Iron Fist vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Danny doesn't have the Iron Fist, but can still chi amp.

Who wins?

red sabre
Cap wins

cdtm
Originally posted by red sabre
Cap wins

Because of the shield?

Or does that not make a difference?

red sabre
doesnt make difference, his physical states along with his skills are too much even for danny, his only hope is the iron fist

cdtm
He can chi amp without the Iron Fist, though.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by cdtm
He can chi amp without the Iron Fist, though.

Not enough to matter.

cdtm
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Not enough to matter.

It was enough to send Sabertooth flying, so a significant power increase.

It was also enough to break ribs and defeat Steel Serpent when he stole the Iron Fist, and SS was tanking Spidey's best attacks.

cdtm
Not to mention, even without the Iron Fist he's still a bullet timer.

And the inferior Steel Serpent was strong enough to catch Spidey with one hand, use him as a club, and throw him into a tree. Even without the Iron Fist, Danny is super human.

DTM
Id go with Cap even if Danny had the Iron Fist here (as Caps shield is the perfection defense against that).

h1a8
Originally posted by DTM
Id go with Cap even if Danny had the Iron Fist here (as Caps shield is the perfection defense against that).

Not against someone who is arguably as skilled as Cap. Remember counter attacks and combos are part of h2h fighting as well. The shield can't protect Cap under such things.

DTM
A Shield cant be used to protect someone from HTH attacks? Not just a shield, but THE SHIELD, in Caps supremely skilled hands? Nah, not buying that personally. Not saying itll be easy, but with the Shield Cap takes down Iron Fist with or without the use of the IF, IMHO.

Mindset
Iron foot.

YFZ 350
Cap wins.

Hulkbuster1
Iron fist has healing factor which caps doesnt.
He is stronger.
And he knows various martial arts combat while caps fighting style is like steven seigal just faster and more agile.
imo Captain america gets fisted to death.

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
Iron fist has healing factor which caps doesnt.
He is stronger.
And he knows various martial arts combat while caps fighting style is like steven seigal just faster and more agile.
imo Captain america gets fisted to death.

Strange post.

I give Danny 7/10 over Steve. Danny is at least equal in most every category, somewhat better in durability (especially with how fast he can heal himself) and significantly better in speed.

Steve's raw strength and willpower are his x-factors.

cdtm
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Strange post.

I give Danny 7/10 over Steve. Danny is at least equal in most every category, somewhat better in durability (especially with how fast he can heal himself) and significantly better in speed.

Steve's raw strength and willpower are his x-factors.

I don't think Danny can heal without the Iron Fist, which he doesn't have here.

His natural chi amping is pretty impressive, though. Even the swordswoman, Colleen Wing, is able to amp herself to move a giant, fully stocked book shelf, and at least some of that she retained from a mind meld with Danny (Although in the example I'm thinking of, she cited her grandfathers teachings..)

Deadline
and Cap does have a healing factor.

cdtm
He has accelerated healing, but nothing like Wolverines healing. Serious damage wouldn't heal up in the same fight, although it may within a day or so.

Mindset
I don't think Danny can heal without the Iron Fist, which he doesn't have here.

His natural chi amping is pretty impressive, though. Even the swordswoman, Colleen Wing, is able to amp herself to move a giant, fully stocked book shelf, and at least some of that she retained from a mind meld with Danny (Although in the example I'm thinking of, she cited her grandfathers teachings..) The Iron Fist has nothing to do with healing.

The IF is a product of his chi, they are two separate things.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
The Iron Fist has nothing to do with healing.

The IF is a product of his chi, they are two separate things.

The IF basically augments his chi. Essentially, he adds the dragons chi to his own, giving him a bigger well of chi to draw from.

I'd guess even without the dragons chi added to his own, he can still heal. But, I've never seen him do it in a comic, so I can't say for certain how well chi healing with a more limited pool of chi would work.

cdtm
laughing

Mindset
The IF basically augments his chi. Essentially, he adds the dragons chi to his own, giving him a bigger well of chi to draw from.

I'd guess even without the dragons chi added to his own, he can still heal. But, I've never seen him do it in a comic, so I can't say for certain how well chi healing with a more limited pool of chi would work. What?

The dragon's chi is his chi. There is like a well of chi that he accesses all his powers from, I'm pretty sure this was mentioned in Immortal Iron Fist.

cdtm
What?

The dragons chi is his chi.

Normally, yes.

But in this fight, he doesn't have the dragons chi. (Like the times Davos stole the Iron Fist.)

Mindset
If he can chi amp then he has the dragon's chi.

The IF is just one application of the dragon's chi.

cdtm
If he can chi amp then he has the dragon's chi.

The IF is just one application of the dragon's chi.

o_o But Danny can chi amp without the dragons chi, too. He's done it against Sabertooth in the 90's, when his normal IF was fizzling out for some reason.

And like I said earlier in the thread, Colleen Wing learned to use her chi to enhance her strength. And a lot of her chi amping skills were learned from a mind meld with Danny.

Do you think Davos could ever hope to compete with Danny if he couldn't amp his stats with chi? Or catch Spidey and use his body as a club?

You can think of it as Danny before he faced the dragon, or between periods when Davos stole the Iron Fist power from him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.