Avengers vs X-Men First Class

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARTH POWER
Thor
Hulk
Iron Man
Captain America
Black Widow
Hawkeye

vs

Xavier
Magneto
Beast
Mystique
Havoc
Banshee

Fight in New York City. Most civilians have either taken cover or been evacuated.

Remember it's First Class. So it's the young Magneto and Xavier. This should be considered when mentioning feats.

NemeBro
Xavier stops all of their perceptions of time.

Magneto then uses THE POWER OF MAGNETISM to kill the Avengers.

Placidity
Originally posted by NemeBro

Magneto then uses THE POWER OF MAGNETISM

What.

NemeBro
It's a reference a loser like you wouldn't get, ****er.

Nephthys
I AM MAGNETO, MASTER OF MAGNET!

Oh, yeah, X-chickens win imo.

DARTH POWER
So you all think Xavier and Magneto defeat the team themselves??

Remember it's Young Xavier. He could not hold Sebastian Shaw for long because he was too powerful. So I'm guessing it would be more difficult to do that to Hulk and Thor.

Also I'm sure "numbers" cause him problems, as he couldn't simply freeze all the navy's personnel minds to stop them firing those missiles at him and the other mutants.

KingD19
This isn't X-Men Xavier who could freeze a mall with ease.

Nephthys
Didn't he freeze a building at one point? Or was it just that one guy?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nephthys
Didn't he freeze a building at one point? Or was it just that one guy?

Wasn't made clear how many people it was.

We know it was at least 2 people. The one drinking water, and a guy walking down the hall in the background.

Chances are it was more than 2, but no evidence that it was the whole building.

If it was he'd have had no problem stopping the Navy firing those missiles.

But I think the important thing to note is he had trouble holding Shaw by himself because he was too powerful. I'm guessing Thor or Hulk might also be too powerful.

Riot-Gear
My first thought is something along the lines of Xavier mental reduces the Avengers to a comatose stat or makes them think they are little girls.

How ever even older Xavier had trouble with certain minds. You know minds that didn't want to be read or memories locked behind fear or anger.

What I'm getting at is that its possible that the Hulk would resistant being as he is an enormous green rage monster and all.

Thor is also another oddity in that being Asgardian. Xavier powers may not effect him the way they do humans if at all.

Also being more aggressive the Avengers may be faster on the draw the Xavier. As in he may get an arrow, bullet, shield, hammer, or repulsor beam to the head before he can complete a thought.

All in all though I'm leaning X-Men. Unless the Avengers get lucky or have members that can resist Xavier mental incursions. Which with out feats can't be proved.

Darth Martin
Thor and Hulk are too much.

Robtard
Xavier solos, it's just six minds. I don't want to hear any of this "Hulk's too angry to be mind-controlled and Thor's helmet will protect him" Avengers-Fanboy nonsense.

Darth Martin
I don't see why we can't assume Xavier would be viable against Hulk considering how Loki effectively was controlling him, was he not?

The debate is basically Thor and Hulk vs Magneto and Xavier. The rest are non-factors.

Question: Has Magneto ever been able to control Mjolnir in 616? Obviously, he can't pick it up physically but with his telekinetic powers?

Robtard
It's been specifically shown and stated in Thor/Avenger's that only certain individuals can move Mjolnir, so no, it'd say techno-magic > mutant powers.

Thor's helmet and armor though are a different story.

Pwned
Though Xavier is really the only one who could stand against Hulk imo. He is only wearing shorts, so theres no metal on him like there is on Thor. Though Loki was controlling Hulk while he was in Banner form, once he goes Hulk, I am not sure what could control him. Xavier is iffy, but I am leaning towards at least deflecting his attention. The problem is, Xavier is young. If he had been older I would have said he owns the Avengers in seconds, but he is 20 something I believe.

Robtard
His powers aren't all that much weaker compared to the Picard version; he had no problem altering his girlfriend's memories to the point she couldn't remember much of all with everything that happened from their first meeting to the film's end.

So Xavier McMurphys Hulk and Hulk spends his days a drooling idiot, since he doesn't have a giant Indian to put him out of his misery. I'd also imagine being calmed down to that level would revert Hulk.

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/blogs-prod-static/mediam/OneFlewMcmurphyChief.jpg

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Xavier solos, it's just six minds. I don't want to hear any of this "Hulk's too angry to be mind-controlled and Thor's helmet will protect him" Avengers-Fanboy nonsense.

Oh shit! haha You just stirred the hornets nest. But people will ignore it.

DARTH POWER

I for one certainly wouldn't use arguments like that.

But what makes me think they might be an issue for him is that he couldn't hold Shaw for long because he was too powerful.

Surely then Hulk and Thor combined would also be too powerful.

His powers aren't all that much weaker compared to the Picard version;

I have to disagree here. The Picard version froze an entire maul with ease. He also possessed Sabertooth and Toad simultaneously.

Whilst the young version could only freeze Shaw for so long and he also seemed helpless to stop the Navy wiping them all out.

So clearly numbers and power of opponent(s) limit young Mr. X.

BruceSkywalker
since this isn't Jean Luc Picard Xavier who would solo.. however this is 1st class Chuckles who said himself he had trouble keeping Shaw in place so very very doubtful he can hold Thor or Hulk for too long if at all.

Mystigue is a hot piece if eye candy and thats it(but I will assume in 1st Class 2 she will show similar skills that Mystigue did in the original trilogy)

Banshee will scream which should take out Cap, Barton and Widow but thats it..

Havok certainly is not his comic book counterpart , his abilities won;t do anything to Thor, Hulk, Cap or Stark..

Beast, I said in another thread that he doesn;t have the necessary skills to defeat Cap, nor does he have the necessary skills to defeat the rests of the avengers..

Magneto has a shot, but will eventually be overwhelmed and then KO'd

all in all Thor, Hulk solo, Stark does as well..

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

all in all Thor, Hulk solo, Stark does as well..

Well Magneto would at least render Stark's suit useless.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Havok certainly is not his comic book counterpart , his abilities won;t do anything to Thor, Hulk, Cap or Stark..

Perhaps not one on one. But while they are fighting Magneto and resisting Xavier, continuous shot from Havoc could prove deadly.

He does pack some serious power.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Well Magneto would at least render Stark's suit useless.

oh yeah im sure he will, but after a while Mags will be the last X-Man to fall

Darth Martin
Erik would crush Stark.

juggerman
I think Mags could take out everyone easily except Hulk Ironman and Thor with little pieces of metal like screws or something.

I think Magneto could rip off Ironman helmet and X could mind control him (if he couldnt do it with the helmet on which i think he could) to fight Thor since he did get Thor a fight. Might not win but would cause them trouble. Again thats only if X couldnt control Thor which im willing to go either way on that one

Mags could also probably crush Thors armor and helmet on him and im guessing he could mess with the hammer to some degree

The real threat is the green monster and unless X can control him or calm him down then i dunno

Unless Magneto could maybe wrap some metal around Hulk and send him in to orbit im not sure they can win

Zack Fair
I'd say Thor is durable enough to tank Magneto's attempt to crush him with his armor, if Magneto can do it.

juggerman
A blade pierced Thor and if Mags could mess with the armor or helmet id bet he could stab Thor.

Also with Ironman fighting againts Thor in addition to the rest of the X-Men i think Thor goes down but only if it works out like i posted earlier. If not Thor could destroy everyone on the X-Men squad

Zack Fair
Originally posted by juggerman
A blade pierced Thor and if Mags could mess with the armor or helmet id bet he could stab Thor.

Also with Ironman fighting againts Thor in addition to the rest of the X-Men i think Thor goes down but only if it works out like i posted earlier. If not Thor could destroy everyone on the X-Men squad

We don't know the properties of that blade. For all we know it could be magical. Thor's durability and the fact he was armored up make me think that. However I'm not stating it as a fact.

If Xavier gets to mind control/mind freeze them the X-men win. If he can't Avengers win IMO.

juggerman
Since nothing was said about the blade we have to assume it was a normal blade.

Without mind control i think they can take everyone but Hulk tho Thor would be tough.

Yes mind control on everyone yes they take it easily

Ridley_Prime
I reckon Eric could probably do to Thor's helmet what he did to the helmets of those two Nazi soldiers at the beginning of the movie, but I guess whether it's enough to hurt Thor very much or more is another story.

Robtard
I for one certainly wouldn't use arguments like that.

But what makes me think they might be an issue for him is that he couldn't hold Shaw for long because he was too powerful.

Surely then Hulk and Thor combined would also be too powerful.

I have to disagree here. The Picard version froze an entire maul with ease. He also possessed Sabertooth and Toad simultaneously.

Whilst the young version could only freeze Shaw for so long and he also seemed helpless to stop the Navy wiping them all out.

So clearly numbers and power of opponent(s) limit young Mr. X.

"Too powerful", but how exactly? There's no reason to believe that Shaw's physical strength was the reason Xavier was stressing holding him; that would make little sense. Stands to reason it had something to do with his specific power-set, which neither Thor or Hulk possess.

But if it is indeed a general "too powerful issue", Shaw > both Hulk and Thor combined in terms of power-potential, the man has an on screen stated max of putting nuclear-levels of destruction out; which he had reached when Xavier held him, as per Shaw's Plan B.

Xavier doesn't need to hold them like he held Shaw, he lobotomizes their minds.

marwash22
lobotomizing is likely not to work on Hulk due to the hf reparing the damage.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
lobotomizing is likely not to work on Hulk due to the hf reparing the damage.

Obviously not an actual physical lobotomy. Hulk's healing factor can repair the alteration and/or complete loss of memory and will? Proof?

Seems it'd calm him if anything and he'd Banner-out, then Xavier mind-rapes Banner into thinking he's an always happy school girl.

NemeBro
Magneto can hurt Thor and Hulk based on showings, honestly.

dadudemon
Magneto can hurt Thor and Hulk based on showings, honestly.

Hmmm.

Well, I do not think Thor can withstand the force of the Golden Gate bridge on his face. That's how much force Maggie can create.

NemeBro
Shut your fat ass up.

marwash22
Hulk's healing factor can repair the alteration and/or complete loss of memory and will? Proof? no proof, at least none that i can use. But it's not a really a stretch to say it would happen considering normal human brains can self-repair damage...

Robtard
Shut your fat ass up.

marwash22
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/sad/grand/sad-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-661.gif

NemeBro
Scum like you using a badass like the Doctor in an attempt for sympathy?

How dares you. HOW DARES YOU.

marwash22
screw you. screw you and your gay butt lover, Rob. ahah

Zack Fair
Originally posted by dadudemon
Hmmm.

Well, I do not think Thor can withstand the force of the Golden Gate bridge on his face. That's how much force Maggie can create.

Yeah but this is the younger Magneto who does not have access to this feat and needed Xavier to help him concentrate to manipulate huge objects.

marwash22
nah, at the end of the movie he had pretty much gained enough exp. to do it on his own... as seen with the missiles.

Zack Fair
I don't think the missiles compare to the submarine, but whateva!

marwash22
not in weight, but it probably took the same amount of concentration given the amount of objects he needed to control simultaneously.

McNasty996
X men win in my opinion. The amount of force that Magneto can apply to Thor or Hulk is enough to render them immobile or useless. Stark is reduced to bloody chunk of scrap and the other three are either killed in the crossfire or after.

marwash22
Magneto can stick Tony's head up Hulk's ass... Hancock style.

Zack Fair
Damned hancock...movies vs threads will never be the same

marwash22
i actually saw that on another forum and there was a serious debate as to how durable/damage resistant Hulk's butthole is. true story.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Yeah but this is the younger Magneto who does not have access to this feat and needed Xavier to help him concentrate to manipulate huge objects.

Yes.

nah, at the end of the movie he had pretty much gained enough exp. to do it on his own... as seen with the missiles.

He did get better, but there's nothing to suggest he became as powerful as his older self.

Besides which X3 feats don't count anyway. Different continuity.

Robtard

I took that quasi-homosexual scene as Xavier teaching Magneto how to find his center and thereby gaining better control of his powers. He was more powerful from that point on without Xavier's direct help.

That entire time at the mansion was all of them training and improving with the exception of Xavier possibly.

Riot-Gear

Besides which X3 feats don't count anyway. Different continuity.

Sense when is X3 in a different continuity from the rest of the X-Men movies?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Riot-Gear
Sense when is X3 in a different continuity from the rest of the X-Men movies?

It's not different continuity to the rest of the X-Men movies. It is a different continuity to First Class.

Just like Superman Returns is in the same continuity as Superman 1 & 2. But not 3 & 4.

When Xavier became paralyzed at the end of First Class that clearly ignored scenes in X3 and in Origins Wolverine which both showed a much older Xavier still walking.

Not to mention Moira was in X3 a lot younger than she should be. And Emma Frost in Origins Wolverine, again a lot younger than she should be according to First Class.

Zack Fair
Come to think of it...what was up with that. The continuity went downhill lol.

DARTH POWER
^ Oh basically Singer was involved in First Class. So Mathew Vaghn was making First Class a prequel to Singers X Movies. He wasn't bothered about the other 2.

But Vaughn's also made it clear he's more concerned with making a good movie than keeping the continuity. In other words he won't let the events of the other movies limit what he can do too much.

Zack Fair
Figures. I understand his reasoning, but I find it to be real selfish.

marwash22
i figured First Class was just a straight up reboot to the series.

DARTH POWER
i figured First Class was just a straight up reboot to the series.

I wish it was. That way they could have used the actual First Class: Cyclops, Ice-Man, Jean Grey, Angel and Beast. All under Xavier of course.

We did of course get Xavier and Beast but that was it.

Figures. I understand his reasoning, but I find it to be real selfish.

I do hate it when a movie can't decide if it's a prequel/sequel or a reboot.

Superman Returns and the new Star Trek movie had the same issue.

The way I see it they should either make it a proper sequel/prequel with no big contradictions to the originals, or just make it a plain out reboot.

God Cloth Seiya
Thor
Hulk
Iron Man
Captain America
Black Widow
Hawkeye

vs

Xavier
Magneto
Beast
Mystique
Havoc
Banshee

Fight in New York City. Most civilians have either taken cover or been evacuated.

Remember it's First Class. So it's the young Magneto and Xavier. This should be considered when mentioning feats.

Magneto beats hawkeye, black widow, captain america and iron man by himself.

I'm pretty sure Thor has metal armor so he could restrain him.

Xavier then shuts down Thor's and Hulk's mind.

Time Immemorial
X-Men would win

DrDeadpool
Yeah X men win, Poor Tony , Magneto is literally an anti Iron man here but in the Avengers vs X men comic, Tony actually defeated Magneto with BE Armor but here he will die !!

God Cloth Seiya
uh..................Magneto let IM beat him remember, Magneto could have killed him but he lost on purpose.

Magneto and Xavier solo this.

The Spleen
Xavier freezes and the X team does the rest.

juggerman
Xavier had trouble "freezing" Shaw because he was too powerful. He might not be able to hold Hulk and Thor

The Spleen
It was because of Mag's helmet, right?

juggerman
No it was once the helmet was off and he was actually holding him

The Spleen
Been a while, but I remember Mag wearing the helmet when Xavier did the freeze thing, and it was after he took it off?

Tattoos N Scars
Thor solos via godblast.

The Spleen
Give the X Men Shaw and he solos.

WhiteWitchKing
Hawkeye pulls out a wooden arrow and shoots Magneto between the eyes.

This fight depends on how much each team knows the others powers. If Hulk went straight for a thunderclap or just charges for Magneto or Xavier and takes one of them out, the Avengers have a good chance of winning. Hulk is just faster than anyone on the X-team. I don't see anyone having the power to oppose him except Xavier assuming he could control Hulk.

Can Xavier get into IM's head with that helmet on though? If he's having trouble, him and Magneto might just get fries by those lasers on IM's hands given the chance.

Thor doesn't wear that helmet anyways. So Magneto might get IM and Thor immobilized, but he isn't going to have time to stop that thunderclap or Hulk pouncing on him.

So this entire fight comes down to how quick Xavier/Magneto takes out Thor/Hulk/IM. I'm betting on the Avengers team edging out seeing as the big three have range attacks, superior durability, superior strength, and even speed to close the gaps. The X-Team, however, could be knocked out/killed by anyone of the Avengers in one hit. Magneto and Xavier have their work cut out for them.

Avengers would likely take this.

0mega Spawn
Banshee ruptures everyones eardrums yes

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing

This fight depends on how much each team knows the others powers. If Hulk went straight for a thunderclap or just charges for Magneto or Xavier and takes one of them out, the Avengers have a good chance of winning. Hulk is just faster than anyone on the X-team. I don't see anyone having the power to oppose him except Xavier assuming he could control Hulk.

Can Xavier get into IM's head with that helmet on though? If he's having trouble, him and Magneto might just get fries by those lasers on IM's hands given the chance.

Thor doesn't wear that helmet anyways. So Magneto might get IM and Thor immobilized, but he isn't going to have time to stop that thunderclap or Hulk pouncing on him.

So this entire fight comes down to how quick Xavier/Magneto takes out Thor/Hulk/IM. I'm betting on the Avengers team edging out seeing as the big three have range attacks, superior durability, superior strength, and even speed to close the gaps. The X-Team, however, could be knocked out/killed by anyone of the Avengers in one hit. Magneto and Xavier have their work cut out for them.

Avengers would likely take this.

Im wondering if Mags could take Thor's hammer and control itsmile

The Spleen
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Im wondering if Mags could take Thor's hammer and control itsmile huh

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by The Spleen
Been a while, but I remember Mag wearing the helmet when Xavier did the freeze thing, and it was after he took it off?

Yes but Xavier had trouble freezing Shaw, and said he couldn't hold him for long.

The X-Team does have Mystique and Beast. I'm sure they could handle BW and Hawkeye with little difficulty.

Depends whose Cap fighting against though. If he joins BW and Hawkeye then Avengers will clean house against the weaker/street level section of this versus. But if he joins IM, Thor and Hulk in the big battle he could also be the edge they need there, as either Xavier or Mage can be KO'd/Killed when the opportunity presents itself.

Although IM will most likely be joining the X-Men. Either being mind controlled, or just being used as a metal weapon by Eric.

DrDeadpool
Yes but Xavier had trouble freezing Shaw, and said he couldn't hold him for long.

The X-Team does have Mystique and Beast. I'm sure they could handle BW and Hawkeye with little difficulty.

Depends whose Cap fighting against though. If he joins BW and Hawkeye then Avengers will clean house against the weaker/street level section of this versus. But if he joins IM, Thor and Hulk in the big battle he could also be the edge they need there, as either Xavier or Mage can be KO'd/Killed when the opportunity presents itself.

Although IM will most likely be joining the X-Men. Either being mind controlled, or just being used as a metal weapon by Eric.

Iron man could resist mind control in Avengers against Loki's staff , if that counts !! smile

Kazenji
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
Iron man could resist mind control in Avengers against Loki's staff , if that counts !! smile

Only because of his chest plate.

Firefly218
Hulk has a decent chance to solo the field

God Cloth Seiya
Like I said Magneto solos everyone who isn't named Thor or Hulk, But he restrains thor via his armor, Xavier then shuts down Thor's and Hulk's minds.

/thread

juggerman
Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
Like I said Magneto solos everyone who isn't named Thor or Hulk, But he restrains thor via his armor, Xavier then shuts down Thor's and Hulk's minds.

/thread

Xavier can't shut down both of their minds since he had trouble shutting off Shaw's because Shaw was too powerful. I'm pretty sure Hulk and Thor are powerful...ler

quanchi112
Avengers stomp.

WhiteWitchKing

Beast is strong, but not even close in terms of skills to BW or Hawkeye. I could see either of them taking him out. Mystique didn't do anything at all in First Class so isn't much of a factor.

Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya

/thread

Thor's armor is mystical though and it seems like Thor can use remove it by will. In the first movie, he was in civilian clothing and then the hammer was restored to him and the armor formed. In Avengers, Thor had part of his armor while this chain-mail sleeves weren't there until he willed it later on after the pod crashed landed. If Thor can will this armor off, Magneto is in trouble. That hammer is Thor's to control so good luck even moving it if Thor drops it, Magneto isn't over coming it's spell to wield it.

Xavier might be a problem but seeing Hulk is also in this fight, Xavier is going to be too busy. If Hulk was just walking towards Xavier than there's a chance, but he bull rushes the X-Team and anyone in his path would like die or get koed. He's to fast for any of them.

TheGrat1
Xavier makes them kill each other. Then takes out his own team for the lolz.

Firefly218
How can anyone from X-Men First Class stop Hulk?

Dramatic Gecko
Havoc has an all right chance.

Firefly218
Hulk took thousands of laser blasts that disintegrated matter with little damage.

Silent Master
At no point in Avengers did the Hulk take thousands of laser hits.

Firefly218
SdkKB0-gQq8

Forward to 3:11

Silent Master
Thank you for posting the proof that the Hulk wasn't hit with thousands of laser blasts.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Silent Master
Thank you for posting the proof that the Hulk wasn't hit with thousands of laser blasts.

Maybe not thousands, but definitely a lot. And your welcome

Silent Master
Originally posted by Firefly218
Maybe not thousands, but definitely a lot. And your welcome

It wasn't even hundreds, in fact the clip you posted shows that many of the blasts completely missed the Hulk.

Firefly218
It wasn't even hundreds, in fact the clip you posted shows that many of the blasts completely missed the Hulk.

That wasn't even the entire clip. Some of the length was cut off.

Besides, the point is Hulk took a whole lot of laser blasts without sustaining any tissue damage.

Silent Master
The fact is the Hulk wasn't shown taking even 1/30th the amount of blasts that you claimed.

Firefly218
The fact is the Hulk wasn't shown taking even 1/30th the amount of blasts that you claimed.

But you agree that Hulk did absorb disintegrating laser blasts with little to no tissue damage?

Silent Master
But you agree that Hulk did absorb disintegrating laser blasts with little to no tissue damage?

I agree that he took some laser fire, just not anywhere close to the amount that you claimed.

Firefly218
I agree that he took some laser fire, just not anywhere close to the amount that you claimed.

Fine, but he did take laser fire. I think if he's quick enough, and gets some help from Cap, Hulk can avoid a direct hit from Havoc long enough to squash Xavier and Magneto.

jinXed by JaNx
Xavier would definitely be able to pierce Banners mind and convince him that he doesn't need to be the Hulk.

That and there is no reason to believe that Wolverines adamantium claws can't pierce Hulks skin. Assuming that's true, then it's more than logical to believe that he can stab Hulks brain or heart.

there's also, Rogue and Storm...,Storm of which can make the weather far below zero...,freezing the, HUlk. There is no way the Hulk can destroy or beat the X-men as a team.

DARTH POWER
Hulk can avoid a direct hit from Havoc long enough to squash Xavier

If he even knows where Xavier is.

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Xavier would definitely be able to pierce Banners mind and convince him that he doesn't need to be the Hulk.

That and there is no reason to believe that Wolverines adamantium claws can't pierce Hulks skin. Assuming that's true, then it's more than logical to believe that he can stab Hulks brain or heart.

there's also, Rogue and Storm...,Storm of which can make the weather far below zero...,freezing the, HUlk. There is no way the Hulk can destroy or beat the X-men as a team.

It's the First Class team.

DARTH POWER
Beast is strong, but not even close in terms of skills to BW or Hawkeye. I could see either of them taking him out. Mystique didn't do anything at all in First Class so isn't much of a factor.

Yeah I forgot Mystique didn't have feats in the first movie. Though even her shapeshifting would be enough to cause confusion.

Beast seemed pretty strong and fast, I don't see either BW or Hawkeye taking him tbh. And pretty sure between Beast, Mystique, Havoc and Banshee that BW and Hawkeye would go down. It's CAP who could/would change the scene there. Really depends which fight he's taking part in.

Thor's armor is mystical though and it seems like Thor can use remove it by will. In the first movie, he was in civilian clothing and then the hammer was restored to him and the armor formed. In Avengers, Thor had part of his armor while this chain-mail sleeves weren't there until he willed it later on after the pod crashed landed. If Thor can will this armor off, Magneto is in trouble. That hammer is Thor's to control so good luck even moving it if Thor drops it, Magneto isn't over coming it's spell to wield it.

That's true. Thor's the real problem here. Magneto would have to act fast while there's any Asgardian any metal on him.

Xavier might be a problem but seeing Hulk is also in this fight, Xavier is going to be too busy. If Hulk was just walking towards Xavier than there's a chance, but he bull rushes the X-Team and anyone in his path would like die or get koed. He's to fast for any of them.

Magneto at the very least will have no problem using IM and CAP's Shield as weapons against Thor. If Xavier can take over HUlk's mind as well, and direct him towards Thor, then the FC team can win methinks.

Firefly218
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

It's the XMEN first class team. And Hulk is a rage monster, so it's gonna be hard for Xavier getting into Hulk's mind before being squashed

DARTH POWER
It's the XMEN first class team. And Hulk is a rage monster, so it's gonna be hard for Xavier getting into Hulk's mind before being squashed

Since when does Rage make it harder for Xavier? Did he have any trouble possessing Sabretooth?

And Hulk won't even know whose effecting him, or where Xavier even is. He doesn't have to stand right in front of Hulk to attack him.

maxivitopowe
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if one off the x team was worthy

Silent Master
I would, as Thor and Odin are the only ones shown to be able to wield Mjolnir.

Lestov16
So it's pretty much Thor and Hulk against the First Class mutants (because IM is going to get phucked in the ass by Magneto). Hmm. IDK about this one. Hulk might go down to TP (YMMV), but IDK how they will take down Thor.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Lestov16
So it's pretty much Thor and Hulk against the First Class mutants (because IM is going to get phucked in the ass by Magneto). Hmm. IDK about this one. Hulk might go down to TP (YMMV), but IDK how they will take down Thor.

Use mind controlled Hulk to take him down? With help from Magneto of course. Since we all know Hulk can't beat Thor alone stick out tongue

Lestov16
I don't know if Thor's hammer qualifies as the kind of metal Magneto can control. I mean, there's terrestrial metals, and then there is the energy-generating, superpower-granting material that Thor's Hammer is made out of. I don't think Magneto has eaten enough Wheaties to lift the hammer, even with his mind.

DARTH POWER
^ Oh no never meant Magneto would control Mjolnir. Just that he'd aid Mind controlled Hulk to pound on Thor. Thor might still beat them both though.

Lestov16
I guess Magneto could throw...what will hurt Thor...submarines? Tractor-trailers? The Brooklyn Bridge? He's going to need something big to even scratch Thor.

DARTH POWER
I guess he could use CAP's Shield to block any blows from Thor.

As for what he could throw at Thor to hurt him? Dunno? He just needs shit loads of metal to slow him down. giving the mind controlled Hulk a chance to pound on him.

Firefly218
Since when does Rage make it harder for Xavier? Did he have any trouble possessing Sabretooth?

And Hulk won't even know whose effecting him, or where Xavier even is. He doesn't have to stand right in front of Hulk to attack him.

I don't remember Xavier ever possessing Sabretooth in Xmen first class. This is young Xavier, who struggled with Shaw.

DARTH POWER
I don't remember Xavier ever possessing Sabretooth in Xmen first class. This is young Xavier, who struggled with Shaw.

Because of how powerful Shaw was. Not due to Shaws rage. He had none as far as we know. There's no evidence that Prof X struggles against opponents with loads of Rage. Heck Magneto has shit loads of rage, but even Eric needs that special helmet to counter Charles telepathy.

Lestov16
I guess he could use CAP's Shield to block any blows from Thor.

As for what he could throw at Thor to hurt him? Dunno? He just needs shit loads of metal to slow him down. giving the mind controlled Hulk a chance to pound on him.

Even if he had Cap's shield, I don't see him being fast enough to keep up with Thor, who will be speedblitzing the shit out of everyone.

Problem is that in the time that it takes him to compile all of that metal, Thor can shoot a lightning bolt up his ass and turn him into Kentucky Fried Mutant.

DARTH POWER
Even if he had Cap's shield, I don't see him being fast enough to keep up with Thor, who will be speedblitzing the shit out of everyone.

Problem is that in the time that it takes him to compile all of that metal, Thor can shoot a lightning bolt up his ass and turn him into Kentucky Fried Mutant.

In a one on one? Sure.

Firefly218
Because of how powerful Shaw was. Not due to Shaws rage. He had none as far as we know. There's no evidence that Prof X struggles against opponents with loads of Rage. Heck Magneto has shit loads of rage, but even Eric needs that special helmet to counter Charles telepathy.

But Shaw's power is completely unrelated to his cognitive ability. It should be no harder for Xavier to get into Shaw's brain as it would be for him to get into anyone else's brain, despite Shaw's awesome mutant abilities.

Rage clouds rational thought. Xavier would need to appeal to Banner's rational thought to stop Hulk. Without his ability booster, Xavier gets squashed before getting to Banner's brain.

Lestov16
In a one on one? Sure.

There's really nobody on the opposing team who are powerful enough to distract Thor from turning Magneto into a piece of Michael Fassbacon.

DARTH POWER
But Shaw's power is completely unrelated to his cognitive ability. It should be no harder for Xavier to get into Shaw's brain as it would be for him to get into anyone else's brain, despite Shaw's awesome mutant abilities.

Ok, so is your argument that Hulk is more powerful than Shaw therefore harder to control?

Rage clouds rational thought. Xavier would need to appeal to Banner's rational thought to stop Hulk. Without his ability booster, Xavier gets squashed before getting to Banner's brain.

Again there's no proof of this. Eric with all his rage is easy prey for Eric without the helmet.

And again, Charles doesn't need to be a dumb ass and stand right in front of Hulk. His TP attacks can happen from anywhere really.

There's really nobody on the opposing team who are powerful enough to distract Thor from turning Magneto into a piece of Michael Fassbacon.

Was thinking an Xavier controlled Hulk.

Firefly218
Ok, so is your argument that Hulk is more powerful than Shaw therefore harder to control?

Again there's no proof of this. Eric with all his rage is easy prey for Eric without the helmet.

And again, Charles doesn't need to be a dumb ass and stand right in front of Hulk. His TP attacks can happen from anywhere really.

Was thinking an Xavier controlled Hulk.

I'm saying Hulk would be harder to control because of his enormous rage. Xavier appealed to Magneto by using logic. Xavier told Magneto that he was gonna die and that there were more mutants out there, he wasn't the only one.

Xavier won't be able to use logic to calm down Hulk like he did with Magneto. And without his ability booster, Xavier can't control anyone, especially Hulk

Lestov16
I'm going to have to give this one to the Avengers. No guarantee that Xavier can control Hulk, and even if he can, Hulk by his lonesome will not be enough to stop Thor. Once Thor kills Hulk, the X Men are screwed (or should I say, hammered wink )

Utrigita
No but he might be able to make Hulk relax, he did that rather effortlessly to Eric.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Utrigita
No but he might be able to make Hulk relax, he did that rather effortlessly to Eric.

Eric was still rational. When Hulk Hulks out, he ****in Hulks out.

Utrigita
Eric was still rational. When Hulk Hulks out, he ****in Hulks out.

While I agree that was the case in the Helicarrier it was also obvious that Banner was in far more control the second time, which should make it much easier to calm him.

Tattoos N Scars
If Stryker managed to capture Picard Xavier, i think the Avengers would do fine.

Xavier didn't freeze Stryker's men on their raid if the mansion.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
If Stryker managed to capture Picard Xavier, i think the Avengers would do fine.

Xavier didn't freeze Stryker's men on their raid if the mansion.

Xavier wasn't there...

DARTH POWER
I'm saying Hulk would be harder to control because of his enormous rage. Xavier appealed to Magneto by using logic. Xavier told Magneto that he was gonna die and that there were more mutants out there, he wasn't the only one.

Again you haven't yet proven rage inhibits Xaviers telepathy. Magneto knew he needed the helmet to stop Xavier. And lets not forget Shaw was EXTREMELY powerful. And Xavier still managed to hold him for long enough.

So id say even if Xavier can't control Hulk, he should be able to freeze him for the duration of the fight.

Problem in that scenario is Thor will clean house. Xavier really needs to mind control either Hulk or Thor.

Lestov16
Can Xavier TP animals? If not, no way in hell is he TPing the extraterrestrial Thor

God Cloth Seiya
He TP wolverine, sabertooth, and toad

Lestov16
Those aren't animals. They are mutated humans. Has he ever TPed, say, a dog?

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Utrigita
Xavier wasn't there...

Xavier still managed to get captured and manipulated by Stryker.

DARTH POWER

Was a surprise mechanical attack trap. Knock out gas just came out while he was visiting Eric. There was simply no one to freeze.

Utrigita

He got captured because of the knockout gas and because Xavier doesn't go around reading the mind of everyone he encounters. And Stryker only managed to manipulate Xavier because he restricted his power until Jason had trapped Xavier, when Xavier broke free (because of Storm freezing the room), Jason couldn't do anything to Xavier.

DARTH POWER
^ Yeah it was all basically a plot device to get Xavier captured. Because they know otherwise Xavier could just freeze all the soldiers who came to the mansion, read everyone's minds, find out what's going on, and telepathically stop it all.

The plot device in the first X-Men was Mystique sabotaging Cerebro to put Xavier in a coma.

In the 3rd they just had Jean being more powerful and killing him.

But bascially until First Class, there needed to be a plot device in each movie to get Xavier out of the way, because otherwsie the X-Men just win in an instance.

Lestov16
Excellent observation thumb up

DARTH POWER
Saw FC again and noticed one thing about Charles having trouble holding on to Shaw- He was in a room designed to keep out telepaths. It was only Shaw smashing Eric around, breaking chunks of the glass which allowed Charles to even look into the room. So that was most likely a big factor in Charles only having a temporary hold onto Shaw.

juggerman
Interesting...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.