Chewbacca vs. Marv

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Chewie (from Episodes III, IV, V, and VI) against Marv (from Sin City).

Fight takes place at the mall from the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead. Chewie and Marv start at opposite ends of the mall. It's a hide-and-seek scenario.

Combatants are allowed to utilize makeshift weapons from stores and stands.

Chewie has his bowcaster and a Gaffi stick.

Marv has Gladys, his hand gun, and the two hatchets like the one he used to kill Kevin with.

1) Find and kill one another. Anything goes.

2) Meet at the food court and face off directly hand to hand to the death.

Who wins?

the ninjak
1. Marv uses his environment to eventually kill Chewy.

2. Chewy brakes his hands and proceeds to break the rest.

juggerman
Id say Chewy has the advantage in the hide-and-seek

the ninjak
Originally posted by juggerman
Id say Chewy has the advantage in the hide-and-seek

Really? Even though the Mall would be a goldmine of resources for Marv to create traps.

Impediment
Chewie could improvise, too, you know.

juggerman
I forgot it was a mall but still yeah cuz id say being a pilot Chewy is smarter than Marv.

Marv might have it in a close quarters fight tho but not h2h

the ninjak
Originally posted by Impediment
Chewie could improvise, too, you know.

Yeah but Marv has homefield advantage. He knows the stores, the language.
The potential to get what he needs. It's America he would just run to the arms goods store and stock up on guns and ammunition then hit the DIY stores and stock up on goods to make some decent traps. The guy was an experienced killer.

A mall would be .......well, a mall of death dealing devices to him. Chewy would just prowl the hallways searching for his kill. Marv would just prepare for easy prey.

Impediment
I dunno, man. Wookies might not be as tech savvy as Marv is, but I wouldn't put it past Chewie to improvise. Wookies are a warrior race, after all. Also, I bet that Chewie could use his Wookie nose and other senses to his advantage.

KingD19
Wookiee's are plenty tech savvy, especially Chewie.

He routinely performed repairs on the Falcon; fixed up C-3P0. Hell, the Bowcaster is a wookiee invention and Chewie being with Han would be familiar enough with slug throwers(star wars version of normal guns) that he'd be able to find and use weapons from the gun store too.

Chewie's also from Kashyyyk. Wookiee's get around by stalking and climbing trees.

Also, Standard Galactic Basic is English, and Chewie can read and understand it just fine.

Impediment
Originally posted by KingD19

He routinely performed repairs on the Falcon; fixed up C-3P0. Hell, the Bowcaster is a wookiee invention and Chewie being with Han would be familiar enough with slug throwers(star wars version of normal guns) that he'd be able to find and use weapons from the gun store too.

Chewie's also from Kashyyyk. Wookiee's get around by stalking and climbing trees.

Also, Standard Galactic Basic is English, and Chewie can read and understand it just fine.

Agreed.

What I meant to say was that Chewie might recognize potential weapons from a 21st century modern shopping mall as easily as Marv could. I dunno.

KingD19
He definitely would; mainly guns though. Because like I said, slug throwers are the Star Wars equivalent of guns. They have similar enough designs and ways of use that Chewie could easily pick them up and use them.

the ninjak

- So's Marv.

- He wouldn't know where the gun store is so easily, nor how to use them/ load them. Nor the goods in markets that would supply easy traps.

- Such a feat has never been shown on film. Anyways the mall in DotD was pretty limited in areas. It was'nt a hugely open arena. It was limited to floors.

- Earth English never existed in Star Wars....did it? I never saw it so Chewy wouldn't know how to read it.

Originally posted by the ninjak
1. Marv uses his environment to eventually kill Chewy.

2. Chewy brakes his hands and proceeds to break the rest.

Impediment
I'm going to go with Chewbacca as the victor.

KingD19
- So's Marv.

- He wouldn't know where the gun store is so easily, nor how to use them/ load them. Nor the goods in markets that would supply easy traps.

- Such a feat has never been shown on film. Anyways the mall in DotD was pretty limited in areas. It was'nt a hugely open arena. It was limited to floors.

- Earth English never existed in Star Wars....did it? I never saw it so Chewy wouldn't know how to read it.

If he found the gun store, he'd know how to load and use them as blaster rifles also function similarly to guns. You get an energy pack(magazine), pop it in, and fire. He'd fiddle with it for a few seconds, probably fire off a stray round if he's unlucky, but he could use them.

And they all spoke Earth English, but I just looked it up and it said Basic was written in Aurabesh, which is basic latin, which English was based off of. He could read them just fine.

the ninjak
He definitely would; mainly guns though. Because like I said, slug throwers are the Star Wars equivalent of guns. They have similar enough designs and ways of use that Chewie could easily pick them up and use them.

You mean crossbows. Good on him. Marv has access to many projectile weapons far more advanced. The sportsgoods store will net him a hunting rifle. Wallmart....chlorine, sugar and bottles to make bombs.

Chewy ain't gonna make this with a crossbow and mythical treeclimbing skills.

I'm going to go with Chewbacca as the victor.

Not Round One.

KingD19
You mean crossbows. Good on him. Marv has access to many projectile weapons far more advanced. The sportsgoods store will net him a hunting rifle. Wallmart....chlorine, sugar and bottles to make bombs.

Chewy ain't gonna make this with a crossbow and mythical treeclimbing skills.

Not Round One.

Chewie knows how to use more than a Bowcaster, which is infinitely more complicated than a normal crossbow, as it's a blaster rifle that shoots energy globules.

He can use rifles just fine.

the ninjak
If he found the gun store, he'd know how to load and use them as blaster rifles also function similarly to guns. You get an energy pack(magazine), pop it in, and fire. He'd fiddle with it for a few seconds, probably fire off a stray round if he's unlucky, but he could use them.

And they all spoke Earth English, but I just looked it up and it said Basic was written in Aurabesh, which is basic latin, which English was based off of. He could read them just fine.

Chewy wouldn't know what rounds to put in a particular gun. A gun store would be a puzzle.

Speaking English was just a translation for viewers to comprehend. And basic Latin don't mean nothing.....as absurd as the point is. Star Wars was based in a place long ago ....in a place far far away. They don't know freakn Latin.

KingD19
But it's said by Lucas and the others that Basic is spoken English.

And the basic latin alphabet(aurabesh) is similar enough to English(since it's based off of aurabesh), that Chewie can read English.

How do you not get that?

the ninjak
But it's said by Lucas and the others that Basic is spoken English.

And the basic latin alphabet(aurabesh) is similar enough to English(since it's based off of aurabesh), that Chewie can read English.

How do you not get that?

Ummmmm.....Fictional SciFi characters speaking english doesn't mean reading english.

And if you can show me instances where in the films Latin, English or as you call it Aurabesh is shown written I'll be marginally happy with your point. And how didn't I get that? Cmon the Star Wars Universe is meant to exist long before humans on Earth even invented the language.

I'm a fair guy I just want proof. I get everything you assume.

Impediment
A bowcaster is just a blaster shaped like a crossbow.

The plasma fires more slowly than a bullet, but is still very effective.

the ninjak
A bowcaster is just a blaster shaped like a crossbow.

The plasma fires more slowly than a bullet, but is still very effective.

Chewie wandering aimlessly throughout a mall vs a guy who already has the tools he needs. Namely a rifle. Is gonna kill Chewie faster than he can shoot a plasma projectile. No matter how energy based the projectile is.

Homefield advantage.

And in regards to the language barrier.
Chewie ain't reading nothing.
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/676px-Star-Wars-aurek-besh-alphabet-chartsvg.png

Impediment
Chewie wandering aimlessly throughout a mall vs a guy who already has the tools he needs. Namely a rifle. Is gonna kill Chewie faster than he can shoot a plasma projectile. No matter how energy based the projectile is.

Homefield advantage.

What home field advantage? Marv is a borderline psychopath who hangs out in strip joints, not suburbanite shopping malls. Also, Marv doesn't have a rifle, he has a pistol that he calls Gladys.

I don't think that you're giving Chewie due credit. The Wookie is a tech savvy individual with hunter/warrior instincts as well as superior senses as seen in ROTJ when he falls prey to the meat trap set by the Ewoks.

Regardless of being able to read English or not, I think that Chewbacca could visually look at a spear/bat/baton/knife/etc and have the cunning to rig it to his advantage.

the ninjak
What home field advantage? Marv is a borderline psychopath who hangs out in strip joints, not suburbanite shopping malls. Also, Marv doesn't have a rifle, he has a pistol that he calls Gladys.

I don't think that you're giving Chewie due credit. The Wookie is a tech savvy individual with hunter/warrior instincts as well as superior senses as seen in ROTJ when he falls prey to the meat trap set by the Ewoks.

Regardless of being able to read English or not, I think that Chewbacca could visually look at a spear/bat/baton/knife/etc and have the cunning to rig it to his advantage.

The homefield advantage would allow Marv to navigate the mall and locate the stores necessary to stock himself with the tools necessary to eliminate the alien with ease.

Marv showed in Sin City prep ability to take down professional killers when he put his heart to it. And a hunting rifle in a general goods store with a scope would give him the advantage he needs to have a range advantage.

Spears/batons/knives ect won't hold up against a professional down and out killer like Marv. And Earth weapons >>> Star Wars weapons when it comes to efficiency. Especially when the enemies' protection is fur.

Impediment
And Earth weapons >>> Star Wars weapons when it comes to efficiency. Especially when the enemies' protection is fur.

Just how are Earth weapons superior to sci-fi weapons like Star Wars'?

Marv's protection is skin and clothes. Same difference.

Again, what home field advantage? If Marv knows that a more than 7 foot tall Wookie is stalking him with a laser, then he would probably be hiding instead of running aimlessly around trying to throw together a grab bag of weapons.

the ninjak
Just how are Earth weapons superior to sci-fi weapons like Star Wars'?

Marv's protection is skin and clothes. Same difference.

Again, what home field advantage? If Marv knows that a more than 7 foot tall Wookie is stalking him with a laser, then he would probably be hiding instead of running aimlessly around trying to throw together a grab bag of weapons.

A projectile plasma crossbow used by an 8 ft tall hairy beast isn't a match for an experienced killer who nets a scoped rifle in the local sportsgoods store.

I'm not arguing durability. Just potential of obtaining muderous weapons.

Home Field Advantage. A huge neanderthal is stalking you shooting from a plasma crossbow. And Marv ducks and weaves throughout the mall looking for a store that stocks guns. He knows the language. He knows the general layout of a mall. He knows which stores would stock such weaponry. And he knows the general idea of fire escapes and knows how to wait and stalk his prey. Chewie is the stranger in this environment.

Chewie easily wins Round 2 but not Round 1.

Impediment
I was trying to figure out just how fast the plasma from a blaster travels.

Does anyone have an idea? I'm sure that DDM may know since he's so smart and scrumptious. eyes

Impediment
Just saw the new Force Awakens trailer.

Bumping because of reasons.

Shey Tapani
So old EU Chewbacca does not count?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.