Arm-Wrestling Tournament

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheHulk
Round 1

1)Thor vs Hercules

2)The Hulk vs The Juggernaut

3)Doomsday vs Superman

4)Captain Marvel vs Black Adam

Round 2

Winner Number 1 vs Winner Number 2

Winner Number 3 Vs Winner Number 4

Finale Round

The Last 2 Whoever Might Be?

Prize? A Night With All Marvel And DC Super Female Heroes.

Who Wins?

ColossusGrundy
Supes and Cap Marvel will end up in the finals and a stalemate ensues.

TheHulk
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Supes and Cap Marvel will end up in the finals and a stalemate ensues. That Does Not Make Any Sense...

Mshinu
Originally posted by TheHulk
Prize? A Night With All Marvel And DC Super Female Heroes.

With that kind of motivation Juggy will reach Trion levels and snap the arm of all opponents.

Stoic
The Hulk wins.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Stoic
The Hulk wins. And Gets The Girls

PillarofOsiris

until Superman stops holding back anyway.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9/98086/1968978-pos_046_13_super.jpg

Diesldude
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
until Superman stops holding back anyway.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9/98086/1968978-pos_046_13_super.jpg didnt even break a sweat.

JakeTheBank
You guys realize that Captain Marvel, Jr. and Mary Marvel arrived on the scene just prior to Superman winning? And them being powered up in their Marvel forms forces the Power of Shazam to be split amongst them?

DarkSaint85
Superman speed blitzes them

8swords

wathaf*#k? how can they both be in the finals?

oh and supes and hulk are the finalist for me

not sure who wins though, if its a long wrestle hulk but I'm not
sure IF supes manages to one shot hulk ( havent been reading superman for a while ) stick out tongue

ankur29
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You guys realize that Captain Marvel, Jr. and Mary Marvel arrived on the scene just prior to Superman winning? And them being powered up in their Marvel forms forces the Power of Shazam to be split amongst them?

thumb up

... lol @ superman fans, and their out of context crap and holding back BS.

In all appearances featuring both they have always been shown as equal.

juggerman
Juggernaut wins it all. Forward momentum and all

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by juggerman
Juggernaut wins it all. Forward momentum and all

He has to start moving first. Superman, with his faster reaction times, will win before Cain has even realised the bell has gone. evil face

juggerman
Hmmmmmm interesting theroy...

abhilegend
You realize that cap was amping himself with the stamina of atlas, right?

Magnon
Superman wins the tournament, but refuses the prize.

DickBlazer
Once juggs starts moving. No stopping

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DickBlazer
Once juggs starts moving. No stopping

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He has to start moving first. Superman, with his faster reaction times, will win before Cain has even realised the bell has gone. evil face

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend

Which is still a part of his own power set for one thing and it was the one and only time he needed to do so in order to match Superman physically in comics.

Him using the Stamina of Atlas to amp his physical strength, if you want to assume that he absolutely needs to in order to match Superman's strength, which would be kind of silly considering all the other times he didn't need to, it wouldn't be a strike against him. No more than Silver Surfer using the Power Cosmic to augment his strength or Cable using telekinesis or Hulk getting angrier or any other self producing amp any other character in comics has.

The point is using that scene as evidence for Superman beating him once he stops holding back and without breaking a sweat is disingenuous and faulty due to the context involved, context being Mary and Freddy being powered up and therefore forcing the totality of the Power of Shazam to be split amongst the three of them instead of Billy having all of it.

ankur29

That is the single instant i recall of him ever saying that he powerstacked against SM

abhilegend
Which is still a part of his own power set for one thing and it was the one and only time he needed to do so in order to match Superman physically in comics.

Him using the Stamina of Atlas to amp his physical strength, if you want to assume that he absolutely needs to in order to match Superman's strength, which would be kind of silly considering all the other times he didn't need to, it wouldn't be a strike against him. No more than Silver Surfer using the Power Cosmic to augment his strength or Cable using telekinesis or Hulk getting angrier or any other self producing amp any other character in comics has.

The point is using that scene as evidence for Superman beating him once he stops holding back and without breaking a sweat is disingenuous and faulty due to the context involved, context being Mary and Freddy being powered up and therefore forcing the totality of the Power of Shazam to be split amongst the three of them instead of Billy having all of it.
Which still denotes that the default strength of cap is below superman like everytime else. If you want to go technical, its before superman realised that he has mental blocks to supress his true strength. So a handicapped superman stalemated an all out amping captain marvel. Considering how characters' powers vary from writer to writer and its right along the general portrayal of superman/captain marvel rivalry, I don't understand why its so surprising that superman was depicted as superior to cap.

JakeTheBank
Which still denotes that the default strength of cap is below superman like everytime else. If you want to go technical, its before superman realised that he has mental blocks to supress his true strength. So a handicapped superman stalemated an all out amping captain marvel. Considering how characters' powers vary from writer to writer and its right along the general portrayal of superman/captain marvel rivalry, I don't understand why its so surprising that superman was depicted as superior to cap.

I'm pretty sure Ordway's point was simple enough in showing that Cap and Superman were stalemating in a direct contest of strength until Freddy and Mary arrived, which is the entire point of my reply.

If you think Cap needs to be amped in order to match Superman's strength, that's certainly your prerogative though.

abhilegend
Originally posted by ankur29
That is the single instant i recall of him ever saying that he powerstacked against SM
Its the second of the two armwrestling matches between them and the only on panel showing between the two of them. Its more significant than you think.

abhilegend
I'm pretty sure Ordway's point was simple enough in showing that Cap and Superman were stalemating in a direct contest of strength until Freddy and Mary arrived, which is the entire point of my reply.

If you think Cap needs to be amped in order to match Superman's strength, that's certainly your prerogative though.
I think I can understand what ordaway tried to do there perfectly. If you want to dismiss because you think that it doesn't fit with their overall portrayal, then good for you. Perhaps, I can dismiss thor stalemating an amping hulk for one hour because later a base level professor hulk with savage banner limitation stalemated thor for one hour too.

JakeTheBank
I think I can understand what ordaway tried to do there perfectly. If you want to dismiss because you think that it doesn't fit with their overall portrayal, then good for you. Perhaps, I can dismiss thor stalemating an amping hulk for one hour because later a base level professor hulk with savage banner limitation stalemated thor for one hour too.

...what?

laughing out loud

I'm not dismissing it at all. It happened, on panel, and is canon (well for pre-DCnU). But it certainly isn't consistent nor does it really make sense as that's the one and only time Cap ever needed to "power stack" with Atlas' strength in his history to directly match Superman. If you think that he needs to explicitly do that in every confrontation with him in spite of him not doing so but the one time, go for it. It doesn't make sense to me personally, but no skin off my back.

What does Thor stalemating Hulk have to do with this convo at all, though? Outside of me liking Thor (which I'm pretty sure is the only reason why you brought it up to begin with)?

biensalsa
Doomsday and He goes and kills all the female characters.

Or Superman because he gets rids of his limitations and has a power spike but winner is on match 3

abhilegend
...what?

laughing out loud

I'm not dismissing it at all. It happened, on panel, and is canon (well for pre-DCnU). But it certainly isn't consistent nor does it really make sense as that's the one and only time Cap ever needed to "power stack" with Atlas' strength in his history to directly match Superman. If you think that he needs to explicitly do that in every confrontation with him in spite of him not doing so but the one time, go for it. It doesn't make sense to me personally, but no skin off my back.

What does Thor stalemating Hulk have to do with this convo at all, though? Outside of me liking Thor (which I'm pretty sure is the only reason why you brought it up to begin with)?
Well, it certainly fits the bill with how superman/cap rivalry has played out post crisis. Its one out of two instances where they arm-wrestled and perhaps the only one in which they both were going all out. So quite important after all. In their fights there are often many variables present, so they are not usable for strength comparisons. Well both thor and hulk might meet in this tournament as they are participants too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.