Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Demonic Phoenix
vUcUz5Vo6iw
Awesome trailer to kick us off.

Gabriel's badass. Pity we won't get to play with him if it is set during the time period shown in the teaser. Looks like that white-haired person will be the new protagonist instead. Alucard?

Phanteros
****ing awesome, I hope that's alucard.

sparko
Looks cool but I want to see video from the actual *gameplay* (btw, this isn't a knock against you Phoenix, I appreciate the share).
But I hate it when companies release a game with great cut scenes and when you go to buy it / rent it the graphics of the actual game sucks.

Demonic Phoenix

Kazenji
Still haven't played the first one of this, i'll get around to it eventually.

Darth Jello
So is this set in 1999?

Phanteros
Originally posted by Darth Jello
So is this set in 1999? Considering they are still using knights, no.

Demonic Phoenix
lmt0aGWywqw

Don't know if I should have made a new thread for this one, but if someone else wants to, go ahead.

Impediment
Want.

Do want.

I do hope that is Alucard.

Demonic Phoenix
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/07/e3-2012-alucard-joins-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate

It's confirmed. The White-haired person who confronts Dracula at the end of the video, is Alucard.

Demonic Phoenix
Xr48joNwppw

~ Alucard is probably a resurrected Trevor Belmont.

Impediment
Will Patrick Stewart and Robert Carlyle reprise their roles?

Demonic Phoenix
Not sure about Patrick Stewart, but Robert Carlyle voices Dracula in Mirror of Fate. He's confirmed to be voicing him in Lords of Shadow 2 as well.

Impediment
Awesome.

I do hope that we see Zobek's return, though.

Kazenji
Premiere of a gameplay will be shown soon.

Kazenji
Xm3s3K63Iyo

Kazenji
http://www.oxm.co.uk/53868/brand-new-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-gameplay-details-in-oxms-latest-issue/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=OXM-News-RSS

Demonic Phoenix
Shame, I liked the 'book' setup of the first game, even if it broke up the flow.

quanchi112
Bring it on. Loved the initial video which demonstrates Gabriel's increased power which I correctly ascertained.

Kazenji
I forgot this was even coming out

been so quiet thought it was coming to the Next gen consoles.

Kazenji
M7Ujh-8iqiY

Demonic Phoenix
Dat music.

Kazenji
Found out that they're releasing the first one on PC

_4Sw5u9N_qU

Demonic Phoenix
tKJdMmHrYCA

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
I forgot this was even coming out

been so quiet thought it was coming to the Next gen consoles. How could you forget about this.

Kazenji
I told you why..........douchbag.

Demonic Phoenix
sllxQ3BH4YU

Kazenji
Might get this one for the PS3 only because i'm running low on HD space for my 360 and no doubt that there will be DLC for it,

Impediment
Holy shit! That demo was amazingly done!

I seriously want this game. Now.

Might get this one for the PS3 only because i'm running low on HD space for my 360 and no doubt that there will be DLC for it,

The first DLC pack for LoS 1 was awesome. I loved the puzzles and what happened to the little vampire girl.

The second DLC was shit. The Forbidden One was cheesy, the fight was weak sauce, and the overall shortness of the level ruined it for me.

Estacado
So they are bringing this to comic-con!
Waiting for some more gameplay.

Estacado
Some screenshots...
http://www.gamer365.hu/album.php?id=54308

Impediment
Holy shit, this game looks better and better with every new screen shot or video I see.

This is on my "Gotta how it NOW" list.

Estacado
Love the new features like free roaming ,controlable camera,button press highlights available platform routes also Dracula's design is awesome.

Demonic Phoenix
Who is the chick with the huge knockers? Could it be Carmilla? Or a Succubus in Brotherhood robes for some reason?

This link implies that it could be Carmilla. http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/18/behold-a-daughter-of-satan-in-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-screenshots/

Estacado
Edit.

Kazenji
This will be the last Castlevania game from MercurySteam

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/07/22/mercurysteam-handing-castlevania-series-over-to-fresh-blood.aspx

Estacado
All 3 weapons have their own combos and their own "skill tree" also each has it's own "combo experience" meaning if you use it often it will become more powerful....sounds great!

http://www.destructoid.com/digging-deeper-into-lords-of-shadow-2-with-dave-cox-258628.phtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Estacado
7DQdRx6fDrg

Estacado
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/kkomen/castlevania--lords-of-shadow-2-robert-carlyle-interview?xrs=playershare_fb

Rewmac
Man you don't need play the game anymore big grin You know more about this flick then MercurySteam smile

Estacado
4RHSXwmed0

Kazenji
Nothings showing.

Estacado
_4RHSXwmed0

Kazenji
Play Asia lists Lords of Shadow Collection....which also includes the 3DS game Mirror of fate & Demo of Lords of Shadow 2

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2013/08/play-asia-lists-castlevania-lords-of.html

i hope Mirror of fate gets released Separately, I'm not buying the collection just for it.

Demonic Phoenix
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/19/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-interview-on-gabriels-vampire-powers-and-surprising-players/

Estacado
Cant wait!
I heard release date got changed to 2014 february...sad

Demonic Phoenix
Yeah, it's been postponed to 2014 February.

Chvi3tjHtoo

Demonic Phoenix
VOfMim_7jww

5:45

Estacado
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Yeah, it's been postponed to 2014 February.

Chvi3tjHtoo
Looks so damn good....so sad that they delayed it..sad

Estacado
pJk-zhp8aA0

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Looks so damn good....so sad that they delayed it..sad Since when did you attach yourself to my Lords of Shadow franchise.

Stealth Moose
I need to finish the first one. Got too distracted with all the other new games, but this looks pretty solid.

Estacado
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I need to finish the first one. Got too distracted with all the other new games, but this looks pretty solid.
You should definetly finish it LOS has one of the best endings ever.

Stealth Moose
Yeah, already I really like the reboot idea. Castlevania is one of my favorite series, but I felt like it went the wrong way after awhile, either being too much like SotN or substandard like Curse of Darkness.

Kazenji
That other Castlevania that's related this series that got released on the 3DS, Is now out on Xbox live & PSN.

quanchi112
You should definetly finish it LOS has one of the best endings ever. I love this series more than you.

Kazenji
Who cares if you have a bigger dick then Estacado.

RedX1852
Robert Carlyle is Voicing the Main \Villain,so thats something to look forward to smile

Estacado
Collectors edition.
http://m.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/10/31/new-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-screens-trailer-collectors-edition

Kazenji
I got that Mirror of Fate yesterday, its a direct sequel to Lords of Shadow

it plays like them metrovania style games and you play as Trevor Belmont son of Gabriel and it seems some other characters later on in the game.

Estacado
I got that Mirror of Fate yesterday, its a direct sequel to Lords of Shadow

it plays like them metrovania style games and you play as Trevor Belmont son of Gabriel and it seems some other characters later on in the game.
Thinking of getting it myself does it come with the LOS 2 demo?

Kazenji
It says it does on the game menu

reading there is a problem with certain regions not receiving the download, The devs are looking into it.

Estacado
Fvyt_Ndpu5g

Estacado
VGvkL71AbEA

Impediment
I finally played the demo and WOW!!!!

I am super excited to play this!

Kazenji
Had to restart my game for Mirror Of Fate, I think it might have been because of an update good thing i wasn't halfway through the game.

Demonic Phoenix
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/castlevania_lords_of_shadow_2/b/ps3/archive/2013/12/16/a-closer-look-at-dracula-39-s-vampiric-powers.aspx

Dracula's major abilities in LoS2.

1) Mist Form - Obvious really.

2) Bat Swarm - Uses bats to temporarily distract enemies ala fairies from the first game.

3) Vampiric Glamor - Used to control unaware enemies. Obviously not a combat power then.

4) Dragon Form - Desperation move ala Dark Crystal from the first game that allows Dracula to transform into a dragon and wipe out all enemies.

5) Shadow Daggers - Daggers ala daggers from the first game.

6) Seal of Alastor - Allows Dracula to use all of his weapon abilities, even the locked ones, for a brief time.

7) Stolas' Clock - Time Slow.

Estacado
Sounds great!
So after maxing out the weapons Seal becomes useless?ermm

Estacado
Preview....
http://www.destructoid.com/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-is-bold-and-uncompromising-268627.phtml

Estacado
3G5i0JKzvos

YcPeA3Ou00E

Tzeentch
It's telling of the times that 20 hours is considered remarkably impressive for a single-player game.

Still, looking forward to this.

Estacado
Its says that story is 20 hours.
I hope we will have side missions since they said npc around the open world are interactable.Also hoping for collectibles which reward you with unique stuff.

Tzeentch
I think 20 hours is impressive even if it incorporated the entire single-player experience.

Relatively speaking. God of War 3 had about 12 hours of content total iirc. Force Unleashed had 6.

Estacado
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I think 20 hours is impressive even if it incorporated the entire single-player experience.

Relatively speaking. God of War 3 had about 12 hours of content total iirc. Force Unleashed had 6.
20 hours damn good IMO .
Most of the games dont even have a 8-10 hour singleplayer experience be it hack n slash ,fps or any genre save the rpg.

That's why I love Darksiders 2 lot of content there.
Like 25-30 hours of stuff to do not including the battle arena.

Estacado
313wank
1PTc3PiqyoU

Demonic Phoenix
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/01/27/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-achievement-list-revealed/71676/

Spoilers in some of the trophies.

fVGMYECZnuA

Estacado
Looking great cant wait!
Only 1 month to go.

Bentley
No quick time events forever, yes?

Estacado
Yeah some of those were nasty.
Hoping for an arena mode those can add some extra gameplay hours.

Demonic Phoenix
iIoO1X_mqTk

Estacado
That looks pretty damn challenging think Im gonna play on easy first.
I found los 1 to be pretty difficult even on normal compared to Dmc 4 and Dmc.

Demonic Phoenix
So I played the PSN demo today.

Dracula's way too floaty when he jumps. Da fuq?

NemeBro
Dracula should be floaty tho

Estacado
The one minor thing that bothered me is when Dracula makes a jump towards the colossus arm and barely reaches made him look kinda meh.....ermm

Estacado
48Ncc4nPmXI

Demonic Phoenix
The one minor thing that bothered me is when Dracula makes a jump towards the colossus arm and barely reaches made him look kinda meh.....ermm

Dude needed to platform across a gap he should have been able to jump across.

Must be lolgameplay. shitsux that Dracula can't wreck shit in-game like he could in the debut trailer.

Impediment
Dude. Game Informer DESTROYED this game in a review. They actually gave it a 6.

This is why I pay no attention to critics.

Kazenji
Only critic that i've found nowadays that's actually decent is Angry Joe.

Tzeentch
well what was their reasoning for Makimg giving it a six? If their reasoning is sound than the number is the number O supppse.

Estacado
I dont give a phuck about reviews for a long time now.
I get the game and decide for myself.

Dude needed to platform across a gap he should have been able to jump across.

Must be lolgameplay. shitsux that Dracula can't wreck shit in-game like he could in the debut trailer.
Yup even in Los 1 when he fought Satan he was like flying around.
Now he is easily more powerful in MOF he dive bombed on Trevor from hundreds of meters using flight now he cant make a 20 m jump....ermm

Impediment
http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/9412/20140211/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-news-first-review-is-in.htm

Also:

"Claims nearly every attempt this game makes to "stray from its fundamental kill room formula ends in failure".

Reviewer loved the first game, said "Unfortunately this sequel is as fresh as a whiff of garlic breath".

Good new combat mechanics but enemies stun locking you out of combos from across the map while you fight with the camera.

Reviewer hates the modern setting, its filled with generic alley ways, factory levels.

Says there was one stealth segment that was the worst of its class. The more traditional Castlevania settings are better.

Says there is one great level with the toy maker, outside of that most of the game is just ground previously covered in the first game.

This shambling monstrosity is composed of chunks from other, better games."
________

I'm still buying this game. I adored the first, and I'm sure I'll adore this.

Estacado
It seems like guy died tons of times cause of the difficulty that's why he is bitchin about it......reviewers often do this give low score because they simply suck at gaming...ermm

Estacado
Minor spoiler alert
qv9IIDjV1zI

Estacado
Lulz....Dracul survives an explosion that is big enough to be seen from space without a scratch.
9iLE81rwDnQ

Demonic Phoenix
XUrmEMLwCFI

Estacado
OFPWYkjMBVo

Estacado
Another shitty review by Edge....4/10
http://wolfsgamingblog.com/2014/02/20/edge-magazine-reviews-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-and-werent-impressed-heres-why/

Demonic Phoenix
So, walkthroughs have been put up. I'm torn between wanting to check out how it actually plays, to not wanting to spoil the story. I've already seen the intro, but it really just spoils the first game and mirror of fate.

Also, did the developers really pass off those sections as stealth?

Kazenji
I got that Gameinformer with the 6/10 review

yeah i'm going just going to ignore most of the reviews for this one and get the game myself.

Estacado
I have seen a 4 hours + walkthrough on youtube and by from it it looks just as good as Los 1.
The stealth section appear like 3 times during the 4 hours like 5 minutes each time they also look like it's easy as hell.
During these sections you have to look for shadows where you can turn into rat to bypass guards and then change back behind them and possess them to open scanning doors or distract a guard with a bat swarm and pass by.

I got this for my haxxbox and gonna try it tomorrow then let you guys know how it plays.

Demonic Phoenix
Yeah, except if that's how those sections are (1 and only 1 solution), wouldn't it be more appropriate to present them as puzzles or stealth-puzzles, instead of actual stealth gameplay? no expression

Also, yeah, the game looks great from what I've seen of it. The GI reviewer's prolly got their head up their ass.

Estacado
I wonder if Gabriel is gonna get revenge on Zobek for tooling him in Los 1....mmm

Estacado
So I popped it in played 2 hours so far game is great.
Camera can be bitchy sometimes but it's not horrible.
Some new stuff you can turn off quicktime events daggers recharge how ever they do less damage they are good for staggering .Batswarm is good for keeping enemies busy however stronger enemies can dismantle them with a hit.Batswarm also recharges quickly.

Estacado
Beat the game took me about 13 hours.
While it has some cool twists Los had better ones.
Ending was a bit of a let down.
Gonna do the challenges now .

New Game+ is available after completing the story after beating the game you can still explore the city/castle if you dont want to start a new game.

Demonic Phoenix
Is the game as enjoyable/good as LoS?

Estacado
Easily.
Puzzles are easy combat is better it has about the same lenght.

Estacado
Im loving this game after beating the story I went back to get the collectibles.
There are 8 locations total 4 castle 4 city each can be reached from a map room if you dont want to go by feet.
Enemies respawn so there is still challenge.
Collectibles include gems (chaos,void,life) some are required to access challenges (kinda like an arena mode)
Example beat 3 armored jailers .
1.Survive
2.Dont use chaos claws
3.After killing one kill another under 20 seconds
4. Previous 3 together.

There are also unlockable dungeons which require key from certain enemies.(Have yet to get one of the keys)

You can also buy dodo eggs at the shop an egg which hatches birds who find collectibles and marks them on your map.

There is also a weapon mastery system for example use a certain combo till you master it then add it to the shadow whip mastery master a few combos at them to the mastery and your weapon does more damage.

Estacado
Lol
So reviewers hate it....mostly cause of stealth.

Scores:
Ign 6.5
Gamespot 7
Gamesradar 3/5
Edge 4/10
Gameinformer 6

What makes this laughable is that gameplay wise it's the exact game as Los with "stealth" and an open world.Combat is better.Yet Los is like an 8.5 game.haermm

Through out the whole game there are max 7-8 stealth sections each require max 3-5 minutes to pass through they can be bit annoying but its not that bad as they say.

Demonic Phoenix
They do have some fair points though.

Most of the city-based environments are lackluster, and stealth makes no sense in the latter half of the game; not when Dracula's more than capable of punching holes in a 30m beast, yet is incapable of hurting those Golgoth guards. Golgoth Guards > Dracula > Satan. haermm

The Agreus section is lulzy. Dracula has to sneak past Agreus or else he'll be one-shotted by Agreus, but just a few minutes later, he crushes Agreus' skull easily.

That said, giving such low scores because of those annoying sections is stoopid. LoS2 isn't as good as LoS was as a whole, but it's still an enjoyable game.

Estacado
Just beat new game plus on prince of darkness difficulty it was fairly easy.
It sucks that weapon mastery doesnt carry over though.Also like that dragon scales can be bought too bad there is only 3 from relics in the shop.

Los had a better story definetly however the Alucard twist and the whole trick Satan was pretty cool.

Kazenji
The game doesn't come out until next week for me

but i've read about a trophy/Achievement that can be missable

The one for....... Classic Flavor
Cook a chicken in the old style.

Estacado
It's part of the story you have to kill a bird with a projectile I guess you can kill it with simple daggers then though I auto fried it with teh claws.

Damn these challenges can be annoying on Pod difficulty.

Kazenji
It's part of the story you have to kill a bird with a projectile I guess you can kill it with simple daggers then though I auto fried it with teh claws.

From what i'm reading you have to kill it with the chaos fireball but kill it with anything else, you will have to wait until NG+

Estacado
Yup luckily for some reason I chose the fireball without knowing about the achievement.
I only have the challenges and 110% completing left for a 1000.

Still have 8 challenge left I think Im gonna go apeshit today...haermm

Estacado
One of the most annoying challenge has to be the one where you can only kill a bigger enemy if you freeze it freezing lasts for 3 seconds so the best tactic is.
Switch to mist by pressing d pad right then lb hold rt direction and x then you have 3 seconds to press rb then press d pad up hold rt direction and x while his minions jump around you making the lock on harder.

Impediment
They do have some fair points though.

Most of the city-based environments are lackluster, and stealth makes no sense in the latter half of the game; not when Dracula's more than capable of punching holes in a 30m beast, yet is incapable of hurting those Golgoth guards. Golgoth Guards > Dracula > Satan. haermm

The Agreus section is lulzy. Dracula has to sneak past Agreus or else he'll be one-shotted by Agreus, but just a few minutes later, he crushes Agreus' skull easily.

That said, giving such low scores because of those annoying sections is stoopid. LoS2 isn't as good as LoS was as a whole, but it's still an enjoyable game.

This pretty much sums it all up.

The stealth sections are kinda dull and make you wonder why.

Gabriel can kill Gorgons, Satan's Daughter, and others but can't kill a Golgoth Guard.

Agreus' stealth section almost made me throw my controller against the wall not only was it so damn tedious and unnecessarily hard, but the repeated dialogue was so damn cheesy.

That said, I just defeated Agreus and am still playing this game.

All in all, LoS 2 is not better than the first, but is still a solid game. As of right now, I'll give it a generous 8.

Impediment
I just finished the Toy Maker level.

Freakin' awesome!

Estacado
Damn I have 3 challenges left Im literally screaming during them....

Impediment
The ending kinda pissed me off, but this was a good game.

So, what happens now that Gabriel didn't die? Lords of Shadow 3?

Estacado
Yeah it was kinda dull.
It was like Ok I killed Death and Satan lets call it a day.Now lets go home.

Liked how there was a boss fight like every 30 minutes.

Kazenji
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2's Allegedly Troubled Development Exposed, Studio Director Blamed

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/28/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-dev-discusses-troubled-development-blames-director-for-mediocre-game/

Estacado
Lulz the game being shit is harsh...if they decided to leave out stealth it would have gotten better reviews.

Kazenji
Yeah.... they need to be shown that Rambo game now that's shit.

Estacado
Game is a solid action game it deserves 8 points 7 at worst.
But 4 and 6?
Hell nah.

For me it's 8,5.

Estacado
If you just wanna have fun enter the cheat menu combination and get god mode.
http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=569066

Nemesis X
http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=569066

I like to work for my progress thank you very much.

Estacado
Read before saying something stoopid.
It disables the achievements.none

Anyways I beat all challenges on Pod the Paladin challenge was pain in the ass but the variety of moves and relics make it easy so you can always find a way.
Only missing 4 diaries for the 110% and the 1000 gs.

Badabing
http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=569066 The Konami code is good for most of their games.

Use the Konami code on this site. biscuits

http://www.vogue.co.uk/

I'll give the game a 7.5 so far.

Nemesis X
Read before saying something stoopid.
It disables the achievements.none

I meant level progress, noob.

Demonic Phoenix
One of the most annoying challenge has to be the one where you can only kill a bigger enemy if you freeze it freezing lasts for 3 seconds so the best tactic is.
Switch to mist by pressing d pad right then lb hold rt direction and x then you have 3 seconds to press rb then press d pad up hold rt direction and x while his minions jump around you making the lock on harder.

I don't get that.

It found it much easier to:

1) Use an Ensnared Demon relic for Infinite Magic.

2) Freeze the prick with either the Void Sword Projectile (takes two shots) or Icy Crest (Projectile Modifier + direct attack).

3) Attack with the Chaos Claws. The Flame Claws ability (Projectile modifier + area attack) is excellent for this. They one shot the grunts as well, so you most likely don't have to worry about the EXP medal requirement.

Originally posted by Impediment

Agreus' stealth section almost made me throw my controller against the wall not only was it so damn tedious and unnecessarily hard, but the repeated dialogue was so damn cheesy.

That said, I just defeated Agreus and am still playing this game.

All in all, LoS 2 is not better than the first, but is still a solid game. As of right now, I'll give it a generous 8.

The Agreus' section is the main reason why I will limit my playthroughs of this game to like 2, max. Shoddy design. It's one thing to make it frustrating due to a challenge. It's another to make it frustrating due to poor design choices.

Estacado
Originally posted by Badabing
The Konami code is good for most of their games.
Use the Konami code on this site. biscuits

http://www.vogue.co.uk/

I'll give the game a 7.5 so far.
haermm
I don't get that.

It found it much easier to:

1) Use an Ensnared Demon relic for Infinite Magic.

2) Freeze the prick with either the Void Sword Projectile (takes two shots) or Icy Crest (Projectile Modifier + direct attack).

3) Attack with the Chaos Claws. The Flame Claws ability (Projectile modifier + area attack) is excellent for this. They one shot the grunts as well, so you most likely don't have to worry about the EXP medal requirement.

The Agreus' section is the main reason why I will limit my playthroughs of this game to like 2, max. Shoddy design. It's one thing to make it frustrating due to a challenge. It's another to make it frustrating due to poor design choices.
thumb up
Same tactic I used on Pod.
Much easier could have spared sometime on the first go through though.

Also there is the vampire/skeleton mission w. here you cant break the shields.

Use mist chaos blitz attack it doesnt heat up the shields.313

Need to find a proper collectible guide the gameradar one is missing 2 memorials and a diary....mmm

As for Agreus just use mist as much as you can it helps you float over the leaves 2nd time I beat the steath part under 5 minutes.Mist is very useful it works during all unbreakable grapple attacks can get you through the riot police mines even if they impale you.

Demonic Phoenix
haermm

thumb up
Same tactic I used on Pod.
Much easier could have spared sometime on the first go through though.

Also there is the vampire/skeleton mission w. here you cant break the shields.

Use mist chaos blitz attack it doesnt heat up the shields.313

Need to find a proper collectible guide the gameradar one is missing 2 memorials and a diary....mmm

As for Agreus just use mist as much as you can it helps you float over the leaves 2nd time I beat the steath part under 5 minutes.Mist is very useful it works during all unbreakable grapple attacks can get you through the riot police mines even if they impale you.

Yeah, I used the Mist form against Agreus. I used it to just move past him when he charged at Dracula (after which he lost track of Dracula, lulz). I couldn't target any bells apart from the one the game points out, and Agreus loved to hang around Dracula's location, which just made it more annoying.

Cool. Will give that move a go. I just waited for them to attack, and then countered. Was a little annoying and though.

This one seems to be good. I'm missing a couple of the memorials, so I will use it soon.
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2014/03/01/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-memorials-locations-guide.htm

And have you found the brotherhood scroll/soldier diary that talks about the Konami code? haermm

Also, I finished the story today. What an anticlimatic way to resolve the plot.

Satan & Zobek were pathetic jokes in this game. What happened to the manipulative schemers from LoS?
And yeah, the plot in this game is pretty damn weaksauce because of that ending.

I sincerely hope there is DLC that resolves this properly. Or another game.

And DLC with Victor as well, as Victor is so much like LoS Gabriel that he should be a playable character.

Estacado
To find all.diaries I used.the gameradar guide for memorials I used the one you posted and the gameradar one.I finally got a 1000gs yesterday.
Thanks for.the link though.
Didnt really read them gonna check them out.
I like that the game has tons of concept art.Im missing the video gallery like in the old games where you can rewatch the cutscenes .They should bring that back to everydamn game.
Some of the boss finishers were pretty badass I could rewatch those a few times.Like when he casually dances around Abaddon then punches his face of and bitchslapes him sending him flying.

The ending was disappointing.The Alucard plot was pretty cool though.

Hoping for dlc though.

Some stuff that didnt make sense.
Why was Gabriel the Prince Of Darkness?
Story said the one who beats the Lords Of Shadow becomes the POD but he didnt defeat Zobek in Los.

When did he get back to full power?

How come Satan feared to confront him yet he needed to get back to his
Castle to beat the 2nd acolyte...

Hoping for Dlc though despite the story flaws I liked the game.

Kazenji
Report: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Has Playable Alucard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-12455-Report--Castlevania--Lords-of-Shadow-2-Revelations-DLC-Has-Playable-Alucard.html

Estacado
thumb up
Nice find!
I was wondering what happened to him after the battle against the Brother of Light.

Demonic Phoenix
To find all.diaries I used.the gameradar guide for memorials I used the one you posted and the gameradar one.I finally got a 1000gs yesterday.
Thanks for.the link though.
Didnt really read them gonna check them out.
I like that the game has tons of concept art.Im missing the video gallery like in the old games where you can rewatch the cutscenes .They should bring that back to everydamn game.
Some of the boss finishers were pretty badass I could rewatch those a few times.Like when he casually dances around Abaddon then punches his face of and bitchslapes him sending him flying.

The ending was disappointing.The Alucard plot was pretty cool though.

Hoping for dlc though.

Some stuff that didnt make sense.
Why was Gabriel the Prince Of Darkness?
Story said the one who beats the Lords Of Shadow becomes the POD but he didnt defeat Zobek in Los.

When did he get back to full power?

How come Satan feared to confront him yet he needed to get back to his
Castle to beat the 2nd acolyte...

Hoping for Dlc though despite the story flaws I liked the game.

There's some interesting stuff in there.
The Brotherhood of Light thinks that Zobek is 112 years old and human. haermm
And one of the scrolls state that the blast from the prologue released energy comparable to that of a meteorite impact.

400 concept art pictures, yeah. No need for an artbook.
Yeah, the finishers were badass. My favourite one was the Gorgon. Easily the most badass one in the game IMO.

Though it was funny how Alucard of all people ended up outsmarting both Satan and Zobek, but seeing as those two were tools in this game, it's understandable.

Gabriel was the Prince of Darkness because he was fated to be the Prince of Darkness. He decided to go along with his Fate. Which is another problem I have with the plot of this game. Very few of the major themes from the previous game were present here.
Dunno. Maybe since the rest of the world thinks he beat Zobek?

I know right? Only difference between the Dracula that fought the 2nd Acolyte, and the Dracula that fought Satan, was that the latter had the Vampire Killer, the Mirror of Fate, and his memories of the plan.
Then again, Satan seemed weaker in LoS2 than he was in LoS, even though he was supposedly at full strength in LoS2. No God Mask or Devil Mask or magic, and he doesn't even fight Dracula head on.

Yeah, there's DLC with Alucard that's supposed to come out. Still hoping for Victor Belmont DLC though, if only because he'd play like LoS Gabriel.

Estacado
Went through few diaries.Yeah the blast was uber powerful.
It killed 500 000 brotherhood members.
How could be Satan weaker?
He was all buffed up while in Los he was skinny..biscuits
Yeah but Gabriel now had the power of the Forgotten One which he didnt have when they first fought.
The way he killed Satan was meh as well.
Left him on the street like a hobo.haermm
I hope Alucard has some unique powers as well.
Some new challenges would be cool but dont add pod achievement for them.
They could also add some new Dracula story stuff.

Demonic Phoenix
Went through few diaries.Yeah the blast was uber powerful.
It killed 500 000 brotherhood members.
How could be Satan weaker?
He was all buffed up while in Los he was skinny..biscuits
Yeah but Gabriel now had the power of the Forgotten One which he didnt have when they first fought.
The way he killed Satan was meh as well.
Left him on the street like a hobo.haermm
I hope Alucard has some unique powers as well.
Some new challenges would be cool but dont add pod achievement for them.
They could also add some new Dracula story stuff.

And oddly enough, left their bodies intact, but the Paladin was disintegrated. Brotherhood armor is Mountain level+ in durability, and Dracula can break through that shit. excellent

He was amped when he fought Satan the first time as well. All those souls that were trapped and stuff. And he was preaching forgiveness. awesome
Meanwhile, Satan was using Alucard as a shield in LoS2, instead of fighting himself.
Satan looked like a hobo as well. His design was meh.

I just hope we get to play with Alucard's actual outfit, and not his Zobek Bodyguard outfit.
Speaking of outfits, do you have any of the DLC costumes?

Estacado
I dont have any of them.
Just checked the dlc costumes they are pretty much alike dark dracula has white hair and his outfit is black and grey.Armoured dracula has black outfit and his costume is a bit different.Havent seen them ingame though.

Agreed on Alucard outfit.

I wanted to see more of Dragon form we barely get to see it for like 5 seconds.

Why are the daggers so phuckin useless?
Its impossible to kill anyone with them.

If they are gonna make another game it should be Dracula vs brotherhood part.
Allowing you to create your army of monsters and vampires laying the smackdown on the brotherhood.That would be badass!

Kazenji
Seen those stealth sections, Brutal.

Estacado
The only difficult one is the Agreus one.For Agreus just use mist to float over the leaves.It makes it easier.
The others require minor brain usage.

Kazenji
From what i seen of them, I was thinking more of how if you get seen while doing the stealth section its instant death

but i guess its not much different from say some of the Splinter Cell games, If you get seen during some of the levels mission failed.

Estacado
Yup you do get instant killed but they are retardedly easy.
Like distract a guard with batswarm then walk up to the other guy and possess him.
They barely require skills or thinking.Even the complex ones are like.
Distract the guard climb over the ladder near him to get to next area.There is an animation of you making noise so the guard comes after you drop behind him and use possess open the door with him.
Then go back and turn into a rat to bypass the other 2 guards.

The other distract 1 with bat swarm wait for the other guy to walk up to him then just pass when near the 3rd use mist to get behind him and go through the gate.

Estacado
Forgot to mention I think Dracula will be a cameo character in Tekken or Street Fighter....have to find the link though...

Demonic Phoenix
I dont have any of them.
Just checked the dlc costumes they are pretty much alike dark dracula has white hair and his outfit is black and grey.Armoured dracula has black outfit and his costume is a bit different.Havent seen them ingame though.

Agreed on Alucard outfit.

I wanted to see more of Dragon form we barely get to see it for like 5 seconds.

Why are the daggers so phuckin useless?
Its impossible to kill anyone with them.

If they are gonna make another game it should be Dracula vs brotherhood part.
Allowing you to create your army of monsters and vampires laying the smackdown on the brotherhood.That would be badass!

I think one of them has an awesome 'stache though.

Same here. That's why the Gorgon kill was my favourite. Dracula used the power of his Dragon form.

Yeah, the daggers are distractions. They made them so damn weak, and they removed the charge ability, but since the daggers are rechargeable instead of collectible, I suppose its understandable.

Lawl, yeah. At the very least, they should have given us the section they showed in the debut trailer, where Dracula pwns a bunch of soldiers outside by himself with his whip.

From what i seen of them, I was thinking more of how if you get seen while doing the stealth section its instant death

but i guess its not much different from say some of the Splinter Cell games, If you get seen during some of the levels mission failed.

It's not instant death. On the normal difficulty, Dracula dies in 4 shots at full health. Not sure about the hardest difficulty though.
So you can still escape from them, and Mist form's allows you to escape easily if you get out of their field of vision. But you can't fight back in any way.

The 'stealth' sections in LoS2 are a far cry from Splinter Cell's. The ones in LoS2 are more like puzzles. There's only one way to get past those sections.

Stealth Moose
Finally played a demo.

Just wow. Amazing.

Impediment
I've come to the conclusion that this game is not very well made, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Boss battles are the highlight of the game, and the Toy Maker level is the pinnacle of the game.

The ending was piss poor and such a let down.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if we get Lords of Shadow 3.

Estacado
Its a great action game but storywise this and Los cant be compared.

Smasandian
I bought the first one on Steam during the winter sale. I installed it today and I can't get into it. I don't know why but every two seconds I get a ****ing cut scene that shows me something that's not important.

Maybe I will try it later on but something about it irks me. Doesn't help that sound kills the immersion and the main characters looks like a mouth breather.

Estacado
Dlc comes out on 25th of March.
Also Alucard has his original costume in it.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153862246605697.1073741863.220827690696&type=1

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>