Space Pirates (Metroud) v.s Spartans (Halo + MC)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

prestogiant02
All of the Types of Space pirates and the Spartans + MC will be having any human weapon plus any of the power's from Halo Reach. The battle will take place on Planet Halo: Installation 05 (HALO 2)

Nemesis X
facepalm

The Scenario
The SPARTANS don't exactly have numbers on their side, here. There are a lot of Space Pirates, and there are quite a few Pirates that SPARTANS don't have much hope against.

prestogiant02
btw, sorry I ment Space Pirates (Metroid)not (Metroud) wink

XanatosForever
This seems like the basic premise of Halo, only sans Covenant, with the worse prospect that Space Pirates don't have readily available weaponry for the Spartans to try and add to their arsenal. They're severely outmatched, I think.

RE: Blaxican
Spartans murder them all.

Acrosurge
Yeah. No. The Space Pirates overwhelm the Spartans in numbers, durability, firepower, and most in speed, strength, stealth, and versatility. The Spartans are outmatched here by a long shot. They'd have a hard time bringing Meta Ridley down, let alone the rest of the tech-horde they'd be facing here.

Ridley_Prime
I didn't think Ridley was a factor here based on the context; just all regular Space Pirates, which I could see Spartans pretty much handling, except like the Phazon-happy ones, and while Armor Lock could temporarily protect them from Phazon spamming, it would just be delaying the inevitable like it does with the noobs who use it in Reach multiplayer.

edit: Oh yeah, some like the Shadow Pirates who can go invisible without the proper visors could be a problem too.

Ridley_Prime
Scratch that last sentence actually. Forgot to take the invisible Elites that Spartans have to deal with into account when I typed that, lol...

bigboss20
well dont the space pirates get mother brain? well good luck with the metroids, do the spartans have freeze weapons or morph ball bombs? didnt think so! and master chief gets butt pwnd by ridley!!!! halo sucks! metrod has a much better story and sound track!

Darth Truculent
Spartans are trained to be able to use ANY weapon in the field. HUD in their helmets, faster than human reflexes and other augmentations. Has Space Pirates fought the Flood? Nope. Spartans having been fighting the Covenant for close to 20 years and SP have not been in combat with a standing military for their long.

The Scenario
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Spartans are trained to be able to use ANY weapon in the field. HUD in their helmets, faster than human reflexes and other augmentations.

Unarmored Pirate Militia can stand toe-to-toe with Power Armored soldiers. Average Pirates can jump 15-20 feet easily, they're strong enough to throw armored troopers the same distance, and the basic Zebesian weapon causes explosions comparable to RPGs. That's pretty common to all of them; more advanced units come equipped with energy shields, personal teleportation systems, and EMP grenades. That's not counting Elites, Berserkers, or Phazon enhanced Pirates.

Have the SPARTANS fought the Flood? I admit my Halo lore is bit lacking, but as I recall Master Chief was one the only SPARTANS left before the Flood were even discovered. IIRC, the Human-Covenant War pretty much wiped out the SPARTANS before the first game even started. Not the best track record to my knowledge, and they had the whole of the UNSC backing them up there.

The Space Pirates have been fighting the Galactic Federation pretty much since the latter existed. Which is years before Samus was born, so it's easily been longer than 20 years. Actually, by some estimates it's even been as long as 70 years, though it's hard to say because Metroid is vague about such things.

So basically, this match just like the Human-Covenant War except that the SPARTANS don't have any support from the UNSC, and the force they're fighting would beat the Covenant.

Tzeentch._
I would say that the most significant factor for the Spartans winning in this scenario is that they're superior the Space Pirates in every way.

General Kaliero
I fail to see how. The Space Pirates beat the Covenant in every area except religious zealotry, and there are no schisms in the command line. Add in Science Team's skill at genetic manipulation and quick turnaround for reverse-engineering, and the Space Pirates fighting as a unified force would sweep the Spartans away.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.