Gods of Egypt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
A upcoming movie from Alex Proyas

rudester
cool cant wait to see the previews... will it be a movie movie or a doc?

Robtard
Originally posted by rudester
will it be a movie movie or a doc?

"the story of a common thief and a god on a magical quest set amongst the pyramids and sphinxes."

marwash22
soooo, documentary? cool.

Patient_Leech
Man, what the f#ck? He was working on a version of Paradise Lost.. did he abandon the project? I've kind of lost faith in Alex Proyas, though, after Knowing, which sucked hardcore ass.

jinXed by JaNx
lmao yeah, knowing, was balls lol

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Man, what the f#ck? He was working on a version of Paradise Lost.. did he abandon the project?

Apparently went over estimated budget & studio dropped the project.

Kazenji
Need more movies set in Egypt that features the gods, Got plenty of movies set around Greek Mythology.

Esau Cairn
You know the dung beetle was worshipped as a God in Egypt?

I wonder which actor would play him?

Placidity
It is actually the working title for Black Adam...

Patient_Leech
Oh, good lord, this is the first I've heard of this. I was wondering what Alex Proyas was up to since his adaptation of Paradise Lost fell through...

It looks kind of horrible and fun at the same time...

ZTgzZe3T4Qk

Esau Cairn
"Run?"

"We mortals do it all the time!"

Ha ha ha

At least it looks slightly more entertaining than the Clash/Titans remakes.

Robtard
Watching that preview, I can only conclude that this is going to tongue-punch unwashed ass, hard, so hard.

Mindset
I'm just glad they made the gods white.

Kazenji
Wonder if people are going to complain about this movie, Like they did with Exodus: Gods and Kings about not casting Egyptian actors.

Mindset
Probably as much as people complained about Johnny Storm.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm just glad they made the gods white. thumb up

Patient_Leech
^ Buncha racist bastards in here.. erm

ares834
This looks so awful.... sad

Such a shame since I think Proyas is rather talented.

Mindset
^ Buncha racist bastards in here.. erm Say that to my face.

quanchi112
^ Buncha racist bastards in here.. erm So was Voldemort and look at the greatness he achieved.

Kazenji
Chadwick Boseman weighs in on the Gods of Egypt casting controversy

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/chadwick-boseman-weighs-in-on-the-gods-of-egypt-casting-controversy-105

CPT Space Bomb
I knew when I saw they cast white people as the leads, that there would be a shit storm...lol Social media....if this movie were made 15 years ago it wouldn't have caused near the uproar.

Kazenji
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I knew when I saw they cast white people as the leads, that there would be a shit storm...lol Social media....if this movie were made 15 years ago it wouldn't have caused near the uproar.

Pretty much thumb up

they made heaps of these types of movies back then.

Mindset
People always complained about it, you guys probably just didn't care or pay attention.

It's funny that the same people who think this isn't a big deal were butthurt over a black Johnny Storm though.

Kazenji
People always complained about it, you guys probably just didn't care or pay attention.

No shit, I wasn't around in the 1950's

CPT Space Bomb

It's funny that the same people who think this isn't a big deal were butthurt over a black Johnny Storm though. You're presuming to know what I think? When I saw the trailer I knew it was a mistake to cast white leads. Did I think social media would explode like it did? Not necessarily. But I'm not mad that it did. I do think it should have been more accurately portrayed.

Point is, I am mad about Black Johny Storm because I cared about his character. Egyptian Gods were never something I particularly cared about, so I wasn't as butthurt. That's how it works. If I was Egyptian I'm sure I'd be way more pissed off about it.

Mindset
Originally posted by Kazenji
No shit, I wasn't around in the 1950's 1950s wasn't 15 years ago, champ. Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
You're presuming to know what I think? When I saw the trailer I knew it was a mistake to cast white leads. Did I think social media would explode like it did? Not necessarily. But I'm not mad that it did. I do think it should have been more accurately portrayed.

Point is, I am mad about Black Johny Storm because I cared about his character. Egyptian Gods were never something I particularly cared about, so I wasn't as butthurt. That's how it works. If I was Egyptian I'm sure I'd be way more pissed off about it. I wasn't talking about you. thumb up

KingD19
Do we really consider being white part of Johnny's character? His character is a douchebag jock who takes full advantage of his powers and celebrity status they bring him. And is an absolute terror to his brother in law's best friend, treating him like less than a person most of the time while playing it off as joking.

He's just white because of the time period he was created in , considering that character type doesn't really have a race. He could be any color and still be Johnny Storm. Now if they turned Black Panther white, that would mess with his character as he's the ruler of a traditional African nation.

CPT Space Bomb
I wasn't talking about you. thumb up My bad then. Originally posted by KingD19
Do we really consider being white part of Johnny's character? His character is a douchebag jock who takes full advantage of his powers and celebrity status they bring him. And is an absolute terror to his brother in law's best friend, treating him like less than a person most of the time while playing it off as joking.

He's just white because of the time period he was created in , considering that character type doesn't really have a race. He could be any color and still be Johnny Storm. Now if they turned Black Panther white, that would mess with his character as he's the ruler of a traditional African nation. You're right, being white has nothing to do with history or personality or pride; or subsequently part of who someone is. I'm sorry, but you saying that you can't turn black people white but can turn white people black is hypocritical. YES, it's unfortunate that there weren't more diverse characters originally, but times are changing. Also, it's a slap in the face to minorities to not be given their OWN characters; instead of just being handed a character that's been around forever. Blue Marvel is a great example. We need more characters like that. Black Panther is a step in the right direction; but we need more characters like that. Not just a lazy re-skin to pander to the ignorant masses.

Mindset
Some black characters can be made a different race, but usually people have a problem with it because there are so few that it seems like an insult. With other black characters, race is an integral part of their characterization, like Black Panther and Luke Cage.

KingD19
I never said you can turn a white > black but not vice versa. I said in a specific example, ie Johnny Storm. Turning him black didn't take anything away from him, as being Caucasian has nothing to do with who Johnny Storm is. I then said Black Panther is an example where race is just as important to the character as their personality, as he is an African Prince. You can't just change the prince of a massive tribal African nation to a white guy and call them the same.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by KingD19
Turning him black didn't take anything away from him, as being Caucasian has nothing to do with who Johnny Storm is. It's this line of thinking that is stupid and hypocritical. It takes NOTHING away from him? He's White. He's been white. His sister is white. His entire histroy as a character is white. Basically you're like, "**** his fans, they won't care, because PC". You're being hypocritical and you don't even realize it. It's pretty funny actually. You're basically saying white people don't have souls, or personality, or any history; but black people do. You realize how dumb that sounds? AND AGAIN, I'm all for racial diversity in comics, and everything else. I'm just IN FAVOR of realistically portraying characters that have 40+ years of history. The Gods of Egypt thing is gaining alot of ground, as was black human torch. There is a reason people are outraged for both. Do the math.

ares834
The Egyptians being white is the least of the problems in this abomination of a trailer...

Kazenji
1950s wasn't 15 years ago, champ. I wasn't talking about you. thumb up

Still alot of this kinda stuff happened back then and no one made a big fuss

The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, They got an American to play a Arab.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by ares834
The Egyptians being white is the least of the problems in this abomination of a trailer... For once we agree.

Patient_Leech
This was the best movie of 2016. I wonder why it's not nominated.

Racist Academy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.