The Reprisals that would occur if USPS closed Shop?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
What would be the pro's or the con's if the United States Postal Service ceased to exist?

Discuss.

Stoic
I mean, would it affect the world in a negative way? How would that work? If someone from France decided to mail you a parcel, what would happen? Would that mean that parcel shipments, would become too expansive to send due to customs fees?

inimalist
USPS is one of the major investigative arms of American cyber-security

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by inimalist

So, it would be a good thing?

inimalist
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
So, it would be a good thing?

only if you profit from internet fraud or identity theft

Shakyamunison
only if you profit from internet fraud or identity theft

...and you don't? laughing out loud

inimalist
darkmarket lives!

Stoic

Really? Good to know thanks. (cheesy grin right here) <---.

However, I was talking about the United States Postal Service, and the effects that it would have on the consumer, short term and long term. I thought I made that clear in the opening post... Yeah. I'll ponder the intent. But damn dude you deserve the Mega Grognak Award. Fo Realz.

Omega Vision
Reprisals?

Well first the militants would launch Katayusha rockets into the "safe" zones, then anthrax in the public aquifers.

inimalist
Originally posted by Stoic
Really? Good to know thanks. (cheesy grin right here) <---.

However, I was talking about the United States Postal Service, and the effects that it would have on the consumer, short term and long term. I thought I made that clear in the opening post... Yeah. I'll ponder the intent. But damn dude you deserve the Mega Grognak Award. Fo Realz.

I'm not sure I understand... keeping specifically to what you say above, well, there are obvious consumer end effects that may come from shutting down a major arm of cyber-crime (which the USPS provides). The police force could be streamlined or sent into some kind of disarray, any result will impact consumers of all sorts.

however, your OP and subsequent post pretty much leave the question of "what happens" open to "what would happen if the USPS were gone", one aspect of which is "what about cyber crime"

I'm sorry this isn't the discussion you wanted to have, though, if the intent of this thread is to suggest an end to the USPS, I'd ask you, "what about cyber crime"?

Shakyamunison
...I'm sorry this isn't the discussion you wanted to have, though, if the intent of this thread is to suggest an end to the USPS, I'd ask you, "what about cyber crime"?

Is the the only thing that would happen?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.