Thanos vs. Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Combatants

Thanos - Thanos for this fight is as he was when brought back during the Cancerverse event.

Hulk - Hulk for this fight is as he was during the World War Hulk event, discounting any later revelations or retcons that detracted from his overall performance (such as Black Bolt being revealed as a weaker Super Skrull and Iron Man's S.P.I.N. tech being revealed as a dummy).

Arena

The fight will take place on a planet shaped mass of Primary Adamantium the size of the Earth. It has a normal atmosphere and surrounding the outer edges of said atmosphere is an indestructible and completely elastic energy field that permeates in but not out.

Stipulations

- This fight is solely hand to hand. Thanos can use cosmic energy/magic/etc. to amp himself but he can not use energy blasts, matter manipulation, any tech (discounting any implants that augment his physical prowess), magic or psionics to harm Hulk.
- Both characters start at their base statistics for the purpose of this fight.
- A win is declared if one character is killed or KOed for five minutes straight.
- Thanos' immortality is off for the purpose of this fight but he still possesses the level of durability afforded him.
- BFR is allowed but cannot remove the character from the stated Arena.
- Thanos, as the one who trained her, is assumed to have all the fighting skill and technique of Gamora.
- For the sake of this discussion, and though it's not one of his showcased skills normally, assume Thanos' speed and agility are comparable to Wolverine's or Blade's.
- Please explain and back up/support your choice in this fight. Don't just go "Hulk" or "Thanos" please, it leads to a lackluster discussion devoid of substance.

ctsketch
so Carver vs Quan?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by ctsketch
so Carver vs Quan?

Snrk...

That one made me choke. laughing

TheHulk
so Carver vs Quan? thumb up

TheGodKiller
so Carver vs Quan?

Carver is too much for quan .

CosmicComet
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Carver is too much for quan .

Idk.

I've seen Quan trip Carver up too many times.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Ok, enough joshing around at others expense (even if it is a KMC pastime) guys and let's discuss the thread's subject matter. stick out tongue

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Idk.

I've seen Quan trip Carver up too many times.

Seriously , at the end of the day , who cares ? They both provide good entertainment . One purple along with (fake) feathers , the other green along with golden hair .

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
Ok, enough joshing around at others expense (even if it is a KMC pastime) guys and let's discuss the thread's subject matter. stick out tongue

If Thanos was indeed upgraded(pre-TI) as Thanos wankers have been going about , then I think this fight could turn out somewhat similar to the Zeus fight .
However , I think Hulk won't go down w/o a fight .
I'll give Thanos a 6.5/10 win in this regard . Just my 2 cents . cool

CosmicComet

No joshing around at anyone's expense, I like both people, most of the time.

Quanos beats World War Carv though.

TheMask
Im not touching this with a ten foot pole.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by TheMask
Im not touching this with a ten foot pole.

Then why bother to post other than to say you don't want to post about it?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by CosmicComet
No joshing around at anyone's expense, I like both people, most of the time.

Quanos beats World War Carv though.

Its the war of the fanboys ! Clearly the purple one with (fake)feathers (that get ruffled too often) wins this .

TheMask
Well. WWH is stronger for sure. But Thanos energy out put is tricky. Its probably more then Sentry's I think the million exploding sun's crap was retconned. BUT Zom was so bad he had to be delt with by the LT. Also There is the question. Was Strange trying to kill Hulk?

BUT SINCE THIS IS JUST HAND TO HAND

HULK IS THE WINNER

TheMask
Thanos could probably tear Hulks head off in this WWH form and He'd grow a new one

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Thanos could probably tear Hulks head off in this WWH form and He'd grow a new one

No Hulk, as far as I'm aware, has ever shown that level of Regeneration except for the Maestro.

And what do you base on Hulk being stronger than Thanos at base?

Two of his best strength feats are potentially destroying a planet through shattering tectonic plates and beating Black Bolt off screen.

Impressive mind you but Thanos has destroyed planets before as collateral damage in 1 on 1 fist fights.

Zack Fair
The million exploding suns got retconned?

Also... Quan.

Nothing defeats the glory of:

based on?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Zack Fair
The million exploding suns got retconned?

Also... Quan.

Nothing defeats the glory of:

based on?

Based on ?

TheMask
This is the strongest Hulk isnt it? Then he just grows a new one. Also the base strength of Thanos has always been 100 tons. Hulk's to strong. Also Hulk when fighting the Sentry just powering up was enough to almost destroy the planet. He could also manipulte tectonic plates as you mentioned. If he wanted to im sure he could destroy planets

TheGodKiller
This is the strongest Hulk isnt it? Then he just grows a new one. Also the base strength of Thanos has always been 100 tons. Hulk's to strong. Also Hulk when fighting the Sentry just powering up was enough to almost destroy the planet. He could also manipulte tectonic plates as you mentioned. If he wanted to im sure he could destroy planets

Thanos can amp his strength with cosmic energy/magic/bionic implants etc . , in this thread .

Zack Fair
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Based on ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/JohnnyDA/KennyKola-CMPunkLaughGIF.gif

TheMask
Oh another biased thanos thread? Ok This is why I didnt wanna comment. Cause I don't like commenting on fanboy threads unless this isnt a fanboy thread. Is it?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
This is the strongest Hulk isnt it?

No, that's WBH or whatever name KMC uses for him since I left.

No Hulk outside of Maestro could do that.

It's "too" and Green Scar Hulk's base strength is 100 tons. Thanos' strength has to be somewhere north of that since he has manhandled 2 v 1s with Class 100s before.

Proof? Because that fight was pretty underwhelming and barely destroyed a city.

Not contesting any of that. Just pointing out Thanos has done it for years.

TheGodKiller
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/JohnnyDA/KennyKola-CMPunkLaughGIF.gif

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff32/evildrew81/scary%20stuff/Joker.gif

TheMask
So you admit this is a biased thread for thanos? Ok thanks.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Oh another biased thanos thread? Ok This is why I didnt wanna comment. Cause I don't like commenting on fanboy threads unless this isnt a fanboy thread. Is it?

Seeing as I'm an avid Hulk fan and an avid Thanos fan? No.

I'm just curious how this version of the Hulk would fare against a Thanos who could potentially match him amp for amp in a fist to fist fight.

TheMask
Ok if this isnt a biased thread. Then tell me how Hulk wins IN YOUR OPINION.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Ok if this isnt a biased thread. Then tell me how Hulk wins IN YOUR OPINION.

If Hulk's base durability would allow him time to amp to the point where Thanos could not put him down through strength or martial skill and then it's just a matter of Hulk's strength reaching a point to overcome Thanos' monstrous durability.

But I made this thread to find out if that is a likely outcome.

Zack Fair

Stipulations

- Thanos, as the one who trained her, is assumed to have all the fighting skill and technique of Gamora.
- For the sake of this discussion, and though it's not one of his showcased skills normally, assume Thanos' speed and agility are comparable to Wolverine's or Blade's.

Kind of biased to me, I dunno.

TheMask
Didnt i tell you that Hulk could win from strength?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Kind of biased to me, I dunno.

Thanos exclusively trained Gamora, so it implies he was at least equally as skilled as her when she first debuted. The fact that writers choose to not have him use such skill generally because of his overwhelming strength+durability+intellect+energy output+etc. is no fault of mine for wanting to include it.

As for speed, I know handbook ratings are for shit, but I didn't want anyone saying Hulk would wail without impunity on someone who has a Speed of 3 while Wolverine and Blade have 2. Again, it's one of Thanos' powers/skills not normally showcased but that doesn't mean he doesn't have them.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Didnt i tell you that Hulk could win from strength?

You weren't very specific how though.

TheMask
He gets stronger and stronger. I do truly believe he can destroy a planet. Even in weaker incarnations. As for the meastro I believe that at the time of WWH he was at his best healing abilities. Even better then the Meastro, but I guess since they were never on panal they cant be proven? I think that since he servived what he did they technically can be proven.

TheMask
What im trying to say is. Without Thanos power blasts there is nothing he can do to kill this version of the hulk.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
He gets stronger and stronger. I do truly believe he can destroy a planet.

And at no point have I, or anyone else in this thread has said otherwise.

Dunno. On-Panel Professor Hulk has better healing feats than Green Scar, but I still digress that only Maestro has regenerated from atomic dust and thus could regrow a head. No other Hulk has shown that kind of ability.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
What im trying to say is. Without Thanos power blasts there is nothing he can do to kill this version of the hulk.

A KO is also a valid win option.

hunbu04
Thanos easily if he is allow to amp his strength like Zeus did. I remember before Hulk got crush by Zeus people on this panel use to say Hulk strength is infinite and that He will just get madder and surpass people like Odin and Zeus even after the amp and beat them in H2H.
Thank God for IH 621 and 622. That myth was proven to be false.

JakeTheBank
Thanos.

His default durability is phucking absurd. His strength without amping/augmentation is also pretty high end, though I concede Hulk's would eventually surpass him if given time. I think even while gimped, Thanos has the means to take on WWH (nevermind giving him agility akin to Wolverine or Blade, which is...generous to say the least).

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by hunbu04
Thanos easily if he is allow to amp his strength like Zeus did. I remember before Hulk got crush by Zeus people on this panel use to say Hulk strength is infinite and that He will just get madder and surpass people like Odin and Zeus even after the amp and beat them in H2H.
Thank God for IH 621 and 622. That myth was proven to be false.

Well, to be fair, Odin and Zeus are also a whole tier over Thanos.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
(nevermind giving him agility akin to Wolverine or Blade, which is...generous to say the least).

Like I said, handbooks are shit but it's a mention part of his powerset. *shrugs*

His agility and speed are supposed to be equal to any of the Earth's Eternals and that's at least flat Enhanced.

Dream Stuff
Given then stops of the OP, my money's on Thanks l beating Hulk to KO or death. His base strength and durability are much higher and he's much more skilled. Until Hulk can amp a lot, he's out of his league. Amping takes time he doesn't have.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Given then stops of the OP, my money's on Thanks l beating Hulk to KO or death. His base strength and durability are much higher and he's much more skilled. Until Hulk can amp a lot, he's out of his league. Amping takes time he doesn't have.

Your first sentence confused me. o.o

Silent Master
So basically, Thanos needs his fighting skill and speed amped in order to have a chance of beating the Hulk?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Silent Master
So basically, Thanos needs his fighting skill and speed amped in order to have a chance of beating the Hulk?

I didn't amp anything. I just logically concluded what he should have or has had mentioned as part of his power set but doesn't generally showcase because the large versatility and brute power of the rest of his power set compensates for lack of use of it.

He trained Gamora to be the assasin she is. Fact.

He has speed comparable to Earth Eternals, which is at least Enhanced if not flat out low Superhuman. Fact.

Silent Master
You gave him skill and agility above what his feats support, so yes.....you did amp him.

Which is fine, as you're the thread starter.

JakeTheBank
Even barring said speculative amps, he'd still beat Hulk, imo.

PillarofOsiris

- BFR is allowed but cannot remove the character from the stated Arena.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
You gave him skill and agility above what his feats support, so yes.....you did amp him.

Which is fine, as you're the thread starter.

He's not Amped, that's part of his established power set. *sigh*

But that's not really a point worth arguing over.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris

As in knocking them into the stratosphere or a continent away to get some breathing room and time to recover. That's still BFR but doesn't remove them from the Arena or constitute a win.

carver9
This is the most bias thread I have ever seen created by a single individual. Hulk still wins, even if Thanos blasting power wasn't taken from him.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
This is the most bias thread I have ever seen created by a single individual. Hulk still wins, even if Thanos blasting power wasn't taken from him.

Lol, shut up, Carver.

A.) This is by no means the most bias thread ever created or even the most biased thread you've personally seen. C'mon, now.

B.) Don't be all Incredible Carter and assume - wrongly - that WWHulk could take on a fully powered Thanos with all of his powers and abilities and win.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lol, shut up, Carver.

A.) This is by no means the most bias thread ever created or even the most biased thread you've personally seen. C'mon, now.

B.) Don't be all Incredible Carter and assume - wrongly - that WWHulk could take on a fully powered Thanos with all of his powers and abilities and win.

Jake, this thread is a bias thread. Seem like something Quan himself would make.

Why wouldn't Hulk be able to beat a fully powered Thanos outside of BFRing?

JakeTheBank
Jake, this thread is a bias thread. Seem like something Quan himself would make.

Why wouldn't Hulk be able to beat a fully powered Thanos outside of BFRing?

I'm not saying it's not, but don't act like this is the most biased thread you ever came across. We both know it's not and the only reason why you're protesting as much is because it pits Thanos against Hulk. Quan would probably make a thread where Thanos can't use his versatility and still argue Thanos winning in the end.

Because Thanos has freakish durability, the ability to mindrape, potent fire power, matter manipulation, etc.

Thanos would literally have to fight down on Hulk's terms for Hulk to have a chance, which is what this thread entails.

Silent Master
He's not Amped, that's part of his established power set. *sigh*

But that's not really a point worth arguing over.

Can you show scans of Thanos using Gamora level hth skill or Wolverine/blade level agility?

quanchi112

Why wouldn't Hulk be able to beat a fully powered Thanos outside of BFRing? Thanos is stronger than the Hulk. He beats the snot out of him at his own game.

TheMask
Originally posted by quanchi112
All I want is Thanos zoom zoom in my boom boom.

WTF?

quanchi112
WTF? Are you trying to get banned ?

TheMask
I wont cry over it if I get banned. Ive been baned multiple times. it will give me a rest from seeing your UTTER stupidity on a daily baisis.

quanchi112
I wont cry over it if I get banned. Ive been baned multiple times. it will give me a rest from seeing your UTTER stupidity on a daily baisis. Oh a returned sock. Bom voyage. You lose once again.

Ps. Thanos wins.

TheMask
sock? haha you should have been banned ages ago for your low Iq

Kid Kurdy
Can you show scans of Thanos using Gamora level hth skill or Wolverine/blade level agility?
Good question.

Digi
Closing to comply with Bada's recent Thanos hiatus. See the pinned thread for all Thanos-related shenanigans.

Time Immemorial

Really?

thingy150
Why the f*ck do people make these threads, thanos is and always will be on another lvl. Just because carver is biased enough to debate the other way does not mean this fight is any less of a stomp in the favor of the mad titan.

carver9
Hulk wins.

carver9
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Really?

Yes...Hulk is a master of powering though attacks. The fight is happening next month...we will see what happens.

thingy150
Hulk wins.

This is literally all you can come up with, you don't have any reason or evidence to support your claim but your fanboyism out weighs logic.

Time Immemorial
Yes...Hulk is a master of powering though attacks. The fight is happening next month...we will see what happens.

Which fight has Hulk ever beaten Thanos in?

Insane Titan
Carver will put you all on ignore because he can't actually answer you on this topic.

thingy150
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Carver will put you all on ignore because he can't actually answer you on this topic.

Just like he does not have a retort on captain atom vs hulk, dude is hilarious.

carver9
Which fight has Hulk ever beaten Thanos in?

Neither has a win over the other so I don't know why this question was asked.

thingy150
Neither has a win over the other so I don't know why this question was asked.

Well hulk tried to fight him but got swatted away like a fly.

carver9
When?

thingy150
It is not world war hulk, but you love using scans that don't pertain exactly to the op so here it is.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111158055/4037569-thanos+vs+hulk.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by thingy150
It is not world war hulk, but you love using scans that don't pertain exactly to the op so here it is.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111158055/4037569-thanos+vs+hulk.jpg

Aaaahhhhh, infinity #6. Let's see what Cap and Thor tells Hulk before facing Thanos and the crew.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media-full/Hulk/Screenshot_2014-06-18-11-00-15_zps44dbf092.png.html

"Hulk, knock on the door, DISTRACT them, soften them up". From the words of Cap.

"Harness your appetite Hulk. Leave some for the rest of us."

Also, lol, Hulk smiled at the punch Thanos hit him with. It didn't even hurt. So we have a Hulk that was told by his boss and friend to hold back and when Thanos punch him, he smiles at the hit. What else ya got? And I don't mind you using scans like that because again, Hulk is Hulk...everything he does is under his own power. Some are just angrier than others but it's still his power that is achieving said goal.

thingy150
He was told to distract him because that is literally all he can do, if hulk could take him out they would have told him to. Do you seriously think that hulk could take him out but that they told him not to? Hulk was not even worthy enough to distract thanos.

Oh ya and he was not smiling this is the page after
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images? q=tbn:ANd9GcT5RiCt7cb7yDpVmSRQ7mRwSWUQ8_7p7T4cqRnv
4bb36BtFIX6F
No smile

thingy150
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/105634/3924854-hulk+thanos+3.jpg

last one did not work

thingy150
Oh wait he is smiling lol...ahahha

thingy150
still does not change the fact he got slapped away like a fly.....he could not even distract the mad titan.

carver9
He was told to distract him because that is literally all he can do, if hulk could take him out they would have told him to. Do you seriously think that hulk could take him out but that they told him not to? Hulk was not even worthy enough to distract thanos.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images? q=tbn:ANd9GcT5RiCt7cb7yDpVmSRQ7mRwSWUQ8_7p7T4cqRnv
4bb36BtFIX6F
No smile

He is clearly smiling in the first panel and again, Cap and Thor told Hulk to hold back. Take that as you will but again, the proof is there for you to ignore yet again. Don't know why Cap told him to pull his power along with Thor but the proof is in the writing. I'm debating this no further. I've provided all the evidence i need.

Insane Titan

4bb36BtFIX6F
No smile did you notice how Hulk did want any of Thanos when got back up after Thanos casually swatted him away.

It's clear Thor was the main guy the avengers fought could fight Thanos

thingy150
He is clearly smiling in the first panel and again, Cap and Thor told Hulk to hold back. Take that as you will but again, the proof is there for you to ignore yet again. Don't know why Cap told him to pull his power along with Thor but the proof is in the writing. I'm debating this no further. I've provided all the evidence i need.

Yes i already stated in an earlier post i was wrong about the smile..but what does that do for hulk? He smiled and did nothing after he got swatted away like a b*tch, he could have tried to take on thanos again but he knew his place. Thanos stomps hulk

Reflassshh
Why would Cap say something stupid like that?

thingy150
Originally posted by Insane Titan
did you notice how Hulk did want any of Thanos when got back up after Thanos casually swatted him away.

It's clear Thor was the main guy the avengers fought could fight Thanos

Yup i love that they showed thor was the greatest challenge to the titan, hulk is no match for either of them(he should not be for thor but he has been in past years when written wrong)

thingy150
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Why would Cap say something stupid like that?

Because hulk is only a distraction, he cannot challenge thanos in an actual fight so he was just there to distract him(which did not even work because he got swatted like a tennis ball)

carver9
Yes i already stated in an earlier post i was wrong about the smile..but what does that do for hulk? He smiled and did nothing after he got swatted away like a b*tch, he could have tried to take on thanos again but he knew his place. Thanos stomps hulk

Oooooorrrrrr, lol, as shown on panel (SMDH) Thanos backed off from Hulk and had his generals charge Hulk instead.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/105634/3924854-hulk+thanos+3.jpg

In which, after this they hit him with the weight of the sun. Doesn't looked like Hulk backed down...look the other way around.

carver9
Yup i love that they showed thor was the greatest challenge to the titan, hulk is no match for either of them(he should not be for thor but he has been in past years when written wrong)

Sad that Hickman said Hulk is the most powerful on the Avengers.

One_Angry_Scot
Oooooorrrrrr, lol, as shown on panel (SMDH) Thanos backed off from Hulk and had his generals charge Hulk instead.

In which, after this they hit him with the weight of the sun. Doesn't looked like Hulk backed down...look the other way around.

Thanos didn't back down.

There's no proof of this. All he did was get his generals to attack Hulk. Nothing more nothing less.

We'd have to ask Hickman before we make such assumptions as this.

carver9
Because hulk is only a distraction, he cannot challenge thanos in an actual fight so he was just there to distract him(which did not even work because he got swatted like a tennis ball)

Lol...is that what you got from it?

carver9
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Thanos didn't back down.

There's no proof of this. All he did was get his generals to attack Hulk. Nothing more nothing less.

Didn't say back down, I said backed off and he did back off and let his generals fight instead.

thingy150
carver, thanos realized that hulk was literally not worth his time, he swatted him and already knew that hulk was no match for him. Are you really going to try and turn that scan back around on thanos? Thanos literally swatted him like a child.

Hickman may have said hulk is more powerful but he showed who can actually stand toe to toe with thanos(thor)

thingy150
He did not back off, he stayed in the same spot while his generals took care of the small threats(hulk).

Hulk had his chance and he got served as if he were the ball in a tennis match.

carver9
carver, thanos realized that hulk was literally not worth his time, he swatted him and already knew that hulk was no match for him. Are you really going to try and turn that scan back around on thanos? Thanos literally swatted him like a child.

Hickman may have said hulk is more powerful but he showed who can actually stand toe to toe with thanos(thor)

So you're making up stuff again? Where was any of that said in the comic? Hulk not being worth his time. Thanos did say "generals, take care of this monster for me". Doesn't indicate anything you've just said.

carver9
He did not back off, he stayed in the same spot while his generals took care of the small threats(hulk).

Hulk had his chance and he got served as if he were the ball in a tennis match.

"Generals, handle this monster for me". If I just witness someone smiling at my punch, I wouldn't fight them either. Him calling in someone to fight for him is backing off from a fight. He didn't do that against anyone there except Hulk.

thingy150
HAHHAH hulk was long gone, he did not even get to see him smile because hulk flew away as soon as thanos touched him. He let his generals do the work for him because the people fighting him were below him, so he got his underlings to take care of the small threats.

Are you seriously trying to use a scan of thanos swatting hulk as evidence for hulk winning, is that how desperate you are?

One_Angry_Scot
Didn't say back down, I said backed off and he did back off and let his generals fight instead.

Fair enough, I was just going on what you said on the bottom, but fairplay.

If he let his generals attack Hulk that would be odd right? I mean why send people most likely to be vastly inferior to you in power. He'd be dooming them to certain death otherwise.

I disagree with you, I don't think he was backing down/off. I just don't think he would send people less powerful than him to take down a supposed threat that you presume merits something powerful to defeat.

He knew Proxima among others could quickly finish Hulk so he sent them. He had things on his mind. He was a bit busy with other things.

carver9

If he let his generals attack Hulk that would be odd right? I mean why send people most likely to be vastly inferior to you in power. He'd be dooming them to certain death otherwise.

I disagree with you, I don't think he was backing down/off. I just don't think he would send people less powerful than him to take down a supposed threat that you presume merits something powerful to defeat.

Or he realized they had a plot weapon that would temp stop Hulk in which it did. It's obvious Hickman didn't want Hulk involved in the battle which is the reason he was taken out via plot. What more can they do than what Thanos punch did (which was nothing)? Let's not forget, thanos DID attack Hulk and it did absolutely nothing to him whereas Proxima spear did far more damage.

Time Immemorial

I don't understand this. Thanos slapped him around and because Hulk had a smirk on his face, the feat is invalid to you?

One_Angry_Scot
Or he realized they had a plot weapon that would temp stop Hulk in which it did. It's obvious Hickman didn't want Hulk involved in the battle which is the reason he was taken out via plot. What more can they do than what Thanos punch did (which was nothing)? Let's not forget, thanos DID attack Hulk and it did absolutely nothing to him whereas Proxima spear did far more damage.

Like I said.

"He knew Proxima among others could quickly finish Hulk so he sent them."

Thanos could have punched him repeatedly and much harder. But like I said above happened.

Proxima's spear specifically drained Hulk so again it was a foil to Hulk.

It doesn't mean just because of what I have said that Thanos couldn't beat him. It just means that for Hickman's reasons Thanos told the generals to attack him after Hulk swatted him away.

Thanos had a whole bunch of heroes to contend with.

thingy150
I don't understand this. Thanos slapped him around and because Hulk had a smirk on his face, the feat is invalid to you?

Fanboy logic is not real logic, do you see his avatar, he hates thanos because he knows deep down that thanos is better in every way, this scares him because he rides hulk so hard.

carver9
Like I said.

Thanos could have punched him repeatedly and much harder. But like I said above happened.

It doesn't mean just because of what I have said that Thanos couldn't beat him. It just means that for Hickman's reasons Thanos told the generals to attack him after Hulk swatted him away.

So Thanos didn't punch him at his hardest during that hit? Prove it with scans.

Also, prove that Thanos could of repeatedly punched Hulk. If it was that easy, he wouldn't have sent in his generals.

Also, he didn't swat him away. Look at the scans. Swatting and punching are two different things.

Oh my god. I might be getting off today. Can't take this making up stuff anymore.

carver9

Slapped him around? He PUNCHED him ONCE.

DarkSaint85
"Generals, handle this monster for me". If I just witness someone smiling at my punch, I wouldn't fight them either. Him calling in someone to fight for him is backing off from a fight. He didn't do that against anyone there except Hulk.

I get my underlings to fetch my coffee too.

One_Angry_Scot

Also, prove that Thanos could of repeatedly punched Hulk. If it was that easy, he wouldn't have sent in his generals.

Also, he didn't swat him away. Look at the scans. Swatting and punching are two different things.

Oh my god. I might be getting off today. Can't take this making up stuff anymore.

You have to prove it was his "hardest" punch then. I didn't say it was his weakest.

He would have ran over to Hulk or teleported and repeatedly kept punching him. Like I said he had other things to do than contend with Hulk, which is why he sent his generals.

I used the term loosely. He punched/swatted him whatever you want to say. He wasn't using his full power.

If you want to go that's up to you. I am just being honest and saying what happened. I'll tweet Hickman now and ask him.

I have tweeted him now. H emay not answer but I done what I thought was right.

carver9
You have to prove it was his "hardest" punch then. I didn't say it was his weakest.

He would have ran over to Hulk or teleported and repeatedly kept punching him. Like I said he had other things to do than contend with Hulk, which is why he sent his generals.

I used the term loosely. He punched/swatted him whatever you want to say. He wasn't using his full power.

If you want to go that's up to you. I am just being honest and saying what happened. I'll tweet Hickman now and ask him.

You're the one making assumptions that he held back. Prove it.

Aaaahhhh, so Hulk was going to sit there and let Thanks punch on him? Makes sense. Ya know, the same guy who smiled at his first blow.

There's a difference between swatting and punching. No proof that be swatted, especially since we clearly see a punch.

No insult coming from me but this post seems like nothing but a dream of something that didn't happen.

One_Angry_Scot
You're the one making assumptions that he held back. Prove it.

Aaaahhhh, so Hulk was going to sit there and let Thanks punch on him? Makes sense. Ya know, the same guy who smiled at his first blow.

There's a difference between swatting and punching. No proof that be swatted, especially since we clearly see a punch.

No insult coming from me but this post seems like nothing but a dream of something that didn't happen.

You're making assumptions he didn't hold back. Prove that.

Never said that, don't be silly.

I already answered that.

Thanks for your input here. Your opinion doesn't mean it was a dream.
I haven't got much else to say really. I am busy making a new respect thread so I hope you enjoy the rest of the debate with everyone else.

I'll never get this done otherwise.

thingy150
I love that carver inevitably contradicts himself multiple times when he debates

laughing Happy Dance

Insane Titan
What ignores is that fact Thanos makes it clear Thor was the main guy to contend with and Hulk was only a distraction.

Hulk could have easily gone after Thanos , plus Thanos didn't even have to energy change his punch to swat Hulk away.

Thanos of easily reverted Hulk back to banner just like Proxima did. He did a similar thing to Captain Marvell whilst he(Thanos) was in his weakest incarnation.

carver9

I already answered that.

I haven't got much else to say really. I am busy making a new respect thread so I hope you enjoy the rest of the debate with everyone else.

Show me Thanos ever holding back and provide scans. Thanos is a villain, why would he hold back. I want some scans of this along with proof of your assumptions on him holding back.

Insane Titan

I already answered that.

I'll never get this done otherwise. in his first ongoing by Starlin Thanos admits he doesn't needlessly kill. So he probably held back against Hulk

One_Angry_Scot
Show me Thanos ever holding back and provide scans. Thanos is a villain, why would he hold back. I want some scans of this along with proof of your assumptions on him holding back.

Show me proof that he wasn't holding back.

Again you're assuming he wasn't. I cannot answer this any other way. I am busy making a respect thread.

DarkSaint85
Thanos also held back when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. Cut himself off from the power etcetc or whatever the dialogue was.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Thanos also held back when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. Cut himself off from the power etcetc or whatever the dialogue was.

Why did he cut himself from the full power?

carver9

Again you're assuming he wasn't. I cannot answer this any other way. I am busy making a respect thread.

You're the one that said he held back, so the proof is on you. Also, show me Thanos ever holding back without context.

One_Angry_Scot
You're the one that said he held back, so the proof is on you. Also, show me Thanos ever holding back without context.

I can't answer in another way.

I am busy making a respect thread.

While I am gone, here are all of my posts. Quote me where I specifically said he held back.

Thanos didn't back down.

He knew Proxima among others could quickly finish Hulk so he sent them. He had things on his mind. He was a bit busy with other things.

Like I said.

I already answered that.

Which I didn't. We know evidence of Thanos's power when he actually is using it. This wasn't a time. So don't start another debate with me Carver as I am busy.

If you answer asking me to prove something I haven't stated again.I will send you an exact copy of this post.

thingy150
Carver the proof was on you when you had to prove that thanos was amped against tyrant, he is making an assumption off of the scans just like you did.

Good job contradicting yourself buddy.

carver9
I can't answer in another way.

I am busy making a respect thread.

While I am gone, here are all of my posts. Quote me where I specifically said he held back.

"Thanos could have punched him repeatedly and much harder".

One_Angry_Scot
"Thanos could have punched him repeatedly and much harder".

Does that mean that I said he held back?

No, it just means I said he could have hit him harder. I didn't say he was holding back did I.

Why didn't he use a punches that could near beat Surfer to death? Why didn't he attack him with ferocity like he did with Odin or Galactus. We wont ever know.

I never implied anything else.

DarkSaint85

Moving the goalposts, when it suits you, I see!

I'm losing count of the times I owned you just today thumb up

Insane Titan
Does that mean that I said he held back?

No, it just means I said he could have hit him harder. I didn't say he was holding back did I.

Why didn't he use a punches that could near beat Surfer to death? Why didn't he attack him with ferocity like he did with Odin or Galactus. We wont ever know.

I never implied anything else. you're proof is that fact Thanos didn't energy charge his fists why he punched Hulk

Time Immemorial
Slapped him around? He PUNCHED him ONCE.

He didn't even punch him bro, he back handed him and sent him flying. Hulk never came back to question who was stronger again.

He knew. Hence the smirk on his face.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Moving the goalposts, when it suits you, I see!

I'm losing count of the times I owned you just today thumb up

Lol...you didn't own me today though.

Time Immemorial

I believe we have all bent you over with Hulk and had our way with you two lovable jimmie rustlers.

thingy150

I owned you today, when you said that hulk would beat cap atom by dispersing his energy and i destroyed your pitiful theory in 3 different ways big grin

luv ya

Time Immemorial

Oh my god. I might be getting off today. Can't take this making up stuff anymore. \

It was casual backhand.

Don't get rustled,

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120309043943/gyropedia/images/9/91/1327974741374.png

carver9
He didn't even punch him bro, he back handed him and sent him flying. Hulk never came back to question who was stronger again.

He knew. Hence the smirk on his face.

no expression

So this is a backhand?

LHM

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/15/150339/3926424-2913700827-ff0a2.jpg

thingy150
no expression

So this is a backhand?

LHM

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/15/150339/3926424-2913700827-ff0a2.jpg

Nah its just a inferior being flying away after he gets hit Happy Dance

carver9
Nah its just a inferior being flying away after he gets hit Happy Dance

We will see on Dec 3rd.

thingy150
We will see on Dec 3rd.

Oh shit thats the day after my birthday....NICE

thingy150
So carver your life really depends on the outcome of this fight lol, if thanos wins will you even come back to the forum lol

carver9
So carver your life really depends on the outcome of this fight lol, if thanos wins will you even come back to the forum lol

Never said who would win the fight between the two but everyone here better hope the fight is a massacre on Thanos part, because if not...

Also, this is a 6 comic showdown. Six. Starlin himself said that Thanos is weary of facing Hulk so if this fight turns out to be anything like Starlin is making it out to be, then there are going to be a lot of unhappy Thanos fans along with a lot of face down people on KMC who under rates Hulk.

One_Angry_Scot
Never said who would win the fight between the two but everyone here better hope the fight is a massacre on Thanos part, because if not...

Also, this is a 6 comic showdown. Six. Starlin himself said that Thanos is weary of facing Hulk so if this fight turns out to be anything like Starlin is making it out to be, then there are going to be a lot of unhappy Thanos fans along with a lot of face down people on KMC who under rates Hulk.

It's 4 I think.

Plus like I said before I think it's gonna be close. Because what would be the point of making the comic then Thanos brings out some deus ex machina force and beats him.

I think because of there being no point otherwise Hulk will fight Thanos and Thanos will credit Hulk somehow and he either puts him down in some way or the fight is interrupted by one of the other villains in the story.

thingy150

Starlin is literally the only person who thinks hulk stands a chance against thanos, any other writer would have thanos crush hulk so it does not matter.

Thanos is just better, he has better feats, he has a better power set, he has a better name, he is just BETTER.

thingy150
Hulk standing toe to toe with thanos is all PIS, starlin is going to write a PIS filled fight, who cares.

carver9
Starlin is literally the only person who thinks hulk stands a chance against thanos, any other writer would have thanos crush hulk so it does not matter.

Thanos is just better, he has better feats, he has a better power set, he has a better name, he is just BETTER.

Lol...Pak said nothing short of Galactus could stop Hulk. Hickman said Hulk is the most powerful being on the Avengers and the team consists of High Herald and trans tiers. Waid said no one could beat Hulk. Starlin thinks of Hulk as unbeatable. The list goes on and on and on. A lot of writers put Hulk as one of the most powerful being in Marvel. Sorry you didn't know that.

You might want to look at Hulk fts...Ya know, the character you know little of. Then Holla at me.

thingy150
Lol...Pak said nothing short of Galactus could stop Hulk. Hickman said Hulk is the most powerful being on the Avengers and the team consists of High Herald and trans tiers. Waid said no one could beat Hulk. Starlin thinks of Hulk as unbeatable. The list goes on and on and on. A lot of writers put Hulk as one of the most powerful being in Marvel. Sorry you didn't know that.

You might want to look at Hulk fts...Ya know, the character you know little of. Then Holla at me.

Hulk is not even close to one of the most powerful beings in marvel, he is not on that level, look at me seriously and tell me that he is on the level of actual top tier characters like galactus, beyonder, franklin richards, TOAA, tyrant, odin, zeus, LT, dormammu...etc.

The list of the people who could stomp hulk goes on and on. Hulk is not even close to as powerful as you think he is and i have read a good amount of hulk.

Before commenting on any thread with hulk in it actually do some research on the character he is fighting. When you dont know about the character you tend to get embarrassed(like in atom vs hulk)

carver9
Hulk is not even close to one of the most powerful beings in marvel, he is not on that level, look at me seriously and tell me that he is on the level of actual top tier characters like galactus, beyonder, franklin richards, TOAA, tyrant, odin, zeus, LT, dormammu...etc.

The list of the people who could stomp hulk goes on and on. Hulk is not even close to as powerful as you think he is and i have read a good amount of hulk.

Before commenting on any thread with hulk in it actually do some research on the character he is fighting. When you dont know about the character you tend to get embarrassed(like in atom vs hulk)

You said writers don't think of Hulk as Starlin does, I posted what I've read from writers themselves...interviews from writers that has been shared with the forum. I don't think of Hulk as being on their level but Marvel view of the character is extremely high.

Hulk is pretty much on the power scale that I think he is on based off fts. The guy nearly overpowered a freaking abstract not too long ago.

Atom sucks.

thingy150
You said writers don't think of Hulk as Starlin does, I posted what I've read from writers themselves...interviews from writers that has been shared with the forum. I don't think of Hulk as being on their level but Marvel view of the character is extremely high.

Hulk is pretty much on the power scale that I think he is on based off fts. The guy nearly overpowered a freaking abstract not too long ago.

Atom sucks.

Lol Cap Atom wrecks him and you are still salty from when i wrecked you in that thread. You provided no links or anything to prove those writers said that and even then writers say some dumb sh*t. I saw some writers say that movie predator would beat comic wolverine...they say dumb sh*t.

Star428

Oh, he'll be back but I'm sure he'll have some kind of BS lame excuse ready for Hulk getting his *** kicked.

Time Immemorial
Carver, I formally ask you to show me on the doll where they rustled your Jimmies.

thingy150
Carver, I formally ask you to show me on the doll where they rustled your Jimmies.

eek! laughing

I spit coke all over my comp i laughed so hard

Time Immemorial
eek! laughing

I spit coke all over my comp i laughed so hard

laughing

quanchi112
Hulk wins. I will give you one post to recant this awful post.

Raisen
People are joking when they say Thanus wins......right?

Star428
Originally posted by Raisen

LOL. That's a joke, right?

thingy150

If you aren't trolling you need to read some thanos my friend.

Thanos did this to hulk, punted him like a foam football

thingy150
Originally posted by Star428
LOL. That's a joke, right?

Lol ikr, he must be new to comics if its not a joke, only people who have not read comics think that hulk is the "strongest there is".

carver9
If you aren't trolling you need to read some thanos my friend.

Thanos did this to hulk, punted him like a foam football

Are you impressed by that?

thingy150
Are you impressed by that?

Yes i am impressed by hulk trying to blitz thanos and being casually hit away like a 3 year old kid with brittle bone disease.

quanchi112
People are joking when they say Thanus wins......right? Thanos, 10/10.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>