Hi-ho hi-ho, off to the flicks we go....HELLO!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aquitaine
Greetings everyone, hard not to sound cliche on these intros.
I like to be entertained, like a good story, like good performances or adequate for the film/genre, I don't follow, have time for or pay attention to 'the critics'...
Hmmm, OK, well just ask if you want to know anything else. big grin

AsbestosFlaygon
Welcome, newbie.

Patient_Leech
Sup, brah. Welcome. I appreciate your originality. smile

I pay attention to what the critics say, and they do influence me I'm sure, but I sometimes disagree entirely. For example, I neglected to see The Beach for years because of poor reviews (and because Leo DiCaprio was in it, heh, but since he's turned into a damn fine actor I decided to go back and watch it), so I recently saw it for the first time and thought it was excellent (I've never read the book, however).

Aquitaine
I think most people don't realise they are influenced, its subconcious?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Aquitaine
I think most people don't realise they are influenced, its subconcious?

I'm thinking your average casual movie-goer doesn't pay attention to reviews at all. They just go see what looks interesting to them. It's us nut-jobs who obsessively check reviews.. heh. But yes, I'm sure reviews have subconsciously affected me. But sometimes I completely ignore reviews. Another couple examples:

Immortals (I loved it, critics hated it)
Captain America (I hated it, critics loved it)

the ninjak
People are heavily influenced by hype. Few have their own creative opinions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.