The First X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=59734

no expression

No.

srankmissingnin

JakeTheBank
It sounds incredibly forced in my honest opinion and completely unnecessary.

Blight
This sounds downright stupid. Possibly Blasphemy.

Existere
Ugh ugh ugh

-K-M-
Bwahaha oh Marvel.

srankmissingnin
I like the idea of a book that tells some stories about Mutants prior to the formation of the X-Men, and as we all saw in First Class Nazi Hunter Magneto is awesome... but the idea that Wolverine, Sabretooth and Magneto could have been the precursor / impetus behind Pro X inspiration to create the X-Men is meh. Outside of a recognizable brand name I'm not sure why this needs to be tied to the X-Men at all.

At least we get to see some more of Hobo Namor.

steverules_2
haermm Wolverine created the marvel universe

StyleTime
Goddamnit.

As if this idea wasn't stupid enough already, Christos ****ing Gage is writing this.

just.....goddamnit.

roughrider
Is this a joke? blink

While it's great to see the legendary Neal Adams doing the art...

THIS was the Wolverine project we heard he was working on last year??

Existere
No guys, this is great.

They can start showing that Wolverine was first for all the major Marvel moments in time.

Wolverine was forming teams to fight Loki way before the Avengers got their shit together.

Mary Jane was actually married once before the wedding with Peter...

Digi
lmao

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Existere
No guys, this is great.

They can start showing that Wolverine was first for all the major Marvel moments in time.

Wolverine was forming teams to fight Loki way before the Avengers got their shit together.

laughing out loud

BlackZero30x
......and my hate for wolverine grows

Bouboumaster
This is one of the most retarded idea I've heard this year, in the comic books world.

Will they seriously retcon something like nearly 60 years of lore by having Wolverine as the first founder?

Man. Wolverine has like 30 origins stories.

BruceSkywalker
this is horrible

-Pr-
tip of the hat to you marvel. at least you're not pretending you care about other characers anymore.

JakeTheBank
Honestly, this feels like a way to make Wolverine "the first X-Man" much like Captain America is "the first Avenger".

Like seriously, it's so blatantly obvious that this is another arc to sell us on how "important and awesome" Wolverine is in the Marvel Universe. I didn't like the stupid idea behind Nick Fury's 1959 Avengers team, and I sure as hell don't like the idea that Wolverine created the first mutant team in Marvel continuity. And really, the only people who would eat this up are diehard Logan fanatics, and even some of those people would (or at least should) balk at this concept.

Really, it's shit like this that turns people off from Wolverine.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
tip of the hat to you marvel. at least you're not pretending you care about other characers anymore.

If by "other" you mean just the mutants.....sure.

abhilegend
**** marvel.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
If by "other" you mean just the mutants.....sure.

Oh, no. Cyclops, Colossus and several others are right up there being just as shit on.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Honestly, this feels like a way to make Wolverine "the first X-Man" much like Captain America is "the first Avenger".

Like seriously, it's so blatantly obvious that this is another arc to sell us on how "important and awesome" Wolverine is in the Marvel Universe. I didn't like the stupid idea behind Nick Fury's 1959 Avengers team, and I sure as hell don't like the idea that Wolverine created the first mutant team in Marvel continuity. And really, the only people who would eat this up are diehard Logan fanatics, and even some of those people would (or at least should) balk at this concept.

Really, it's shit like this that turns people off from Wolverine.

Pretty much.

Warlord

Newjak
It's an interesting idea, show what shaped Prof X into becoming the man he is.

The problem of course comes from the idea that they are basically putting Wolverine into that role. Yes he would have been alive, he could have been there, but imo it would have been better to just make another character fresh. It doesn't even had to been a mutant just someone willing to stand up for them.

Bentley
Marvel just revealed a bit of how this ties to their next event (spoilers ahead):

Deadpool founded the Fantastic Four

roughrider
Next thing you know, Wolverine will become the first mutant instead of Apocalypse. stick out tongue

Marvel is doing incredibly well with their Movie & TV product - I hope the comics aren't becoming an afterthought; just platforms to spin off into other properties, as Grant Morrison has opined on the direction of the comics industry.

StiltmanFTW
Wait, so Sabretooth was a member of both the first Avengers and the first X-Men?

laughing out loud

StyleTime
Originally posted by Existere
No guys, this is great.

laughing out loud
Originally posted by Warlord

I think they reached a point where they need a final crisis even to reboot all this mess
Then they would make Wolverine the first Marvel character period.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Wait, so Sabretooth was a member of both the first Avengers and the first X-Men?

laughing out loud

Sabretooth: The First Defender. Sabretooth solves the mystery of who founded the Fantastic Four, himself! Also featuring the never seen before back story Galactus First Class (staring Sabretooth as the original Galactus)

Newjak
Originally posted by StyleTime
laughing out loud

Then they would make Wolverine the first Marvel character period. "In the beginning there was.... WOLVERINE"

Now I need a picture of Wolverine's face coming out of an egg with a cigar hmm

Cogito
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/280x280/9860990.jpg

-K-M-
That Sabretooth sure is a fine hero.

basilisk
I knew Wolverine was founder of the X-Men. I knew it! I also knew that Magneto must have been a member of his first team, it all adds up.

All those little pieces of X-Men history on sticky-notes all over my walls connected by strings, they're all coming together now. Fist pump!

HueyFreeman
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=59734

no expression

No. Your ****in with me. How long before we find out Uncle Ben was the real first avenger?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Your ****in with me. How long before we find out Uncle Ben was the real first avenger?

Uncle Ben, member of the Howling Comando. Cofounder of the SHIELD.

This is happening next year!

Also, if this shit is canon, I stop reading X-Men, like I dropped Spider-Man after OMD shit.
Don't **** with continuity.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

like I dropped Spider-Man after OMD shit.

Your loss there because Spider-Man has been great lately.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Kazenji
Your loss there because Spider-Man has been great lately.

I so don't care. When they touch continuity, I get out of the boat. I don't care anymore.

Kazenji
no expression

-Pr-
I so don't care. When they touch continuity, I get out of the boat. I don't care anymore.

You must have stopped reading X-Men years ago, then.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by -Pr-
You must have stopped reading X-Men years ago, then.

I followed them, but I assure you that I'll stop that if this shit is canon.

srankmissingnin
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38761

Sounds like this monstrosity is Neal Adams' idea. Dude is a legendary artist... but I'll never understand why anyone lets him plot or write a story.

-Pr-
I followed them, but I assure you that I'll stop that if this shit is canon.

I just don't see how it's any different to any number of the shit they've made canon over the years when it shouldn't have been.

srankmissingnin
Whispers at Bouboumaster: Pr is still upset they turned Cyclops into a compelling character.

evil face

jinzin

Really, it's shit like this that turns people off from Wolverine. *facepalm* So true... all of it! SO true...

-Pr-
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Whispers at Bouboumaster: Pr is still upset they turned Cyclops into a compelling character.

evil face

If by compelling you mean shit, then sure.

jinzin
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Sabretooth: The First Defender. Sabretooth solves the mystery of who founded the Fantastic Four, himself! Also featuring the never seen before back story Galactus First Class (staring Sabretooth as the original Galactus) laughing out loud

Kazenji
First pages
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/comics/marvel_comics/news/?a=60058

emporerpants
Ok, I was reading this thread in utter shock at how retarded this concept is with my wife and then she saw abhi's sig picture and said "Look, even Superman is pissed about this!" Made me laugh.

abhilegend
Originally posted by emporerpants
Ok, I was reading this thread in utter shock at how retarded this concept is with my wife and then she saw abhi's sig picture and said "Look, even Superman is pissed about this!" Made me laugh.
laughing out loud
Glad to help.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.