Stress Management

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
How do you manage your stress????
Do you pray...meditate, eat, excercise, diet, read, write, shout, drink, drive, laugh hysterically, etc

ToMacco
I talk about it, then try to laugh.

Kind of like how I laugh when Tex tells me he's a man.

BackFire349
i exercise or play video games.

Julie
why do you laugh then?????* confused look*

BackFire349
heres a funny story To might like. when i first started posting here i for some reason thought tex was a girl. i dont know why, maybe because of the whole bjork thing, or maybe cuz of the feminine properties he displays all the time. but i really thought he was a she.

Julie
lol......I sometimes have problems guessing the gender of some of the posters, but I hope not too many people have that problem with me:-)

Corran
You're male aren't you Jules?

Stress relief for me is goods humor or playing sports to use the aggression to relieve it and of course KMC.

Lara
alot of different things, mainly listeneing ot metal music or crying!

Corran
Crying is good, it's a good release.

Lara
idd, but its not something I do freely or on a regular basis. I keep myself to myself!

Ushgarak
Julie, you missed out "Breaking stuff" on that list.

mah
play games, watch anime, listen to music

Ushgarak
(Goes to get stuff-breaking hammer)

Lara
what a masculine thing to do!

Tex
To alleviate my stress, I like to hang out with my hoes BF and ToMaccoraver

Catch 22
I shout, scream, and generally get very, very angry...

Well, you asked. cool wink

mechmoggy
I'll go the gym or go to bed if stressed, other than that I'll get totally rat-arsed, nothing quite relieves stress like getting drunk.

Darth nerf
Sometimes helps to drive out at night to a secluded spot & scream at the top of your lungs.

Or so I've heard ..

Aniica Woodland
pray...... talk to my friends.....

Julie
does all that help you????? I'm not sure what I do...I forget if I'm stressed or not?

Lara
laughing out loud thats always a good thing!

Corran
some of us just forget because we are getting old. sad

GordonSkywalker
Taking long walks helps me when I get stressed out. And lots of prayer and meditation.

Ushgarak
(starts hitting things, singing happily to self)

mechmoggy
*Hugs and tries to calm Ush down*

Ush has a terribly violent side when stressed, he once elbow dropped one of his teddy's from the top bunk of his bunk-beds. There was stuffing everywhere, nasty business.

Ushgarak
Mech, how can you even SAY such things?

(Hugs toy hippo)

Corran
Only cos you are scared of Mr Hippo, it was little pink Bunny that you elbow dropped, and don't even consider denying it, Now is the time you have to confront your demons and admit it to the rest of the nice people here.

Ushgarak
I buy fluffy rabbits for girls.

Captain REX
I have enough REAL rabbits, thank you very much...

I used to relieve my stress by getting really pissed off and getting mad at everyone and then it created more stress and finally...

*head explodes*

Now I hit my pillow instead of my friend. big grin

rusky
Just calm down for a sec.. close u'r yes... imagine u'r strangulating someone to death... then open u'r eyes... u'll be just fine...

mah
thats alot of 'u's...how bout some 'y's and 'o's? wink

Lara
could have done with a punch bag at work on saturday!
I was having a really good day coz I wasnt stuck on a till, I was on Kiosk.
any way, I'd just finished doing a customers lottery ticket abd I turn round to find that my next customer was my ex-BF, I just froze on the spot, I didnt know what to do coz if I did anything other than serve him like an ordinary customer I would have lost my job!

I went round work for the rest of the day feeling like I was gonna spew!

Corran
You OK now though?

Lara
would have been if he hadent of gone round to my friends house and then started to slag me off to her!

Corran
Just let it go, you need to move on and ignore anything he says, do not act as he is and let hiom appear to be the bitter and twisted on.

Next time it happens you should just smile pleasantly and be as nice as you possibly can, if he continues to slag you off and you are being pleasant he will look like a complete arse.

Lara
I know that and I've been there and done that! dont work! last time I saw him was august! so I dont really care .

Asami
This might sound babyish, but it works, I talk to my mum when I'm pissed off, somehow it all feels better afterwards, just letting out whats bugging

Corran
I think talking to anyone you trust works for most things, nice that you are close enough to talk to your mother that way.

Lara
I do talk to my mum by not when I'm p****d off, we end up rubing each other up the wrong way and then we just get into an argument and I think you can guess the rest!

Corran
Yep, but you should have someone you can talk to, whom you trust and do NOT run up the wrong way.

Lara
well, theres always the college shrink! laughing out loud

Corran
I thought that was you.

Lara
eek! how could you even think that? *starts to cry*

mechmoggy
I can rarely speak to anyone in my family, we're just not that close unless there's a real family crisis.

Lara
Oh dear!

Ushgarak
Talk to me. I guarantee I will have you more angry with ME than with your problem inside 30 minutes.

mechmoggy
big grin

I'm not that type of guy really. I tend to keep my problems to myself, I'm not much of a believer in the "shrink" mentality.

I'm a typical bloke Mrs.MM says, I rarely show my feelings to anyone unless they are really special to me, like Mrs.MM and one real buddy.

Lara
Ush! I can definately vouch for that comment! you had me at boiling point in under 5 minutes!

Ushgarak
There, see? Distraction therapy is a wonderful thing.

Corran
Did we all forget about the best stress manangement here?> Bedroom aerobics.

mechmoggy
Are we talking "knockin' boots"? wink

Ushgarak
I do seem to remember a very funny conversation I had with Tex about that last year whilst discussing Edna...

Member.
hm...stress management.

Julie
indeed.....whining.....that only works for so long

Lara
!

Julie
So what do you do.....now Lara...with stress I mean....the methods of management may change from day to day.....

Lara
yeh! some times but I just expell the stress if its not persistant.

Member.
heres what u do. buy a stress ball and when ever u stressed, u can do anthing to the stress bvall and it wont feel a thing.stick out tongue

Lara
thats a valid point they are very effective, but not cheap!

GordonSkywalker
Singing songs with the car radio helps me release stress and tension.

Lara
maybe not quite so enjoyable for any passengers!

GordonSkywalker
Actually I sing quite well, Lara! I was in a band at one time, you remember.

Lara
I wasnt saying that you cant sing I was saying that alot of ppl just want to listen to the radio inpeace. I didnt mean to offend you.

Member.
hm...works both ways.

Lara
sorry I made a F**k up!

Member.
rofl dude.eek!

Lara
whatsa matta w/ you?

GordonSkywalker
I'm not quite sure how to take that.

Lara
how to take what?

GordonSkywalker
The comments about my singing of course! laughing out loud

Lara
no, I missed a few letters off of some of the words so my post came across as something offensive when it wasnt mean to be.

hense: "sorry I made a F**K up!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.