Thor vs Thanos-Hand to Hammer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Thor gets Mjolnir and can charge it with energy or throw it, but cannot use it for anything else (no weather control outside of lightning for hammer charge, no anti force, no other stuff that Thor seems to be able to pull out of his ass in a pinch)

Thanos can charge his fists but thats as far as his offensive powers will go. No shields either.

Pre avatar of death Thanos.

Who wins?

Go!

ares834
Thanos. His pimp hand is just too much.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Good fight, they've stalemated in their past close combat skirmishes but Thanos wins on average. That being said, Mjolnir definitely has the power to seriously rock Thanos and put him down, it could do the same to superior foes.

JakeTheBank
Thanos.

ozz81
Thor i reckon last time he nearly had him till thanos froze him..

quanchi112
Thanos.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Good fight, they've stalemated in their past close combat skirmishes but Thanos wins on average. That being said, Mjolnir definitely has the power to seriously rock Thanos and put him down, it could do the same to superior foes.

This. Even Bendis said Thanos isn't far more powerful than Thor.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
This. Even Bendis said Thanos isn't far more powerful than Thor.

Where did he say that?

Unless you're thinking of Breevort who said that Thanos shouldn't be able to easily one shot some of the Avengers in his opinion.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
This. Even Bendis said Thanos isn't far more powerful than Thor. The things the kids will say.

Badabing
Thor wins.

Horrificus
Thor- 6 out of 10

Bouboumaster
Thanos pimpslap Goldilock

Slaanesh
Thanos

quanchi112
A more fair thread would be Thanos' penis pitted against mjolnir. Oh hell who I am trying to fool Thanos' mighty penis destroys Thor's hammer.

NemeBro
You've really dropped the pretense and are basically just outing yourself as gay for Thanos, haven't you quan?

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
You've really dropped the pretense and are basically just outing yourself as gay for Thanos, haven't you quan? I'm Thanos you silly mule. It's proper to love yourself, goon.

NemeBro
... Ohhh, so you're like one of those serial killers, who attaches themselves to a target, then kills them, and wears their skin in an attempt to become them. I can see that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
... Ohhh, so you're like one of those serial killers, who attaches themselves to a target, then kills them, and wears their skin in an attempt to become them. I can see that. No, I am Thanos. You you're just a wandering soul with a pony fetish. That's bizarre. What I am doing is perfectly normal.

Nihilist
Thanos at least 7-8/10

Bouboumaster
Thanos absolutly ground Thor. Then, Thor call his papa, so we can have a real fight worth to watch.

Batman-Prime
Mjolnir

janus77
Thanos wins this easily.

Thanos could actually stand up to Odin (though not beat him, imo).

Greysen93
Thanos wins

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Mjolnir Are you and h1 roomies ?

abhilegend
Thanos 7/10.

Dream Stuff
Thanos stomps, just like he does in any version of this fight that doesnt include stips like "rune king," "warrior madness," or "power gem."

KuRuPT Thanosi
This has already been done.... Thor tried a strike with Mjolnir as Thanos was punching.... Mjolnir came to a dead stop on Thanos's fist

PillarofOsiris
This thread is just plain silly. When I saw the title, I was thinking, "there's probably some conditions that make this a fair fight", but there aren't. In a straight up fight, Thor is going down HARD. He needs all the tricks at his disposal to beat Thanos (godblasts, teleporting, etc.) and he would need to fight WAY out of character to have a chance against Thanos one on one.

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
He needs all the tricks at his disposal to beat Thanos (godblasts, teleporting, etc.) and he would need to fight WAY out of character to have a chance against Thanos one on one.

Even then, if Thor was controlled by a smart comic fan with a vivid imagination, I don't like his odds. Thanos is bizarrely immune to most esoteric powers (can't be blitzed, mind-screwed, easily transmuted, bfr'ed even into other planes of existence, nerve-struck, etc).

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Even then, if Thor was controlled by a smart comic fan with a vivid imagination, I don't like his odds. Thanos is bizarrely immune to most esoteric powers (can't be blitzed, mind-screwed, easily transmuted, bfr'ed even into other planes of existence, nerve-struck, etc).

I completely agree with you, but Thor has defeated some EXTREMELY powerful entities by pulling out some random tricks. But you're right, in no way will he ever get the majority against Thanos without some serious amping (Warrior's madness, power gem, belt of strength, something like that).

Mshinu
Spite. A more interesting question would be how many Thors it would take to put Thanos down under these conditions.

Sundipped
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I completely agree with you, but Thor has defeated some EXTREMELY powerful entities by pulling out some random tricks. But you're right, in no way will he ever get the majority against Thanos without some serious amping (Warrior's madness, power gem, belt of strength, something like that).

Funny thing is he was mad with the PG & still couldn't register a concrete win.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Sundipped
Funny thing is he was mad with the PG & still couldn't register a concrete win.

I think he might have been able to though. Again, not a majority.

h1a8
Sorry double post.

h1a8
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Mjolnir thumb up

Let's see. Thor can throw the hammer, Thanos can't use shields are anything else but punches.

Easy win for Thor.
Thor can just throw the hammer and have the hammer do all the work.
Thanos may can beat Thor but he can't beat Mjolnir

JakeTheBank
He can stop Mjolnir tosses with a gesture.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He can stop Mjolnir tosses with a gesture.

He's barred from anything but punches. No shields remember.

Dream Stuff
Eh, Thor is going to have a hard time staying out of Thanos' reach if he's constantly throwing his hammer. Thanos has the reflexes to evade it and the healing factor to block it with his hand, and they don't start very far apart. Once they start slugging it out, its over for Thor.

But hey, I'd say if Mjolnir were a sentient entity apart from Thor, it would fair better without him in most fights and probably win this one.

h1a8
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Eh, Thor is going to have a hard time staying out of Thanos' reach if he's constantly throwing his hammer. Thanos has the reflexes to evade it and the healing factor to block it with his hand, and they don't start very far apart. Once they start slugging it out, its over for Thor.

But hey, I'd say if Mjolnir were a sentient entity apart from Thor, it would fair better without him in most fights and probably win this one.

Thanos doesn't have the speed or reflexes to evade the hammer traveling at great speeds and with random motion. A baseball player that can hit a straight 90mph fastball will have a hard time hitting a 5mph random moving fly.

Thanos can't teleport so Thor can remain out of his way with ease. Also Thanos can't charge Thor without getting fcked up by the hammer in the process.

Horrificus
Seriously? Nobody can think of ANY times that Thor has pulled something insane out of his a$$?

Nobody can remember ANY fights where Thor used some sort of attack or strategy that would defeat Thanos?

Because, that is what you guys are saying.

Of course Thor gets mashed up for a while. That is what he usually does against the higher-ups.

Then, next thing you know, somebody is eating a mouthful of Mjolnir, or floating in space with cinder-burns, or Thor is inventing some new kind of "power" that is NOW the most powerful attack he has, etc.

Nobody has any memories of these things happening against enemies that were on the same level as Thanos?

Most of his fights start with him being an idiot and surviving because he is so durable. Then, when he realizes that he can't screw around, he breaks out the big-guns.

Every fight against a real threat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.