Is it possible to be racist to just one sex?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ray Park
Just curious, are there any cases or is such a phenomenon where someone is racist to a certain colour i.e. the blacks, corcasions, arabs or jews, but only to male members of the race, or female members of the race?

Digi
Read your title again, very carefully. That would be called sexism. And yes, it's pretty obviously possible. There's more people on the planet than you or I can imagine, and cultural opinion isn't a static thing but a spectrum of opinions.

Darth Ray Park
Read my OP again please. I am asking if there is such a case of being racist (be it to native americans, the blacks, hispanics e.t.c.) but only to one gender only. Like, being raist against black males but not black females?

inimalist
"is it possible?"

- yes

"is it logically consistent"

- no, but this is racism we are talking about

Darth Ray Park
Wiell I guess anything is possible but is there many cases of it or even a term describing it?

Stoic
Originally posted by Darth Ray Park
Just curious, are there any cases or is such a phenomenon where someone is racist to a certain colour i.e. the blacks, corcasions, arabs or jews, but only to male members of the race, or female members of the race?

Sure it's called kill the men, and pillage the women.

There's a cure to this symptom though, it was written in a song. It went something like this; All we need is love, love, love is all we need!

Symmetric Chaos
Wiell I guess anything is possible but is there many cases of it

Sure:
"Black women are fat."
"Hispanic women never shut up."

Darth Ray Park
I don;t meen rascial stereotype i mean actually hating a certain race. but o course only one gender.

Also, is it possible to eb racist buyt still be physically attracted to people of that race? And if so, is there a name ofr it/lots of cases regarding it.?

inimalist
/fail

Darth Ray Park
Excuse me?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Sure:
"Black women are fat."
"Hispanic women never shut up."

You noticed, too? GASPITY!

To answer the OP's question, I have seen it plenty of times. There is even a former KMC poster that likes black ladies but is racist against black men. It's weird, to me, but I think it has something to do with that person's hyper-sexuality...and the fact that he deals with crime, all the time, from black men, but not black women (he has become jaded).

StyleTime

Also, is it possible to eb racist buyt still be physically attracted to people of that race?
I'd say it is possible. It'd be similar to a misogynist/misandrist who still desires sex with women/men.

red g jacks
Also, is it possible to eb racist buyt still be physically attracted to people of that race? And if so, is there a name ofr it/lots of cases regarding it.? sure, this condition has been documented in the movie Monster's Ball.

"When I was younger I had a taste for a little ****** juice myself. You ain't a man until you have split dark oak!"

Digi
Read my OP again please. I am asking if there is such a case of being racist (be it to native americans, the blacks, hispanics e.t.c.) but only to one gender only. Like, being raist against black males but not black females?

No, I read it. And it would be a form of both racism and sexism.

Anyway, this:

Originally posted by inimalist
"is it possible?"

- yes

"is it logically consistent"

- no, but this is racism we are talking about

Peach
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersectionality

You're welcome.

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Sure:
"Black women are fat."
"Hispanic women never shut up." You got it backwards there, homie.

Edit- I don't really see how this would be classified as racism though, even partially. If you have absolutely nothing against black men what-so-ever, but you hate black women, that doesn't make you racist in the sense "of "viewing one race as inferior to another". "Black woman" isn't a race, thus you can't claim to discriminate against "the race", if you only dislike black women.

Addyrew
Yes, That's Possible... in this modern time everything is possible..!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.