Jack Bauer runs the Die Hard Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
He is switched out for McClane for the 4 films in the franchise. Can he avert the attacks?

BONUS:
McClane is placed in Jack's shoes and must avert 8 days worth of terror attacks. Can he do it?

Robtard
Bauer likely wouldn't see through Hans' rouse and he'd get shot in the back. So he'd last about 42 mins of DH1.

McClane solos 24/7.

Lestov16
Bauer would have started torturing Hans (just out of suspicion something may be up) as soon as he saw him on the rooftop. This isn't a stretch because Jack's tortured his own family members just because he thought they might be involved in something, so...no

I'm not seeing McClane being able to take out the Coral Snake commando team whom Jack killed every single one of

Robtard
If torturing someone that most likely would be some poor guy who managed to stay hidden is Bauer's first course of action, then he's clearly unstable and unstable/not thinking won't get him through DH1, let alone DH2-4. He for sure won't survive the explosion and be able to grab onto the venting ledge with his normal durability. If (big IF)he survives the explosion, his arm will be ripped off by the G-forces when he tries to grabs and he'll fall to his death. So he gets through about 64 mins of DH1.

McClane took out a group of highly trained soldiers out in DH2. He's more than capable.

Lestov16
It's too bad he tortured those people on his intuition, which is always correct. Everyone's he's tortured has ended up being guilty. He doesn't have an "unintentionally tortured innocent" anywhere on his torture streak.

Bauer takes out small armies.....on an hourly basis. McClane has to take 15 minutes to tend to his poor foot. To Bauer that is wasting time.

Robtard
Still clearly unstable, even a nut can be correct.

Only advantage Bauer has over McClane in DH1, he's so tiny he won't feel like a "TV Dinner" when crawling through the HVAC, he'll be more like a gerbil crawling through those plastic tunnels you find in petshop cages.

He's still not clearing DH1 though, not durable enough.

But I'll entertain you, let's just pretend (lol) Bauer gets to DH4, how's he taking out the helicopter and two machine-gunners when he runs out of bullets?

Lestov16
He is durable enough, but he won't even need durability, since he'll be killing all of them, and note with the ease of a CIA assassin, which he formerly was, and not bitching and crying about some glass in his foot to a fat cop see can't see what he's shooting at.

Probably the same way. Or better. He probably won't even find himself cornered in such a helpless position.

But I'll entertain you. Let's pretend (lol) McClane gets to 24S4, how's he sneaking undetected and exfiltrating the Chinese Embassy

Lestov16
LOL I'm watching the scene right now. He's bordering on crying lol.

Lestov16
LOL He is crying! He's actually thinking he might not make it! Bauer is not limited by such a negative mindset. He WILL find a way.

He is wasting so much time. Jack would have carved through most of them by now.

Robtard
So your cop-out to the helicopter in DH4 is "Bauer will kill them first", guys (barring one) he's would not have known about or met up until that point?

I don't think so, pal.

Lestov16
I've answered plenty of your questions and you've answered none of mine,

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
I've answered plenty of your questions and you've answered none of mine,

You've not. You avoided the helicopter scenario, the only question I asked in here.

You've only asked me one question in here so far, that was after avoiding mine.

Lestov16
No. I've addressed the helicopter scenario head on. And like I said, Jack would have done the exact same thing. Speaking from an objective perspective (having seen both and thus knowing all the facts), I think Jack is resourceful enough to have pulled that off. If there were anyone else who watches 24 on here, they would back me up

You haven't addressed how Jack severely outclasses McClane in h2h and gunfights. And how McClane is going to infiltrate a foreign embassy

FinalAnswer
iirc, in 24: The Game, which is canon as far as I'm aware, didn't Jack take out a helicopter with a pistol?

Robtard
No. I've addressed the helicopter scenario head on. And like I said, Jack would have done the exact same thing. Speaking from an objective perspective (having seen both and thus knowing all the facts), I think Jack is resourceful enough to have pulled that off. If there were anyone else who watches 24 on here, they would back me up

You haven't addressed how Jack severely outclasses McClane in h2h and gunfights. And how McClane is going to infiltrate a foreign embassy

So you're saying Bauer has the ability to launch Fords like that. What leads you to believe this? Because it sounds like BS.

Bauer has not outclassed McClane. McClane could probably walk right into that embassy, being a police officer, so that alone could get him through the door.

Robtard
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
iirc, in 24: The Game, which is canon as far as I'm aware, didn't Jack take out a helicopter with a pistol?

Which is probably very skillful, but as noted, McClane used the Ford cos he was "out of bullets."

Sadako of Girth
Plus McClane once took out a chopper by shooting a wire. (A Wire!!) from range in order to take the chopper out in a clever manner.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Robtard
McClane could probably walk right into that embassy, being a police officer, so that alone could get him through the door. \\

And won't get jack shit, especially not the nuclear physicist has has to kidnap to prevent a nuclear detonation on US soil. The fact that McClane limits himself by the "law" is once again sending him down a few more tiers

Robtard
\\

And won't get jack shit, especially not the nuclear physicist has has to kidnap to prevent a nuclear detonation on US soil. The fact that McClane limits himself by the "law" is once again sending him down a few more tiers

Easy, fella. You asked how McClane could "infiltrate" the embassy, I gave you an answer of how he could.

Your claims are basically baseless, as McClane has shown on-the-fly resourcefulness, especially when pressured. McClane bends and even breaks the rules for the greater good.

So McClane is able to at least get through the door in Bauer's scenario. Bauer dies to a hail of bullets in McClane's chopper scenario. McClane +1.

Topic: Bauer stops at DH4, though that's being extremely generous, imo.

steverules_2
...are there any air vents he could climb into? laughing out loud

jinXed by JaNx
lol Jack Bauer is John McClane.

Placidity

So McClane is able to at least get through the door in Bauer's scenario.

lol, no he wouldn't. Knowing McClane he would probably try to crash a car in the building and then go in Clane-bo, only to get shot to pieces while the target escapes through the back.

McClane would not have a chance in hell in surviving in any season of 24, let alone have the skills, knowledge, toughness or intelligence to save America each time and that's indisputable.

Most people have watched all the DH movies, yet I can guarantee you no one supporting McClane/DH in this thread has watched all 8 seasons of 24, which says a lot about how much weight their opinions carry.

Lestov16
Coming from someone who has seen both franchises, do you think Bauer can run McClane's gauntlet. I mean he takes out merc teams like Han's on an hourly basis. Shouldn't be too hard

Sadako of Girth
Maybe he will get the chance to, if he ever gets a movie made about him like McClane did.

But why put box office cash to yet another McClane immitator?

Lestov16
4 films in 19 years (Highlander does better than that lol) vs 8 consecutive television seasons which won awards, each of which had a far more complex terrorist plot than any of McClane's films
Who is more refutable.... confused

Sadako of Girth
The one who survived.

McClane.

Lestov16
"flatlining" and "dying" are two different things. He still had a pulse (very faint) throughout it all, so he never "died"

The one survived more

Bauer

Lestov16
Also, in order to use that "tortured to death" as a weakness, you must first be willing to prove

A McClane can withstand that amount of physical duress (AFTER taking a days worth of fights). And nothing he's done in any of his films suggest he could

B McClane would not find himself in that position, which is false considering that Simon had him captured and instead of shooting him, did some utterly retarded Bond death trap ploy and gave McClane evidence to capture him. This also leads to

C McClane has faced tougher opponents. Considering the stupidity from above came from McClane's smartest villain, that sets McClane down quite a few tiers

Sadako of Girth
Yet none of his films disprove either...

Yes. McClanes non-plan worked brilliantly.

But he fought Marines, SEALS, Several teams of the world's best mercs, Acrobatic assassins, Hamster people and all comers.

Placidity
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

But why put box office cash to yet another McClane immitator?

Imitator? I don't see them having much in common. Would Jason Bourne be an imitator?

Here's how it is:

One is a highly decorated former Delta Force special forces operative, later working for SWAT, DoD, CIA, and other elite Counter Terrorist units both in field and director roles. His experience, intelligence and skill set is immense which has allowed him to save millions of lives in one way or another countless times. He can speak German, Russian, Spanish and Serbian. Notable is his tactical and strategic mind that has allowed him to outsmart his enemies in a sophisticated manner. Also outstanding is his physical toughness, evident by the Chinese's inability to crack Bauer over 20 months of torture. Perhaps a good testament of his skills and abilities is that when terrorists and traitors know Jack are on their trail, they shit themselves.

John McClane on the other hand, is a LAPD cop, who has taken down terrorists and their plots on 4 occasions, 3 of which were not national-wide threats, which more importantly, is reflected in the levels his opponents operated at.

If Jack Bauer is an "imitator", he has far surpassed the original.

Oh and as I mentioned previously, people who haven't watched the 24 series need not comment. Makes sense I would think. The fact that people claim McClane is superior without even watching all 8 seasons (I suspect not even 1 season) of 24 by definition are irrationally biased. The fact that many of them are also outspoken McClane extremists doesn't help.

Lestov16
Yeah. He'd get knocked down. And unlike McClane's retarded nemeses, they wouldn't turn around, allowing McClane to get the jump on them. Jack would make sure he was dead

to quote what he told his own daughter after she subdued an assailant

"Shoot him again."

Non plan= Non Feat, and since "non-plans" consist of many of McClane's showings, he's just continuing to drop several tiers (and when he goes against Bauer, he's gonna be dropping several tears)

Bauer takes on military commando teams AFTER he's been in a plane crash and killed them all, took out a terrorist compound armed with assault rifles using only a handgun (and NOT getting shot twice, unlike McClane, who takes 6 hours just to clear one building with 10 terrorists and has to take a time out to cry like a ***** to a fat cop who can't see what he's shooting at, while Bauer would have probably cleared that building in 10 minutes, considering he's certifiably done similar to larger groups of assailants), Secret Service motorcades, Russian consulates, Chinese death squads, etc.

Jack's flatlining didn't give him a rest and in fact put him under even more physical duress, AND he still took out ANOTHER team of henchmen (these guys were just mercs, but still dangerous) (and note this is mere hours after the above mentioned-helicopter crash and taking out of the commando team)

Bauer outclasses McClane in every possible level (including resourcefulness). The burden of proof is on you to prove different. Show me some of these scenes with McClane tanking physical duress equal to an hour and a half of electroshock torture and a plane crash combined. I REALLY wish to see it.

And note that after sustaining most of his damage, McClane loves to take time to rest and cry like a bytch. Jack would find that inefficient

Stop trying to put McClane in a league that he's far below. I know you and Rob enjoy stroking McClane's other bald head, but don't allow it to turn to bias. You guys are veteran debaters on this forum, right?

Lestov16
Also on another note, maybe Jack doesn't need to suffer as much hits because he actually can win the fights he gets into, even without having to improvise a weapon at the last second (even though he's not above it, and will use anything, including his teeth, to win a fight).

Can McClane kill a man with his bare hands? Even better, can he run up a wall and break a man's neck after being pushed to his physical pain limits? Nothing suggests that can. If you disagree, once again, the burden of proof is on you

Robtard
"Flat lining" means you're dead, ie no pulse.

With what McClane has shown, it stands to reason he could kill a man with his bare hands,(i'm pretty sure he has, I'd have to watch DH2-3 again) as most men can. Relies heavily on who the intended victim is . Running up a wall? Well, I don't know. Did Bauer Spider-Man it, or was this "running up a wall" something a human could do?

But to post on topic, what's Bauer going to do against a helicopter with a couple armed mercs when he's out of bullets?

Placidity
Whats the deal with the "dead" argument, I think the person who brought that up just thought Jack died in the series finale lol.

But about the helicopter, what makes you think the scenario would play out the same, leading up to the helicopter event? It is almost certain it would play out differently.

I would need to watch the film again to comment further though.

See what I did there? Yes, now you go watch 8 seasons of 24 then come back stick out tongue

Robtard
Dude said Bauer died while being tortured and needed to be revived. Dying is a no-no for an action hero, they teach you that first year of Action Hero School.

In that case, McClane solos all 192 hours, since "I'd play out differently and all in McClane's insane-levels of favor".

Lestov16
With what McClane has shown, it stands to reason he could kill a man with his bare hands,(i'm pretty sure he has, I'd have to watch DH2-3 again) as most men can.

Not with the ease Bauer does it. And saying "I think so. I don't remember" isn't proof. Try again.

You say "With What McClane has shown". What? Give me some specifics and indulge me about how he not only endured massive damage but operated at "run-up-wall-and-break-man's-neck (during which he receives stab wound)" levels after

Running up a wall? Well, I don't know. Did Bauer Spider-Man it, or was this "running up a wall" something a human could do?

By "something a human can do", are you attempting to downplay the feat as to say that just because it's humanly possible, McClane can do it? Because I don't think so. It takes a lot of strength to run up a wall (and even more to snap a man's neck), compounded by previously withstanded torture and a plane crash. McClane's never shown that endurance. He would have probably spent the next hour after the plane crash resting and bitching to Al because he got some glass in his foot

It was a regular wall-run, but McClane would not have been able to do it because he's horrible in H2H (and prove otherwise) and would not have withstood the prior pain-limit-inducing torture and plane crash that came before it

But to post on topic, what's Bauer going to do against a helicopter with a couple armed mercs when he's out of bullets?

The same as McClane. Use whatever resources he has around him to launch an offensive. Hell, he's more resourceful than McClane.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Placidity
Whats the deal with the "dead" argument, I think the person who brought that up just thought Jack died in the series finale lol.

I just brought it up to showcase his endurance. That he was tortured to such a limit and still is at his physical best to run up a wall and snap a man's neck

READ THIS ROB AND SADAKO

Lord Shadow Z
Most people have watched all the DH movies, yet I can guarantee you no one supporting McClane/DH in this thread has watched all 8 seasons of 24, which says a lot about how much weight their opinions carry.

That's probably because the shouty-man-pointing-a-gun-while-averting- confusing-terror-plots shtick got old really fast (in fact JB was actually placidly played 1st/2nd season until they turned him into 'action man' for the ratings) while McClane has definitely evolved in character from the first to the fourth.

Plus bringing a tv character in a movie vs forum and expecting everyone to know everything about said tv character is a bit ignorant and biased. See, this is where the all vs forum falls flat on it's face, 'cause surely to educate us about JB and to ensure we have all information please detail every single feat for the entire 8 seasons. Too much? Any feat of McClane's is instantly accessible and remembered because of the condensed medium, with JB it really isn't.

But hey, this from what I know about JB's abilities:

DH1: Makes it to the elevator shaft where he plunges to his death after failing to grab the vent opening. I wouldn't say he's physically stronger than McClane.

DH2: Makes it to the runway where his lack of McClane strength causes his head to be crushed as he's struggling with the manhole cover.

DH3: He does well for most of this scenario because the plot is more his syle of operating but I don't see him getting out of the tunnel with all the water battering him, he'd be plucked off the ladder like a fly.

DH4: I'd say doable for this one if, and only if he has some sort of weapon and ammo left for the tunnel/car/helicopter scene. If not the free runners go in and waste him.

Lestov16
But that's exactly the thing. You stated it yourself. He was an action hero, and a much better one than McClane, in terms of, well, everything.

But the thing is, Jack wouldn't reach those levels in the plot because upon finding out the initial info at the same time McClane did, he would have taken far more effective and efficient courses of action

and before we continue, how far did you get into 24, because all 8 seasons have spectacular feats from him, so you may be missing some if you haven't seen all the episodes (and Redemption).

You seem to be vastly underestimating Bauer's strength, stamina, and durability. After being pushed to his weakest, he was able to run up a wall and snap a mans neck (and withstood a stab wound in the abdomen in the process). Do you know how much strength it takes to run up a wall? Go ahead and try it.

Now Jack did THIS:

3f1mlBV7s78

Now remember. THIS is him at his PHYSICALLY WEAKEST. He's not only been tortured to his limits, but also involved in a plane crash, other fights (which he didn't sustain that much wounds in because he can...you know...ACTUALLY FIGHT), and suffered a heart attack from flatlining so long. And still he had the strength to phucking PWN that guy. And this is only the second out of 8 times we see him, in which he continues to get better.

Lestov16
And before you say McClane could replicate that:

OXIcaOzFVeQ

1:05-2:08

He's taken far less damage than Bauer did at that point. And Bauer is far more skilled than that guy at H2H. Quite honestly, I'm watching a few parts of the fight where I can see Bauer performing an easy neck snap, unlike that guy, who seems to be an amateur in comparison

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Plus bringing a tv character in a movie vs forum and expecting everyone to know everything about said tv character is a bit ignorant and biased. See, this is where the all vs forum falls flat on it's face, 'cause surely to educate us about JB and to ensure we have all information please detail every single feat for the entire 8 seasons. Too much? Any feat of McClane's is instantly accessible and remembered because of the condensed medium, with JB it really isn't.

Robtard
Not with the ease Bauer does it. And saying "I think so. I don't remember" isn't proof. Try again.

You say "With What McClane has shown". What? Give me some specifics and indulge me about how he not only endured massive damage but operated at "run-up-wall-and-break-man's-neck (during which he receives stab wound)" levels after

By "something a human can do", are you attempting to downplay the feat as to say that just because it's humanly possible, McClane can do it? Because I don't think so. It takes a lot of strength to run up a wall (and even more to snap a man's neck), compounded by previously withstanded torture and a plane crash. McClane's never shown that endurance. He would have probably spent the next hour after the plane crash resting and bitching to Al because he got some glass in his foot

It was a regular wall-run, but McClane would not have been able to do it because he's horrible in H2H (and prove otherwise) and would not have withstood the prior pain-limit-inducing torture and plane crash that came before it

The same as McClane. Use whatever resources he has around him to launch an offensive. Hell, he's more resourceful than McClane.

Again, you're taking something not impossible and not way-out-there and saying "McClane can't do it", when as a man; an extremely capable one at that, it's within his limits. McClane's not seen taking a shit on screen, are we too assume he can't defecate? Some things are just given considering we have a grounded base. But fine, McClane can't break a man's neck with just his hands, he wouldn't need to he'd smash heads against the nearest wall/pavement, or throw him off the nearest height.

So this "wall run" is just "regular", but it's out of McClane's powers? Okay, that's odd. He doesn't have horrible H2H, he's just not idiotically fancy. His punches and headbutts get the job down. LoL at McClane not having durability, that's already been shown to be superhuman.

So McClane can't break a man's neck with "just his hands" cos he's not shown it, but Bauer can launch a car now like McClane did, even though he's not shown it? Does that seem fair and objective to you?

Robtard
That's probably because the shouty-man-pointing-a-gun-while-averting- confusing-terror-plots shtick got old really fast (in fact JB was actually placidly played 1st/2nd season until they turned him into 'action man' for the ratings) while McClane has definitely evolved in character from the first to the fourth.

But hey, this from what I know about JB's abilities:

DH1: Makes it to the elevator shaft where he plunges to his death after failing to grab the vent opening. I wouldn't say he's physically stronger than McClane.

DH2: Makes it to the runway where his lack of McClane strength causes his head to be crushed as he's struggling with the manhole cover.

DH3: He does well for most of this scenario because the plot is more his syle of operating but I don't see him getting out of the tunnel with all the water battering him, he'd be plucked off the ladder like a fly.

DH4: I'd say doable for this one if, and only if he has some sort of weapon and ammo left for the tunnel/car/helicopter scene. If not the free runners go in and waste him.

Excellent analysis.

Lestov16
Again, you're taking something not impossible and not way-out-there and saying "McClane can't do it", when as a man; an extremely capable one at that, it's within his limits.

His H2H limits were shown on that airplane wing. He got his ass ****ing kicked by a guy Bauer would consider an amatuer.

McClane's not seen taking a shit on screen, are we too assume he can't defecate? Some things are just given considering we have a grounded base.

We do have a base. The fight on the airplane. McClane got ****ing owned. I don't recall Bauer ever getting owned, even when taking on multiple opponents at once

But fine, McClane can't break a man's neck with just his hands, But he wouldn't need to when fighting Bauer, he'd use his size/weight advantage and smash Bauer's head against the nearest wall, or throw him down some stairs, as he has in his films

He actually has to use surfaces because he's too weak to do it himself? LOL

So this "wall run" is just "regular", but it's out of McClane's powers?

You said it was regular. I'm stating how it's not, especially when you've just been tortured to your physical extremes.

He doesn't have horrible H2H, he's just not idiotically fancy. His punches and headbutts get the job down.

Bauer's taken on literally 4 opponents at the same time H2H and beat them all down, a headbutt and one-arm bodyslam included.

LoL at McClane not having durability, that's already been shown to be superhuman.

I'm not saying his durability isn't superhuman, just not on Bauer's level

So McClane can't break a man's neck with "just his hands" cos he's not shown it, but Bauer can launch a car now like McClane did, even though he's not shown it? Does that seem fair and objective to you?

Major difference there. The first a a H2H fight reliant entirely on skill. We saw the limit of McClane's skill when we saw that guy kick his ass, whereas Jack has both performed and taken down much tougher opponents than that guy, which is why it stands to reason that

Bauer>>>Guy who kicked McClane's ass
Bauer>>>>>>McClane

The second scenario is based entirely around the idea that if trapped in such a position, they will notice the resources in their environment to implement a quick escape, and yes, Bauer is very skilled in doing that, which is why I do believe Bauer can launch a car. He's used vehicles as improvised weaponry before

Sadako of Girth
McClane still wins, despite all this surmising to the incredibly hypothetical and increasinglly more ludicrous contrary.

Robtard
^

LoL, dude. You're clearly saying McClane lacks the ability to break another human's neck with his bare-hands cos he hasn't specifically done that exact move, while ignoring McClane's shown capabilities and at times super-human levels of strength.

Then with the same breath, you're claiming Bauer will just be able to launch a car like McClane did, cos he's "used vehicles as weapons before".

You don't see the sheer conflicting nonsense of your stances?

Lestov16
You have not presented any proof, so thus you and Rob go on continuing to stroke McClane's other bald head illogically while us sane people see that Bauer's the obvious winner all day (literally) every day.

Sadako of Girth
Been analyzing logically all the way with you.

And by your logic, all enemies that Bauer fights are special pansies put there to fall at Bauer's whim..

And they arent even big tough Movie badguy pansies either.

Nope. They're TV hero fodder. They were beaten up at school by the the kinds of guys that McClane kills whilst opening his 1st beer of the morning, and had to give their lunch money to Simon Gruber lowest lackey every day of the week.

Lestov16
^

LoL, dude. You're clearly saying McClane lacks the ability to break another human's neck with his bare-hands cos he hasn't specifically done that exact move, while ignoring McClane's shown capabilities and at times super-human levels of strength.

Like I said, the burden of proof is on you. I'm not ignoring what I haven't seen. I had to present you with all the info on Bauer. I'd expect you to show the same curiosity. I went on youtube and hunted down specific videos and stated specific feats. You and Sadako have just been ignorantly stating

"I've been a member of the RideTheOtherMcBaldhead club 4EVERZ! MClane WINZ! YEAHZ!"

Show me some proof and I'll recant. The fact that you refuse to (probably because you can't) just strengthens my argument

Lord Shadow Z
Nope. They're TV hero fodder. They were beaten up at school by the the kinds of guys that McClane kills whilst opening his 1st beer of the morning, and had to give their lunch money to Simon Gruber lowest lackey every day of the week.

laughing out loud

Robtard
Like I said, the burden of proof is on you. I'm not ignoring what I haven't seen. I had to present you with all the info on Bauer. I'd expect you to show the same curiosity. I went on youtube and hunted down specific videos and stated specific feats. You and Sadako have just been ignorantly stating

"I've been a member of the RideTheOtherMcBaldhead club 4EVERZ! MClane WINZ! YEAHZ!"

Show me some proof and I'll recant. The fact that you refuse to (probably because you can't) just strengthens my argument

LoL. I played by your logic above. McClane can't snap a neck with his barehands:

Now show me proof of Bauer launching a car at a armed helicopter in the looney-toon fashion McClane did.

Robtard
dp

Sadako of Girth

Nope. All arguments have been presented here before.
Research the many threads there have been here.
The answers you seek are all there.

"Ignorantly?" Or was it "immmrrhhatryryy" cant tell when you have all that Bauer lunchbox in yer gob. smile

McClane survived all his trials so far, fighting off allcomers from every level of human villain from street thug, through to top military brass (on the big screen), ALIVE. Bauer did not.

smile

Lestov16
Show me proof that it was intentional, because if McClane's universe works off the logic that f-35s flying under falling overpasses count as expert decisions, there's no telling what McClane's intentions were. He could have been going to find his blankey

Sadako of Girth
That fighter pilot was manuevering himself into a better position to gun down his target.

A McClane.

And he had never shot at a McClane before.

Lord Shadow Z

He broke Karl's brother's neck and even if you try to say it was the fall McClane still had his arm wrapped around it with the intention. The fall helped but the intention was there.

Robtard
Show me proof that it was intentional, because if McClane's universe works off the logic that f-35s flying under falling overpasses count as expert decisions, there's no telling what McClane's intentions were. He could have been going to find his blankey

So you're dodging the question? Good tactic. Bauer can't launch cars until you show proof.

Bauer can't get past DH4 then, likely not even DH1 due to his lack of super-human strength and durability with the ledge scene.

Lestov16
Nope. All arguments have been presented here before.
Research the many threads there have been here.
The answers you seek are all there.

Since the strongest person McClane you guys have pitted against McClane would probably get his salad tossed by Bauer, I don't think so.

Like I said, the burden of proof is on you.

Also funny how in some McClane threads, you both sound like insane people arguing in his defense when he would get ****ing mauled

"Ignorantly?" Or was it "immmrrhhatryryy" cant tell when you have all that Bauer lunchbox in yer gob. smile.

What's that? Greatest action hero ever who has single-handedly saved BILLIONS of lives? I'd much rather have him on my lunchbox than sucking on the right testicle of a guy who cries like a ***** to a fat cop who can't see straight after he gets some glass stuck in his foot

McClane survived all his trials so far, fighting off allcomers from every level of human villain from street thug, through to top military brass (on the big screen), ALIVE. Bauer did not. .

Yeah he did. He's alive. And like I said many times before that you and Rob are so afraid of, based on how easy it takes to kick McClane's ass, if Simon decided to torture McClane when he captured him and electrocute him for an hour and a half, McClane would have cried like a ***** for about 30 minutes at the most and died. And that's considering he also didn't survive a plane crash and take out a commando teams
smile

Robtard
-It's now easy to kick McClane's ass? LoL.

-McClane was on the outside of a plane when it crashed and he survived. (DH4) Of note. Normal people do survive plane crashes. It's rare to survive an F-35 trying to kill you though.

-McClane did take out a unit of US Special Forces. (DH2)

McClane's feats are completely off topic though, this thread is about Bauer trying to pass the Diehard, he can't.

Lestov16

McClane was on the outside of a plane when it crashed and he survived.

Because during the process of getting the shit kicked out of him, he fell off the plane because he couldn't handle his opponent, unlike Bauer, who would have snapped that guys neck in two seconds

McClane did take out a unit of US Special Forces.

What do you know? Bauer did too. AFTER being involved in a plane crash (that they shot down). And you know what? It only took him 10 minutes. Not to mention they were ambushing him. How long did it take McClane? Oh...yeah...

Robtard
Because during the process of getting the shit kicked out of him, he fell off the plane because he couldn't handle his opponent, unlike Bauer, who would have snapped that guys neck in two seconds

What do you know? Bauer did too. AFTER being involved in a plane crash (that they shot down). And you know what? It only took him 10 minutes. Not to mention they were ambushing him. How long did it take McClane? Oh...yeah...

So in your mind, Bauer would have run over to the F-35(still in flight) pilot, opened the cockpit and snapped his neck. And you dare imply that Sadako and I are the lunatic fanboys? LoL

Awesome that Bauer did that; I was responding to you insinuating that McClane hadn't taken out an elite military unit. He has.

Lestov16
So you're dodging the question? Good tactic. Bauer can't launch cars until you show proof.

So you're dodging the question of whether McClane can handle an hour and a half of electroshock torture give up the info his captors wanted? After being involved in a plane crash and not (Bauer was on the INSIDE of) and still have the endurance to run up a wall and break a man's neck? Good tactic. Bauer is more durable until you show proof

Speaking of which, Bauer used a car a shield and a transport to drive himself off the first story of a parking garage because he told the FBI to go phuck themselves and they sent HRT Teams after him, and then lured a guy into a trailer, and then used a nearby bulldozer to flip the trailer over.

So if we consider the fact that Bauer, when cornered, improvised, scanned his environment, and realized he could utilize a vehicle as a resource (and in the second case, a weapon), and then placed him in the same circumstances that McClane was in, it can be logically deduced that he would take the same course of action as McClane to use a vehicle as a weapon

Lestov16
So in your mind, Bauer would have run over to the F-35(still in flight) pilot, opened the cockpit and snapped his neck. And you dare imply that Sadako and I are the lunatic fanboys? LoL

What was McClane's plan again? Get trapped and then conveniently fall when the retard pilot inexplicably decides to fly under a falling overpass?

Lord Shadow Z
Bauer would just run up to the plane in his rigid stance, veins popping on his forehead barking 'STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE' over and over again until he has a heart attack.

Lestov16
My apologies. I wasn't aware you guys were talking about the F-35. I still we were still talking about that plane wing fight. The F-35 doesn't need to be mentioned, because McClane had no involvement in taking it down

Sadako of Girth
McClane feels emotion then overcomes it.
Is that another attribute that Jack lacked when he copied off of Mack?
And you started that, so its a suitable finish that it be you who finishes up with heroball sweat upon his chin, sir.

He took out two teams of seals in Die Hard 2, and survived the decimation of two aircraft in Die Hard 2. (3 if you count a miss miss when the London flight crashed nearby) And he destroyed another in DH4.0.
Trains, Planes AND Automobiles failed to total McClane.

All McClane has to do to win against Bauer is to hide under a sheet and be ready to shout "Boo!" whilst jumping suddenly.

Robtard
So you're dodging the question of whether McClane can handle an hour and a half of electroshock torture give up the info his captors wanted? After being involved in a plane crash and not (Bauer was on the INSIDE of) and still have the endurance to run up a wall and break a man's neck? Good tactic. Bauer is more durable until you show proof

Speaking of which, Bauer used a car a shield and a transport to drive himself off the first story of a parking garage because he told the FBI to go phuck themselves, and then lured a guy into a trailer, and then used a nearby bulldozer to flip the trailer over.

So if we consider the fact that Bauer, when cornered, improvised, scanned his environment, and realized he could utilize a vehicle as a resource (and in the second case, a weapon), and then placed him in the same circumstances that McClane was in, it can be logically deduced that he would take the same course of action as McClane to use a vehicle as a weapon

I haven't dodged that. I simply don't know as McClane's never been tortured for 30mins. I do know McClane's not died yet.

Sounds neat, but not crazy like launching a car at an armed heli as McClane did. McClane's also used a car as a shield.

Sorry, you either have to show proof (as McClane can't break a man's neck per your rules) of Bauer launching a car like a missile at a heli or he can't do it, it's a looney-toon-ish feat after all.

Lestov16
All McClane has to do to win against Bauer is to hide under a sheet and be ready to shout "Boo!" whilst jumping suddenly.

Does McClane saying "Boo!" have the power output equivalent to an hour and a half of electroshock torture compounded by a plane crash?

Becuase that's never occurred...in any of McClane's films. Wow. I knew you guys were fanatics, but making up false feats? That's just disgraceful embarrasment

Lestov16
McClane feels emotion then overcomes it.
Is that another attribute that Jack lacked when he copied off of Mack?
And you started that, so its a suitable finish that it be you who finishes up with heroball sweat upon his chin, sir.

So basically I'm right and you are conceding. Thank you smile

How long did it take him to do that?

Sadako of Girth
Yes...I conceed that you have lost.

Hmmmm. 20 secs.

Lestov16
I haven't dodged that. I simply don't know as McClane's never been tortured for 30mins. I do know McClane's not died yet.

Sounds neat, but not crazy like launching a car at an armed heli as McClane did. McClane's also used a car as a shield.

Sorry, you either have to show proof (as McClane can't break a man's neck per your rules) of Bauer launching a car like a missile at a heli or he can't do it, it's a looney-toon-ish feat after all.

Yeah. I mean, he was whining and crying to Sgt. Can't shoot Str8 just because he got some glass in his foot. If he had to undergo even 15 minutes, he would have caved and told his captors everything

No, once again. You trying some superfluous argument that upon close inspection means jack shit.

One scenario (the H2H) just requires that they fight. Who wins that is entirely based on their skill. If McClane's not good enough, he's getting his ass handed to him. End of story

Other scenario ( Car launch) requires that if placed in the exact same circumstances, they can improvise an escape. Who wins that is based on their ingenuity. Based on Bauer's other ingenious feats, it is logical that yes, Bauer could replicate the feat. Unlike the other scenario, you have to use logic

Lestov16
Yes...I conceed that you have lost.

I've only lost when I'm proven wrong, and none of you have done that

Hmmmm. 20 secs.

Killed them an explosion huh? Makes sense. I'm sure he's not nearly as manly as Jack to just take an assault rifle and gun them down one by one

Lestov16
Speaking of which, what are you saying McClane beats Bauer at?

because H2H and gunfight Bauer manhandles him

Robtard
Yeah. I mean, he was whining and crying to Sgt. Can't shoot Str8 just because he got some glass in his foot. If he had to undergo even 15 minutes, he would have caved and told his captors everything

No, once again. You trying some superfluous argument that upon close inspection means jack shit.

One scenario (the H2H) just requires that they fight. Who wins that is entirely based on their skill. If McClane's not good enough, he's getting his ass handed to him. End of story

Other scenario ( Car launch) requires that if placed in the exact same circumstances, they can improvise an escape. Who wins that is based on their ingenuity. Based on Bauer's other ingenious feats, it is logical that yes, Bauer could replicate the feat. Unlike the other scenario, you have to use logic

Awesome; this is ignoring how he's evolved in DH2-4, one mention is shooting through himself to win the day and not "crying", as you seem to think he does. But okay, let's go with McClane dying after 30mins of being tortured, just cos. His captures probably wouldn't be stupid enough to revive him.

No, they're the same. You clearly said McClane could not break a man's neck cos he's not specifically done that, despite his shown capabilities and at times impossibe strength. Now you're saying "Bauer can do anything McClane can do", despite not showing it. Pure bias.

Lord Shadow Z
Speaking of which, what are you saying McClane beats Bauer at?

because H2H and gunfight Bauer manhandles him

Ah, is Jack Bauer better because he's better or because he's lucky no -one can shoot straight when confronting him or just kill him outright instead of resorting to torture (giving him time to get better and escape)?

Lestov16
Awesome; this is ignoring how he's evolved in DH2-4, one mention is shooting through himself to win the day and not "crying", as you seem to think he does. But okay, let's go with McClane dying after 30mins of being tortured, just cos.

Bauer probably would shoot through himself. He's made very intense personal (physical and emotional) sacrifices. That being stated, considering Bauer could probably just disarm him H2H, as he's done with people with guns trained on him before), he probably wouldn't find himself making such an inefficient and painful decision

No, they're the same. You clearly said McClane could not break a man's neck cos he's not specifically done that, despite his shown capabilities and at times impossibe strength. Now you're saying "Bauer can do anything McClane can do", despite not showing it. Pure bias.

I never said McClane can't break a man's neck. I said he can't run up a wall and break a man's neck after being involved in a plane crash, being tortured to his physical limits, and having heart attacks from the torture. Huge difference.

And also, even McClane can, he first has to get an advantage over Jack in the H2H match, and based on the fight scene on the airplane wing, that AINT HAPPENIN

Lestov16
Ah, is Jack Bauer better because he's better or because he's lucky no -one can shoot straight when confronting him or just kill him outright instead of resorting to torture (giving him time to get better and escape)?

So are you saying when Jason Bourne guns down people, he's just lucky? There's a huge difference between being deadly accurate with a gun and getting your ass handed to you until the last possible second, when the plot has to come in to save the day

Robtard
Bauer probably would shoot through himself. He's made very intense personal (physical and emotional) sacrifices. That being stated, considering Bauer could probably just disarm him H2H, as he's done with people with guns trained on him before), he probably wouldn't find himself making such an inefficient and painful decision

I never said McClane can't break a man's neck. I said he can't run up a wall and break a man's neck after being involved in a plane crash, being tortured to his physical limits, and having heart attacks from the torture. Huge difference.

And also, even McClane can, he first has to get an advantage over Jack in the H2H match, and based on the fight scene on the airplane wing, that AINT HAPPENIN

LoL, I love how you rail-road McClane to not being able to do something unless he's specifically and exactly done it, but then go with Bauer being able to do anything, it's like a a No-Limit-Fallacy.

Sadako of Girth
Does McClane saying "Boo!" have the power output equivalent to an hour and a half of electroshock torture compounded by a plane crash?

It doesnt need have that power now, with Bauer's dodgy ticker.

Lestov16
I'm basing it off the fact that in McClane's fight he got the shit beat out of him, whereas in Bauer's fight, at his physically weakest, he did a wall-run neck snap

Bauer>>>Guy who kicks McClane's ass
Bauer>>>McClane

This is kindergarten logic...

Sadako of Girth
Against a dude who who would get mauled against Karl and Targo.

And thats why it fails.

Cause McLogic is the reason that pretzels are why they are, and why their logic system is what it is.

Lestov16
It doesnt need have that power now, with Bauer's dodgy ticker.

Does Bauer have some heart condition I don't know about? WOW. So not only are providing false feats for McClane, but now you are coming up with false weaknesses for Bauer?? For Shame sad ....

Unless you saying that and hour and a half of electroshock torture won't kill you and is completely ineffective on a human heart? Because if so...

laughing laughing laughing

Robtard
I'm basing it off the fact that in McClane's fight he got the shit beat out of him, whereas in Bauer's fight, at his physically weakest, he did a wall-run neck snap

Bauer>>>Guy who kicks McClane's ass
Bauer>>>McClane

This is kindergarten logic...

Agreed, you are using kindergarten logic:

McClane got kicked off a plane wing by Stuart and Bauer apparently never loses a fist fight, ergo Bauer's launching a car like a missile.

Does. Not. Follow. Reason.

Lestov16
Against a dude who who would get mauled against Karl and Targo.

Given Bauer's superhuman strength, stamina, and durability, and proven H2H skills to the point of being able to easily kill a man with his bare hands I'm seeing them all succumb to a neck snap

And thats why it fails.

You failed Kindergarten?

Sadako of Girth
It wouldnt kill McClane.

Not if emerging alive despite repeatedly close proximity to bone pulverizing explosions, resistances to bone shattering falls, gunshots and other injuries blunt trauma or otherwise have been anything so far to go by...

Nothing false about Bauer's heart attacks.

And no, I moved on. But I wish you luck with your upcoming exam! stick out tongue

Well Karl (Even when impersonating someone with a snapped neck whilst hanging there on that chain/noose) and Targo didnt succumb to any neck snappings...

Lord Shadow Z
So are you saying when Jason Bourne guns down people, he's just lucky? There's a huge difference between being deadly accurate with a gun and getting your ass handed to you until the last possible second, when the plot has to come in to save the day

No I'm saying they are both lucky in the sense that they don't get killed in the various gunfights they've been in. If you say the calibre of opposition is amazingly high in the world of Bauer and Bourne why do their enemies continually miss them in gunfights? You mentioned Bauer getting tortured, the fact he wasn't killed outright would be lucky would it not?

You call McClane lucky but ignore it when Bauer escapes 8 seasons worth of gunfights or a trapped torture situation.

Lestov16
Agreed, you are using kindergarten logic:

The fact that you and Sadako can't comprehend this Kindergarten logic is just further proof that you need to stop drinking all that McBallsweat and start using common sense

McClane got kicked off a plane wing by Stuart and Bauer apparently never loses a fist fight, ergo Bauer's launching a car like a missile.

What?

This is not what I stated at all. we are talking about a H2H match and gunfight. How does the McCar Launch (which you STILL haven't proven Bauer can't replicate) have anything to do with that

I love how you are hanging onto that "car launch" feat for dear life. Especially after I "dominated" your "McClane dominates F-35" claims. Hilarious that it's THE ONLY FEAT YOU CAN PRODUCE out of FOUR films that Bauer does not completely outclass McClane in doing even better, and even then, that's just because Bauer never found himself in that particular circumstances

Must.Suck.Whitestuff.From.McBaldhead

fixed

Robtard
The fact that you and Sadako can't comprehend this Kindergarten logic is just further proof that you need to stop drinking all that McBallsweat and start using common sense

What?

This is not what I stated at all. we are talking about a H2H match and gunfight. How does the McCar Launch (which you STILL haven't proven Bauer can't replicate) have anything to do with that

I love how you are hanging onto that "car launch" feat for dear life. Especially after I "dominated" your "McClane dominates F-35" claims. Hilarious that it's THE ONLY FEAT YOU CAN PRODUCE out of FOUR films that Bauer does not completely outclass McClane in doing even better, and even then, that's just because Bauer never found himself in that particular circumstances

fixed

This thread is about Bauer doing a DH gauntet, which I was clearly referring to the whole time, not "McClane Vs Bauer H2H", we have that going in another thread already. So it seems if someone failed basic schooling, it's you.

Bauer clearly couldn't pass this gauntlet. It's not fro me to prove that Bauer couldn't do cartoony-feats thereby passing the films, it's for you to prove he could. Debating 101, that. You're also using the no-limit again.

You seemed fixated with homosexual activities, son. Just an observation, not hating

Lestov16
Not if emerging alive despite repeatedly close proximity to bone pulverizing explosions, resistances to bone shattering falls, gunshots and other injuries blunt trauma or otherwise have been anything so far to go by.

That's all? Blunt force trauma? Jack eats blunt force trauma for breakfast,

and no, by the way, that isn't anything to go by because none of which you stated is equivalent to the power output of an hour and a half of concentrated torture, not to mention McClane usually had to take a moment after to rest and cry in his handkerchief after undergoing it

Nothing false about Bauer's heart attacks.

Nothing false about McClane getting the ****ing crap kicked out of him on the plane

And no, I moved on.

Because you lost the argument. Okay. It makes perfect sense.

Well Karl (Even when impersonating someone with a snapped neck whilst hanging there on that chain/noose) and Targo didnt succumb to any neck snappings...

Because they fought "Crying like a biznitch" John McClane, and not "Rip your throat out with his teeth" Jack Bauer

Sadako of Girth
Hes screwed unless he bought a good zippo.

Lestov16
This thread is about Bauer doing a DH gauntet, which I was clearly referring to the whole time, not "McClane Vs Bauer H2H". So it seems if someone failed basic schooling, it's you.

Bauer clearly couldn't pass this gauntlet. It's not fro me to prove that Bauer couldn't do cartoony-feats thereby passing the film, it's for you to prove he could. Debating 101, that. You're also using the no-limit again.

You seemed fixated with homosexual activities, son. Just an observation, not hating

I apologize for this lapse in logic. I'll admit I got a little carried away. That said...

When was this officially announced. There's nothing to suggest Bauer can't take it, since he's taken on far worse.

And Bauer? What about McClane? Are we just going to forget that he still has to find the Dobson Override in 2 hours or every nuclear reactor in the US will undergo a meltdown? Please do indulge me on how he's going to do this

Appreciate cool

Lestov16
Hes screwed unless he bought a good zippo.

Doesn't need a zippo. He'll use his teeth

Robtard
I apologize for this lapse in logic. I'll admit I got a little carried away. That said...

When was this officially announced. There's nothing to suggest Bauer can't take it, since he's taken on far worse.

And Bauer? What about McClane? Are we just going to forget that he still has to find the Dobson Override in 2 hours or every nuclear reactor in the US will undergo a meltdown? Please do indulge me on how he's going to do this

Appreciate cool

Happens.

Again, Bauer is simply not cartoony enough. Thor's taken out an army of Frost Giants, he's not passing 'Searching for Bobby Fischer' though cos of it, he simply doesn't have the chess feats.

Again, I've not seen 24 so I can't comment of exact plot points and McClane's ability to overcome them, but as noted, McClane's done a lot with little to no back and resources, if he had the CTU, Government Agents and Mercs helping him, who is to say.

Sadako of Girth
That's all? Blunt force trauma? Jack eats blunt force trauma for breakfast,

and no, by the way, that isn't anything to go by because none of which you stated is equivalent to the power output of an hour and a half of concentrated torture, not to mention McClane usually had to take a moment after to rest and cry in his handkerchief after undergoing it

Nothing false about McClane getting the ****ing crap kicked out of him on the plane

Because you lost the argument. Okay. It makes perfect sense.

Because they fought "Crying like a biznitch" John McClane, and not "Rip your throat out with his teeth" Jack Bauer

Maybe eating all those caused the heart weakness then?

False statement. You have no way to determine whether or not McClane jumping out in your total surprise at you under a sheet will or will not fail to yield that energy.

No I left cause all of my teachers were a band of international robbers and masterminds...so naturally when McClane slaughtered them all, I was left with no course to attend. stick out tongue

John McClane simply pumps out tears to allow for more pound for pound kickassness at a cellular, and even sub atomic level.

As DH1 showed...when his feet cry blood, or his eyes bleed steely tears, terrorists die.

Sadako of Girth
Doesn't need a zippo. He'll use his teeth

To kill two teams of fort bragg trained mercs flying away from him on a 747?

Robtard

I think the lad means Bauer could have bitten the Colonel, all the members of both Special Forces teams and the pilot to death; possibly with just one bite.

Lestov16
I think the lad means Bauer could have bitten the Colonel,

To be fair, who hasn't bitten the colonel? stick out tongue

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bf/KFC_logo.svg/220px-KFC_logo.svg.png

He actually allowed it to get to the point that they escaped?! LOL! Bauer would have killed them all before they could have even boarded that plane

Maybe eating all those caused the heart weakness then?

False statement. You have no way to determine whether or not McClane jumping out in your total surprise at you under a sheet will or will not fail to yield that energy.

No I left cause all of my teachers were a band of international robbers and masterminds...so naturally when McClane slaughtered them all, I was left with no course to attend. stick out tongue

John McClane simply pumps out tears to allow for more pound for pound kickassness at a cellular, and even sub atomic level.

As DH1 showed...when his feet cry blood, or his eyes bleed steely tears, terrorists die.

So....All of this post was basically a run of jokes to cover up the fact that you've lost your argument. Good smile

Robtard
Since you brought up Colonel Stuart and McClane losing to him several times now as some basis for claiming Bauer > McClane, I must point out that if you stepped back and looked at the scene with unbiased and none McHating eyes, McClane didn't really lose.

Fact: When McClane and Stuart faced off, McClane had previously gone through several rigorous scenes, while Stuart was fresh.

Fact: Despite Stuart punching/kicking McClane down, McClane tanked it and continued to rise and press forward each time.

Fact: Stuart "won" by using the cheap BFR tactic.

Logic dictates that Stuart resorted to BFR because he realized he couldn't defeat McClane in a fight, he could only beat on him while McClane relentlessly pushed forward. In a scenario where Stuart couldn't resort to BFR tactics, McClane wins due to perseverance. /fact

Lestov16
Since you brought up Colonel Stuart and McClane losing to him several times now as some basis for claiming Bauer > McClane, I must point out that if you stepped back and looked at the scene with unbiased and none McHating eyes, McClane didn't really lose.

Yeah he did. He got his ass kicked off the plane and then luckily noticed that there was a long line of gas leading from it. If there wasn't, McClane would have lost and the film would have been over

Fact: When McClane and Stuart faced off, McClane had previously gone through several rigorous scenes, while Stuart was fresh.

So ****ing what? It's hilarious considering that Bauer went through the exact same thing of facing an opponent who was fresh while he had already been (literally) pushed to his physical limits. Note that rather than getting his ass-kicked, Bauer did a wall-run neck snap

Fact: Stuart is an old ass man, so I'm surprised he's not working at some McDowell's somewhere

Fact: Stuart is not equal to Bauer on any physical level at any point during the film

Fact: Despite Stuart punching/kicking

Because punching and kicking always outdoes a plane crash and torture to your physical limits, doesn't it?

That makes no sense whatsoever

Fact: Stuart "won" by using the cheap BFR tactic.

Bauer would have snapped his neck. No BFR possible

Logic dictates that Stuart resorted to BFR because he realized he couldn't defeat McClane in a fight, he could only beat on him while McClane relentlessly pushed forward.

Logic dictates

Bauer>>>>>>McClane

In a scenario where Stuart couldn't resort to BFR tactics, McClane wins due to perseverance. /fact

McClane can also win against Winnie the Pooh. Doesn't mean Jack shit because Bauer far outclasses Stuart in H2H and endurance

Lestov16
BTW, I love how you say "If McClane wasn't under those circumstances, he would have beat Stuart". As you can see, circumstances have a lot to do with how an event goes down, including a Ford launch

Robtard
Yeah he did. He got his ass kicked off the plane and then luckily noticed that there was a long line of gas leading from it. If there wasn't, McClane would have lost and the film would have been over

So ****ing what? It's hilarious considering that Bauer went through the exact same thing of facing an opponent who was fresh while he had already been (literally) pushed to his physical limits. Note that rather than getting his ass-kicked, Bauer did a wall-run neck snap

Fact: Stuart is an old ass man, so I'm surprised he's not working at some McDowell's somewhere

Fact: Stuart is not equal to Bauer on any physical level at any point during the film

Because punching and kicking always outdoes a plane crash and torture to your physical limits, doesn't it?

That makes no sense whatsoever

Bauer would have snapped his neck. No BFR possible

Logic dictates

Bauer>>>>>>McClane

McClane can also win against Winnie the Pooh. Doesn't mean Jack shit because Bauer far outclasses Stuart in H2H and endurance Your post did nothing to counter the facts I laid forth concerning that scene.

You then went on to rant how Bauer is better when I wasn't discussing Baeur at all, but showing that Stuart beat McClane through BFR in that specific scene.

What basis do you have in declaring that Bauer is better than Stuart at H2H? Stuart clearly has skills.

Fact: Stuart was 40 at the time of Diehard 2.

Fact: Bauer was 35-44 in 24. Yeah "old ass man" is right, lol.

Lestov16
McClane can also win against Winnie the Pooh. Doesn't mean Jack shit because Bauer far outclasses Stuart in H2H and endurance

Sadako of Girth
He actually allowed it to get to the point that they escaped?! LOL! Bauer would have killed them all before they could have even boarded that plane

So....All of this post was basically a run of jokes to cover up the fact that you've lost your argument. Good smile

Only; McClane's employed stratagem allowed for the saving of the flights in the air running on vapour at that time by creatively spawning a makeshift runway for the planes to land by.

Your proposed plan for Bauer = Death for hundreds of people.

So looking at the reality of it: McClane allowed nobody to escape, the bad guys all McDied and the hostages were saved.

I guess its the way I tell 'em..

Robtard

Your post did nothing to counter the facts I laid forth concerning that scene.

You then went on to rant how Bauer is better when I wasn't discussing Baeur at all, but showing that Stuart beat McClane through BFR in that specific scene.

What basis do you have in declaring that Bauer is better than Stuart at H2H? Stuart clearly has skills.

Lestov16
Bauer made a makeshift runway for himself (and 100 or so passengers on the plane with him) when the corrupt POTUS sent a F-35 (NOT piloted by a dumbass) to blow up the plane Jack hijacked to stop him from exposing him. And this only took up an hour of his time

When terrorists seiged the White House and attempted to execute POTUS on national television, Jack alone improvised an escape.

As long as the punchline is clear wink

Robtard
Bauer made a makeshift runway for himself (and 100 or so passengers on the plane with him) when the corrupt POTUS sent a F-35 (NOT piloted by a dumbass) to blow up the plane Jack hijacked to stop him from exposing him. And this only took up an hour of his time

When terrorists seiged the White House and attempted to execute POTUS on national television, Jack alone improvised an escape.

As long as the punchline is clear wink

All this relates to Bauer's supposed impossible to beat and completely flawless H2H how? Did he H2H the runway into shape? Did he H2H the F-35?

Lestov16

http://blog.rufus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/egg-on-face1.jpg

My apologies. For some reason I thought you were talking about Grant. That's why I made the McDowell's reference lol.

Sadako of Girth
Ahhh yes...the McBreakfast.

But the issue here is the Die Hard Gauntlet.

Its about the situations in the Die Hard movies.

And Ive already listed why Jack fails there, and thank you for the added, new way in which he fails, which I did not previously account for.

If you can think of a third way for him to fail, to amuse us further, I wait with open ears.

Robtard
http://blog.rufus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/egg-on-face1.jpg

My apologies. For some reason I thought you were talking about Grant. That's why I made the McDowell's reference lol.

Eggs.

Sadako of Girth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huMZMqEWmtE stick out tongue

Lestov16
All this relates to Bauer's supposed impossible to beat and completely flawless H2H how? Did he H2H the runway into shape? Did he H2H the F-35?

Jack killed the most people in a single hour in "Day 6: 5:00am-6:00am" (13)

how many mercenaries were there?

Sadako of Girth
McClane killed that amount in under 20 seconds in DieHard 2.
All highly trained corpses.

Robtard
Jack killed the most people in a single hour in "Day 6: 5:00am-6:00am" (13)

how many mercenaries were there?

McClane killed 23 people total in DH2.

Riot-Gear
Plus McClane once took out a chopper by shooting a wire. (A Wire!!) from range in order to take the chopper out in a clever manner.

Its worth noting that McClane didn't shoot the wire itself, rather he shot the junction/breaker box it was attached to which dislodged the wire.

So the cleverness of it remains. Even if the skill needed to do so and the exact manner in which it was done are not as you described.

Sadako of Girth
Fair play. But still pretty impressive, especially at that range.

Lestov16
McClane killed 23 people total in DH2.

I think Jack killed 50 people that day so.....not impressive in the least

Sadako of Girth
Did Bauer break double figures in less than 10 seconds?

Lestov16
Did McClane use an explosion, because if so, that doesn't mean jack shit.

Riot-Gear
Fair play. But still pretty impressive, especially at that range.

Oh yeah. That target size and range, with a snub nose revolver. Is an impressive shot and more to the point here. Said shot is an ingenious solution to facing a helicopter with a revolver.

Robtard
Did McClane use an explosion, because if so, that doesn't mean jack shit.

I do like how you arbitrarily declare what should or shouldn't count as a kill.

In that case, I'm going to declare that the only kills that now count are kills done by a flying car into a helicopter. McClane 1 Bauer 0.

Bauer still can't pass the DH Gauntlet.

Lestov16
It counts as a kill, just not an impressive one and one Bauer couldn't easily pull off

Lestov16
Bauer takes on entire terrorist compounds filled with automatic weapons with a handgun. McClane had to cowardly use an elevator to send down explosives

Sadako of Girth
...to make a point that saved the ground level swat guys.
(Resulting on further McWin)
Nakatomi was one big terrorist compound....and McClane was armed with one 9mm Beretta. This of course meant death for Hans and his men.

And when he smote them, he did it as selflessly as the time when he took on the intercept force in the bottleneck who had taken out the airport security forces, and when he risked his ass to try avert the crashing of the london flight, and the plethora of other displays of McHeroism throughout his movies.

Sadako of Girth
I do like how you arbitrarily declare what should or shouldn't count as a kill.

In that case, I'm going to declare that the only kills that now count are kills done by a flying car into a helicopter. McClane 1 Bauer 0.

Bauer still can't pass the DH Gauntlet.

He'd be lucky to make it past Run DMC.

Lestov16
Yeah, because it's not like Bauer has sacrificed himself many times, including allowing his archnemesis to murder him without repercussion just because the president said she would get immunity if she gave up info about the nuke

Also, how skilled were those mercs? Because Jack single-handedly slaughtered a black ops team that reported directly to the head of the NSA in about 15 minutes WITHOUT GETTING SHOT TWICE, AFTER a plane crash

Sadako of Girth
Hey you assessed Mcclane as a coward for his clever use of the terrorists' own toys against them.

McClane would have likely done that (to decent, tough movie versions, not TV grade lackeys) and simply quipped something about needing *insert figure* more ops guys, and gone on in search of asprin.

Lestov16
BTW, Jack's faced far worse than Colonel Stuarts plot. On Day 7, a genocidal African warlord and his mercs were threatening to destroy the infrastructure of the US. 10 hours later, Bauer had the device, the head guy in custody, and everybody else was dead. And 16,000 DID NOT die horribly from pesticide poisoning, which Bauer only found out about an hour prior

Robtard
It counts as a kill, just not an impressive one and one Bauer couldn't easily pull off

LoL, someone killing 15 Special Forces guy with a single stroke of his thumb isn't impressive. LoL. I LoL'd.

And no, Bauer couldn't by your own admission, he's retardedly reckless as you have implied he would have killed Stuart H2H (just cos) and then charged inside plane, which would have resulted in 15 (or so) guys stomping him. So Bauer clearly can't get past DH2.

Lestov16
But he did. Because he did. Are you saying he doesn't take out large groups of commandos/mercs/terrorists on an hourly basis? Do you have proof?

Robtard
But he did. Because he did. Are you saying he doesn't take out large groups of commandos/mercs/terrorists on an hourly basis? Do you have proof?

Please show proof of Bauer being able to take out a group of armed Special Forces guys in the confines of a plane with just his hands. Go.

Lestov16
Who ever said he was using just his hands? Unlike McClane, Jack can actually take on large groups of armed hostiles in a gunfight and NOT get shot twice

Sadako of Girth
So can McClane, evidently.

Which single movie did McClane get shot twice in, by your reckoning?

Lestov16
I'm sorry. Name the Season of 24 in which Jack's been shot ONCE

And no he can't, given he had to use explosives

Robtard
Who ever said he was using just his hands? Unlike McClane, Jack can actually take on large groups of armed hostiles in a gunfight and NOT get shot twice

In that scenario, he'd not have a gun.

You also have claimed that he would have defeated Stuart H2H and "broken the pilot's neck", so you clearly accepted that Bauer could handle that scene sans a gun like McClane did. He couldn't he have died and failed the DH2 test.

Shot twice? He was shot twice in DH4, but once was buy his own hands and for the purpose of winning the day. That takes balls, balls Bauer dreams he had.

Sadako of Girth
Well hes a pussy who cant take his lead. stick out tongue

He preferred to use Hans' own explosives against him in a situation where doing so was simply the most expedient way in which to save lives. Three fold:

1) By saving the SWAT guys Hans' guys were assaulting, by taking out the guys doing the assaulting with the RPGs..

2) By making sure that Hans had less C4 with which to hurt the innocent with

3) By making sure that as he assessed that Hans had enough to orbit Arnold Schwarzenegger, he also ensured the making of T2 and many other movies by ensuring that that did not happen.

Lestov16
So if McClane won that fight against Stuart, what would have happened? Or, like I'm thinking, was him losing that fight just the plot gods having to come in and rescue him

Robtard
So if McClane won that fight against Stuart, what would have happened? Or, like I'm thinking, was him losing that fight just the plot gods having to come in and rescue him

You mean what if Stuart didn't BFR McClane, as the fight wasn't finished, McClane was still getting up.

The same outcome, he's not stupid enough to charge inside a plane filled with armed Special Forces guys and try and H2H them.That's something idiotic Bauer would attempt, apparently.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah...Robtards right. He'd likely have dived off and got his zippo out.

Only way to create a runway was out of the lit kerosene, and the burning wreck of the badguys, and their various parts.

Lestov16
You mean what if Stuart didn't BFR McClane, as the fight wasn't finished, McClane was still getting up.

The same outcome, he's not stupid enough to charge inside a plane filled with armed Special Forces guys and try and H2H them.That's something idiotic Bauer would attempt, apparently.

Buaer would have shot them all before they boarded. He has feats that prove this.

you say McClane can do the same thing? He can take out terrorist compounds using only a handgun and not get shot? Really? Can I see this proof, which you fail to represent

Placidity
Oh gosh...

This is what I anticipated. Even after pointing out how stupid it is for people who haven't watched the show to make judgement on this thread, it happened anyway, and I knew it would be those few people too. 7 Pages of uninformed baloney.

Robtard
Buaer would have shot them all before they boarded. He has feats that prove this.

you say McClane can do the same thing? He can take out terrorist compounds using only a handgun and not get shot? Really? Can I see this proof, which you fail to represent

That's basically your reply to everything: Bauer would have shot them. I find that hard to see if he doesn't have a gun. Bauer fails DH2 too. /period

When did I say that? But considering his insane luck and resourcefulness and the apparent idiocy of Bauer's adversaries. It's probably possible, but more so cos of the weak adversaries than McClane's awesomeness.

Sadako of Girth
He took out the terrorist infested NY in Die Hard 3 without getting shot once.
He did took out four hitman in an elevator, using one of their own guns to take out the other three.
He also wasn't shot in Die Hard 2, where he killed bad guy after bad guy, many of them all at once, saving the hostages. smile

Lestov16
Oh gosh...

This is what I anticipated. Even after pointing out how stupid it is for people who haven't watched the show to make judgement on this thread, it happened anyway, and I knew it would be those few people too. 7 Pages of uninformed baloney.

I don't mind. Quite honestly, I'm just humoring them because Robtard is reminding of RJ with his illogical bias towards characters he has some sort of sexual attraction to against a character whom they are hopelessly outclassed,, and I kind of miss RJ, so this is a good subsititue

Robtard
I don't mind. Quite honestly, I'm just humoring them because Robtard is reminding of RJ with his illogical bias towards characters he has some sort of sexual attraction to against a character whom they are hopelessly outclassed,, and I kind of miss RJ, so this is a good subsititue

You're clearly just as biased towards Bauer as I am McClane; possibly more since Bauer is now launching cars and H2Hing F-35s. So hello, Mr. Pot.

I get the impression you want me to have a homosexual attraction to McClane, does this fantasy do something for you?

Lestov16
The difference being that I can actually back Bauer's feats against McClane. The facts I'm bringing to the table are real and documented.

You haven't shown anything McClane has done (including the Ford launch) that Jack couldn't have easily replicated or done even better provided he was placed in the same circumstances

Robtard
The difference being that I can actually back Bauer's feats against McClane. The facts I'm bringing to the table are real and documented.

You haven't shown anything McClane has done (including the Ford launch) that Jack couldn't have easily replicated or done even better provided he was placed in the same circumstances

You can down-play McClane.

See what I mean, "Bauer can do anything McClane can do, only better."

Lestov16
Because (short of the car-launch, because he's never found himself in those circumstances) Bauer HAS done everything McClane can do AND done it better. Name me some stuff McClane has done that Bauer can't replicate if he was placed in the same circumstances.

See, Bauer withstood 20 months straight of torture without saying a single word out of sheer willpower and then on the day he came back killed 50 people. See, McClane doesn't have feats on this level, so it's not something that McClane can replicate

Matter of fact, there's no proof that he can even achieve that level of durability at all. See. This is what I mean. I can back Bauer in this fight, whether or not I was a fan, because his feats are documented. It's not a question of whether Bauer outclasses him, it's a certainty

Lestov16
But since I have such a bias, tell me, what are some of these feats that McClane has? You have yet to present them.

Big mouth for a small bite, I guess.....

And you still haven't answered how McClane lasts even an hour into Habib Marwan's terrorist plot

Robtard
That car-launch was pretty much impossible, in non whacky-super-cop-action-hero-land that car would have smashed into the tollbooth; possibly through it and that would have been that.

Illogical conclusion. Bauer withstood torture and killed people, ergo he can launch a car and defy reality.

Matter of fact, McClane has since he's lives in loony-toon-action-land.

Lestov16
So Bauer can't replicate it because he lives in a different universe?

Is that seriously the best you can come up with?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>