TSA (The Sith Apprentice AKA Starkiller AKAGalen Marick) Experiement

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ray Park
This is like Gauntlet but he just does each round regardless of win/lose and he starts fresh each round. Would like to see where people rate him.

1. Darth Maul (no Force Use allowed)
2. Darth Maul
3. Darth Bane (DoE)
4. Exar Kun
5. Darth Zannah.
6. Kyp Durron.
7. Prime Luke Skywalker.
8. Traya.
9. Atris.
10. Darth Sion (Sion does not come back after receiveing ten killing blows).
11. General Grievous (no Force Use allowed)
12. Durge.
13. Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Canderous ordo and HK-47
14. Supreme Overlord Shimarra.
15. 50 Magnagards.
16. 5 Tarentaks.
17. People like Nihilus, Vitiate, The Ones, FP Anakin Skywalker.
18. The Jedi Council in RotS
19. Jedi Temple i RotS (so without Yoda, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan and other jedi like that that were absent at time).
20. Darth Krayt

Bonus Round: Revan

Pwned
Why is Prime Luke only number 7? He dies there, terribly.

What is the location? For people like Zannah and Kun, that matters.

Also, he MAY lose as early as 3. Its 50-50 to me. Maybe even worse, in favor of Bane.

Darth Ray Park
This is not usual gauntlet it is not in order of difficult and if he loses in round one he moves on to next anyway with full health resotred, this is just exeriment to see how he generally fares in all the scenario.

Location you can pick, one that does not give anybody unfair advantage so no darkside/lgihtside nexus nore anywhere that gives someone homefielf advantage.

Pwned
I would say Random-Planet V. We all know it is just a flat, featureless plain stick out tongue

Though just about everywhere is a force nexus at this point, or SOMEBODY gets a home field advantage.

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by Pwned
I would say Random-Planet V. We all know it is just a flat, featureless plain stick out tongue

lol laughing out loud

ares834
I see him losing to 3, potentially 4, 7, potentially 8, 17, 18, and 19. Probably wins in the rest.

Darth Ray Park
You guys think he takes 1? Remember it is just lightsaber battle.

Oh I'd like to add another bonus round:

BONUS ROUND 2: kASIM

Pwned
I think he may lose at 13. Boba and Jango could probably take him down, imo. And with HK, they just have to many gadgets. What time period is Canderous from, KOTOR 1 or 2?

Darth Ray Park
Prime Canderous, so even from the book revan if he is at his best there. Maybe incarnation where he gets to use basilisk war dorid.

Arhael
1. Lose
2. Win
3. Lose
4. Toss up (Lose, if Kun is better with lightsaber combat)
5. Lose
6. Win
7. Lose
8. Win
9. Win
10. Win
11. Win
12. Direct combat he loses. But if it is a hunt, then it's a toss up.
13. Direct combat - toss up. Hunt - lose
14. Toss up. Lose with lightsaber, he needs to learn to fight with Yuuzhan Vong first. But still can win with Force lightning.
15. Win
16. Win
17. Lose to Nihilus, if unable to resist Force drain, win otherwise. Vitiate - toss up, if on Vitiate's planet, otherwise win. Lose to any of the Ones. FP Anakin is same as RotS - lose
18. Lose
19. Win
20. Lose

Revan - toss up. Revan wins, if he is better with lightsaber but there is no good comparison.

ares834
How the hell is he winning 19? There was a shit ton of Jedi in the temple in RotS and if he doesn't have the 501st backing him up he goes down hard.

Also he beats Krayt.

Nephthys
1. Win
2. Win
3. Lose
4. Lose
5. Win
6. Win
7. Lose
8. Lose
9. Win
10. Win.
11. Uncertain
12. Win
13. Win.
14. Win.
15. Win.
16. Win.
17. People like? The hell does that mean?
18. Lose.
19. Lose.
20. Win.

Bonus Round: Win.

Seriously wierd round progression btw.

Major Valerian
Remember this is just a lightsaber duel... Not sure how good Starkiller is in terms of lightsaber prowess. He wins most (if not all) of his battles against his Jedi enemies and Vader using the Force to an extremely high degree.

Arhael
Originally posted by ares834
How the hell is he winning 19? There was a shit ton of Jedi in the temple in RotS and if he doesn't have the 501st backing him up he goes down hard.

Also he beats Krayt.
Ups, that I didn't think of. But the only strong Jedi was Cin Drallig and Anakin killed him having lightsaber in one hand. But if all of those attack at the same time, then, yes, he can lose.

I wouldn't be that certain with Krayt. While he is not particularly impressive in lightsaber combat, if he wears Vonduun crab armor, then he's got way too big advantage.
And come on. Strongest Sith of his time and fought together with Luke against Abeloth like they are equals. We must give him some weight.

Nephthys
Yeah, but Force Hurricane.

Originally posted by Major Valerian
Remember this is just a lightsaber duel... Not sure how good Starkiller is in terms of lightsaber prowess. He wins most (if not all) of his battles against his Jedi enemies and Vader using the Force to an extremely high degree.

You mean the first round? Meh, I really don't rate Maul that highly. Starkiller can beat himin a lightsaber fight imo. He is far superior to him in terms of power and probably about equal in terms of skill (the words 'near perfect' spring to mind).

Major Valerian
1. Not sure. Could go either way.
2. Win.
3. Lose.
4. Lose.
5. Win.
6. Win.
7. Lose.
8. Not sure.
9. Win.
10. Win.
11. Not sure.
12. Win.
13. Win.
14. Win.
15. Win.
16. Win.
17. Lose. Btw, 'Prime Luke', as you put it, = FP Anakin.
18. Lose.
19. Lose.
20. Win.

Bonus round: Not sure.

Originally posted by Nephthys
You mean the first round? Meh, I really don't rate Maul that highly. Starkiller can beat himin a lightsaber fight imo. He is far superior to him in terms of power and probably about equal in terms of skill (the words 'near perfect' spring to mind).

Yeah, I mean the first round. It's just that I'm not sure how truly skilled TSA is in terms of lightsaber combat. He's very good, surely, but just how much? Who does he compare with?

Darth Ray Park
Remember guys the second bonus round with Kasim

Is this for sure?

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by Arhael
I wouldn't be that certain with Krayt. While he is not particularly impressive in lightsaber combat, if he wears Vonduun crab armor, then he's got way too big advantage.

Ah I forgot about thui. Would crab armour give him same kind of advantage that orbalisks give bane?

Darth Ray Park

Seriously wierd round progression btw.

That is pourely the order in which i thought uo each scneario it is not order of difficulty.

Major Valerian
Originally posted by Darth Ray Park
Remember guys the second bonus round with Kasim

Is this for sure?

Second Bonus Round: Not sure.

Yes, I believe it's stated that FP Anakin is equal to FP Luke.

Nephthys
1. Not sure. Could go either way.
2. Win.
3. Lose.
4. Lose.
5. Win.
6. Win.
7. Lose.
8. Not sure.
9. Win.
10. Win.
11. Not sure.
12. Win.
13. Win.
14. Win.
15. Win.
16. Win.
17. Lose. Btw, 'Prime Luke', as you put it, = FP Anakin.
18. Lose.
19. Lose.
20. Win.

Bonus round: Not sure.

Yeah, I mean the first round. It's just that I'm not sure how truly skilled TSA is in terms of lightsaber combat. He's very good, surely, but just how much? Who does he compare with?

In his biography in the first game it says that his lightsaber skills are 'near perfect.' he practices with Proxy a shitton and does fight people with lightsabers quite a bit like Shaak Ti and Vader. He beat Vader with lightsabers and that Maul clone wasn't able to beat Vader in the comics.

Major Valerian
In his biography in the first game it says that his lightsaber skills are 'near perfect.' he practices with Proxy a shitton and does fight people with lightsabers quite a bit like Shaak Ti and Vader. He beat Vader with lightsabers and that Maul clone wasn't able to beat Vader in the comics.

He beat Vader in a lightsaber duel? When?

Nephthys
In the books. He puts Vader on his ass with his lightsaber by hitting him 3 times in quick succession then he picks him up with TK and hurls things at him until he tosses a generator that explodes and rips Vaders armor off.

Major Valerian
Then I'll change my round 1 answer from 'Not sure' to 'Win'.

Arhael
and probably about equal in terms of skill (the words 'near perfect' spring to mind). You actually made me think about him differently. My original opinion was that his lightsaber combat is the only weakness but he actually had enough time and training to achieve his best. Now I would say that he is not as talented with lightsaber like Luke, Bane and some other characters but still difference is not as big, so I put him above Zanah and Maul as well.

No way. If we talk about power, then yes but not combat.
The key difference is in personality. Anakin was too emotional to become perfect Jedi and there is too much good in him to become perfect Sith either. RotS Anakin is pretty much FP Anakin from Jedi perspective. Yes, he rarely uses Force offensively during combat and prefers lightsaber but same is true for Luke. While Anakin as Jedi gets extra boost of power from using anger, Luke has superior self-control, precision and clarity during combat.
Also, in my opinion Luke is more talented.

Almost. Armor is itself is not as durable and I believe can be cut through with big effort. Weak points are bendable areas like armpits, wrists, elbows, neck, e.g. Piercing attacks might get through between shells. But trust me, having armor on gives way to big advantage, even if he sucks with lightsaber.

Darth Ray Park
Nice sig Valerian Steel.

Pwned
I don't think you should count Zannah out. I mean, there are 2 people to be described as masters of Soresu: Zannah and Kenobi. Bane could overpower her with Djem So and massive stregnth and size, but I don't think Starkiller could. And her sorcery could give him a run for his money, because his strength of will is what matters there, not his force power. And has he encountered sorcery? People who haven't seem to tend to have worse reeactions than people expecting it (I mean, Bane knew about it, how it worked, and how to counter it, and he still screamed in terror and agony)

Major Valerian
No way. If we talk about power, then yes but not combat.
The key difference is in personality. Anakin was too emotional to become perfect Jedi and there is too much good in him to become perfect Sith either. RotS Anakin is pretty much FP Anakin from Jedi perspective. Yes, he rarely uses Force offensively during combat and prefers lightsaber but same is true for Luke. While Anakin as Jedi gets extra boost of power from using anger, Luke has superior self-control, precision and clarity during combat.
Also, in my opinion Luke is more talented.

Yeah, I'm talking about power and force potential, not combat skills.

Originally posted by Darth Ray Park
Nice sig Valerian Steel.

Thanks, made it myself.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Pwned
I don't think you should count Zannah out. I mean, there are 2 people to be described as masters of Soresu: Zannah and Kenobi. Bane could overpower her with Djem So and massive stregnth and size, but I don't think Starkiller could. And her sorcery could give him a run for his money, because his strength of will is what matters there, not his force power. And has he encountered sorcery? People who haven't seem to tend to have worse reeactions than people expecting it (I mean, Bane knew about it, how it worked, and how to counter it, and he still screamed in terror and agony)

Starkiller can toss TIE fighters around with his hands, so he's pretty strong as well. TBH, Speed is the only aspect where Starkiller is noticably un-exceptional.

Pwned
Like I said, force power doesn't matter if you are being mind-raped.

Though I admit, if he starts out with any offensive assault and Zannah can't beat him to the punch with some sorcery shenanigans, then he wins. Im just saying, Zannah shouldn't be counted out that easily.

Arhael
Starkiller can toss TIE fighters around with his hands, so he's pretty strong as well. If you talk about that example of tossing TIE fighter, while in air himself, then it does not demonstrate strength whatsoever but Force alone. Also, it was very unrealistic portrayal.

Well, it does. Strong will amplified by Force power gives the desired resistance, that's why Bane didn't get raped. But trick with tentacles might do the work, although, I am of opinion that she can summon them only in places strong in the darkside.

Major Valerian
If you talk about that example of tossing TIE fighter, while in air himself, then it does not demonstrate strength whatsoever but Force alone. Also, it was very unrealistic portrayal.

It doesn't matter if it's realistic or not, it happened. It's canon. And he never said it demonstrated strength.

Arhael
It doesn't matter if it's realistic or not, it happened. It's canon. And he never said it demonstrated strength.

He did talk about physical strength, although, amplified by the Force.

Let me explain unrealistic side of it. He was in air, so his feet were not grounded, realistically by trying to pull heavier object you get pulled yourself.
Another thing is that he started rotating ship around himself and quite fast. In order to perform this kind of thing his levitation capabilities would need to rival Superman or at least Wonder Woman. However, Jedi's levitation skills are normally barely enough to slow their fall and in extremely rare cases Force users could actually fly. This feat is impossible for no matter how immensely powerful Force user is.

See it for yourself. 3:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6hxGGMbta8

It can't be counted as cannon. This is part of game mechanics happening during gameplay. To make it cannon it would need have at least some significance in the game story line or alternatively described in a book.

ares834
That's a cutscene... Not gameplay. It's canon.

Major Valerian

Arhael
But do you agree that from physics and known Force capabilities it makes no sense whatsoever?
Ship weighted several tons and rotation effect was making it much heavier. Jedi have very limited levitation, they barely can slow themselves down or slightly redirect their fall, while body weights only around 80kg. To hold themselves in one place, while being pulled by multiple tones objects, is impossible.

It is portrayal of the Force from game perspective. Moreover, this particular example doesn't have any significance in the story. A lot of things are exaggerated in the game, it doesn't make sense to take every single detail for granted.

For example, redirecting Star Destroyer had purpose in the story and it was portrayed in the book, it is cannon. Marek defeated Vader, it is also cannon. But what that feat does for the storyline? Nothing. It was totally pointless and needless. It's very poor and misleading portrayal from designers.

Major Valerian
But do you agree that from physics and known Force capabilities it makes no sense whatsoever?
Ship weighted several tons and rotation effect was making it much heavier. Jedi have very limited levitation, they barely can slow themselves down or slightly redirect their fall, while body weights only around 80kg. To hold themselves in one place, while being pulled by multiple tones objects, is impossible.

It is portrayal of the Force from game perspective. Moreover, this particular example doesn't have any significance in the story. A lot of things are exaggerated in the game, it doesn't make sense to take every single detail for granted.

For example, redirecting Star Destroyer had purpose in the story and it was portrayed in the book, it is cannon. Marek defeated Vader, it is also cannon. But what that feat does for the storyline? Nothing. It was totally pointless and needless. It's very poor and misleading portrayal from designers.

While you are correct by saying that from a physics perspective it makes no sense, when the feat is seen in a cut-scene, it's canon. It doesn't really matter if it makes sense or not, or if it's pointless and needless. Blame Lucas.

Arhael
While you are correct by saying that from a physics perspective it makes no sense, when the feat is seen in a cut-scene, it's canon. It doesn't really matter if it makes sense or not. Blame Lucas.
Well, Lucas does not keep detail for every single thing, so we can blame game designers/writers. And my point is that it is just different portrayal of the Force. While I say it is unrealistic, I don't discard it. But should it be described in a book, it would be portrayed differently and realistically.

It's like Force drain in games - colorful and visible red lightning. While it is cannon power, in actual books the process is invisible to the eye.

Also, it is important how feats affect storyline. For example, Marek and Vader during fight even in cut-scenes displayed exaggerated feats, while in the book fight is nowhere nearly as impressive and colorful but still it is cannon that they fought and Marek prevailed. But in this case this feat doesn't change story in any way. My opinion is that events from games (especially TFU known for its Force unrealistic exaggeration) must be accepted as cannon only if they affect/make the actual story.

Major Valerian
Well, Lucas does not keep detail for every single thing, so we can blame game designers/writers. And my point is that it is just different portrayal of the Force. While I say it is unrealistic, I don't discard it. But should it be described in a book, it would be portrayed differently and realistically.

It's like Force drain in games - colorful and visible red lightning. While it is cannon power, in actual books the process is invisible to the eye.

Also, it is important how feats affect storyline. For example, Marek and Vader during fight even in cut-scenes displayed exaggerated feats, while in the book fight is nowhere nearly as impressive and colorful but still it is cannon that they fought and Marek prevailed. But in this case this feat doesn't change story in any way. My opinion is that events from games (especially TFU known for its Force unrealistic exaggeration) must be accepted as cannon only if they affect/make the actual story.

I mostly agree, but there is something else.

The whole point of TFU was to demonstrate how extremely powerful Starkiller is. The game is so not really Force exaggerated; it's purpose is to present this new, all-powerful character into the SW universe. The game looks unrealistic because of how powerful the apprentice is. It was the first time we see and play as someone like him. We knew how powerful Sidious is, but we never get to see his power and combat prowess first hand. Only in the movies, and it is not nearly the same as it is in a videogame. When we play the apprentice in TFU, we get to see how powerful the most powerful characters in the SW universe are supposed to be. I think that is why the game was made that way.

Zett
1. L
2. W
3. L
4. W
5. L
6. W
7. L
8. W
9. W
10. W
11. W
12. W
13. L
14. W
15. W
16. W
17. L
18. L
19. L
20. W

IMHO

Nephthys
He did talk about physical strength, although, amplified by the Force.

Let me explain unrealistic side of it. He was in air, so his feet were not grounded, realistically by trying to pull heavier object you get pulled yourself.
Another thing is that he started rotating ship around himself and quite fast. In order to perform this kind of thing his levitation capabilities would need to rival Superman or at least Wonder Woman. However, Jedi's levitation skills are normally barely enough to slow their fall and in extremely rare cases Force users could actually fly. This feat is impossible for no matter how immensely powerful Force user is.

See it for yourself. 3:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6hxGGMbta8

It can't be counted as cannon. This is part of game mechanics happening during gameplay. To make it cannon it would need have at least some significance in the game story line or alternatively described in a book.

O RLY?

You know that Marek can, in fact, levitate himself quite easily? And does so frequently throughout the games and novels? Hell, he does it every time he uses Force Repulse. I don't know why you think this would be beyond him, Sidious too can levitate, as can Count Dooku. It's an ability known as Force Flight. The Dark Jedi Maw levitated himself constantly after his legs were severed. Kaox Krul once fought a Jedi while they levitated themselves over a lake, for hours. Luke could do it, as could others such as Jerec, Darth Thanaton and Revan. Theres an entire technique were one would mediate whilst levitating.

So impossible is putting it a bit strongly. no expression

As it is, we can see his body physically strain to move it. If he was just using the Force, this would not be the case.

And it's a scripted event, meaning that it is impossible for the game to continue without it occuring, making it very firmly canon.

Lord Lucien
Kaox Krul Oh look, an athletic, aggressive young man with shaven dark hair. How original.

ares834
In all honesty, that was one of the worst star wars stories I have ever read.

Arhael
I mostly agree, but there is something else.

The whole point of TFU was to demonstrate how extremely powerful Starkiller is. The game is so not really Force exaggerated; it's purpose is to present this new, all-powerful character into the SW universe. The game looks unrealistic because of how powerful the apprentice is. It was the first time we see and play as someone like him. We knew how powerful Sidious is, but we never get to see his power and combat prowess first hand. Only in the movies, and it is not nearly the same as it is in a videogame. When we play the apprentice in TFU, we get to see how powerful the most powerful characters in the SW universe are supposed to be. I think that is why the game was made that way.
I agree that he is extraordinarily powerful and that no one but Sidious could handle him with Force alone, although, he got handled himself first. Still it is too exaggerated. Sidious performance in film is the "first hand". And we have DE visuals, where he was able to perform unique Force abilities, yet, in actual combat he relied mostly on lightsaber and mind domination.

To farther prove exaggeration of TFU let me make comparison between actual videos of TOR and TFU.

Satele Shan
Satel Shan arguably the most powerful Jedi of TOR time. First I was skeptical about her toppling a tree, while in lightsaber struggle, yet, later I recalled Dooku doing exact same thing with metal structure in AotC in fight with Yoda. Next thing is her absorbing lightsaber. Seems unrealistic but the same thing was done by Keiran Halkion. Then that stone shattering Force push - unrealistic and exaggerated but in fact she got that power from absorbing lightsaber energy. Keiran Halkion was unable to use TK at all as his natural Force limitation, yet, after absorbing lightsaber he defeated his opponent with TK alone. Moreover, that stone shattering was confirmed by Deceived book.

Now lets see Marek video.
Force choked simultaneously around 30 troopers. First of all it's unrealistic for Force users to spread their focus THAT wide. And what makes it even more unrealistic is that all those troopers were shooting at him. Deflecting multiple blaster bolts from multiple sides takes full concentration. Even the most powerful users can't afford to make a single Force push, yet, he comfortably executed Force pushes and not only able to find every single trooper in the Force but to manage to perform complicated version of TK - Force choke on every single one of them, not to mention the need to keep attention on all blaster bolts flying at him. Luke and Mara couldn't defeat a single Droideka and couldn't even afford for one to deflect bolts, while other uses TK and had to approach the matter with various more clever tactics.
And finally that Force wave incinerating troopers. When TK ever was burning someone into ashes? While Bane could do something like that, his attack was capable to shattering bones and liquefying flesh but this example incinerated armor, which is more durable, than bones. Also, how about terrace and trees? Why nothing apart from troopers got incinerated?
He is portrayed like a Force god. Yet, there are Force users like Revan, Luke, Bane a and other immensely powerful characters who performed in their peak time far less effectively against far less amount of troopers.

Did I deny Force flight? I said "in extremely rare cases Force users could actually fly". Ones again, in this example he was rotating ship around him, which essentially means that multiple ton weight was pulling him sideways. But levitation takes a lot of strain. I can give you examples of powerful Jedi that couldn't slow their fall or levitated by forming sort of Force pillows under their legs. If his levitation was strong enough to resist multiple ton weight, then logically he should be able to effortlessly fly like Superman. Yes, it is impossible. We can't assume that his levitation strength was multiple tones stronger, than other Force users' to ever live.

Firmly cannon? Really?
Here is a scripted event (4:10 - 4:32) from TFU. Marek topples three multiple ton weight pillars on helpless Vader but somehow he doesn't get squashed. Then Marek slash his lightsaber right through his stomach, yet he is not cut in half. Then slash leg, which for some reason pushes Vader two meters away instead of chopping it off. And finally does head strike, which instead of cutting through it, reaps it off. Somehow not a single part of body gets chopped off. Is Vader's armor made from Beskar or something equally durable to tank multiple ton pillar strikes and lightsaber? But we all know it isn't. Is it, also, firmly cannon? Maybe you gonna give a quote from novelization, where exactly same thing happened? Well, in fact it didn't happen in the book.

What can be accepted as firmly cannon are actual facts that things happened like Marek moved star destroyer, Marek defeated Vader and put up great fight against Sidious but not it's portrayal. Because game mechanics and details can be portrayed differently by various sources. The main goal of game designers is to make things look impressive but not necessarily in accord with the way things work in actual books.

ares834
No. Just no. It's canon. Deal with it. If we begin to entertain and use the "foggy window" clause then this whole forum becomes useless and we might as well argue solely in the movie vs forum.

Nephthys
Did I deny Force flight? I said "in extremely rare cases Force users could actually fly". Ones again, in this example he was rotating ship around him, which essentially means that multiple ton weight was pulling him sideways. But levitation takes a lot of strain. I can give you examples of powerful Jedi that couldn't slow their fall or levitated by forming sort of Force pillows under their legs. If his levitation was strong enough to resist multiple ton weight, then logically he should be able to effortlessly fly like Superman. Yes, it is impossible. We can't assume that his levitation strength was multiple tones stronger, than other Force users' to ever live.

Yes, its impossible. Because its not like Marek can Force Push hundreds-if not thousands- of tons of metal so hard that it forms a dark cloud over the landscape.

When it comes to Galen Marek 'impossible' is not a word we are at liberty to use. erm

Firmly cannon? Really?
Here is a scripted event (4:10 - 4:32) from TFU. Marek topples three multiple ton weight pillars on helpless Vader but somehow he doesn't get squashed. Then Marek slash his lightsaber right through his stomach, yet he is not cut in half. Then slash leg, which for some reason pushes Vader two meters away instead of chopping it off. And finally does head strike, which instead of cutting through it, reaps it off. Somehow not a single part of body gets chopped off. Is Vader's armor made from Beskar or something equally durable to tank multiple ton pillar strikes and lightsaber? But we all know it isn't. Is it, also, firmly cannon? Maybe you gonna give a quote from novelization, where exactly same thing happened? Well, in fact it didn't happen in the book.

What can be accepted as firmly cannon are actual facts that things happened like Marek moved star destroyer, Marek defeated Vader and put up great fight against Sidious but not it's portrayal. Because game mechanics and details can be portrayed differently by various sources. The main goal of game designers is to make things look impressive but not necessarily in accord with the way things work in actual books.

Yes, Vader's armor is made of materials as durable as Beskar. Durasteel and Cortosis iirc, as well as being embued with Sith Sorcery. Remember when Luke struck Vader with his lightsaber in ESB and all that happened was some sparks shot out? Vader's armor is incredibly durable. And why yes, as it happens in the novel Marek hits him multiple times with his lightsaber without cutting off his limbs, and then explodes a generator in his face, and again Vader survives with only parts of his armor blown off.

Maybe you should actually check your facts before dismissing things out of hand. It'll save you from being as blatantly wrong as you were here, and stop you from looking foolish. As you did here. smile

Pwned
Sure we can. Beat Prime Luke in a Force Fight? Impossibru!!!!

Destroy the entire galaxy with the Force at once? Impossibrui!!!!

Kill Abeloth using only the Force? Impossibru!!!!

Nephthys
Nah, have Kota give him an encouraging speech and he'll be pulling those off laughing.

Pwned
Fine. I will prove one impossibility.

He can NEVER make the bathroom tiles warm in the morning. NEVER!

And he can never find his keys!!!! NEVER!!!!!

And that makes TWO! Ha! Take that!

Nephthys
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/creepypasta/images/b/ba/Omg_Rage_Face.png

I give up. You just took it too far.

Pwned
The usage of memes pleases me..... You have redeemed yourself in my eyes, Neph.

Major Valerian
It might be exaggerated; now that I saw those videos I realize that ... BUT ... It's still canon erm

Arhael
Yes, its impossible. Because its not like Marek can Force Push hundreds-if not thousands- of tons of metal so hard that it forms a dark cloud over the landscape.

When it comes to Galen Marek 'impossible' is not a word we are at liberty to use. erm

There is a reason why in SW no one can fly like Superman. There is a reason why even The Ones used wings in order to fly. And the reason is that levitation is very limited no matter what feats character is capable off. If Marek's levitation can hold him in one place, while pulled by multiple tons, why he can't just fly around?

No, Vader's armor is nowhere near as durable as Beskar. Otherwise, Luke wouldn't chop his arm off. In fact his arm was ones chopped off even by metal blade. And on Bespin, at least the way it looked to me, Vader blocked Luke's strike, so it only slightly touched his arm. And where that information about Cortosis is coming from? Wookieepedia didn't mention anything about Cortosis in his armor. Moreover, Cortosis causes lightsaber to short out, which never happened with lightsabers of Luke, Marek or any others striking Vader's armor. Also, Sith Sorcery was increasing his strength and vitality, not durability. In any case there are enough examples showing that lightsaber cuts through his armor. Most notable one is Vader piercing himself to kill resurrected Maul behind him.

Well, I can't check all the fact. I did not read TFU myself. That's the idea of debates that one person enlightens another. So no need to speak about foolishness.
Better answer, please, next questions, if you read the book.
Did Marek topple on Vader those three pillars?
Did Marek hit him in his leg that Vader staggered two meters away?
Also, there is no generator blowing into Vader's face in the game.
You said cut-scenes are firmly cannon. But how can they be firmly cannon, if they are not consistent with the other source?

I am sorry but I can't accept every foolish game design as firmly cannon. As firmly cannon I can accept only feats that have at least some significance in the story.

Lord Lucien
There is a reason why even The Ones used wings in order to fly. Wait... godly transformations, teleportation, conjuration, alteration, and god knows what other 'ation', are all perfectly fine Force techniques in Star Wars...

but levitation is going too far?

As firmly cannon I can... have... some significance... http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/cannon.jpg

You tell 'em!

Arhael
http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/cannon.jpg

You tell 'em!
lol. As always spot on. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.