losing weight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
well, over the past month or so ive been exercising for 40 minutes a day. ive lost 15 lbs. feels good, id like to lose about 50 more or so.

Julie
I'd like to lose about 3 lbs...but what girl doesn't?

ToMacco
good job, BF.

Jules, you don't need to lose weight if you only need to lose 3 pounds. Tell that ass hole who's telling you that, to go f@$k himself.

BackFire349
3 lbs....you could do that in a day.

Julie
really....well no one told me that....but thanks for the concern TO....it's just something I thought.....really I don't worry....

ToMacco
You do not need to lose 3 pounds.

BackFire349
yeah, 3 pounds isnt noticeable.

Julie
thank you for the vote of confidence.....

Corran
Well done BF. And if it makes you feel good you are not doing it right exercise should be torture.

BackFire349
no it shouldnt, it feels good afterwards, like energizing.

Lara
exercise should be fun!

mah
i'd like to gain some weight

Lara
blink why?

Tex
Your loosing too much weight too fast BF, the faster you loose it, the easier it will be to get it back.
And because your exercising it off, if you stop, it will all turn back into fat.

Gundark
Good job, Backfire ! I'm really proud of you !

Thats a great accomplishment ! Keep at it !!

big grin big grin

Mujaffa
'cause he's so skinny.... wink

Catch 22
Yep, he's right. I lost 40lbs in about 2 months through exercise, but didn't adjust my eating habits at all. Soon as I stopped going to the gym every day I put 28lbs back on in a matter of a couple of months.

Much better to go slow, say 1-2lbs a week and combine healthy eating with a moderate exercise regime (I now go to the Gym just 3-4 times a week) and keep the weight off.

Dexx
i should gain some weight also...
i'm 1.83m tall..(or more) and a lil bit less than 70kg
I exercise every day too.

Catch 22
You're within the correct range for Body Mass Indexing (BMI)

Assuming 69Kg's you have a BMI of 20.6, anything between 18.51 and 24.9 is considered good for the average person.

Asami
Has anyone tried slimfast?
Bet it doesn't work!!!

I saw this show on BBC1 earlier called Diet something where various people try out different ways of dieting, the Rosmary Conly was the best one!

Or try Dr Atkins diets, apparently that works wonders

rusky
Great work BF.... worked for me too... btw, how much is 1 lbs in kilos ?

BackFire349
yeah, thats about what i am losing, just at first i lost a bunch of water weight, but now its slowing down and im losing about 1 pound a week.

Dexx
bwah....these modern appearances just don't seem trustable to me. Electrods, creames and so on....things that lower your weight without you doing nothing.
Can't compare them with some good ole fashion jogging..or push-ups....whatever.
And last but not least...non fat mealssmile

BackFire349
yeah, im changing my eating habbits a bit, only one fast food meal a day for me now smile

Dexx
oh...fast foods are criminals

BackFire349
yes they are.

Catch 22
Yep, I use slimfast, but not the way they recommend. I've found that using it just as a calorie counted type meal is better than there 2 meal replacement plan.

So some days I might have Slimfast for lunch, but regular meals the rest of the day, another day I might eat nothing ut Slimfast for all my meals and some days I don't have any slimfast at all.

It suits my lifestyle and I'm losing weight so something must be going right.

It's definitely about lifestyle and eating habits, and metabolism as well. If you have a low metabolism, take no exercise and live on Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and McDonald's then you're gonna end up a porker!!!

Me, I have a low metabolism and I have a job that means I sit at a desk for 8 hours a day so if I don't haul my butt down the Gym, go to a fitness class, or take a walk into town on a regular basis then I'm gonna put on weight.

I also have to watch what I eat. I love Fish & Chips, I love Chinese food, I love Pizza and I love a good Korma. All high fat foods which pile on the lbs so I need to ensure I moderate my intake.

Others might have a kmore efficient energy burning body and can eat a lot more and not gain an oz, good luck to them, but I have to admit to being just a little jealous.... Happy Dance

dean7879
bloody weight watchers... a bunch a fat arse men and women payin loads of money to be told not to shovel food in to there gobs! Happy Dance

SlipknoT
I should lose some weight...But I'm not.

pinsleepe
losing weight... i hate it. i'm 171 cm. 90 - 63 - 90. i know i will never get 90 - 60 - 90. but i like to eat.

Papaumau
People who need to lose three pounds will ALWAYS need to lose those three pounds and that can lead to anorexia.

I think that as long as you are not flabby there is nothing wrong in a bit of extra weight so long as it is kept under control.

Look at it this way: Some people diet to put weight on in the right places so that they can have optimum bodies for the job or hobby that they do.

As long as you are fit and strong without being too muscly, ( in girls ), most guys will describe you as "fit" in the wider sense of the word. NOBODY likes to get hold of a bony stick-insect.

Look at me...I have always trained and eaten to suit the fact that I compete in Scottish Highland games competitions and be sure... at eighteen and a half stones I am as fit as I can possible be while being the correct weight to do that job.

So folks... don't worry about fat as long as you are fit. Muscle always weighs more than fat does.

http://static.photobox.co.uk/public/images/21/39/9862139.s.jpg

Evy_O
common mistake in diets is that people lose muscle mass rather than fat yes

Moo Cow
My dad tried slimfast, it doesnt work.

Dr Atkins diet has been proven to actually be some what bad for your body. yes, it does help you lose weight because since you are not consuming breads and stuff like that, the nutrience that you would normally get from that, the body is now getting it from the fat stored in the body. But along with that fat, the body is consuming some of your muscle tissue, which isnt good.

manjaro
i tried slimfast, and it didnt do anything but make me run fast............to the toilet that is.(lol) now i just do a few pushups and sit ups b4 i shower everyday, it doesnt yeild any immediate results but if you keep at it for a few weeks you'll see a major diff

Linkalicious
So BF what kind of exercise were you doing in order to lose that weight?

I started gaining weight after high school, with a lot of 2am trips to Del Taco and Jack in the Box. Then for 3 weeks straight I threw my butt on a treadmill for 45 minutes. The pounds tend to fly, though a lot of it is water weight. And you gain definition all over from it.

Running and Swimming worked best , crunches and situps did near next to nothing.

wuTa
it all depends on what works for your body...what works for some people isnt gonna work for others.....thats why slim fast doesnt work on certain people but alot of people think that just by drinking slim fast your gonna lose weight...they dont realize that its just a suppliment....you still have to excercise

Papaumau
Most people know that the tendency to store fat and fluids is connected closely to personal metabolism-rate.

Some people are storers and some people are burners and if you are a burner you can struggle to keep weight on as opposed to the other way in storers.

Being a competetive athlete I need to know what suites me and how I can tackle the storing and burning thing.

When athletes are looking for energy they eat lots of pasta and drink lots of water only using glucose just before a competition, but they don't need to worry about the carbohydrate in pasta or in bread or in potatoes and rice as they deal with these materials easily during the serious training that they do.

The cells in the body that deal with sugars and starches are called Mitochodria, and their job is to metabolise sugars into heat which warms the body as part of the body's natural furnace.

( This is how the Atkins diet works as it cuts down hard on the intake of carbohydrates ! ).

When we are young we have a fair amount of a material called Adipose tissue down our backs and in other places in our bodies, This material is in two types: Brown adipose tissue and white adipose tissue and as young people have more of this material than older people have their metabolism is naturally running faster and is burning off fat at a faster rate, while keeping them warm. ( This is one of the ways that a baby can survive in low temperatures where an older person might not ). As you get older you lose a lot of the most dynamic version of this tissue; the BROWN tissue, ( this is why old people have trouble keeping warm in the winter ).

As people age some lose more of this tissue than others and become storers - finding dieting difficult - others have more and even into old age might still be a comparatively good burner than those who have lost this tissue. Burners stay slim with little exercise and are able to eat almost anything but storers find losing weight very hard and even the smallest intake of food may produce overweight conditions.

Read more about Adipose tissue here:

http://www.sportsci.org/encyc/adipose/adipose.html

Tex
So are you a sexy skinny skank yet BF? smokin'

pinsleepe
i bet he is! he could try to be a model!

Into the Void
I lost 25 pounds over the past few months with minimal exercise. I found the secret to losing wieght. Stop eating so ****ing much. It really works. I'm going to loose a little more wight, and then start exercising, and training. Losing weight really does make you feel better.

Congrats BackFire

manjaro
I FOUND THIS TO BE REFRESHINGLY INFORMATIVE

lil bitchiness
Im on a diet, and i have been for the past 3 months, and i have lost weight..slowly, but i have lost...but im still not happy though, so i got to lose few more pounds...i cant deal with having extra pounds...erm

Phoenix
congrats on your good feeling, but I think you might be losing weight a little too fast. WHATEVER you do, PLEASE don't get a mental/emotional problem - I've been through that hell, and I don't want anyone else to have to go through it. As long as your losing weight healthily and slowly, I'm happy for ya, hun!

Linkalicious
No body likes me....I'm sooo fat. sad

laughingrolling on floor laughinglaughing

Phoenix
*big hugs to Link*

I like you!

yerssot
you like everyone

Phoenix
big grin

*huggles to everyone, and especially yerss!*

Delicious1
I like you! And you aren't fat! mad

§H@Ñ€
hell, my matabilism is really high! i wanna gain weight

Detroit_Byatch
I need to lose like 5 pounds

wuTa
hit the treadmill you fat **** smile

§H@Ñ€
ok, now that just really wasn't funny... no

kinda hurtful

Detroit_Byatch
Yeah don't be mean to Link, he's a great guy

speiderman
I have a good metabolism and I am slim but muscular. I work out three times a week and eat foods with protein in them.

Phoenix
I have a crappy metabolism - I can go for a whole day without eating sometimes. I barely eat anything at meals and I never snack, but I'm still overweight.

Linkalicious
guys, i was joking, i'm not fat. I was doing a scene from BioDome! big grin

pfft...and this is the internet, I don't need to be skinny to be totally kick ass. boxing

yerssot
and what an ass you have eek!

Linkalicious
*cracks wallnut between cheeks*

Damn skippy! flex

yerssot
works those cheeks babey eek!

ash007
yeah so simple eat at a set time, Try to eat fast food once a month and also excercie go to the gym ]

i mean it go every day

Fire
Bf what kinda exercises do you do, don't really need to lose weight (just keep it at my current lvl and burn some fat, for which I can't find an decent exercise)

Iceman22
Gorgeous, you dont need to lose weight.
You're beautiful as you are.

powerfulone1987
I think I have High Matabolism, cause I always stay fairly thin, except for that time i was taking those pills, I blew up, but after i stopped taking them, the weight went away after a while. I was getting scared at first cause i know someone who kept their weight a year or so after they stop taking the same pill.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.