Ghost Rider vs. Wolverine (movie versions)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
http://i49.tinypic.com/2n6w32a.jpg

vs.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24deq79.jpg

--
1. Fight to KO (no penance stare).

2. Fight to the death (ps allowed).

Mr.SunKing
Ghost rider

juggerman
Wolverine was basically unkillable

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by juggerman
Wolverine was basically unkillable

Was he innocent by nature ? Was his soul immune to hellfire and/or the Penance Stare ?
The answer to both these questions in all likelihood is no .

Placidity
GR sends him to hell.

juggerman
did GR ever do the Penance Stare to anyone with a ridiculous healing factor as Wolverine? for all we know it could affect him but not put him down due to his HF

Placidity
did GR ever do the Penance Stare to anyone with a ridiculous healing factor as Wolverine? for all we know it could affect him but not put him down due to his HF

PS is magic, HF is irrelevant.

juggerman
probably GR then. did the PS have any limitations? i dont recall the movie to well. if Wolverine kept his eyes closed and fought that way?

Mr.SunKing
Originally posted by Placidity
exactly
hellfire burns the soul, not the body

TheGodKiller

Penance Stare harms the soul , not the body . Wolverine can heal from physical damage , but can he heal from spiritual damage ?

Also , the answer to your query is : yes he did perform the PS on such a character . The amped Legion-Blackheart was able to reform his body within mere moments of it being blasted apart by a hellfire gun . IIRC , that's a healing feat much bigger than anything we have seen from movie Wolverine so far .

Newjak
probably GR then. did the PS have any limitations? i dont recall the movie to well. if Wolverine kept his eyes closed and fought that way? The only limitation was the person needed a soul, if they didn't have one they were immune if they did have one they were finished.

juggerman
but only if they looked in his eyes right?

TheGodKiller
if Wolverine kept his eyes closed and fought that way?

If that was the case , then Blackheart could have avoided it by closing his eyes when GR had him cornered in their final confrontation .
Its quite simple . The movie clearly implied that any person vulnerable to the stare , once within the GR's grasp , would be unable to escape the stare .

Even while being subjected to the stare , Blackheart repeatedly closed his eyes , screaming and writhing in agony . However that didn't stop the stare . I doubt Wolverine is going to escape it by simply shutting his eyes .

juggerman
ok then Wolverine finally dies

wait now that i think about it the stare already started when Blackheart was closing his eyes so it had already begun to take effect. so if his eyes were never open i doubt the stare would work

Lord Feron
IDk man i only saw the 1st GR move. Nothing really actually harmed him except BH. When he got shot by a hail of bullets it kinda just pissed him off.

IMO stalemate qwithout PS, but with GR wins.

TheGodKiller
ok then Wolverine finally dies

wait now that i think about it the stare already started when Blackheart was closing his eyes so it had already begun to take effect. so if his eyes were never open i doubt the stare would work

Nothing of the sort was implied . If what you're saying is the case , then don't you think Blackheart could have escaped the stare by closing his eyes ?
After all , he is the son of the Devil , and has seen numerous riders come and go , and he would have tremendous knowledge about a rider's abilities .

juggerman
PIS?

this fight seems a little unbalanced to me Wolverine doesnt seem to have much of a chance

TheGodKiller
PIS?
Maybe .

this fight seems a little unbalanced to me Wolverine doesnt seem to have much of a chance
I agree .

juggerman
the only wat Wolverine stands a chance is with the whold "closed eyes" thing i tried to swing and was shot down.

other than that he is reunited with Jean in Hell. Too bad Cyclops is already there and is boning her when he arrives

Placidity
Nah Cyclops is in heaven, Jean said he was a good guy smile

TheGodKiller
Also , even if Wolverine shuts down his eyes , whats to stop GR from simply yanking them open again ? IIRC , GR was shown to have a superhuman level of strength , as he was able to pull a police helicopter with his chain and swing it a great distance away in the air .

juggerman
well i never said it was a 100% but thats the only way he stands a chance

if GR grabs him and tries to forcefully open his eye Wolverine would scratch him! and hard too

TheGodKiller
well i never said it was a 100% but thats the only way he stands a chance

if GR grabs him and tries to forcefully open his eye Wolverine would scratch him! and hard too

I don't think it would have any long-standing effect on him . A mugger tried to stab him with a knife , but the moment he withdrew the knife from GR's shoulder , it melted .
Plus we also don't know what effect hellfire can have on an alien metal compound like the movie adamantium .

juggerman
Well they stated that once the metal cooled down that it couldnt be melted again (tho im sure Hellfire wasnt really an option to them) but since they said that id have to assume thatthat claws wouldnt melt. probably burn the sh!t outta Wolverine tho

and he might be able to lop off GR arms or something to that effect. did GR show any healing feats?

TheGodKiller
Well they stated that once the metal cooled down that it couldnt be melted again (tho im sure Hellfire wasnt really an option to them) but since they said that id have to assume thatthat claws wouldnt melt. probably burn the sh!t outta Wolverine tho

and he might be able to lop off GR arms or something to that effect. did GR show any healing feats?

He was able to heal gunshot wounds . However , in that incident with the mugger , for some strange reason , he retained the knife-stab in his human form .

juggerman
weird

the ninjak
GR in a stomp in both 1 and 2.

gogogadgetgo
so, whats wolverine suppose to slash? GR's jacket?

Ghost Rider would beat Wolverine to a bloody pulp in 1 and turn him into a shell in 2.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Placidity

The amped Legion-Blackheart was able to reform his body within mere moments of it being blasted apart into a hundred pieces by a hellfire gun . IIRC , that's a healing/regenerating feat much bigger than anything we have seen from movie Wolverine so far .

And GR fried this version of Blackheart with the Stare .

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Lord Feron
IDk man i only saw the 1st GR move. Nothing really actually harmed him except BH. When he got shot by a hail of bullets it kinda just pissed him off.

IMO stalemate qwithout PS, but with GR wins.

Actually GR was shown to have superhuman strength in the movie . So , Wolverine's only bet here is to lop off GR's arms quickly before the latter can take action . Now this raises the question : is adamantium vulnerable to hellfire ? If it is , then GR takes both rounds .
If not , then its a possible stalemate in round 1 . And round 2 definitely goes to GR .

Newjak
I never saw Ghostrider 2 so I don't know if anything in that movie would help GR win or lose this match.

Trackz
Ghost Rider also has super speed (demonstrated in the second movie) there's really nothing Wolverine can do here...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.