The League of Extraordinary Gentleman Vs The Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

0mega Spawn
The Avengers have been mistakenly sent in to kill the league.
they fight in an abandoned NYC.

the league has dorian grey at this time in question.

http://foraslanandvolstate.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/league_extraordinary_gentlemen.jpg

http://www.ifc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/050412-the-avengers.jpg

KingD19
So much spite.

Quartermain and Nemo get sniped by Hawkeye.

Hulk rips Hyde to pieces.

Sawyer gets some Black Widow crotch in his face before he gets taken down.(I'd happily trade with him, btw)

That just leaves Dorian, Vampirella and Invisible Guy.

Dorian's immortal, but he can be hurt and presumably ko'd or electrocuted into submission.

The vampire lady gets lightning striked to death.

Invisible Guy shows up on Iron Man's sensors and goes down.

Such a stomp.

0mega Spawn
or harker transforms a cloud of bats & transforms most of the avengers in vampires.

& hyde drinks every serum he has and turn into a beast to kill the rest yes

or something confused

ares834
Hulk, Thor, or IM solo.

Placidity
Originally posted by KingD19

Disagree. But Avengers win.

KingD19
Thor showed arc lightning capabilities. If she turns into a flock of bats, they all get sizzled. If she stays normal, she just gets beaten to a pulp.

Placidity
Thor showed arc lightning capabilities. If she turns into a flock of bats, they all get sizzled. If she stays normal, she just gets beaten to a pulp.

You can interpret it a few ways, but since you believe the lightning will only KO Gray, it should at most have the same effect on Nina. She is immortal as well afterall barring staking, sunlight etc.

BTW, I remember the "lightning arc" only affects the general vicinity, not hit specific targets.

KingD19
Originally posted by Placidity
You can interpret it a few ways, but since you believe the lightning will only KO Gray, it should at most have the same effect on Nina. She is immortal as well afterall barring staking, sunlight etc.

BTW, I remember the "lightning arc" only affects the general vicinity, not hit specific targets.

Gray is immortal in the way that all age and damage that befalls him is transferred to his picture. He stood up to a machine gun at point blank range and healed in around 30 seconds, but he experiences pain and he does bleed, shown by Mina stabbing him in the back and testicles and then the gut. That leads to believe that he experiences damage like a normal person. So a lightning strike would probably affect him just like a normal person and flash fry him and ko him. He'd heal, but he'd be out of the fight.

She's immortal and can heal, but Dorian's blade caused her pain during their fight, and a stab in the chest immobilized her and "killed" her until Dorian removed his sword, and while she's strong, her agility and speed aren't superhuman in a fight. Thor's lightning would do the same to her and probably worse since flames would more than likely be her end.

He can also summon lightning pretty quick and the flock tends to fly closely together.

KingD19
And in Avenger's Thor aimed and zapped Chitauri with lightning; lightning that then arced between others.

janus77
Hulk solos. Dorien would simply give up, once his head is in Hulk's hand or if Hulk gives him the Loki Treatment.

As for Nina, all Hulk has to do is thunderclap and ALL the bats will fall to the ground. Better still, he can hold Nina and they can sit and wait (romantically) for the dawn.

Impediment
4 mortals and three semi-supers? Spite.

Iron Man uses thermal imaging to find Skinner and kill him.

Hyde is too weak for Hulk.

Harker gets killed by Thor. Bats don't do shit.

Nemo, Sawyer, and Quatermaine die within seconds.

Gray just stands there and gets pummeled to no end, but still doesn't win.

Placidity
Gray is immortal in the way that all age and damage that befalls him is transferred to his picture. He stood up to a machine gun at point blank range and healed in around 30 seconds, but he experiences pain and he does bleed, shown by Mina stabbing him in the back and testicles and then the gut. That leads to believe that he experiences damage like a normal person. So a lightning strike would probably affect him just like a normal person and flash fry him and ko him. He'd heal, but he'd be out of the fight.

She's immortal and can heal, but Dorian's blade caused her pain during their fight, and a stab in the chest immobilized her and "killed" her until Dorian removed his sword, and while she's strong, her agility and speed aren't superhuman in a fight. Thor's lightning would do the same to her and probably worse since flames would more than likely be her end.

Let me see if I understand you:

- Gray is immortal
- Gray has a healing factor but experiences pain
- Gray can only be killed via "painting"

* Nina is immortal
* Nina has a healing factor but experiences pain
* Nina can only be killed via vampiric weaknesses.

You say Thor can only KO Gray, but can kill Nina with lightning BECAUSE it may create a fire, which is possibly a vampiric weakness? Just asking.

KingD19
Thor can only KO gray because his can't die as long as his painting survives and he doesn't see it. Mina wasn't absolutely sure about her immortality. She told him something along the lines of, "you're unable to die, maybe I am too."

She doesn't have anything other than her own body to heal her, so maybe the extremely high temperatures of the lightning zapping her consistently set her ablaze and it's too much for her to handle. Or maybe if she gets zapped in bat form she dies. I dunno, it's a possibility. But she can be immobilized and KO'd too, as she basically died when Dorian stabbed her, and it wasn't through her heart, as she said he'd missed it when he stabbed her.

Regardless, both of them can be handled without too much trouble because despite their healing factors, their physical stats aren't too impressive. Kinda like Wolverine.

Placidity
^ Fair enough.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment

Gray just stands there and gets pummeled to no end, but still doesn't win.

He's ageless and has a superb healing factor, but his durability is still pretty much human. Hulk or Thor would turn him into a wet-spot with a single hit. I imagine one of Tony's various mini-missile would liquify him as well.

BruceSkywalker
jeez..

The Avengers take this..

simply put though can the League survive a nuke???

the ninjak
So much spite.

Quartermain and Nemo get sniped by Hawkeye.

Hulk rips Hyde to pieces.

Sawyer gets some Black Widow crotch in his face before he gets taken down.(I'd happily trade with him, btw)

That just leaves Dorian, Vampirella and Invisible Guy.

Dorian's immortal, but he can be hurt and presumably ko'd or electrocuted into submission.

Invisible Guy shows up on Iron Man's sensors and goes down.

Such a stomp.

Good post.

Though I don't see Thor electrocuting Nina so easily. I see her possibly reaching Cap, BW or HE and attacking them.

Nina is probably the most effective member on the team. But there is only so much she can do to the grounded Avengers before the heavy hitters mop up everyone.

KingD19
If she stays in her human form a lightning strike or hammer will will do wonders. In her bat form if the flock stays together, the lightning will arc between them. As for reaching Cap, Widow or Hawkeye, it once again all hinges on how she goes about it. They'd have a hard time with bats(unless Hawkeye just got a lucky shot with an explosive arrow), but her human form's combat skills aren't all that great.

0mega Spawn
has so IM ever shown thermal scanners?

KingD19
There's no reason he shouldn't have them. He's got literally everything else.

the ninjak
If she stays in her human form a lightning strike or hammer will will do wonders. In her bat form if the flock stays together, the lightning will arc between them. As for reaching Cap, Widow or Hawkeye, it once again all hinges on how she goes about it. They'd have a hard time with bats(unless Hawkeye just got a lucky shot with an explosive arrow), but her human form's combat skills aren't all that great.

Actually yeah you're right. For some reason I thought Mina had speed blitz feats, but after watching old scenes again she was embarrassingly slow. Probably so the fight scene between her and Dorian could be possible. She was a disappointment.

Yeah Avengers murder the LoEG.

lilshogun
Thor vaporizes both of them leaving their flesh in atoms.

He can also summon lightning pretty quick and the flock tends to fly closely together.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by ares834
Hulk, Thor, or IM solo.

Riot-Gear
The Leagues biggest disadvantage is that they only have one flier.

Though if they head for solid structures or go under ground they may be able to minimize the Avengers flight advantage. Remember per the OP the Avengers are hunting the LXG. So the League can pick the playing field, to some degree.

Also if we factor in personalities. Thor is likely going to hesitate when it come to going full force or even attacking Mina. As it seemed he believed in some form of chivalry when of sound mind. Though her turning all fangy or into a flock of bats might just change his opinion quick.

On the ground things are fairer. As Nemo, Quartermain, Sawyer, Gray, and Hyde are going to be a good match for Hawk Eye, Hulk, Black Widow, and Cap.

While the knee-jerk response seems to be that Barton snipes every body, it is ignoring the fat that both Sawyer and Quartermain pulled off some damn impressive shots of their own.

Sawyer should be able to tangle with Barton, he may not be as accurate, but he has a higher rate of fire. Quartermain can square off with Widow. Leaving either the combination of Gray and Hyde or Nemo and Hyde to take on Hulk and the remainder to go after Rogers.

Or multiple version their of. Point is its the air battle that really kills the League. If this took place in the Fantoms fortress or a Helicarrier I'd like their chances better. Not saying the LXG would win under those conditions, just that they'd have a better chance.

All in all though. While I don't think its gonna be as easy for the Avengers as others think. I'd still give the win to them.

Sadako of Girth
Yes it seems that this is one of the few occasions when mentioning the usual fact that "Sean Connery wins" will likely not be enough.

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yes it seems that this is one of the few occasions when mentioning the usual fact that "Sean Connery wins" will likely not be enough.

He could probably give Black Widow a good smacking on the mouth, if she pushes it to far.

Sadako of Girth
But that'd just her just be her way of interrogating him..

KingD19
Hyde is a good matchup for Hulk? Whu?

Riot-Gear
Hyde is a good matchup for Hulk? Whu?

He could stand with him for a while on his own and with help he's got chance.

Sure Hulk is stronger, but Hyde seemed a bit more skilled and maintained a better presence of mind during combat. As in even if he can't over power Hulk he can out think him.

Psychotron
Avengers win, but the League is cooler. Also, no one can do shit to Gray.

KingD19
Originally posted by Riot-Gear
He could stand with him for a while on his own and with help he's got chance.

Sure Hulk is stronger, but Hyde seemed a bit more skilled and maintained a better presence of mind during combat. As in even if he can't over power Hulk he can out think him.

No he couldn't.

Hulk was a lot more agile and mobile, and a helluva lot stronger. One hit and Hyde dies.

As for help, who in the League could help him?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Psychotron
Avengers win, but the League is cooler. Also, no one can do shit to Gray.

They can BFR him.

KingD19
Originally posted by the ninjak
They can BFR him.

They can do more than that, bud. big grin

In the movie he showed that he experienced pain and reactions like a normal person; even if he did have a healing factor. So he can be ko'd, flash fried, blown up, energy blasted, etc.. He'll heal, but he doesn't have any heightened durability or anything like that.

whatdoucare
I'll admit the league are pretty tough but they're no match for the avengers

Mr. Tibbs
League. Everyone dies except for Nina and Dorian.

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
He could probably give Black Widow a good smacking on the mouth, if she pushes it to far. Possibly? ermOriginally posted by Mr. Tibbs
League. Everyone dies except for Nina and Dorian. How does the League win?

IM, Thor, or Hulk could just stand there and let them attack and they wouldn't get hurt.

Mr. Tibbs
Originally posted by Mindset
Possibly? erm How does the League win?

IM, Thor, or Hulk could just stand there and let them attack and they wouldn't get hurt.

Grey will never tire and feels no pain. The only way to even put a dent in him is to make him look at his painting, which the Avengers do not have. They can beat away on him for hours, days, even weeks, but he'll regen instantly and laugh at them. Sooner or later, Thor will tire. Sooner or later, IM will run out of power and/or ammo (wait, is his power/ammo infinite? Been a while, sorry.)

Point is, Grey cannot be destroyed by the Avengers. At best, this is a draw. Nina being downed by lightning? Er.......

Mindset
Originally posted by Mr. Tibbs
Grey will never tire and feels no pain. The only way to even put a dent in him is to make him look at his painting, which the Avengers do not have. They can beat away on him for hours, days, even weeks, but he'll regen instantly and laugh at them. Sooner or later, Thor will tire. Sooner or later, IM will run out of power and/or ammo (wait, is his power/ammo infinite? Been a while, sorry.)

Point is, Grey cannot be destroyed by the Avengers. At best, this is a draw. Nina being downed by lightning? Er....... Thor could fly Dorian into space and leave him there.

Mina is a vampire, they remove her head, or Hawkeye shoots and arrow through her heart, etc.

Point is, the League has no means of harming Thor, Hulk, or IM, or removing them from the battlefield.

Mr. Tibbs
Thor could fly Dorian into space and leave him there.

Mina is a vampire, they remove her head, or Hawkeye shoots and arrow through her heart, etc.

Point is, the League has no means of harming Thor, Hulk, or IM, or removing them from the battlefield.

I thought that, in order to win a match here, enemies must be destroyed.

Mindset
No.

Robtard
Grey taking bullets and claws strikes doesn't mean he's going to recover from being turned into a puddle of grease and blood by The Hulk, at least not at any great speed.

Mr. Tibbs
Grey taking bullets and claws strikes doesn't mean he's going to recover from being turned into a puddle of grease and blood by The Hulk, at least not at any great speed.

The only way to kill Grey is to have him look at his painting. Fact. The Avengers do not have his painting.

They cannot kill him. Why are you arguing this?

NemeBro
Why do you seem to believe that they need to kill him?

Thor, Hulk, or Ironman could just put a boulder or slab of cement on him, or bury him under hundreds of tons of rock.

Does he win if he can't move or do anything for the rest of his life?

Lord Lucien
Knock him the ground, put Mjolnir on his chest.

Mindset
The only way to kill Grey is to have him look at his painting. Fact. The Avengers do not have his painting.

They cannot kill him. Why are you arguing this? They don't need to kill him.

Avengers win, get over it.

Robtard

They cannot kill him. Why are you arguing this?

Listen, I know you're new here, but that's twice now you came at me and tripped on your own dick. Slow down, read, understand what's said; then respond. Next time I unleash the fury, consider yourself warned.

I implied they could put Grey down, not that he'd necessarily be dead. Which Thor, Hulk, Iron Man and Captain America could easily do.

Hulk could squeeze off Grey's head like a zit and toss it into the harbor, sure, you can argue he's still alive, but he's a decapitated head counting fish and a useless body. The Avengers can't lose here; they way outclass the other team, this is the point. Or they could Jimmy Hoffa his ass, considering he's only as strong as a thin man, he's never breaking free.

ares834
Originally posted by ares834
Hulk, Thor, or IM solo.

Seriously, there is nothing the League can do that can hurt any of the listed guys. Any of them solo.

NemeBro
Anyone else think Cap has a decent chance of soloing?

The only two things that make me think otherwise are Mina's bat nonsense, and maybe Hyde, but I can't recall any notable feats of his.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
Anyone else think Cap has a decent chance of soloing?

The only two things that make me think otherwise are Mina's bat nonsense, and maybe Hyde, but I can't recall any notable feats of his.

Not sure he could take on both Quatermain and Tom Sawyer, Tom unloads dual revolvers while Allen takes a precision shot. Cap's bound to get tagged.

Though personally, if it's not a head shot, I can see him just grunting, bleeding and pressing forward.

NemeBro
He has a shield *******.

Robtard
He has a shield *******.

That shield only covers about 15-20% of his body, dumbass. He literally can't be blocking bullets coming from the front and cover his rear/flanks at the same time. Two decent marksmen could exploit his small shield.

Seriously, grab yourself by the back of your head and smash your face as hard as you can into your monitor. Do it now. Do it right now.

NemeBro
All he needs to defend is his head.

His durability feats show us that bullets can't harm him.

Robtard
All he needs to defend is his head.

His durability feats show us that bullets can't harm him.

Stop wanking Cap. He's super tough, but he'd not taking bullet after bullet after bullet after bullet and loling, he'd fall. Also, shield can only cover ONE side of his head at a given time. Both Tom and especially Allen had great aim.

NemeBro
Blasts that vaped humans only inconvenienced Cap.

He could deflect the bullets with his All-American cock if he wanted.

Mr. Tibbs
Listen, I know you're new here, but that's twice now you came at me and tripped on your own dick. Slow down, read, understand what's said; then respond. Next time I unleash the fury, consider yourself warned.

I implied they could put Grey down, not that he'd necessarily be dead. Which Thor, Hulk, Iron Man and Captain America could easily do.

Hulk could squeeze off Grey's head like a zit and toss it into the harbor, sure, you can argue he's still alive, but he's a decapitated head counting fish and a useless body. The Avengers can't lose here; they way outclass the other team, this is the point. Or they could Jimmy Hoffa his ass, considering he's only as strong as a thin man, he's never breaking free.

To win the other team must permanently end the other team, right? Tag on the toe dead, right? My point is that there is no way they can put Grey down for good. Who is to say his head won't regen?

Twice? You mean the first time was where I proved that a 9mm bullet will do jack shit to Jaws? Ok. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Newjak
To win the other team must permanently end the other team, right? Tag on the toe dead, right? My point is that there is no way they can put Grey down for good. Who is to say his head won't regen?

Twice? You mean the first time was where I proved that a 9mm bullet will do jack shit to Jaws? Ok. roll eyes (sarcastic) They just have to KO him or keep him from being able to continue to fight for the win. They don't have to kill

Being liquidated might take him months to heal from. Yeah he will heal but enough time has passed that the fight is over the League has lost the fight.

The Avengers could also get creative if they needed to, as in put something on top of him so heavy he can not move.

Silent Master

Twice? You mean the first time was where I proved that a 9mm bullet will do jack shit to Jaws? Ok. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Where are you getting the idea that death is the only way to win a fight?

Badabing
The League loses. They have nothing to put down the Avengers big guns. And the Avengers don't have to kill anyone wo win. Heck, IM can spam repulsors/missiles, Thor can spam lightning, wind, rain, hail, sleet, snow, etc. and Hulk can spam thunder claps and ground stomps.

Why am I even explaining this. Hulk solos!!!111

durhulk

b_hulk

g_hulk

Mindset
Stop wanking Cap. He's super tough, but he'd not taking bullet after bullet after bullet after bullet and loling, he'd fall. Also, shield can only cover ONE side of his head at a given time. Both Tom and especially Allen had great aim. Commie.

Robtard
Commie.

http://imageshack.us/a/img35/3867/52259961.png

NemeBro
Reported.

Lord Lucien
Deported.

Impediment
The fact that Dorian can't be killed means jack shit because he can still be subdued, therefore not being able to fight and win.

Hulk can solo the entire League.

Why is this even past page one?

Badabing
The fact that Dorian can't be killed means jack shit because he can still be subdued, therefore not being able to fight and win.

Why is this even past page one? I think we have a rogue poster in this thread. biscuits

Mr. Tibbs

Why is this even past page one? I just assumed that each combatant must be killed in order to achieve a win.

Silent Master
I just assumed that each combatant must be killed in order to achieve a win.

Why?

Mr. Tibbs
Originally posted by Silent Master
Why? No idea. Some matches it can be decreed that victory only comes when the opposition is destroyed, right?

Silent Master
If the thread starter wanted that to be a condition of victory, yes.

However the thread starter never set that as a condition and you were told several times that death wasn't needed to win, yet you kept arguing that them being "immortal" meant that they couldn't lose.

Mr. Tibbs
I argued only that the Avengers not having Grey's painting meant that the Avengers have no way of destroying him.

Newjak
What if they threw him into space, his body wouldn't be able to regenerate.

Silent Master
I argued only that the Avengers not having Grey's painting meant that the Avengers have no way of destroying him.

You argued that the League won because of Nina and Dorian.

League. Everyone dies except for Nina and Dorian.

Mr. Tibbs
You argued that the League won because of Nina and Dorian. At first yes, but then I changed up. Problem?

Impediment
The LXG have nothing that can beat the Avengers.

Hulk stomps Hyde.

Iron Man sees Skinner and zaps him.

Cap, Hawkeye, and Widow KO Quatermain, Nemo, and Sawyer.

Thor KOs Mina.

Dorian is the wild card that can't be KOd or killed, but can easily be subdued, thus ensuring a victory for the Avengers.

Silent Master
At first yes, but then I changed up. Problem?

You changed it to the fight being a draw because Dorian couldn't be destroyed(which is a no limits fallacy).

BTW, did you forget that Asgardians are also "immortal" seeing as the Thor movie showed Odin being alive back in 965AD?

Mr. Tibbs
The LXG have nothing that can beat the Avengers.

Hulk stomps Hyde.

Iron Man sees Skinner and zaps him.

Cap, Hawkeye, and Widow KO Quatermain, Nemo, and Sawyer.

Thor KOs Mina.

Dorian is the wild card that can't be KOd or killed, but can easily be subdued, thus ensuring a victory for the Avengers. I can go with this. As I said, I didn't know subduing someone could count towards a victory.

Somehow I feel the need to type that in bold text......

Robtard
^
^
That doesn't mean the Asgardians are immortal, they could have extremely long lifespans compared to humans. Even in The Avengers its hinted that they could not be immortal.

Mr. Tibbs
You changed it to the fight being a draw because Dorian couldn't be destroyed(which is a no limits fallacy).

Gee, did I really? *crosses eyes and tries to hump a doorknob*

Silent Master
^
^
That doesn't mean the Asgardians are immortal, they could have extremely long lifespans compared to humans. Even in The Avengers its hinted that they could not be immortal.

I suppose you mean the comment Loki made before ejecting the cage, Thor survived that fall with zero injures.

It's not like Dorian was really immortal either, seeing as he died at the end of the movie.

Robtard
I suppose you mean the comment Loki made before ejecting the cage, Thor survived that fall with zero injures.

It's not like Dorian was really immortal either, seeing as he died at the end of the movie.

Being durable isn't being immortal.

Immortal in the sense that Dorian doesn't age and won't die due to aging or conventional means; not "can't be killed ever". Which is how immortal is more often used, at least in films. Vampires, werewolves etc.

True immortality means being completely exempt from death. Asgardians aren't, as Odin hinted that the war with the Frost Giants cost Asgard dearly, I doubt he was talking about financials.

Mr. Tibbs

It's not like Dorian was really immortal either, seeing as he died at the end of the movie. He was immortal as long as he did not look at his painting. If he had not looked at it at the end, he would have lived.

This is why I said the Avengers cannot destroy him unless they have his painting.

Silent Master
He was immortal as long as he did not look at his painting. If he had not looked at it at the end, he would have lived.

This is why I said the Avengers cannot destroy him unless they have his painting.

Correction he healed from damage and was immune to aging so long as he didn't look at the painting, you have no proof that he'd survive being beheaded or having his head smashed like a melon by a Mjolnir strike.

Silent Master
Being durable isn't being immortal.

Immortal in the sense that Dorian doesn't age and won't die due to aging or conventional means; not "can't be killed ever". Which is how immortal is more often used, at least in films. Vampires, werewolves etc.

True immortality means being completely exempt from death. Asgardians aren't, as Odin hinted that the war with the Frost Giants cost Asgard dearly, I doubt he was talking about financials.

You'll notice that I said "immortal", I used the "" since the other person being called immortal was killed in the movie, so he obviously wasn't really immortal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.