Odin vs Depowered Tyrant slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who wins?

whacknasty
Did Tyrant still haev a measure of the power cosmic after he was depowered (like standard herald level)? Or did Galactus strip him of it totally?

Sundipped
Originally posted by whacknasty
Did Tyrant still haev a measure of the power cosmic after he was depowered (like standard herald level)? Or did Galactus strip him of it totally?

He got depowered to a lesser state but regained quite a bit back.
Odin won't last too long in a slugfest with Tyrant.

whacknasty
Originally posted by Sundipped
He got depowered to a lesser state but regained quite a bit back.
Odin won't last too long in a slugfest with Tyrant.

Ah, ok. Thank you.

quanchi112
Tyrant wins.

zopzop
Probably Tyrant.

TheGodKiller
Tyrant .

janus77
DPT wins.

golem370
Odin in my imo

janus77
Originally posted by golem370
Odin in my imo
not getting metaphysical, but can you claim other people's imos? confused

Power Cosmic II
tyrant

KuRuPT Thanosi
Tyrant.. clearly

TheRavager
Tyrant

Mshinu
Tyrant, but greybeard makes him work for it.

Stoic
Leaning towards a tie here, or Odin by the hairs on his chin.

carver9
Odin wins.

Estacado
Odin headbutt ftw.

WhiteWitchKing
Odin wins.

Dampyre
Could go either way depending on the circumstances. I do think that Tyrant is potentially more powerful though.

SamZED
Originally posted by janus77
not getting metaphysical, but can you claim other people's imos? confused Apparently in your IMO one can't...

JakeTheBank
Odin.

Sundipped
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Odin.

No. Tyrant would kill him like my avatar would kill yours. smokin'

JakeTheBank
lol Akuma of today isn't as impressive as when he first debuted. Ken on the other hand has only gotten more badass. cool

Tar-Antado
Tyrant pummels Odin into odinsleepthephuckout.

Sundipped
lol Akuma of today isn't as impressive as when he first debuted. Ken on the other hand has only gotten more badass. cool

With Hell murder still at his diposal, he'll still make short work of Ken. Just ask Bison. Ken would be hard pressed just to beat him.

Horrificus
Odin wins.

TheRavager
Originally posted by Horrificus
Odin wins...

...the race to unconsciousness.

Horrificus
Originally posted by TheRavager
...the race to unconsciousness. You might want to brush up a bit on your debating skills.

"Cause I said so!" doesn't usually cut it in here.
And, just to help you out before you post a retort, the following arguments, which I am sure you were about to use, should be avoided as well:

1. "Cause dis guy is real big."
2. "Cause dat guy has a real strong ray-beam."
3. "Cause da udder wun has real smart space-talk."
4. "Cause da wun yoo like looks like heez wearin' a dress."
5. "Dat old guy only has one eye and he talks all faggy-english talk."

Just trying to help.

Terryc250
rip in peace odin

iceman24567
Originally posted by Terryc250
rip in peace odin What?

Eon Blue
Odin

DickBlazer
Tyrant wipes him

Horrificus
Originally posted by DickBlazer
Tyrant wipes him Only because that is his new job, in the morning after Odin's coffee and newspaper.
After Odin demotes him.

TheRavager
You might want to brush up a bit on your debating skills.

"Cause I said so!" doesn't usually cut it in here.
And, just to help you out before you post a retort, the following arguments, which I am sure you were about to use, should be avoided as well:

1. "Cause dis guy is real big."
2. "Cause dat guy has a real strong ray-beam."
3. "Cause da udder wun has real smart space-talk."
4. "Cause da wun yoo like looks like heez wearin' a dress."
5. "Dat old guy only has one eye and he talks all faggy-english talk."

Just trying to help.

No need to brush up on "debating skills", especially when the this debate leads directly to Thanos which is guaranteed to leave all Odin-wankers in an uproar.

Yes, in a slugfest Odin wins...

P.S. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin.

JakeTheBank
No need to brush up on "debating skills", especially when the this debate leads directly to Thanos which is guaranteed to leave all Odin-wankers in an uproar.

Exactly who is wanking Odin here?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Terryc250
rip in peace odin haermm

Odin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Neither you or Jake truly believe this

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Neither you or Jake truly believe this

Elaborate.

zopzop
Elaborate.
Shut up..............whip

Horrificus

Yes, in a slugfest Odin wins...

P.S. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit That's interesting.
Because, I always saw it as a form of "attack". smile

Anyway, Thanos was smiling when he left Tyrant after their scuffle.

But, after a taste of Odin, well, he seemed "unwell". hehe.

I'm not even going to touch on the "Did Odin defeat Thanos?" debate. It doesn't matter.

What matters, is this:

After battle with Tyrant-
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_TyrantThanos.jpg

After Battle with Odin-
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_OdinThanos.jpg

Horrificus
To emphasize my point-

After Tyrant:
Happy Thanos
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_ThanosOuchTyrant.jpg

After Odin:
Sad Thanos aka, Smokey Thanos, Shaky Thanos, Crumbly Thanos, etc
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_ThanosOuchOdin.jpg

zopzop
To emphasize my point-

After Tyrant:
Happy Thanos

After Odin:

Funny thing is he RAN from one of them (after he had prep by studying his opponent), yet was willing to continue the fight vs the other.

PS Thank God for the ignore function.2guns

Sundipped
To emphasize my point-

After Tyrant:
Happy Thanos

After Odin:

You got it backwards & emphasized the wrong points.

After Tyrant:
Admission that he would die if the fight continued. Even with an amp.

After Odin:
I'm ready for round 2.

Horrificus
Originally posted by zopzop
Funny thing is he RAN from one of them (after he had prep by studying his opponent), yet was willing to continue the fight vs the other.

PS Thank God for the ignore function.2guns
First of all... Ignore what? Why a dick?

OK, that's better.

Ran from Tyrant?
Thanos did not "run" in the sense that you are portraying the scene. Why mislead?
His Goal Was Attained.
He accomplished his mission, kept the orb, survived Tyrants attack and saw the whole thing as a victory.
Thanos declares (smiling)- "The contest is far more valuable than the prize. And in this particular contest, the victory is mine". Yeah, he was scared. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_ThanosTyrantVictory.jpg

Willing to continue the fight with Odin? (This is tricky)
He did not want to continue the fight in the way you are saying he did. And this situation has caused lots of trouble in this forum.
Had Not Attained His Goal.
Thanos was there to accomplish a mission. And, to do this, he needed Odin. He felt that Odin was too far gone to communicate with and the only way he could accomplish his mission was if he could subdue him. In the mind of Thanos, he was in "the right", the same way Spiderman or Silver Surfer would see their parts in the situation.
The mistake that Thanos-thumpers make when they delve into this conflict, is that they see it as a potential loss or black-mark against Thanos. Instead of seeing it for what it really is. A successful portrayal of the depth of his character. It is a "win", although they don't see it that way, therefore they continue to argue that Thanos was not beaten.
The point is that he was beaten, "battle-wise". But, he was not "defeated" and would not be until he was either dead, unconscious or successful.
This was a very cool scene which, unfortunately, was lost on many readers.
Anyway,
Thanos was unready to admit defeat, because it would mean that he had failed. But, that does not mean he wasn't beaten.
"Admitting Defeat" is a choice. He was offered the chance to do so after a sound beating.
"Being Beaten" was forced upon him.

2 different things.
Odin offers- "Do you yield villain?". (This option is rarely offered by the losing opponent. laughing )
Thanos, barely able to stand, still determined.- "No". (A lot like the scene where Spidey recently went up against Colossonaut, with no chance, but still refused to give up.)
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_OdinYield.jpg

It is the most revealing scene yet, for Thanos, showing a heroic, proud, almost regal side to him that isn't usually seen.

You got it backwards & emphasized the wrong points.

After Tyrant:
Admission that he would die if the fight continued. Even with an amp.
Admission that he would die?
That is not what Thanos admits. Although Tyrant is basically saying that he is going to kill Thanos, Thanos just says that he is sure Tyrant would, if he had a chance. But, obviously that does not mean that Tyrant CAN.

If somebody wants to kill me, (as many of you probably do big grin), it doesn't mean that you CAN. Especially if the person that wants to kill me, cannot beat me in combat. It means that they may try again. Or, they may try to figure out another way. Or, I had better watch my back.

And, I am sure they would kill me if they figure out how to do it.

The page goes on to show that Thanos thinks he can take whatever Tyrant can give. He GLOATS about it, right in the face of Tyrant.

Then, he finishes the panel by stating the fact that, in his eyes, he has already won over Tyrant.

Thanos (With a smile)- "Further struggle is pointless. I have withstood you and I have obtained all that I sought. Our business is concluded".
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_Chance.jpg

zopzop

OK, that's better.

Ran from Tyrant?
Thanos did not "run" in the sense that you are portraying the scene. Why mislead?
His Goal Was Attained.
He accomplished his mission, kept the orb, survived Tyrants attack and saw the whole thing as a victory.
Thanos declares (smiling)- "The contest is far more valuable than the prize. And in this particular contest, the victory is mine". Yeah, he was scared. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_ThanosTyrantVictory.jpg

He did not want to continue the fight in the way you are saying he did. And this situation has caused lots of trouble in this forum.
Thanos was there to accomplish a mission. And, to do this, he needed Odin. He felt that Odin was too far gone to communicate with and the only way he could accomplish his mission was if he could subdue him. In the mind of Thanos, he was in "the right", the same way Spiderman or Silver Surfer would see their parts in the situation.
The mistake that Thanos-thumpers make when they delve into this conflict, is that they see it as a potential loss or black-mark against Thanos. Instead of seeing it for what it really is. A successful portrayal of the depth of his character. It is a "win", although they don't see it that way, therefore they continue to argue that Thanos was not beaten.
The point is that he was beaten, "battle-wise". But, he was not "defeated" and would not be until he was either dead, unconscious or successful.
Anyway,
Thanos was unready to admit defeat, because it would mean that he had failed. But, that does not mean he wasn't beaten.
"Admitting Defeat" is a choice. He was offered the chance to do so after a sound beating.

He RAN from Tyrant, he stayed vs Odin. It doesn't get any clearer than that.

Back to /ignore.

Horrificus
He RAN from Tyrant, he stayed vs Odin. It doesn't get any clearer than that.

Back to /ignore. Not sure why you are being such a feminine hygiene product, but your argument is garbage.

"Ignore". Is that some sort of new, forum slight? Am I black-listed? Do I have to give up my skateboard and my Justin Bieber posters now?

"Ignore". So funny. Maybe I should be reported. Or, you should post some clever memes that allude to me being unworthy of notice.

Maybe a neat little insult-barrage spelled out in the newest smilies! You and your pals can giggle from your keyboards.

Anyway. Back to your post:

People who are running from danger are not delighted about it and claiming triumph.

You are making a claim that goes against the art and writing of the book in question.

Recently, another forum member has take a LOT of flack for claiming that Thanos was NOT defeated by Odin, although the book clearly showed and stated that he was.

But, because he was considered a Thanos Fanboy, he was slammed pretty hard.

You are basically doing the same thing, making a statement that is not supported on panel, or, at best, restructuring the ink so it fits your argument.

But, I guess you are "cool", so nobody is busting on you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, by your criteria, any time a character has teleported, or somehow, moved away from a conflict, regardless of what is stated or shown, all other details of the story should be discounted and a "defeat" should be declared.

Also, according to your view, the fact that Thanos was beaten into smokey dirt by Odin, is a more positive outcome for Thanos, simply because he was able to utter the word "No" as he struggled to stand.

Um, yeah, he was doing much better there, than as he smiled, gloated and winked away from an impotent Tyrant.

Really? ZZ, is that really what you are saying?

Type it clearly, right here below my post. Now that everybody has had a chance to see the scans, read the words and understand what we are talking about, go ahead and tell us that Thanos fared better against Odin than he did against Tyrant.

TheRavager
Horrificus has been horrifically OWNED.

Horrificus presents an argument as if the board hasn't read the encounters in question, as if a couple of out of context scans won't be seen through like a tight white cotton t-shirt in a wet t-shirt contest.

Horrificus, perhaps you should brush up on your debating skills. :-)

zopzop
Not sure why you are being such a feminine hygiene product, but your argument is garbage.

"Ignore". Is that some sort of new, forum slight? Am I black-listed? Do I have to give up my skateboard and my Justin Bieber posters now?

"Ignore". So funny. Maybe I should be reported. Or, you should post some clever memes that allude to me being unworthy of notice.

Maybe a neat little insult-barrage spelled out in the newest smilies! You and your pals can giggle from your keyboards.

Anyway. Back to your post:

People who are running from danger are not delighted about it and claiming triumph.

You are making a claim that goes against the art and writing of the book in question.

Recently, another forum member has take a LOT of flack for claiming that Thanos was NOT defeated by Odin, although the book clearly showed and stated that he was.

But, because he was considered a Thanos Fanboy, he was slammed pretty hard.

You are basically doing the same thing, making a statement that is not supported on panel, or, at best, restructuring the ink so it fits your argument.

But, I guess you are "cool", so nobody is busting on you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, by your criteria, any time a character has teleported, or somehow, moved away from a conflict, regardless of what is stated or shown, all other details of the story should be discounted and a "defeat" should be declared.

Also, according to your view, the fact that Thanos was beaten into smokey dirt by Odin, is a more positive outcome for Thanos, simply because he was able to utter the word "No" as he struggled to stand.

Um, yeah, he was doing much better there, than as he smiled, gloated and winked away from an impotent Tyrant.

Really? ZZ, is that really what you are saying?

Type it clearly, right here below my post. Now that everybody has had a chance to see the scans, read the words and understand what we are talking about, go ahead and tell us that Thanos fared better against Odin than he did against Tyrant.
I was joking genius, how can I have you on ignore if I can see and reply to your posts. Jeezus.

But I stand by my comment, Tyrant said he'd make Thanos stop breathing, Thanos said no doubt he could if given the chance then TPed away from the fight.

Thanos didn't flee from Odin at all. Thanos didn't go to Asgard seeking a fight with Odin. Thanos didn't take 6 issues prepping and reading up on Odin. Thanos didn't have an amp (arguable) vs Odin.

Sundipped

OK, that's better.

Ran from Tyrant?
His Goal Was Attained.

Anyway,

2 different things.
Odin offers- "Do you yield villain?". (This option is rarely offered by the losing opponent. laughing )
Thanos, barely able to stand, still determined.- "No". (A lot like the scene where Spidey recently went up against Colossonaut, with no chance, but still refused to give up.)
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_OdinYield.jpg

It is the most revealing scene yet, for Thanos, showing a heroic, proud, almost regal side to him that isn't usually seen.

Admission that he would die?
That is not what Thanos admits. Although Tyrant is basically saying that he is going to kill Thanos, Thanos just says that he is sure Tyrant would, if he had a chance. But, obviously that does not mean that Tyrant CAN.

If somebody wants to kill me, (as many of you probably do big grin), it doesn't mean that you CAN. Especially if the person that wants to kill me, cannot beat me in combat. It means that they may try again. Or, they may try to figure out another way. Or, I had better watch my back.

And, I am sure they would kill me if they figure out how to do it.

The page goes on to show that Thanos thinks he can take whatever Tyrant can give. He GLOATS about it, right in the face of Tyrant.

Then, he finishes the panel by stating the fact that, in his eyes, he has already won over Tyrant.

Thanos (With a smile)- "Further struggle is pointless. I have withstood you and I have obtained all that I sought. Our business is concluded".
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_Chance.jpg

sleep

Horrificus this is sad. If you're going to post scans you could at least interpret them correctly. You type a bunch of text littered with impaired judgement. Or is it you really know the truth but are in so in favor of one character that you try to twist it to mislead the masses? Only thing is, the masses here at KMC can see that your logic is flawed.

After testing Tyrants strength, Thanos said "Im sure you would" meaning there is no denying his life would have ended if that conflict continued.
POINT BLANK PERIOD.

You're insinuating Odin was a tougher opponent, meanwhile not correctly comprehending on panel statements. It was a victory for Thanos just to be able to go a round while ampedand leave with the source of his amp. He quickly opened a portal & departed. Sharp contrast to not yeilding with Odin. Minus that amp I might add.

Once again I know what to expect in response: More of your twisted logic. thumb down

Horrificus
Horrificus has been horrifically OWNED.

Horrificus presents an argument as if the board hasn't read the encounters in question, as if a couple of out of context scans won't be seen through like a tight white cotton t-shirt in a wet t-shirt contest.

Horrificus, perhaps you should brush up on your debating skills. :-) Don't go being resentful Ravager. It's not you.
You are waay too money for that.

Horrificus
Sorry. I will address what you guys said in detail.

But, for the most part, you aren't really going after anything specific.

Just saying "no no no no, I don't like that", isn't shooting down my argument or giving me a good idea where to go.

TheRavager
Sorry. I will address what you guys said in detail.

But, for the most part, you aren't really going after anything specific.

Just saying "no no no no, I don't like that", isn't shooting down my argument or giving me a good idea where to go.

There's no need to break down your arguments point by point, it's far easier to own you via context. And make no mistake, context most definitely renders ALL of your "points" on this matter moot.

Horrificus
Sundipped, not sure what your problem was with my post, as far as flow, direction, explanation and presentation, but I will get to that.

sleep

Horrificus this is sad. If you're going to post scans you could at least interpret them correctly. You type a bunch of text littered with impaired judgement. Or is it you really know the truth but are in so in favor of one character that you try to twist it to mislead the masses? Only thing is, the masses here at KMC can see that your logic is flawed.

After testing Tyrants strength, Thanos said "Im sure you would" meaning there is no denying his life would have ended if that conflict continued.
POINT BLANK PERIOD.First of all, I didn't even want to go off on this tangent. Whether Tyrant could kill Thanos or not has nothing to do with my argument. What I was originally trying to show was that Thanos' performance, attitude, condition and communication with Tyrant was completely without fear, humility or defeat.

OK. So, that globe, in comparison to the huge stockpile of globes that Tyrant was tapping, REALLY gave Thanos an "amp"? Think about it. How much of an amp, or an edge did it really give him?

And, you are the one that is obviously insane.

I posted panels, showing comparisons of the condition Thanos was in after each opponent.

How can you just ignore that? Thanos was OUT of it after Odin. He was 100% after Tyrant.

After Odin, all he had left was some pride and some resolve.

After Tyrant, he proclaimed himself victorious.

You guys claim that Tyrant could have just turned around and killed Thanos.

Why the hell didn't he? Couldn't he? Why didn't it happen?

Here are the facts:

Tyrant
1. Thanos was in Much Better Shape after taking all Tyrant had to give. It was stated so on panel. "I have withstood you." THAT is what he said, with a smile and a declaration of victory. If the orb did anything, maybe it let Thanos give Tyrant a couple shots that he wouldn't normally have gotten in or something. But, compared to what Tyrant had, it was nothing. It didn't matter. And, Thanos did not look that bad against Tyrant at all, considering what he was fighting.
Thanos was FINE after Tyrant.

Odin
2. Thanos was a freaking mess after his battle with Odin. The only reason he stood up was because Odin allowed it. Without that breather, there would have been no chance for Thanos to say "No".
He had no chance. All he managed to do a couple times was make Odin mad and ruffle his beard. NOTHING Thanos did effected Odin.
And, Odin messed him up.
The only reason he was able to say he doesn't yield, is because Odin allowed it in the first place.
Thanos was NOT FINE after Odin.

Judging by those 2 conflicts, Thanos fared better against Tyrant. Odin was the more devastating opponent. Period.

Now, are you guys disputing this fact?

Horrificus
Which image shows proof of success and which shows failure?

-------------After Battling Odin----------------------------After Battling Thanos-------------

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/or.jpg

Horrificus
sleep

Horrificus this is sad. If you're going to post scans you could at least interpret them correctly. You type a bunch of text littered with impaired judgement. .

Sorry you couldn't follow my posts. You will see that they pretty much follow the same format:
I guess some of them ran on.

Statement I was debating against.:
Ran from Tyrant?

My argument:

Explanation:
His Goal Was Attained.

Details:

Quotes:

Supporting Scan:

end result-

Ran from Tyrant?
His Goal Was Attained.

Horrificus
There's no need to break down your arguments point by point, it's far easier to own you via context. And make no mistake, context most definitely renders ALL of your "points" on this matter moot. You, my fellow forum member, have contributed nothing to your teams argument.

You seem to be nothing more than a "fluffer". laughing

Leave the arguing to the big boys.

Berating and instigating from the bleachers is just funny.

TheRavager
You, my fellow forum member, have contributed nothing to your teams argument.

You seem to be nothing more than a "fluffer". laughing

Leave the arguing to the big boys.

Berating and instigating from the bleachers is just funny.

Don't be resentful, Horrificus. Your lack of objectivity is obvious to anyone who has read the stories, as is the misconstrued context of your carefully selected and deliberately misleading scans.

Do you honestly think your scan barrage is going to change the opinions of those who have actually read the stories in question?

laughing

Stoic
I would think that the amount of effort that Tyrant expended against the Titan, would be compared to the amount of effort that Odin expended against Thanos as a rule of thumb.

The scans above are simply not enough to justify many of the arguments from both sides. After all, there are two different artists at play. Odin in my opinion expended less energy in dealing with Thanos; it wasn't a wrestling match like the one that Tyrant had with Thanos, although Tyrant was clearly the aggressor, or dominant force on the battlefield he still expended more energy in the conflict.

Odin would win, but he would work overtime for it.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Stoic
I would think that the amount of effort that Tyrant expended against the Titan, would be compared to the amount of effort that Odin expended against Thanos as a rule of thumb.

The scans above are simply not enough to justify many of the arguments from both sides. After all, there are two different artists at play. Odin in my opinion expended less energy in dealing with Thanos; it wasn't a wrestling match like the one that Tyrant had with Thanos, although Tyrant was clearly the aggressor, or dominant force on the battlefield he still expended more energy in the conflict.

Odin would win, but he would work overtime for it. This works.

Bouboumaster
IMO, Tyrant wins.

He fought and won more easely against Thanos that Odin did. I think he's the most powerful of the two.

h1a8
The Odin Thanos fight was PIS. Odin was being jobbed hard. Looking at both of their histories it is clear. Definitely a low showing for Odin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Elaborate.

That you guys don't really believe it? You don't, you can't if you examine the evidence.... Tyrant is simply on another level than Odin and this being a fist fight doesn't change that fact. Tyrant exchanged blows with Galactus... shit he even laughed and mocked Galactus and said if you cut off one of my arms I'll just instantly grow another back illustrating his healing factor and how little damage would effect him. Compare that in stark contrast to Odin one shotting himself on Galactus...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Horrificus.... It's really very simple and all there on panel. These are the facts you can't get around...

1. Thanos WANTED to fight Tyrant and went LOOKING for a fight
A. This is in STARK contrast to his encounter with Odin. he went seeking Odin's help not to fight him... You don't KO or Kill someone you're trying to seek help from for a bigger problem

2. Thanos PREPPED for his battle with Tyrant... he studied tyrant and even gained an amp for his battle with Tyrant
A. Again is in STARK contrst to his encounter with Odin. he neither prepped nor had an amp for Odin

3. Tyrant never admitted Thanos was in his league of power, the only thning credit he gave Thanos was that he was more powerful than the others that attacked him
A. Again this is in STARK contrast to the praise Odin gave Thanos.. Comparing his power reserves to that of his... saying he hadn't found such a tough foe in EONS

4. In his fight with Tyrant while amped and prepped... Thanos AGREED with Tyrant that if he stayed..Tyrant would kill him
A. That is is in STARK contrast to his conversation with Odin. Odin tried MULTIPLE times to get Thanos to back down or admit he was far above Thanos... Thanost NEVER backed down nor admitted Odin was out of his league

5. Tyrant beat Thanos is much quicker time
A. Odin took longer to get the better of Thanos

Seems very easy to conclude from the battles with Thanos.. That Tyrant is further above Thanos than Odin is. Very simple really and I'm not sure why it's being made so complicated or twisted.

Silent Master
My kitchen sink and the Fire Hydrant down the street have the same water reserves, that doesn't mean my sink is in the same "league of power" as the hydrant.

carver9
Thanos couldn't even budge Odin whereas he was able to do the exact opposite against Tyrant. His punches did nothing to Odin as well as his energy blast. I remember Thanos knocking Tyrant some ft with similar attacks.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Did you miss the part where Thanos WANTED to fight Tyrant... The part where THanos STUDIED Tyrant looking for a weakness.. did you miss the part where thanos had an amp against tyrant that he didn't have against Odin? Surely you didn't Carver.. NOT YOU

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Silent Master
My kitchen sink and the Fire Hydrant down the street have the same water reserves, that doesn't mean my sink is in the same "league of power" as the hydrant.

SOrry that is YOUR take on his statement... the complete opposite take is just as sound. Yet, what do you say about the... I haven't fought someone as tough as you in EONS

JakeTheBank
So do you honestly think Thanos was a tougher fight for Odin than a grossly amped Surtur, Forsung, Celestials, etc.? Because if you're trying to take that statement at absolute face value, it's contradicted by other beings giving Odin a much more competitive fight and actually harming him.

Silent Master
SOrry that is YOUR take on his statement... the complete opposite take is just as sound. Yet, what do you say about the... I haven't fought someone as tough as you in EONS

Tough and powerful are not the same thing, I've said from day one that the Odin/Thanos fight is a great durability feat for Thanos.

However, the fight also clearly shows that Thanos isn't even close to Odin's level of power.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So do you honestly think Thanos was a tougher fight for Odin than a grossly amped Surtur, Forsung, Celestials, etc.? Because if you're trying to take that statement at absolute face value, it's contradicted by other beings giving Odin a much more competitive fight and actually harming him.

So what are we doing here Jake... are you picking and choosing which statements you think fits YOUR view on a character and their power level? That's what it seems. As a rule you would agree that we need to take most statements and face value or else we being throwing out 99% of the proof we use to gain insight into a character and their power level. If this was one line.. with more lines contradicting said statement I might be inclined to agree with you. Yet, that was just one of few lines that backed up that general train of thought. When a writer (a authority higher than me or you) makes numerous statements to get a general point across... yes I believer that carries more weight than your view on a characters history and how that statement doesn't quite add up.

Silent Master
Actual feats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> character statements.

JakeTheBank
So what are we doing here Jake... are you picking and choosing which statements you think fits YOUR view on a character and their power level? That's what it seems. As a rule you would agree that we need to take most statements and face value or else we being throwing out 99% of the proof we use to gain insight into a character and their power level. If this was one line.. with more lines contradicting said statement I might be inclined to agree with you. Yet, that was just one of few lines that backed up that general train of thought. When a writer (a authority higher than me or you) makes numerous statements to get a general point across... yes I believer that carries more weight than your view on a characters history and how that statement doesn't quite add up.

Um, no, I wouldn't agree that we need to take most statements at face value. I've gone on record to say that statements need to be looked at per individual basis and not overwhelmingly cast aside or accepted. Either extreme is wrong, and in this specific case, Thanos certainly didn't give Odin a better fight than Surtur or the Enchanters or the Celestial Host. So yeah, Odin giving Thanos props and stating "I've not battled a foe like you in eons" is just a nice statement on Thanos' behalf, but when actually put up against Odin's fights which had taken place before that incident, is obviously not true.

The overall intent was that Thanos was impressive and able to weather Odin's punishment and gain his respect, I'll agree with that. But Thanos being the greatest fight Odin's ever had at that point? Absolutely false.

KuRuPT Thanosi
If we don't take most statement at face value then we are left with nothing. Because we can find contradictions... inconsistencies all throught comics to cast doubt on every statement every made. I don't think you're looking at the bigger picture there. Think about it... most any statement ever made about a character... we can go through there history and find another statement or action that contradicts it outright or cast some doubt on it's validity. If we do as you claim... we would be left with NOTHING. I agree that in some cases there needs to be some critical thinking and analysis on statements. Yet I believe those to be in the minority.. while you believe that to be the rule. So we do differ it seems on that front. Overall... I don't think we are far apart on the Thanos vs Odin fight and what to take from it. I agree with your overall view of it.. I just think it's slightly better take than you have it.

Silent Master
Incorrect, we are left with the actual fight and what it shows.

zopzop
Incorrect, we are left with the actual fight and what it shows.
But it's more than the actual fight, MANY times the lead up to the fight and the circumstances under which the fight takes place in are just as important.

Regarding Thanos vs Tyrant :
The infamous "Orb" issue, you know what I'm talkin' bout! smile

Part I - The Thanos Section
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1849/cosmicpowers01thanospag.th.jpg http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1665/cosmicpowers02terraxpag.th.jpg http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1665/cosmicpowers02terraxpag.th.jpg http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1665/cosmicpowers02terraxpag.th.jpg

Thanos most definitely had prep going into the Tyrant fight. He sought out the person who had contact with him, survived and was willing to work with Thanos. That person was Terrax. Terrax told Thanos about the Orbs and how important they were to Tyrant. That he stores energy in the Orbs and can use it later as needed. Please note when he tells Thanos : Such a power reserve is Tyrant's greatest asset as well as his greatest vulnerability should it be turned against him.

Could this have been why Thanos was holding on to that Orb as if his life depended on it? Could this be why Thanos was blasting him and punching him with the Orb? Terrax's statement sort of fits what we later see Thanos doing in his fight vs Tyrant.
Thanos had SIX issues of prep time AND an AMP vs Tyant.

Thanos went to Asgard to enlist Odin's help in curing a Power Gem wielding lunatic Thor. He didn't go there looking for a fight. Asgard attacked first.

carver9
Did you miss the part where Thanos WANTED to fight Tyrant... The part where THanos STUDIED Tyrant looking for a weakness.. did you miss the part where thanos had an amp against tyrant that he didn't have against Odin? Surely you didn't Carver.. NOT YOU

Lol...I agree with you amazing post you put together previously. I'm undecided on this battle. You and Horrific are putting together some good points.

Silent Master
But it's more than the actual fight, MANY times the lead up to the fight and the circumstances under which the fight takes place in are just as important.

Regarding Thanos vs Tyrant :

Thanos had SIX issues of prep time AND an AMP vs Tyant.

Thanos went to Asgard to enlist Odin's help in curing a Power Gem wielding lunatic Thor. He didn't go there looking for a fight. Asgard attacked first.

The lead up to the Odin/Thanos fight doesn't change that the fight itself was a one sided beat down where Thanos ended up needing multiple panels just to struggle back to his feet.

zopzop
The lead up to the Odin/Thanos fight doesn't change that the fight itself was a one sided beat down where Thanos ended up needing multiple panels just to struggle back to his feet.
If Thanos had SIX issues of prep time and actually went LOOKING to fight Odin, there'd be nothing left of Asgard except charred ruins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Really... So Thanos prepping for Tyrant and getting an amp for a fight he went looking for.. changes nothing? LMAO ok... The fact that Thanos not only wasn't looking for a fight with Odin but seeking his help AND having to one shot asgard warriors RIGHT before he fought Odin.. means nothing... Nice logic.

KuRuPT Thanosi
If Thanos had SIX issues of prep time and actually went LOOKING to fight Odin, there'd be nothing left of Asgard except charred ruins.

Even worse.. when a weaker version of Thanos.. had minimal prep.. as in 10 minutes to think of a plan... he beat Odin and took the throne of asgard with ease.. what a difference eh in camparison to Tyrant.

Silent Master

How does your speculation change the fact that the Odin/Thanos fight was a one-sided beat down where Thanos ended up nedding several panels just to struggle back to his feet?

JakeTheBank
That Thanosi didn't prep for ten minutes, get real.

He had Odin's advisor poison him over the course of months, preventing him from regaining his full power after Odin's war with the the Dark Gods and other threats.

KuRuPT Thanosi
YET BUT HOW LONG DID THAT PLAN TAKE TO COME UP WITH.. Honestly Jake... I'm going to get someone close to Odin to poisen him... Yeah I'm sure that took months of thinking for anyone let alone a Thanosi... Surely it did... Come on jake.. a plan like that takes less than ten minutes to come up with.. I was being generous.

Ooo and CARVER.. No more Hulk beating thanos nonsense okay.. Which is why you haven't bumped those old threads... Now all I have to say is.. with a mere thought... Thanos mindrapes Hulk.. BWAHAHAHHA

zopzop
How does your speculation change the fact that the Odin/Thanos fight was a one-sided beat down where Thanos ended up nedding several panels just to struggle back to his feet?
What speculation?
Fact : Thanos had SIX issues of prep and went looking to fight Tyrant
Fact: Terrax told Thanos about the orbs and them being his greatest asset and biggest weakness if they were used against him
Fact : Thanos acknowledged that Tyrant would kill him if given a chance and tped away from the fight
Fact : Thanos did not go to Asgard looking for a fight, but to help cure Thor
Fact : Thanos had ZERO prep heading (unknown to him) into a showdown with a high end Skyfather
Fact : Thanos did not run from Odin

Silent Master
Fact: The Odin/Thanos fight was a one-sided beat down that ended with Thanos needing several panels just to struggle back to his feet.

zopzop
Fact: The Odin/Thanos fight was a one-sided beat down that ended with Thanos needing several panels just to struggle back to his feet. Originally posted by zopzop
What speculation?
Fact : Thanos had SIX issues of prep and went looking to fight Tyrant
Fact: Terrax told Thanos about the orbs and them being his greatest asset and biggest weakness if they were used against him
Fact : Thanos acknowledged that Tyrant would kill him if given a chance and tped away from the fight
Fact : Thanos did not go to Asgard looking for a fight, but to help cure Thor
Fact : Thanos had ZERO prep heading (unknown to him) into a showdown with a high end Skyfather
Fact : Thanos did not run from Odin

Silent Master
None of the things you listed change the fact that the Odin/Thanos fight was a one-sided beat down that ended with Thanos needing several panels just to struggle back to his feet.

Nihilist
Suprised no one has put up a half decent arguement for Odin to win.

Sundipped
I'm only doing this because I'm bored.

OK. So, that globe, in comparison to the huge stockpile of globes that Tyrant was tapping, REALLY gave Thanos an "amp"? Think about it. How much of an amp, or an edge did it really give him?

Enough to do this. Notice how the orb is energized.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12218046_880866-thanos_vs_tyrant_super.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12218047_thetyrantvsthanosbattle4.jpg

And, you are the one that is obviously insane.
I posted panels, showing comparisons of the condition Thanos was in after each opponent.
How can you just ignore that? Thanos was OUT of it after Odin. He was 100% after Tyrant.

facepalm2

You call this 100%? Thanos's suit is still in tact after Odin. Lets compare:

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12219196_OdinYield.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12218048_thanosyetlive.png

You guys claim that Tyrant could have just turned around and killed Thanos.

facepalm2

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12219207_tyrantwouldcorrect.png

Why the hell didn't he? Couldn't he? Why didn't it happen?

facepalm2

Because he teleported.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12219206_ThanosTyrantVictory.jpg

Horrificus
Originally posted by Nihilist
Suprised no one has put up a half decent arguement for Odin to win. sigh...

...I just can't win.

Tar-Antado
Thanos didn't run away from Odin because he knew Sif would stop the fight.......*Pfffft* I can't even type this with a straight face.

Horrificus
I'm only doing this because I'm bored.

Enough to do this. Notice how the orb is energized.

facepalm2

You call this 100%? Thanos's suit is still in tact after Odin. Lets compare:

facepalm2

facepalm2

Because he teleported.

Were those actually "arguments", or did you just sh*t yourself? confused

Come on Mr., um... Mr. Dipped. You are so better than this.
The Sundipped whose career I followed in these forums, was the single greatest debating genius to ever open a comic book.

You used to be so "money". You sold out man. You sold out to the man.

Now, you go around, crushing defenseless, friendly forum members, (such as myself) with those MERCILESS facepalms.

It's just not right. Go easy, man, go easy.

That, my friend, is "roll eyes (sarcastic)".

Horrificus
I was joking genius, how can I have you on ignore if I can see and reply to your posts. Jeezus.

I am only going to say this once, because I DETEST forum lingo, as should be evident in my 7 or 8 years of posting here.

I, Horrificus, was mistakenly "butthurt". disgust

I... apologize for becoming defensive. puke

Please understand how disturbing it was for me to write this post.

zopzop
I am only going to say this once, because I DETEST forum lingo, as should be evident in my 7 or 8 years of posting here.

I, Horrificus, was mistakenly "butthurt". disgust

I... apologize for becoming defensive. puke

Please understand how disturbing it was for me to write this post.
group

Horrificus
group OK. Now I'm pissed again.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...I agree with you amazing post you put together previously. I'm undecided on this battle. You and Horrific are putting together some good points.

Points good ol' horrificus can't counter... ha

Horrificus
Points good ol' horrificus can't counter... ha If you go back and read all of my posts, you will see that I have already addressed and defeated any points you have made, that were pertinent to this debate.

Mostly, before you even showed up and posted your points.

I just don't like to keep answering the same things over and over.

And, I don't want to insult you. Well, I do, but I'm fighting it.

This debate is already won.

What this character or that character was thinking or feeling, described through our opinions, means nothing.

All that matters is what happened on panel. We have 2 fights to review.

You can basically go through each one and add up effective attacks, effective defenses, and the effects of each. You can see the damage, read the dialogue and review the end results, side by side, through the scans I have presented.

Horrificus
group Is it just me? The more I look at this smile, the more disturbing it gets.
I hate them.

zopzop
Is it just me? The more I look at this smile, the more disturbing it gets.
I hate them.
hug

Horrificus
hug Must, record the effects of unnatural yellow imagery...

Causing strange, unpleasant desire to "cuddle" something.

Also, the corners of mouth...curving upward in some unfamiliar gesture.

Increasingly difficult to berate or degrade others.

Experiencing a horrible feeling of well-being and fellowship.

Erasing my usual need to harm all things weak, small and harmless.

Truly diabolical.

KuRuPT Thanosi
If you go back and read all of my posts, you will see that I have already addressed and defeated any points you have made, that were pertinent to this debate.

Mostly, before you even showed up and posted your points.

I just don't like to keep answering the same things over and over.

And, I don't want to insult you. Well, I do, but I'm fighting it.

This debate is already won.

What this character or that character was thinking or feeling, described through our opinions, means nothing.

All that matters is what happened on panel. We have 2 fights to review.

You can basically go through each one and add up effective attacks, effective defenses, and the effects of each. You can see the damage, read the dialogue and review the end results, side by side, through the scans I have presented.

Actually that isn't close to true... you can't COUNTER ANY OF THE POINTS i have made below... Please amuse me and try...

Horrificus.... It's really very simple and all there on panel. These are the facts you can't get around...

1. Thanos WANTED to fight Tyrant and went LOOKING for a fight
A. This is in STARK contrast to his encounter with Odin. he went seeking Odin's help not to fight him... You don't KO or Kill someone you're trying to seek help from for a bigger problem

2. Thanos PREPPED for his battle with Tyrant... he studied tyrant and even gained an amp for his battle with Tyrant
A. Again is in STARK contrst to his encounter with Odin. he neither prepped nor had an amp for Odin

3. Tyrant never admitted Thanos was in his league of power, the only thning credit he gave Thanos was that he was more powerful than the others that attacked him
A. Again this is in STARK contrast to the praise Odin gave Thanos.. Comparing his power reserves to that of his... saying he hadn't found such a tough foe in EONS

4. In his fight with Tyrant while amped and prepped... Thanos AGREED with Tyrant that if he stayed..Tyrant would kill him
A. That is is in STARK contrast to his conversation with Odin. Odin tried MULTIPLE times to get Thanos to back down or admit he was far above Thanos... Thanost NEVER backed down nor admitted Odin was out of his league

5. Tyrant beat Thanos is much quicker time
A. Odin took longer to get the better of Thanos

Seems very easy to conclude from the battles with Thanos.. That Tyrant is further above Thanos than Odin is. Very simple really and I'm not sure why it's being made so complicated or twisted.

Classic NES
Odin.

Horrificus
Actually that isn't close to true... you can't COUNTER ANY OF THE POINTS i have made below... Please amuse me and try... I'm busy.

OneDumbG0
Odin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
^^^ Goes down

Horrificus
ok

You are misrepresenting the situations.
He didn't go to fight Tyrant. He wanted an orb and a test skirmish.
This doesn't matter anyway.

Thanos grabbed 1 orb. Tyrant taps thousands. The orb made zero difference.
Again, the mission was to grab an orb, for study of Tyrant's powers.
You would have to show any prep that Thanos used for his encounter with Tyrant.

Not really caring about either statements. Just the outcomes.

You still have to show the "amp" and "prep". The orb was negligible.
The statements made by Tyrant and Thanos, concerning Tyrant killing Thanos, really mean nothing.
I could beat the crap out of somebody, but, if I give him the chance, he could still kill me. True?
The Odin statements mean nothing. Odin was simply playing by different rules than Tyrant. He still cleaned Thanos up easily and decisively.

I have no idea how long either battle took to complete. I do know that, regardless of time, Odin had more effect on Thanos, less of a struggle and probably spent half the time finding where he blasted the body of Thanos after each volley.
Or, he simply waited for his purple carcass to stop smoldering due to it's unpleasant smell.

Sundipped
Damn Horrificus. You still taking those bs stances? messed
Not trying to be rude but do you really know how completely idiotic your above post is?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Pretty much... He didn't counter ANY of my points and just basically said nah those statements don't matter or count for anything... That pretty much sums up what he calls a retort.

Sundipped
Pretty much... He didn't counter ANY of my points and just basically said nah those statements don't matter or count for anything... That pretty much sums up what he calls a retort.

That's what happens during the mist of defeat.
He should either admit his judgment is off or simply not post a response at all. Anything but continuing to show KMC he is lacking in several mental departments.

Horrificus
I did counter the points that I thought were worth countering. It is you guys who are not being specific. Now, if you want to say that my stance is wrong, that's fine. But, at least point out which ones and why.

Because, yeah, you are just being a couple of rude 'tards. And, no, this thread isn't at the top of my priority list. And, hell no, you guys aren't giving any kind of argument at all. At least, nothing worth my time, scans and brainpower.

You are simply, "wrong". Which is why you instantly fall back on being rude and negative, where there was no reason for it.

Now, run along and continue buggering each other.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You said Thanos didn't prep for Tyrant and he wasn't seeking a battle on looking for the orb.. that couldn't be further from the truth. Thanos makes it clear via on panel narration.. He's is looking to test his might against a worth foe... Doesn't get more clear than that. He also preps by studying tyrant in many ways... first by hacking into his computer.. then by seeking out Terrax to learn more about him... How can you with a straight face say he didn't want to fight Tyrant and didn't prep for Tyrant is beyond me. The reality is this...

Thanos was prepped and amped and looking for a fight against Tyrant. Even with all that left in a much shorter period of time admitting Tyrant would kill him if he left... This is vastly different than Odin..

WIth Odin, he wasn't looking for a fight and didn't prep for one nor have an amp for that fight. He went there seeking Odin's help. During their fight, unlike with Tyrant, Thanos NEVER backed down from Tyrant nor admitted Odin was superior despite numerous attempts by Odin to get thanod to do so.

Pretty cut and dry

Horrificus
You said Thanos didn't prep for Tyrant and he wasn't seeking a battle on looking for the orb.. that couldn't be further from the truth. Thanos makes it clear via on panel narration.. He's is looking to test his might against a worth foe... Doesn't get more clear than that. He also preps by studying tyrant in many ways... first by hacking into his computer.. then by seeking out Terrax to learn more about him... How can you with a straight face say he didn't want to fight Tyrant and didn't prep for Tyrant is beyond me. The reality is this...

Thanos was prepped and amped and looking for a fight against Tyrant. Even with all that left in a much shorter period of time admitting Tyrant would kill him if he left... This is vastly different than Odin..

WIth Odin, he wasn't looking for a fight and didn't prep for one nor have an amp for that fight. He went there seeking Odin's help. During their fight, unlike with Tyrant, Thanos NEVER backed down from Tyrant nor admitted Odin was superior despite numerous attempts by Odin to get thanod to do so.

Pretty cut and dry I said that he was looking for a test skirmish with Tyrant. You should actually read my posts before ridiculing.

I just don't think it mattered. He showed no prep. Just because he got info on Tyrant does not change anything. He still walked right in and started brawling. Just as he did with Odin.

Otherwise, according to you, any time a character knows the background of any opposing character, that is classified as "prep".

The only difference, as far as I'm concerned, is that Odin had been fighting the other members of the Infinity Watch and had just taken out the Silver Surfer before Thanos stepped in.

So, Odin had just laughed off other attacks, including strikes from SS, then he faces off with Thanos, and spanks him like a little child.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Again you just can't admit when you're wrong... SHOW ME narration that says he was looking for a test skirmish with Tyrant. What in fact the narration is.. he's looking to test his might and searching for a foe to do so... Regardless, the issue was you disagreeing with the fact that Thanos was LOOKING for a fight, which in fact he was.

The next problem you have is your disagreement that Thanos prepped for Tyrant...when he UNQUESTIONABLY did. Yes, studying an opponent before you fight them IS considered prep. Yet, the prep even goes beyond that to solidify it AS prep... When you study your opponent looking for a way to beat them and FIND a weakness of theirs and try and exploit it.. That is 100% what prep is and EXACTLY what Thanos did before he met Tyrant, and again, exactly the opposite of what he did with Odin on pretty much every level.

Don't give me this he was fighting Drax and Surfer nonsense... he pretty much one shot them with ease. To say nothing of the fact that Thanos had an een harder road before Odin... Fought PG Thor in a decent fight... then showed up in Asgard and fought their Army before Odin showed up.

Lastly, and this is something you can't get around. Thanos felt both Tyrant's and Odin power... Yet, with Odin Thanos NEVER backed down from Odin nor felt like he was out of his league or Odin would kill him despite numerous attempts by Odin to have thanos admit this.. Yet with Tyrant, who he prepped for and was amped for... he backed down and admitted Tyrant woudl kill him.

Bouboumaster
Again you just can't admit when you're wrong... SHOW ME narration that says he was looking for a test skirmish with Tyrant. What in fact the narration is.. he's looking to test his might and searching for a foe to do so... Regardless, the issue was you disagreeing with the fact that Thanos was LOOKING for a fight, which in fact he was.

The next problem you have is your disagreement that Thanos prepped for Tyrant...when he UNQUESTIONABLY did. Yes, studying an opponent before you fight them IS considered prep. Yet, the prep even goes beyond that to solidify it AS prep... When you study your opponent looking for a way to beat them and FIND a weakness of theirs and try and exploit it.. That is 100% what prep is and EXACTLY what Thanos did before he met Tyrant, and again, exactly the opposite of what he did with Odin on pretty much every level.

Don't give me this he was fighting Drax and Surfer nonsense... he pretty much one shot them with ease. To say nothing of the fact that Thanos had an een harder road before Odin... Fought PG Thor in a decent fight... then showed up in Asgard and fought their Army before Odin showed up.

Lastly, and this is something you can't get around. Thanos felt both Tyrant's and Odin power... Yet, with Odin Thanos NEVER backed down from Odin nor felt like he was out of his league or Odin would kill him despite numerous attempts by Odin to have thanos admit this.. Yet with Tyrant, who he prepped for and was amped for... he backed down and admitted Tyrant woudl kill him.

thumb up

Horrificus
Again you just can't admit when you're wrong... SHOW ME narration that says he was looking for a test skirmish with Tyrant. What in fact the narration is.. he's looking to test his might and searching for a foe to do so... Regardless, the issue was you disagreeing with the fact that Thanos was LOOKING for a fight, which in fact he was. First of all, this point means nothing. Second, you are not reading my posts. I said "test skirmish" as a nod to finding somebody to test his might against.

Thanos learned nothing about Tyrant that was used during the fight. He simply strolled in and gave Tyrant a better fight than he gave Odin. Unless you can show different. You need to prove your point.

It is not nonsense.
This has already been hashed out in other threads.
Before he fought against Odin, Thanos was simply standing on a hill, having a conversation. He was fresh.
Odin was fighting with Drax and Surfer. And, you are low-balling that. Kudos!

How Thanos felt or thought is trumped by the actual events of the fights.
You are trying to delve into the thoughts of Thanos and use it to negate how badly he was beaten by Odin, in comparison to Tyrant.
It doesn't wash. Results and events will always be more important that the little statements made here and there in a comic. Especially weak examples, such as the one you are mentioning. I have already addressed it, and you re simply ignoring what I stated.
I can beat the hell out of somebody and still admit that, if given the chance, they would kill me. It does not mean that I am not the better fighter and I have just beaten the crap out of them.

Also, Thanos did not have an "amp". When compared to the thousands of orbs Tyrant taps, Thanos having one, is completely inconsequential. He simply wanted to study it.

Your "prep" argument means nothing unless you can show how Thanos used his prep for Tyrant.

Bouboumaster
First of all, this point means nothing. Second, you are not reading my posts. I said "test skirmish" as a nod to finding somebody to test his might against.

Thanos learned nothing about Tyrant that was used during the fight. He simply strolled in and gave Tyrant a better fight than he gave Odin. Unless you can show different. You need to prove your point.

It is not nonsense.
Before he fought against Odin, Thanos was simply standing on a hill, having a conversation. He was fresh.

You are trying to delve into the thoughts of Thanos and use it to negate how badly he was beaten by Odin, in comparison to Tyrant.
It doesn't wash. Results and events will always be more important that the little statements made here and there in a comic. Especially weak examples, such as the one you are mentioning. I have already addressed it, and you re simply ignoring what I stated.
I can beat the hell out of somebody and still admit that, if given the chance, they would kill me. It does not mean that I am not the better fighter and I have just beaten the crap out of them.

Also, Thanos did not have an "amp". When compared to the thousands of orbs Tyrant taps, Thanos having one, is completely inconsequential. He simply wanted to study it.

Your "prep" argument means nothing unless you can show how Thanos used his prep for Tyrant.

Your choice of image sucks.
Why didn't you picked the last one of each fight?

Horrificus
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Why didn't you picked the last one of each fight? Why don't you post the images that you think are important.
Then, maybe some 'tard will post his feelings about it.
It's a lot of fun!

zopzop
Why don't you post the images that you think are important.
It's a lot of fun!
We need to get you in anger management courses. I'll join you so you don't feel lonely.gathering

Bouboumaster
Why don't you post the images that you think are important.
It's a lot of fun!

http://referentiel.nouvelobs.com/file/3533792.jpg

Horrificus
We need to get you in anger management courses. I'll join you so you don't feel lonely.gathering It would help if you found something more menacing than soft, androgynous, yellow "gigglers" to portray us. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sundipped
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Why didn't you picked the last one of each fight?

Funny thing is he thinks he really made a convincing argument with those cut scans. laughing out loud

Zop said something about anger management. Forget that. A phychaitrist would be more suitable.

Horrificus
Funny thing is he thinks he really made a convincing argument with those cut scans. laughing out loud

Zop said something about anger management. Forget that. A phychaitrist would be more suitable. They were just the results of each battle. Plain and simple.

You, pretty much, have been unable to contribute anything to your argument, other than these stupid jabs and taunts.

Quite a strategy you have there.

Bouboumaster
They were just the results of each battle. Plain and simple.

No they aren't, and you obviously know it.

On one hand, Thanos is still standing, ready for more.
On the other hand, Thanos, at the very least, conceide, and gtfo.

That's it. Both fights Thanos gave it a shot, and he lost in both, but Odin didn't put Thanos in an immediate death treat while he had to flee from Tyrant.

Tyrant wins against Odin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
First of all, this point means nothing. Second, you are not reading my posts. I said "test skirmish" as a nod to finding somebody to test his might against.

It is not nonsense.

Okay so you made your first concession... Good... you're making progress man...

1. You concede that Thanos was LOOKING test his might against Tyrant... while NOT looking to do so against Odin. In fact, he was seeking Odin's help not looking for a fight. Worlds apart in mindset and actions.

2. You still haven conceded the prep part... and why is simply beyond me... So... lets make it cut and dry here...

Would you consider prep finding out a weakness of an opponent and using that weakness against them? If your being honest you would have to agree.. and that is EXACTLY WHAT THANOS did. He sought out Terrax... He told him what Tyrant greatest weakness was and thanos exploited that weakness to use against him just as Tyrant said.. I will accept your concession.. but wait.. there is more...

Would you consider prep.. studying an opponent via your computers and hacking into HIS computers to find out more about them? How about then seeking somebody personally out to find out more about them and any weakness. Again, if honest, you would have to answer yes. Funny enough Thanos did just that. Hopefully now you'll concede the point.

3. Lastly, your example is horrible... You kick the crap out of someone yet admit they could still kill you.. THAT is the best you can do? Really? I expect better from you Horrificus... You might have a SLIGHT point if the events weren't the EXACT opposite of your example. It makes NO SENSE to say that after you kick the crap out of somebody.. Yet it does MAKE PERFECT sense and fit to say that after you've kicked the crap out of someone and just reiterrate what everybody saw.. you kicked his ass and probably could've killed him.

Sundipped
They were just the results of each battle. Plain and simple.

You, pretty much, have been unable to contribute anything to your argument, other than these stupid jabs and taunts.

Quite a strategy you have there.

You've already been told by me and others that your logic is flawed and shown why.

These are the results you should be paying attention to:

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/12295231_OdinVsThanos9.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/12295232_1632478-1057396_tyrant5_super_super-1.jpg

Thanos charging through concentrated energy channeled by Odin compared to looking like he's being disinegrated by Tyrant ep. Tyrant only hit Thanos 3 times. That was the third. Enough to make him realize Tyrant would kill him. Thanos was able to tank Odin but not tank any of Tyrants shots. Big disparity. You can throw those end of battle scans out the window.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Even the end of the battle scenes... Thanos lost his armor against Tyrant... no such thing against Odin...

Horrificus
Good arguments.

Power Cosmic II
Odin girds himself for an impromptu odinsleep

quanchi112
Tyrant clearly wins.

Horrificus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Tyrant clearly wins. I wouldn't say that.

I just got tired of being insulted by "Fantards".

zopzop
I wouldn't say that.

I just got tired of being insulted by "Fantards".
Admit it, you LOVED the attention! naughty

And like Quanchi said : Tyrant wins! Flawless Victory.......Fatality! Happy Dance

Horrificus
Admit it, you LOVED the attention! naughty

And like Quanchi said : Tyrant wins! Flawless Victory.......Fatality! Happy Dance Yeah, yeah, yeah.

I am immune to your rubbery, floppy-wristed taunts!

Nothing can harm me, whilst I bathe in the joy I feel from the creation of my latest derogatory member-title, "Fantard".

Ohh, hehe. (Dark Chuckle).

...Tyrant rubs his orbs.

...Odin ftw.

h1a8
It amazes me how many assume the punching power of Odin without actual direct feats. Of course Odin has the durability to survive a slugfest with Tyrant. But has he shown the power output in his punches to be able to harm Tyrant significantly?

quanchi112
I wouldn't say that.

I just got tired of being insulted by "Fantards". I would ooops I already did.

Horrificus
If I wasn't busy eating the best damned bowl of Maple and Brown Sugar Mini Wheats that I ever had in my life right now, I would wipe the floor with all of you.

But, this stuff is just too good. See ya later.

h1a8
If I wasn't busy eating the best damned bowl of Maple and Brown Sugar Mini Wheats that I ever had in my life right now, I would wipe the floor with all of you.

But, this stuff is just too good. See ya later.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to the grocery store now to try them. What brand?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Tyrant still, and it's still not any closer...

Horrificus
Originally posted by h1a8
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to the grocery store now to try them. What brand? It "was" Kellog's Maple and Brown Sugar Mini-Wheat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.