(Dynasty of Evil) Darth Bane -vs- (The Force Unleashed II) Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battlemaster
Time and Space have whisked two warriors away to do battle in a distant place.

Darth Bane - as seen in Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil

And

Darth Vader - as seen in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/f62baf83.jpg

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/5f74faba.jpg

Setting:http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/7dbc226f.jpghttp://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/64908c90.jpg

ares834
I'm a Vader fanboy but even I don't see him beating Bane.

Darth Ray Park
Vader goes down hard

Battlemaster
The Force Unleashed variation of Vader seemed like a beast, though.

Pwned
Bane is a better beast. Especially with Orbalisks.

Battlemaster
Damn, what about Vader's Force Crush?

I like Bane alot, and I'm no Vader fanboy, either. But people a while back were talking like Vader could beat Mace Windu.

I see Peak Suit-Vader against Bane as being very close.

Pwned
I am not sure, depends on the location for that. And his current emotional state XD

Vaders force crush isn't nearly as impressive as some of Bane's showing, especially considering how TK is a simple defense, and Bane is no slouch with Force defense, considering how for a decade that was the only way you could effectively hurt him. Plus he has uber-lightning. Million volts, wasn't it? (The fight on Tython with the 5 jedi, it gives the voltage on his lightning. May have been rebounds and all, but I don't think so)

Battlemaster
Bane's done pretty well for himself.

Darth Ray Park
He is leading the poll with ease.

Battlemaster
Originally posted by Darth Ray Park
He is leading the poll with ease.

Very true. laughing

Jesus Christ, what happened to the Vader support around here?

I mean, Vader has some good feats, doesn't he?

I researched these threads, and a few years back, people were saying that Bane couldn't dance with Vader.

Now, it seems, the tables have turned. stick out tongue

Pwned
That was probably before the DoE shenanigans. Bane got a serious upgrade there.

Major Valerian
As of DoE, I'd say Bane kicks the shit out of Vader, Orbalisks or not.

PoD Bane vs. Vader would be a much better fight.

Pwned
Ehh, I would put it at RoT Bane without Orbalisks. I mean, orbalisks make him effectively invincible, and PoD he is just an apprentice til after the fight with Kas'im (Because he proved his bad-assery)

Major Valerian
Originally posted by Pwned
Ehh, I would put it at RoT Bane without Orbalisks. I mean, orbalisks make him effectively invincible, and PoD he is just an apprentice til after the fight with Kas'im (Because he proved his bad-assery)

I was referring to PoD by the end, when he kicked Kas'im's ass and tricked the Brotherhood into killing themselves. I would've said RoT, but since he has the Orbalisks by then, Vader would lose. As you said, a RoT Orbalisk-less Bane would be a good opponent for Vader.

Battlemaster
Very true. wink

Board Walker
Couldn't Vader just crush Bane with TK even with armor/orbalisk.

Darth Ray Park

Pwned
Originally posted by Board Walker
Couldn't Vader just crush Bane with TK even with armor/orbalisk. Not really. Bane has better TK feats (I do believe) and he also is great at defense against it.

SIDIOUS 66
They seem almost even in the force, except Bane has lightning that is pretty much on par with Palpatine's and is also one of the fastest force users in the mythos.

Pwned
Not to mention that if Bane somehow can not use his saber, he can always use the cocoon.

GoJuice
Seems like Bane in the Orbs is ridiculous for anyone to try and solo. He has few vulnerable spots, heals almost instantaneously and besides them augmenting his force powers anyway, they can inject their chemicals and send him into a rage of pure darkside energy. Just don't see Vader being able to stand against that, especially his lightning and TK, both of which his has used to reduce opponents to ash/atoms.

Darth Ray Park
Outside of the "Force Gods" like Nihilus, The Ones, Vitiate etc... do people think Bane is the most powerful Force User, or myabe Galen Marek?

Pwned
No. Bane is top tier and nigh-unstoppable, but he isn't the most powerful, same with Marek.

Darth Ray Park
Who then? Exar Kun or Luke Skywalker maybe? Note again that I am excluding poeple like Nihiilus, Abeloth, Zonama etc.

Nephthys
Outside of the "Force Gods" like Nihilus, The Ones, Vitiate etc... do people think Bane is the most powerful Force User, or myabe Galen Marek?

Outside of them, Bane is near the top. Probably Luke overall though.

Pwned
Luke is generally regarded as being a Force God himself. As in, "Most powerful Force user to ever live" Force God.

The stupid cartoon and writers think that "Oh, I need something. UBER POWERFUL PERSON LUL"

Frankly, I do not consider the Ones or Abeloth to be Force Users, rather part of the Force itself. Representing their respective things (for the Ones) and Abeloth represents the ever changing future, and how it can lead to complete destruction.

Darth Ray Park
Isn't it made clear that Luke is literally nowhere near as powerful as people Like Abeloth and Zonama etc..? What has he done to be comapred to people like Nihilus?

Darth Ray Park
I mean, he's the hero of the story so that kind of prevents him form being this all powerful god in a way. That is why it is usually villains or non participants who ultimaately have the edge because the writers cna afford to make them into gods and not ruin the story.

Pwned
Lets see, cloaked a planet forever with the Force, beaten Abeloth, trolled Vader, beat Caedus quite badly, and pretty much became the guy you never want against you. Ever.

Trust me, Lukes list of feats is so long, we could all sit here and list them off and not get them all.

Darth Ray Park
This sounds interesting, but how well does it translate to combat or being a real threat with the Force? It certianly is not the same as festroying planet like Nihilus does.

Did he not do this despite being much less powerful in the Force though? And only once right, whereas Abeloth was fighting on good fighting against both Luke and Krayt at another time or something?

These 2 do not impress me.

Nephthys
Luke has manipulated black holes, and used the Force to make himself so immovable, that 'not even the supermassive blackhole at the centre of the universe could move him.' He's used the Force to demolish Vaders castle brick by brick and then put it back together again, and fought Sidious in his most powerful incarnation. Lucas has said that Luke is what Anakin would be if he reached his potential as being 'about twice as powerful as Sidious.'

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by Nephthys
Luke has manipulated black holes, and used the Force to make himself so immovable, that 'not even the supermassive blackhole at the centre of the universe could move him.'

Is this same thing or seperate incidences? And if he is that powerful why does he get his ass kicked numerous occasions and why does he admit inferiority to Zonama and Abeloth etc? The vast majority of books Luke appears in he really isnt exactly portrayed in such a Godly manner so I will also quetsion whether they were result of maybe alightside nexus he was at or deus ex machina?

This is good but puts him around TSA level.

With help of leia's battle meditation and in lightsabers only.

George doesn;t even pay attention to post ROTJ EU and proabbly will overwrite it at some point in future so I'm not sure why he would say this.

I guess my point is, with certain characters, you get the sense of them being these incredible titans of cosmic proportions, these Gods, like The Ones, Nihilus, Vitiate (apparently), Xonama Sekot and her mother, Full Potential Anakin, Force Storm Sidious I guess. You don't get dame impression from the narration in the books that Luke appears in. He just seems like any other jedi, only the very most powerful of them. Someone like Bane or Exar Kun or Revan. Anybody can disagree with this and quetsion whether Nihilus was one trick pony or whatever but I;m sure that deep down in your hearts you know this to be true and can see that there is clear cutoff between the Gods of SW and the really powerful heroes and villains of SW. Luke is second catagoiry.

My personal pick for non Force-God would be TSA btw.

Nephthys

Is this same thing or seperate incidences? And if he is that powerful why does he get his ass kicked numerous occasions and why does he admit inferiority to Zonama and Abeloth etc? The vast majority of books Luke appears in he really isnt exactly portrayed in such a Godly manner so I will also quetsion whether they were result of maybe alightside nexus he was at or deus ex machina?

Seperate, and because he holds back alot, and doesn't use the Force offensively.

But, no Luke really is that powerful.

Pwned
Yeah. Light Side tends to inspire humility, especially considering how he desperately avoids the Dark Side at all costs. He doesn't even use the Force to much after Spectre of the Past (where Mara makes a comment about "Using the Force like a Sith" I think it was)

Plus what Neph said.

Darth Ray Park
But how do we factor that into these threads or our rankings? If he holds back, well then, its his choice, should we not take that character mentality into considertaion?

Nephthys
It really should be stressed that "A Jedi uses to force for knowledge and defense...never for attack." Lightsiders are disadvantaged in using the Force in a fight.

Darth Ray Park
But even defencively Luke has gotten overpowered numerous times in fights, and it is stated that Abeloth is like 20 times more powerful period, not just 20 times more powereful when hes holding back right?

Nephthys
Indeed, which is why Abeloth is the most powerful being in SW, period.

Darth Ray Park
Still though to be 20 times less powerful and still on a sort of "godly" level... what can Abeloth simulatenously move 20 black wholes at once?

Nephthys
No, she seems to kind of suck at fighting. She doesn't live up to that number at all.

ares834
Pretty much. In a way she is like a young Anakin, a shit ton of raw potential but not having the skill neccesary to wield it properly. In the end, Luke can fight her almost evenly.

What's really impressive is that Anakin defeated two Abeloth-level force users at once on Mortis.

Pwned
I think she is 20 times more powerful because of the Psychosis, and her telepathy and mind domination.

ares834
No, her "force strength" is twenty time more powerful.

Darth Ray Park
So she is like untrained TPM Anakin Skywalker almost?

Pwned
Er, no. 20 times more powerful than his full potential in raw power, apparently.

Luke=Full Potential Anakin.

Abeloth>Luke.
Abeloth>Anakin.

Granted, I have not kept up with FotJ due to lack of funds to buy the books, but I had still assumed it was due to knowledge or such. You guys know how "Force Strength" works, especially how everybody and their mother is Strong in the Force.

Xendor_Lives
So she is like untrained TPM Anakin Skywalker almost?

TPM!Anakin doesn't accidentally disintegrate cities populated by of Sith Lords. Or, in other words:

On the other hand,

Luke is only said to become what Anakin could have been, which is more powerful than the Emperor. Nowhere it is explicitly said that their potential is identical. If anything, Anakin's role as the prophesied Chosen One suggests that this is not the case. Or, in other words:

Retconning Abeloth as a servant of the Ones who dominated the Son and Daughter but fled before the Father is a potential snafu, since Anakin cowed the Son and Daughter on Mortis and was intended to replace the Father, suggesting parity (or, rather, potential parity) between Anakin and the Father, in turn suggesting that the distance between Abeloth and Anakin is not severe.

But that's just speculation.

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by Xendor_Lives
TPM!Anakin doesn't accidentally disintegrate cities populated by of Sith Lords.

That we know of... Who knows what kind of stuff he did when he was a baby even. Someone actually posted a theory at official forums one time that maybe all the unexplained disasters that occur in SW is result of accidental use of Force from untrained force sensitive babies...

Battlemaster
In all fairness - Luke had to manipulate a Dovin Basal to create and control Black Holes.

Luke can't create or control one by himself.

WollfMyth
Vader's prime would be ESB and ROTJ, while pre-ANH Vader isn't fully near his prime. Anyways, I go with Bane both rounds.
Round 1: Bane wins with some difficulty.
Round 2: Bane owns him, Vader has no capable answer for the Orbalisk Armor.
If this was ROTJ or ESB Bane Round 1 might be harder for Bane to win, but he still wins

carthage
VADER SLAUGHTERHOUSE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.