Thanos runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheMask
1. Silver Surfer from Annihilation blood lusted
2. Morg with waters of life
3. All the heralds at once
4. Annihlus with the bands
5. Mangog
6. Odin at his peak when he was destroying galaxies
7. Tyrant the strongest of Galactus heralds.
8. Annihilation Galactus
9. Lucifer Morningstar.

How far does he get, or does he clear it?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheMask
5. Mangog
8. Annihilation Galactus
9. Lucifer Morningstar.

Number 2 beats Thanos 6/10...IMHO.

janus77
Stops at #1.

Surfer in Annihilation was freakin' awesome.

Hulkbuster1
Originally posted by janus77
Stops at #1.

Surfer in Annihilation was freakin' awesome.

thumb up yes love

TheMask
Anyone else wanna comment?

Bouboumaster
Stop at 6

Bouboumaster
Oh wait, it's Thanos!

He clears!

carver9
Thanos clears it with and record the entire thing so that him and Lady Death can watch it later that day HD.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by carver9
Thanos clears it with and record the entire thing so that him and Lady Death can watch it later that day HD.

laughing

TheMask
Tries not to have a brain bleed due to the fanboyism. Please tell me your joking Carver9.

TheMask
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Oh wait, it's Thanos!

He clears!

How does he clear it. I your being sarcastic. big grin

JakeTheBank
Should stop at three if its everyone who's ever been a herald in 616 continuity.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Should stop at three if its everyone who's ever been a herald in 616 continuity.
This ^

Otherwise 5/6

TheMask
Its mostly the main heralds like Nova, SS, Morg, Terrax, the well known ones, not Tyrant, or the fallen one.

Nihilist

Rage.Of.Olympus
Stops at 3.

abhilegend
Stops at 3.

TheTyrant
Probably 6.

BullwinkleMoose
Thanos has No Chance of Clearing #3.

The KMC Tier Rankings has Swamp Thing as a Hearld. Thanos is not even beating Swamp Thing 1 vs 1, much less Swamp Thing with help from 100+ Heralds, including Speed Stealing Flashes, Void, etc

TheMask
This isnt DC heralds, and its only the most well known heralds.

Batman-Prime

Stoic
2 maybe 3.

AlmightyKfish
Likely to stop at 3

TheLordofMurder
Well...we know one thing for certain:

Quanchi believes that Thanos cant clear this gauntlet! smile

Normally threads with Thanos's name in it attract him like a fly to s**t, and I have no doubt that he's seen this thread; his silence is a clear indication that Quanchi feels that Thanos has no possibility whatsoever of clearing this gauntlet...

Happy Dance

Colossus-Big C
does the heralds The High Evolutionary Created with galactus' power counts?

such as the seeker, and that other one.

Nihilist
laughing out loud at anyone thinking Galactus regular heralds beating Thanos, when Surfer is the big gun of the lot

TheMask
Only Galactus Heralds are counted

quanchi112
Clears it.

BullwinkleMoose
Originally posted by quanchi112
Clears it.

LOL, Thanos couldn't clear this Gauntlet even if it was Thanos + Death vs Gauntlet

Utrigita
Probably stops at 3.

vince_slice
Only Galactus Heralds are counted
Can you list them?

JakeTheBank
Surfer, Firelord, Nova, Terrax, Stardust, Destroyer Armor, Invisible Man (Johnny Storm), Red Shift, Morg, Air-Walker...

I didn't count Fallen One or Tyrant, either.

Utrigita
Surfer, Firelord, Nova, Terrax, Stardust, Destroyer Armor, Invisible Man (Johnny Storm), Red Shift, Morg, Air-Walker...

I didn't count Fallen One or Tyrant, either.

The Fallen one is technically Galactus herald, his very first herald.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Utrigita
The Fallen one is technically Galactus herald.

I know, but people seem to look at Fallen One and Tyrant as not your "average" heralds, which is why I omitted them just for argument's sake.

Even without them, that's an insane list to beat on your own.

Utrigita
I know, but people seem to look at Fallen One and Tyrant as not your "average" heralds, which is why I omitted them just for argument's sake.

Even without them, that's an insane list to beat on your own.

Ahh kk.

Sr J-Bieb

Even without them, that's an insane list to beat on your own. It's an even more insane list when you add in people who were heralds for a single arc.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
It's an even more insane list when you add in people who were heralds for a single arc.

True.

I just listed people who were classified as Heralds of Galactus in the 616 continuity. Not sure if I missed any.

In any case, it's up to the OP's discretion as far as who "counts" in his eyes or whatnot.

TheLordofMurder
Clears it.

laughing out loud

You dont even believe that; you just responded because I noticed you hadnt posted on this thread even though you've seen it before your above post...

Thanos has no prayer of clearing this gauntlet; like was stated earlier, Thanos and Death together couldnt clear this gauntlet...

Sr J-Bieb
I'm with Quan. Clears it

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
I'm with Quan. Clears it

laughing out loud

You dont believe that either...

wink

Happy Dance

TheMask
The list of heralds is probably heralds features in annihilation set Nova is part of the list even though she's not part of Annihilation though. Johnny Storm is not part of the Heralds list. I guess the offiical list should be

Nova, Air Walker, Morg, Redshift, SS, Firelord, and Terrax. All at once vs Thanos.

TheMask
Clears it.

Ok quanchi please tells us how he clears it. Tell us how he defeats Lucifer Morningstar, with NO PREP what so ever. How does he even scratch him when a blast of multiversal energy couldnt

. How does he stand up to Odin when Odin can destroy galaxies. How does he stand up to

Tyrant who was almost as powrful as Galactus. Galactus said if they fought it would wreck the galaxy or something like that if i can remember it properly.

I can see him getting past the heralds, BUT he has been hurt by black holes. Which SS was making during annihilation.

quanchi112
Ok quanchi please tells us how he clears it. Tell us how he defeats Lucifer Morningstar, with NO PREP what so ever. How does he even scratch him when a blast of multiversal energy couldnt

. How does he stand up to Odin when Odin can destroy galaxies. How does he stand up to

Tyrant who was almost as powrful as Galactus. Galactus said if they fought it would wreck the galaxy or something like that if i can remember it properly.

I can see him getting past the heralds, BUT he has been hurt by black holes. Which SS was making during annihilation. He'd simply crush Lucifer. Lucifer outsmarted most of his opponents he wasn't known for his combat prowess.

Thanos already stood up to Odin before. He's tanked ig level blasts before.

Thanos is immune to death and vested with her power. He kills every single foe who stands before him here. Lucifer also shouldn't beat at the end. He should be near the beginning.

TheMask
LOL you heard it here folks. Lucifer is not a multiversal being, and is a weak loser compared to thanos according to quanchi. LOL Also he should be below odin.

Um he scared death quanchi, when death tried coming for him he scared her, and she didnt want any part of him.

zopzop
Um he scared death quanchi, when death tried coming for him he scared her, and she didnt want any part of him.

Vertigo Death != Marvel Death. At all.

TheMask
since when was death in marvel ever that powerful? She was made a fool of by the grandmaster and other lower level beings wasnt she?

leonidas
the heralds should stop him if they aren't jobbing.

zopzop
since when was death in marvel ever that powerful? She was made a fool of by the grandmaster and other lower level beings wasnt she?

I forgot how the Grandmaster thing went down. But what other "lower level beings" are you referring to?

TheMask
Originally posted by leonidas
the heralds should stop him if they aren't jobbing.

How if Lucifer cant stop him? roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

quanchi112
LOL you heard it here folks. Lucifer is not a multiversal being, and is a weak loser compared to thanos according to quanchi. LOL Also he should be below odin.

Um he scared death quanchi, when death tried coming for him he scared her, and she didnt want any part of him. You clearly didn't read the series and don't understand what a controlled detonation means. Thanos clears it.

TheMask
I read it my friend. He used Micheal as a shield so that heaven had to quite its onslaught on him and earth. Stop making stuff up. He then detonated Micheal and didnt get a tan. THen you say oh he did it and he controlled the energy and thats why it didnt hurt him blah blah blah please stop making stuff up and twisting things to suit yourself

quanchi112
I read it my friend. He used Micheal as a shield so that heaven had to quite its onslaught on him and earth. Stop making stuff up. He then detonated Micheal and didnt get a tan. THen you say oh he did it and he controlled the energy and thats why it didnt hurt him blah blah blah please stop making stuff up and twisting things to suit yourself He controlled the detonation. He also controlled the energies designed to create. That's what happened and this won't save him from mighty Thanos.

TheMask
Where does it say he controlled the detonation give us a scan. And even if he controlled it who cares. Yes mighty thanos becomes a puddle get over it. Not even reaching Lucifer Morningstar he dies at Odin.

quanchi112
Where does it say he controlled the detonation give us a scan. And even if he controlled it who cares. Yes mighty thanos becomes a puddle get over it. Not even reaching Lucifer Morningstar he dies at Odin. If you don't know the comic clearly says controlled detonation then you didn't read it.

TheMask
Yeah as usual you say something with no proof. I did read it. So SHOW me. In fact show all of us were it says that cause alot of people dont believe you.

Your out of your mind i mean look at your avatar? Naked thanos? wow your a sick sick little boy.

quanchi112
Yeah as usual you say something with no proof. I did read it. So SHOW me. In fact show all of us were it says that cause alot of people dont believe you.

Your out of your mind i mean look at your avatar? Naked thanos? wow your a sick sick little boy. I am not going to the hassle of posting a scan from a comic you've clearly never read before.

TheMask
Yeah cause you know it proves you wrong. You dont wanna prove me AND others wrong cause you cant. So shut up mr naked thanos lol disgusting.

quanchi112
Yeah cause you know it proves you wrong. You dont wanna prove me AND others wrong cause you cant. So shut up mr naked thanos lol disgusting. You didn't read the series. It's fine. We're all aware.

Utrigita
The list of heralds is probably heralds features in annihilation set Nova is part of the list even though she's not part of Annihilation though. Johnny Storm is not part of the Heralds list. I guess the offiical list should be

Nova, Air Walker, Morg, Redshift, SS, Firelord, and Terrax. All at once vs Thanos.

Stardust, Praeter and The Destroyer?

DickBlazer
Gets to 7

TheMask
Post the scans quanchi you havent told us how Lucifer clears this at all as usual.

quanchi112
Post the scans quanchi you havent told us how Lucifer clears this at all as usual. If you aren't aware it was a controlled detonation then you aren't aware of Lucifer. Surprise.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Vertigo Death != Marvel Death. At all.

Doesnt matter...

Given Lucifers feats (especially his durability), 616 Death aint doing nothing to him....much less Thanos.

Thanos cant win here...

TheMask
If you arent aware your a perverted little sicko just look at your own avatar. Suprise.

POST SCANS AND SHUT UP.

Zack Fair
LoL@this threadQ

Quan WTF?

Hyperion Prime
5. Mangog
8. Annihilation Galactus
9. Lucifer Morningstar.

Stops at 5.

Hyperion Prime

Destroyer was a herald too wink

Dream Stuff
he wasn't known for his combat prowess.

This is literally the least true thing I have ever read here.

Dream Stuff
He controlled the detonation. He also controlled the energies designed to create. That's what happened and this won't save him from mighty Thanos.

So, either its a straight durability feat and Thanos can't hurt him...

Or its a multiversal-level matter and energy manipulation feat done with a wave of his hand. Do you really think that bodes any better for Thanos?

Eon Blue
Quanch is stupid.

Endless Mike
The Thanos wank here is getting ridiculous

Nihilist
Originally posted by Endless Mike
The Thanos wank here is getting ridiculous What wank would that be then?

Endless Mike
You know very well

Nihilist
You know very well No, tell me

Endless Mike
If you can't figure it out on your own, you're hopeless

Nihilist
If you can't figure it out on your own, you're hopeless So you cant then,k.

Zack Fair
I suppose Thanos can take on God.

Endless Mike
Not my fault you're oblivious to the obvious

TheLordofMurder
The Thanos wank here is getting ridiculous

"Getting" ridiculous!?

Its been utterly ridiculous for a long, long, time...

Quanchi once tried to argue that Thanos beats pre-retcon Molecule Man because hes the Avatar of Death...

The Thanos zealots here will defend Thanos with greater tenacity than they would their own mothers...

Nihilist
Not my fault you're oblivious to the obvious Its not my fault your to scared to say, dont know why.

Endless Mike
It would like be pointing out that the sky is blue - if you can't see it yourself you never will

Nihilist
It would like be pointing out that the sky is blue - if you can't see it yourself you never will What are you scared of?

Endless Mike
Living in a world with people who can't see the obvious, that's what

Nihilist
Living in a world with people who can't see the obvious, that's what If its that obvious, you wont have any trouble pointing it out then will you.

Endless Mike
I could but if you can't see it yourself, you wouldn't see it even if I rubbed your face in it like a puppy who wet the carpet

Nihilist
I could but if you can't see it yourself, you wouldn't see it even if I rubbed your face in it like a puppy who wet the carpet Try me, and we'll go from there.

Endless Mike
No point

Nihilist
No point No point as in you didnt really have one?

Endless Mike
No, no point in telling you because you wouldn't see it

Nihilist
No, no point in telling you because you wouldn't see it If you post it, it will be easy to see

Endless Mike
Why don't you just look really hard right now? You might see it

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
This is literally the least true thing I have ever read here. It's completely true. Lucy tries to outsmart people he isn't known for combat.Originally posted by Dream Stuff
So, either its a straight durability feat and Thanos can't hurt him...

Or its a multiversal-level matter and energy manipulation feat done with a wave of his hand. Do you really think that bodes any better for Thanos? Less in his series hurt him. The fact it was the energy used to create and the fact it was a controlled detonation had something to do with it.

Lucifer isn't controlling Thanos nor does he have one sided prep to pull the feat off. LOL.Originally posted by Eon Blue
Quanch is stupid. You're an unknown. You're not worthy.

TheMask
Worthy of what? Talking down to a moron like you?

He was hurt by less such as what? Give examples. As usual you cant give examples, post scans or anything. Your pathetic quanchi.

quanchi112
Worthy of what? Talking down to a moron like you?

He was hurt by less such as what? Give examples. As usual you cant give examples, post scans or anything. Your pathetic quanchi. Fenris speared him to the ground. He needed to escape. This battle happened in heaven. Lucifer usually had help and skirted the rules to outwit the fools in his own series. Thanos is smarter than he is and more powerful. Thanos' universe is filled to the brim with scary characters unlike Lucifer's universe.

TheMask
Does it really matter if thanos is smarter? Is this a fight with prep? no it isnt so who cares if he's smarter. LOL it doesnt matter. Oh yeah being hurt by fenris is so bad cause Fenris is so weak Your so silly and lame. What rules? WHo cares if he skirted the rules? This isnt a game of chess. Like i said this isnt a prep fight so prep and smarts dont matter worth a damn now do they?

Yeah fenris isnt scary. A universe were beings that can eat the host of heaven isnt scary. Yeah your totally wrong as usual. You never read the series stop lieing.

quanchi112
Does it really matter if thanos is smarter? Is this a fight with prep? no it isnt so who cares if he's smarter. LOL it doesnt matter. Oh yeah being hurt by fenris is so bad cause Fenris is so weak Your so silly and lame. What rules? WHo cares if he skirted the rules? This isnt a game of chess. Like i said this isnt a prep fight so prep and smarts dont matter worth a damn now do they?

Yeah fenris isnt scary. A universe were beings that can eat the host of heaven isnt scary. Yeah your totally wrong as usual. You never read the series stop lieing. You asked for an example I provided one. I read the series.

Thanos wouldn't fall victim to his wit. Thanos has outwitted those who came into his path.

Fenris only posed a problem because the supreme being left the reality so it was vulnerable. You really need to read the series.

TheMask
I did read the series jack ass. You need to read the rules to this thread. There is no prep time thus your silly thanos is smarter crap doesnt mean anything.

Secondly Fenris would crush thanos since he actually posed a thread to the world tree which thanos doesnt do unless he has a artifact like the IG.

TheMask
Lucifer isnt even in this battle cause Thanos dies at odin Probably mangog actually

Dream Stuff
Fenris speared him to the ground. He needed to escape. This battle happened in heaven. Lucifer usually had help and skirted the rules to outwit the fools in his own series. Thanos is smarter than he is and more powerful. Thanos' universe is filled to the brim with scary characters unlike Lucifer's universe.

This is where it benefits you to read comics, not just look at out of context scans.

A) Lucifer underpowered when the spear hit him. His power had long been fading away, as was everything else in creation closely tied to the absent God. The fact that he was suddenly vulnerable was a big deal.

B) Even so, he let the spear wound him. He wanted to fool his enemies into thinking he was depowered even more than he was. He succeeded, of course.

C) contrary to poPular belief, he doesn't outwit most of his enemies. The reason he doesn't have more fights is because his enemies (giants, gods, high-level reality warpers, angel-eating monsters, etc), upon seeing him face to face, rightly bow down and beg for their lives.

D) he is smarter than Thanos

quanchi112
I did read the series jack ass. You need to read the rules to this thread. There is no prep time thus your silly thanos is smarter crap doesnt mean anything.

Secondly Fenris would crush thanos since he actually posed a thread to the world tree which thanos doesnt do unless he has a artifact like the IG. I merely went into the fact why Lucifer got away with what he got away with and why I wouldn't see that occurring to Thanos.Originally posted by Dream Stuff
This is where it benefits you to read comics, not just look at out of context scans.

A) Lucifer underpowered when the spear hit him. His power had long been fading away, as was everything else in creation closely tied to the absent God. The fact that he was suddenly vulnerable was a big deal.

B) Even so, he let the spear wound him. He wanted to fool his enemies into thinking he was depowered even more than he was. He succeeded, of course.

C) contrary to poPular belief, he doesn't outwit most of his enemies. The reason he doesn't have more fights is because his enemies (giants, gods, high-level reality warpers, angel-eating monsters, etc), upon seeing him face to face, rightly bow down and beg for their lives.

D) he is smarter than Thanos

1.a) I read the series. I do realize Fenris was at his best while Lucifer was not. You do bring up a valid point. Lucifer is weakened outside the Presence's power. Thus he's weakened in a neutral thread.

b)That's false. The only thing Lucifer successfully accomplished was goading fenris into close quarters combat. That's when he beat him.

c)That's false. He was bested in his own comic. You're exaggerating his opponents. Michael easily bested Lucifer while Sandolphon defeated Michael in battle.

Lucifer is very beatable and like you said weaker outside the Presence's power.

Mindset
Thanos clears it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Thanos clears it. Kneel and let me dub my loyal knight. It pleases me to dub you Sir Mindset of the Knights of Righteous Thanos.

Rise.

TheMask
Thanos clears it.

Your now quanchies ***** you must be proud

TheMask
I merely went into the fact why Lucifer got away with what he got away with and why I wouldn't see that occurring to Thanos.

1.a) I read the series. I do realize Fenris was at his best while Lucifer was not. You do bring up a valid point. Lucifer is weakened outside the Presence's power. Thus he's weakened in a neutral thread.

b)That's false. The only thing Lucifer successfully accomplished was goading fenris into close quarters combat. That's when he beat him.

c)That's false. He was bested in his own comic. You're exaggerating his opponents. Michael easily bested Lucifer while Sandolphon defeated Michael in battle.

Lucifer is very beatable and like you said weaker outside the Presence's power.

Why do it seem that everything you said it bullshit, Its true i havent read Lucifer in years. I read it ONCE.

Mindset
Stop posting and get back to sucking my dick.

quanchi112
Why do it seem that everything you said it bullshit, Its true i havent read Lucifer in years. I read it ONCE. I read it once years ago too but I still remember this stuff. My mind is sharp.

TheMask
Obviously not to sharp since your a sad fanboy and cause you make up lies about Lucifer Morningstar.

quanchi112
Obviously not to sharp since your a sad fanboy and cause you make up lies about Lucifer Morningstar. What have I lied about ?

TheMask
That he controlled the explosion to protect himself. He also molded the entire multiverse, including the suns, the planets, time, physics.

You lied about fenris being a weak character. You lied about him being less smart then thanos, He was depowered and yet outsmarted gods. Lucifer i mean.

Your a liar in every shape and form.

When he was destroyed and death tried to come for him did death succed? Thus Lucifer is beyond death. The place were angels go to die was not strong enough for Lucifers presance and was destroyed when he was there. You forgot that too all those years ago. LOL LIAR

quanchi112
That he controlled the explosion to protect himself. He also molded the entire multiverse, including the suns, the planets, time, physics.

You lied about fenris being a weak character. You lied about him being less smart then thanos, He was depowered and yet outsmarted gods. Lucifer i mean.

Your a liar in every shape and form.

When he was destroyed and death tried to come for him did death succed? Thus Lucifer is beyond death. The place were angels go to die was not strong enough for Lucifers presance and was destroyed when he was there. You forgot that too all those years ago. LOL LIAR He controlled the detonation and then used the energy to create due to this. That's accurate.

Fenris wasn't entirely weak. Fenris was my favorite character from his series by far. Thanos imo is far smarter and goes up against far more than Lucifer.

Lucifer isn't stronger than marvel's death or even death itself.

TheMask
Yeah cause Death is so great she got made a fool of by people like grandmaster, and other weak beings wow im so impressed by her. As usual you say shit that is pointless. Where does it ever show DC death being weak. Its not really the point though is it? Lucifer is beyond death and thus the fight is His cause he is way stronger then Thanos.

But you admitted to Odins galaxy busting powers in another thread thus he stops at Odin thank you.

quanchi112
Yeah cause Death is so great she got made a fool of by people like grandmaster, and other weak beings wow im so impressed by her. As usual you say shit that is pointless. Where does it ever show DC death being weak. Its not really the point though is it? Lucifer is beyond death and thus the fight is His cause he is way stronger then Thanos.

But you admitted to Odins galaxy busting powers in another thread thus he stops at Odin thank you. Dc's death isn't marvel's death. It's like saying all death gods are created equal.

Thanos has resisted far greater and Odin himself on panel.

TheMask
yeah like when he got put to sleep by the cosmic cube, or when he got his ass handed to him by galactus which sad feat do you prefer? Lol LOOK AT ME IM THANOS IM IN LOVE WITH DEATH WHO REJECTS ME CONSTANTLY Maybe you can be his ***** quanchi and comfort him.

quanchi112
yeah like when he got put to sleep by the cosmic cube, or when he got his ass handed to him by galactus which sad feat do you prefer? Lol LOOK AT ME IM THANOS IM IN LOVE WITH DEATH WHO REJECTS ME CONSTANTLY Maybe you can be his ***** quanchi and comfort him. The cc never put him to sleep on his own. It's also capable of universal power while Fenris is not.

You need to get a hold of yourself.

Dream Stuff
I read it once years ago too but I still remember this stuff. My mind is sharp.

Your mind is not as sharp as you think. I've read the series several times and a recently as last summer. I can say with certainty that nearly everything you've claimed about it is a misrepresentation. I literally assume you have just read the Wikipedia article.

As soon as I get to a computer, I'll do the work of setting you straight.

quanchi112
Your mind is not as sharp as you think. I've read the series several times and a recently as last summer. I can say with certainty that nearly everything you've claimed about it is a misrepresentation. I literally assume you have just read the Wikipedia article.

As soon as I get to a computer, I'll do the work of setting you straight. Please do so. I did read the entire series. It's been years and unlike most I don't search through respect threads or wikipedia.

Once you begin posting scans I will put in my hard drive and destroy you. Your suffering will be legendary even in kmc.

Dream Stuff

quanchi112
Logging out to play tennis. I will open you up after I get back sometime today.

Dream Stuff
He controlled the detonation and then used the energy to create due to this.

This is a good theory, but it's still only a theory. Nothing on the page explicitly contradicts the assumption that he simply endured the mulitiverse-level blast.

In fact, the words "controlled detonation" were only used once, by Michael. The expression refers to a method to limit the damage done by an explosive, including by simply isolating it from anything that could get hurt. Since Michael was killed in the void outside creation, it was literally a controlled detonation. That does not imply that the blast was lessened, nor that Lucifer protected himself by using the energy.

In fact, there is some evidence to suggest otherwise. The only other time something like that happens is when Elaine Belloc repeats the feat at Yggdrasil. Elaine has to draw the power into herself, even explicitly use it to protect herself. (Lucifer: "The power is pouring into you. And you're too small. It needs to well up from inside you. Then you'd have some chance of surviving it."wink SHe manages to just barely do it, and thus the explosion is prevented.

Compare that to when Lucifer did it. There was a massive, immediate explosion right in his face. He did not appear to take any power into himself, he simply set it loose. The difference is clear.

But like I said, whether he has multiverse-level durability or multiverse-level energy manipulation, the feat still puts him way, way, way out of Thanos' league.

TheMask
Stop posting and get back to sucking my dick.

who you talking to exactly?

quanchi112
This is a good theory, but it's still only a theory. Nothing on the page explicitly contradicts the assumption that he simply endured the mulitiverse-level blast.

In fact, the words "controlled detonation" were only used once, by Michael. The expression refers to a method to limit the damage done by an explosive, including by simply isolating it from anything that could get hurt. Since Michael was killed in the void outside creation, it was literally a controlled detonation. That does not imply that the blast was lessened, nor that Lucifer protected himself by using the energy.

In fact, there is some evidence to suggest otherwise. The only other time something like that happens is when Elaine Belloc repeats the feat at Yggdrasil. Elaine has to draw the power into herself, even explicitly use it to protect herself. (Lucifer: "The power is pouring into you. And you're too small. It needs to well up from inside you. Then you'd have some chance of surviving it."wink SHe manages to just barely do it, and thus the explosion is prevented.

Compare that to when Lucifer did it. There was a massive, immediate explosion right in his face. He did not appear to take any power into himself, he simply set it loose. The difference is clear.

But like I said, whether he has multiverse-level durability or multiverse-level energy manipulation, the feat still puts him way, way, way out of Thanos' league. Oh maybe since we saw Elaine Belloc fail to just tank it. Lucifer like Michael and Elaine have the goods to reshape reality. It's what they all have the ability to do.

Elaine unlike Michael learned on the fly through Lucifer's help since he knows exactly how to do so. It isn't a durability deat it's a manipulation of the power being unleashed which is designed to create sort of thing. Like I said. My memory is sharp.

You apparently rereading it multiple times means I understood it on one fell swoop.

The feat isn't indicative of what he's capable of taking or what it takes to hurt him in battle. It's horrendous debating to assume every character who posed a threat had superior power than the blast except the blast was controlled by him through one sided prep.

Lucifer knew exactly what was going to happen and when. he didn't just react instinctively he planned on doing so.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Lucifershowsher1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Lucifershowsher1b.jpg

She eventually manipulates the energy despite it almost overwhelming her.

I will now show you the same exact thing done by Thanos and watch you clearly distance yourself from the same logic exposing your hypocrisy and further demonstrating your ineptitude in debating in said manner.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Thanosabsorbs1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Thanosabsorbs1b.jpg

Now for one thing Thanos doesn't have the luxury of having intimate knowledge of Michael as in Lucifer's case the power to create rests with his own brother. Thanos has to theorize and use his best judgment since he wasn't created by the supreme being with infinite will and doesn't have the luxury of being Michael's brother. Thanos still masters said supreme power. This doesn't mean he can't be hurt by less. The same can be said of Lucifer. If you actually understand what he did, the prep he had, and the knowledge of Michael who just happened to be his own brother then it's no surprise that he accomplished this.

That doesn't excuse anyone who thinks he can tank anything other than multiversal level power like a fanboy.

In the near future I am so confident about this I would actually see you in a battlezone donning the Thanos suit one final time against Lucifer. Straight up. When I have an opinion it isn't just to shock the masses it's because I believe it and am more than willing to prove it.

Dream Stuff
Elaine unlike Michael learned on the fly through Lucifer's help since he knows exactly how to do so.

This isn't the most important thing to the issue, but since you made this claim, I do want to point out that Lucifer actually doesn't know exactly how to what Elaine does.
Elaine (trying to survive the power): "How--How do I--?"
Lucifer: "I have no idea. You're the demiurge. Perhaps it comes down to instinct."

I've read it multiple times because I like the writing.

A) No character with less power than Michael EVER posed a threat to Lucifer in a straight fight. The only time he was ever in physical danger was against powerful opponents with massive one-sided prep spanning years, and against Michael. So, yes, its safe to say you need multiverse-level power to fight in that league.

B) Lucifer didn't do any prep. Show me in the comic where he prepped or mentioned doing so, if you think I'm wrong. Show me where he mentions controlling the blast, if you think I'm wrong.

I love that Thanos feat. It's a great demonstration of his willpower. Of course, the power instantly destroys his body, as he admits. I agree that this is similar to the Elaine feat. (Btw, even when Elaine's body is nearly destroyed and the power surrounds her, Lucifer's body has sustained no further damage)

The problem, Quan, is that the Elaine feat isn't similar to the Lucifer feat, for reasons that are right there on the page. Elaine took the power as her own. Lucifer did not. Lucifer had the full explosion go off in his face. Elaine did not. Thanos' feat has nothing to do with Lucifer's feat except that you assume they are connected by your unproven theory.

Look, I don't want to keep going in circles on this: the fact is that I like your theory. I had it myself maybe 5 years ago. The fact is, there's just no evidence for it. Lucifer's fullpower durability is never scratched and his "fire" operates on at least a universal-level by feats. Thus, the idea that he could tank something like that not unreasonable, and is the only thing we can actually show to happen. Everything else is hypothetical. Period.

I'm not sure what a battlezone is.

quanchi112
This isn't the most important thing to the issue, but since you made this claim, I do want to point out that Lucifer actually doesn't know exactly how to what Elaine does.
Elaine (trying to survive the power): "How--How do I--?"
Lucifer: "I have no idea. You're the demiurge. Perhaps it comes down to instinct." That's prior to him tutoring her. We also know Lucifer did so once. He already created a universe. I mean come on.

Amenadiel, Fenris, The japanese gods, etc. I mean think about it sandoplphon posed a problem to Michael and he was leaps and bounds greater than the entire host including Lucifer.

Lucifer had a specific plan for using these energies to create his own universe. This just didn't occur before his eyes. He took Michael to a location of his choosing to control the blast. That's called prep.

The difference is Thanos mastered supreme power not just the power to create a universe. Elaine masted the said power with no experience whatsoever. Thanos wasn't born into the right line to do so he did so by his own choices throughout his lifetime. He didn't just have the power inside of him as is the case with the other two.

Lucifer controlled the said energies. Just like Elaine. Just like Thanos(whose is better since it's supreme power). Lucifer has been hurt and Michael has been beaten by far less. Michael at full strength can defeat Lucifer with a mere gesture.
Lucifer controlled the detonation at a location of his own choosing. Elaine had to make due on her own. Lucifer helped her. He had the knowledge to do so. Thanos didn't have any prep ether he just reacted as best he could and was correct that he could survive such a feat. Thanos mastered supreme power.

Michael is by far more powerful than Lucifer and yet Sandolphon's spear defeated him. Is that spear multiversal ?

You don't ignore the comics and debate based on one inconclusive feat. That's the point. I read the series and Lucifer was in no way, shape, or form near Michael's power level. And ye he was defeated by a lesser angel thna Lucifer in combat due to his exposed backside. These angels aren't invulnerable. They weren't portrayed as such.

A battlezone is a one on one debate where I'd back Thanos against your Lucifer.

BullwinkleMoose
Since the spear did more Damage to Lucifer than the explosion that Lucifer tanked/ignored/shaped then I would say yes Sandolphon's
Spear > Explosion and could be multiversal.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BullwinkleMoose
Since the spear did more Damage to Lucifer than the explosion that Lucifer tanked/ignored/shaped then I would say yes Sandolphon's
Spear > Explosion and could be multiversal. Save he channeled the power into doing what it does; create. He has the skills to do so like Elaine. Context ftw.

Throughout the series all these supernatural beings could all harm each other. Even the one with the greatest power fell before sandolphon. He wasn't invulnerable.

Dream Stuff
That's prior to him tutoring her. We also know Lucifer did so once. He already created a universe. I mean come on.

It is clear in the artwork that Lucifer created his universe from the energies that were released in the explosion. That is not how Elaine did it. She took the energy as her own, thus preventing the explosion that would have surely killed her. Lucifer didn't bother to do that.

Yeah, see it's stuff like this that makes me wonder if you ever read the series. Each of these situations took place when Lucifer was explicitly depowered. You're just proving my point.

Amenadiel: Lucifer's sabotaged wings, remember? While he was fighting Amenadiel, Mazikeen tracked down and destroyed the magic used to do it. Once she did, he got his full power back all at once, causing the angel who was about to kill him to back down like a punk. And that took over a year of prep from a god and a high-level reality warper to depower him that much. Try again.

Fenris: Lucifer was losing power due to the absence of Yahweh. Yahweh had been gone for over a year at that point, IIRC. You've already admitted this. Try again.

The Japanese gods: He was MORTAL in their dimension!

Come on, Quan! You talked so tough, I thought you would at least test me a little. You want to resume this in a month or so, when you've had time to do your homework?

This isn't complicated:
a) taking an explosive to a place where it can't hurt anyone else doesn't "prep" you for it going off in your face. There was nothing special about the void, there's just nothing there. It still seems that all you can do is make assumptions with no backing in story or artwork. There's nothing more to say. If you bring it back up without more evidence, I'll probably ignore it.

b) I don't know why Sandy's spear hurt Michael. I could make up some elaborate theory (I can think of 3 off the top off my head).. but I really don't care. I can just dismiss it as an uncharacteristically low showing. He has much better showings, like taking shots from Lucifer and surviving the trip to Ygdrasil.

c) all this stuff about Thanos is completely irrelevant. Yes, he did a good job mastering the energies. But that's not what Lucifer did and he still doesn't have Lucifer's baseline power.

d)There is no evidence at all that Michael can defeat Lucifer with his best effort, let alone a gesture. In the comic, some characters believed that Michael was slightly more powerful, but it never showed on panel. Give me some evidence, or let it go.

Umm... read it again. Lucifer ignited every star in YHWH's creation. Lucifer WTFPWNED everyone he physically fought against at anywhere close to full power. Lucifer killed Michael in a fight when they were both wounded. Lucifer destroyed one of the more fragile afterlife realms just by passing through. When Lucifer showed up on the final battlefield (before anyone but Fenris knew he was depowered) the entire opposing army stopped in their tracks and said "we're screwed." Lucifer is a beast, as that's not even getting into his esoterics.

Honestly, Quan, I'm disappointed. I'll gladly settle this in a battlezone, if you really like your odds.

quanchi112
It is clear in the artwork that Lucifer created his universe from the energies that were released in the explosion. That is not how Elaine did it. She took the energy as her own, thus preventing the explosion that would have surely killed her. Lucifer didn't bother to do that.
Lucifer created it by the same energies. The power is unleashed save elaine didn't have the luxury of having prep time and it being released in the Void.
He wasn't completely depowered against Fenris he kept his power hidden. He also had aid in healing himself to retake on fenris. Lucifer took his own wings off so I mean what else do I have to say ?

With his wings Michael easily trounced him with a lot less power than what is released when he dies. Clearly that power can be manipulated to create life since that's it's purpose.
Lucifer had aid in taking down Amenadiel. It took him a while to even show up for the battle. Again, I haven't read this in years I don't memorize 75 issue plus tie ins.
Which proves in a versus thread minus his supreme being he's weaker than usual. Fenris got stronger when this happened but Lucifer also had help from Mazikeen and that random chick who healed him after he initially fled the battlefield. That makes their fights 1-1 since Lucifer fled the scene to be healed somewhat.
Yes, and he outsmarted them. He tricked them. he didn't really best them in combat. He outplayed them. That's not being unbeatable I mean he loses his powers in certain dimensions.

So far we've established:

1.Minus his supreme being occupying his own universe he's weaker.
2.He's powerless in certain dimensions.
3.Damaging an angel's wings greatly depowers them.

You're ruing Lucifer and you don't even realize it. This is the stuff of legend.
I posted on panel proof where he shows/helps her do so. Taking someone to a special location where the word "controlled" detonation is used is enough. Lucifer put himself in a situation to manipulate said energies. He made it ideal for himself. Elaine had to make the best of her situation.
Because he wasn't invulnerable. Just because he's by far more powerful than Lucifer and the rest of the angels combined doesn't mean he's unhurtable. The series showed us otherwise.
Thanos seems a lot more powerful as he's unkillable unlike Lucifer. He can enter dimensions and not suddenly become powerless. He recently overrode the energies of an entire universe and overcame death being nonexistent. Thanos' baseline power is far greater. Thanos' durability is far greater. Thanos' wisdom and cunning is far greater. Thanos wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth like Lucifer. Lucifer's infinite will was given to him Thanos formed his own willpower due to life experiences.
It showed us in the comic Michael could have defeated the entire host with a gesture. Lucifer isn't even close to his power level. If you want to pretend Michael isn't more powerful then you are delusional.

Michael held back and he was weakened. Lucifer didn't hold back. It's right on panel but of course you want to deny everything because you're a Lucifer hardcore fan. core fan

Lucifer didn't easily destroy anyone really in combat. There were always circumstances. he mainly outsmarted his stupid enemies.

The best part if you bring up Lucifer showing up and his reputation intimidating his foes. Fenris destroyed this notion with one spear toss. Fenris knew he could hurt him. Fenris' point was to destroy everything so he was at his best while creation was on the verge of being destroyed. Lucifer then fled the battlefield losing their first battle.

The second battle I still don't see as fair since Paul Rudd or whatever his name was first opposed him as did Mazikeen and Lucifer.

In the future it's something I would be more than happy to do.

TheMask
Your lies have been exposed quan quit while your ahead. Lucifer is immune to death way more then Thanos. Death fears Lucifer. No way that Thanos can beat Lucifer. Oh and Lucifer didnt create a Universe he created a Megaverse no way that Thanos can come close to that power.

quanchi112
Your lies have been exposed quan quit while your ahead. Lucifer is immune to death way more then Thanos. Death fears Lucifer. No way that Thanos can beat Lucifer. Oh and Lucifer didnt create a Universe he created a Megaverse no way that Thanos can come close to that power. Please pick up a comic.

If Lucifer can accept he can die why can't you ?

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Lucifercandie.jpg

Lucifer used the powers to create which Michael unleashed. Lucifer can't do so on his own either. laughing out loud

TheMask
Never said he could create the Multiverse on his own MULTIVERSE NOT UNIVERSE. Oh and you forgot were Elaine was saying his power was leaving him. Also when the bastino tried killing him she was afraid to take him DEATH i mean. So why would she try again? Ive read the comic buddy boy have you? The spell used on thanos by the underworld gods was suppose to destroy him? Did it? IT was his power against himself lol.

Nice try idiot.

quanchi112
Never said he could create the Multiverse on his own MULTIVERSE NOT UNIVERSE. Oh and you forgot were Elaine was saying his power was leaving him. Also when the bastino tried killing him she was afraid to take him DEATH i mean. So why would she try again? Ive read the comic buddy boy have you? The spell used on thanos by the underworld gods was suppose to destroy him? Did it? IT was his power against himself lol.

Nice try idiot. The point is Lucifer can clearly die. He was against the odds for pretty much the duration of his comic. Yes, Lucifer's powers are dependent on his supreme being existing in the universe. Not the case with Thanos.

Thanos has more impressive showings than Lucifer. Not really comparable.

Thanos is immune to death not Lucifer. Read up on both in the near future.

TheMask
Yeah cause thanos can create a multiverse.

Thanos can kill death.

Thanos has defeated supreme beings

actually thanos has done none of those things lol no thanos has not as impressive feats as Lucifer and no Lucifer cant die.

And how would you know if the TOAA left Marvel if Marvel would start to go to ruin we dont so stfu. Also He cant die we already saw what happend when they tried to kill him.

quanchi112
Yeah cause thanos can create a multiverse.

Thanos can kill death.

Thanos has defeated supreme beings

actually thanos has done none of those things lol no thanos has not as impressive feats as Lucifer and no Lucifer cant die.

And how would you know if the TOAA left Marvel if Marvel would start to go to ruin we dont so stfu. Also He cant die we already saw what happend when they tried to kill him. Lucifer can't create one either. Michael's powers did which he used or shaped.

Thanos has mastered the supreme beings power source. I already posted proof Lucifer can die. You seem like a troll tbh.

Lucifer can die he just wasn't killed. There's a difference.

TheMask
He cant die. Death was afraid of him cause even when he was on the print of destruction, Death said dont kill the mesasnger. To bad you didnt post THAT scan. I guess it wasnt part of your busy schedual.

quanchi112
He cant die. Death was afraid of him cause even when he was on the print of destruction, Death said dont kill the mesasnger. To bad you didnt post THAT scan. I guess it wasnt part of your busy schedual. He can die and even admitted as much throughout the arc. I posted one scan but you are someone who doesn't accept proof.

TheMask
Even if someone helped with half the job of creating the multiverse. Thanos could not shape the suns, the planets, time and space, create beings. Lucifer did. smile

In his own multiverse Lucifer WAS the supreme being.

quanchi112
Even if someone helped with half the job of creating the multiverse. Thanos could not shape the suns, the planets, time and space, create beings. Lucifer did. smile

In his own multiverse Lucifer WAS the supreme being. Thanos fixed the universal flaw that the supreme being could not do on his own. Lucifer did something Elaine did and she had no experience whatsoever and was young. That means it isn't that hard imo.

Yes, in his own universe but Thanos was the supreme being in the 616 reality. he didn't have to create it to become supreme.

Anything Lucifer does Thanos does better.

TheMask
what part of MULTIVERSE dont you understand? Is it multi or verse?

Lucifer using Micheals powers created a MULTIVERSE. So yeah its way harder then doing ONE universe.

quanchi112
what part of MULTIVERSE dont you understand? Is it multi or verse?

Lucifer using Micheals powers created a MULTIVERSE. So yeah its way harder then doing ONE universe. Yes, Thanos became the supreme being of all reality using the supreme being's power.

Lucifer needed someone elses power and Elaine already matched his feat despite her lack of experience. Not that difficult, obviously.

Only Thanos had the will and the training.

TheMask
You said ONE reality make up your mind. Where does it say in the thanos comic that it was the entire megaverse or omniverse which is impossible since omni means everything even this universe which you and me are fighting in.

quanchi112
You said ONE reality make up your mind. Where does it say in the thanos comic that it was the entire megaverse or omniverse which is impossible since omni means everything even this universe which you and me are fighting in. Thanos did what the supreme being could not do. Thanos defeated the Living Tribunal like an ant. Lt is multiversal and can hold megaverses in his jock. Thanos outclasses Lucifer in every way.

TheMask
Yeah you wish. LT was reconned into megaversal or whatever. In thanos comic it never says he took a multiverse. It doesnt matter what he DID. Its what he can DO.

He cant do anything Lucifer can do in his base power sorry quan your hopeful delusional thinking is sad and Lucifer morningstar destroys thanos. Thats why they dont let me open any Lucifer vs Thanos threads cause they make it a spite thread against your precious thanos.

TheGodKiller
Thanos did what the supreme being could not do. Thanos defeated the Living Tribunal like an ant. Lt is multiversal and can hold megaverses in his jock. Thanos outclasses Lucifer in every way.

Does the OP specify that Thanos has the HoTU ?

TheMask
No it doesnt.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Does the OP specify that Thanos has the HoTU ? When did I say he had the hotu here ? Thanos mastered the energies under his own power. smile

Yeah you wish. LT was reconned into megaversal or whatever. In thanos comic it never says he took a multiverse. It doesnt matter what he DID. Its what he can DO.

He cant do anything Lucifer can do in his base power sorry quan your hopeful delusional thinking is sad and Lucifer morningstar destroys thanos. Thats why they dont let me open any Lucifer vs Thanos threads cause they make it a spite thread against your precious thanos. Thanos easily destroyed him on panel. Lucifer almost died against Fenris and needed to avoid conflict because straight up he had to fight smart and needed aid in order to do so. That's not straight up.

Again, quit being so emotional just debate. Saying he destroys Thanos isn't the same as proving it. Unlike you I back up my claims. You aren't a good debater.

TheMask
Thanos is destroyed in this gauntlet at Odin. He cant defeat Lucifer, He cant even scratch Lucifer. You cant even prove he can. Your not a good debator and everyone on here knows it.

quanchi112
Thanos is destroyed in this gauntlet at Odin. He cant defeat Lucifer, He cant even scratch Lucifer. You cant even prove he can. Your not a good debator and everyone on here knows it. Far less than Thanos has hurt Lucifer. Sandolphon's spear defeated Michael who could kill Lucifer with a gesture of power along with all the other angels. Thanos destroys Lucifer who shouldn't be at the end of the gauntlet.

Dream Stuff
Far less than Thanos has hurt Lucifer. Sandolphon's spear defeated Michael who could kill Lucifer with a gesture of power along with all the other angels. Thanos destroys Lucifer who shouldn't be at the end of the gauntlet.

You're still just going around saying things you don't know. You have no evidence that Michael can beat Lucifer, and you have no idea how Michael's durability compares to Lucifer. You can't seem to think of anything that hurt Lucifer without a major plot point requiring at least a year of prep to reduce his power.

You even admitted that Lucifer was weakened while Fenris was at his peak, and now you're bringing up the spear incident again like you don't know any better. Maybe you just don't learn.

quanchi112
You're still just going around saying things you don't know. You have no evidence that Michael can beat Lucifer, and you have no idea how Michael's durability compares to Lucifer. Lucifer has infinite willpower while Michael has infinite power. There's a reason why Lucifer needed Michael's power to create a universe. Michael is by far more powerful. Lucifer doesn't have the power to defeat the entire host with a gesture. If you can't acknowledge this you're a fanboy. Plain and simple.

Lucifer's durability was never shown to be above anything else. If you read it multiple times then you'd realize he was never invulnerable. He simply never was. Lucifer relied on his wits not his power. That was a consistent theme throughout the series.

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by quanchi112 He wasn't completely depowered against Fenris he kept his power hidden. He also had aid in healing himself to retake on fenris. Lucifer took his own wings off so I mean what else do I have to say ?

Say you'll read the comic again so that you know what you're talking about.

Never happened. You're seriously making things up.

Clearly you didn't memorize it. Clearly you can barely even remember it. Lucifer had help against Amenadiel because (drumroll) he was depowered! I literally just explained this to you and you don't even remember that.

Forum rules say he'll be as powerful as he is in his native universe.

Just the one dimension, in which every outsider is mortal. It's a rule. No exceptions. It has no bearing on a forum fight.

Not damaging, sabotaging. It requires extensive prep and the angel has to be tricked into accepting it. Again, not relevant in a forum fight.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>