Green Lanterns vs Blue Lanterns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Ok I know, or at least thought I knew, the basics of both the corps abilities. However I have a coworker who has gotten me into a heated debate the past 3 days over the blue lantern corps and their being the "most powerful of all the lanterns". I countered with their power may have the greatest potential of all the lanterns but that's kinda moot without the green backing their plays.

To my knowledge the blues are only capable of healing red lanterns, draining yellow lanterns power, space travel flight life support and showing peoples greatest hopes. Without a green lantern around to amp up. My friend believes and constantly debates that they are the strongest so they could beat any other lantern including green. Among his arguments is they have rebirth a star without assistance. He claims they can blow up green lantern rings by overloading them to fast and are able to also manifest constructs as green lanterns do when in close proximity to one. Those are news to me. confused

My argument with him is "Whatever their potential, its nearly meaningless without green lanterns to utilize it." I've also constantly went back to examples of blue lanterns needing green lanterns assistance and having read both Ganthet and Atrocitus saying Hope is nothing without will.

So help me out here. Am I really that wrong?

Is this really a fight the blue lantern can win?

Slaanesh
blue lantern isn't that powerful without a green lantern nearby..they are in fact the weakest..they can't activate their attack ability..but if a green lantern is nearby..they are more powerful than almost any other lantern..and they do create construct..saint walker create one in Green Lantern New Guardian #9

Entity
OK so Jordan was with them, atleast on the planet, when they rebirth the star! Not sure exactly how big the planet was or even how far away Hal was from them but its still shows atleast once again a gl had to be around.

So any ideas on exactly how far away a green lantern has to be before a blue can't benefit from his will power?

Are there ANY examples of Blue Lanterns doing anything impressive without a Green Lantern or around? Even just one?

And back to the question, can a Blue Lantern handle a Green in a fight?

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Entity
OK so Jordan was with them, atleast on the planet, when they rebirth the star! Not sure exactly how big the planet was or even how far away Hal was from them but its still shows atleast once again a gl had to be around.

So any ideas on exactly how far away a green lantern has to be before a blue can't benefit from his will power?

Are there ANY examples of Blue Lanterns doing anything impressive without a Green Lantern or around? Even just one?

And back to the question, can a Blue Lantern handle a Green in a fight?

i have no idea how far..

no..they are weak without a green lantern..they only have defensive capability..they need the green to unlock their offensive capability..

a blue lantern would beat a green lantern any time..they are more powerful..this one time..Guy,Killowog and Arisa try to contain Bleez and fail..but Brother Warth subdue her with one hand..that's how powerful they are..

Lord Feron
They seem to be the ultimate support class. No one around meh but with other guys they become uber. Like opposite ninja effect lol. THey are strong if facing against another lantern but if alone againt say someone like Powergirl, they would get rocked.

Sounds like They would beat a gl in combat.

Board Walker
Can other lantern powers combine with blue lanterns? Similar to how green lanterns can power a blue lantern, could a yellow or purple or red lantern combine their powers with a blue?

rotiart
Originally posted by Board Walker
Can other lantern powers combine with blue lanterns? Similar to how green lanterns can power a blue lantern, could a yellow or purple or red lantern combine their powers with a blue?

To be honest I'd doubt it. Think about te implications. Green empowers blue because hope is like faith. The stronger your will the stronger your hope...

Having hope can heal your anger (heal red lantern)
Or take away your fear (depower yellow)

So far it really reads like they are playing off how emotions are portrayed so I'd doubt blue empowers anyone else... Maybe white... But that's all I can fogure

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.