Genis-Vell vs Superboy Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/5922/200665-159410-genis-vell_super.JPG

vs.

http://dreamers.com/dcsecretfiles/superboyprime.jpg

Mindset
Genis drains his energy and blasts him with red sun radiation.

Then he shits on his chest.

CosmicComet
Ew

red sabre
Originally posted by Mindset

care to back up your statement with feats? either provide scans of Genis Vell taking a shit on panel or stop making him new powers

Board Walker
Red solar energy does nothing to superboy prime, it is the lack of yellow sunlight that weakens him.

"Id"
Originally posted by red sabre
care to back up your statement with feats? either provide scans of Genis Vell taking a shit on panel or stop making him new powers

I agree.

On panel Genis has never taken a shit on some chest.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Mindset

Sin is starting to get to you man...fight it

quanchi112
Originally posted by Board Walker
Red solar energy does nothing to superboy prime, it is the lack of yellow sunlight that weakens him. You really have no idea who Prime even is.

Zack Fair
Red solar energy does nothing to superboy prime, it is the lack of yellow sunlight that weakens him. http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/bubbles_545.gif

TheGodKiller
Which version of Genis ?

Mindset
Red solar energy does nothing to superboy prime, it is the lack of yellow sunlight that weakens him. Yea, that's why him flying through the red sun didn't drain his powers.

Or why the GL's didn't keep him under red solar radiation to weaken him.

Good point.

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

NemeBro
Red solar energy does nothing to superboy prime, it is the lack of yellow sunlight that weakens him. So where does this perception of Prime come from?

Because the wiki of the character says this, and many people believe it, but never have I read a comic where this is ever said.

Is it just bullshit pulled from nothing?

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
So where does this perception of Prime come from?

Because the wiki of the character says this, and many people believe it, but never have I read a comic where this is ever said.

Is it just bullshit pulled from nothing? Board walker is known to not read comics but he still shows up every two years thinking we forgot who he was.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
Board walker is known to not read comics but he still shows up every two years thinking we forgot who he was. Originally posted by JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

ares834

Yep.

Board Walker
So where does this perception of Prime come from?

Red Solar energy has never harmed SBP in the way it does normal Superman.

When they flew through the red sun, it depowered both of the other supermen, however it did not "harm" Superboy prime what so ever. It however did weaken/poison the other two supermen, the lack of yellowsunlight is what caused SBP's loss of powers but the red solar energy in no way was poisoning him, it was only blocking the yellow sunlight.

Furthermore Superboy prime does not function the same way normal superman does, normal superman generally can go without yellow sunlight for long amounts of times and retain his powers. However superboyprime without a source of yellow sunlight quickly loses his super powers.

Additionally it also works the other way around, when superboy prime is exposed to even a single ray of yellow sunlight, touching but an inch of his skin he immediately becomes fully charged. However with normal superman it takes some time for his cells to charge with yellow sunlight.

So yes there are vast differences between normal superman and superboy prime, in well...everything.

NemeBro
Prove this please.

Board Walker
Prove this please.

Have you read the comics SBP was in? I don't have scans, but I can direct you where to look.

When the two older supermen flew through the red sun with superboy prime it destroyed his suit which was feeding him solar energy. Upon landing on the planet, both older supermen instantly began to become weakened.

However Superboy prime in no way was weakened, however he did begin to lose his super powers, but no in no way was being harmed. After superman (main universe) beat down superboy prime (powerless), he fell to the ground this was due to the red sun poisoning.

superboy prime post of the fight was incarcerated right next to a run sun, it in no way was harming him. However it was there to block the yellow sun light so he wouldnt gain any powers.

When Superboy prime returned to earth as the herald of the anti monitor, he fought the majority of earth's heroes in a brawl, upon which ended on the bridge at the break of dawn. In this panel SBP has one finger extended out of the mass of bodies on him, as dawn breaks a single ray of light hits the tip of his finger and he instantly full power. To the point where he easily breaks the entire force that was fighting him.

abhilegend
Red sun energy weakens prime but he only needs a small amount of yellow sunlight to get back on full power.

Mindset

When the two older supermen flew through the red sun with superboy prime it destroyed his suit which was feeding him solar energy. Upon landing on the planet, both older supermen instantly began to become weakened.
You seem to be forgetting all the kryptonite.

NemeBro
Have you read the comics SBP was in? I don't have scans, but I can direct you where to look.

I am familiar with Superboy Prime's showings in comics. I'm doubting you are.

A Red Sun and Kryptonite tend to do that.

The two bolded statements contradict eachother.

Also, Kryptonite. There was a lot of it. That was what poisoned Kal-El. If you notice, Kal-L showed no signs of being poisoned, just depowered. This is due to New Earth Kryptonite not harming him. Like Prime.

You are aware that a basic GL construct could "block" yellow sunlight, right? The Red Sun was there to weaken him.

Or: Superboy Prime is just really, really powerful to the extent that even a smidgen of sunlight is enough to power him sufficiently to dominate heroes.

These inferences, while interesting in concept, are not sufficiently backed by the comics to be spouted as fact, and are actually contradictory to a few elements seen on-panel.

h1a8
Prime at his best wins this.

red sabre

When they flew through the red sun, it depowered both of the other supermen, however it did not "harm" Superboy prime what so ever. It however did weaken/poison the other two supermen, the lack of yellowsunlight is what caused SBP's loss of powers but the red solar energy in no way was poisoning him, it was only blocking the yellow sunlight.

Furthermore Superboy prime does not function the same way normal superman does, normal superman generally can go without yellow sunlight for long amounts of times and retain his powers. However superboyprime without a source of yellow sunlight quickly loses his super powers.

Additionally it also works the other way around, when superboy prime is exposed to even a single ray of yellow sunlight, touching but an inch of his skin he immediately becomes fully charged. However with normal superman it takes some time for his cells to charge with yellow sunlight.

So yes there are vast differences between normal superman and superboy prime, in well...everything.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/7/2009/07/custom_1247589563126_fatkid3.jpg

this kid disagrees

Zack Fair
The reason Superboy Prime suffers from the "lack of solar rays weakness" is because the flashes dumped him in a dimension with a red sun. He had to build an armor to asborb yellow energy in order to escape.

red sabre
are people really need to explain this fool red sunlight harms prime? just send him to read some comics.

Board Walker
I'm just saying in the old comics, superman states on panel that prime is immune to red sun radiation.

While even when the two supermen knocked prime through the red sun, it didn't harm prime or the older superman at all. Red sunlight doesn't rob superman merely of his power, it begins to poison him and can kill him.

However superboy prime shows no adverse effect from the kyrptonite (immunity) or the red sunlight that was all around him.

Additionally if SBP was weak to red sunlight like normal superman, he would of been dead while being imprisoned near the red sun giant. Rather all it did was keep him from charging his super powers

MF DELPH
Wait, I thought Kryptonite was fatal to Kryptonians, as well as depowering them, whereas red sunlight simply depowers them/cancels out effects of yellow sunlight. Since when is red sunlight poisonous?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Wait, I thought Kryptonite was fatal to Kryptonians, as well as depowering them, whereas red sunlight simply depowers them/cancels out effects of yellow sunlight. Since when is red sunlight poisonous? thumb up If red sun light killed Kryptonians there would have been no krypton.

Also Prime was retconned to have the red sun radiation weakness as the rest of Kryptonians for Infinite Crisis. That turned out to be the plot device to defeat him twice.

OneDumbG0
Additionally if SBP was weak to red sunlight like normal superman, he would of been dead while being imprisoned near the red sun giant. Rather all it did was keep him from charging his super powers SBP was being protected by Green Lantern shields. And the way you described how red sun radiation keeps him from charging his super powers is pretty much what it does to Superman as well in recent portrayals.

Mindset
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Wait, I thought Kryptonite was fatal to Kryptonians, as well as depowering them, whereas red sunlight simply depowers them/cancels out effects of yellow sunlight. Since when is red sunlight poisonous? Since BW said so in this thread.

Bentley
Prime hits Genis hard. As a consequence, Thanos is retconned.

MF DELPH
I'm fairly certain that Genis's skill with the Nega Bands is enough to beat SBP for a majority.

TheMask
Cant Genis just use red sun energy?

Mindset
Yes.

CosmicComet
How high does the swag meter read on Genis?

DarkSaint85
the red solar energy in no way was poisoning him, it was only blocking the yellow sunlight.

Wait, what?

So why use a Red Sun-eater to imprison him - as opposed to a dark room?

Hyperion Prime

It did harm SBP. It took away his heat vision.

Zack Fair
facepalm

Sin I AM

However Superboy prime in no way was weakened, however he did begin to lose his super powers, but no in no way was being harmed. After superman (main universe) beat down superboy prime (powerless), he fell to the ground this was due to the red sun poisoning.

superboy prime post of the fight was incarcerated right next to a run sun, it in no way was harming him. However it was there to block the yellow sun light so he wouldnt gain any powers.

When Superboy prime returned to earth as the herald of the anti monitor, he fought the majority of earth's heroes in a brawl, upon which ended on the bridge at the break of dawn. In this panel SBP has one finger extended out of the mass of bodies on him, as dawn breaks a single ray of light hits the tip of his finger and he instantly full power. To the point where he easily breaks the entire force that was fighting him.

Props

Board Walker
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
It did harm SBP. It took away his heat vision.

It didn't harm SBP, it only blocked his super powers, it was however actively harming normal superman.

biensalsa
It didn't harm SBP, it only blocked his super powers, it was however actively harming normal superman.

Red Solar radiation does not harm Kryptonians unless is weaponized or an open flame from the Red Sun.

Otherwise Kryptonians will die in Krypton.

and in this case it actually harm SBP as He was also screming inside Rao, but this is a red sun open flame.

As for trying to bring SBP old depiction in a comic in which He is not affected by it, then it should be noted as well that Earth 2 Superman did not have that "Under a red sun weakness", until after the Golden Age IIRC

NemeBro
I'm just saying in the old comics, superman states on panel that prime is immune to red sun radiation.

Seems to have been retconned. Otherwise the Red Sun was a colossal waste of energy in SBP's prison. A pitch-black room would do the trick.

No, it doesn't. Otherwise Kryptonians would have become extinct the moment they were born on Krypton.

Read above boyobo.

Zack Fair
Kid is stubborn.

Mindset
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Props no expression

Tazer
Yo.

While even when the two supermen knocked prime through the red sun, it didn't harm prime or the older superman at all. Red sunlight doesn't rob superman merely of his power, it begins to poison him and can kill him.

However superboy prime shows no adverse effect from the kyrptonite (immunity) or the red sunlight that was all around him.

Additionally if SBP was weak to red sunlight like normal superman, he would of been dead while being imprisoned near the red sun giant. Rather all it did was keep him from charging his super powers

I dont know how it works in the nuDCU, but traditionally RSr *does not* poison/sicken Superman, it only eliminates the stored YSr within their bodies bringing them down to human-lvl physicality.

during that last fight of IC with the 3 Kal's, SBP got depowered via the combination of his suit being burned off (remember, he was pissed off when Hal dmg'd it earlier, becuz he still needed it as his own natural ability was inhibited when he was imprisoned by the Flashes) & the light from Rao erasing watever he had already stored up inside of himself, which is makes sense as if that wasnt the case then Kal-1 would never have hurt him as much as he did with that chunk of k-rock he beat him down with when he himself was completely powerless & dying of k-poisoning; he wouldve simply stood there unaffected by everything he did.

as for the fight topic: Genis *might* take it, but he fights hard for it, and given SBPs stats its not a big majority. Id say 6/10 myself, and Im being generous.

Tazer

cdtm
Genis taps a timeline fault and summons the pre crisis "good" Superboy Prime to fight for him.

Than eats popcorn and watches.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by cdtm
Genis taps a timeline fault and summons the pre crisis "good" Superboy Prime to fight for him.

...PC SBP sucked.

SquallX
Originally posted by cdtm

Only for Prime to retconned punch him from existence.

cdtm
Originally posted by Zack Fair
...PC SBP sucked.

Good alignment, not good character. stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Genis eats him.

Mindset
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

I dont know how it works in the nuDCU, but traditionally RSr *does not* poison/sicken Superman, it only eliminates the stored YSr within their bodies bringing them down to human-lvl physicality.

during that last fight of IC with the 3 Kal's, SBP got depowered via the combination of his suit being burned off (remember, he was pissed off when Hal dmg'd it earlier, becuz he still needed it as his own natural ability was inhibited when he was imprisoned by the Flashes) & the light from Rao erasing watever he had already stored up inside of himself, which is makes sense as if that wasnt the case then Kal-1 would never have hurt him as much as he did with that chunk of k-rock he beat him down with when he himself was completely powerless & dying of k-poisoning; he wouldve simply stood there unaffected by everything he did.

as for the fight topic: Genis *might* take it, but he fights hard for it, and given SBPs stats its not a big majority. Id say 6/10 myself, and Im being generous.

Tazer Genis is tailor made to beat SBP.

Cosmic awareness, omniversal telepathy, regeneration, energy manipulation, etc. And on top of all that he actually is willing and eager to kill.

I don't see how you think him winning 6/10 is being generous.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.