The Jsa Vs. The Infinity Watch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DTM
THE JSA VS. THE INFINITY WATCH

As always for the matches that I post, characters are POOFed here with no time to prepare, with only what they routinely carry on them, to fight in a VAST 25 mile arena (enclosed in a force field) til one stands and one falls. YOU decide Who.

Characters on these teams are to be used during the timeframe they were actually part of the teams listed below (in the event that certain characters powers and abilities have changed since then).

JSA - Dr. Fate, Captain Marvel, Power Girl, Mr. Terrific, Hawkman, Dr. Mid-Nite, Atom Smasher, Sentinel, Flash, Hourman, Black Canary, Black Adam, Sand, Stargirl

VS.

INFINITY WATCH - Thanos (Reality), Adam Warlock (Soul), Gamora (Time), Drax (Power), Moondragon (Mind), Pip (Space), Maxam

Now its clear that the JSA has the numbers advantage, and overall a teamwork boost, but the power levels on the Infinity Watch are Vast (especially with Thanos on this team, who can handle 2 to 3 SHWs on his own) so overall Id say theyre quite even in the end. The question is, what do YOU think?

leonidas
thanos with the reality gem is far too big an advantage for the watch here imo. i don't think it inconceiveable he could solo. that's about the daedliest of the gems he could have been granted here.

DTM
True, though keep in mind he didnt really use the gem in combat, he was more just the guardian of it during this timeframe.

leonidas
i agree, but i think there was pretty clear inferences that he was CAPABLE of using it, and i assumed that since you gave it to him here, he'd be capable of using it. just too much he could do with that gem imo. if you're limiting his use to what we SAW, or only actual feats, that's a little different. but it's STILL thanos, and his personal power, smarts and durability would STILL tip things in the watch's favor i think.

DTM
Oh well I didnt give it to him here, Im taking The Infinity Watch here as they were shown from their time in the comics (where there, Thanos was watching over the Reality Gem, but never actually used it in fighting). These teams are here based on how they were during the time when they were an actual team.

leonidas
ah. that's a little different then. i'd still say thanos is the biggest bully on the block but if he's not got access to any of the gems powers, a case could possibly be made for the jsa. it would require a little ..... creativity perhaps, but they might be able to take some. i'd like to see repeated bolts of lightning rained down on thanos from both ba AND cm (kingdom come style! lol) i wonder how that would impact him....? we could talk about flash speed stealing too i suppose.

without the reality gem powers, this is a lot different.

DTM
Originally posted by DTM
Characters on these teams are to be used during the timeframe they were actually part of the teams listed below (in the event that certain characters powers and abilities have changed since then)

Originally posted by leonidas
ah. that's a little different then.

Pssst, not different, it was in the intro post here. smile

Also something to think about is the JSA will have the better teamwork and synergy than the Watch, who do probably have the power nod though.

Digi
I usually throw team mechanics aside and focus on the 2-3 most powerful, but if the JSA runs interference on all but Thanos and Warlock, they could conceivably create a 4-on-2 with Sentinel, Fate, Marvel, and Adam against that duo. Not a bad fight. Taking the JSA. Alan and Warlock being a couple of my favorites, I'd kill to see this played out.

quanchi112
Thanos solos.

Digi
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos solos.

Fate and Sentinel, and probably Adam/Marvel, simultaneously?

No, I don't believe he does. He's the alpha dog here, no doubt. But this is IW Thanos...beastly as ever, but not unkillable. If you think IW wins, cool. But a Thanos solo seems far-fetched.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Digi

No, I don't believe he does. He's the alpha dog here, no doubt. But this is IW Thanos...beastly as ever, but not unkillable. If you think IW wins, cool. But a Thanos solo seems far-fetched. Shields. By far the smartest character here. Thanos was always taking on top herald characters in stride even at his weakest. Imagine if Warlock uses the soul gem viciously or if they give Thanos the power gem. Thanos and Warlock are too smart here with the gems. Way to big of an advanatge for these geniuses to somehow lose.

Digi
Shields. By far the smartest character here. Thanos was always taking on top herald characters in stride even at his weakest. Imagine if Warlock uses the soul gem viciously or if they give Thanos the power gem. Thanos and Warlock are too smart here with the gems. Way to big of an advanatge for these geniuses to somehow lose.

Leo already went through this with the OP above. The idea is that they're not using the gems. It's just them during the period that they had the gems.

I agree that if they are allowed to use the gems, they romp.

TheGodKiller
Shields. By far the smartest character here. Thanos was always taking on top herald characters in stride even at his weakest. Imagine if Warlock uses the soul gem viciously or if they give Thanos the power gem. Thanos and Warlock are too smart here with the gems. Way to big of an advanatge for these geniuses to somehow lose.

Thanos has the reality gem .IMO , he wouldn't need the power gem .

gogogadgetgo
IW has the infinity gems. they could all just pop their jems to thanos then IG! yeah!

Digi
Guys, read the comments. They're not using gems in this thread. We all know it's a stomp if they do.

TheGodKiller
Guys, read the comments. They're not using gems in this thread. We all know it's a stomp if they do.

My reply to quan , was only in the case in which the IW were using their trinkets .

Digi
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
My reply to quan , was only in the case in which the IW were using their trinkets .

There are others commenting as if the gems are being used. It was a general statement.

Besides, this thread would be closed if that were the case.

DTM
Well I didnt say the IW wouldnt be using the gems, I mentioned I highly doubt Thanos would use his Reality Gem as he never did during the time he was its guardian (least during the Infinity Series afterwards when the IW came into contact with other super groups). Drax did subconsciously use the Power Gem, Pip did use the Time Gem for basic affects, Moondragon had her mental powers boosted by the Mind Gem, etc. Ruling here is not so much characters wont use the gems, just that they use the gems as they were seen to during their time as the actual Infinity Watch.

Digi
Originally posted by DTM
Well I didnt say the IW wouldnt be using the gems, I mentioned I highly doubt Thanos would use his Reality Gem as he never did during the time he was its guardian (least during the Infinity Series afterwards when the IW came into contact with other super groups). Drax did subconsciously use the Power Gem, Pip did use the Time Gem for basic affects, Moondragon had her mental powers boosted by the Mind Gem, etc. Ruling here is not so much characters wont use the gems, just that they use the gems as they were seen to during their time as the actual Infinity Watch.

You're better off just removing them. Because this post basically says they can use them, it just disguises it in vague language so that we can't really know to what extent they'd use them. Given these stips, this thread is impossible to guess at.

quanchi112
Leo already went through this with the OP above. The idea is that they're not using the gems. It's just them during the period that they had the gems.

I agree that if they are allowed to use the gems, they romp. Ah, I see. I still don't see them losing since Thanos is too big of a gun for any of them to legitimately challenge. He can break the Surfer whose durability is awesome with punches and ignore his attacks. The guy tanked a blast from Odin which took Surfer out in one shot.

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Thanos has the reality gem .IMO , he wouldn't need the power gem . With either gem he's too badass for this team to even give him pause.

Igniz

No, I don't believe he does. He's the alpha dog here, no doubt. But this is IW Thanos...beastly as ever, but not unkillable. If you think IW wins, cool. But a Thanos solo seems far-fetched.

I don't mean to be rude or anything Digi, but that's Quan saying Thanos solos wink

And you're right about the JSA and am inclined to believe they would pull a win here if the Gems are not used smile

DTM
You're better off just removing them. Because this post basically says they can use them, it just disguises it in vague language so that we can't really know to what extent they'd use them. Given these stips, this thread is impossible to guess at.

Not impossible at all, the IW and Thanos fought several groupings of heroes, some of them used the gems for basic, even subconscious, effects, while others didnt use them at all. I wasnt saying the characters wouldnt use the gems here, or that they dont have them, just that they would use the gems only as they were seen to use them in the actual comics.

Digi
Originally posted by DTM
Not impossible at all, the IW and Thanos fought several groupings of heroes, some of them used the gems for basic, even subconscious, effects, while others didnt use them at all. I wasnt saying the characters wouldnt use the gems here, or that they dont have them, just that they would use the gems only as they were seen to use them in the actual comics.

And since we don't know the exact levels at which they used them, I revert to my earlier estimation.

Lord Feron
IW, good fight.

DTM
And since we don't know the exact levels at which they used them, I revert to my earlier estimation.

Well no, but we saw how the IW fought while they had their gems. THey had an entire series, plus 2 IG spin offs and other comic appearances as the IW. Personally Id say there are plenty of instances showing the IW in combat, while in possession of their gems (even Thanos with the RG) to not be unsure how or if they would use them here.

complexbrother
Drax the Destroyer Thanos , Adam Warlock, Moondragon, is all that is needed to soundly win this battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.