Jack Bauer vs John McClane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
1. H2H fight in a 12x12 ft steel cage ring
2. Gunfight in Palisades mall. Both get a Beretta with 10 clips
3. Melee fight in the Initech office building
4. Who is the better counterterrorist?

Sadako of Girth
Movie vs forum dude.

But since you ask:

1) McClane
2) McClane
3) McClane 6/10
4) McClane

Lestov16
1)No
2)No
3) Bauer 8/10
4) No way in hell

Robtard
McClane solos.

Placidity
Why make this thread? You knew it was going to be the few people who haven't watched 24 that are going to say McClane wins anyway. You also know there aren't going to be any valid arguments (how can there be?), just snide comments.

Jack Bauer wins, not even close. 10/10 for Jack in all except maybe for the H2H fight, I'd say 9/10.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Placidity
in all except maybe for the H2H fight, I'd say 9/10.

Jack Bauer H2H fight:

https://vimeo.com/43532127
14:00-14:50
25:15-25:30
44:27-46:05
47:20-47:50
51:48-53:22

John McClane H2H fight
OXIcaOzFVeQ

I think it's pretty safe to say Bauer wins 10/10 in the H2H fight as well

Robtard
You keep bringing that up as it's some negative. A Special Forces guy managed to kick McClane about, but he couldn't keep him down and had to resort to BFR tactics. Bodes well for McClane, actually.

Lestov16
I'm not. We are just comparing H2H skills

Robtard
So what do you propose, Bauer would defeat McClane in H2H by removing him from the battlefield somehow? Cos that's Bauer's only chance.

Odekahn
Ok this is laughable... Bauer roflstomps McClane. It's not even close.

Sadako of Girth
First McHook that Bauer doesn't expect causes Bauer's coronary to shoot his heart out through his anus, which will have been heavily widened with a burning SUV bumper prior to the H2H bit anyway.

The next 20 odd hooks will just be overkill for the audience's pleasure/box office.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
First McHook that Bauer doesn't expect causes Bauer's coronary to shoot his heart out through his anus, which will have been heavily widened with a burning SUV bumper prior to the H2H bit anyway.

The next 20 odd hooks will just be overkill for the audience's pleasure/box office.

Not based off of the blatant empirical evidence I just presented

Originally posted by Odekahn
thumb up

Lestov16
Originally posted by Robtard
So what do you propose, Bauer would defeat McClane in H2H by removing him from the battlefield somehow? Cos that's Bauer's only chance.

Bauer>>>Stuart in MA skills, strength, and durablity

Sadako of Girth
Bauer will take 6 seasons to get into the fight and then it will be 6 seasons too late. stick out tongue

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
Bauer>>>Stuart in MA skills, strength, and durablity

Pure speculation. Stuart was highly skilled, it's not his fault McClane is unbreakable.

Might as well argue that Mjolnir is weak-sauce, cos it couldn't break the Hulk.

Lestov16
So let's go over this one more time, for all you folks playing at home

Based on screen feats (you can access the vid via my sig and I listed the most prominent places i nthe video where they happen) Bauer will overpower Mcclane and snap his neck

H2H-Bauer

Once again, based on screen feats you can see in my vid (and Jack has a lot of them), he is definitely the more experienced gunfighter

Gunfight-Bauer

Jack is a very ruthless fighter who will opportunistically use any advantage in a fight

Melee fight- Bauer

Of course
Contintential Pandemic>>>>>>>>Eastern Seabaord losing power (and 108 nuclear meltdowns>>>>>>ONE nuclear meltdown)

Better Counterterrorist- Bauer

Any questions?

Robtard
"Bauer will overpower Mcclane and snap his neck"

HAhaahahaahaahhhahaaaahahaaahhhahahaahhahaaa. Ha. McClane's taller, heavier and has at times shown super-human strength.

Lestov16
He did a wall-run neck snap in a severely weakened state. Considering he's going into his match with his full health, I'm not seeing what McClane's gonna do to stop it

Robtard
He did a wall-run neck snap in a severely weakened state. Considering he's going into his match with his full health, I'm not seeing what McClane's gonna do to stop it

That's skillful, not super-human. When McClane shakes his head, it'll likely break Bauer's hands.

Lestov16
The fact that I have to explain any of this despite having several times posted a video that shows it all is quite disheartening roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sadako of Girth
Its like the old "Bags dont hit back" thing of Bruce Lee's.

Only "bag" is replaced by "generic TV fodder" here.

McClane kills him, cooks, him and eats him.
Then quips that Bauer being "counter this, counter that" had no actual counter for the McFury.

Lestov16
When McClane shakes his head, it'll likely break Bauer's hands.

The video says otherwise

Sadako of Girth
The fact that I have to explain any of this despite having several times posted a video that shows it all is quite 'disheartening' roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Bauer would know all about that word. Three times over.
Aint nothing snapped McClane's neck, by screenfeats.
He however snapped a neck himself...

Robtard
The fact that I have to explain any of this despite having several times posted a video that shows it all is quite disheartening roll eyes (sarcastic)

Running up a wall IS something a non-super-powered person can do.

Breaking someone's neck IS something a non-super-powered-person can do.

Surviving a blast that sends you flying and you manage to survive a massive fall by grabbing onto a ledge with your fingertips ISN'T something a non-super-powered person can do.

Lestov16
McClane kills him, cooks, him and eats him.

laughing . if you knew anything about Bauer you would know that it is definitely Bauer who will be feasting on McClane's corpse

Then quips that Bauer being counter this counter tahat had no counter for the McFury.

The McFury that got him knocked off the plane by an assailant that John thanks his lucky stars isn't a habitual neck-snapper like Jack

Once again, your fear of watching the video just confirms my beliefs

Sadako of Girth
Once again your refusal to accept that screen feats are king, and that McClane is on a much higher tier than Bauer confirms ours.

McClane's neck survives all manner of trauma, twisting and things that would have shattered the vertibrae of mere mortals.

Lestov16

He however snapped a neck himself...

laughing

ONE neck? Do you know how many necks Jack goes through in a 24 hours period? Quite a few. One again, the VYAATW shows all of this

Sadako of Girth
Thats 'cause McClane isn't predictable.

He kills in a variety of ways, more often than not: amusingly so.

And that was directly. I bet the many deaths of the guys he killed with cars into choppers, blowing up the vehicles they were in etc etc when examined in post, had broken necks.

Lestov16
Running up a wall IS something a non-super-powered person can do.

After being in a plane crash and tortured until they flatlined

Breaking someone's neck IS something a non-super-powered-person can do.

While running up a wall? And while running up a wall after having withstood a plane crash and brutal torture

Surviving a blast that sends you flying and you manage to survive a massive fall by grabbing onto a ledge with your fingertips ISN'T something a non-super-powered person can do.

So what? Jack took a gas plant explosion to the face, as seen in the video, and was still breaking necks with his feet later that day

Robtard
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the day I get my ass kicked." <--- intro to this Season of 24.

Lestov16
when examined in post, had broken necks.

Considering Jack rips throats out with his teeth (as seen in the VYAATW), that's nothing impressive

Sadako of Girth
So what? Jack took a gas plant explosion to the face, as seen in the video, and was still breaking necks with his feet later that day

McLane would have been doing it within a minute or two, judging by feats.

Lestov16
Once again your refusal to accept that screen feats are king, and that McClane is on a much higher tier than Bauer confirms ours.

laughing Wow! What hypocrisy coming from a guy who as we speak is refusing to accept Bauer's screen feats by not watching the video

McClane's neck survives all manner of trauma, twisting and things that would have shattered the vertibrae of mere mortals.

So does Bauer, but Bauer doesn't cry about it

Lestov16
McLane would have been doing it within a minute or two, judging by feats.

According to you, judging by screen feats, he is going to have to take a 15 minute time out to cry to a fat cop

Robtard
MClane has survived an exploding gas plant. DH4.

Lestov16
But did he do so saving tens of thousands of lives and capturing a terrorist?

Sadako of Girth
Well at least he got his human facets dealt with before going on to kick all manner of ass early in his career....didnt have to take 6 years to warm up or anything....unlike Bauer.

Sadako of Girth

Yep. In Die Hard 4.0

Robtard

He did so and KILLED a terrorist, several actually. Buy killing Thomas and his crew, he saved millions(billions?), as the ensuing complete financial collapse of America due to Thomas' actions would have caused global chaos and anarchy.

Sadako of Girth
He did so and KILLED a terrorist, several actually. Buy killing Thomas and his crew, he saved millions(billions?), as the ensuing financial collapse of America due to Thomas' actions would have caused global chaos and anarchy.

Ergo: McClane saved the world (which wasn't bad for an afternoon's work.)

Plus he further rectal science by 50 years by rigourously testing the bottom of a ninja, by inserting a whole car into it, along the way.

Lestov16
Well at least he got his human facets dealt with before going on to kick all manner of ass early in his career....didnt have to take 6 years to warm up or anything....unlike Bauer.

Early in his career Jack was performing covert Delta Force missions for the CIA.....

Yep. In Die Hard 4.0

Which was McClane's strongest showing. In Jack's highest showing he stopped a pandemic and WWIII.....

Sadako of Girth
Screenfeats...

Well McClane, whilst in those echelons at the moment, isnt done showing yet.
Unlike Bauer.

Lestov16
He did so and KILLED a terrorist, several actually. Buy killing Thomas and his crew, he saved millions(billions?), as the ensuing complete financial collapse of America due to Thomas' actions would have caused global chaos and anarchy.

Ergo: McClane saved the world (which wasn't bad for an afternoon's work.)

Indeed. Now when McClane does that six more times, maybe Bauer will consider him a peer in the counterterrorism game. Until then, he's a poodle who has yet to take on any actual pit bulls

Lestov16
Screenfeats

...Can be found via clicking on my signature at the bottom of the post

Well McClane, whilst in those echelons at the moment, isnt done showing yet.
Unlike Bauer.

Both have films coming out. The 24 film is just taking longer production because you can't rush perfection

Robtard
Indeed. Now when McClane does that six more times, maybe Bauer will consider him a peer in the counterterrorism game. Until then, he's a poodle who has yet to take on any actual pit bulls

Let's face the truth, Bauer's best bet is to hope McClane doesn't see him due to his petite size, gets bored and ****s off to the nearest pub for a beer and whiskey chaser.

Lestov16
Let's face the truth, Bauer's best bet is to hope McClane doesn't see him due to his petite size, gets bored and ****s off to the nearest pub for a beer and whiskey chaser.

Assuming Jack wasn't a superhuman who can snap necks effortlessly, that would be true.....

Sadako of Girth
Well thats a safe assumption on the 1st part.

The second part is down to pussy necks.
Not McNecks, which by virtue of the survival of DHs 1-4 (and maybe 5) are indestructable.

Lestov16
Well thats a safe assumption on the 1st part.

Lies, as seen in the VYAATW

The second part is down to pussy necks.
Not McNecks, which by virtue of the survival of DHs 1-4 (and maybe 5) are indestructable.

Until Bauer twists it in a 360 degree angle, like he does all other chumps who think they can take him on

Sadako of Girth
Lies, as seen in the VYAATW

Until Bauer twists it in a 360 degree angle, like he does all other chumps who think they can take him on

Not lies: Judging by all the many things that happened where his neck could have been broken, via direct attack or by his own stunt, but didn't (and he didnt die once).

Watch Die Hards 1-4. If McClane is killed onscreen in 'Die-Hard-the-5th' and it is via a broken neck at any point then I shall retract my assertion.

No evidence as yet to suggest that he could move it 45 degrees, let alone the rest of the distance. smile

And you maintain that there was one incident where superhuman feats were exhibited by Bauer? Well McClane has 4 (maybe 5) whole movies of the stuff....on movie screens where it counts.
Therefore McClane has super-seniority here.

Lestov16
And you maintain that there was one incident where superhuman feats were exhibited by Bauer?

No. There were multiple ones. Matter of fact, you can see them for yourself. I have a nice little VYAATW right in my sig that will show you an hour of nothing but Bauer's feats (and it's not even all of them)

Well McClane has 4 (maybe 5) whole movies of the stuff.

4(maybe 5) whole movies. I'll assume each film is 2 hours long.

McClane=10 hours in feats against enemies below 24 villain's caliber

Bauer has had 8 consecutive seasons (each season a serial arc which allows each season to count as a "film", which you can ask anybody who watched the show can tell you), each 24 hours long

Bauer=192 hours in feats against enemies whom McClane would shit his pants if he went up against.

....on movie screens where it counts

Oh no. It's too late for you to try to gimp Bauer feat's now. What matters are the onscreen feats, and Bauer has more of them. I've even compiled a VYAATW of some of them.

Therefore McClane has super-seniority here.

laughing....Wait...wait..wai- you..mean to tell me you are so desperate for a defense that you are stooping to below Bottom of The Barrel Utter Bullshit tactics like saying that because McClane's franchise is older, that somehow in-universe that makes him more experienced? What? laughing out loud

Let's look at this for a second. Die Hard came out in
1988. Now Wikipedia states to me that McClane was born in 1954, which would make him 34 at the time of the DH1, and 53 in Live Free or Die Hard. That means he has stopped 4 terrorist attacks in a span of 19 years

Now let's look at Bauer. Now unlike the Die Hard franchise, whose timeline you just told me coincided with the release years of the films, 24 has it's own fictional timeline. Bauer was born in 1966. He was 35 at the start of Day 1, which took place in 2000 (after which he was already a retired Delta Force and CIA Black Ops veteran), and thus was 49 in 2015, when the 8th season took place. That means he stopped eight (FAR worse than ANY of McClane's villains) terrorist attacks in a span of 15 years.

Clearly Bauer is the more experienced person here

Sadako of Girth
No. There were multiple ones. Matter of fact, you can see them for yourself. I have a nice little VYAATW right in my sig that will show you an hour of nothing but Bauer's feats (and it's not even all of them)
Well Ive got 4 DVDs totalling more than 8 hours showing McClane's...! And thats not even all of his feats. He was promoted between movies and he carried on working all the way.

And you base your theory of McClaneic effluence ejection on what exactly...?
Guess you failed to see how cool he was under pressure.
And youre counting season 1? lol
What sort of desperate, low down shenaniganry is that?!!?

1) Im not gimping.
2) MVF rules dictate. Not me.
3) See my first answer

Nope. He age makes him more experienced, if anything by your 'logic'. smile

...that were featured in movies. And thats soon gonna be 5.

Nah. Especially considering DH5 is coming out.
McClane was a lone wolf. Didnt have even a hundredth of the help that Bauer got. Extra McWin with a side order of "Yippeekiyay motherf**ker" and fries.

Lestov16
Well Ive got 4 DVDs totalling more than 8 hours showing McClane's...! And thats not even all of his feats. He was promoted between movies and he carried on working all the way.

Well I'm poor, so I use Netflix, but DVD wise, (coming straight from the source), if I did have the money for it, I could have 55 DVDs worth if I bought each did individual set, or 56 if I decided to go with the whole collection, totaling more than 192 hours showing Bauer's...! And that's not even all of his feats. He was promoted in between and during seasons through video games, novels, and such, and he on carried on working all the way

Guess you failed to see how cool he was under pressure.

Cool enough to take a time out and cry?

And youre counting season 1? lol
Right at the beginning of the VYAATW (I placed the feats in order of their onscreen appearance, except for one scene in which Jack axes a man in the chest, which he did earlier in the season than when I placed it), has S1 Jack manhandling a squad of Serb mercenaries becuase they f**ked with his loved ones

What sort of desperate, low down shenaniganry is that?!!?

As desperate as ignoring Bauer's feats completely even though I've directly given them to you and saying that because Bauer is a primarily television character, he is somehow below McClane? No. Not that depserate

1) Im not gimping.

Which you immediately contradict with...

2) MVF rules dictate. Not me.

...which you are using as an excuse to gimp Bauer. I don't mind it, but as long as you admit that, if we did count Bauer's TV feats, that he would pawn McClane

3) See my first answer

See my video

Nope. He age makes him more experienced, if anything by your 'logic'. smile

No. If McClane was a counterterrorist for a living, like Bauer is, then his age in the field would give him experience, but McClane came across those four events randomly and if he didn't he would have gone along with his NYPD cop (non-counterterrorism) business. His only experience came from those 4 events. In between, there is nothing to suggest he did any sort of counterterrorism.

Meanwhile Jack has years of being a black ops vet and counterterrorist for a living and not only garners experience from those 8 events, but also relies on his experience as a black ops vet, LAPD SWAT officer (oh, so wait, Jack was a cop too, and an even better one at that, no kidding...) to help him take on threats far worse than anything McLame faces in the time it takes for McClane to pluck the glass out his feet

...that were featured in movies. And thats soon gonna be 5.

12 hours. Comapred to 192.... Yay? confused

Nah. Especially considering DH5 is coming out.

The 24 film is coming out as well. Keifer is just busy with other projects at the moment. You can't blame him that he can find good work because he is an excellent actor

McClane was a lone wolf.

So was Jack, if you weren't so scared to watch the VYAATW, you'd clearly see that.

See, unlike some reckless cop like McClane, an experienced professional Jack can work both solo and head of a team because he knows it means more effectively saving lives. And note he doesn't cry about his injuries and selfishly ***** and moan about how his job was supposed to be easy.

Didnt have even a hundredth of the help that Bauer got.

Well McClane hasn't taken on even a hundredth of the level of threat Bauer has faced (and need I keep telling you, Bauer finds CTU's leads for them), so your point is moot

Extra McWin with a side order of "Yippeekiyay motherf**ker" and fries.
No thanks. Bauer is an busy man and doesn't eat such crappy junk food. He'll gladly just be dining on McClane's throat. Thanks for footing the bill, though!

Sadako of Girth
Well I'm poor, so I use Netflix, but DVD wise, (coming straight from the source), if I did have the money for it, I could have 55 DVDs worth if I bought each did individual set, or 56 if I decided to go with the whole collection, totaling more than 192 hours showing Bauer's...! And that's not even all of his feats. He was promoted in between and during seasons through video games, novels, and such, and he on carried on working all the way

Oh good. Then you would get to see him let his search for his daughter take emotional precidence for him in the 1st episode, and wait 6 seasons for him to actually get to McClane level.

Yep.
Thats also the Ichi thing, like I said.
Notice that it happened only the once. Thats some Tzu-style purging there.

Primarily? Oh...what movie was he in then?

Nope.

Well naturally, I dont. Cause of logic. smile

See the Die Hard movies.

And yet If Bauer were McClane (Even though they tried to make him so, hes not) he'd win this.

And you assume that if a superhuman with godmojo like McClane walked the same path that he'd fail, yet Bauer would walk DH....hahahahaha lol

Cause McClane is that much more effective, of course.

Well when it does he'll qualify.
Yes I agree that Kiefer is an excellent actor. As was his father..

Fear has nothing to do with it. Sorry you are too scared to accept that.

Reckless hohohoho He isnt as reckless as you made out.
This is why he ducked out of the boardroom after Takagi, whereas by your logic, Bauer would have ran in all guns blazing and would have had trouble sitting forever more due to the massive lead suppository he would then be treated to. smile

Both statements are in your opinion.

Yeah running around pretending to be McClane work up a big appetite. Have that one on him.

Lestov16
Oh good. Then you would get to see him let his search for his daughter take emotional precidence for him in the 1st episode, and wait 6 seasons for him to actually get to McClane level.

Dude reaches McClane level at the end of Day 1, as shown by the beginning of the VYAATW, rises past it in the beginning of Day 2, when he saves millions from a nuclear bomb, and then exceeds in the later half of Day 2 when he (and I mean he alone, because nobody at CTU believed him and he had absolutely no resources) alone stopped WWIII.

Then Day 3 comes in and he stops a continental pandemic and at that point, McClane isn't even on his radar.

Yep.
Thats also the Ichi thing, like I said.
Notice that it happened only the once. Thats some Tzu-style purging there.

Jack has lots of time to meditate...later. Because right now that is time that could be wasted to save lives

Primarily? Oh...what movie was he in then?

24: Redemption. He also is the protagonist of a video game and a vast series of novels

Nope.
Well naturally, I dont. Cause of logic smile

Indeed. The Cause of your epic fail in logic comes from the fact that you are frightened to the watch the video because screenfeats do not lie

See the Die Hard movies.

Oh good. Then I would get to see McClane's bitching about his wife and his situation take emotional precidence for him in the first 2 movies, and wait until the very last film for him to actually get to a villain that even barely resembles a Bauer-level threat

And yet If Bauer were McClane (Even though they tried to make him so, hes not) he'd win this.

Yeah.

What are you saying? That the fact that he was trained as a counter terrorist, rather than being trapped in a situation, somehow makes him lesser? How does training count as a disadvantage? You might as well be saying McClane is better than Bourne because Bourne had to receive Treadstone training? Not only does that argument make no sense, but I've (and the video) already established, Bauer takes on far worse threats than anything McClane's faced.

I love how you're all "YEAHZ!!MCCLANE SAVED THE EAASTBOARD!!KOOLZ!! Yet when I stated that Jack has saved the continent, you're like "Hmm.."

Total hyprocrisy

And you assume that if a superhuman with godmojo like McClane walked the same path that he'd fail, yet Bauer would walk DH....hahahahaha lol

Well I've already established that 24 plots are far more difficult than any DH film, so...yeah

Bauer>>>24 villain
24 villain>>>Simon
Simon>>>McClane (since he ended up capturing him and Zeus and lost due to sheer stupidity, which even you admitted)

laughing you keep on thinking under that ridiculous notion that the DH films and villains are more strenuous than each 24 season

Cause McClane is that much more effective, of course.

Cause McClane has never taken on plots of Bauer's level, of course

Well when it does he'll qualify.

Qualifies for what? He's a better character across any medium. That's how it is.

Fear has nothing to do with it. Sorry you are too scared to accept that.

So you are going to ignore Bauer's feats? Okay...laughing out loud

Reckless hohohoho He isnt as reckless as you made out.
This is why he ducked out of the boardroom after Takagi, whereas by your logic, Bauer would have ran in all guns blazing and would have had trouble sitting forever more due to the massive lead suppository he would then be treated to. smile

Nah. Bauer's a master of quick attrition.

Both statements are in your opinion.

They are fact until you disprove them
108 nuclear meltdowns >>>One nuclear meltdown.

Yeah running around pretending to be McClane work up a big appetite. Have that one on him.

As I've stated before, Bauer is a member of the exclusive JB Club, which only includes masters like James Bond and Jason Bourne. McClane would be an insult to them

Sadako of Girth
Dude reaches McClane level at the end of Day 1, as shown by the beginning of the VYAATW, rises past it in the beginning of Day 2, when he saves millions from a nuclear bomb, and then exceeds in the later half of Day 2 when he (and I mean he alone, because nobody at CTU believed him and he had absolutely no resources) alone stopped WWIII.

Then Day 3 comes in and he stops a continental pandemic and at that point, McClane isn't even on his radar.

McClane required not a day. For he is and always was McClane.

In the afterlife after his many deaths. Yes.

So what McClane features in many of the same mediums.
And so did Pacman. ('cept the novels, in Pacman's case)

Im a very busy guy who devotes time when he can. Fear has nothing to do with it.

Yet he still saved her and all else and barbequed the nuts of his enemies...go figure.

I love how you're all "YEAHZ!!MCCLANE SAVED THE EAASTBOARD!!KOOLZ!! Yet when I stated that Jack has saved the continent, you're like "Hmm.."

Total hyprocrisy

Nope. Firstly, the collapse of the American economy would have ruined the world. Secondly, One reactor or not, the fallout would have fubared the United States, which including all connected land mass is a continent. Hmmmmmm.

Probably not for McClane.

Bauer>>>24 villain
24 villain>>>Simon
Simon>>>McClane (since he ended up capturing him and Zeus and lost due to sheer stupidity, which even you admitted)

laughing you keep on thinking under that ridiculous notion that the DH films and villains are more strenuous than each 24 season

Allowed like Black Widow allowed herself to, in order to interogate her intergators.

And vice versa.

IE hes died so many times that you require a medium to speak to him half the time. Yeah

Of course. They are in a TV show. This is a movie versus forum.

20 months? lol

fixed....and you're welcome.

Once you are on top of one, its all the same kettle of three eyed fish.

You left out Justin Beiber...! And lets not reverse those initials for decency's sake.

McClane has his own club. It has one member. And it rules.

Lestov16
McClane required not a day. For he is and always was McClane.

Too bad he wasn't facing a complex plot like Jack was.

Assassination of POTUS>>>>>>Robbery disguised as terrorist siege

In the afterlife after his many deaths. Yes.

Sorry, Jack doesn't have time for the afterlife. He doesn't have time to take a time out to cry about his foot either

So what McClane features in many of the same mediums.

And yet still doesn't have the amount of feats or gone after worse enemies than Bauer

And so did Pacman. ('cept the novels, in Pacman's case)

What does Pacman have to do with anything? Your strawmanning is making you look utterly foolish

Im a very busy guy who devotes time when he can. Fear has nothing to do with it.

And yet you had time to reply to this thread

barbequed the nuts of his enemies...go figure.

Pavel Tokarev has some stuff to tell you if you think "BBQiung the nuts of enemies" is impressive compared to what Bauer does to those who wrong him

Nope. Firstly, the collapse of the American economy would have ruined the world. Secondly, One reactor or not, the fallout would have fubared the United States, which including all connected land mass is a continent.

He did that once, for the first time when he was 53? Bauer's been doing it...his entire career since he was 35? Hmmmmmm.

When McClane does it FIVE more times, then he might be able to rise to Bauer's level. Until then, McClane's just a chump to big dogs like Bauer

Probably not for McClane.

Who couldn't even solve Simon's plot.

Allowed like Black Widow allowed herself to, in order to interogate her intergators.

That's not what happened in that scene at all. Stop making up lies to cover McClane's ass. It's uncouth in a debate. And don't insult Natasha by comparing her McClane. It's as insulting as calling her a mewling quim

And vice versa.

How do you figure that? Bauer's taken on far worse threats. Matter of fact, he took on a villain with the exact same plot as Gabriel (use magic tech to destroy the infrastructure). Took him 10 hours to whoop that terrorist's ass and get the tech back. He's also taken on terrorist who have threatened 108 nuclear power plants with nuclear meltdowns

"Contact Bauer. Either he finds the people responsible for planting the override, or we're looking a nuclear holocaust." -
Secretary of Defense James Heller

Of course. They are in a TV show. This is a movie versus forum.

I'm taking this as admission that you are gimping Bauer because he is better

20 months? lol

I don't recall that season of 24

fixed....and you're welcome.

Once you are on top of one, its all the same kettle of three eyed fish

How?
108>>>>>....1

You left out Justin Beiber...! And lets not reverse those initials for decency's sake.

Justin Beiber's not a fictional character. And reversal of the initials excludes all of them from the club, since those aren't their initials

McClane has his own club. It has one member.

McClane is one to fap to members, isn't he... wink

Sadako of Girth
Too bad he wasn't facing a complex plot like Jack was.

If you like. I disagree. Oswald managed (if you believe that.) He was a schmoe with a bolt action, according to that version, so whay not.
Yes the Nakatomi incident (being the most base level thing McClane faced) was more complicated than that version of events.

Well what was 24 after the 1st time his heart stopped then?
McClane never cried about his foot.

In your opinion. In mine they were just TV villains/TV fodder. Which, of course, they were. smile

Agreed there.

Well luckily, the answers flow naturally, due to lack of challenge. stick out tongue Really though, given that the vid you site is an hour long, thats some difference. But dont worry: Soon this will consume more time than Ive got and you will be able to use that fact to declare with fists beating on chest that you have somehow won due to the lack of interested opposing debators. And that anyone not caught in a loop of trollism has "pussied out due to being wrong" somehow in your book... smile

A euphymism of course, that is obvious to anyone who has actually seen the DH movies.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Look. Who's poster your semen hits, as you lay dreaming of message board dominance is of no interest to me.
You like Jack Bauer. We get it.

Well Mcclane did, and Im guaranteeing that his riddles/plan caught you out the 1st time through...as it did to all watching.

Hey you're are the one bring in offensive names for females here in rage over fictional characters. Not i.

'Cause its like saying: "Wow 356 bullets through the brain is way worse than 5." Well nope. 'Cause you're still dead after the minimal amount of the two, right...?!

Oh my god. It just goes on and on!

Well lets look at this objectively. Firstly, you are falsely attaching the word "gimping" to something it doesn't apply to...
Secondly. No he is not better.

Given that you rate Bauer over McClane, Im surprised you remember any of them...!

Well in order to explain this to yourself, you must get contaminated point blank by a massive meltdown, and then compare this to 107 more.

Dont fancy it...?

Oh well then, we'll just assume Im right then, shall we....? stick out tongue

Or IS he? shifty
Well they ARE. Just reversed.
Note that reversing them didnt make them "XP or LD". no. It made "BJ". Live with it...! laughing out loud

Now now. So badly have you failed to make your point in debate, that you now have to cast aspersions on McClane's sexuality that thinking that even if he were to wake each morning dancing his way to his first beer to the tune of YMCA and the rest of the collective works of the village people, that this would somehow diminish his ability to be better than Bauer. And you'd be wrong too, cause of moviescreen feats....
Shame. I think you can do better than that.

Lestov16
If you like. I disagree. Oswald managed (if you believe that.) He was a schmoe with a bolt action, according to that version, so whay not.

laughing Dude, You're horribly strawmanning again. You've some how deluded yourself to come to the conclusion that just because JFK was assassinated:

any assassin of a fictional president=LHO

What type of logic are using?

Yes the Nakatomi incident (being the most base level thing McClane faced) was more complicated than that version of events.

No it wasn't.

Assassination of POTUS>>>>>>....robbery

Well what was 24 after the 1st time his heart stopped then?

Bauer telling the afterlife for the one and only time
"LEAVE ME THE PHUCK ALONE"

which is why he has never died, even after being stabbed in the stomach twice

In my opinion, they were just TV villains/TV fodder

Which, no offense, doesn't mean dick in an objective debate

Your amusifying in an attempt to bring levity to this thread, that has so blatantly gone over my head as Im getting way too serious is making me look foolish...

I'm approaching this thread as anyone would approach a Versus thread on this forum.

Well luckily, the answers flow naturally, due to lack of challenge. stick out tongue Really though, given that the vid you site is an hour long, thats some difference. But dont worry: Soon this will consume more time than Ive got and you will be able to use that fact to declare with fists beating on chest that you have somehow won due to the lack of interested opposing debators. And that anyone not caught in a loop of trollism has "pussied out due to being wrong" somehow in your book... smile

Hey if you can't win,...Quit! That's an excellent motto smile

A euphymism of course, that is obvious to anyone who has actually seen the DH movies.

laughing total hyprocrisy coming from a guy who won't even look at feats that were directly compiled to see

Look. Who's poster your semen hits, as you lay dreaming of message board dominance is of no interest to me.

laughing total hyprocrisy coming from a guy who wishes he was McClane's right testicle

You like Jack Bauer. We get it.

What does that have to do with this thread? How are you accusing me fanboyism when all I've done is post empirical evidence, whereas you have just been saying "MCCLANE GETZ THA MCWINZ WIT THA MCFRIES!!!"

Also, before you accuse one of fanboyism, let's take a look at the guy who actually said that McClane could take on Jason Bourne laughing

Well Mcclane did, and Im guaranteeing that his riddles/plan caught you out the 1st time through...as it did to all watching.

Bauer's taken on Marwan, whose plan was far more complex.

McClane=Unimpressive

Hey you're are the one bring in offensive names for females here in rage over fictional characters. Not i.

A reference of course, that is obvious to anyone who has actually seen The Avengers. My amusifying in an attempt to bring levity to this thread, that has so blatantly gone over your head as you're getting way too serious, is making you look foolish...

'Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Cause its like saying: "Wow 356 bullets through the brain is way worse than 5." Well nope. 'Cause you're still dead after the minimal amount of the two, right...?!

Well 5 bullets in the head will kill you. 356 will decimate your entire head into a bloody stump

and you used a horrible analogy laughing out loud

Well lets look at this objectively. Firstly, you are falsely attaching the word "gimping" to something it doesn't apply to...
Secondly. No he is not better.

Well let's look at this objectively. In order to look at something objectively, you need to be able to see it from all sides. Now I've sen both franchises, so I look at this objectively.

You on the other hand are incapable of being objective. You've only seen one side of tale (which you are clearly biased against) and are ignoring blatantly posted evidence, and thus have incomplete knowledge

Thus, objectively, your "opinion" means diddly squat

And in order to know he is not better, you have to know what's done, feats which you are willingly choose to ignore because you are scared

Given that you rate Bauer over McClane, Im surprised you remember any of them...!

Well hey, if I forget, i can easily just click on the video I made

Well in order to explain this to yourself, you must get contaminated point blank by a massive meltdown, and then compare this to 107 more.!

If one nuclear meltdown could destroy the US, 108 would wipe out the world, considering that the fallout of 108 meltdowns isn't just going to stay contained to North America. It would disperse. It's simple logic. Oh yeah, you think McClane can beat Bourne. You don't operate by that, I forgot stick out tongue

Oh well then, we'll just assume Im right then, shall we....?

You haven't even seen all the evidence, so until then, any judgement you make means jack shit

Note that reversing them didnt make them "XP or LD". no. It made "BJ". Live with it...! laughing out loud
I am so glad that you have have finally reached the intellectual capacity of a 4th grader. Congratulations on that!

that this would somehow diminish his ability to be better than Bauer.

Of course it won't diminish it. You can't lose what you never had...

And you'd be wrong too, cause of screen feats....

Which you are ignoring

Shame. I think you can do better than that.

I did. I put Bauer's feats in a video

Sadako of Girth
Right.

Comes down to this: Bauer wishes he were McClane.
And thats right fist.

I see no reason why I should put all of my time into debate when each post has become a novel in size, seemingly deliberately to force me into a position where my time cannot be devoted to it so you can claim a troll 'victory' which is all you want, as evidence but the HP vs SW style multiple Bauer/McClane threads.
Bauer couldnt be proven to be able to do the diehard marathon so you switched to this.
Its clearly tremendously important to you that you must have 'Bauer' win, even when all your points have been argued against.
So whatever man. You seem an ok guy. Believe whatever you want to, go and live a fruitful life and enjoy your time instead of preoccupying it with silly fictional character duels/dick waving contests.
Take it from a guy who wasted 2 years on this stuff when he had less going on. Peace. smile

Lestov16
Right.

Comes down to this: Bauer wishes he were McClane.
And thats right fist.

I see no reason why I should put all of my time into debate when each post has become a novel in size, seemingly deliberately to force me into a position where my time cannot be devoted to it so you can claim a troll 'victory' which is all you want, as evidence but the HP vs SW style multiple Bauer/McClane threads.
Bauer couldnt be proven to be able to do the diehard marathon so you switched to this.
Its clearly tremendously important to you that you must have 'Bauer' win, even when all your points have been argued against.
So whatever man. You seem an ok guy. Believe whatever you want to, go and live a fruitful life and enjoy your time instead of preoccupying it with silly fictional character duels/dick waving contests.
Take it from a guy who wasted 2 years on this stuff when he had less going on.

You haven't even seen all the evidence, so until then, any judgement you make means jack shit

Peace. smile

Sadako of Girth
Classy.

I think you mean 'Jack's shit' (against McClane, anyhow.) smile

Thats the problem with mixing movie based stuff with TV series stuff.
Who really can be bothered with it all...?

And theres still theres no evidence presented that any of that working on McClane specifically, anyway.

Remember the CM 20 bit in Aliens? About "rolling the cannisters in and nerve gassing the entire nest?" and "Well how do we know it'd even effect them?"
Against McClane, you gotta nuke from orbit (and even then you probably wouldnt be able to be sure...)

For all you know, against a guy as lucky as McClane, Bauer could trip on his own shoelace and break his neck.

The guy made a pact with god in DH1 just prior to the firehose bit. And lo and behold he lives through all kinds of crazy shit that would kill anyone else... hes McUnkillable.
So in the face of that, I guess that means that any countering arguement literally does mean 'Jack shit'.

Bauer might as well have been Carrie Fisher or an Illinois Nazi or Redneck trying to kill Jake and Elwood in The Blues Brothers.

SO what 'evidence' counters THAT?

Lestov16

Bauer might as well have been Carrie Fisher or an Illinois Nazi or Redneck trying to kill Jake and Elwood in The Blues Brothers.

laughing laughing
Wait...Wai...

lol

wait....You mean to tell me that God is going to help McClane in the ring? WTF?

Wow, dude. WTF logic is this? Is Tak possessing you, because this is some very clear Desperation right here

Also, didn't The Blues Brothers end with Jake and Elwood in prison? laughing out loud

SO what 'evidence' counters THAT?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/197/179/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Lestov16
Also, in regards to

the onscreen evidence in my video which you are ignoring.

I love how you cry screenfeats but ignore them once I present them to you giftwrapped wink

Sadako of Girth
Surviving but going to prison still counts in a '1st to die loses' situ.

And judging by Bauer's track record, Bauer loses twice already.

59xWQUzRRJM

I never denied that Bauer had joy against all those sub-McClane villians from 24. So keep pimping yer vid all you like.
Still wouldn't particularly matter against McClane though.
As Bauer might as well be facing Connor McLeod with a blunt spoon. kQFKtI6gn9Y

Lestov16
59xWQUzRRJM

Oh yes, clearly two experts on the subject.

Also:

0:35- McClane puppet states that McClane doesn't need 24 hours and could wrap up two and a half tops. Bauer puppet should have stated that Bauer's taken on far worse threats and that some seasons of 24 have about 3-4 terrorist attacks , so even by that, Bauer already outclasses McClane

Then at 0:51, McClane puppet goes on a rant about HOW UNBELIEVABLE BAUER'S FEATS ARE. That's right, the puppet defending McClane is amazed by Bauer.

And how are the villains sub-McCl...

oh, wait, I forgot, your opinion doesn't matter

Sadako of Girth
Yet they matter twice as much as yours. Go figure, hypocritical evidence ignorer. stick out tongue

Rooftop. Pact.With.God/Unseen Forces*=Results seen on screen for the last half hour of DH1, and DH's 2-4 so far.
"Please god..dont let me die"
"Oh John what the **** are you doing...if I live I'll never set foot on a tall building ever again" etc
And yes, the pro Mcclane puppet is more clued up than the one drinking the horse piss.

* May actually be Satan, as according to Zeus in DH3, "Not even God knows" what McClane is doing....

Lestov16
I haven't ignored any evidence you haven't presented

Rooftop Pact With God= Desperation of the highest form. Even if that was true (which it isn't), you are stating that McClane was so hopelessly lost that he had to have God (of the DH universe, who is not going to be with during this Versus Match) intervene on his behalf because he is so incompetent he couldn't handle the job himself

laughing You are actually trying to submit a joke Youtube Video as actual evidence laughing out loud

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/S_Z/Sq_Sui/Stephen_Kings_Desperation/season1/stephen-kings-desperation10.jpg

Sadako of Girth
I haven't ignored any evidence you haven't presented

Rooftop Pact With God= Desperation of the highest form. Even if that was true (which it isn't), you are stating that McClane was so hopelessly lost that he had to have God (of the DH universe, who is not going to be with during this Versus Match) intervene on his behalf because he is so incompetent he couldn't handle the job himself

laughing You are actually trying to submit a joke Youtube Video as actual evidence laughing out loud

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/S_Z/Sq_Sui/Stephen_Kings_Desperation/season1/stephen-kings-desperation10.jpg

Yeah he was desperate. And judging by every single thing that happened after that in all his films after that point, it looks like it worked. And you have not disproved that.
Ah...trying to gimp god, as well as McClane, eh? Sounds kind of desperate to me.

Nope thats not what I did at all. I was highlighting the levels of dumb that this has fallen into, and laughing at it..(Able to do so as I have perspective still and a sense of humour.)

I have to assume at this point that your efforts are a loving tribute to the works of the late, great Edward Khil.

Lestov16
God of the DH films will not be helping him, so since you've admitted he has no skills to fall back on, he'll be getting pawned in every event in this thread

How? At any of that? I've been approaching this as a respectable versus debate, presenting evidence and highlighting feats. All you've presented was an amateur youtube video with puppets laughing out loud

And how do you have anything resembling an objective perspective when you actually stated that McClane can beat Jason Bourne laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
I wouldn't admit to such an obvious lie, as its bereft of truth.

Nope. It wasnt presented as evidence. I guess the Python vid also counted as evidence right? laughing out loud Strawman.

How can you deny McHate when blindly asserting that he can't beat Bourne...? Besides I didnt make that thread. And for every thread there has to be two opposing views expressed.
Nice continuing strawman, btw

Lestov16
What skills? You've already attributed God to all the amazing things he does

So you've presented no evidence. That just makes it better doesn't it wink

The fact that you think he has even a slight chance of beating Bourne in anything tells how much bias you have smile

Sadako of Girth
Not all, just the aiding and abbetting aspect.
IE If Mcclane sat on that rooftop fatalistically expecting god to magically kill the FBI snipers, and save him fro the soon to ensue C4 mushroom cloud that would soon be on him, he'd have blown up.
Or if in the tunnel In DH4.0 he'd have prayed that helicopter fell out of the sky or that he stood waiting for that car to magically not smack him and Matthew in the face in the tunnel whilst not ducking between the cars, he'd have been pavement pizza. But the unseen force (call it astronomical, mathematically anomalous luck) sees to aid and abet/augment his efforts with success allowing for what can only be described as McMiracles to take place regularly. This is all patently and blatantly obvious to anyone who has paid attention to the movies.

With McClane and Die Hard, you dont have to present it. For its very obvious. Your lungs dont have to be 'presented' with air in order for you to breathe. You just breathe it. But anyways. Ive constantly presented evidence, as others have all along.
You just willfully don't see it.

And you rely on an overly long, comparatively more obscure TV series as your argument.

Actually the reverse is true for you, in your McActribute denying hatred. As I said, and as you prove with your every post..
Your trolling style kinda relies on that.

Lestov16
Not But the unseen force (call it astronomical, mathematically anomalous luck) sees to aid and abet/augment his efforts with success allowing for what can only be described as McMiracles to take place regularly.

So.....luck laughing out loud

Your lungs dont have to be 'presented' with air in order for you to breathe. You just breathe it.

laughing out loud Do you realize the fail in that statement?

But anyways. Ive constantly presented evidence, as others have all along.
You just willfully don't see it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gaGcvrWWOOc/TN7s4Tr57nI/AAAAAAAAATk/l-cExkVEMDo/s1600/hypocrite.jpg

My trolling style relies on presenting empirical evidence and stating feats, as any other debate? Oh crazy!

I guess I could have the trolling style of pretending to be an expert on a subject despite ignoring evidence that obviously prove me wrong, and making up horribly stupid arguments like:Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
And you rely on an overly long, comparatively more obscure TV series as your argument.

But that would just be pathetic debating wink

Get back to me when you watch the video, or do something to become aware of Bauer's feats. Until then

Toodles smile

Robtard
What skills?

Really, dude? Are you saying McClane is now a non-skilled sap?

Lestov16
No. Saddy informed me that whenever McClane is caught in a jam,

astronomical, mathematically anomalous luck

comes in to bail him out. I'm just trying to find out that if this true, where does McClane's skill factor into getting him out of situations, if luck were not there to help him?

Lestov16
And any cop skills McClane has pale in comparison to the Delta Force/ LAPD SWAT training Jack has. Quite honestly, they both have the same intuition, it's just that Jack has years of honed skills to beef it up as well to a level higher than McClane's

Matter of fact, given both their propensity for disobedience and altruism, I'd say Jack is more or less what McClane would be if he had joined the military instead of the police force

Sadako of Girth
Translation: "Oh Bauer... nom nom nom.....slurrrrrp" stick out tongue

Oh you bought your mug along.
How nice.

There was no fail in the statement, only your attempted retort.

McClane's jamminess/supernatural pact result is not constant. It just is.
And it's enough to balance well with his resourcefulness/skill at points..you know...the points which keep him killing bad guys and saving the day all day/night long...

Lestov16
I would respond, but I can't tell what you're saying since your mouth is on McClane's other bald head wink

It's a special gift for you. Only certain people deserve it

I'd ask how the hell you don't realize the error in your statement, but you put McClane over Bourne, so there's no telling what your logic operates by laughing out loud

It is complete speculation/ utter bullshit

As far as points go, McClane is never reaching Bauer's high score

Sadako of Girth
Hahahah

No I cannot accept it. It would be like leaving Beethoven without his Piano.

Screen feats. And logic. You know...the logical stuff. The stuff Spock likes.

Then it is the perfect compliment to your entire thesis.

Well were they playing pacman or something maybe..but if its being awesome, unkillable and killing bad guys then you're wrong.

Lestov16

Based on screen feats (you can access the vid via my sig and I listed the most prominent places i nthe video where they happen) Bauer will overpower Mcclane and snap his neck

H2H-Bauer

Once again, based on screen feats you can see in my vid (and Jack has a lot of them), he is definitely the more experienced gunfighter

Gunfight-Bauer

Jack is a very ruthless fighter who will opportunistically use any advantage in a fight

Melee fight- Bauer

Of course
Contintential Pandemic>>>>>>>>Eastern Seabaord losing power (and 108 nuclear meltdowns>>>>>>ONE nuclear meltdown)

Any questions?

Sadako of Girth
Yes.... anyone here who thinks this wasn't a troll thread? smile

Im not saying that as a sore winner.. it must've been very frustrating for the threadstarter to have gone to all that effort only to be denied and McVictory to have happened two threads in a row. stick out tongue

Next week: Unicron versus McClane.
(A match that McClane probably would lose)
Cause at least that would be a half way realistic loss. smile

Lestov16
I'm watching DH3 as we speak on A&E. Jack could solo this 2 hours tops laughing out loud

Lestov16
Simon could have his guy with the machine gun shoot McClane right now......

Once again, a McClane-level villain roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lestov16
Yes.... anyone here who thinks this wasn't a troll thread? smile

Im not saying that as a sore winner.. it must've been very frustrating for the threadstarter to have gone to all that effort only to be denied and McVictory to have happened two threads in a row. stick out tongue

Next week: Unicron versus McClane.
(A match that McClane probably would lose)
Cause at least that would be a half way realistic loss. smile

Sadako of Girth
Yes he certainly did.

But who could blame him?

Lestov16
No he didn't. He left McClane strapped to a bomb.

He was a dumbass for involving McClane in his plan in the first place, so his inherently flawed plan from the beginning (that McClane couldn't even stop laughing out loud, thus he utterly fails as a counterterrorist, because if Simon were the real deal, and was serious about his bombs, McClane's failure would have resulted in the murder of many innocent children at the school) definitely does not outshine anything Bauer's taken on.

Contintential Pandemic (Bauer's third threat)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Robbery disguised as terrorist attack (McClane's third threat)(that McClane couldn't even stop :laughsmile

BTW note how I am countering your bullshit with actual screen feats and evidence. Because I've seen the evidence. You haven't so......

Sadako of Girth
(Yes he did. To make it clearer: Jack shits when heart attacking out again after McClane snuck up behind him and softly popped a bag of potato chips, when Bauer wasn't expecting it.)

You aren't.
Because you basically deny everything listed so far that was McScreenfeats and choose to ignore and misrepresent til you portray McClane as an unskilled loser..which to anyone who has actually watched the movies, will render you ridiculously biased and maybe insane.

Ergo: everything you say is invalid.

(Not that someone using TV characters in an MVF forum out of McHatred screams "respect for rules" in the 1st place.)

It really doesnt matter how much or how little 'evidence' you selectively post. You wouldnt post the things that make Bauer vulnerable. IE: portraying Bauer unrealistically powerfully, whilst all the time underplaying McClane to be the most useless that you can.. ergo your copy pasted fallacy very obviously and literally "means Jack shit".

Sadako of Girth
I'm watching DH3 as we speak on A&E. Jack could solo this 2 hours tops laughing out loud
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Nah...not really.. He would have to do it at the same time. Reacting to Simon's baits and puzzles is what draws him to killing Simon and all his friends.

Besides. There were loud, unexpected and jumpy noises throughout.
Jack would have had a heart attack and died again.

And FYI: McClane did it in 2hrs tops. He didn't need the extra 22hrs.

McClane was left strapped to a bomb, but escaped through McIngenuity, having stashed a metal splinter (procured during an obscenely fortunate god/the force aided escape from certain death whilst killing the bad guy earlier, that Bauer wouldn't have survived) than was used to pick the locks and escape. How would Bauer have esc- oh thats right. He would have waited 20 months after getting tortured to death multiple times firs- ooooooh too late: The ship would have exploded way before then... oh dear.

As if. He'd likely have missed of had the gun jam, or the round wouldn't have killed him, grazing him, for all you know..

McClane level villians destroy TV level villains.

Yet the admittedly do make the mistake of underestimating McClane. (an act, as we can see, which of course always leaves them looking silly, despite their otherwise intelligence..) smile

Good day to you, sir....

Lestov16
Let me please explain this one more time.

Your Opinion Is Moot Until You've Seen All The Evidence

Robtard
Let me explain this to you, you're turning into a dick-head. Easy, it's just an MvF thread, fella.

Lestov16
Indeed sir. My point is true though

Robtard
I think you'd feel better if you just said "McClane wins", come on, drink the McPunch, it's refreshing,

Lestov16
No thanks, Jim Jones. I like my drinks quality-made smile

Robtard
No thanks, Jim Jones. I like my drinks quality-made smile

Guess it's a matter of taste, cos I'm 3-4 eps away from finishing Season 1 of 24; it's getting a bit repetitive and boring.

Lestov16
S1 is only the prequel...

Robtard
S1 is only the prequel...

I'll most likely give S2 a shot, but I've not got my hopes up. I'm just watching it now to see how it ends and to cheer when Jack's annoying whore of a wife flat-lines.

Lestov16
EVERYONE was happy at that part.

But S2 is when Jack gets into the world-saving that I am always raving about. If you really want an action film style experience, jump immediately to Season 4. The prior 2 are more..."serious", so to speak

That being stated, if you don't like the show, I don't particularly care. I just do not want his feats to be ignored

Sadako of Girth
I just do not want his feats to be ignored

Ok. Fair enough.

We wont ignore his movie feats anymore.

Now list them.....

dadudemon
Ok. Fair enough.

We wont ignore his movie feats anymore.

Now list them.....

I am interested in them, myself.

Lestov16
List his feats. Okay:

Saved LA from a Nuclear weapon/Halted Thermonuclear WWIII

Saved the Country from a pandemic

Saved the Country from SecDef being assassinated live, 106 nuclear meltdowns, and a nuclear weapon being detonated on the East Coast

Saved country from nerve gas attacks (in a hospital, mall, and a natural gas station that would have killed tens of thousands) and Trident missile attack (which would ahve killed hundreds of thousands)/ Took on The POTUS

Saved the coutnry from suicide bombers and 4 suitcase nuclear detonations

Saved 16,000 from pesticide plant/ Saved US from missiles loaded with bioweapons/ Halted Thermonuclear WWIII

You can also watch some of them in a video located in my signature

If you are choosing to ignore his feats becausethey are too much, then it's okay. I'll accept your concession

Robtard
"Movie Feats", brah.

Sadako of Girth

If you are choosing to ignore his feats becausethey are too much, then it's okay. I'll accept your concession

Well fortunate for the McArgument that thats not even remotely the case, then.

Still waiting on those movie feats....

Lestov16
See 24: Redemption

Sadako of Girth
And what were Bauer's box office feats compared to McClane's...?

Tell us....

Lestov16
Like I said, if you wish to ignore his feats that's fine with me. I'l accept that as your concession. You're still saying that you need to gimp his feats in order for McClane to take him

Bauer Wins smile

Lestov16
Like I said, what does BO prove? Transformers Dark of the Moon was better than DH4, according to you laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
Not quite. But it does prove that they were released movies.
So I'll take your total, complete and utter lack of citation of moviefeats as concession.

McClane wins. smile

(The Waltons had a TV movie. John Boy was a member of the exclusive, mad, bad dangerous to know "JB club" too, I take it...)

Lestov16
List his feats. Okay:

Saved LA from a Nuclear weapon/Halted Thermonuclear WWIII

Saved the Country from a pandemic

Saved the Country from SecDef being assassinated live, 106 nuclear meltdowns, and a nuclear weapon being detonated on the East Coast

Saved country from nerve gas attacks (in a hospital, mall, and a natural gas station that would have killed tens of thousands) and Trident missile attack (which would ahve killed hundreds of thousands)/ Took on The POTUS

Saved the coutnry from suicide bombers and 4 suitcase nuclear detonations

Saved 16,000 from pesticide plant/ Saved US from missiles loaded with bioweapons/ Halted Thermonuclear WWIII

You can also watch some of them in a video located in my signature

If you are choosing to ignore his feats then it's okay. I'll accept your concession

Sadako of Girth
Not quite. But it does prove that they were released movies.
So I'll take your total, complete and utter lack of citation of moviefeats as concession.

McClane wins. smile

Lestov16
Sorry, not based on screenfeats, which you are hypocritically both whining for and ignoring in the same post laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
Now now now...

You've flouted MVF rules all the way...lets not render yourself a hypocrit for the 316,000th time by now expecting that you can accuse others somehow of underhanded tacticry....!!

smile

Lestov16
SADLY........................

No.

There have been numerous Star Wars threads on this forum which have allowed characters to retain their EU feats. And it was already stated that TV-Movies count as movies (which is why Bauer is allowed in the first place) So, nice try...

So when did McClane stop Thermonuclear WWIII last? laughing out loud

Robtard
24 is a TV show; not a film. See?

Lestov16
I've already stated at numerous times that I'm willing to dismiss Bauer's television feats if you conceded that if Bauer retained those his television feats, he would outclass McClane, which is true.

Your argument is that even with Bauer's television feats, McClane still outclasses him, which, with empirical evidence in the form of videos and posts listing his feats, I have proven incorrect. You, however, illogically still believe otherwise, and refuse to concede due to not an intelligent argument based on the evidence, but instead a bias.

dadudemon
Lestov, I asked nicely and I have no quarrel. What were Bauer's movie feats?

The 2 hour specials count as movies, for me. So...any 24 episode that was 2 hours, I'll take into consideration.

Saving the east coast from a thermonuclear bomb is not a feat, by the way. The feat would be juggling 15 different experts on the phone while dodging bullets, while killing bad guys with a hand gun that only has 8 bullets, while strangling people, and while disarming the nuke with no prior knowledge of the nuke's design.

That would be the feat/s. Just saying, "he saved the east coast from a bomb" is not a feat...unless you meant he was like Mr. Fantastic with invulnerability and covered up the bomb and absorbed the whole blast.

Lestov16
I've already stated at numerous times that I'm willing to dismiss Bauer's television feats if you conceded that if Bauer retained those his television feats, he would outclass McClane, which is true.

Your argument is that even with Bauer's television feats, McClane still outclasses him, which, with empirical evidence in the form of videos and posts listing his feats, I have proven incorrect. You, however, illogically still believe otherwise, and refuse to concede due to not an intelligent argument based on the evidence, but instead a bias.

Lestov16
Originally posted by dadudemon
i can easily replace that with "stopped thermonuclear world war"

Sadako of Girth
SADLY........................

No.

There have been numerous Star Wars threads on this forum which have allowed characters to retain their EU feats. And it was already stated that TV-Movies count as movies (which is why Bauer is allowed in the first place) So, nice try...

So when did McClane stop Thermonuclear WWIII last? laughing out loud
Happily, yes.

The moderation staff were quick to close or mod those threads.
And the rules were amended since. Check out the MVF rules, if you choose not to believe.

That'll probably be DH5. smile Probably why he is in Russia.

Lestov16
You still have yet to explain how McClane beats Bauer in anything, based on screenfeats, so....

Bauer Wins smile

the ninjak
I think this thread detracts from what makes the Movie Vs Forum fun.

Lestov16
All I've done is post empirical feats and evidence. Not my fault people are choosing to ignore it. I've done nothing different than any other versus thread on this forum. My opponents have a bias

the ninjak
Which is why it's a circular debate. A snake eating its tail.

It's best to end these with a "guess we must agree to disagree" pact.

Only 3 of you are involved in this fight, but if you guys are having fun so be it. But I don't see this coming to a conclusion. Personally this fight also dangerously crosses into All-Versus Forum territory.

If McClane had a TV series I don't see it being all that different to 24.

You've done a good job debating Bauer though. But there is a reason why I choose to ignore such threads.

Lestov16
I understand how much this verges on AVF territory, but that is why I took measures to make sure there was no confusion. I made a video containing a good amount of his feats, and also listed them.

Would one not do the same on any other debate in this forum, if one of the posters said "I didn't see the movie, could you tell me his feats?" Wouldn't one post videos and such as empirical evidence? Can such evidence just be ignored because the poster has a bias?

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak
Which is why it's a circular debate. A snake eating its tail.

Ouroboros.

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak
I think this thread detracts from what makes the Movie Vs Forum fun.

Agreed, the tomfoolery has gone sour and it's turned ugly. Best to close, imo.

Lestov16
Sometimes you gotta forfeit....smile

And note any ugliness came on you guys part. All I've done is post evidence

Robtard
Come on, guy. You had meanness yourself. No hard feelings though.

Lestov16
Perhaps the thread has gotten a bit too serious......

(Bauer still retains victory though smile )

dadudemon
All I've done is post empirical feats and evidence.

You have not posted "empirical feats". no expression

Sadako of Girth
You still have yet to explain how McClane beats Bauer in anything, based on screenfeats, so....

Well its multilayered yet simple. McClane has lots of very impressive ones that qualify; Bauer doesn't.
Originally posted by dadudemon
You have not posted "empirical feats".

Perhaps the thread has gotten a bit too serious......

Thats like Michaelangelo stepping away from the Cistine chapel ceiling and saying: "Someones made that ceiling a bit too arty"

smile

And DDM is actually right here, rightfully noting what has been said all along. yes

Lestov16
At no point during that post did you state how McClane outclasses Bauer based on screenfeats. Then again, considering he doesn't, I could see where you would find some difficulty laughing

Based on screenfeats, Bauer wins, literally all day, every day

Kazenji
Hello world....meet the new RJ.

Sadako of Girth
I just did. And the Die Hard Movies do.
(Twice as impressive by your standards to, as they are shown on both in movie theaters, AND on the TV - a format you think qualifies as legit here, rendering DH double the win in your world)

Bauer wins by screenfeats?
'Except he doesn't for a lack of them.'
(And Jack "weak ticker" Bauer cannot kill the unkillable, break the unbreakable. Which by screenfeats, McClane actually IS. )

But hey...ignore the big nasty men's evil words, and go back to believing that Bauer isn't simply a small screen McClane imitation. It will bring you happiness.
smile

Lestov16
Originally posted by Placidity
Jack Bauer wins, not even close. 10/10 for Jack in all except maybe for the H2H fight, I'd say 9/10.

Originally posted by Odekahn

And they are actually right here, rightfully noting what has been said all along smile

Sadako of Girth
Not so, as they're wrong.

Besides: These guys have more movie screenfeats than Bauer:
4WNLtLHHprc

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Kazenji

Certainly seems that way.

Lestov16
I just did. And the Die Hard Movies do.
(Twice as impressive by your standards to, as they are shown on both in movie theaters, AND on the TV - a format you think qualifies as legit here, rendering DH double the win in your world)

I don't give a phuck what the format is. I doubt you do either. It's just that you are so desperate for a win that you are willing to apply bootom-of-the-barrel debating tactics.

Sorry. Only thing John's taking is a "McLoss" here smile (And no aspirin either)

Bauer wins by screenfeats?
'Except he doesn't for a lack of them.'

So I can accept this as concession that you are ignoring Bauer's feats smile

Bauer isn't simply a small screen McClane imitation.
smile

Which is why McClane had to move on from fake terrorists to real ones in DH4, like some kind of Bauer imitation or something laughing

Lestov16
Not so, as they're wrong.

Besides: These guys have more movie screenfeats than Bauer:

Why yes! Please do keep ignoring Bauer's feats! It definitely solidifies your argument laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
No need to. The countering McArguments presented earlier sufficed plentifully.

Please do keep not knowing how to play the MVF game (IE Ignoring the rules...it may falsely give you hope in your own mind that a man who died three times due to a weak ticker is gonna have a chance against the unkillable McClane, a the most jammy bastard who ever lived, and who is skilled enough to kill everyone he faces, often in popcorntastic, thrilling, entertaining ways that keep putting asses on seats at the movie theater movie after movie..)

If ever a Bauer movie comes out it'll have to be called "Die Easy".. smile

Lestov16
Indeed. They did suffice. It was shown that Bauer will clearly manhandle McClane in eveyrhting, which is, of course, why you have went into "Feat-Ignoring" mode

None of that has anything to do with their actual screen feats.

And as far as durability goes, when did Bauer have to take a 15 minute time-out to whine to a fat cop?

And as far as "killing everyone they've encountered" is concerned, Bauer has a much higher killcount

Like I stated, just keep ignoring his feats smile. It is working wonders in making your argument believable laughing out loud

Lestov16
Originally posted by Kazenji

May I ask how you reached this conclusion?

Sadako of Girth
Indeed. They did suffice. It was shown that Bauer will clearly manhandle McClane in eveyrhting, which is, of course, why you have went into "Feat-Ignoring" mode

None of that has anything to do with their actual screen feats.

And as far as durability goes, when did Bauer have to take a 15 minute time-out to whine to a fat cop?

And as far as "killing everyone they've encountered" is concerned, Bauer has a much higher killcount

Like I stated, just keep ignoring his feats smile. It is working wonders in making your argument believable laughing out loud

Yet it wasn't. And look what happened to every other character who attempted to manhandle McClane. There IS a pattern you choose to ignore.

It does.

For that matter: When did McClane?

Not here, he doesnt.... and 192 hours of Mcclane proportionally would have killed higher. smile

My argument works wonders in making my argument believeable. Everything else is simply adherence to the specified rules, which you ignore.. We've seen this McButthurt before. That is what Kaz refers to...among other attributes.

Lestov16
Yet it wasn't. And look what happened to every other character who attempted to manhandle McClane. There IS a pattern you choose to ignore.

So if McClane kills scores of people, he's some uber-badass, but if Jack kills even more scores of people, all of a sudden those feats aren't applicable?

Clearly no bias here laughing

It does.

No, the viewing format doesn't matter towards anything

For that matter: When did McClane?

When Sgt. Can't-See-What-He's-Shooting-At gave his backstory...

Not here, he doesnt.... and 192 hours of Mcclane proportionally would have killed higher. smile

Yes he does, becuase he's shown it onscreen. And that's pure speculation with no base to it. You may as well be saying that Mcclane can transform into a fire-breathing dragon made of ice cream

My argument works wonders in making my argument believeable. Everything else is simply adherence to the specified rules, which you ignore.. We've seen this McButthurt before. That is what Kaz refers to...among other attributes.

All I've done is post feats. You've ignored evidence

It's quite clear who is experiencing the biased "McButthurt" here smile

Sadako of Girth
So if McClane kills scores of people, he's some uber-badass, but if Jack kills even more scores of people, all of a sudden those feats aren't applicable?

Clearly no bias here laughing

Well...cause the rules say no TV series.

When you play chess, do you suddenly and randomly give you bishops Queen power, jus coz?
The rules in place for a reason. No point other wise.

You say fifteen minutes which exaggerates the length by about 3 times.

nope figures dont lie. McClane would have more kills in his 192 hrs than Bauer would, if given them...

The cited feats are very generic of McClane but McClane beats Bauer..

Yes it is..and I would imagine that you're sitting on a rubber ring right now trying to sooth it..aren't you...

Lestov16
Okay. 5 minutes......nope. Still time that would have been wasted.

Really now? Cause in DVD Audio commentary for Die Hard with a Vengeance, screenwriter Johnathan Hensleigh stated that in the Die Hard formula, the plot over unfolds in 12 hours

Now if we take McClane's killcounts (except for DH4, which definitely took more than 12 hours (and in which he also killed the 2nd least amount of people (11) laughing out loud ))

Let's see:

Die Hard: 10
Die Hard 2: 24
Die Hard with a Venegenace: 13

Let's look at Jack

Day 6 (12 hours from 6:00 PM-6:00 AM): (and this isn't including his 7 kills before that): 43

Check your facts laughing

See that's really the thing though. I have checked my facts. I've even presented them. You won't check your facts. You don't know the evidence, yet you are still making the absurd claim that McClane is better than Bauer, based entirely on a bias.

But you accuse me of trolling....

Based on screen feats

Jack Bauer H2H fight:

https://vimeo.com/43532127
14:00-14:50
25:15-25:30
44:27-46:05
47:20-47:50
51:48-53:22

John McClane H2H fight
OXIcaOzFVeQ

Bauer will overpower Mcclane and snap his neck

H2H-Bauer

Gunfight-Bauer

Melee fight- Bauer

Of course

Any questions? smile

Get back to me when you actually become aware of the evidence. until then, any opinion you have is biased and thus moot

Sadako of Girth
Did Bauer die much in that series...?

Your evidence is inadmissable and moot.

Lestov16
If you keep ignoring it, of course.

I am taking this to mean that if the evidence was admissable to you, you'd admit that Bauer would massacre McClane.

So Bauer wins smile

Sadako of Girth
Ignored or unignored it amounts to the same hill of beans.

Of course you would, but you'd of course be wrong.

Nope. McClane wins.
Bauer cannot kill the unkillable.

Lestov16
Based on the feats, of course you are wrong...

And if you say they are inadmissiable, you're just saying that you have to gimp Bauer of his feats for McClane to even have a chance laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
No. Thats what you're saying. And again, you're wrrrrrrrrrrrrronnng. smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>