Star Wars 1313

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Exile
A Star Wars title that doesn't focus on Jedi, Sith, or the Froce. Not to mention the fact that it is heavily cinematic and uses talent and tech from ILM. I can and will get behind this.

RE: Blaxican
Uh.

edit- Oh.

http://starwars.com/news/1313_announce.html

Nemesis X

Just give me my Republic Commando 2 and/or Battlefront 3 already.

Phanteros
Originally posted by Nemesis X

Just give me my Republic Commando 2 and/or Battlefront 3 already. Not going to happen base on what happen to Pandemic.

Darth Ray Park
This looks awwesome! I'll always wanted toplay as a badass mandalorian bounty hunter and it looks like i finally get chance.

I guess a lot of people never played Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

It got some crap reviews, but it was a really good game, imo.

-Pr-
I'll give it a shot, but I have to admit I was disappointed that we still don't have Battlefront 3.

Dark Exile
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

I agree with this, loved Bounty Hunter.

As for 1313, when reading between the lines it seems like it is going to implement a lot of aspects and characteristics that are inherently "Uncharted" in nature. Honestly, that could be the best thing to happen to the Star Wars brand in a while.

Peach
Hmm. Interesting.

Of course, I'd prefer Battlefront 3, but this looks like it could be quite decent. Which is a good thing, SW video games desperately need some quality back in them.

-Pr-
I just hope it's better than TFU...

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by Peach
Hmm. Interesting.

Of course, I'd prefer Battlefront 3, but this looks like it could be quite decent. Which is a good thing, SW video games desperately need some quality back in them.

Aside from The Knights of the Old Republic Online of course rigt?

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

I should play it sometime Jango Fett is one of ym favorite Star Wars characters of all time.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Phanteros
Not going to happen base on what happen to Pandemic.

From what i'm read about Battlefront 3 someone has it and is working on it/Finishing it off.

General G
Originally posted by Kazenji
From what i'm read about Battlefront 3 someone has it and is working on it/Finishing it off.

Someone has been working on it/finishing it off for years now. God only knows when we'll finally see that game.

ares834
This could be good... But considering Lucasart's (and Star Wars media in general) recent track record I wouldn't be surprised if the story involved hunting down a Jedi who ends up being a still living Mace Windu whose hand magically regrew.

ares834
Wow. The graphics in this game look phenomenal. I just hope the gameplay can deliver.

Barker
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-star-wars/731126

DAMN.

Kazenji
About time we got another Star Wars game playing as a Bounty Hunter and one thats not online.

-Pr-
Looks good. thumb up

I just need to afford a high end pc now lol

KingD19
It's strictly PC? Crap.

ares834
Probably not. They haven't announced what consoles it will be released on but the demo was played on a PC.

Kazenji
Better not do a half arse job of the console versions then.

BackFire
Honestly, I don't current consoles being able to handle the graphics in this game unless they are extremely dumbed down, looks like it will be a PC only game, or a game that comes out on next generation systems.

Darth Ray Park
I think Luminous Engine looks better prerosnally.

Zack Fair
Can't wait to play this awesome baby from my pc

Originally posted by BackFire
Honestly, I don't current consoles being able to handle the graphics in this game unless they are extremely dumbed down, looks like it will be a PC only game,. And lose out on all those console sales? Haaaa no. If it doesn't come out on next gen consoles, there'll be a dunbed down version for this gen.

Bullmonkéy
I think its weird I predicted this concept when I wrote gaming fan fiction when I was picking at force unleashed. I remember if thiers something they should do with sequel is make it longer...and ended up like 2 hours. I'd prefer force unleashed as something besides a linear story. Force powers are cool but needs more replay value. Battlefront 3 would be awesome but I'm more concerned they make this game as good as it looks

Barker
7nDWUL1z-bk

It reminds me of old new york from Futurama.

-Pr-
There's a Coruscant UNDER Coruscant? blink

ares834
Sorta. The "surface" we see of Coruscant is actually just the roofs of some buildings that cover the planet. The Skyscrapers we see are just the topmost parts of a lot of these buildings... Basically, the skyscrapers are huge and thousands of stories. Level 1313 is the 1313 story from the actual planet's surfaces andis considered one of Coruscant's underlevels which are full of crime and poverty. Basically it's in the the slums of Coruscant.

Digi
Yeah, it's mentioned in a few of the novels, and touched upon in a video game or two. Once or twice characters in the novels get trapped in deeper regions of the undercity and have to work their way out.

Smasandian
It does look pretty good.

But I'm weary, how many times has a Star Wars looked pretty good and turn out not so much.

There is good Star Wars games but there is also very bad ones as well.

Digi
It also didn't show much actual gameplay. Cinematic trailers with some gameplay shots is not the same thing. I'd say we don't have a good idea of what it'll be like yet.

Smasandian
True.

Tzeentch._
As well, LucasArt's track record with non-Jedi Star Wars games has been... pretty impeccable, honestly. The Jedi Knight series, the Battlefront games, Rogue Squadron, etc. They're pretty good at shooters.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ares834
Sorta. The "surface" we see of Coruscant is actually just the roofs of some buildings that cover the planet. The Skyscrapers we see are just the topmost parts of a lot of these buildings... Basically, the skyscrapers are huge and thousands of stories. Level 1313 is the 1313 story from the actual planet's surfaces andis considered one of Coruscant's underlevels which are full of crime and poverty. Basically it's in the the slums of Coruscant.

Not that. I get that there's an undercity. I've played Old Republic and read some of the books. What I meant was that they looked like they just copy-pasted the surface and put a roof on it. I mean, look at all that empty space...

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
As well, LucasArt's track record with non-Jedi Star Wars games has been... pretty impeccable, honestly. The Jedi Knight series, the Battlefront games, Rogue Squadron, etc. They're pretty good at shooters.

I always considered the Jedi Knight games to be Jedi games, but I see what you mean.

Digi
Jedi Knight is how it's done. Dark Forces I-III were just tight as hell. This seems like it will be more squad based, but if they use the first couple Dark Forces games as a template (which were light on the Jedi-ness), they'll be fine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.