Odin vs reed Richards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Who is wiser?

TheGodKiller
Odin is wiser . Though Reed is smarter .

complexbrother
Odin instantly .

pym-ftw
No prep?
Spite
Odin in literal god stomp

JakeTheBank
Odin.

ozz81
Yeah prob Odin...

h1a8
Not Fraction's Odin

zopzop
Reed.......by far. See the Abraxas incident involving the UN and recreating the universe/multiverse. Then, to seal the deal, check out the Reed Richards/Alien Entity fiasco, where a being powerful enough to create a universe from nothingness needed Reed's mind to mold/shape the new creation.

Cogito
Knowledge does not necessarily translate to wisdom.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by h1a8
Not Fraction's Odin

zopzop
Originally posted by Cogito
Knowledge does not necessarily translate to wisdom.
It would take more that mere "knowledge" to setup a working universe and make sure it's self sufficient (IE you don't have to keep interfering with it to make sure it doesn't collapse).

Reed is omniscient.

Endless Mike
Sometimes Odin does stupid things and messes up, but then again so does Reed

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by zopzop
Reed is omniscient.

erm

No, he's not.

Slaanesh
Reed shot Odin in the face with his Celestials busting gun..

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
erm

No, he's not.
Yes he is. It was his mind that molded 616 reality, not once but twice. An entire universe, the PRIME reality in Marvel, molded by a single being. That's called omniscience.

JakeTheBank
Yes he is. It was his mind that molded 616 reality, not once but twice. An entire universe, the PRIME reality in Marvel, molded by a single being. That's called omniscience.

That doesn't make him omniscient lol.

Reed having two extremely high end feats where his mind is used as a map to mold the 616 reality doesn't make him omniscient.

Do we really need to go through and look at all the times where Reed's allegedly omniscience would have come in handy? The guy's a genius and a bonafide prep god, but to actually suggest he's functionally omniscient is laughable at best.

zopzop
That doesn't make him omniscient lol.

Reed having two extremely high end feats where his mind is used as a map to mold the 616 reality doesn't make him omniscient.

Do we really need to go through and look at all the times where Reed's allegedly omniscience would have come in handy? The guy's a genius and a bonafide prep god, but to actually suggest he's functionally omniscient is laughable at best.

HIS MIND MOLDED 616 REALITY, TWICE. How could that be possible unless he was omniscient?

JakeTheBank
HIS MIND MOLDED 616 REALITY, TWICE. How could that be possible unless he was omniscient?

I'd like to think of Reed's entire history and the vast wealth of overwhelming evidence displaying he's NOT omniscient over the two obviously high end feats of his which express the idea he might be.

I mean, c'mon, man. Really?

zopzop
I'd like to think of Reed's entire history and the vast wealth of overwhelming evidence displaying he's NOT omniscient over the two obviously high end feats of his which express the idea he might be.

I mean, c'mon, man. Really?
If it happened once, you'd have a point. But twice? Sorry. He's omniscient.

JakeTheBank
If it happened once, you'd have a point. But twice? Sorry. He's omniscient.

no expression

So literally decades worth of Reed clearly not being omniscient being portrayed as the norm is abolished by two instances where Reed's mind is used as a blueprint for recreating reality, which in your mind, translates into him being completely omniscient?

zopzop
no expression

So literally decades worth of Reed clearly not being omniscient being portrayed as the norm is abolished by two instances where Reed's mind is used as a blueprint for recreating reality, which in your mind, translates into him being completely omniscient?
Sure, why not? How many other characters have provided the "brains" behind creating an entire reality (the PRIME reality), not once but twice?

JakeTheBank
Sure, why not? How many other characters have provided the "brains" behind creating an entire reality (the PRIME reality), not once but twice?

Pretty sure Reed's omniscience would have been a great help in Hickman's current run of FF/F4. Or all the times he's tried to permanently cure Ben. Or the times he's been outsmarted or outmaneuvered by Doom. Or the countless other times where being literally all knowing would or should have saved the day or at least some grief.

It's ludicrous to believe that's he's functionally omniscient when we're shown on a regular basis that for all his intellect, he clearly is not.

zopzop
It's ludicrous to believe that's he's functionally omniscient when we're shown on a regular basis that for all his intellect, he clearly is not.
Yet twice, he molded creation with his mind. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Silent Master
Hundreds of feats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> two feats.

JakeTheBank
Yet twice, he molded creation with his mind. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And?

If Reed was omniscient, he wouldn't have needed to perfect and expanded upon a science used to predict human behavior during the Civil War storyline to come to the conclusion that Registration was needed. If was omniscient, he wouldn't have helped contribute to a Thor clone/android that killed a friend and collegue of his. If he was omniscient, he would have detected that the guy he helped build that Thor clone with and develop Pro-Registration tech with was a freakin' Skrull.

Using two high end, completely not the norm examples of Reed being omniscient - and Reed's mind being used as a template doesn't even translate into the definition of the word - doesn't nullify the consistent, regular, and vastly more numerous examples of Reed clearly being shown not to be omniscient.

It's ridiculous.

zopzop
And?

If Reed was omniscient, he wouldn't have needed to perfect and expanded upon a science used to predict human behavior during the Civil War storyline to come to the conclusion that Registration was needed. If was omniscient, he wouldn't have helped contribute to a Thor clone/android that killed a friend and collegue of his. If he was omniscient, he would have detected that the guy he helped build that Thor clone with and develop Pro-Registration tech with was a freakin' Skrull.

Using two high end, completely not the norm examples of Reed being omniscient - and Reed's mind being used as a template doesn't even translate into the definition of the word - doesn't nullify the consistent, regular, and vastly more numerous examples of Reed clearly being shown not to be omniscient.

It's ridiculous.
If he wasn't omniscient he wouldn't have been able to undo the multiverse wide damage that Abraxas caused.

If he wasn't omniscient, an omnipotent being, Alien Entity, wouldn't have sought him out to provide the "know how" in order to create the PRIME reality.

JakeTheBank
Well, if you want to throw out 99% of Reed's history and portrayal in favor of two examples which allude to Reed being omniscient (even though I disagree that Reed's mind being a blueprint to mold reality makes him omniscient) even though it's clear, abundantly so, that Marvel doesn't think Reed is functionally omniscient, be my guest.

Guess that make Doom even more badass as he regular battles an omniscient being and does well if not beat him.

zopzop
Well, if you want to throw out 99% of Reed's history and portrayal in favor of two examples which allude to Reed being omniscient (even though I disagree that Reed's mind being a blueprint to mold reality makes him omniscient) even though it's clear, abundantly so, that Marvel doesn't think Reed is functionally omniscient, be my guest.

Guess that make Doom even more badass as he regular battles an omniscient being and does well if not beat him.
Get back to me when Doom's mind (sans any kind of amp) is what molds an entire universe (it's abstracts, it's laws, it's boundaries, etc..) .

JakeTheBank
Get back to me when Doom's mind (sans any kind of amp) is what molds an entire universe (it's abstracts, it's laws, it's boundaries, etc..) .

Why should that matter? Either Reed's omniscient or he's not. And Doom's outsmarted him.

Silent Master

Obvious trolling is obvious.

zopzop
Why should that matter? Either Reed's omniscient or he's not. And Doom's outsmarted him.
Ever heard of low showings? Fact is, Reed's mind is the reason why Death opposes Eternity, why water is composed of H2O, why e=mc^2, why light speed is the universal speed limit,etc.. This was stated on panel.
Originally posted by Silent Master
Obvious trolling is obvious.
The Thread was who is wiser : Odin or Reed. I said Reed. Get back to me when Odin's mind was the brains behind creating an entire universe (abstracts and all). Until then STFU.

JakeTheBank
Yes, I've heard of low showings. I've also heard of high showings, which is something you don't seem to be getting here.

When Reed Richards is consistently portrayed as literally being an all knowing being who understands and comprehends the nature of all things, I'll agree he's omniscient. Until then, he's a far, far, FAR cry from that.

Nihilist
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Odin is wiser . Though Reed is smarter . This

zopzop
Yes, I've heard of low showings. I've also heard of high showings, which is something you don't seem to be getting here.

When Reed Richards is consistently portrayed as literally being an all knowing being who understands and comprehends the nature of all things, I'll agree he's omniscient. Until then, he's a far, far, FAR cry from that.
Well you should be happy to know that Reed's omniscience wasn't a one time thing, it happened at least twice that I can recall. The most recent is this :
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9550/godei.th.jpg http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8476/god2h.th.jpg
His mind is the reason why Alien Entity's creation, 616 reality, didn't fall apart into chaos and nothingness! Using his omniscience he set the four great forces in balance and wrote the laws of the universe and everything in it. He's even the reason why the FF became the FF, because he willed it.

Alien Entity provided the power, omnipotence, Reed provided the "know how", aka the omniscience.

Cogito
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8476/god2h.th.jpg

Reed: "And then? What happens then?"

Asking that question (or any other) is proof of not being omniscient.

the ninjak
Odin has Warriors wisdom. Not Socrates wisdom.

And Reed is an intellectual. And is just learning to be a good father.

But at least Reed is trying. Odin lately is nothing more than a spoilt regal thug.

Wisdom is not the word for these two they both lose.

JakeTheBank
Depends on the depiction of Odin, really.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Cogito
Reed: "And then? What happens then?"

Asking that question (or any other) is proof of not being omniscient.

thumb up

khalidax
Zopzop you are wrong. Reed applied the laws of physics and sciences, his knowledge to the raw and unordered universe. He set constraints to the simulation, so there would be order. I do the same when using finite element analysis software.

Ohmagerd
Am I omniscient ?!

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by khalidax
Zopzop you are wrong. Reed applied the laws of physics and sciences, his knowledge to the raw and unordered universe. He set constraints to the simulation, so there would be order. I do the same when using finite element analysis software.

Ohmagerd
Am I omniscient ?!

Stephen Hawking is omniscient .

zopzop
Originally posted by khalidax

Ohmagerd
Am I omniscient ?!
Reed had COMPLETE knowledge of how the universe functions and it's laws otherwise it wouldn't have worked and it would have fallen apart. Even comic science has unknowns like dark matter and dark energy (like the Fallen One's power source) that keep comic scientists guessing. But not Reed. He understood it all..........perfectly.
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Stephen Hawking is omniscient .
Stephen Hawking can't even figure out black holes let alone being chosen among all mortals to provide the "know how" in creating an entire universe. Fail example.
Reed's mind (omniscience) + Alien Entity's power (omnipotence) creating the universe
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2274/god3n.th.jpg
Reed's mind reaching out to everything in Creation (omniscience)and holding all Creation together lest it fall back into Chaos
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/2070/god4c.th.jpg
Stephen Hawking isn't worthy of being Reed's soiled underpants.

TheGodKiller
Reed had COMPLETE knowledge of how the universe functions and it's laws otherwise it wouldn't have worked and it would have fallen apart. Even comic science has unknowns like dark matter and dark energy (like the Fallen One's power source) that keep comic scientists guessing. But not Reed. He understood it all..........perfectly.

Stephen Hawking can't even figure out black holes let alone being chosen among all mortals to provide the "know how" in creating an entire universe. Fail example.
Reed's mind (omniscience) + Alien Entity's power (omnipotence) creating the universe
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2274/god3n.th.jpg
Reed's mind reaching out to everything in Creation (omniscience)and holding all Creation together lest it fall back into Chaos
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/2070/god4c.th.jpg
Stephen Hawking isn't worthy of being Reed's soiled underpants.

The writer who wrote that entire arc , along with Reed's creators at Marvel Publishing , are nowhere near Stephen's intellect .

Not to mention that black holes aren't the "easy to escape cosmic vacuum cleaners" that comics display them to be . A black hole's center has the same density as the big bang singularity . All known laws of physics break down at a gravitational singularity .

TheGodKiller
Also , zop , who told you that Hawking can't figure out black holes ? Everything Reed's written to know about them is based on whatever knowledge his writer has about real-life physics , to which Hawking has contributed enormously .

abhilegend
Superman is omniscient. He recreated multiverse via miracle machine and mxy and spectre recreated everything based on how he remembered it.
baka

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.