E3 2012

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Your thoughts?

it was an ok show.

I'm looking most forward to: star wars 1313, crysis 3, lost planet 3 and medal of honor: warfighter, need for speed most wanted, command and conquer: generals 2 and black ops 2.

the most impressive looking games: star wars 1313, watch dogs, the amazing spiderman and tomb raider.

games that are worshipped by fans that couldn't care less about: halo 4, the (entirely) new gears, new hitman, assassin's creed 3, aliens: cm (unless it comes out for pc), the new super mario bros. (U and 2), and the new metal gear for 360.

biggest dissapointment. not even a hint, at all whatsoever of the ps4 or the 720. not even an unofficial comment from sony and microsoft. maybe @ e3 2013. Vita was barely brought up. (is sony planning on scrapping it, or something?)

BackFire
I was impressed most by The Last of Us. I wasn't all that interested in it before seeing the demo, but I think it looks quite good.

Watch Dogs looks interesting but I'll have to see more from it before I fully commit.

Crysis 3 looks great, no surprise there. I loved the previous ones.

And I thought Halo 4 looked really interesting, looks like they're taking it in a new direction, more exploration based now. Was happy with what I saw with that.

Nothing very mindblowing or surprising this year, though. Aside from the graphics of Star Wars 1313.

dadudemon
Why is everyone boners for 1313?

And The Last of Us looks like "Heavy Rain" meets "I Am Legend." That is not a bad combo, imo.

Phanteros
Nintendo wins another E3 as usual.

ares834
lol

If they had announced a Zelda, Metroid, or Smash game they would have been set and the Wii U would look a lot more appealing.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Phanteros

Lol.

No.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by ares834
lol

If they had announced a Zelda, Metroid, or Smash game they would have been set and the Wii U would look a lot more appealing.
I thought there would've been at least another new Metroid announced (set to be released in late summer 2013 or so) due to the 3-year pattern the series has had lately with releases, but I guess the Other M hate was so high that they thought "Screw you, we're not providing anymore for this fanbase for awhile".

Smash 4 is still too early in development, so I wasn't expecting a trailer from that this year, but after how successful Skyward Sword was, I guess it is a little strange they didn't reveal a new Zelda already and only Pikmin 3. A new Star Fox or F-Zero I think would've been most preferable though after all these years, especially after that Metroid x Star Fox crossover rumor that went around for awhile before E3.

As it is though out of the big 3, Sony won the show without much contest, but the things I was most interested in ended up getting revealed shortly before E3 week itself.

Oh, and yeah, what's with the boners over 1313, especially after the last "games" Star Wars had?

Barker
Last of Us.

Star Wars meets Uncharted.

Tomb Raider.

Watch Dogs.

Halo 4.

Pretty stoked, though I agree E3 was underwhelming. Wish some more Bioshock had been shown.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Last of US
Watch Dogs
Beyond: Souls Two
Assassin's Creed 3
Fall of Cybertron

Definitely getting all of these. Still on the fence with Crysis 3 and Dishonored.

Darth Ray Park
New Mario Bros U
New Mario Bros 2
Assassins Creed 3 (when I finish 2 and the side stories)
Metal Gear Rising Reveangeance
Silent Hill Bookmof Memories
Fable The Journey MAYBE (need to finish 2 and 3 first)
Halo 4 MAYBE
Star Wars 1313
Resident Evil 6

Amd Maybe:

The Last of Us
Tomb Raider
Watch Dogs
Castle Vanie Lords of Shadow 2 (need to finish first)
Castle Vania Mirror Rising

Zack Fair
Originally posted by BackFire
I was impressed most by The Last of Us. I wasn't all that interested in it before seeing the demo, but I think it looks quite good.

Watch Dogs looks interesting but I'll have to see more from it before I fully commit.

Crysis 3 looks great, no surprise there. I loved the previous ones.

And I thought Halo 4 looked really interesting, looks like they're taking it in a new direction, more exploration based now. Was happy with what I saw with that.

Nothing very mindblowing or surprising this year, though. Aside from the graphics of Star Wars 1313.

thumb up

Same here except I would switch Watch Dogs with Last of Us because it was just the most pleasant surprise.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Barker
Star Wars meets Uncharted.

Pretty stoked, though I agree E3 was underwhelming. Wish some more Bioshock had been shown.

more like star wars meets uncharted meets mass effect 3...

hey maybe it's george lucas's payback. uncharted really does feel alot like indiana jones. like something young indy or an indy influenced relative would go through.

and wow. and i forgot about bioshock 3. that's still in developmental hell, huh?

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Phanteros

Ahh, I caught the sarcasm. I win smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.