Thor Vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins? No prep.. No BFR

Thor

Vs

Gladiator

Bonus question...

Rank in order the top 3 or 5 most powerful heroes that reside/spend most of there time fighing evil on Marvel earth? Currently
with #1 being ur most powerful... Thanks

JakeTheBank
Thor.

Damborgson
Thor wins soundly.

DARTH POWER
Thor 8/10.

I predict this will turn into another "But Thor can't handle speedsters" thread. Which will keep being brought up no matter how many times Thor handles them.

We will be told to imagine scenarios of Gladiator punching Thor a Gazillion times in half a milli-second and we will be given calculations to back it up. But no proof from comics.

ozz81
Thor

biensalsa
If this is a comic book fight THOR wins as HE HAS in the past. BUT Comic book fights are different from forum fights.

There might be some people like a bounty hunter who will like to turn a blind eye to this and will ask for evidence and when given the evidence they will disregard it and not take into account CONTEXT.

If this is a fight in which you take into account reaction capabilities of microseconds, nanoseconds and such. It means a character can react at microseconds but the other guy at nanoseconds is effectively 1,000 times faster than the microseconds guy, with the same strength packing punch or above.

I don't think I can defeat a guy who moves 1000 times faster than myself who hits as hard as me but if anyone does, feel free to do so.

Second
decisecond
centisecond
millisecond Human speed of thought 300 milliseconds
microsecond
nanosecond
picosecond
femtosecond Flash reaction time is 1 trillion times faster than average humans at his highest showing IIRC
attosecond
zeptosecond
yoctosecond

So make your own calculations and come to what ever conclusion you might want.

quanchi112
Thor wins, clearly.

h1a8
If Glad uses his best speed through a sufficient portion of the fight then he wins.
If he goes dumb and fights at Thor's speed then he loses a slightly majority.

BattleMage
Originally posted by biensalsa
If this is a comic book fight THOR wins as HE HAS in the past. BUT Comic book fights are different from forum fights.

There might be some people like a bounty hunter who will like to turn a blind eye to this and will ask for evidence and when given the evidence they will disregard it and not take into account CONTEXT.

If this is a fight in which you take into account reaction capabilities of microseconds, nanoseconds and such. It means a character can react at microseconds but the other guy at nanoseconds is effectively 1,000 times faster than the microseconds guy, with the same strength packing punch or above.

I don't think I can defeat a guy who moves 1000 times faster than myself who hits as hard as me but if anyone does, feel free to do so.

Second
decisecond
centisecond
microsecond
nanosecond
picosecond
femtosecond Flash reaction time is 1 trillion times faster than average humans at his highest showing IIRC
attosecond
zeptosecond
yoctosecond

So make your own calculations and come to what ever conclusion you might want. Goddamn!

Slaanesh
if Glad utilize his speed..he can win this..if not..Thor everytime..

joesha28
Am Thor fan... but it's not a easy win for Thor. With Glads confidence rocket high, they pretty much rough up each other. But Thor is tough, he's damage soak is quite high ( like against the Phoenix in Avengers #26) and Glads will lose his confidence and will spiral to a defeat.

JakeTheBank
Gladiator's confidence will have no bearing on Thor kicking his ass.

DTM
Thor will not kick Gladiators ass, not even close, but he will beat him in the end.

JakeTheBank
It will be pretty even until Thor cranks it up to a level that Gladiator can't compete with.

-Pr-

Second
decisecond
centisecond
microsecond
nanosecond
picosecond
attosecond
zeptosecond
yoctosecond

We also take in to account personality.

janus77
Originally posted by -Pr-
Gladiator's cool, Thor's an ass, we support Gladiator? confused

JakeTheBank

Also on panel evidence of Thor being decidedly superior to Gladiator. thumb up

deathlife
Thor has smacked Gladiator around before.

Thor wins.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

We will be told to imagine scenarios of Gladiator punching Thor a Gazillion times in half a milli-second and we will be given calculations to back it up. But no proof from comics.

Second
decisecond
centisecond
microsecond
nanosecond
picosecond
attosecond
zeptosecond
yoctosecond

Placidity

There might be some people like a bounty hunter who will like to turn a blind eye to this

We will be told to imagine scenarios of Gladiator punching Thor a Gazillion times in half a milli-second and we will be given calculations to back it up.

biensalsa

I guess if We take into account his personality which is often portrayed in comics as not exploiting his full potential, then We might as well just say, this is a comic book fight.

The faster character will have to slow down in order to present a decent fight because that is how he has been portrayed over the years.

In the particular case of Gladiator who is a warrior, I don't see how his personality will prevent him to use his power at full potential in a warrior vs warrior match, but since comics often slow down speedsters to make comics longer than a single page. Not using their full speed becomes part of their modus operandi. So no matter how much potential they have to use their speed they will not use it, because they simple don't show it in comics.

Since Glads is fighting with handicap and He has always lost with this handicap Thor wins.

But by numbers and potential Glads should win more often than not.

DARTH POWER

Based on what? Glads being faster? Glads using his full potential combat speed?

Well yeah sure. If you just ignore Thor's full potential of powers then that's exactly what would happen.

biensalsa

Well yeah sure. If you just ignore Thor's full potential of powers then that's exactly what would happen.

Second
decisecond
centisecond
microsecond
nanosecond
picosecond
attosecond
zeptosecond
yoctosecond

If You think Thor can perform a gods blast in a nanosecond, be my guest.

DARTH POWER
^ And exactly where in that response have you accounted for the full potential of all the powers at Thor's disposal?

Again:

Originally posted by Me

biensalsa
^ And exactly where in that response have you accounted for the full potential of all the powers at Thor's disposal?

Again:

You don't get this do you?

What ever power He might have is rendered basically useless if the other guy is moving 1000 times faster. For the guy moving 1000 times faster everything that Thor does is, being done in slow motion.

He has plenty of time to dodge and move around Thor's attacks, how is He going to counter that?

let me give an example of how perception works

This is a humming bird at 30 frames per second, human brain is wired to process 30 fps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n71TgeWXd0

This is another hummingbird at 600 fps your perception has been increased 20 times, do you see a difference?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdmTBjhZmyc&feature=relmfu

gogogadgetgo
^ trololololol lololol!

seriously, stop trolling.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Thor fought the real Gladiator once and was amazed at his power. Get over yourself. If Gladiator would have used a percentage of his speed, Thor would have been rocked. As for the fight, I'm giving this to Thor...Gladiator is above him but his cockyness will be his downfall.

carver9
I guess if We take into account his personality which is often portrayed in comics as not exploiting his full potential, then We might as well just say, this is a comic book fight.

The faster character will have to slow down in order to present a decent fight because that is how he has been portrayed over the years.

In the particular case of Gladiator who is a warrior, I don't see how his personality will prevent him to use his power at full potential in a warrior vs warrior match, but since comics often slow down speedsters to make comics longer than a single page. Not using their full speed becomes part of their modus operandi. So no matter how much potential they have to use their speed they will not use it, because they simple don't show it in comics.

Since Glads is fighting with handicap and He has always lost with this handicap Thor wins.

In 90% of the fights Gladiator has been in, he has used his speed.

carver9

Why debate against a character you know nothing about? Gladiator has nano second fts.

biensalsa
Originally posted by carver9
In 90% of the fights Gladiator has been in, he has used his speed.

Yes at full potential? or has He being slowed down to make the comic longer?

biensalsa
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
^ trololololol lololol!

seriously, stop trolling.

If that is the only thing you can do, keep at it.

I have not seen anything from you that suggest you are a serious debater, the only thing I have seen from you is flaming posting.

Your trolling is so bad that even in threads were Superman is not in you put him in this is from What if WBH? thread:

Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
supernman dies screeming like a pussy

Lol where in the Hell Superman was mentioned in that post?

carver9

No, he always blitz. He blitz Nova, blitzed Wonderman (and almost took his head off), blitzed Thing, blitzed Human Torch, blitzed Hyperion, blitzed Cannonball, blitzed Reed Richards, blitzed Masterson, blitzed Rachel and a Phoenix, blitzed Rachel again...and the list goes on. He utilize his speed in all of his battles, so it is a common thing for him.

carver9
He just doesn't consistently use it like here.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/WOK03-021.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/WOK03-022.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/WOK03-023.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/WOK03-024.jpg

He doesn't walk around in a blur.

DARTH POWER
You don't get this do you?

What ever power He might have is rendered basically useless if the other guy is moving 1000 times faster. For the guy moving 1000 times faster everything that Thor does is, being done in slow motion.

He has plenty of time to dodge and move around Thor's attacks, how is He going to counter that?

No it's you who just doesn't get it.

I've said 2 or 3 times "Are you not going to allow Thor to use his fullest potential like your adamant on Gladiator doing?"

And each time instead of asking "What potential" you've just carried on with your speed rant!

Thor could be flying at speeds approaching Light (or faster) with the aid of Mjolnir. And it won't necessarily just be "travel" speed. So how will that look like Thor being forzen in time.??

Thor could send Light speed energy attacks in all directions. So how will those attacks be moving in slow motion to Gladiator??

Thor can send the full power of Tornadoes from a thousand worlds combined in all directions which would I'm sure at least slow Gladiator down.

Thor could be INSTANTLY teleporting all over the place (if you want to use the full potential of characters powers never actually displayed). Will he still look frozen in time to Gladiator??

And all this on top of the fact that Thor CAN PERCEIVE Speedsters. He can perceive Objects moving beyond Light Speed. And has reaction time has been quantified in Micro-seconds. (Yes slower than nano-seconds but fast enough to react to a blitz).

Now are you going to keep up this charade of this imaginary scenario where Gladiator (and/or any heavyweight speedster) uses their speed beyond the fullest potential ever displayed in combat, while not allowing Thor the same privelage (of using his full array of powers to their up most potential)???

carver9

I see where you are going with this but no, he doesn't use it at full potential but people saying that he possibly won't use it in a forum battle is wrong.

DARTH POWER
Why debate against a character you know nothing about? Gladiator has nano second fts.

It amazes me you think Glads will speed blitz Thor, and yet Supes can not speed blitz the Hulk.

As for your comment, we're talking about Thor responding to a Blitz from Glads, so Glads reaction feats are not really that relevant imo.

What is relevant is the speed Glads can move at and if Thor can react to such movements. And if he can't initially, then how many hits will he take before he can??

OneDumbG0
Yes at full potential? or has He being slowed down to make the comic longer? Gladiator at full potential should be based on what we actually see in the comics. This is how strength, durability, superpowers, weaknesses and fighting skills are measured. Speed isn't anything different. It should never be and that's only fair. Throwing around time measurement errata doesn't obfuscate that.

While this is true:

Character A not using FTL blitzes in comics much (if at all) =/= Character A not being able to do it in comics.

Protesting the very material these characters inhabit as being "compromised" is a patent false dichotomy:

Character A not using FTL blitzes in comics much (if at all) =/= Character A being purposefully dumbed down by comic authors.

Now you can try to argue against all that (good luck) but the following statement should not be controversial:

Character A not using FTL blitzes in comics much (if at all) = there being little on-panel proof that Character A will use FTL blitzes by any reliable measure in a KMC forum fight.

carver9
It amazes me you think Glads will speed blitz Thor, and yet Supes can not speed blitz the Hulk.

As for your comment, we're talking about Thor responding to a Blitz from Glads, so Glads reaction feats are not really that relevant imo.

What is relevant is the speed Glads can move at and if Thor can react to such movements. And if he can't initially, then how many hits will he take before he can??

When did I say Gladiator would win? When did I say he would win via speed blitz? I already gave Thor the win.

Thor will get blitzed but I don't think it will happen in the fashion that most believe. Heralds doesn't fight like that consistently so Thor WILL be hitting him.

DARTH POWER
When did I say Gladiator would win? When did I say he would win via speed blitz? I already gave Thor the win.

Thor will get blitzed but I don't think it will happen in the fashion that most believe. Heralds doesn't fight like that consistently so Thor WILL be hitting him.

Fair enough, but just so you know I got that impression from this:

If Gladiator would have used a percentage of his speed, Thor would have been rocked.

And this:

carver9
Fair enough, but just so you know I got that impression from this:

And this:

If Gladiator fought at nano second speeds, how could Thor compete? Even though he has nano second fts, that doesn't mean that he will use it in a forum battle since he rarely fight that fast. Like I said, he will use his speed but he will not use it in the fashion that others are saying, he is hittable and Thor WILL hit him.

Hulkbuster1
If Gladiator fought at nano second speeds, how could Thor compete? Even though he has nano second fts, that doesn't mean that he will use it in a forum battle since he rarely fight that fast. Like I said, he will use his speed but he will not use it in the fashion that others are saying, he is hittable and Thor WILL hit him.
thor can compete by amping his power through odin force or by going psycho warrior madness

DARTH POWER
If Gladiator fought at nano second speeds, how could Thor compete?

Well IF Glads fought at nano second speeds then Thor possibly COULD compete IF he was also flying around at Light Speeds (with the aid of Mjolnir), IF he used Omni-Directional Light Speed Attacks, IF Thor used his teleportation to it's up most ability and IF he did all this using his Mirco-Second reaction time.

But btw just for the record are you admitting that IF Supes fought at nano second speeds then Hulk could not compete??

carver9
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
thor can compete by amping his power through odin force or by going psycho warrior madness

Thor can compete period but if Gladiator is moving around at nano second speeds, Thor will not have the time to amp anything. He will be getting bust in the face by high Herald level strength 100s of time before even realizing the bell rung and this goes for Hulk as well. Too bad Gladiator doesn't fight like this. With that said, due to Gladiator being a cocky idiot majority of the time, Thor wins 8/10.

carver9
Well IF Glads fought at nano second speeds then Thor possibly COULD compete IF he was also flying around at Light Speeds (with the aid of Mjolnir), IF he used Omni-Directional Light Speed Attacks, IF Thor used his teleportation to it's up most ability and IF he did all this using his Mirco-Second reaction time.

But btw just for the record are you admitting that IF Supes fought at nano second speeds then Hulk could not compete??

You don't know what nano second speed is.

As for your second question, if Superman have COMBAT fts of fighting that fast then yes, Hulk wouldnt be moving either. Hulk can take a punch better than Thor imo.

Hyperion Prime
Gladiator wins. He would have won before when he kicked the hammer out of Thor's hand. He would have beat him if it wasn't for the help of Thor Girl and Amora.

Gladiator is faster hands down. It's cis he dosen't fight at full speed.

carver9
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Gladiator wins. He would have won before when he kicked the hammer out of Thor's hand. He would have beat him if it wasn't for the help of Thor Girl and Amora.

Gladiator is faster hands down. It's cis he dosen't fight at full speed.

That wasn't the real Gladiator that Thor fought, that was a Glads from the future. Thor and Glads fought once and it ended in a stalemate.

DARTH POWER
You don't know what nano second speed is.

So Thor teleporting or flying around at Light speeds or using Omni-Directional Light speed attacks, would not make a difference to Light speed attacks from Gladiator?

Note how I even added "Possibly" COULD

Btw are you saying Nano-second speed is way beyond Light speed?

As for your second question, if Superman have COMBAT fts of fighting that fast then yes, Hulk wouldnt be moving either. Hulk can take a punch better than Thor imo.

And Thor has better versatility to handle high level speedsters imo.

Hyperion Prime
That wasn't the real Gladiator that Thor fought, that was a Glads from the future. Thor and Glads fought once and it ended in a stalemate.

Still Glads should be able to take this if he fights smart.

Lord Feron
Glads can take some wins but Thor will win more times than not.

carver9
So Thor teleporting or flying around at Light speeds or using Omni-Directional Light speed attacks, would not make a difference to Light speed attacks from Gladiator?

Note how I even added "Possibly" COULD

Btw are you saying Nano-second speed is way beyond Light speed?

And Thor has better versatility to handle high level speedsters imo.

Darth, it doesn't work like that. If I post a scan of Vulcan flying at superluminal speeds but failing to catch a bullet, would you understand the meaning of the scans?

Thor flying around with Mjlonir guiding him at light speed doesn't mean his.reactions is that fast. Firelord flying around at light speed doesn't mean his reactions is that fast. Ironman flying from Earth to the sun in mid sentence doesn't mean his reactions is that fast. Terrax flying around at 99% the speed of light doesn't make his reactions that fast.

All of this is simple...if Gladiator use his nano second reflexes, flight speed when the battle starts, Thor will not stand a chance. Again, Gladiator doesn't fight like this so it doesn't matter...he will lose.

country1000

Gladiator is faster hands down. It's cis he dosen't fight at full speed. That fact gets overlooked because thor needed living lightnings help, he needed thor girl and amoras help and above all he needed reeds speed amp to even be fast enough to work with the FF to steal weapons. If gladiator attacks thor the same way he attacked him when thor was amped by reeds tech, gladiator would destroy thor every time.

LOL at people calling thor superior to someone who hits just as hard or harder and is stronger and a MILLION times faster and has had thor beat EVERYTIME they fought until thor NEEDED help from outside help. Then on top of that, the writers protect thor from death in the comics against gladiator anyway. This is a Forum fight. If gladiator can kick thors hammer away and KO thor across the sky for 60 second, then what do you think he can do in a non-biased forum fight?? You are very correct Hyperion prime.

JakeTheBank
Thor fought the real Gladiator once and was amazed at his power. Get over yourself. If Gladiator would have used a percentage of his speed, Thor would have been rocked. As for the fight, I'm giving this to Thor...Gladiator is above him but his cockyness will be his downfall.

Eric Masterson almost killed him. Thor beat the shit out of a future Gladiator who had prep, was willing to kill him, and took a hostage in the process. The sooner you can accept these facts, the sooner we can move on.

Lol, you're giving this match to Thor....but Gladiator is above him?

GTFO.

Sin I AM
Lol gotta admire his steadfast stupidity

JakeTheBank
lol, I like how people *cough*country1000 and Carter*cough* conveniently forget that Gladiator attacked Jake Olsen first and took a hostage because he was too cowardly to fight Thor straight up.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/TvsG.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/TvsG1.jpg

I also like how they conveniently forget that Thor was holding back the majority of the fight and after they saved the plane from crashing - due to Gladiator's idiocy - Thor pummeled him into oblivion. Unfortunately, some of us actually have the comic itself on hand.

Gladiator literally had the entire plot working in his favor and couldn't beat Thor. He attacked Thor's mortal vessel, took Mandy as a hostage, temporarily disarmed him and exploited a weakness which no longer applies to current Thor, and still failed to achieve his goal, which was to kill Thor. But, yeah, Gladiator didn't use his speed to maximum potential so he was jobbing and he wasn't fully confident or some other lame ass excuse.

Oh, well, at least Gladiator agrees when he's outmatched.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Toostrong-1.jpg

carver9
Eric Masterson almost killed him. Thor beat the shit out of a future Gladiator who had prep, was willing to kill him, and took a hostage in the process. The sooner you can accept these facts, the sooner we can move on.

GTFO.

Masterson got that a** tapped ending with Gladiator standing above him laughing. Masterson hits a laughing Gladiator in the back with lightning which stuns him. Masterson takes advantage of this opportunity. If Gladiator would have took advantage of his attack on Masterson, Masterson that couldn't even get up during the time because his legs went out from a punch from Glads, Masterson would have died.

Lol...Thor fought a Gladiator that we have no idea on his power level. When you realize this, then you'll truly understand comics.

Sin...shut the h*** up.

JakeTheBank
Masterson got that a** tapped ending with Gladiator standing above him laughing. Masterson hits a laughing Gladiator in the back with lightning which stuns him. Masterson takes advantage of this opportunity. If Gladiator would have took advantage of his attack on Masterson, Masterson that couldn't even get up during the time because his legs went out from a punch from Glads, Masterson would have died.

Lol...Thor fought a Gladiator that we have no idea on his power level. When you realize this, then you'll truly understand comics.

Sin...shut the h*** up.

Gladiator was almost killed by Masterson. Wonder Man and Vision literally had to get him to stop otherwise he would have straight up died. Gladiator being an idiot and not fighting like how you'd want him to doesn't detract from that statement.

Yeah, we do. Stop being dense. He was obviously intended to be on a holding back Thor's level of formidability, which is still in the range of mid/high herald. Thor just can kick it up to another level Gladiator can't.

The sad thing is that I actually do both read AND understand comics, which is why I'll always be one step ahead of you.

quanchi112
Still Glads should be able to take this if he fights smart. Not a chance. Thor beat his ass. If Thor goes all out Glads goes down quickly just like in the comic.Originally posted by Sin I AM
Lol gotta admire his steadfast stupidity laughing out loud

h1a8
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Gladiator at full potential should be based on what we actually see in the comics. This is how strength, durability, superpowers, weaknesses and fighting skills are measured. Speed isn't anything different. It should never be and that's only fair. Throwing around time measurement errata doesn't obfuscate that.

While this is true:

Character A not using FTL blitzes in comics much (if at all) =/= Character A not being able to do it in comics.

Protesting the very material these characters inhabit as being "compromised" is a patent false dichotomy:

Character A not using FTL blitzes in comics much (if at all) =/= Character A being purposefully dumbed down by comic authors.

Now you can try to argue against all that (good luck) but the following statement should not be controversial:

Character A not using FTL blitzes in comics much (if at all) = there being little on-panel proof that Character A will use FTL blitzes by any reliable measure in a KMC forum fight.

Read the forum rules again. It says,

Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

See the bold parts. This rule was specifically stated because in comics a character doesn't always fight at full capacity. If we don't allow a character to use their full capacity (as shown before) then all we accomplished was handicapping them. A handicapped Gladiator loses to Thor soundly.

country1000
lol, I like how people *cough*country1000 and Carter*cough* conveniently forget that Gladiator attacked Jake Olsen first and took a hostage because he was too cowardly to fight Thor straight up.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/TvsG.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/TvsG1.jpg

I also like how they conveniently forget that Thor was holding back the majority of the fight and after they saved the plane from crashing - due to Gladiator's idiocy - Thor pummeled him into oblivion. Unfortunately, some of us actually have the comic itself on hand.

Gladiator literally had the entire plot working in his favor and couldn't beat Thor. He attacked Thor's mortal vessel, took Mandy as a hostage, temporarily disarmed him and exploited a weakness which no longer applies to current Thor, and still failed to achieve his goal, which was to kill Thor. But, yeah, Gladiator didn't use his speed to maximum potential so he was jobbing and he wasn't fully confident or some other lame ass excuse.

Oh, well, at least Gladiator agrees when he's outmatched.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Toostrong-1.jpg Gladiator held that girl to draw thor out..lol As for the rest of your post, people know the context of those fights, thor had and needed help in every fight. BUT YOU FORGET THAT for known reasons. Oh, and he failed to kill thor by WRITERS CHOICE. The writers are not members of this site, they cannot help thor here, kind of like how they helped spidy beat firelord.lol

quanchi112
Originally posted by country1000
Gladiator held that girl to draw thor out..lol As for the rest of your post, people know the context of those fights, thor had and needed help in every fight. BUT YOU FORGET THAT for known reasons. Oh, and he failed to kill thor by WRITERS CHOICE. The writers are not members of this site, they cannot help thor here, kind of like how they helped spidy beat firelord.lol I am going to give you a fair warning. Tread carefully. If you continue to persist the hammer will be effectively dropped on you.

JakeTheBank
Gladiator held that girl to draw thor out..lol As for the rest of your post, people know the context of those fights, thor had and needed help in every fight. BUT YOU FORGET THAT for known reasons. Oh, and he failed to kill thor by WRITERS CHOICE. The writers are not members of this site, they cannot help thor here, kind of like how they helped spidy beat firelord.lol

AKA Gladiator is a coward who needs every advantage possible to try and beat Thor.

What help did Thor need in order to beat Gladiator? Post scans or cite issue numbers. I have the issues in question, so it won't be much trouble to find what it is you're talking about. smile

lol @ this writer's bullshit excuse. So all of Gladiator's feats don't count because the writer's wanted him to break apart a giant space rock and be clocked at flying 100 times lightspeed?

LMFAO @ equating Thor's epic ass kicking of Gladiator (twice, I might add) to being on the same level as Spider-Man/Firelord.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/LettheButthurtflowthroughyou.jpg

abhilegend
Thor.

DARTH POWER
Darth, it doesn't work like that. If I post a scan of Vulcan flying at superluminal speeds but failing to catch a bullet, would you understand the meaning of the scans?

Thor flying around with Mjlonir guiding him at light speed doesn't mean his.reactions is that fast. Firelord flying around at light speed doesn't mean his reactions is that fast. Ironman flying from Earth to the sun in mid sentence doesn't mean his reactions is that fast. Terrax flying around at 99% the speed of light doesn't make his reactions that fast.

All of this is simple...if Gladiator use his nano second reflexes, flight speed when the battle starts, Thor will not stand a chance. Again, Gladiator doesn't fight like this so it doesn't matter...he will lose.

I understand this Carver. But despite Thor's reactions having been quantified in the micro-seconds in the past, you don't think him flying around around at Light speed while blasting Light speed Omni-Blasts and/or teleporting all over the place, would help when fighting a Light speed speedster?

You gave the example of Iron man.. Well I personally do think Iron Man's supersonic speed, and Light speed energy blasts would help him a lot in a fight against say Classic Quicksilver.

leonidas
AKA Gladiator is a coward who needs every advantage possible to try and beat Thor.

What help did Thor need in order to beat Gladiator? Post scans or cite issue numbers. I have the issues in question, so it won't be much trouble to find what it is you're talking about. smile

lol @ this writer's bullshit excuse. So all of Gladiator's feats don't count because the writer's wanted him to break apart a giant space rock and be clocked at flying 100 times lightspeed?

LMFAO @ equating Thor's epic ass kicking of Gladiator (twice, I might add) to being on the same level as Spider-Man/Firelord.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/LettheButthurtflowthroughyou.jpg

PREACH BROTHER JAKE!! laughing out loud

thumb up

leonidas
Originally posted by h1a8
Read the forum rules again. It says,

Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

See the bold parts. This rule was specifically stated because in comics a character doesn't always fight at full capacity. If we don't allow a character to use their full capacity (as shown before) then all we accomplished was handicapping them. A handicapped Gladiator loses to Thor soundly.

and.......

show the cis rule. where it states characters will fight IN CHARACTER. in character, glads has never used his supposed superman-esque combat speed. he blitzes. he does not combat blitz. he would certainly blitz thor in a forum fight. but...so what? his blitz only worked because of the 60sec issue thor still had. not a problem. assume he even separated thor from his hammer again. that didn't work out very well for angrir/thing......

fact is, his speed IS taken into account in a forum fight--in the manner it is most often shown. he would blitz thor, get in a couple shots, thor would take them as he always does and reply then the fight would procede and thor would pummel him, like he always does.

and it's hilarious how many cry about how glads is dummied down by writers, but the only thing thor ever does with glads is hit him in the face repeatedly. not sure how many know this, but....thor has other powers. he is just dummied down by the writers when he fights glads. if he wasn't the fights would be over too quickly. no expression

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by leonidas
and.......

show the cis rule. where it states characters will fight IN CHARACTER. in character, glads has never used his supposed superman-esque combat speed. he blitzes. he does not combat blitz. he would certainly blitz thor in a forum fight. but...so what? his blitz only worked because of the 60sec issue thor still had. not a problem. assume he even separated thor from his hammer again. that didn't work out very well for angrir/thing......

fact is, his speed IS taken into account in a forum fight--in the manner it is most often shown. he would blitz thor, get in a couple shots, thor would take them as he always does and reply then the fight would procede and thor would pummel him, like he always does.

and it's hilarious how many cry about how glads is dummied down by writers, but the only thing thor ever does with glads is hit him in the face repeatedly. not sure how many know this, but....thor has other powers. he is just dummied down by the writers when he fights glads. if he wasn't the fights would be over too quickly. no expression

thumb up

"Forum Fight" doesn't mean you can cannibalize feats and just make shit up based on hypothetical guess work on how someone might be able to use their given power in some sort of way. All the forum does is remove plot device and plot stupidity (ie. civilians getting in the way for the hero to save or enchantments which no longer apply in this case). Otherwise you may as well say screw the comics altogether and just debate hypothetical power sets and how they'd apply in the real world under real world logic and physics.

And if Gladiator was "dumbed down", Thor was functionally retarded based on everything we've actually seen him do on panel.

And for Gladiator's sake, I hope no one wants to go into a high end feat war concerning him and Thor.

DARTH POWER

And if Gladiator was "dumbed down", Thor was functionally retarded based on everything we've actually seen him do on panel.

And for Gladiator's sake, I hope no one wants to go into a high end feat war concerning him and Thor.

Exactly!

Sr J-Bieb
Thor flying drop kicks Gladiator's head off

Mr.SunKing
Thor

-Pr-

That too.

Originally posted by janus77
Gladiator's cool, Thor's an ass, we support Gladiator? confused

Cool ain't shit, tbh.

that is only if you assume that Gladiator is too fast for Thor, which a lot of people don't.

h1a8
and.......

Speed is greater than anything. Thor can use any power he wants but would good it would do him if someone beats him to the punch. So it was Glads who was dummied down.

You don't understand the CIS rule do you? CIS has nothing to do with the frequency a character using one of his MAIN powers. For example, It's not in Superman's character to kill, so he would hold back a bit. But that doesn't mean Superman is barred from using speed because he can and has. But it is in Gladiator's character to use speed in a fight because he can and has.

If a character does a main power in a comic then it is in their character to do, otherwise they wouldn't have done it. Glads has blitz opponents multiple times in comics. Glads has proven to not only blitz his opponents but fight and operate at ftl speeds (like when fighting hyperion). This is one of his main powers and not some exotic super rare power (like the ones Thor has).

Understand CIS and Full Capacity. They don't contradict each other.

Sr J-Bieb
There goes that h1 and his posts again.

I need to stop clicking them. no expression

h1a8
thumb up

"Forum Fight" doesn't mean you can cannibalize feats and just make shit up based on hypothetical guess work on how someone might be able to use their given power in some sort of way. All the forum does is remove plot device and plot stupidity (ie. civilians getting in the way for the hero to save or enchantments which no longer apply in this case). Otherwise you may as well say screw the comics altogether and just debate hypothetical power sets and how they'd apply in the real world under real world logic and physics.

See that's not what's being done here. Why the hell will Glad not choose to use his speed, especially when he is losing? Because writers don't want him to win at times.

Why in the forum rules did it explicitly imply that flash can and will clock his opponents out at full speed in a forum fight but we know he very well doesn't do that in a comic (the forum rule even states that he doesn't in comics, yet says he can here in the forum).

It's clear as day. Full capacity is always on.
CIS implies the stupidity and the easily understood purposeful choosing of not operating a certain way.

-Pr-
See that's not what's being done here. Why the hell will Glad not choose to use his speed, especially when he is losing? Because writers don't want him to win at times.

Why in the forum rules did it explicitly imply that flash can and will clock his opponents out at full speed in a forum fight but we know he very well doesn't do that in a comic (the forum rule even states that he doesn't in comics, yet says he can here in the forum).

It's clear as day. Full capacity is always on.
CIS implies stupidity and nothing else.

Not really.

Sin I AM
Lol half the posters on this site have no idea what context is

h1a8
Not really.

You right, I edited it. I added

CIS implies the stupidity and the easily understood purposeful choosing of not operating a certain way.

-Pr-
You right, I edited it. I added

Not always. And it's not stupidity not to endanger lives.

Digi
Something I haven't seen brought up (I only browsed, granted) is the fact that even if we grant a speed edge to Gladiator, he'd still be able to be hit by lightning, which has none of Thor's potential speed problems. A couple solid hits from the lightning and Kallark would be stunned and eating some hammer.

So even if we grant Glads his dubious speed edge, that's a helluva equalizer. All the "Thor wasn't written well either" comments are mostly about this, though we could also draw from his more exotic powers and having him creating dark matter and magical barriers around himself to ward off attacks.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Digi
Something I haven't seen brought up (I only browsed, granted) is the fact that even if we grant a speed edge to Gladiator, he'd still be able to be hit by lightning, which has none of Thor's potential speed problems. A couple solid hits from the lightning and Kallark would be stunned and eating some hammer.

So even if we grant Glads his dubious speed edge, that's a helluva equalizer. All the "Thor wasn't written well either" comments are mostly about this, though we could also draw from his more exotic powers and having him creating dark matter and magical barriers around himself to ward off attacks.

This

Don Corleone
Originally posted by Sin I AM
This

This.

Damborgson
and.......

thumb up

h1a8
Here's the scenario:

The only way Glads would lose is if he doesn't use his speed in the beginning and Thor capitalizes and wins the fight fast.

If Glads uses his speed early then Thor won't get a chance to do anything useful (if anything at all) and Glads wins the fight fast.

If Glads doesn't use his speed early and Thor starts winning but doesn't fully capitalize and plays around with him then Glads decides to use it later then Glads wins.

So Glads wins 2 out of 3.

Sr J-Bieb
Prove it h1

Zack Fair
Thor wins.

Unfortunately for Glads being a ripoff sucks.

Hyperion Prime
That fact gets overlooked because thor needed living lightnings help, he needed thor girl and amoras help and above all he needed reeds speed amp to even be fast enough to work with the FF to steal weapons. If gladiator attacks thor the same way he attacked him when thor was amped by reeds tech, gladiator would destroy thor every time.

LOL at people calling thor superior to someone who hits just as hard or harder and is stronger and a MILLION times faster and has had thor beat EVERYTIME they fought until thor NEEDED help from outside help. Then on top of that, the writers protect thor from death in the comics against gladiator anyway. This is a Forum fight. If gladiator can kick thors hammer away and KO thor across the sky for 60 second, then what do you think he can do in a non-biased forum fight?? You are very correct Hyperion prime.

I agree with this 100% Gladiator should beat thor.

People will throw out the it wasn't canon anyway excuse since it was Glads from the future.

Hyperion Prime

GTFO.

If I remember right didn't Masterson Thor sneak attack Gladiator big grin

country1000
and.......

and it's hilarious how many cry about how glads is dummied down by writers, but the only thing thor ever does with glads is hit him in the face repeatedly. not sure how many know this, but....thor has other powers. he is just dummied down by the writers when he fights glads. if he wasn't the fights would be over too quickly. no expression HA HA HA, when has thor taken shots from gladiator?? You leave out the FACT that when gladiator one-shot thor ass across the sky for 60 seconds in a koed state. Did thor take that casual blow?? No HE DID NOT. Now heres the good part. Explain to me how glads took advantage of thors 60 SECOND curse? Thor knows that if he is seperated from his hammer, he changes to a human in 60 seconds. When gladiator knocked his ass across the sky for 60 seconds, why did thor allow himself to change back?? Why did he not call for his hammer? He knows better than anyone about the 60 second time limit. Guess why genius?? HE WAS KOED. Knocked out cold and could not prevent the change. He was not moving, he made no effort to retreive his hammer as he flew a loooong distant because of gladiators fight ending punch.. oh oh wait!! How do i know it was a fight ending punch you may ask?? What did gladiator tell him as he knocked his ass out?? IN FACT YOU WONT NEED ANYTHING. Bonus question to you. Show me superman fighting at lightspeed since you always try to compare speed when gladiator name comes up. Concerning the writers, Do you believe thor controls the outcome? Or do the writers control it? Gladiator cannot kill thor if the writers protect him, That is not the case here, there is no plot here, there is no story, there is no living lightning, no thor girl or amora.

Do you remenber when thor fought superman? What did the two companys do? Marvel ALLOWED superman to win in order for the Avengers to beat his ass, and guess what marvel went on to do in the end?? They let it be known that if they fought again, thor would get that ass. THATS WRITER CONTROLLED COMICS. Not a forum fight, but hey, that FACT escapes you.

country1000
If I remember right didn't Masterson Thor sneak attack Gladiator big grin He tore that page out of his comic.

carver9
Jake clearly doesn't know what he is talking about and he keeps referencing a fight that didn't even involve the real Glads. Good trolling Jake. Gladiator and Thor fought once which ended in a stalemate. Lol at you also using the Masterson fight when Masterson was clearly getting thrashed that fight. Jake, Jake, do better buddy.

Gladiator> Thor...Gladiator mentality makes him lose this fight and looking at all of Thor recent showing with his glass jaw...he has been koed so much recently, I change my vote...Gladiator 9/10.

Hyperion Prime
Jake clearly doesn't know what he is talking about and he keeps reference a fight that didn't even involve the real Glads. Good trolling Jake. Gladiator and Thor fought once which ended in a stalemate. Lol at you also using the Masterson fight when Masterson was clearly getting thrashed that fight. Jake, Jake, do better buddy.

Gladiator> Thor...Gladiator mentality makes him lose this fight and looking at all of Thor recent showing with his glass jaw...he has been koed so much recently, I change my vote...Gladiator 9/10.

Glads was whooping that ass the whole fight. But people are acting like that didn't happen. If Glads would have pusehed forward he would have killed masterson. PIS was introduced with Living Lighting and it went from there.

-Pr-
Jake clearly doesn't know what he is talking about and he keeps referencing a fight that didn't even involve the real Glads. Good trolling Jake. Gladiator and Thor fought once which ended in a stalemate. Lol at you also using the Masterson fight when Masterson was clearly getting thrashed that fight. Jake, Jake, do better buddy.

lawl.

Sr J-Bieb
You know how bad Gladiator's chances are against Thor when Carter and H1N1 are supporting Gladiator.

country1000
Glads was whooping that ass the whole fight. But people are acting like that didn't happen. If Glads would have pusehed forward he would have killed masterson. PIS was introduced with Living Lighting and it went from there. They will ALWAYS overlook PIS unless it involves superman. You will never hear the FACT that thor was looking at his hammer when superman stole him and they leave out the part where the avengers beat him down with ease. They cry PIS then.

-Pr-
They will ALWAYS overlook PIS unless it involves superman. You will never hear the FACT that thor was looking at his hammer when superman stole him and they leave out the part where the avengers beat him down with ease. They cry PIS then.

Don't bash.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
You know how bad Gladiator's chances are against Thor when Carter and H1N1 are supporting Gladiator. And whoever this fella is:
They will ALWAYS overlook PIS unless it involves superman. You will never hear the FACT that thor was looking at his hammer when superman stole him and they leave out the part where the avengers beat him down with ease. They cry PIS then.

carver9
And whoever this fella is:

How about you debate and quit with all the sarcastic remarks. It's pointless and its not accomplishing anything here.

abhilegend
HA HA HA, when has thor taken shots from gladiator?? You leave out the FACT that when gladiator one-shot thor ass across the sky for 60 seconds in a koed state. Did thor take that casual blow?? No HE DID NOT. Now heres the good part. Explain to me how glads took advantage of thors 60 SECOND curse? Thor knows that if he is seperated from his hammer, he changes to a human in 60 seconds. When gladiator knocked his ass across the sky for 60 seconds, why did thor allow himself to change back?? Why did he not call for his hammer? He knows better than anyone about the 60 second time limit. Guess why genius?? HE WAS KOED. Knocked out cold and could not prevent the change. He was not moving, he made no effort to retreive his hammer as he flew a loooong distant because of gladiators fight ending punch.. oh oh wait!! How do i know it was a fight ending punch you may ask?? What did gladiator tell him as he knocked his ass out?? IN FACT YOU WONT NEED ANYTHING. Bonus question to you. Show me superman fighting at lightspeed since you always try to compare speed when gladiator name comes up. Concerning the writers, Do you believe thor controls the outcome? Or do the writers control it? Gladiator cannot kill thor if the writers protect him, That is not the case here, there is no plot here, there is no story, there is no living lightning, no thor girl or amora.

Do you remenber when thor fought superman? What did the two companys do? Marvel ALLOWED superman to win in order for the Avengers to beat his ass, and guess what marvel went on to do in the end?? They let it be known that if they fought again, thor would get that ass. THATS WRITER CONTROLLED COMICS. Not a forum fight, but hey, that FACT escapes you.
laughing out loudOriginally posted by country1000
Who is saying that avengers beating down superman is PIS. BTW look for a medicine for your butthurt.

country1000
And whoever this fella is: Someone who could not care less what you think. Why dont you give your take on who you think win instead of trolling this thread with insults.

Sr J-Bieb
I already gave my take. Thor wins, double dropkick.

It helps that two different versions of Thors have beaten Gladiator as well... badly at that. And Gladiator has so many low feats, and his high feats are average for Thor... so ya. Outmatched, outgunned, he's dead.

How about you debate and quit with all the sarcastic remarks. It's pointless and its not accomplishing anything here. Who would I debate? Certainly not you, you apparently can't handle me... ? Which is sad since this is the internet, but it is what it is.

carver9
Who would I debate? Certainly not you, you apparently can't handle me... ? Which is sad since this is the internet, but it is what it is.

You don't have to debate against me but at least put a lil productivity in your post instead of coming in here trying to piss people off. Your attempts fail on me because I care less on your smart remarks but you trolling others is pointless and not helpful to the thread.

By the way, you are not ready for me.

country1000
You don't have to debate against me but at least put a lil productivity in your post instead of coming in here trying to piss people off. Your attempts fail on me because I care less on your smart remarks but you trolling others is pointless and not helpful to the thread.

By the way, you are not ready for me. Well said.

JakeTheBank

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/jim-slaps-dwight-o.gif

country1000
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud
Who is saying that avengers beating down superman is PIS. BTW look for a medicine for your butthurt. Butthurt people follow and respond to other people post about superman, kind of like you huh? lol

Sr J-Bieb

By the way, you are not ready for me. I've said my piece in other Gladiator vs Thor threads, coming in here to debate against either you (who has given up on even trying to debate), h1 (who is, well h1), and this new fella who has made up some hilarious shit is pointless.
What I'd be debating is one of the most powerful high heralds period who has average feats that shit all over Gladiator's high ones, who's beaten him twice, and even on his worst day fights better than Gladiator's best... could actually beat Gladiator. And this debate would be against two brick walls who make up random shit, and you. What a fun one that'd be.

Oh Carter. Your spiel on trolling is funny considering your last line (and all you do is try and troll Jake). The irony is not lost on me.

carver9
I've said my piece in other Gladiator vs Thor threads, coming in here to debate against either you (who has given up on even trying to debate), h1 (who is, well h1), and this new fella who has made up some hilarious shit is pointless.
What I'd be debating is one of the most powerful high heralds period who has average feats that shit all over Gladiator's high ones, who's beaten him twice, and even on his worst day fights better than Gladiator's best... could actually beat Gladiator. And this debate would be against two brick walls who make up random shit, and you. What a fun one that'd be.

Oh Carter. Your spiel on trolling is funny considering your last line (and all you do is try and troll Jake). The irony is not lost on me.

When you are ready for me, let me know. I have never given up on debate against Bieb, I just stop responding to you when you start acting weird as hell with all of your insults. When you can put your big boy draws on and debate against me properly, let me know.

-Pr-
How about you debate and quit with all the sarcastic remarks. It's pointless and its not accomplishing anything here.

When you actually start "debating", maybe they will.

Someone who could not care less what you think. Why dont you give your take on who you think win instead of trolling this thread with insults.

How about you follow your own advice?

country1000
I've said my piece in other Gladiator vs Thor threads, coming in here to debate against either you (who has given up on even trying to debate), h1 (who is, well h1), and this new fella who has made up some hilarious shit is pointless.

Oh Carter. Your spiel on trolling is funny considering your last line (and all you do is try and troll Jake). The irony is not lost on me. I have seen your debates, they consist of nothing more than what you see other people write. They consist mostly of smart ass comments which waste time and lower your credibility to such a degree that it would be a waste of time and effort to engage in anything remotely close to a debate with the likes of you.

JakeTheBank
This thread, as are a lot of them involving Gladiator, is a real hoot and a half.

carver9
When you actually start "debating", maybe they will.

How about you follow your own advice?

When you are ready for some of this action, you can also let me know. The mod power isn't going to save you from this thrashing. Get yow scans ready.

JakeTheBank
I see Carver has gone full blown Incredible Carter mode.

-Pr-
When you are ready for some of this action, you can also let me know when you are ready. The mod power isn't going to save you from this thrashing. Get yow scans ready.

If there was any thrashing involved, I might have cause for concern.

It doesn't help your case that I know Gladiator better than you do, either.

Sr J-Bieb
When you are ready for me, let me know. I have never given up on debate against Bieb, I just stop responding to you when you start acting weird as hell with all of your insults. When you can put your big boy draws on and debate against me properly, let me know. You and me both know you don't want to debate me without the insults.

But, next time I get home (since I might be leaving tomorrow), I want to have a battlezone with you, and that's from a guy who hates battlezones.

Thor vs Gladiator. You want to see what I can muster up making thoughtful posts Carter?

Sr J-Bieb
I have seen your debates, they consist of nothing more than what you see other people write. They consist mostly of smart ass comments which waste time and lower your credibility to such a degree that it would be a waste of time and effort to engage in anything remotely close to a debate with the likes of you. Ya well, I've seen like 10 of your posts, and I think they're all hysterical.

Good job. Keep up the good work.

carver9
You and me both know you don't want to debate me without the insults.

But, next time I get home (since I might be leaving tomorrow), I want to have a battlezone with you, and that's from a guy who hates battlezones.

Thor vs Gladiator. You want to see what I can muster up making thoughtful posts Carver?

I never said I wanted to battlezone you so why even bring it up? We can debate here. Bieb, I never stated you was a bad debator because I would be lying but like I said, you are not ready for me. I have debated against you on NUMEROUS of occasions so I'm ready for this.

I corrected some errors in your post, I seen you made some mistakes...helped you out bro.

JakeTheBank
I never said I wanted to battlezone you so why even bring it up? We can debate here. Bieb, I never stated you was a bad debator because I would be lying but like I said, you are not ready for me. I have debated against you on NUMEROUS of occasions so I'm ready for this.

I corrected some errors in your post, I seen you made some mistakes...helped you out bro.

What about me?

carver9

It doesn't help your case that I know Gladiator better than you do, either.

Lol...come on Pr..you know that isn't true. I'm wondering why you haven't been replying to my posts lately when I quote you. I got my scans ready Pr...just let me know.

-Pr-
Lol...come on Pr..you know that isn't true. I'm wondering why you haven't been replying to my posts lately when I quote you. I got my scans ready Pr...just let me know.

Of course it's true; that's why you're terrified of me.

Like you should be.

country1000

It doesn't help your case that I know Gladiator better than you do, either. Well, if he needs help with characters like, thor, gladiator, superman and like characters, i will offer my 40 years of collecting, selling and attending comic conventions when it comes to named characters.

carver9
What about me?

You are the most reasonable poster on this thread imo, I respect your posts. You are still wrong about this thread though and you have also been trolling me. I will body slam you Jake. All on your left side. Keep trolling me.

-Pr-
Well, if he needs help with characters like, thor, gladiator, superman and like characters, i will offer my 40 years of collecting, selling and attending comic conventions when it comes to named characters.

All the while lowballing them like you've been consistently doing? Come on now.

JakeTheBank
You are the most reasonable poster on this thread imo, I respect your posts. You are still wrong about this thread though and you have also been trolling me. I will body slam you Jake. All on your left side. Keep trolling me.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/CMPunkWTF.gif

country1000
Ya well, I've seen like 10 of your posts, and I think they're all hysterical.

Good job. Keep up the good work. And you likewise keep trolling.

abhilegend
Butthurt people follow and respond to other people post about superman, kind of like you huh? lol
No, that'd be trying to drag superman here in this thread where he isn't a fighter and claiming that thor only lost because DC proteced superman.

Sr J-Bieb

I corrected some errors in your post, I seen you made some mistakes...helped you out bro. Good job conceding already.

I'm not ready for what? A headache? I get migraines almost every day, I'm sure I can handle three posts until you give up.

Since you so want to try and bait me into a real post by acting like you're a good poster, fine.

Gladiator's vaunted speed has him getting hit by Thor before he can swing his fist while Thor is laying in the dirt on his stomach.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator07v235.jpg

Masterson Thor reacts to Gladaitor trying to kill him... twice:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/MastersonThorvsGladiator02.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/MastersonThorvsGladiator03.jpg

And yes, Gladiator did end up looking better here, but it certainly wasn't because of speed, but rather raw power. Something real Thor shows Gladiator all about. Plus Masterson beat Gladiator to within an inch of his life anyway...

Real Thor beats the shit out of Gladiator when he gets mad:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator10.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator11.jpg

There, Thor can not only react to Gladiator, but can hurt him badly too. But that's not all. Due to recent developments, we've seen Gladiator having a weakness to magic.
*your own scan*
http://f.imagehost.org/view/0686/06_5

I don't even need to delve deeper into that. The only time Gladiator's speed was "too much" for Thor was when he distracted Thor with a building and for some reason Thor felt the need to hack away at it instead of using a shield. Other than that, there's three instances of him reacting to Glads and even more if you use the "far future" Glads.

We know Thor can hurt Gladiator badly. Hell, this was an average feat for him. Nevermind that, but now Gladiator has a confirmed weakness to magic as opposed to when he didn't when he got his shit pushed in against Thor. Does that spell him winning for you? If Gladiator's low feats, and bad showings weren't enough ammo against him before, he now has two confirmed weakenesses in radiation and magic. One Thor can make, and one Thor's hammer is made of.

Thor's hammer that has produced some of the most powerful shots in comic history is now a confirmed weakness against someone he has been shown to react to. Let that sink in a little Carter.

So if I don't feel the need to debate against something as trivial as Gladiator vs Thor, it's because the odds are so stupidly stacked in Thor's court that it's retarded to try and prove it.

Sr J-Bieb
And you likewise keep trolling. I think the guy who calls posters "DC fanboys" in a Marvel vs Marvel thread has little room to talk about trolling.

carver9
Good job conceding already.

I'm not ready for what? A headache? I get migraines almost every day, I'm sure I can handle three posts until you give up.

Since you so want to try and bait me into a real post by acting like you're a good poster, fine.

Gladiator's vaunted speed has him getting hit by Thor before he can swing his fist while Thor is laying in the dirt on his stomach.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator07v235.jpg

Masterson Thor reacts to Gladaitor trying to kill him... twice:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/MastersonThorvsGladiator02.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/MastersonThorvsGladiator03.jpg

And yes, Gladiator did end up looking better here, but it certainly wasn't because of speed, but rather raw power. Something real Thor shows Gladiator all about. Plus Masterson beat Gladiator to within an inch of his life anyway...

Real Thor beats the shit out of Gladiator when he gets mad:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator10.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator11.jpg

There, Thor can not only react to Gladiator, but can hurt him badly too. But that's not all. Due to recent developments, we've seen Gladiator having a weakness to magic.
*your own scan*
http://f.imagehost.org/view/0686/06_5

I don't even need to delve deeper into that. The only time Gladiator's speed was "too much" for Thor was when he distracted Thor with a building and for some reason Thor felt the need to hack away at it instead of using a shield. Other than that, there's three instances of him reacting to Glads and even more if you use the "far future" Glads.

We know Thor can hurt Gladiator badly. Hell, this was an average feat for him. Nevermind that, but now Gladiator has a confirmed weakness to magic as opposed to when he didn't when he got his shit pushed in against Thor. Does that spell him winning for you? If Gladiator's low feats, and bad showings weren't enough ammo against him before, he now has two confirmed weakenesses in radiation and magic. One Thor can make, and one Thor's hammer is made of.

Thor's hammer that has produced some of the most powerful shots in comic history is now a confirmed weakness against someone he has been shown to react to. Let that sink in a little Carter.

So if I don't feel the need to debate against something as trivial as Gladiator vs Thor, it's because the odds are so stupidly stacked in Thor's court that it's retarded to try and prove it.

Your entire post fails though since THE REAL Gladiator and Thor never met. You showcasing those scans against a future Gladiator "who is not the real deal" is like me showcasing this...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ThorandGlads.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ThorandGlads2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ThorandGlads3.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ThorandGlads4.jpg

This is a future FATIGUED Gladiator stalemating a Thor with increased speed...a Thor that was so amped that he was moving around at hyper speed and he still failed at dropping an exhausted Gladiator that was holding his own. So not only was Thor amped, he was fighting someone that was fatigued after continuously operating at hyper speed and still failed at dropping him and was impressed by Gladiator power. Good job Thor...future Glads for the win.

Yes, he is weak to magic but he can also overcome it to an extent which is shown in the scan you posted.

By the way, we don't know if Thor can hurt Gladiator badly or not since they've never fought. This might happen...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/60603030cg2.jpg/

Or this

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/503/40072776mz5.jpg/

Or this...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/355/89200274nk8.jpg/

Or this...

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/6308/nova037dq.jpg

Don't know since they have never met. Gladiator is physically more formidable imo. Your post didn't change any of this. Gladiator has the strength, speed, and durability edge whereas Thor has the versatility and raw power edge...this could go either way if both play their cards right. Thor better hope Gladiator showing against Phoenix isn't better...that will just shine more light on my argument.

abhilegend
Your entire post fails though since THE REAL Gladiator and Thor never met. You showcasing those scans against a future Gladiator "who is not the real deal" is like me showcasing this...

This is a future FATIGUED Gladiator stalemating a Thor with increased speed...a Thor that was so amped that he was moving around at hyper speed and he still failed at dropping an exhausted Gladiator that was holding his own. So not only was Thor amped, he was fighting someone that was fatigued after continuously operating at hyper speed and still failed at dropping him and was impressed by Gladiator power. Good job Thor...future Glads for the win.

Yes, he is weak to magic but he can also overcome it to an extent which is shown in the scan you posted.

By the way, we don't know if Thor can hurt Gladiator badly or not since they've never fought. This might happen...

Or this

Or this...

Or this...

Don't know since they have never met. Gladiator is physically more formidable imo. Your post didn't change any of this. Gladiator has the strength, speed, and durability edge whereas Thor has the versatility and raw power edge...this could go either way if both play their cards right. Thor better hope Gladiator showing against Phoenix isn't better...that will just shine more light on my argument.
Your flip-flopping is amusing to say in the least.

JakeTheBank
By the way, we don't know if Thor can hurt Gladiator badly

Really, Carv?

Really?

Really?

carver9

I already told Bieb why I changed my vote.

@Jake...I wasn't serious about that but I'm still giving Glads the edge.

abhilegend
I already told Bieb why I changed my vote.

@Jake...I wasn't serious about that but I'm still giving Glads the edge. Originally posted by abhilegend

Sr J-Bieb

Or this

Or this...

Or this...

Don't know since they have never met. Gladiator is physically more formidable imo. Your post didn't change any of this. Gladiator has the strength, speed, and durability edge whereas Thor has the versatility and raw power edge...this could go either way if both play their cards right. Thor better hope Gladiator showing against Phoenix isn't better...that will just shine more light on my argument. I just showed you Masterson reacting to the real Gladiator though... and considering Masterson won... and Masterson is so much less impressive than real Thor...

Also, me showing you a scene from which many Gladiator fans have shown before is akin to using a scene in which Gladiator goes into hyperspeed... something he's never done in 616? Sure thing Carter. That Gladiator was so much faster than 616 it's ridiculous. And he never showed any power advantage either over Thor which is even worse considering how much more impressive he was.

You want to see 616 Glads using his speed in a pissed off state?
http://i49.tinypic.com/24g81hk.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/6hp9bl.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/m1oh4.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/16lemn4.jpg

And yes, there was speedlines in both sets. Add that in with Masterson reacting to him, and you have a guy fully in Thor's range to react to.

You really want to go into high feat mode with Thor? No, let's play that ****ing game.

Let's mix it up though, let's show durability in here too.

Taking shots from Maxam and Drax with the PG:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability32469Blunt.jpg

Takes a blast from Surfer:
http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/?action=view&current=ThorvsSilverSurfer19MightyThor5.jpg

Takes a board throw from Surfer:
http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/?action=view&current=ThorvsSilverSurfer15.jpg

http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/?action=view&current=ThorvsSilverSurfer20.jpg

http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/?action=view&current=ThorvsSilverSurfer12.jpg

And I bet you know why both of these are relevant don't you? It's because a weaker Surfer has taken out Savage Hulk with attacks, while it barely caused Thor any damage at all.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/SurfervsHulk3.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/SurfervsHulk02.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/SurfervsHulk03.jpg

Let's move onto output, shall we? Keep in mind, none of these beings has a weakness to magic like Gladiator does.

Dents Surfer's head:
http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/?action=view&current=ThorvsSilverSurfer11MightyThor3.jpg

One shots upgraded Thing:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/fi5oroboroscps012.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/fi5oroboroscps013.jpg/

Manages to hurt Galactus:
http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/?action=view&current=ThorvsSilverSurfer17.jpg

And here:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGalactus02.jpg

Beats Ego:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsEgo04.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsEgo05.jpg

Damages Celestials and since it works as durability too...
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsCelestials01300.jpg

Knocks out Drax with the Power Gem:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsInfinityWatch01469.jpg

Knocks it out of him:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsInfinityWatch06.jpg

And I'm going to stop there. That's all that's needed for now, but know that there is many many more feats of this type of shit. Look at how pathetic Gladiator's high feats look against that. Sad really.

Yes Carver, that is going to happen though just because they never fought, we don't know... but it could!
Except none of those people are on Thor's level, and even Masterson showed that was just him holding back later on.

Plus, the Masterson case was before the magic weakness as well. You add in the magic weakness, and how hard Thor is able to hit... seriously, terrible odds for Glads. Yes he overcame the magic, but it effected him still. Add in the serious magic of Thor and how hard the guy hits? There is no way he's going to simply overcome it like so.

You're playing the "He might be able to shrug it off" case against one of the bigger hitters in Marvel. Thor is your favorite character, you should know how futile this is. If you honestly think that's a possibility then you know nothing of both characters. Simply put.

Strength and durability edge? Even so, Thor went against Kurse who's 4 times stronger than him and ended the battle like so:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsKurse05486.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsKurse06.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsKurse07.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsKurse08488.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsKurse09.jpg

You think any sort of strength advantage Gladiator might have won't be offset by the massive hitting power of Mjolnir or something? You think durability is going to matter when Thor hits as hard as I've shown.

Also, funny at the Phoenix comment. Comparable opponents doesn't turn out well for Gladiator either.
Thor's never been beaten as bad against Hulk as Glads has.
A mind controlled Thor came out unharmed against Nova. Same can't be said for the opposite.
Thor actually beat Black Bolt, where as Glads has been KO'ed by him, stalemated, and needed help against him.
And Thor was never knocked absolutely silly against Masterson.

And half of Thor's fights aren't losses either.

DARTH POWER
^Sr J-Bieb has killed this argument. Twice now.

No, that'd be trying to drag superman here in this thread where he isn't a fighter and claiming that thor only lost because DC proteced superman.

Nah he lost because Thor completely forgot Mjolnir can abosorb Heat Vision. He must have been drunk stick out tongue

abhilegend
^Sr J-Bieb has killed this argument. Twice now.

Nah he lost because Thor completely forgot Mjolnir can abosorb Heat Vision. He must have been drunk stick out tongue
Sure, I forgot that one blast of HV can soften thor so much that he gets knocked out. There goes thor's legendary energy durability. Not to mention that thor was hardly even slowed down by HV.

DARTH POWER
Sure, I forgot that one blast of HV can soften thor so much that he gets knocked out. There goes thor's legendary energy durability.

Hey? Supes Heat Vision's deadly even to High Heralds! Maybe it was arrogance of Thor to try and prove he can tank everything Supes can give him, but that's not exactly in charcter for Thor.

He deflects Gladiator's Heat Vision, Absorbs all Surfer's and Thanos's balsts. Not sure why he would purposefully choose to tank Supes!

Like I said he must have been drunk. Or just forgot he can do that. Or just being more arrogant than he usually is.

Because your right DC wouldn't protect Supes. Why would they?

Not to mention that thor was hardly even slowed down by HV.

Are we talking about the same scene? Thor was screaming in pain! And yet continued walking up to Supes choosing to tank it all.

It damaged Thor enough to be KO'd by one punch.

For the record I don't have a problem with Supes just barely defeating Thor. But I do have a problem with the way it was done. Mainly how it ended.

abhilegend
Hey? Supes Heat Vision's deadly even to High Heralds! Maybe it was arrogance of Thor to try and prove he can tank everything Supes can give him, but that's not exactly in charcter for Thor. Busiek explained it as thor choosing to attack superman at full force rather than absorbing HV. Meh, they were both OOC at the time.

Maybe he got angry at "puny god" comment.

He was just angry IMO.

Superman vs venom, superman vs jean grey and superman vs silver surfer where surfer was depicted as far powerful than superman comes to mind.

Screaming=/=so badly damaged that you got knocked out by one punch after it and yes thor showed no physical sign that he was too damaged by HV after the fight.

Speculation and thor wasn't shown as anything particularly damaged after the fight where he was holding his chin.

Barely? Thor got koed and superman got hit by a heavily amped Iron man's repulsors at a close proximity (Tony previously oneshotted diana and kyle) and got beaten by five of the strongest avengers and still got up at the same time as thor. How does it translates in being barely able to beat thor is beyond me. As do I.

-Pr-
Guys, back on topic please.

Don Corleone
You and me both know you don't want to debate me without the insults.

Thor vs Gladiator. You want to see what I can muster up making thoughtful posts Carter?

Do it for the High Herald title.

Sorry all trying to advertise . big grin

Sin I AM
Last couple pages pure comedy...lol at challenging someone to a debate bur balking at a battle zone

joesha28
Sure, I forgot that one blast of HV can soften thor so much that he gets knocked out. There goes thor's legendary energy durability. Not to mention that thor was hardly even slowed down by HV.

On your comment, I have a question: Are u following AvX, Cos Thor took it from Phoenix in 3 different confrontation and looked ok, knowing how powerful Phoenix is.

JayDaDon
I can't wait to see what will happen when gladiator joins the fray in AvX. Really curious to see how impressive he'll be in this event.

cdtm
Guys, back on topic please.

The topic is Superman vs Thor, right?

Since no one is talking about Hulk or Wolverine?

DARTH POWER
Here's the scenario:

The only way Glads would lose is if he doesn't use his speed in the beginning and Thor capitalizes and wins the fight fast.

If Glads uses his speed early then Thor won't get a chance to do anything useful (if anything at all) and Glads wins the fight fast.

If Glads doesn't use his speed early and Thor starts winning but doesn't fully capitalize and plays around with him then Glads decides to use it later then Glads wins.

So Glads wins 2 out of 3.

Here's the better scenario:

The only way Thor would lose is if he doesn't use his Most Powerful Omni-Directional Blasts in the beginning and Glads capitalizes by speed blitzing Thor while he's busy eating.

If Thor uses his Most Powerful Omni-Directional blasts early then Glads won't get a chance to do anything useful (if anything at all) and Thor wins the fight fast.

If Thor doesn't use his Most Powerful Omni-Blast early and Glads starts winning but doesn't fully capitalize on the speed blitz when Thor is eating and plays around with him then Thor decides to get serious later then Thor wins.

So Thor wins 4 out of 5 (while eating).

-Pr-
Originally posted by cdtm
The topic is Superman vs Thor, right?

Since no one is talking about Hulk or Wolverine?

Isn't it always?

h1a8
Here's the better scenario:

The only way Thor would lose is if he doesn't use his Most Powerful Omni-Directional Blasts in the beginning and Glads capitalizes by speed blitzing Thor while he's busy eating. Glads can hit Thor before Thor tries an omnidirectional blast, preventing him from ever doing it. If Glads uses his speed then Thor won't get a chance to do anything. Remember Glads is faster. Again Thor will never get a chance to do this if Glads uses speed.

DARTH POWER
Glads can hit Thor before Thor tries an omnidirectional blast, preventing him from ever doing it.

One hit won't prevent anything.

And if you actually think Gladiator can think about an attack, move toward Thor and get in enough punches on Thor to finish him before Thor can even THINK (which is all Thor has to do before he unleashes a Light Speed Omni-Blast).... Then I can't help you.

If speedsters like Gladiator and Surfer were really that much faster than Thor could even THINK then it would never have been made clear from Thor and Surfer's very first meeting that Surfer was no match for Thor.

Loki knew it (which is why he had to amp Surfer for Surfer to even have a chance), Surfer himself knew it. And that comic was written by Stan the Man himself.

Compare that to Surfer's first clash with Hulk, where it was made clear from that Surfer was too fast for Hulk. So it's been made clear from the Classic days that Thor's not out of his league against Speedsters.

Thor was the top dog. End of.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
HOw is this still open and going on for this long... This is much like the CA vs. Batman... Sure Batman can put up a decent fight.. but in the end.. we all know CA wins... This is much the same here... Close the thread so we don't have to suffer through anymore desperate posts from certain Glads supporters.

again

quanchi112
Comics support Thor wins. Comics don't support the asinine powerset theories from the Gladiator supporters.

DARTH POWER
The idea that a high herald top dog like Thor would just be a motionless statue to Gladiator or Surfer not only contradicts their whole history and every one of their encounters, but also the established power scales of these characters within comics.

DickBlazer
Lol at surfer being no match for thor. Full con glad would do well against thor. But he seemed to job for everyone

quanchi112
Originally posted by DickBlazer
Lol at surfer being no match for thor. Full con glad would do well against thor. But he seemed to job for everyone No one is saying he wouldn't do well. They are peers but when Thor goes all out he's clearly on another level.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>