Korra vs Azula

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Now that Korra has started to show her stuff in actual bending battles we can start comparing her to the previous generation. The fight takes place in the Ba Sing Se Palace, no comet during the day.

TheAuraAngel
Azula.

BloodRain
Sokka >

Q99
Azula's got a lot more experience in life-and-death battle, and the Aang that Azula was beating at the end of S2 was a stronger bender than current Korra.

wakkawakkawakka
Though Korra would at least be a better earth-bender than Aang.

But I agree that Azula wins. She's still superior in fire-bending and I doubt Korra learned how to re-direct lightning.

BloodRain
Does she even need bending? She was dancing around Aang, Toph and Sokka.

SamZED
Originally posted by BloodRain
Does she even need bending? She was dancing around Aang, Toph and Sokka. QFT

Azula takes this. Possibly even withou bending. Although with a sig like that I can't be objective.

Q99
I'd say she needs bending. Azula can dance around without it, but she has barely any offense without bending.

Nephthys
She kicked Zuko's ass without bending as well, and took Suki out mostly just using h2h. Azula is probably one of the best fighters all around in the series. IMO, she probably trained with Ty Lee starting as soon as she got back to the Fire Nation to prepare for the eclipse as well.

That said Korra is also pretty damn good in h2h, and is freaking strong on top of that.

Rikudo sennin
Azula wins easily korra is pathetic so far.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
She kicked Zuko's ass without bending as well, and took Suki out mostly just using h2h. It must be said that Zuko also schooled Suki, and is physically much stronger than Korra, kicking away a multi-hundred pound stone and palming that one guy thirty feet casually.

Azula beating Zuko with no bending is really impressive.

SamZED
When was the stone incident??

JackSThor
two words, avatar state.

BloodRain
..which one? They both has access to the Avatar state.

JackSThor
azula does not have access to avatar state, maybe to psyhco state LOL

BloodRain
Ah, saw the 'A' in Azula and thought it was Aang..

Avatar state 'should' make her equal to Aang with it (think thats how it works), so only with that will she win.

wakkawakkawakka
Azula has dealt with the Avatar State before...by shooting lightning at it.

Though needing the "I win" button doesn't make Korra look good at all

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.