Thor vs Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
The Avengers try to take down Thor. Here's the stips:

No BFR
Otherwise CIS is off for Thor. He use his most powerful attacks, especially lightning.
Fight in a Closed arena the size of a planet. Arena is indestructible.

Avengers team:

Captain America
Iron Man
Spiderman
Wolverine
Hercules (Classic, no Mace)
Quicksilver
Vision
War Machine
Professor Hulk
She Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Wasp
Giant Man

Gecko4lif
So thor vs Herc Hulk and vision

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
So thor vs Herc Hulk and vision

Iron Man and War Machine contribute as well. And some of the others are decent distractions. We've already seen Wolverine can hurt Thor if he can get close enough, and with the others distracting him...it's POSSIBLE. That said, it's going to be VERY hard for this team to put down a CIS-less Thor.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Iron Man and War Machine contribute as well. And some of the others are decent distractions. We've already seen Wolverine can hurt Thor if he can get close enough, and with the others distracting him...it's POSSIBLE. That said, it's going to be VERY hard for this team to put down a CIS-less Thor.
We have already established that even partially serious thor can 1 shot iron man
And in no way is war machine's armor superior to tony's so hes getting some ass whooping too

1 lightning bolt would 1 shot the entire avengers team minus herc hulk and vision

And actually I have no idea how visions electricty resistence is so I cant really say anything about him

Damborgson
Thor ends them

DTM
Ill go with the Team here. Herc and Hulk can hang with Thor for quite a while each, together they should be able do well enough against him physically. Adding in Iron Man, War Machine, Vision, Sh Hulk, for additional power, Cap, SpiderMan and Wolverine for overall skill and experience, and Giant Man, Wasp, Quicksilver, Black Widow and Hawkeye can fill in the blanks and add as distractions just fine.

Sixth_Winged
Out of the list, only Hercules presents the biggest treat. The rest range from fodder to obstacles(like prof hulk). Hercules is super resistant to lightning and if he can tank all of the lightning given by thor, team might stand a chance. Most of the times though, it'll be AOE lightning to take out the rest, Vision's phasing getting somehow ****ed, then it's classic herc vs. thor.

Stoic
^ Do you have any super resistant to lightning showings in mind? You do realize that Prof Hulk went toe to toe with Thor in the arctic and Thor was not holding back right? Team wins this.

Batman-Prime
Team.

janus77
Thor dies quickly.

Prof. Hulk alone would physically stomp him, but adding in the versatility and power of the rest of the team ... No chance for Thor here.

Kid Kurdy
Team destroys him.

gogogadgetgo
Aside fro Hulk, Herc, and Vision, what are the other avengers gonna do to Thor?

None of them have the capacity to take him out, even if they all combined and attacked all at once.

With that, Thor kills all of the cannon fodder and is then taken out by Herc, Hulk and Vision after a long and bloody fight

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
With that, Thor kills all of the cannon fodder and is then taken out by Herc, Hulk and Vision after a long and bloody fight
The cannon fodder is just gonna stand there and let that happen ?

PillarofOsiris
They key is that CIS is off. With it on, Thor wouldn't stand much of a chance IMO. With it off, the team doesn't stand much of a chance.

janus77
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
They key is that CIS is off. With it on, Thor wouldn't stand much of a chance IMO. With it off, the team doesn't stand much of a chance.
What would be the difference?

Thor is a noted killer, one of the few "heroes" that actually does kill his foes. He goes in to battled prepared to end lives, so he uses his powers to their best effect.

I think CIS plays less of a factor in Thor's comic battles, than for many other characters of a similar powerset.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by janus77
What would be the difference?

Thor is a noted killer, one of the few "heroes" that actually does kill his foes. He goes in to battled prepared to end lives, so he uses his powers to their best effect.

I think CIS plays less of a factor in Thor's comic battles, than for many other characters of a similar powerset.

CIS is the reason Thor resorts to hand to hand fighting in 90% of his fights, and never bust out his exotic powers. IMO, with CIS off, Thor is doing things like this:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/52044/1351071-thor_vs_sentry_08_super.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir243-LightningChaosWar5.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Random/ThorGodblast01v282.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir139-Godblast389.jpg

janus77
Given that the Exitar thing is monstrous PIS, the "Chaos King" feat required some help from Gaea and the Sentry feat was actually a non-feat (Sentry wanted to die and was begging to be killed but even so, it took a helicarrier to get the job done), I don't see the lightning as being more effective than his GB (which takes time to get off and which drains him completely) or his hand-to-hand/mjolnir-to-hand offence.

I think his mjolnir-to-hand fighting is his most powerful way of fighting, though not suited to all foes.

JayDaDon
Thor dies quickly.

Prof. Hulk alone would physically stomp him, but adding in the versatility and power of the rest of the team ... No chance for Thor here.

CIS is off. Thor would wreck professor hulk.

PillarofOsiris
Given that the Exitar thing is monstrous PIS, the "Chaos King" feat required some help from Gaea and the Sentry feat was actually a non-feat (Sentry wanted to die and was begging to be killed but even so, it took a helicarrier to get the job done), I don't see the lightning as being more effective than his GB (which takes time to get off and which drains him completely) or his hand-to-hand/mjolnir-to-hand offence.

I think his mjolnir-to-hand fighting is his most powerful way of fighting, though not suited to all foes.

Not that I want to get into this debate on this site AGAIN, but even IF HE WANTED to die, you can't "turn off" your durability, although the Hellicarrier is a fair point. And really, if you think Thor going hand to hand is his most powerful way of fighting, you must not know the character too well.

Damborgson
With cis off thor destroys them easily. The planetary storm hr would cause would kill the fodder by itself. He one shots whatevers left. Which if he decides to go for the kill is exactly what would happen.

Some people on here just dont have a true understanding of the magnitudr of power that thor can unleash. Or much
idea about the character at all. Not pointing fingers though. -cough- janus-cough-

abhilegend
Team.

DTM
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
Aside fro Hulk, Herc, and Vision, what are the other avengers gonna do to Thor?

None of them have the capacity to take him out, even if they all combined and attacked all at once.

There are many others on this Avengers list that have the ability to hurt Thor, others that have the ability to take or evade blows from Thor, others still that have the ability to distract Thor from others attacks as well. Thor is Powerful to be sure, but this is just overkill for taking him down IMO. Dont make the mistake of calling those who are not in Thors overall class, canon fodder.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by keiththegreat
. He use his most powerful attacks, especially lightning.

If he takes to the sky and does this, that takes away more than half the team. Then there are those who could meet him in the sky(iron man, war machine) assuming they aren't swept up in a tornado, cannot stand up to thor's strongest strikes or lightning attacks. That leaves Hercules. I'd put Thor over Hercules due to versatility.

Zack Fair

Helicarrier = Sentry kryptonite

h1a8
Quicksilver, Iron Man, and Vision are the biggest problems. They will prevent Thor from unleashing his lightning while the others get close and pummel him.

JayDaDon
How are those three gonna prevent Thor from doing jack? Lol if anyone is preventing thor from doing anything its hercules.

Colossus-Big C
grey hulk busted a planet twice the size of earth.
hercules with his mace can block all of thors attacks

JakeTheBank
lol @ some of the replies here.

h1a8
Originally posted by JayDaDon
How are those three gonna prevent Thor from doing jack? Lol if anyone is preventing thor from doing anything its hercules.

Because they have the fastest attacks. Iron Man can shoot at Thor causing him to be on the defensive, Vision can also shoot or do the intangible thing. Quicksilver can blitz.

Rage.Of.Olympus

The Exitar thing is not PIS. Gaea didn't help. Reynolds did want death but Thor finally cut loose in the end there.

The God Blast is his most powerful attack but as far as this team is concerned, there's not much difference, even Hercules can be one shotted by some of Thor's lightning.

Close combat is not Thor's most powerful way of fighting, that being said, when he throws in energy he can be devastating. He can seriously rock High End Skyfathers and Cosmic Entities with Mjolnir. He could easily take out most heralds without using his utmost best when serious.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Stoic
^ Do you have any super resistant to lightning showings in mind? You do realize that Prof Hulk went toe to toe with Thor in the arctic and Thor was not holding back right? Team wins this.

Against storm on spider-island tie-in comes to mind. Not only did he resist it, he redirected it at storm.

Oh and thor wasn't full on showcasing his powers against hulk in that fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Stoic

I'm guessing the TS means Hulk with the Banner limit and not the enraged Merged Hulk that Thor fought. That incarnation was even more formidable than Savage.

For the record, Hulk was at least stunned by a single bolt and it wasn't Thor's most powerful attack.

carver9
Team stomps 10/10. Quicksilver grabs Wolverine and speed blitz his claws through Thor eyes.

JakeTheBank
lol Carter's angry.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm guessing the TS means Hulk with the Banner limit and not the enraged Merged Hulk that Thor fought. That incarnation was even more formidable than Savage.

For the record, Hulk was at least stunned by a single bolt and it wasn't Thor's most powerful attack.

Why wasn't it when Thor was pissed? Nothing indicated or shown proving that wasn't Thors best lightning.

Sixth_Winged
Wolverine doesn't have enough reaction time to realize he already got picked up by Quicksilver to raise his hands and pop his claws in time for stabbing. See superspeed works both ways. Sides if this is agains a team, Thor first reaction would most likely take to the skies to conjure up his area of effect lightning.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lol Carver's angry.

Corrected your error and the answer to your question is "just a lil bit".

Damborgson
^Because Thor's best Lighting hurts people a lot stronger than Hulk? And that Thor wasn't peak Thor?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Why wasn't it when Thor was pissed? Nothing indicated or shown proving that wasn't Thors best lightning.

Well, the fact that Wolverine was still resembling something human may have something to do with it.

But if you think Thor hit Wolverine with the same force such as those he has blasted the Void or Chaos King with, feel free to retard away.

carver9
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Wolverine doesn't have enough reaction time to realize he already got picked up by Quicksilver to raise his hands and pop his claws in time for stabbing. See superspeed works both ways. Sides if this is agains a team, Thor first reaction would most likely take to the skies to conjure up his area of effect lightning.

You can't see Quicksilver covering that distance before Thor take to the skies?

JakeTheBank
Corrected your error and the answer to your question is "just a lil bit".

I didn't ask a question. I declared a statement. Like so:

U mad.

carver9
Well, the fact that Wolverine was still resembling something human may have something to do with it.

But if you think Thor hit Wolverine with the same force such as those he has blasted the Void or Chaos King with, feel free to retard away.

Not talking about Wolverine, I am talking about Hulk.

Sr J-Bieb
If Thor didn't one shot Hulk like he's done before, then he wasn't trying very hard

Sixth_Winged
You can't see Quicksilver covering that distance before Thor take to the skies?

He could but he won't be able to affect him, since the person he's carrying doesn't have reaction time enough to realize he just got told to double team him. Wolverine would most likely be just befuddled to his sudden appearance near thor who would most likely smite him anyway.

JakeTheBank
Not talking about Wolverine, I am talking about Hulk.

He's KO'd Hulk with lightning before and sent an amped Hulk into outer space with a single shot, so what exactly are you asking?

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
^Because Thor's best Lighting hurts people a lot stronger than Hulk? And that Thor wasn't peak Thor?

And Hulk fist has hurt people more powerful than Thor, what did we prove with this lame way of debating? Thor was in a rage against Hulk...no reason for him to hold back. By the way, that was one of Thor best showings against Hulk in a fight, especially one so physically reinforced so you saying he wasn't in top shape is a lie. All of it was a myth and in that fight, Hulk was probablu holding back since he was trying to reason with Thor and saved his life in the end.

carver9
He's KO'd Hulk with lightning before and sent an amped Hulk into outer space with a single shot, so what exactly are you asking?

He's koed Savage Hulk and that could have been more of a low showing since nothing like that ever happened again. Hell, a weakened Hulk that couldn't even go into a rage (because he could have possibly reverted back to Banner) held his own in a prolong fight against a pissed Thor.

Sr J-Bieb
And Hulk fist has hurt people more powerful than Thor Who dat is

carver9
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Who dat is

Characters.

JakeTheBank
He's koed Savage Hulk and that could have been more of a low showing since nothing like that ever happened again. Hell, a weakened Hulk that couldn't even go into a rage (because he could have possibly reverted back to Banner) held his own in a prolong fight against a pissed Thor.

Well, you're right that Thor hardly ever uses his actual powers against Hulk outside of melee strikes. And Thor's matched the strength of a pissed Hulk for hours on end and was able to simultaneously overpower Namor and Hulk at the same time.

Damborgson
And Hulk fist has hurt people more powerful than Thor, what did we prove with this lame way of debating? Thor was in a rage against Hulk...no reason for him to hold back. By the way, that was one of Thor best showings against Hulk in a fight, especially one so physically reinforced so you saying he wasn't in top shape is a lie. All of it was a myth and in that fight, Hulk was probablu holding back since he was trying to reason with Thor and saved his life in the end.

So what you're saying is Thor put everything into that lighting he hit hulk with despite having proved when he really tries that he hurts beings that outclass hulk easily? You're not making sense...

That wasn't his best. You only say it is to try and make hulk look good.

Double standard? Hulk was in a rage also. But of course he was holding back.

Of course he wasn't in top shape. That version of Thor was a weaker one. That's generally known isn't it?

Thor's best showing against the Hulk is one shotting him.

Sr J-Bieb
Characters. Like?

Damborgson
Characters.

name some

JakeTheBank
Curious to see the names dropped here.

Sr J-Bieb
Hulk doesn't often fight out of his weightclass... so I was amused to see Carter say that.

Of course he's going to back it up though. Old trusty Carter.

JakeTheBank
Nobody help him or give him any hints.

He must pass the trial by fire....ALONE.

Colossus-Big C
Curious to see the names dropped here. Onslaught, Zom Strange, Thanos, Dr Strange

JakeTheBank
Way to cheat Carter out of a learning experience.

Colossus-Big C
i posted that the same time you posted that

Sr J-Bieb
Do you know how to tell time?

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Onslaught, Zom Strange, Thanos, Dr Strange Onslaught let him, Zom Strange gave him a massive opening (also glass cannon). Never happened. Dr Strange is a ****ing human, and he's in no way out of Thor's weightclass.

Colossus-Big C
onslsught is still more durable than thor, so is zom strange

Colossus-Big C
Sourceror Supreme Strange >>Thor

Sr J-Bieb
lol no.

Also, Strange is a human being. Even if he was more powerful than Thor (which he isn't), his durability is shit. Hulk hurting him isn't something to get excited about.

onslsught is still more durable than thor, so is zom strange And Thor also ran through Onslaught as well. Onslaught via part of the plan

Based on what?

You have one possible guy. Thor has... well, let's just say he has an insane amount of feats against people above Hulk's level.

JakeTheBank
Sourceror Supreme Strange >>Thor

When he's packing all of his artifacts and has prep time, sure.

The romanticized Dr. Strange that habitually defeats abstracts doesn't exist.

And that's without factoring in that he's a human being with human durability.

Colossus-Big C
did he have prep against LT ? or Cyttorak?

carver9
Well, you're right that Thor hardly ever uses his actual powers against Hulk outside of melee strikes. And Thor's matched the strength of a pissed Hulk for hours on end and was able to simultaneously overpower Namor and Hulk at the same time.

You are so right Jake. Thor weather powers is the reason the fights are so close. Too bad I have showings as well to back my case up.

A** whippin

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/9.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/10.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/11.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/12.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/13.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/14.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/15.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/16.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/17.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/18.jpg

Another a** whippin..

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/1.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/2.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/3.jpg

Sr J-Bieb
Nobody help him or give him any hints.

He must pass the trial by fire....ALONE. Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Onslaught, Zom Strange, Thanos, Dr Strange Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i posted that the same time you posted that

This is your backup Carter. The guy who thinks 3 minutes difference is the "same time"

Colossus-Big C
if he had human durability hulk would kill him with a punch. since when can humans tank a punch from someone who lifts trillions of tons?

carver9
Do you know how to tell time?

Onslaught let him, Zom Strange gave him a massive opening (also glass cannon). Never happened. Dr Strange is a ****ing human, and he's in no way out of Thor's weightclass.

His punches still affected them. Add Nightmare to that list.

Colossus-Big C
This is your backup Carter. The guy who thinks 3 minutes difference is the "same time" my timezone is different than yours...

Sr J-Bieb
if he had human durability hulk would kill him with a punch. since when can humans tank a punch from someone who lifts trillions of tons? If your head wasn't up your ass right now, you'd probably see the point miles above your head.

JakeTheBank
You are so right Jake. Too bad I have showings as well to back my case up.

A** whippin

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/9.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/10.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/11.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/12.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/13.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/14.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/15.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/16.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/17.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/18.jpg

Another a** whippin..

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/1.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/2.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/3.jpg

You make this too easy.

First set of scans shows Thor fighting Hulk on his terms (melee and without Mjolnir, even), which ultimately means jackshit as far as this thread and its OP is concerned.

The second set of scans shows Hulk smashing Thor...and then shows Thor standing up ready for round two. Cue Hulk stopping rain storm in the next sequence...which you've conveniently omitted. You also, conveniently, decide to not show us Thor knocking Hulk out with a single lightning bolt.

You basically brought up two irrelevant "showings" to show us...whatever your point is.

Sr J-Bieb
my timezone is different than yours... laughing out loud

Your timezone is such that 3 minutes to normal people is 1 minute to you

carver9
lol no.

Also, Strange is a human being. Even if he was more powerful than Thor (which he isn't), his durability is shit. Hulk hurting him isn't something to get excited about.

And Thor also ran through Onslaught as well. Onslaught via part of the plan

Based on what?

You have one possible guy. Thor has... well, let's just say he has an insane amount of feats against people above Hulk's level.

Thor ran through a weaker version of Onslaught.

Sr J-Bieb
Thor ran through a weaker version of Onslaught. With Nate Grey and Franklin Richards, no?

carver9
You make this too easy.

First set of scans shows Thor fighting Hulk on his terms (melee and without Mjolnir, even), which ultimately means jackshit as far as this thread and its OP is concerned.

The second set of scans shows Hulk smashing Thor...and then shows Thor standing up ready for round two. Cue Hulk stopping rain storm in the next sequence...which you've conveniently omitted. You also, conveniently, decide to not show us Thor knocking Hulk out with a single lightning bolt.

You basically brought up two irrelevant "showings" to show us...whatever your point is.

The point is, Thor doesn't do so well against Hulk physically...his other powers is what keeps the fight interested. There are other showings as well with Thor physically getting crushed by Hulk. You are the one that brought up Thor stalemating Hulk when overall, thats not what happens majority of the time in a physical bout.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Lol.

Carver, I've read that fight and not only does it have no bearing on this thread, you are stretching the truth there. Prolonged and pissed? Someone really is going to report you one of these days.

Onslaught, Zom Strange, Thanos, Dr Strange

That was very impressive but there were some circumstances. Thanos never happened.

Doctor Strange being more powerful than Thor on average is debatable and he's an irrelevant example. Even Zom Strange had an unusual difference between damage output and durability.

These really don't stand up to Thor rocking the shit out of beings like Odin, Surtur, Galactus and so on. The Onslaught one was impressive though like I said.

carver9
With Nate Grey and Franklin Richards, no?

You are wrong.

carver9
Lol.

Carver, I've read that fight and not only does it have no bearing on this thread, you are stretching the truth there. Prolonged and pissed? Someone really is going to report you one of these days.

That was very impressive but there were some circumstances. Thanos never happened.

Doctor Strange being more powerful than Thor on average is debatable and he's an irrelevant example. Even Zom Strange had an unusual difference between damage output and durability.

These really don't stand up to Thor rocking the shit out of beings like Odin, Surtur, Galactus and so on. The Onslaught one was impressive though like I said.

So Thor wasn't near Warrior Madness by the end of the book?

Colossus-Big C
laughing out loud

Your timezone is such that 3 minutes to normal people is 1 minute to you me and jake does not live in the same time zone. Whats so hars for you to understand? stop acting like an A**

JakeTheBank
The point is, Thor doesn't do so well against Hulk physically...his other powers is what keeps the fight interested. There are other showings as well with Thor physically getting crushed by Hulk. You are the one that brought up Thor stalemating Hulk when overall, thats not what happens majority of the time in a physical bout.

You and I have very different opinions on what counts as "well".

Let me break this down to you in a way you can hopefully understand.

Goldilocks fight Hulk. When Blonde Hair normally fight Hulk, he no use lightning, hurricane, rain, anti-force, Godblast, whirlwinds, portals, or other powers outside of fist and hammer. And when he fight Hulk, Hulk can't smash him for good. It perplex Hulk, make Hulk question manhood. When Goldilocks use his power on Hulk, it hurt Hulk good. If Hulk is impressed by Thor, why can't Hulk's biggest fan?

Sr J-Bieb
You are wrong. Oh right. That's when he had Xavier in him.

Why was he more durable when Hulk hit him Carter?

me and jake does not live in the same time zone. Whats so hars for you to understand? stop acting like an A**
How did you survive this long?

Rage.Of.Olympus

no expression

Are you talking about Thor's fight with the berserk Merged Hulk or Thor's fight against the commonly named Professor Hulk that was them mostly putting on a show?

You've got the two mixed up obviously. For a Hulk fan, you sure do know very little about the character.

Oh wait, you only started reading around World War Hulk. Forgot about that, explains why you go to such desperate lengths to rationalize any showing where he doesn't wreck an opponent.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why was he more durable when Hulk hit him Carter?

Haha.

Sr J-Bieb
Carter hasn't been reading since World War Hulk. Come on Rage

carver9
no expression

Are you talking about Thor's fight with the berserk Merged Hulk or Thor's fight against the commonly named Professor Hulk that was them mostly putting on a show?

You've got the two mixed up obviously. For a Hulk fan, you sure do know very little about the character.

Oh wait, you only started reading around World War Hulk. Forgot about that, explains why you go to such desperate lengths to rationalize any showing where he doesn't wreck an opponent.

I'm talking about Merged Hulk NUT. The fight in the arctic. You should know what I am talking about if you've read all of Thors battles against the Hulk.

carver9
When you start calling me CARVER Bieb, I will respond to your post.

Sr J-Bieb
When you start calling me CARVER Bieb, I will respond to your post. Everyone's calling you Carter. There's a reason you're not responding to me, and it's not because you feel disrespected (it's because you like to make shit up and don't like getting called on it, just like how you ignored Hulk hurting greater foes). You're just responding to posts you think your brain cells can actually silence

Protip:
You've never silenced anything.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm talking about Merged Hulk NUT. The fight in the arctic. You should know what I am talking about if you've read all of Thors battles against the Hulk.

So then you completely made up this part then:
Hell, a weakened Hulk that couldn't even go into a rage (because he could have possibly reverted back to Banner) held his own in a prolong fight against a pissed Thor.

How was Hulk weakened? If anything the shrapnel in his mind making him a bit loopy IIRC would have helped him in battle. Look how easily he went completely berserk.

Also, that fight was entirely close combat besides one lightning bolt that stunned Hulk, making it irrelevant to this thread. And it hardly looked like Thor's very best either.

carver9
So then you completely made up this part then:

How was Hulk weakened? If anything the shrapnel in his mind making him a bit loopy IIRC would have helped him in battle. Look how easily he went completely berserk.

Also, that fight was entirely close combat besides one lightning bolt that stunned Hulk, making it irrelevant to this thread. And it hardly looked like Thor's very best either.

I'm talking about this fight (and I'm hoping its Canon...you all Mark everything off as non Canon on this forum).

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/1.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/2.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/3.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/4.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/5.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/6.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/7.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/8.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/9.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/10.jpg

leonidas
lol at this thread. bran taking on carter AND big c?? damn man, good luck to ya...

as for the thread--be a lot more even if team had cis off as well or could prep some to take him down in character. if all he did was fly up into the air the biggest guns would be rendered pretty useless and he could pick them off with lightning. only chance would be vision phasing through his skull for a stun and then the rest just piling on. not impossible i guess, but not what i'd call likely either. if they ground and pound he gets slaughtered, but getting him grounded before they get fried seems a tall order here.

team lacks versatility and ranged power. thor for a heavy majority i think.

iceman24567
\you all Mark everything off as non Canon on this forum).
This guy laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm talking about this fight (and I'm hoping its Canon...you all Mark everything off as non Canon on this forum).

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/10.jpg

So I was right the first time, you did confuse the two fights.

You claimed that the battle was in the arctic, Thor was in Warrior Madness near the end and that he was pissed throughout the battle. All of that describes the fight in Hulk #440, while Hulk having a cap for his strength (When he gets too angry and strong he reverts to Banner, he wasn't weakened in the regular sense) was only present during this fight.

You don't even know what the hell you're talking about, how do you expect the rest of us to decipher your shit?

carver9
So I was right the first time, you did confuse the two fights.

You claimed that the battle was in the arctic, Thor was in Warrior Madness near the end and that he was pissed throughout the battle. All of that describes the fight in Hulk #440, while Hulk having a cap for his strength (When he gets too angry and strong he reverts to Banner, he wasn't weakened in the regular sense) was only present during this fight.

You don't even know what the hell you're talking about, how do you expect the rest of us to decipher your shit?

Rage, just be quiet. You are clearly mixing my posts up. We are done here.

JakeTheBank
I'll just be quiet. I'm clearly mixing my posts up. We are done here.

Fixed.

leonidas
lol

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rage, just be quiet. You are clearly mixing my posts up. We are done here.

This is the internet.

Hell, a weakened Hulk that couldn't even go into a rage (because he could have possibly reverted back to Banner) held his own in a prolong fight against a pissed Thor.

Troll harder.

carver9
This is the internet.

Troll harder.

Why would I mix two fights up that I have? You butted into something that you clearly warped. Like I said, I'm done.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by leonidas
lol

Sr J-Bieb
It's like Carter thinks everyone else plays on the same level as him.

"Well, if this makes sense in my good thinking brain thing, then it will surely convince all the fellas that as well.

Carter, you saved face again!"

carver9
Hush Bieb.

Sr J-Bieb
Hush Bieb. It's pretty sad when I don't even have to debate you anymore since I just point out holes like your arguments a giant strainer, and even the irrelevant shit makes you poo in your depends.

Just because you're smart like tractor that doesn't mean I'm going to be considerate of your condition.

Dr.SpiderHulk
Wtf is wrong with some of you? Thor dominates their asses!

carver9
It's pretty sad when I don't even have to debate you anymore since I just point out holes like your arguments a giant strainer, and even the irrelevant shit makes you poo in your depends.

Just because you're smart like tractor that doesn't mean I'm going to be considerate of your condition.

Bieb, you haven't pointed out anything. My entire argument has been twisted by you all so again, I'm done. Why are you still replying to me when I've told you I'm through with you and rage.

Gecko4lif
My entire argument sucks and is lacking any sort of common sense or deductive reasoning

I am in complete agreement

Sr J-Bieb
Bieb, you haven't pointed out anything. My entire argument has been twisted by you all so again, I'm done. Why are you still replying to me when I've told you I'm through with you and rage. You ignored everything I said.

And then in midst of a debate started ignoring Rage when he showed what a liar you are. Hilarious really.

The only one trying to twist anything is you with your backtracking. You're quite the wiggly worm, but you never manage to get quite out of the hole, do you?

Also, I'm responding to you because it's funny. You troll so much, it's funny watching your brain try to work to defend yourself.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Dr.SpiderHulk
Wtf is wrong with some of you? Thor dominates their asses!

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/52044/2060390-i_like_it_super.jpg

the Darkone
Thor decimates them!!

abhilegend
Stop bullying carter, ya big meanies.

CosmicComet
word

carver9

Rage, read the post you replied to and match it up to the scans I put up.

Dr.SpiderHulk
Old crazy ass carver. I like his passion!

Mindset
QS picks up Wolverine and they kill Thor.

iceman24567

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%208/10.jpg This shows Hulk holding back because getting to angry/strong would revert him back to banner they grappled and went h2h Thor wasn't so pissed as to use his other abilities carv

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
This shows Hulk holding back because getting to angry/strong would revert him back to banner they grappled and went h2h Thor wasn't so pissed as to use his other abilities carv

But a non-full powered Hulk was holding his own against a crazed Thor which is my point.

Now this is a crazy Thor fighting Hulk and even used his lightning in this enraged mode and it still didn't stop Hulk. Thor loses this fight by nearly get punched cloud height by a Hulk thats saving his life.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/1.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/2.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/3.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/4.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/5.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/6.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/7.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/8.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/9.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/10.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/11.jpg

iceman24567
But a non-full powered Hulk was holding his own against a crazed Thor which is my point.

Now this is a crazy Thor fighting Hulk and even used his lightning in this enraged mode and it still didn't stop Hulk. Thor loses this fight by nearly get punched cloud height by a Hulk thats saving his life.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/1.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/2.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/3.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/4.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/5.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/6.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/7.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/8.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/9.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/10.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%2012/11.jpg No what exactly is your point?

Zack Fair
His point being the usual Hulk >>> Thor

iceman24567
Originally posted by Zack Fair
His point being the usual Hulk >>> Thor Oh then i disagree

Hellos
Thor wins, most of the team can't even hurt him. Then once he starts actually letting loose his powers, he's going to kill most of them without much issues. Literally, the only person with enough meat to avoid being slaughtered from the get go is Hercules and even then he has no immunity to most of the powers Mjolnir has.

ankur29
This shows Hulk holding back because getting to angry/strong would revert him back to banner they grappled and went h2h Thor wasn't so pissed as to use his other abilities carv

did hulk die in end?

isn't this a non holding back thor in warrior madness mode???
the narration suggests this,no?

JayDaDon
Originally posted by h1a8
Because they have the fastest attacks. Iron Man can shoot at Thor causing him to be on the defensive, Vision can also shoot or do the intangible thing. Quicksilver can blitz.

Thor has already shown quicksilver isn't too fast for him when he cut off his blitz. Thor at his best wouldn't be caused much harm from iron man's blasts. Thor has already shown his hammer can attack intangible beings. Hell the intangible being he attacked WAS vision.

RetardRobot
Tony has a suit named "Thorbuster". Powered by a magic asgardian crystal that Thor gave Tony himself, Tony used it to make a suit which could challenge Thor. And there's Hulk too, so I go for Avengers

the Darkone
Originally posted by RetardRobot
Tony has a suit named "Thorbuster". Powered by a magic asgardian crystal that Thor gave Tony himself, Tony used it to make a suit which could challenge Thor. And there's Hulk too, so I go for Avengers

You acting like Tony has time get the armor, if he does that doesn't mean Thor cant absorb all the magic properties of the armor and turn it into slag, read the op Ironman not buster armor.

Thor has more options than Avengers, power wise he is above them as a whole, Thor can call upon the purist of Lightning powerful enough to kill immortals even SA Mangog flee from it, omnidirectional blast, cosmic and mystical,Anti Force,God-blast,Thermal blast, Antimatter, matter 7 energy manipulation, etc unleashed on them, or Thor can kill majority of the team with one shot of the hammer, unless some the avengers have hyper-reflexes which they don't.

Thor not holding back equal total annihiliation, team doesn thave the power to contend with Thor. Thor would tag Vision even if he is phase which Thor has done before, or Thor can trap them in vortex and send them into the sun.

Hulkbuster1
Originally posted by the Darkone
You acting like Tony has time get the armor, if he does that doesn't mean Thor cant absorb all the magic properties of the armor and turn it into slag.

Thor has options than Avengers, power wise he is above them as a whole, Thor can call upon the purist of Lightning powerful enough to kill immortals even SA Mangog flee from it, omnidirectional blast, cosmic and mystical,Anti Force,God-blast,Thermal blast, Antimatter, matter 7 energy manipulation, etc unleashed on them, or Thor can kill majority of the team with one shot of the hammer, unless some the avengers have hyper-reflexes which they don't.
yeah but he still lost to hulk and rulk multiple times, or as I call them bulk and skull so meh -_-

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
yeah but he still lost to hulk and rulk multiple times, or as I call them bulk and skull so meh -_-

thumb up to the Bulk and Skull reference.

Thor hasn't lost to Hulk or Hulk multiple times, though. And most of those fights I'm sure you're thinking of was a Thor fighting down to Hulk's level with melee attacks, which is basically the opposite of the Thor being discussed here via the OP.

Anyway, if Thor takes to the skies and invokes a planetary storm, most of these people are straight up boned.

the Darkone

Good job reading OP erm !

Thor when fight the Hulk in the past fights the Hulk on his terms, and won most of them.

Now if you have read the OP which you haven't, this a Thor that is not holding back which is whole new story, Thor has the power to rock high cosmic beings and sky fathers he will reduce the avengers to ash.
I hope you are not trying to suggest that the avengers have a shot of beating a Thor that will unleashed all of his most powerful attacks, you really don't read comics in context.

Hulkbuster1
thumb up to the Bulk and Skull reference.

Thor hasn't lost to Hulk or Hulk multiple times, though. And most of those fights I'm sure you're thinking of was a Thor fighting down to Hulk's level with melee attacks, which is basically the opposite of the Thor being discussed here via the OP.

Anyway, if Thor takes to the skies and invokes a planetary storm, most of these people are straight up boned.
oh I thought I read or heard hulk kicking thors A*smile with his own hammer and was able to lift it up.us I do know they have battled alot but whether they were canonical or not is another thing. rulk beat thor but thor later got the win. hulk also beat thor in hulk vs. thor dvd which they said is based on comic.

JakeTheBank
oh I thought I read or heard hulk kicking thors A*smile with his own hammer and was able to lift it up.us I do know they have battled alot but whether they were canonical or not is another thing. rulk beat thor but thor later got the win. hulk also beat thor in hulk vs. thor dvd which they said is based on comic.

In "Let the Battle Begins", Hulk was able to grasp Thor's hand while holding onto Mjolnir and make him bash himself in the face until he was KOed. Supposedly, Banner's recollection of said events was hazy, leading some to believe it was possibly a dream or something. In any case, it was a bit silly, given how in the past, when people have tried to "trick" Mjolnir into harming Thor, it would fail, barring instances of people overcoming the enchantment or corrupting it like the Enchanters.

Rulk got the jump on Thor, true and used some gravity loophole to attack him. Thor later returned and by Rulk's own admission, nearly killed him.

Hulk vs. Thor/Wolverine isn't canon and isn't based on any single comic book arc.

Regardless, a melee orientated Thor is a completely different animal than a Thor using his most powerful attacks with next to no inhibitions, which is something some people either can't or won't accept.

Hulkbuster1
Originally posted by the Darkone
Good job reading OP erm !

Thor when fight the Hulk in the past fights the Hulk on his terms, and won most of them.

Now if you have read the OP which you haven't, this a Thor that is not holding back which is whole new story, Thor has the power to rock high cosmic beings and sky fathers he will reduce the avengers to ash.
I hope you are not trying to suggest that the avengers have a shot of beating a Thor that will unleashed all of his most powerful attacks, you really don't read comics in context.

But beyonder said hulk was power incarnate and his anger powers him up like legendary broly and he wbh mad now. besides golden age superman has beaten thor and he's arguably as strong as war hulk.

iceman24567
But beyonder said hulk was power incarnate and his anger powers him up like legendary broly and he wbh mad now. besides golden age superman has beaten thor and he's arguably as strong as war hulk. What?

Hulkbuster1
In "Let the Battle Begins", Hulk was able to grasp Thor's hand while holding onto Mjolnir and make him bash himself in the face until he was KOed. Supposedly, Banner's recollection of said events was hazy, leading some to believe it was possibly a dream or something. In any case, it was a bit silly, given how in the past, when people have tried to "trick" Mjolnir into harming Thor, it would fail, barring instances of people overcoming the enchantment or corrupting it like the Enchanters.

Rulk got the jump on Thor, true and used some gravity loophole to attack him. Thor later returned and by Rulk's own admission, nearly killed him.

Hulk vs. Thor/Wolverine isn't canon and isn't based on any single comic book arc.

Regardless, a melee orientated Thor is a completely different animal than a Thor using his most powerful attacks with next to no inhibitions, which is something some people either can't or won't accept.

well guess its back to reading the respect threads again embarrasment big grin

JakeTheBank
But beyonder said hulk was power incarnate and his anger powers him up like legendary broly and he wbh mad now. besides golden age superman has beaten thor and he's arguably as strong as war hulk.

Hulk's potential was stated to be unlimited, which is completely different from actually having unlimited power. In any case, while it is certainly an impressive statement to be made, we know Hulk doesn't truly have unlimited power. At least, I hope we all know that...

Also not sure where Broly comes into this...

Thor fought Superman prior to the Flashpoint-retcon, not Golden Age Superman.

JakeTheBank
well guess its back to reading the respect threads again embarrasment big grin

I'd suggest reading the whole comics, both Thor and Hulk ones, instead of visiting either respect thread. While respect threads are good for feats, reading the entire comic is a better way to grasp the whole thing.

the Darkone

Thor holds back against the Hulk, Thor has won most of their conflicts fighting on hulk terms, if Thor fights on his terms he would literally rip the Hulk in half with his powers.

Hulkbuster1
What?

yeah in secret wars, I believe, he said hulk was power incarnate/representation. I read golden age supes beat thor and its argued he was weaker than wbh but equl to war hulk.

iceman24567
yeah in secret wars, I believe, he said hulk was power incarnate/representation. I read golden age supes beat thor and its argued he was weaker than wbh but equl to war hulk. Um ok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/tumblr_loqhz01zHL1qg95ve.gif

the Darkone
yeah in secret wars, I believe, he said hulk was power incarnate/representation. I read golden age supes beat thor and its argued he was weaker than wbh but equl to war hulk.
:wrf: are u talking about Thor never fought golden or silver age superman it was post crisis/modern superman!
In the original avengers v jla it was original scripted and sign off by both companies that pc Superman and Thor fight ends in a stalemate, this came from jim shooter.

Thor not holding back is greater than any Hulk period, to say other wise is balant ignorance. Third powers dwarfs Hulk end of story, you need to read comics in context, not respect threads!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.