Captain America in a Throw Down Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SouthSpawn
He recovers to full strength after each fight.

Fist Fight, no gadgets.

1. Ozymandias
2. Daredevil
3. Batman
4. Luke Cage
5. Spiderman

SouthSpawn
Bump

Kid Kurdy
1. Cap
2. Cap
3. Cap
4. Dies
5. Dies

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
1. Cap
2. Cap
3. Cap
4. Dies
5. Dies I'm not convinced that he couldn't beat Spiderman though. IMO Cage should be #5 and Spidey should be #4.

h1a8
Originally posted by SouthSpawn

Fist Fight, no gadgets.

1. Ozymandias
2. Daredevil
3. Batman
4. Luke Cage
5. Spiderman

1. Good fight either split or Cap slightly.
2. Daredevil
3. Cap
4. Luke
5. Spidey

h1a8
Originally posted by Brockalizer
I'm not convinced that he couldn't beat Spiderman though. IMO Cage should be #5 and Spidey should be #4.

Then you are crazy. Because 2 CA with their shields couldn't beat Spidey using the full capacity rule.

Cap here is not only solo but doesn't have his shield.

Magnon
1. Ozymandias
2. Cap
3. split
4. Luke
5. Spidey

h1a8
Originally posted by Magnon
1. Ozymandias
2. Cap
3. split
4. Luke
5. Spidey

I can go with this but I think Cap beats Bats because of greater stamina, greater strength (not by much though), and about equal skill.

With gadgets Bats would own Cap though.

JakeTheBank
...Ozymandias would get his ass kicked.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by h1a8
Then you are crazy. Because 2 CA with their shields couldn't beat Spidey using the full capacity rule.

Cap here is not only solo but doesn't have his shield. The only reason I picked Cap over Spidey is because Captain America has forgotten more about digging deep and overcoming tredendous odds than Spiderman will ever know.

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by Brockalizer
The only reason I picked Cap over Spidey is because Captain America has forgotten more about digging deep and overcoming tredendous odds than Spiderman will ever know.

That will be a great comfort to him when he awakens form his coma.

cdtm
Originally posted by SouthSpawn

Fist Fight, no gadgets.

1. Ozymandias
2. Daredevil
3. Batman
4. Luke Cage
5. Spiderman

Stops at 2.

You should have put in Panther over Ozy, or at least someone good like
Batroc.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by cdtm
Stops at 2.

facepalm

cdtm
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
facepalm

The "altered heartbeat" thing is hit or miss, as his radar sense worked fine on Cap at one point, yet had problems at others. I'm assuming it should work fine on him now..

But if it doesn't, than it stops at 3. stick out tongue

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by cdtm
The "altered heartbeat" thing is hit or miss, as his radar sense worked fine on Cap at one point, yet had problems at others. I'm assuming it should work fine on him now..

But if it doesn't, than it stops at 3. stick out tongue

DD's radar sense works on Cap. His Batgirl + move reading abilities don't (similar to how Batgirl's don't work on Deathstroke).

Captain America rails through both Matt and Bruce, but DD does better.

abhilegend
Srank is still hating on batman.mmm

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by abhilegend
Srank is still hating on batman.mmm

Batman love is for fake comic fans, this forum is for people who read comics. Feel free to take your Batsurbation to tumblr where the hipsters who pretend to like comics reside. cool

golem370
Spider-Man could stop Captain America's throw before he could get the shield out of his hand.

Dream Stuff
Eh, it's not unrealistic that DD takes Cap with no shield. DD is quite strong, as skilled, and significantly faster. He's also much less durable. Since DD has, by far, the best reflexes of any street I can think of:

1. Cap
2. Split
3. Cap
4. Cap/split (Luke is not immune to nerve strikes)
5. Dies

abhilegend
Batman love is for fake comic fans, this forum is for people who read comics. Feel free to take your Batsurbation to tumblr where the hipsters who pretend to like comics reside. cool
Yeah, only you are the guy who knows what the actual comics are, when in all likelyhood I've read far more comics than you. Though your sad attempts at elitism amuses me.

srankmissingnin
Yeah, only you are the guy who knows what the actual comics are, when in all likelyhood I've read far more comics than you. Though your sad attempts at elitism amuses me.

If you read comics then you'd know Captain America would fold Batman up like a lawn chair. You're story is full of holes, and sinking faster than Battleship at the North American box office. evil face

I'm always skeptical of the claims of guys like you and Subby. It's the same stuff that Longpig was saying years ago when he was trying to prove that Batman and Slade were equal to or greater than Cap. Trying to claim that there was parity in the feats between the two, and that he didn't need to be told anything about Captain America because he had read all the issues... and then when he finally came back after a long absence he admitted he was talking out of his ass. Not only that but after having actually bothered to read Captain America's appearances in his absence he conceded the fact that we were right. As far as I'm concerned the only logical explanation for someone thinking that Batman is a match for Captain America is that they haven't read enough Captain America appearances to make an informed opinion... and if they say otherwise then they - like Longpig before them - are lying.

"Batman is the best," is the opinion of uneducated nubs. cool

abhilegend
If you read comics then you'd know Captain America would fold Batman up like a lawn chair. You're story is full of holes, and sinking faster than Battleship at the North American box office. evil face

I'm always skeptical of the claims of guys like you and Subby. It's the same stuff that Longpig was saying years ago when he was trying to prove that Batman and Slade were equal to or greater than Cap. Trying to claim that there was parity in the feats between the two, and that he didn't need to be told anything about Captain America because he had read all the issues... and then when he finally came back after a long absence he admitted he was talking out of his ass. Not only that but after having actually bothered to read Captain America's appearances in his absence he conceded the fact that we were right. As far as I'm concerned the only logical explanation for someone thinking that Batman is a match for Captain America is that they haven't read enough Captain America appearances to make an informed opinion... and if they say otherwise then they - like Longpig before them - are lying.

"Batman is the best," is the opinion of uneducated nubs. cool
Well, I didn't claim anything in this thread so its again just you being a paranoid. Yeah, everybody who doesn't attest to your theory is either a fanboy or hasn't read comics. Well, I'm neither a fanboy and I certainly have read both comics.
So, what does that prove again? Other than you being a paranoid jerk, that is. I never claimed that batman is going to beat cap, did I? But anybody reading your posts can understand that you hate batman.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
...Ozymandias would get his ass kicked.

No he wouldn't. He might even beat Cap

Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Eh, it's not unrealistic that DD takes Cap with no shield. DD is quite strong, as skilled, and significantly faster. He's also much less durable. Since DD has, by far, the best reflexes of any street I can think of:

1. Cap
2. Split
3. Cap
4. Cap/split (Luke is not immune to nerve strikes)
5. Dies

Any showings where a slightly above peak human or less has manage to nerve strike him?

tkitna

This is a great post. Its almost signature worthy, but I just cant give Srank that kind of kudos. laughing out loud

Cap gets through the first three (and yes he would beat Ozymandias' ass). Luke and Spidey win.

h1a8
Although I think Cap and Ozy are very evenly matched I could care less about Cap beating him.

luke and spidey is obvious and Cap beating Batman is also given.
I just think DD edges him out. That radar sense and matt's speed are monstrous.

srankmissingnin
Well, I didn't claim anything in this thread so its again just you being a paranoid. Yeah, everybody who doesn't attest to your theory is either a fanboy or hasn't read comics. Well, I'm neither a fanboy and I certainly have read both comics.
So, what does that prove again? Other than you being a paranoid jerk, that is. I never claimed that batman is going to beat cap, did I? But anybody reading your posts can understand that you hate batman.

Luckily for me my memory is good enough to remember things you have said. cool

I like Batman just fine. What I don't like is Batman fanboys who take offense to the notion that Batman isn't the best ever, and have difficult piecing together a sentence that doesn't consist of "zomg batkick for the wins!" I didn't role out of a Hot Topic with a Dark Knight Returns Heath Ledge Joker shirt, and I have more knowledge about Batman then bits every hipster has strung together piecemeal from old memories of the Tim Burton movies, half a dozen episodes of TAS, and the bits and pieces they remember for recess in public school. I read comics, which is the reason I know that Captain America is above Batman. That's the opinion anyone who claims to be knowledgeable of both characters should have... there isn't a lot of wiggle room in comparing the feats of both characters for someone to extrapolate that Batman => Captain America without completely disregarding a sizable portion of Captain America's history. That's not paranoia... that's just how it is. Captain America's feats are noticeably better than Batman's and he operates on a higher level. But please... enjoy your lofty position on whatever elusive and mysterious two man council you and Namorsubby chair. Such prestige! evil face

abhilegend
Luckily for me my memory is good enough to remember things you have said. cool

I like Batman just fine. What I don't like is Batman fanboys who take offense to the notion that Batman isn't the best ever, and have difficult piecing together a sentence that doesn't consist of "zomg batkick for the wins!" I didn't role out of a Hot Topic with a Dark Knight Returns Heath Ledge Joker shirt, and I have more knowledge about Batman then bits every hipster has strung together piecemeal from old memories of the Tim Burton movies, half a dozen episodes of TAS, and the bits and pieces they remember for recess in public school. I read comics, which is the reason I know that Captain America is above Batman. That's the opinion anyone who claims to be knowledgeable of both characters should have... there isn't a lot of wiggle room in comparing the feats of both characters for someone to extrapolate that Batman => Captain America without completely disregarding a sizable portion of Captain America's history. That's not paranoia... that's just how it is. Captain America's feats are noticeably better than Batman's and he operates on a higher level. But please... enjoy your lofty position on whatever elusive and mysterious two man council you and Namorsubby chair. Such prestige! evil face
Oh then quote the fanboyish things I've said about batman.

Yeah, good luck convincing anybody that you like batman. Oh and I read both comics just fine. Like I said, anybody who doesn't attest to your theory is either a fanboy or doesn't read comics. What a broad generalization! Yeah that's right. Well I've already said that cap is stronger than batman, but unless its 4 or 5 times stronger than batman, its not enough for you, is it? Rest assured I certainly think that your one man council where wolverine beats validus in melee is more prestigious.

Silent Master
Cap
Cap
Cap
Luke
Spider-man

StiltmanFTW
Any showings where a slightly above peak human or less has manage to nerve strike him?

Nerve jabs affect him, but he has some resistance.

tkitna
Originally posted by Silent Master
Cap
Cap
Cap
Luke
Spider-man

And this should be the only answer. /thread

DTM
Cap beats 1 - 3, loses to 4 and 5 (heck without his shield I dont think he can even hurt Cage).

Sr J-Bieb
Is the guy who's known as a massive... MASSIVE Wolverine fan and has argued vehemently for him in so many stupid outgunned threads, complaining about Batman being too mainstream for "fans" and telling people to read comics?

This is rich.

---

Cap stalemates at 2 and 3 and dismantles everyone else including Luke Cage and Spider Man... at the same time if need be.

Eon Blue
Batman wins.

Silent Master
No, he doesn't.

Bentley
Yeah, good luck convincing anybody that you like batman.

He is a Batman fan actually, at least in the sense that he has read a bunch of Batman comics and has a solid image of who Batman is and what he is capable of. I'd say he has read more Batman comics than most of the self-declared "Batman" fans around here.

That said, he's also known for blalantly hating Midnighter, so he can be wrong stick out tongue

cdtm
No, he doesn't.

I agree.

He wins with ease. ^_^

Silent Master
I agree, Cap wins w/ease. pile

h1a8
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Nerve jabs affect him, but he has some resistance.

Nerve jabs by Superman of course. I asked are there any showings of characters around peak human level that pressure point affected him?
If so then what comic or what scan?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Is the guy who's known as a massive... MASSIVE Wolverine fan and has argued vehemently for him in so many stupid outgunned threads, complaining about Batman being too mainstream for "fans" and telling people to read comics?

This is rich.

---

Cap stalemates at 2 and 3 and dismantles everyone else including Luke Cage and Spider Man... at the same time if need be.
Yeah, just look in any thor vs wolverine thread. The guy has said so many stupid things that even h1 would be hard pressed to match that. I think that we need a srank respect thread.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Bentley
He is a Batman fan actually, at least in the sense that he has read a bunch of Batman comics and has a solid image of who Batman is and what he is capable of. I'd say he has read more Batman comics than most of the self-declared "Batman" fans around here.

That said, he's also known for blalantly hating Midnighter, so he can be wrong stick out tongue
He could've read every batman comics ever for all I care. He still comes off as a hater and tries to pass it on fanboys.

StiltmanFTW
Nerve jabs by Superman of course. I asked are there any showings of characters around peak human level that pressure point affected him?
If so then what comic or what scan?

Yes, there are. Go to his respect thread, last page. Cage is attacked by a woman, but gets up and subdues her.

h1a8
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yes, there are. Go to his respect thread, last page. Cage is attacked by a woman, but gets up and subdues her.

A woman? Then it's PIS and doesn't count and thus irrelevant in the first place.

remender
srankmissingnin sounds very similiar to this guy on Comicvine who was notorious for fan wanking Marvel and constantly downplaying DC. if he's who I think he is, he actually got owned by Comicvine's moderator Buckshot on several threads relating to the Midnighter.

I've read every volume of Captain America and Daredevil and neither is as skilled as Batman is.
I've spoken to 3 people who are masters of Daredevil lore and have read every single appearance of the character, and they pretty much agreed. One of the is a moderator on Comicvine named Vance Astro, who has over 40,000 points on the Daredevil wiki page on the site.

Daredevil and Captain America have had several fights and Cap has never been able to get a desicive victory over him, and in their last fight Daredevil completely chumped Captain America.
At the very best he can take a 5/10 against Matt

Batman would easily replicate the same thing if not outperform in the same scenario. For all the physical feats Cap has it hasn't helped him against characters he physically outclasses. Batman would take 5/10 at least against Cap if not greater.

I'm surprised people don't simple ignore srank with his constant lulz marvel is awesome and dc is the sux bias that he tries to hide and is too stupid to realize that people see through his pro marvel and anti dc hogwash.

Silent Master
I notice that none of the people you asked were "masters of Captain America lore".

SamZED
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
That will be a great comfort to him when he awakens form his coma. laughing laughing laughing thumb up

remender
I notice that none of the people you asked were "masters of Captain America lore". You're point? I was talking about Daredevil, not Captain America, and how Cap has never been able to win fairly against Matt and even got chumped in their last fight

remender
Yeah, only you are the guy who knows what the actual comics are, when in all likelyhood I've read far more comics than you. Though your sad attempts at elitism amuses me. Batsurbation? Is there a reason why this guy is such a condescending douche? Did he get molested by a guy in a Batman costume when he was young?

JakeTheBank
How is Bruce more skilled than Steve again?

V.S.
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
How is Bruce more skilled than Steve again? He has better skill based feats. More advanced martial arts techniques, and doesn't physically outclass most of his opponents where Cap does and still fails to beat a good chunk of them ei Daredevil, Iron Fist

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by V.S.
He has better skill based feats. More advanced martial arts techniques, and doesn't physically outclass most of his opponents where Cap does and still fails to beat a good chunk of them ei Daredevil, Iron Fist

Skill feats such as what?

V.S.
Being able to erase memories and disable limbs with nerve strikes, fighting on an astral plane, modifying Shiva's lepard blow to a non lethal version. Being able to identify Batgirl's falling leaf technique.

Bentley
Batman is probably more skilled, but the SSS gives Cap the edge in straight combat. Steve remains an aggresively efficient combatant when it comes to skill, so it's not a wash out anyways. I don't thank that to say Batman is more skilled is such a blasphemy to be honest.

srankmissingnin
Oh then quote the fanboyish things I've said about batman.

Yeah, good luck convincing anybody that you like batman. Oh and I read both comics just fine. Like I said, anybody who doesn't attest to your theory is either a fanboy or doesn't read comics. What a broad generalization! Yeah that's right. Well I've already said that cap is stronger than batman, but unless its 4 or 5 times stronger than batman, its not enough for you, is it? Rest assured I certainly think that your one man council where wolverine beats validus in melee is more prestigious.

My opinion on the matter isn't something I've arbitrarily come to by happenstance. I read comics. What I mean by that is I spend the majority of free time reading and rereading comics, and when I'm not reading comics, I'm drawing and creating my own. I've read every canon appearance of virtually every street level comic book character, regardless of their renown, in Marvel / DC and most of the other major publishers. I don't think Captain America is better than Batman, I know he is better than Batman and I've worked hard and done countless hours of research so I can say that confidently. I don't hate Batman, and I never set out with the intent to prove that he wasn't as good as Cap, that's just what the evidence says. I stand by my stance and I welcome anyone to challenge it. What about you? Because I seem to recall you saying you have no interest in street level characters what-so-ever, and that you can't be bother to do a BZ challenge with me.

So yes I believe that there are only a few possible reasons for having a differing opinion than mine on this subject matter. A person can either be a fanboy who is actively ignoring evidence that doesn't support their bias opinion in order to maintain their confirmation bias, they haven't read enough comics on the subject matter to formulate an accurate and relevant opinion, or they are an idiot. Maybe that's arrogant, but I see it as confidence, confidence that two decades of reading predominately street level comics has afforded me with enough knowledge to accurate determine something as simple and elementary as how Captain America and Batman relate to one another physically and in martial prowess.

I don't think anyone on KMZ has said Wolverine could beat Pre ZH Validus.

Originally posted by Bentley

Midnighter beat up Grifter, he brought it on himself. evil face

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

I've never argued for Wolverine in thread where he is outgunned. If I say Wolverine will a fight, it's because he will win it. cool

I'm not really seeing the parallel you are attempting to draw between Batman and Wolverine. Batman is universally loved on KMC, while Wolverine is universally reviled. So we get posters hyping Batman and low balling Wolverine. The only reason I post in all the Wolverine threads is to correct all the inaccurate statements and misconceptions. If other posters bothered to be impartial in the first place, I wouldn't need to correct them, then you wouldn't need to complain about me defending Wolverine, and we'd all save a lot of time.

Yeah, just look in any thor vs wolverine thread. The guy has said so many stupid things that even h1 would be hard pressed to match that. I think that we need a srank respect thread.

Everything I've said in the Thor vs Wolverine threads is %100 accurate. The reality is, those threads are all designed with a myriad of stipulations that push the fight heavily in Wolverine's favour. A ground Thor, limited to melee, and who can only use Mjolnir as a bashing device isn't taking the majority from Wolverine. Would Thor win a fight where he isn't neutered by the thread creator for the express purpose of giving Wolverine a chance at winning? Obviously.

It's not like I made those threads to make Wolverine look good. You got a problem take it up with the OP.

He could've read every batman comics ever for all I care. He still comes off as a hater and tries to pass it on fanboys.

The only way I come off as a hater is if the very notion that Batman isn't the absolute best at everything offends you to the core of your being. I'm simply a realist. The fact is Marvel's streets operate on a higher level than DCs. It's folly to pretend that DC = Marvel, and that everything is identical for some naive sense of bipartisan ship. What are the odds of that being right? Marvel has more street level characters, many of which have powers, and their street level characters aren't all intrinsically tied to one property like DC. DC's street level scene is essentially Batman and Batman proteges, and Green Arrow... and every character spends their time in the shadow of Batman. Marvel doesn't do that. I think it's humorous that most Batman fans have no trouble acknowledging that Cassandra Cain could take the majority from Bruce in h2h... yet Daredevil who has the same abilities and better stats... is out of his league. Yeah, I'm the one blinded by party allegiances? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by remender
srankmissingnin sounds very similiar to this guy on Comicvine who was notorious for fan wanking Marvel and constantly downplaying DC. if he's who I think he is, he actually got owned by Comicvine's moderator Buckshot on several threads relating to the Midnighter.

I've read every volume of Captain America and Daredevil and neither is as skilled as Batman is.
I've spoken to 3 people who are masters of Daredevil lore and have read every single appearance of the character, and they pretty much agreed. One of the is a moderator on Comicvine named Vance Astro, who has over 40,000 points on the Daredevil wiki page on the site.

Daredevil and Captain America have had several fights and Cap has never been able to get a desicive victory over him, and in their last fight Daredevil completely chumped Captain America.

Batman would easily replicate the same thing if not outperform in the same scenario. For all the physical feats Cap has it hasn't helped him against characters he physically outclasses. Batman would take 5/10 at least against Cap if not greater.

I'm surprised people don't simple ignore srank with his constant lulz marvel is awesome and dc is the sux bias that he tries to hide and is too stupid to realize that people see through his pro marvel and anti dc hogwash.

Back again Wang? Awesome we missed your patented brand of "insight." Anyway you've already been banned again, so this response is solely for the benefit of everyone else in this thread who might not be familiar with your bs.

The discussion between myself and Buckshot is open for anyone to see. Merely getting the last post because he waited two weeks for me to stop posting on Comicvine before offering a rebuttal doesn't constitute an "owning," especially when I was embarrassing him the entire time and when he finally bother to post it was nothing but a rehash of points I had already addressed. That the internet equivalent of waiting until someone leaves the room and then whispering a come back under your breath and declaring yourself the winner of the argument.

Captain America and Daredevil have never had a real fight. One of them is always mind controlled, brain washed or drugged and hallucinating. The two times Captain America was the one who was drugged, Daredevil was easily worked over (DD was even knocked out with one punch). The two times Daredevil was the one not in his right mind, Captain America easily stalemated him and arguable had the advantage. DD got the better of Cap briefly when he ambushed the Avengers in the dark,but he as never "chumped" Cap. Their most recent fight, where you allege that Daredevil "chumped" Captain America amounted to nothing, Cap wanted to see if DD was back to normal after Shadow Land, DD dodged Cap a couple times, Cap lassoed Matt's leg, they stopped fighting and talked. Owned?

Captain America has never gone all out on Daredevil while in his right mind. If the two of them ever had a read drag out fight were both parties were actively trying to put the other one down as quickly as possible Captain America would win. Easily.

Also isn't Vance Astro the same idiot who says Shang-Chi as never done anything? laughing

BattleMage
Originally posted by remender

I'm surprised people don't simple ignore srank with his constant lulz marvel is awesome and dc is the sux bias that he tries to hide and is too stupid to realize that people see through his pro marvel and anti dc hogwash. Dare devil has ran from cap before after feeling one of his punches. Did the mods mention that? Batman is a beast, But Cap's a Monster! If they fight, Cap no doubt would have a broken arm, ribs and nose. But Batman would be in a coma!

DTM
Agreed 100%.

BattleMage
Also isn't Vance Astro the same idiot who says Shang-Chi as never done anything? laughing Yes he is.

cdtm
Originally posted by BattleMage
Also isn't Vance Astro the same idiot who says Shang-Chi as never done anything? laughing Yes he is.

He made a really good GL respect thread about six years ago, I think on Alvaro's GL board. Long gone now though....

I don't know what happened to him, if half the things said about him here are true..

red sabre
Cap clears the first 3 easily

Cap vs luke cage i give it to Cap , kick to the balls ripping out cage eyes and shove them down his throat FTW

Cap vs Spidy i give it to spidy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.