Barad Dur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

enyafreak
How much of barad dur will we see in film 3.
im so excited bout it. i love the design and hope we see a lot more of it in the last film

Mujaffa
some

turin
i doubt we see very much of it. it depends alot on how much jackson varies from the books, but if i remember right the only time it is seen in the books is when sam and frodo can see it from orodruin. Then again in the books you would have never have seen it till the third book and we have already seen it in both movies, who knows!?!

Captain REX
Well, Frodo and Sam should be able to see it from Orodruin. Hopefully PJ will make Sauron's eye look elsewhere like it does in the book. Then Sauron panics as Frodo puts on the Ring in the Cracks of Doom and then he dies as it falls in.

Hopefully we'll see Barad-dur explode...

Julie
such a dark and dreary place....who'd want to see too much of it?

turin
i would like to see a ton of it!!! dark and dreary make for really bad dude, smile plus wouldnt it be cool to see it crumble or burst or who knows what. maybe a spout of lava will come shooting out of it!!! unfortunetly we have to wait forever to find out. i saw that the TTT dvd will have a ten minute making of ROTK. nice but that will only make the waiting worse. uhhggggggg.......

Chalky
Hi, I'm a big fan of LOTR...
But I don't know where Barud dur is! Is it that dwarf mine? Oh no, that's Kazud- dum I think. It rings a bell, but I just can't figure it out.

Help!

Ushgarak
It is Sauron's fortress.

Julie
yeah what he said....( though b/t you and me I didn't know either)

Dexx
what?..smilethat more than elementary

Member.
isn't there a seige of barad dur?

Dexx
well...if you're talking about some troops at the black gates..then yes. But the couldn't have reached the fortress itself..no.
Not without the ring destroyed anyway.

Captain REX
There was a 7 year Siege of Barad-dur in the Second Age that began in II 3434 and ended II 3441, if your thinking of that, Member.

Just an interesting note, the documents that Gandalf reads in the movie are written in II 3434, as if the siege never existed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.