fell for it. laughing Its cool that thats one thing we have on common is you understand unlike most here not to let the lamestream media control your mind. laughing

inimalist
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I love it that he fell for it. laughing Its cool that thats one thing we have on common is you understand unlike most here not to let the lamestream media control your mind. laughing

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Honestly, every single thing that Ron Paul supporters say makes them seem more and more like a brainwashed cult

no?

EDIT: or:

http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/29/ron-pauls-world/

but I'm just asking questions, you decide!

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon

I disagree. I think Paul would be the one that would be the best bet the GOP had in debates with Obama...as far as being able to actually argue well, with substance.

In a proper an sensible world, the presidential office would be won by the person who can debate the best and who most closely personifies the party's ideals.

Unfortunately that isn't US politics, Paul has very little appeal to mainstream America, Obama who's a celebrity by comparison would stomp-rape, imo. The smear campaign would cripple him alone.

Mairuzu
The email Paul sent out to his supporters has nothing in it that hasn't already been said by Ron Paul and the media is spinning this in certain ways, some even say hes basically dropped out haermm

If you followed Ron Paul at all this wouldnt be big news and you will notice that his focus has always been on caucus states with the limited amount of money (that hes gotten this far with) and not on primaries such as florida and now california and texas. Why waste money on shiny commercials? People who need a shiny commercial to see who to vote for are already far too hopeless. And the media turns it into this haermm

Rule 38. Check it out. Tampa here we go wink

I laugh at any of you who think Romney has ever had any chance against Obama.

Its a cult to support liberty and freedom? ****ing morons lol. Cult full of idiots is what I've been seeing.

For the amount of time they actually gave him, he did great in the debates. But opinions are opinions.

Omega Vision
Ron Paul supporters are self-deluding if they think this is anything but admitting defeat and seeking out a plan B that should go against the principles of anyone who believes in real democracy.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Ron Paul supporters are self-deluding if they think this is anything but admitting defeat and seeking out a plan B that should go against the principles of anyone who believes in real democracy.

Rule 38 wink

Did you even read the email he sent out that the media is getting all wet over? Lol

inimalist
Its a cult to support liberty and freedom? ****ing morons lol. Cult full of idiots is what I've been seeing.

forget the democratic process, forget pandering to survivalists and conspiracy theorists, we need to win. no. matter. what!

nothing cult like about that.

Mairuzu
forget the democratic process, forget pandering to survivalists and conspiracy theorists, we need to win. no. matter. what!

nothing cult like about that. Forget the democratic process how?

Even if what you said made any sense at all, what does this have to do with a cult? This is about liberty and freedom. Your foolishness is showing.

inimalist
the person who gets less votes wins?

Mairuzu
the person who gets less votes wins?

No, you just completely fail to realize how the republican nomination works lol

And we've been through this already before lol. You fail to take any notes as well.

inimalist
or, I disagree with a process that isn't democratic, even though I don't like the results...

Like when Hamas was elected in Palestine...

Mairuzu
You disagree with it? Lol. Sorry broz. This is only a nomination, don't get your panties in a twist from it. Sorry you disagree with the fact that Romney's supporters aren't smart or supportive enough to become delegates.

Be more useless guys. stoned

Robtard
Rule 38

Isn't Rule 38 basically "do whatever it takes to win."? If not, please clarify.

Mairuzu
Rule 38 is delegates getting to vote on their own conscience and rules are rules. Like I said, anyone has the equal opportunity to become a delegate. stoned

Robtard
Can you link us to this rule?

FinalAnswer
Can you link us to this rule?

http://www.gop.com/images/legal/2008_RULES_Adopted.pdf

dadudemon
In a proper an sensible world, the presidential office would be won by the person who can debate the best and who most closely personifies the party's ideals.

Unfortunately that isn't US politics, Paul has very little appeal to mainstream America, Obama who's a celebrity by comparison would stomp-rape, imo. The smear campaign would cripple him alone.

While I do agree with what you're saying, I really don't care about what the general public thinks: only what I think.

Truthfully and honestly, I think Ron Paul would do best against Obama in debates especially on key points. If the GOP wants to make Obama look like a fool in the debates on some points, Paul is the best choice. It's also very hard to campaign against Paul because he's consistent and has been for decades. Smear campaign that he's racist? HA! Some of his talking points and ideas are more liberal than Obama's. He also has more minority support than any other GOP candidate.

Why?

Because he points out how the justice system obviously has a disparate impact on blacks/minorities.

CS5aDChf81c

He definitely will not win the presidential election. BUT...I do think Paul running against Obama is the best thing that could happen for the GOP's image for a few years.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
http://www.gop.com/images/legal/2008_RULES_Adopted.pdf

That's sort of odd, according to RCP several states have Winner Take All primaries (although I notice that in one of them the votes have been split).

Sorry you disagree with the fact that Romney's supporters aren't smart or supportive enough to become delegates.

Yes, a mere 949 of his supporters were smart enough to become delegates.

Ron Paul Supporters = Brainwashed

dadudemon
Ron Paul Supporters = Brainwashed

Not brainwashed...but...more like...

It's a religious word/phrase...

What am I looking for?

Rabid?

no....it has another phrase/word for it.

Someone help me out, here. Brainwashed is not it. They are definitely free thinking and well versed: probably the most politically savvy of the major candidates. There's another word or phrase that better describes the devote Ron Paul supporters. Rabid is close...but it's something else.

Symmetric Chaos
It's also very hard to campaign against Paul because he's consistent and has been for decades.

That assumes that people don't care about the issues at all. It really fascinates me that Ron Paul's supporters cannot even imagine a person who disagrees with them. I think this explains the tendency for conspiracy theories and extremism in them. Anyone who is not part of the fold is inherently evil.

Symmetric Chaos
Someone help me out, here. Brainwashed is not it. They are definitely free thinking and well versed: probably the most politically savvy of the major candidates. There's another word or phrase that better describes the devote Ron Paul supporters. Rabid is close...but it's something else.

No, brainwashed in the word.

When you believe that he is both the candidate of the people and doesn't care about the popular vote and can't see where those contradict you're engaging in doublethink. They're 100% brainwashed.

dadudemon
That assumes that people don't care about the issues at all.

I do not think you understood what I meant.

I'll be more clear:

It is very hard to run a negative campaign against Ron Paul, from a political records approach, because he has been consistent for decades. You can try stuff like, "He voted 'no' for supporting infants how have been abused" but that is easily destroyed with, "because they had an earmark for a tax break for a big oil company."

It really fascinates me that Ron Paul's supporters cannot even imagine a person who disagrees with them.

I see the exact opposite. The extreme majority of Ron Paul supporters are keenly aware that most people will argue with them about their positions because they are "ignorant" or "pro-establishment/status-quo". This runs directly opposite of the type of Ron Paul supporter that you believe in.

I think this explains the tendency for conspiracy theories and extremism in them. Anyone who is not part of the fold is inherently evil.

That's also a mischaracterization, as well. How about "sheep" instead of "evil"? That seems more common. smile

No, brainwashed in the word.

When you believe that he is both the candidate of the people and doesn't care about the popular vote and can't see where those contradict you're engaging in doublethink. They're 100% brainwashed.

No it's not. That doesn't even come close. They blame others for being brainwashed, not the other way around.

Every now and then, I have a brain-fart and I cannot remember a particular word or phrase. For instance, I forgot what strawberries were called or how to spell the word "put". It happens....frustrating...but it happens.

Robtard
Zealots.

dadudemon
Zealots.

Yes, that was the word I was looking for.

They act as Ron Paul's religious acolytes/zealots. Definitely not brainwashed as that would exonerate them by making it something they cannot really help. They definitely know what they are doing. Zealotry is it.

AsbestosFlaygon
The Republican GOP candidates are some of the dumbest politicians I have ever heard/seen, except for Ron Paul.
None of them are ever consistent with their policies.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
The Republican GOP candidates are some of the dumbest politicians I have ever heard/seen, except for Ron Paul.
None of them are ever consistent with their policies.

laughing out loud I though it was the liberal Democrats that is "some of the dumbest politicians I have ever heard/seen".

You have to pass the bill before you can know what's in it.

Food stamps are good for the economy.

Are just two examples.

Mairuzu
That assumes that people don't care about the issues at all. It really fascinates me that Ron Paul's supporters cannot even imagine a person who disagrees with them. I think this explains the tendency for conspiracy theories and extremism in them. Anyone who is not part of the fold is inherently evil.

What do you disagree with? You're looking a delegate counts even though the delegate counting isnt even finalized haermm

Brainwashed into thinking your sources are correct.

What is it you disagree with? I see Paul as the only option we have to stop strengthening the grasp government has on the country. Romney and Obama will only spend us into more debt and increse/maintain goverment power.

Even if paul loses, its far from over.

Edit: It has nothing to do with one man. Spreading brushfires of liberty in the minds of men was the main intent and its spread like a mother ****er. I support the founding fathers more than i support Paul, he's just the modern ressurection.

Shakyamunison
What do you disagree with? You're looking a delegate counts even though the delegate counting isnt even finalized haermm

Brainwashed into thinking your sources are correct.

What is it you disagree with? I see Paul as the only option we have to stop strengthening the grasp government has on the country. Romney and Obama will only spend us into more debt and increse/maintain goverment power.

Even if paul loses, its far from over.

...and this is from someone who thinks Ron Paul will be the next president.

Mairuzu
It's a long shot, might not happen with the millions obama gets from fancy dinners at celebs houses and through lobbies. I don't understand what you mean though? Whats the point in saying that at all?

Shakyamunison
It's a long shot, might not happen with the millions obama gets from fancy dinners at celebs houses and through lobbies. I don't understand what you mean though? Whats the point in saying that at all?

"Brainwashed into thinking your sources are correct."

Mairuzu
Its true. Ive seen the count showing these numbers and Ive looked at delegate counts from a few other sources, all having different numbers. They havent finished counting the delegates and California/Texas hasnt voted yet.

Shakyamunison
Its true. Ive seen the count showing these numbers and Ive looked at delegate counts from a few other sources, all having different numbers. They havent finished counting the delegates and California/Texas hasnt voted yet.

I was struck by the irony.

Mairuzu
Wasn't as ironic as you think. The delegate count hasnt even finished being counted.

Shakyamunison
Wasn't as ironic as you think. The delegate count hasnt even finished being counted.

No. It has to do with...

The fact you don't get it is even more ironic.

I think I will leave it like that.

Omega Vision
Ron Paul is the (Vocal Minority of) People's Candidate.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
No. It has to do with...

The fact you don't get it is even more ironic.

I think I will leave it like that. Why don't you make the effort to inform me then?

You were referring to the part where he claims I am brainwashed (brainwashed into think what? Im not sure) And he mentioned Romney leading the delegate count with 900 delegates, but since the delegate count isnt finished, the 900 delegates they claim he has is false. I don't see where you see the irony but alright. stoned

Shakyamunison
Why don't you make the effort to inform me then?

You were referring to the part where he claims I am brainwashed (brainwashed into think what? Im not sure) And he mentioned Romney leading the delegate count with 900 delegates, but since the delegate count isnt finished, the 900 delegates they claim he has is false. I don't see where you see the irony but alright. stoned

Do you really not get it?

Omega Vision
I wonder if Ron Paul realizes the paradox of being a populist libertarian candidate.

Mr Parker
Why don't you make the effort to inform me then?

so very true.that claim of 900 is totally false. big grin

Mr Parker

exactly.very good point. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.