Thanos (HOTU) vs CA Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Who takes this both at their best how and why?

TheGodKiller
Thanos . The CA isn't in the same league as HoTU .

JakeTheBank
Superman.

iceman24567
Superman

TheGodKiller
At the end of the day , Thanos still takes this .

zopzop
With the HotU he was the new TOAA. His little exchange with Eternity proved this.

TOAA > Mandrakk, CA Superman, or the Presence. Equaled only by the Primal Monitor.

Igniz
Thanos with the HOTU wins.Marvel the End might be based on the Fred Hembeck destroys the Marvel Universe Storyline.

tsscls
Bait thread, here comes Quanch to say............

Damborgson
^ It's not a bait thread. The starter of the thread doesn't tend to indulge in that type of stuff.

TheMask
does everyone in here hate quanchie?

Anyway whats so damn special about this CA superman?

TheMask
Oh and HOTU wins

quanchi112
Thanos stomps. Originally posted by TheMask

Anyway whats so damn special about this CA superman? Keep hating, kid.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TheMask

Anyway whats so damn special about this CA superman?

He got the Super Soldier Serum, and was made a Herald of Galactus.

TheMask
Thanos wins

Cogito
Thanos wins.

Batman-Prime
CA Superman wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
CA Superman wins. Based on ?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos....

Bouboumaster
Thanos

TheGodKiller
As I said before , the winner in this thread was , will be and still is Thanos .

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman.

the Darkone
Thanos wins, or stalemate ! Thanos has the power of TOAA, on second thought Thanos all the way!!!

Prof. T.C McAbe
Bump

Juntai
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman.

bbrem123
Not Superman

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Epicurus
Thanos . The CA isn't in the same league as HoTU .
At the end of the day , Thanos still takes this .
As I said before , the winner in this thread was , will be and still is Thanos .
I guess someone wanted a response very bad.

Golgo13
Supaman.

carver9
Thanos

Insane Titan
HOTU wins

Time Immemorial
Thought Robot is capable of breaking the 4th wall and can adapt and defeat any current or future thread and held the multiverse in his hands. Who knows what would happen, seems like a stalemate to me.

Mr Master
*edit: ... actually, ... stoned

VastoLord1234
If all the top dogs are saying superman, i guess its superman

Insane Titan
"Top dogs" lmao

Galan007
I disagree with myself from 3 years ago. Thanos wins.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Galan007
I disagree with myself from 3 years ago. Thanos wins.

https://buelahman.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/flip_flop_small.jpg

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
https://buelahman.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/flip_flop_small.jpg

laughing out loud

Galan007
https://buelahman.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/flip_flop_small.jpg http://memecrunch.com/meme/NID/obama-troll/image.jpg

Time Immemorial
http://memecrunch.com/meme/NID/obama-troll/image.jpg

http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac303/elfprincessarcher/michelleobamawhyumadtho.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi
LMAO Galan

carver9
Didn't know it was possible a person could debate against themselves. Good job proving me wrong Galan.

Galan007
Don't lie, carver. You contradict your own arguments all the time. thumb up

Insane Titan
Don't lie, carver. You contradict your own arguments all the time. thumb up laughing out loud

Prof. T.C McAbe

laughing out loud

Time Immemorial
IT, aside going from HOTU>CA, CA<HOTU arugments sake, how do you think Thanos would take him down?

Galan007
I believe the only thing beyond Thought Robot(as well as Mandrakk 1) is legit Supreme Being-level power... And Thanos /w/ THOTI represents just that.

=my 2 cents.

Time Immemorial
I believe the only thing beyond Thought Robot(as well as Mandrakk 1) is legit Supreme Being-level power... And Thanos /w/ THOTI represents just that.

=my 2 cents.

Has your opinion from this changed?

Imo Cosmic Armor Supes (and subsequently Mandrakk I) was as close as a character can come to Presence/TOAA-level power without actually being the Presence or TOAA.

Short answer: he was powerful. Super-duper powerful.

Board Walker
Hotu thanos is actually very low in terms of absolute power standings, thanos with the hotu never broke the 4th wall.

cosmic armor superman > all of marvel

Galan007
Has your opinion from this changed? No, as I just explained: my opinion is exactly the same.

Supreme Being-level power is nearly the only force beyond Thought Robot.

Time Immemorial
No, as I just explained: my opinion is exactly the same.

Supreme Being-level power is nearly the only force beyond Thought Robot.

If the thread was about is about who is more Supreme being, then yes HOTU, if its who can kill who, I honestly say stalemate.

carver9

Lol...I knew you would say this. Can someone let me borrow that bird finger smiley please. Galan needs it right about now.

Galan007
If the thread was about is about who is more Supreme being, then yes HOTU, if its who can kill who, I honestly say stalemate. We can have different opinions, you know. It's really okay. thumb up

Board Walker
Bottom line is that cosmic armor superman is above the writers themselves, ca superman is the manifestation of us the fans who are above the writers. Hotu thanos is below toaa, and toaa is below the writers in the real world. Cosmic armor superman is above the writers in comics and outside of comics.

Time Immemorial
We can have different opinions, you know. It's really okay. thumb up

Cheers

"Id"
Originally posted by Board Walker
Bottom line is that cosmic armor superman is above the writers themselves, ca superman is the manifestation of us the fans who are above the writers. Hotu thanos is below toaa, and toaa is below the writers in the real world. Cosmic armor superman is above the writers in comics and outside of comics.

I know right. Its like CA Supes can reach out to you and tuck you in a night.

Insane Titan
Hotu thanos is actually very low in terms of absolute power standings, thanos with the hotu never broke the 4th wall.

cosmic armor superman > all of marvel She Hulk and Deadpool have broke the fourth wall, mongo.

Board Walker
Originally posted by "Id"
I know right. Its like CA Supes can reach out to you and tuck you in a night.

there are only two charactera who have ever truly transcended beyond comics, one is cosmic armor superman and the other is superboy prime.

superboy prime is the most powerful comic character in our existance, he actually came out of the comics and became a real human being like us that fully exists in this world. He was officially (validated by DC) postingon the DC comics forums, and was confirmed by the mods to be the real supeboy prime.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Insane Titan
She Hulk and Deadpool have broke the fourth wall, mongo.

True but those two didnt achieve the same level of 4th wall transcendence that superman did.

Superboy prime > cosmic armor superman > deadpool > hotu thanos.

psycho gundam
Bottom line is that cosmic armor superman is above the writers themselves, ca superman is the manifestation of us the fans who are above the writers. http://i59.tinypic.com/2yzcyvs.gif

psycho gundam
True but those two didnt achieve the same level of 4th wall transcendence that superman did.

Superboy prime > cosmic armor superman > deadpool > hotu thanos. http://i57.tinypic.com/xc53jr.gif

-Pr-

...How did you reach that conclusion?

psycho gundam
superboy prime is the most powerful comic character in our existance, he actually came out of the comics and became a real human being like us that fully exists in this world. He was officially (validated by DC) postingon the DC comics forums, and was confirmed by the mods to be the real supeboy prime. http://i59.tinypic.com/zspthf.gif

carver9
there are only two charactera who have ever truly transcended beyond comics, one is cosmic armor superman and the other is superboy prime.

superboy prime is the most powerful comic character in our existance, he actually came out of the comics and became a real human being like us that fully exists in this world. He was officially (validated by DC) postingon the DC comics forums, and was confirmed by the mods to be the real supeboy prime.

Lol...WTF man.

"Id"

Oh ok.
I get you.
Prime >>>CA Superman.

How often do you speak with these comic icons?
Do you reach out to them?

Board Walker
Originally posted by "Id"
Oh ok.
I get you.
Prime >>>CA Superman.

How often do you speak with these comic icons.
Do you reach out to them?

First off Superboy Prime spoke with millions, as he was posting on the official DC comics forums for a few weeks until the mods shut it down. Prime then went to the writers in our world and threatened them, they feared him and thus listened to his demands. This happened in our world, in this very reality we live in, no other comic character has ever done such a thing.

Cosmic Armor Superman on the other hand is the conceptual manifestation of the hero inside all of us, thus cosmic armor superman is the conceptual manifestation of all fans of every hero everywhere.

"Id"
First off Superboy Prime spoke with millions, as he was posting on the official DC comics forums for a few weeks until the mods shut it down. Prime then went to the writers in our world and threatened them, they feared him and thus listened to his demands. This happened in our world, in this very reality we live in, no other comic character has ever done such a thing.

Cosmic Armor Superman on the other hand is the conceptual manifestation of the hero inside all of us, thus cosmic armor superman is the conceptual manifestation of all fans of every hero everywhere. how often do you "SEE" these peolpe?

Mr Master
^^ ... should start "seeing" a doctor before anything.

Galan007
BW isn't even a clever/likable troll, like Whirly or Yahman. He's just an annoying idiot who tries WAY too hard.

Board Walker
BW isn't even a clever/likable troll, like Whirly or Yahman. He's just an annoying idiot who tries WAY too hard.

The only troll here is you Galan, your opinion isn't fact and is merely a subjective perception. Please refrain from bashing other members, it is unbecoming of a good forum member.

If you do not fancy the absolute, objective facts that I bring forth than you need merely not post. Do not be threatened by the fact that so many accept the objective facts of my posts over yours.

Insane Titan
The only troll here is you Galan, your opinion isn't fact and is merely a subjective perception. Please refrain from bashing other members, it is unbecoming of a good forum member.

If you do not fancy the absolute, objective facts that I bring forth than you need merely not post. Do not be threatened by the fact that so many accept the objective facts of my posts over yours. Originally posted by Galan007
BW isn't even a clever/likable troll, like Whirly or Yahman. He's just an annoying idiot who tries WAY too hard. Galans point proven

Nibedicus

Cosmic Armor Superman on the other hand is the conceptual manifestation of the hero inside all of us, thus cosmic armor superman is the conceptual manifestation of all fans of every hero everywhere.

Dafuq did I just read?

Um. Ok buddy. You're right, SBP iz teh strongkest eva. Take it easy now...

*backs away slowly*

Mr Master

First off Superboy Prime spoke with millions,
as he was posting on the official DC comics forums for a few weeks until the mods shut it down.

Prime then went to the writers in our world and threatened them, they feared him and thus listened to his demands.
This happened in our world, in this very reality we live in, no other comic character has ever done such a thing.

the absolute, objective facts that I bring forth

so many accept the objective facts of my posts.
ka-dur

"I say, pass the dutchie pon the left hand side. pass the dutchie pon the left hand side ... miminaniminoloncontime" stoned

StiltmanFTW

I want your drugs.

Prof. T.C McAbe
To be fair, you all are a bunch of unlikeable Trolls. uhuh Especially Galan and Mr. M.
biscuits

Board Walker
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
To be fair, you all are a bunch of unlikeable Trolls. uhuh Especially Galan and Mr. M.
biscuits

Galan is by far the emperor troll of this forum, he like photoshops comics every week and edits them to his subjective preferences, amd then he throws them all over the character ownage thread as though they are objective.

Mr. Master is decent because she actually listens to the facts I put forth, and then uses them in all his future theories and posts.

They all need to be more like you Prof., and like reflashh, and carver. Because uou all understand the truth.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Galan is by far the emperor troll of this forum, he like photoshops comics every week and edits them to his subjective preferences, amd then he throws them all over the character ownage thread as though they are objective.

Mr. Master is decent because she actually listens to the facts I put forth, and then uses them in all his future theories and posts.

They all need to be more like you Prof., and like reflashh, and carver. Because uou all understand the truth.

thumb up

amen brother!

zopzop
STFU. BW is awesome. laughing

One-Punch

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zOZLnxE3r5w/VFO5d3mGaMI/AAAAAAAADvI/VjAN90dGpho/s1600/tumblr_mv01h5uuC01rxjanxo1_250.gif

Galan007
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Galans point proven He's just an angry troll. He's not funny, he's not clever, he's not even moderately amusing. He's just a desperate idiot who tries WAY too hard to get a rise out of others with his moronic posts.

Someone need to take him off life support STAT, imo. thumb up

leonidas
i....don't think i've ever read a single post of his.... who is this boardwalker...? confused

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by leonidas
i....don't think i've ever read a single post of his.... who is this boardwalker...? confused Troll that used to troll for nvr.

Damborgson
He's just an angry troll. He's not funny, he's not clever, he's not even moderately amusing. He's just a desperate idiot who tries WAY too hard to get a rise out of others with his moronic posts.

Someone need to take him off life support STAT, imo. thumb up

I find him amusing. But I wasn't around Whirly's prime so...

Board Walker
You all need to calm down and stop letting Galan derail this thread with his hate comments.

Let us refocus on how great Cosmic Armor Superman is, he absolutely cannot lose because that is part of what he is. Win incarnate

iceman24567
You all need to calm down and stop letting Galan derail this thread with his hate comments.

Let us refocus on how great Cosmic Armor Superman is, he absolutely cannot lose because that is part of what he is. Win incarnate STFU

Board Walker
Originally posted by iceman24567
STFU

If you ever actually read the comics you would know that Superman is the conceptual manifestation of the Protaganist role in all fiction. The reason cosmic armor superman cannot lose is because he is the story itself, he will always win because the story will always go on. This isn't subjective this is spelled out in the actual comics regarding the cosmic armor.

No matter how powerful HOTU Thanos is he will lose, he is not the protagonist. Cosmic armor superman is the protagonist of all fiction, and even in our world superman is the #1 icon when it comes to hope and heroism for children worldwide.

Do you understand man of ice?

iceman24567
If you ever actually read the comics you would know that Superman is the conceptual manifestation of the Protaganist role in all fiction. The reason cosmic armor superman cannot lose is because he is the story itself, he will always win because the story will always go on. This isn't subjective this is spelled out in the actual comics regarding the cosmic armor.

No matter how powerful HOTU Thanos is he will lose, he is not the protagonist. Cosmic armor superman is the protagonist of all fiction, and even in our world superman is the #1 icon when it comes to hope and heroism for children worldwide.

Do you understand man of ice? If you would actually stfu we would enjoy these thread topics more

-Pr-

That's some epic level sarcasm right there.

====

Guys, discussing or recommending the possible banning of someone isn't something you're allowed to be doing. It could end up with YOU yourselves getting banned.

That, and stop being so ****ing mean to each other.

Galan007
Originally posted by -Pr-
Guys, discussing or recommending the possible banning of someone isn't something you're allowed to be doing. Who did that? confused

Time Immemorial
That's some epic level sarcasm right there.

====

Guys, discussing or recommending the possible banning of someone isn't something you're allowed to be doing. It could end up with YOU yourselves getting banned.

That, and stop being so ****ing mean to each other.

love

Diesldude

Do you understand man of ice?

I'm a superman fan, I'll go along with your POV and since superman is the Story.

The HOTU is The End.

When does the story finish? At The...

HOTU wins.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Dafuq did I just read?

Um. Ok buddy. You're right, SBP iz teh strongkest eva. Take it easy now...

*backs away slowly*

Nabisco!! you're alive?!

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Diesldude
Nabisco!! you're alive?!

Doucheyy! Missed you, bud. :-p

I never left. But couldn't really post. New wife, baby, bought a house. Life got crazeee. Still is. Visiting the in-laws right now tho and took a short vacay and they're giving me my much needed alone time. Lets me post here for a week or two.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I'm a superman fan, I'll go along with your POV and since superman is the Story.

The HOTU is The End.

When does the story finish? At The...

HOTU wins.

But the HOTU didn End everything, it failed, as Thanos failed, everything went to normal after it. Thanos is a villain and they are all made to fail in the end. CA Superman was the exact opposite, as BW explained. CA can't lose.

krisblaze
CA is an exceptionally bad fit for these vs fights.

Since this isn't a story btw, that particular "aspect" of him shouldn't apply, but given that he couldn't exist in that vaccuum....meh

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by krisblaze
CA is an exceptionally bad fit for these vs fights.

Since this isn't a story btw, that particular "aspect" of him shouldn't apply, but given that he couldn't exist in that vaccuum....meh

Life is a story and every thread is also part of a story or a short story itself, the debate, the bad feelings, trolling or funny comments, etc. Some might even tell others about this thread or "fights" like they do about a story.

krisblaze
Life is a story and every thread is also part of a story or a short story itself, the debate, the bad feelings, trolling or funny comments, etc. Some might even tell others about this thread or "fights" like they do about a story.

KMC is the shittiest story ever.

0/10 would not read, watch or experience again.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by krisblaze
KMC is the shittiest story ever.

0/10 would not read, watch or experience again.

Yet we are still here, you me and the others, reading, watching, writing, participating.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Doucheyy! Missed you, bud. :-p

I never left. But couldn't really post. New wife, baby, bought a house. Life got crazeee. Still is. Visiting the in-laws right now tho and took a short vacay and they're giving me my much needed alone time. Lets me post here for a week or two.
Like I give a shit.

J/k. good hear from u again bro.

Diesldude
But the HOTU didn End everything, it failed, as Thanos failed, everything went to normal after it. Thanos is a villain and they are all made to fail in the end. CA Superman was the exact opposite, as BW explained. CA can't lose.

I don't know, didn't thanos serve a purpose and that was fulfilled right? So he didn't fail. He was a part of TOAA's plan which came together.

Insane Titan
I don't know, didn't thanos serve a purpose and that was fulfilled right? So he didn't fail. He was a part of TOAA's plan which came together. yeah that's true, but your dealing with Proff here. Context gets blinkered out because of his bias.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Wow, and I just thought you were a clown who didn't actually read the comics of the person you want to marry (superman) Instead, this post proves it's much much worse than I thought. You're truly a piece of work and seemingly autistic

KuRuPT Thanosi
...How did you reach that conclusion?

Do you honestly expect him to answer intelligently after making the claims he has?

VastoLord1234
I always thought the CA Superman was featless, aside from holding Limbo and fighting mandrakk, what do the both have that puts them so high to everyones eyes? I see people claiming they can break the fourth wall or that they can effect metaphysics etc etc.........is there any actual proof of that?

Galan007
^ Thought Robot simply existed in a higher dimensional plane than Limbo, thus Limbo appeared tiny in comparison to him. I wouldn't really call that a quantifiable battle feat.

Most people(myself included) rank Thought Robot so high due to the staggering overtones of the story. Thought Robot represented the essence/embodiment of a 'good story' on a metaphysical/metatextual level--it had the most powerful comic book story in existence. Because it wielded the most powerful story(backed by an adaptive armor that could evidently overcome ANY threat), Thought Robot was beyond pretty much anything, aside from Supreme Being-esque power of course. It was so powerful that it was able to match, and eventually overcome, Mandrakk, who was the metaphysical/metatextual embodiment of an 'evil story'. What's more, Mandrakk had also been feasting on the multiversal energies of The Bleed for untold eons--making him an even more powerful threat.

VastoLord1234
^ Thought Robot simply existed in a higher dimensional plane than Limbo, thus Limbo appeared tiny in comparison to him. I wouldn't really call that a quantifiable battle feat.

Most people(myself included) rank Thought Robot so high due to the staggering overtones of the story. Thought Robot represented the essence/embodiment of a 'good story' on a metaphysical/metatextual level--it had the most powerful comic book story in existence. Because it wielded the most powerful story(backed by an adaptive armor that could evidently overcome ANY threat), Thought Robot was beyond pretty much anything, aside from Supreme Being-esque power of course. It was so powerful that it was able to match, and eventually overcome, Mandrakk, who was the metaphysical/metatextual embodiment of an 'evil story'. What's more, Mandrakk had also been feasting on the multiversal energies of The Bleed for untold eons--making him an even more powerful threat.

That sounds immense..........do you have scans for all of that? cause it sounds waay too immense to simply put in a comic story.

Galan007
I'd have to post scans of the entire issue for you to even begin to grasp what was going on in that story... Which I'm not going to do.

Hell, I personally had to read the story several times before I started to understand the overall plot. It's definitely a 'thinking man's' comic, that's for sure. Highly recommend. thumb up

iceman24567
I'd have to post scans of the entire issue for you to even begin to grasp what was going on in that story... Which I'm not going to do.

Hell, I personally had to read the story several times before I started to understand the overall plot. It's definitely a 'thinking man's' comic, that's for sure. Highly recommend. thumb up thumb up When i original bought the 3d issue i read it atleast half a dozens times just to understand what the hell was going on.

Branlor Swift

Hell, I personally had to read the story several times before I started to understand the overall plot. It's definitely a 'thinking man's' comic, that's for sure. Highly recommend. thumb up thumb up

Yeah, when Iceman read the issue he had to read it like half a dozen time to understand what the hell was going on.

Galan007
Iceman... g007_teehee

Branlor Swift
If a man made of solid ice needs that much to understand it, then simple scans won't do justice.

He's made of ice for gosh sakes

Galan007
And ice is nothing more then frozen water, ffs... And everyone knows that water is a moron. thumb up

Excellent points as always, Brandon. thumb up

Branlor Swift
I was just saying him existing doesn't make sense, but uh yeah... I like yours more.

Galan007
thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
I don't know, didn't thanos serve a purpose and that was fulfilled right? So he didn't fail. He was a part of TOAA's plan which came together.

It wasn't his purpose, it wasn't his will, he was just a pawn that was teached a lesson. He had other plans/visions and failed to achieve them because he saw that he is wrong. TOAA was always above him, in every regard, power and brains.

Didn't Thanos himself admit defeat in the end?

Edit: BW is about the only one here who understood Superman Beyond and FC the first time he read it.

Sj_Sharp
CA Superman.

Hello my friend!
Perfect as always. wink

Mr Master

I don't know, didn't thanos serve a purpose and that was fulfilled right?

So he didn't fail.
thumb up ...

Thanos prepped for years to find the HOTI. It was never 'given' to him.

Thanos achieve his goal: He acquired the HOTI.

Thanos was the only cat in Marvel with the "will" to handle the true Supreme Being's absolute God power omniversal awareness.

Thanos erased/absorbed all of space-time and hierarchal concepts of reality.

Thanos himself decided to bring back creation, he could've easily left a void in its place.

ie. Thanos became the all-powerful factor of Marvel,
and nothing short of the 'Supreme Being' of another company should stalemate him.

Anyway, the bottom-line is, Thanos fixed Marvel, so yea, he "fulfilled his purpose" however you look at it. smile

---------------------------------------------

Surely one of the two incessant trolls in this thread will rebuke the truth I posted with absence of evidence,
but trolls have to fulfill their purpose too so I get it. The ignore button is your only defense really.

Prof. T.C McAbe
On panel confirmed it was a Universe multiple times

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/33308/1405562-truth2.jpg

There was still more left outside this "poor reality"

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/3/34507/685646-2759601_untitled18.jpg

Thanos confirms he was tricked
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/85165/1859172-universe_3.jpg

Mr Master
I know D, G, K and B ... but I won't claim clairvoyance cause I called it.

VastoLord1234

Hell, I personally had to read the story several times before I started to understand the overall plot. It's definitely a 'thinking man's' comic, that's for sure. Highly recommend. thumb up

So basically its all upto self-interpretation? its not concrete fact per say, but rather how you interpreted a mind- boggling story?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by VastoLord1234
So basically its all upto self-interpretation? its not concrete fact per say, but rather how you interpreted a mind- boggling story?

Everything concerning the cosmic hierarchy is up to self-interpretation. There are some "Comic-Nazis" who try to spam threads with their wall of text and ninja-post with very selected scans, while leaving out everything that contradicts their theory in order to extablish their wishful thinking as "FACT". Read every story yourself, talk with others if you want, your opinion and your interpretation is as valid as those of the Comic-Nazis. wink

Mr Master
... "nvrbeenwthagirl" ... eat your heart out. Your thrown has been taken.

Mr Master
yawn

So, concerning "Marvel: The End" ....

Don't get me wrong, one has to really look at the details to realize these extras,
but they are imo what defines the full scope of what Thanos did which was beyond "universal" imo.

It's all about this, after absorbing the LT, but more importantly he erases Eternity/Infinity.

Eternity/Infinity the embodiments of This Universe. (616)

There's also every hierarchal Cosmic, every hero/villain, and the entire race of Celestials.

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/17771515_HOTI3.jpg

------------------------

Yet, Starlin tells us there's still "threats" out there, "others" might threaten Thanos:

So Thanos must absorb more!

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/17771516_HOTI4.jpg
http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/17771517_HOTI5.jpg

Now who in the heck is Starlin possibly referring to in/from 616?

When 616's essence/power (Eternity/Infinity + the useless extras) is/are all gone?

hm

Considering Starlin didn't take into account the death of 616 = the death of everything,
I can only imagine he must've been referring to "other" Eternities/Infinities? (or rather ... other universeS?)

Cause I'll be damned if someone says dust and gases lol. (oh, Reed was erased so nah)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Marvunapp: (official Marvel comics sponsored site for Data corrections to Handbook mistakes)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/celestialorderthanos.htm

"Thanos obliterated the Multiverse ... Thanos re-created the Multiverse"

------------------------

We also have the actual writer of the story (Jim Starlin) claiming it was the entire Marvel Universe,
he even thought it was a joke when he was told to do this.

(I'll get you the link to the interview)

Mr Master
^^ There's also this my friends.

If Thanos' absorption was limited to the confines of 616, how did he manage to absorb Gamora and Atleza?

http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17771039_HOTI6.jpg

Warlock survives because of his unique status as a character, explained in the scan. (and many other stories)
If this fact was referenced then it tells us Gamora/Atleza got erased, yet they were all outside 616.

---------------------------

This Warlock detail isn't constricted to the HOTI story, it's always been Warlock's character: (here are a few examples below)

------------------------------

This may not matter much but Thanos performed a feat in an Alternate Universe during the story.

When he visited a reality 2000 years further in the Past from Akhenaten's universe of origin (Reality-4321)
where Thanos re-made reality, so that the Celestial Order never got their prize. (HOTI)

Akhenaten's 4321 Universe is already located in the year 1334 BC.

------------------------------

One more bit:

Akhenaten's personal realm was a blending of UniverseS: yes

http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17771035_HOTI2.jpg

And AK was only tapping the HOTI.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Everything concerning the cosmic hierarchy is up to self-interpretation. There are some "Comic-Nazis" who try to spam threads with their wall of text and ninja-post with very selected scans, while leaving out everything that contradicts their theory in order to extablish their wishful thinking as "FACT". Read every story yourself, talk with others if you want, your opinion and your interpretation is as valid as those of the Comic-Nazis. wink

As already proved with my scans and not some selected bits and unofficial internet sources, HOTU is Universal. But a Comic-Nazi is a Comic-Nazi, at least we get an "I can only imagine" which means "my limited point of view is just that an opinion and not fact". GG.

Fun fact, even though he absorbed everything, still something/somepeople remained, even realities beyond the poor reality that was absorbed.

One more bit.
Akhenaten's personal realm was a blending of is a lie, notwhere is it stated in that scan, you can read only realities, this kind of "cheating" and twisting is what makes this just the opinion of someone not a fact. wink

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Mr Master
thumb up ...

Thanos prepped for years to find the HOTI. It was never 'given' to him.

Thanos achieve his goal: He acquired the HOTI.

Thanos was the only cat in Marvel with the "will" to handle the true Supreme Being's absolute God power omniversal awareness.

Thanos erased/absorbed all of space-time and hierarchal concepts of reality.

Thanos himself decided to bring back creation, he could've easily left a void in its place.

ie. Thanos became the all-powerful factor of Marvel,
and nothing short of the 'Supreme Being' of another company should stalemate him.

Anyway, the bottom-line is, Thanos fixed Marvel, so yea, he "fulfilled his purpose" however you look at it. smile

---------------------------------------------

Surely one of the two incessant trolls in this thread will rebuke the truth I posted with absence of evidence,
but trolls have to fulfill their purpose too so I get it. The ignore button is your only defense really. thumb up

Board Walker
As already proved with my scans and not some selected bits and unofficial internet sources, HOTU is Universal. But a Comic-Nazi is a Comic-Nazi, at least we get an "I can only imagine" which means "my limited point of view is just that an opinion and not fact". GG.

Fun fact, even though he absorbed everything, still something/somepeople remained, even realities beyond the poor reality that was absorbed.

One more bit.
Akhenaten's personal realm was a blending of is a lie, notwhere is it stated in that scan, you can read only realities, this kind of "cheating" and twisting is what makes this just the opinion of someone not a fact. wink

HOTU was only univers and nothing more, you are 100% correct. Even the marvel bio regarding hotu states it all happened in one universe, it warped multipled sub dimensions within that single universe but nothing outside of it.

HOTU is pretty weak in the grand scheme of powers as is Thanos understanding of it.

Mr Master

Even the marvel bio regarding hotu states it all happened in one universe
Marvunapp: (official Marvel comics sponsored site for Data corrections to Handbook mistakes)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/celestialorderthanos.htm

"Thanos obliterated the Multiverse ... Thanos re-created the Multiverse"

*** profile by Snood: (Jeff Christiansen - Head Handbook Writer of all official Marvel Handbooks since 2004)

it warped multipled sub dimensions within that single universe but nothing outside of it.
Scans? ... Although there are none, but I'd like to entertain myself right now.

HOTU is pretty weak in the grand scheme of powers as is Thanos understanding of it.
no expression

Prof. T.C McAbe
HOTU was only univers and nothing more, you are 100% correct. Even the marvel bio regarding hotu states it all happened in one universe, it warped multipled sub dimensions within that single universe but nothing outside of it.

Yes, the realities mentioned in the akh scan were part of this single Universe as proved by the scan where thanos himself, with the hotu power confirms it, further clarified by his inability to really absorb everything beyond it, as seen by warlock and death, where we even learn that even after the absorbing, other realities still exist.

Mr Master

HOTU was only univers and nothing more
Thanos was an asteroid shortly after the "Big Bang:"

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/22705584_T1.jpg

Alternate universe!

--------------------------------------------------

Thanos was a plant in "Prehistoric" times:

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/22705585_T2.jpg

Alternate universe!

Thanos was a grain of sand in some distant "Future:"

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/22705586_T3.jpg

Alternate universe!

Meh, Thanos became "Omni-Reality" ... Omniverse anyone? Everything?

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/22705802_TT.jpg

As in ... Everything?

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22705927_TTTT.jpg

"Everything!"

I'm not posting for you really since I believe you're just amusing yurself,
but, I wouldn't want some innocent onlooker swayed by fallacies, fallacies backed by our forum ninny.

Mr Master
^^ You know, it doesn't really matter how much territory Thnaos erased, all that matter is this below:

as i'm sure you know, 2 years prior to his confrontation with warlock /w/ IG, it was confirmed that LT exists in, and acts as the judge of, all multiverseS simultaneously:
http://i.imgur.com/xu1buLd.jpg

and as we know, there are infinite universes, and subsequently, infinite multiverseS within the larger omniverse:
http://i.imgur.com/vjXSeP2.jpg

so if one were so inclined, one could argue that LT was an omniversal power when he confronted warlock /w/ IG... and still didn't know if he could win by force
thumb up

In 1997 the LT held the power of Two MegaverseS in one hand:

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17251795_Brothers2.jpg

------------------------

I later learned/understood that this is actually Two separate Comic book lines in the LT's hand, one of which is Marvel:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=604514&pagenumber=10

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17251794_Brothers1.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

^^ Absorbed:

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/22706795_absorbed.jpg

... and LT had the backing of all space-time ... plus the entire race of Celestials:

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/22706792_HOTI9.jpg

ouch ...

-----------------------------------------------------

"universal power" huh ... Whether Thanos absorbed 1 or all universes in space-time is upto the individual,
but to think Thanos was nothing more than a "universal" power is laughable.

Time Immemorial
Is there any scans of LT conversing with TOAA?

Board Walker
Mr Master,

Everything you posted happened within the confines of a single universe, there were many sub dimensions within that universe but never anything exceeding that single universe.

The LT has been shown to exist as a fragment in each universe, which is what is seen in all of those scans.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Is there any scans of LT conversing with TOAA?

Simple logic. Spectre can't destroy Darkseid because the presence doesn't approve.
Thanos was not omniscient even if he believed it, because he wasn't aware that toaa tricked him. LT was not allowed to win as TOAAs plan was a different one as we saw at the end. Thanos wasn't even aware that he failed to absorb everything, only his poor reality, not warlock or death or the other realities,more proof that he was not truly omniscient. He was hence also not omnipotent, even if he believed it, else he would have absorbed it, warlock and the other reality. So his supreme being status was just a fake, a joke, made by toaa who was the only being in that story that was truly omniscient and omnipotent. So LT was for the sake of the plan below the universal power.

Board Walker
Simple logic. Spectre can't destroy Darkseid because the presence doesn't approve.
Thanos was not omniscient even if he believed it, because he wasn't aware that toaa tricked him. LT was not allowed to win as TOAAs plan was a different one as we saw at the end. Thanos wasn't even aware that he failed to absorb everything, only his poor reality, not warlock or death or the other realities,more proof that he was not truly omniscient. He was hence also not omnipotent, even if he believed it, else he would have absorbed it, warlock and the other reality. So his supreme being status was just a fake, a joke, made by toaa who was the only being in that story that was truly omniscient and omnipotent. So LT was for the sake of the plan below the universal power.

Very well put!

Thanos only had power that was less than universal, as you stated thanos was entirley unaware that he was under the control and manipulation of the TOAA the entire time. Thanos could not perceive Death or Warlock outside of the single universe he was operating in, thanos did not possess universal understanding or power.

Everything that happened was purely an illusion intended to fool Thanos, of which all those outside that universe were aware of including the LT who was working under the plans of the TOAA.

Thanos with the HOTU ultimately was nothing more than a sub universal power, and more importantly had an extremely small degree of universal sight and understanding.

Cosmic Superman is at the top of the Metaversal powers, and is the power of the Writers/Fans incarnated.

Igniz
^^ You know, it doesn't really matter how much territory Thnaos erased, all that matter is this below:

thumb up

------------------------

I later learned/understood that this is actually Two separate Comic book lines in the LT's hand, one of which is Marvel:

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17251794_Brothers1.jpg

^^ Absorbed:

... and LT had the backing of all space-time ... plus the entire race of Celestials:

ouch ...

"universal power" huh ... Whether Thanos absorbed 1 or all universes in space-time is upto the individual,

thumb up

Its funny how some people are still clinging to the Thanos w/ HOTU was only universal when the Living Tribunal is the guy that acts when there is a threat to all reality.If Thanos w/ HOTU was only "universal", why did the LT goes omega level threat mode against Thanos w/ HOTU?

abhilegend
It's funny master is trying to peddle HOTU absorbing "Omni-whatever" when Starlin flat out told in Infinity Revelation that it only absorbed one universe.

CatL18
I have a question.
What tier Do you put Cosmic Armor Superman? Supreme level? multiversal? or megaversal?

I think that CAS is representation of good story itself and idea that good will win. So in Hero comic like DC,Marvel, Almost no one can stand to him. Only The one who is omnipotent and writer's avatar like TOAA can beat him.
As for HOTU Thanos,I think that It depends on what power does thanos get from TOAA by wielding HOTU.

Sj_Sharp
Cosmic Superman is at the top of the Metaversal powers, and is the power of the Writers/Fans incarnated.

This is indisputably true, regardless Thanos.
CA is a thought on the verge of the white page, and this thought is the idea of the story of Superman, not Superman as a physical being but his very concept, and it has been directly stated multiple times that nothing is more powerful than that in the whole DCU.

Originally posted by CatL18
I have a question.
What tier Do you put Cosmic Armor Superman? Supreme level? multiversal? or megaversal?

I think that CAS is representation of good story itself and idea that good will win. So in Hero comic like DC,Marvel, Almost no one can stand to him. Only The one who is omnipotent and writer's avatar like TOAA can beat him.
As for HOTU Thanos,I think that It depends on what power does thanos get from TOAA by wielding HOTU.

For what is worth, Morrison stated that he himself or any other author are nothing if compared to the story of Superman, they simply can't stop or cancel it.
But again, here we are entering the world of metatextual meanings, so it's hard to debate about it in a "vs" topic.

Insane Titan
laughing out loud

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Sj_Sharp
This is indisputably true, regardless Thanos.
CA is a thought on the verge of the white page, and this thought is the idea of the story of Superman, not Superman as a physical being but his very concept, and it has been directly stated multiple times that nothing is more powerful than that in the whole DCU.

For what is worth, Morrison stated that he himself or any other author are nothing if compared to the story of Superman, they simply can't stop or cancel it.
But again, here we are entering the world of metatextual meanings, so it's hard to debate about it in a "vs" topic.

Because if you think about it, most won't remember a Stan Lee or a Morrison or they won't care who that dude behind the name is/was in the future, while Superman will still be recignized as an icon. Most normal people I know don't even know the difference between Marvel and DC, they don't know that Spiderman isn't in the same Universe as Batman, some even didn't know that Batman is in the same Comic/Universe as Superman. Most of the people don't care for comics or Superheroes, they will always recognize Superman > Batman > Spiderman >>> IronMan >>> rest of the Avengers.

Not in the USA though. ^^

Sj_Sharp
Because if you think about it, most won't remember a Stan Lee or a Morrison or they won't care who that dude behind the name is/was in the future, while Superman will still be recignized as an icon. Most normal people I know don't even know the difference between Marvel and DC, they don't know that Spiderman isn't in the same Universe as Batman, some even didn't know that Batman is in the same Comic/Universe as Superman. Most of the people don't care for comics or Superheroes, they will always recognize Superman > Batman > Spiderman >>> IronMan >>> rest of the Avengers.

Not in the USA though. ^^

Hello my friend. stick out tongue
Exaclty, that's what Morrison meant with his statement.
It is anyway kinda pointless to bring this out in a versus debate, indeed I wrote this as a specific answer to CatL18 question.
Anyway, as you obviously know, the fact of the CA being the concept of Superman, placed outside existence itself, and it being the most powerful force in the whole DCU remains clearly indisputably true, as stated.
Or, maybe, for people who only care about physical feats (even if the deep meaning of Superman Beyond goes way far and above them) we can report for example the fact of the CA putting the DC multiverse back in its correct standing still position after the whole fight against Dax Novu. laughing

Mr Master
Originally posted by Igniz

Its funny how some people are still clinging to the Thanos w/ HOTU was only universal when the Living Tribunal is the guy that acts when there is a threat to all reality.If Thanos w/ HOTU was only "universal", why did the LT goes omega level threat mode against Thanos w/ HOTU?
thumb up ... There are some innocents that believe this, then there are the trolls.

Akhenaten was only tapping the HOTI and his realm was a blending of universes.
Originally posted by abhilegend

It's funny master is trying to peddle HOTU absorbing "Omni-whatever" when Starlin flat out told in Infinity Revelation that it only absorbed one universe.
I've personally never seen the term "one" or the actual number "1" to represent what Thanos absorbed.

Also, everything I posted is connected/affiliated with Marvel comics.

I'd luv for you to post those scans highlighting this specific "number."

That aside, in case yu missed my last post: (re-post below)

1997 the LT held the power of Two MegaverseS in one hand: (two comic book companies)

2003 ... LT gets absorbed by the HOTI like a mote in a storm:

"universal power" huh ...

Whether Thanos absorbed 1 or all universes in space-time is upto the individual,

stoned ...

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by abhilegend

You mean Universe as in singular not Universes which would mean more than one? Good catch!

laughing out loud

On panel confirmed it was a Universe multiple times

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/33308/1405562-truth2.jpg

Mr Master

----------------------------------------------------

as i'm sure you know, 2 years prior to his confrontation with warlock /w/ IG, it was confirmed that LT exists in, and acts as the judge of, all MultiverseS simultaneously:

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/22710728_LT1.jpg

and as we know, there are infinite Universes, and subsequently, infinite MultiverseS within the larger Omniverse:

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/22710729_LT2.jpg

----------------------------------------------------

We later learned that's actually Two Comic book companies! eek!

^^ The Living Tribunal - Eternity - Infinity ... absorbed:

... plus the entire race of Celestials:

... next ...

Whether Thanos absorbed 1 or all universes in space-time is upto the individual,

iceman24567
Thanos wins

BeyonderGod
The Presence=TOAA
Can people stop saying that......HOTU solos.

Board Walker
The HOTU does not equate with the TOAA, the HOTU is a sub universal power that does not grant omnipotence or omniscience.

The Presence is above and beyond the HOTU, Cosmic Armor Superman is beyond the Presence itself as he transcends the writers of the comic world and exists in our world.

CatL18
I think that It depends on how powerful do people here estimate CAS's power of STORY.
In feat only, Thanos will overwhelm CAS, I think.

Genii96
HOTU stomps

Golgo13
The HOTU does not equate with the TOAA, the HOTU is a sub universal power that does not grant omnipotence or omniscience.

The Presence is above and beyond the HOTU, Cosmic Armor Superman is beyond the Presence itself as he transcends the writers of the comic world and exists in our world.

BW Ftw.

bbrem123
haha^

Thanos wins this

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>