movie 300 villains ( persians ) vs Act Of Valor Seals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lilshogun
Instead of King Leonidas and his 300 spartans. The SEAL Team Seven went to time in Thermopylae to destroy the Persian armadas. The Seals have unlimited weapons and tech at their disposal. Will the Persians fear their futurastic weapons?

Robtard
Nope.

Lestov16
I honestly tried to sit through Act of valor, but the acting was so horrible I just couldn't, so until I muster the courage to finish the film, I am ignorant of their feats

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
I honestly tried to sit through Act of valor, but the acting was so horrible I just couldn't, so until I muster the courage to finish the film, I am ignorant of their feats

Watched about 10 mins of an action scene, it was basically "America, F**K YEAH!".

KingD19
Well they weren't actors, they were actual Seals. Of course the acting was bad.

Lestov16
Originally posted by KingD19
Well they weren't actors, they were actual Seals. Of course the acting was bad.

This isn't a mission. It's a film. Just because they professionals at the occupation the film portrays doesn't mean they are qualified to portray it. The film industry has professionals of their own, called "actors/actresses". I really am not seeing how having real SEALs has any benefit.

BruceSkywalker
never saw act of valor, but they prolly win here

Darth Martin
There were like 7 Seals on that team. The Persian Army in the film consisted of hundreds of thousands of soldiers of different kinds from all over the earth.

The Seals would get pwned.

Placidity
Originally posted by lilshogun
The Seals have unlimited weapons and tech at their disposal.

Need to be more specific - what weapons and tech?

jinXed by JaNx
The Persians have no chance at all. The Seals team should be able to dispose of the entire 300, Persian soldiers within minutes.

KingD19
Even with nothing but full auto M4's and machine guns, barring a second or two for reloads, they mow them down by the score as they're all basically walking side by side. Add rockets and grenades and grenade launchers. Now if they don't have to reload...that's just sad.

Robtard
LoL, barrage of arrows kills them all, sure they take down thousands first.

qdDdHMwhU2s

Placidity
But they can just fight in the shade Rob

Robtard
Of course they could, until the arrows start landing, then they'll be dying in the shade.

KingD19
Get in their humvees.

Riot-Gear
Originally posted by Lestov16
This isn't a mission. It's a film. Just because they professionals at the occupation the film portrays doesn't mean they are qualified to portray it. The film industry has professionals of their own, called "actors/actresses". I really am not seeing how having real SEALs has any benefit.

Because the SEALs are going to be better at military oriented action stuff. Things like weapons handling and tactical movement etc.

Its stuff you can teach and actor, but they aren't going to have the years of experience/training and to its gonna show.

Its the same choice "martial arts" films are faced with. Hire an actor and hope they/the stunt men/the camera operators/editor can pull off the fight scenes or hire a fighter who may not be a particularly great actor, but is a sure thing in terms of fight/action scenes.

In dramas or story heavy films. It's usually the former and any failings the actor has in the action department are obscured by creative editing etc. On other the other hand in action films, where the action is the primary focus. Normally the latter is chosen so the action that people came to see isn't chopped to pieces in post production.

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Get in their humvees.

If they get mobile cover then they win this with ease.

If they are simply out in the open then they better run like crazy and gain the height advantage in an enclosed area. Infinite sniper and assualt weapons + grenades means huge advantage.

But the numbers are just too much. With Humvees they destroy.

lilshogun
The Seals have unlimited tech and weapons at their disposal. IMO, I would think the Persians facing against the Seals team from the future would percieve them as GODS like the STARGATE film not the series.

jinXed by JaNx
yeah, I really don't think the Persians would even try and instigate anything. They would be scurred.Seals use modern day music to intimidate and hologarms to create images of their gods. lol The marines win this war without killing anyone.

the ninjak
Have you guys seen the invisible cloak footage?

pc7c-K5xHQ0

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.