Captain America vs Wolf(AvP2)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_n76Cs6E3CQc/TVU1u102MxI/AAAAAAAAAEg/4FfZ3Hf2bAE/s1600/captain%2Bamerica%2Bmovie%2Bchris%2Bevans.jpg

VS

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5fhK-Q-JpnY/TrhOAC4UbXI/AAAAAAAAAlQ/kwNpgvpxTcw/s640/predator+drawing.jpg

Fight takes place in Tony Stark's house

http://www.elledecor.com/files/web/images/08-celebrity-interiors-Iron-Man.jpg

Who wins?

KingD19
Does Wulf get all his weaponry? If he does he takes it.

Zack Fair
I don't remember all the gadgets and weapons he had in the movie. He had a shitload of them though. mmm I am leaning towards yeah give him all his weapons, but then he could have had some impossibly OP tool I forgot about.

Placidity
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd6/Dachandes_Lair/avp001vj1.gif

KingD19
Cap better not try to block that with his shield.

And iirc Wulf was pretty beast in melee too.

juggerman
Wolf no doubt

Zack Fair
For the sake of making it a fair fight I am limiting Wolf to the shoulder canon, spear, wrist blade and mines.

steverules_2
You gotta be kidding me...this is rape, it's not even borderline...it's way over. Just make it an H2H fight, wolf with those weapons would own imo.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by steverules_2
You gotta be kidding me...this is rape, it's not even borderline...it's way over. Just make it an H2H fight, wolf with those weapons would own imo.

I disagree.

steverules_2
Wolf has all those weapons and skilled H2H, he took on a predalien toe to toe and held his own. All cap has is his shield, did you watch Avengers? He was skilled but he still ended up getting shot by a weapon that compared to the should cannon was low energy and minimal in damage. One shoulder canon shot and cap is doomed. And I'm willing to bet predator has better aim as well considering he can lock on.

juggerman
Yeah i dont really see Cap standing much of a chance here

Zack Fair
Wolf has all those weapons and skilled H2H, he took on a predalien toe to toe and held his own. All cap has is his shield, did you watch Avengers? He was skilled but he still ended up getting shot by a weapon that compared to the should cannon was low energy and minimal in damage. One shoulder canon shot and cap is doomed. And I'm willing to bet predator has better aim as well considering he can lock on.

Ugh so annoying when people go "did you watch/read" uhuh

While it is true that Cap got shot in Avengers, he was still facing fire from numerous enemies in different locations.

juggerman
Ok looking at strength showings Wolf clearly is superior and it didnt look as tho Cap had much H2H skill and just kinda relied on being much stronger than his opponent

Zack Fair
Originally posted by juggerman
Ok looking at strength showings Wolf clearly is superior and it didnt look as tho Cap had much H2H skill and just kinda relied on being much stronger than his opponent

mmm

steverules_2
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Ugh so annoying when people go "did you watch/read" uhuh

While it is true that Cap got shot in Avengers, he was still facing fire from numerous enemies in different locations.

I know it is, but the fact is you have to watch/read something to know the true facts

True he was facing numerous fire, but he wasn't exactly dodging it, he used his shield for most of it I believe (I get the feeling your gonna be using the 'Did you watch?' line ina minute). I don't think their aim was really that great. Fact is Predator has a target lock, they didn't...cap loses his shield at any point in the fight and he's screwed. In Captain America that guy with the flamethrower suit had him pinned down until his girlfriend saved him.

Zack Fair
I know it is, but the fact is you have to watch/read something to know the true facts

True he was facing numerous fire, but he wasn't exactly dodging it, he used his shield for most of it I believe (I get the feeling your gonna be using the 'Did you watch?' line ina minute). I don't think their aim was really that great. Fact is Predator has a target lock, they didn't...cap loses his shield at any point in the fight and he's screwed. In Captain America that guy with the flamethrower suit had him pinned down until his girlfriend saved him.

A flamethrower is not the same as a shoulder canon. No I won't use the read/watch line. I'm not that annoying. If Cap destroys the shoulder canon he is free to lose the shield anytime he wants IMO, except of course if he lands on a mine. In First Avenger Cap faced a lot of enemies with pistols/rifles that used the Tesseract energy and packed a lot more firepower than Wolf's shoulder canon.

steverules_2
No but the fact still remains that he was cornered and screwed. It's not annoying, it's just fact. For all I know you may not have seen it. Cap did face a lotta people with that tech yes, fact is he still got shot in Avengers though and a shoulder canon is more powerful than the weapoms used there. If Cap loses the shield he's screwed, you said the pred has his claws yes? So whats cap gonna do then? And the spear as well. Cap seems very outmatched. Just give pred his claws, be more even then.

Psychotron
WTF? Are you serious? Wolf rapes. Captain America would get worked even if it was only H2H. This guy was able to hold off two adult Aliens with his bare hands and go toe to toe with the Predalien. Giving him his weapons makes it spite.

the ninjak
A Predator with all tech is spite......it's just too much.

But considering Cap only has a shield means the Predator would be a coward to trap or blast Rogers from safety, he would fight him face to face to prove his mettle.

If Wolf with spear and blades and Cap with the shield, I see Cap taking this.

Psychotron
Wolf has every possible physical advantage except probably speed, he's got more weapons, and is more experienced than CA. I don't see how he could lose this.

Impediment
Cap's skull becomes another trophy for Wolf.

juggerman
Caps only chance is to do what Arnold Danny Adrian and that Asian guy with the sword have done in the past to Predators and thats get them to unarm themselves and hope for a luck shot.

Since Cap has better stats then all of them if Wolf were to fight that way Cap would have a great chance

the ninjak
Originally posted by Psychotron
Wolf has every possible physical advantage except probably speed, he's got more weapons, and is more experienced than CA. I don't see how he could lose this.
Originally posted by Impediment
Cap's skull becomes another trophy for Wolf.

But don't you guys see the fact that Cap only has a shield would force Wolf to challenge Cap on equal ground?
A warrior's duel.
Like the Hanzo duel.

Cap would win that.

juggerman
Maybe his shield would help or maybe Wolf plasma blasts it and Cap is sent flying like when the bomb went off in Avengers and Cap went out the window. If Cap slams into something he may be too hurt to block another blast

juggerman
Plus if Wolf had that brutal "squeeze net" i dunno that the shield would help that

the ninjak
I'm talkin a warriors duel between the two like where Hanzo had the sword and the Predator had his wrist blades.

A decent Predator isn't just gonna blast a blunt weapon warrior with net gun or plasma blast to defeat his enemy, it would be cowardly.

KingD19
In a straight up melee fight, Wulf still has the advantage. Stronger, more experienced fighter; better weapons, etc... He's gonna get past Cap's shield and rip him apart.

juggerman
And i highly doubt that Wolf would try to go h2h while Cap still had the shield. He would only do that if his opponent was weaponless or had a blade and if so he would use his wristblades.

And with Wolfs superior strength and skill i believe he could take the shield from Cap anyway

KingD19
And i highly doubt that Wolf would try to go h2h while Cap still had the shield. He would only do that if his opponent was weaponless or had a blade and if so he would use his wristblades.

And with Wolfs superior strength and skill i believe he could take the shield from Cap anyway

There's a slim chance Wolf would go hand to hand right away. But he's literally one of the best Predator warriors of all time. He's proved his self countless times and may not feel like doing it again.

juggerman
Predators hold respect and honor above all else so if Cap threw dont his shield and put up his fists theres no doubt Wolf would engage him in h2h.... and utterly destroy him

the ninjak
Predators hold respect and honor above all else so if Cap threw dont his shield and put up his fists theres no doubt Wolf would engage him in h2h.... and utterly destroy him

That's my whole point. A decent Predator wont just kill Cap with advanced weaponry he would fight him man to man.

And Cap would probably win.

KingD19
Cap wouldn't win a fight against a Predator in h2h; especially not Wolf. Even with his shield; he'd lose.

juggerman
Cap wouldnt really have much of a chance and Cap would really just have to hope Wolf makes a mistake. Unlikely considering his skill level.

And Predators kill things from far away all the time so its not out of the question

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Cap wouldn't win a fight against a Predator in h2h; especially not Wolf. Even with his shield; he'd lose.

I never said H2H. I wrote shield vs claws and spear.

Cap wouldnt really have much of a chance and Cap would really just have to hope Wolf makes a mistake. Unlikely considering his skill level.

And Predators kill things from far away all the time so its not out of the question

Watch the films. Predators kill men or women with weaponry. Not a guy holding a shield. A guy with a shield they will fight against with honor.

KingD19
A shield is a weapon. It's a primarily defensive weapon, but it's still a weapon. Predator's know enough about Earth to know that people get killed with shields all the time. And with his spear, Wolf has a nasty advantage.

the ninjak
A shield is a weapon. It's a primarily defensive weapon, but it's still a weapon. Predator's know enough about Earth to know that people get killed with shields all the time. And with his spear, Wolf has a nasty advantage.

Not against Cap. Those Chitauri had mean strength and durability yet Cap punched at least three and killed them!

KingD19
What strength and durability did they show? Getting beat up by human Hawkeye and human Black Widow?

the ninjak
Landing on cars, crushing them beneath their feet and moving on to shoot at their prey. Durability right there.

What were they anyways? Zombies?

KingD19
Chitauri are Skrulls from the Ultimate Marvel universe. And Cap landed on a car and crushed it when he fell from high enough.

Still doesn't change the fact that Hawkeye and Widow, people with no enhanced strength whatsoever were beating them down in h2h.

Psychotron
The Chitauri were lame, their plasma weapons couldn't kill or injure CA, they couldn't even burn his uniform.

Even if Wolf chooses to melee Captain America instead of just stealth ****ing him he'll still have the advantage. He's stronger, tougher, he's got longer range, and he's more experienced. Cap ends up on the trophy wall.

steverules_2
This may be the first time in a thread where pretty much everyone has agreed with me

Zack Fair
No but the fact still remains that he was cornered and screwed. It's not annoying, it's just fact. For all I know you may not have seen it. Cap did face a lotta people with that tech yes, fact is he still got shot in Avengers though and a shoulder canon is more powerful than the weapoms used there. If Cap loses the shield he's screwed, you said the pred has his claws yes? So whats cap gonna do then? And the spear as well. Cap seems very outmatched. Just give pred his claws, be more even then.

Its annoying to me. Can we get over it? Yes the plasma canon is more powerful than those weapons the chitauri used, and? The shield still deflected stuff much more powerful and he is facing just one predator, not numerous predators shooting from all sides. What is so hard to understand about that? I see Cap having no problem blocking Predator's shots. The spear is something else entirely, and the shield can still block and Cap can still dodge it. The claws are there because I think the Predator will need at least a melee weapon to contend with the shield for when Cap closes the distance--if he gets to close it. Cool you think Cap is very outmatched; I don't.

So anyway lets go with just claws, who wins?

KingD19
Still Wolf.

Zack Fair
F U! http://www.comicheroes.co.uk/images/gifs/America/captain_america3%5B1%5D.gif

Edit: Where would you guys rank Cap's strength?

the ninjak
Yeah Cap wins due to honor fight. Final Justice mofos.

If a Japanese Yakuza can face a Predator in honorable combat then Cap most DEFINITELY will!

And Cap would win where the Yakuza did and survive.

KingD19
You're assuming that all Predators are equal in combat prowess. AvP and AvP:R show that that's simply not true.

We never saw any feats from that Predator except the fight with the Yakuza guy. Wolf on the other hands was clearly superhuman and a total badass. He has feats to back him up. Besides, if Cap chucks that shield, Wolf either knocks it out of the way, catches it, or just dodges and let's it fall.

Zack Fair
You're assuming that all Predators are equal in combat prowess. AvP and AvP:R show that that's simply not true.

We never saw any feats from that Predator except the fight with the Yakuza guy. Wolf on the other hands was clearly superhuman and a total badass. He has feats to back him up. Besides, if Cap chucks that shield, Wolf either knocks it out of the way, catches it, or just dodges and let's it fall.

True but the Predators in Predators were physically more imposing than the regular ones we're used to, or at least that is how they tried to portray them in the movie.

Wolf is a fkn badass. I am glad he beat the shit out of dozens of xenomoprhs. The first movie pissed me off with how lame the newbie predators were.

the ninjak
Cap ain't holding a gun so Wolf will face him in close combat. It's the only natural solution.

To use lasers or nets would be dishonorable.

KingD19
True but the Predators in Predators where physically more imposing than the regular ones we're used to, or at least that is how they tried to portray them in the movie.

Wolf is a fkn badass. I am glad he beat the shit out of dozens of xenomoprhs. The first movie pissed me off with how lame the newbie predators were.

Well they showed 2 types of Predators; the bad ones and the one that Brody found at the end. The bad ones seemed slightly larger than Wolf and the Commander in AvP who took down the Alien Queen. And the other one looked smaller. The big ones though didn't show anything Wolf or Scar(I think that was his name) couldn't do, and Wolf/Scar definitely had the skill edge and better feats.

And yeah, Wolf was basically a cleaner. They called him in when situations were hopeless and they needed the best.

As for the noobies. They were on their first hunt. No matter how much training you go through, your first real battle is overwhelming. That's true in any society or war.

Originally posted by the ninjak
Cap ain't holding a gun so Wolf will face him in close combat. It's the only natural solution.

To use lasers or nets would be dishonorable.

Doesn't matter if Wolf goes in close quarters, he still wins. He has his claws, his spear, and possibly his wrist blades. All Cap has is his shield, which is fine and dandy, but Wolf is skilled enough to work his way past the shield, or get Cap to throw it. Once he throws it, he's phucked.

the ninjak
You're assuming he throws his shield. If he doesn't the fight is actually quite even. Cept Predators are lanky bastards and Cap can take advantage.

KingD19
Cap throws his shield in melee all the time. He's just never faced anybody skilled enough to make it a non-factor. Even if he kept it, Wolf is just as strong or possibly stronger than him. He can keep him on the defensive with his spear and eventually get it away from him.

steverules_2
Its annoying to me. Can we get over it? Yes the plasma canon is more powerful than those weapons the chitauri used, and? The shield still deflected stuff much more powerful and he is facing just one predator, not numerous predators shooting from all sides. What is so hard to understand about that? I see Cap having no problem blocking Predator's shots. The spear is something else entirely, and the shield can still block and Cap can still dodge it. The claws are there because I think the Predator will need at least a melee weapon to contend with the shield for when Cap closes the distance--if he gets to close it. Cool you think Cap is very outmatched; I don't.

So anyway lets go with just claws, who wins?

Yes but you're missing the fact that he has and I repeat a lock on system meaning it would be hard to miss Cap. Although from what I've seen the plasma is quite a slow moving weapon, like when it's fired the shot moves slowly, kinda like star wars blasters being compared to a normal gun, a bullet moves faster. So I guess it could be easy to block. The thing is if Cap loses his shield (which he will, he always does) then when he's going up against a predators claws then he's gonna be made into ribbons. It's not just me who thinks he's outmatched, nearly everyone here agree's with me.

Pred still wins...

Zack Fair
Gotcha. Kays.

So what do you people think are Cap's odds against the Predator that lost to Arnie?

Also:Originally posted by Zack Fair

Edit: Where would you guys rank Cap's strength?

steverules_2
Gotcha. Kays.

So what do you people think are Cap's odds against the Predator that lost to Arnie?

Also:

Think Cap still loses

Arnie got lucky, Arnie was dead and buried, pred was stood in the wrong place

Pred from pred 2 on the other hand...think he stands a chance

KingD19
Caps clearly in the low end of the superhuman spectrum, right along with the Predators.

Darth Martin
Where would you guys rank Cap's strength? Rank? Somewhere around Adrian Veidt level. But he's facing an opponent that was manhandling multiple Xenomorphs at a time. Wolf kills Xenomorphs just as easy as Blade does Aliens. Cap is a beast, sure, but Wolf is too experienced and has too many tricks.

Another note: Yautja in general are FAR tougher than anything Cap could hope to be. These things eat multiple shotgun shells, huge impalement's, etc. and keep fighting.

Cap may have been shot in the first film I can't remember. He got hit with the Chitauri blaster and got up like a champ, and was knocked out of what looked to be a 2-3 story building but he's still not seeing the toughness of the Yautja race.

Placidity
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/013/e/c/avengers_vs_predator__colour_by_naitvalis-d4m6o1g.jpg

Psychotron
The Black Predators are a bad comparison. They weren't actually bigger than the classic Predators, it's just that the guy playing Classic was 6'5 as opposed to the Jungle and City Predators who were 7'2. Black Predators were actually shorter than that guy.

Anyway, I don't see how CA can even hope to KO or kill Wolf. Predators have insane damage soak, and this guy is tougher. On other hand, on good shot from that spear and it all over. That's assuming Wolf doesn't just go in stealth mode and snipe his ass.

0mega Spawn
off topic: anybody ever play that PS2 Predator Concrete Jungle?
mad underrated

on topic: cap loses repeatedly... wolf was chasing aliens the entire film that alone shows how BA he is.

KingD19
I love that game.

0mega Spawn
I think everyone would if they played it.

that predator was so damn beast ahhhh good times

KingD19
The new one was pretty fun too.

Placidity
I've only played AvP, and AvP2 on PC, both were awesome.

On another note I look forward to the new Aliens game.

Psychotron
AvP 2 was awesome, one of my favorite shooters.

Riot-Gear
Aliens go down to pistol rounds and humans have held them back, Predators lose fights to Danny Glover. Cap knocks gods on their arses.

The "predalien" was slow and awkward in its movement. Cap was running down cars and blocking bullets and energy blasts.

As for strength. Cap was not only able to leap considerable distances, but also throw/punch/knock/kick people often in combat gear over armored vehicles/back a dozen feet. Maybe I am missing some thing, but when did Wolf display strength in excess of that. I mean Glover muscled around with Pred in Predator 2. Sure it wasn't Wolf, but it works as a base line for Predator strength.

juggerman
Glover never "muscled around with" a Predator. He got a few lucky shots in but the majority of the time he was getting his ass kicked. That goes for just about every human that has bested a Pred. That get thrashed then the Pred doen the "slow walk of doom" thinking they have won and the hero takes advantage.

Had any of the Predators taken the fight seriously the entire time there would have never been a human win.

Wolf wouldnt make a mistake like that

And Wolf manhandled (or should i say Predhandled) mulitple aliens at the same time which would take a tremendous amount of strength considering what they are capable of.

juggerman
Plus a good account of their strength capabilities would be in AVP when the Alien and Predator were scuffling and the Pred swung the Alien around and with the amount of force of the swing broke a pillar.

Now the swing itself was very impressive but the fact that it damaged the pillar like that (and it was stated that the pyramid was very advanced as the Predators built/helped build it and it shifted and crap which means that those pillars had to be extremely durable considering they knew the pyamid was to be used for these extreme battles) puts that feat way up there

Riot-Gear
Glover never "muscled around with" a Predator. He got a few lucky shots in but the majority of the time he was getting his ass kicked. That goes for just about every human that has bested a Pred. That get thrashed then the Pred doen the "slow walk of doom" thinking they have won and the hero takes advantage.

Perhaps muscled around with was poor wording. Point is Glover was blocking shots in melee combat with out his arm shattering or even his block folding. As I recall he even managed to block downward strikes.

If Predator are as strong as you're making out the first time Glover blocked his arm and disc weapon should have been embedded in his stomach or head as he shouldn't have been able to with stand the impact of the Predator strike/weapon.

Had any of the Predators taken the fight seriously the entire time there would have never been a human win.

We have no way of knowing how the fights would have turned out if the Predator were to "fight seriously".

And Wolf manhandled (or should i say Predhandled) mulitple aliens at the same time which would take a tremendous amount of strength considering what they are capable of.

What are they capable of the Marines in "Aliens" could hold them back if only briefly.

Placidity
Originally posted by Riot-Gear

What are they capable of the Marines in "Aliens" could hold them back if only briefly.

Marines held them back with firearms, not physically holding them back.

Psychotron
And the Aliens in "Aliens" were bullet resistant. IIRC Vazquez shoots one with a pistol and some of the bullets bounce off the Alien. Then there's the Alien in Alien 3 where it had tons of molten lead dropped on top of it and it survived.

juggerman
We do know what happens to beings when Predator decides to end it quickly like Billy on the bridge (which if we are assuming that Preds fight close when the opponent only has a close combat weapon since thats what we are assuming he will do againt Cap) or any of the other time he has fought close

The Preds have a tendency to have the main character down and slowly walk to them maybe in confidence or to tease but never do that to anyone else. Thats clearly PIS and without it Pred would just jump on him killing him quickly

Wolf had WAYYYY more expirence and wouldnt make those silly mistakes

KingD19
jl4oqcthaj8

Skip to about 1:16. Pred's showing strength feats pretty much in the same range and probably higher than Cap's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.