Choose your TV Apocolypse!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
Your gonna get dropped into a End of Life on Earth as we know it scenario..
You get to go in to the world of your choice with as much knowledge as is avaliable to the other characters in said show.
Here are the choices.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-s_MT3bO1qpE/TxjIwCIuaRI/AAAAAAAAASY/4aH9DCafNVA/s1600/falling_skies1.jpg
vs
http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/walking_dead_one_sheet_poster-405x600.jpg

Which show would you choose?

Happy Dance

KingD19
I never saw Falling Skies. Walking Dead shouldn't be too hard to survive if you don't act like a total dumbass.

0mega Spawn
fallings skies too hard to survive in.

walking dead is just as king said

marwash22
I kinda got excited, then I started reading and got a bit confused and frankly a bit pissed off that there was nothing else to this thread. no expression I thought we would have to choose a movie character's power-set or something that would help us survive.

BruceSkywalker
Falling Skies (2nd season premiere, june 17) is very easy to survive in

Lestov16
I'd rather live in The Walking Dead, where you just have to scavenge and avoid the mindless zombies, than live in Falling Skies , where the aliens are actively trying to hunt you down and enslave/kill you

the ninjak
Originally posted by marwash22
I kinda got excited, then I started reading and got a bit confused and frankly a bit pissed off that there was nothing else to this thread. no expression I thought we would have to choose a movie character's power-set or something that would help us survive.

You give flyattractor way too much credit.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by the ninjak
You give flyattractor way too much credit. Yes. This is true. I aint gonna pump up your fan boy fantasies like Ninjak will.
I just post a nice simple thread eveyknow and then.

Happy Dance

the ninjak
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yes. This is true. I aint gonna pump up your fan boy fantasies like Ninjak will.
I just post a nice simple thread eveyknow and then.

Happy Dance

laughing Welcome to NinjakIsland where all your fanboy fantasies come true.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Lestov16
I'd rather live in The Walking Dead, where you just have to scavenge and avoid the mindless zombies, than live in Falling Skies , where the aliens are actively trying to hunt you down and enslave/kill you

yeah but the Falling Skies aliens are easily killed

Lestov16
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
yeah but the Falling Skies aliens are easily killed

I thought Pope had to make special bullets made of their own armor to penetrate them. Will I have an assault rifle and 20 clips of the stuff?

marwash22
yeah but the Falling Skies aliens are easily killed zombies aren't?

Robtard
Someone make a MvF thread, Falling Skies aliens Vs Walking Dead zombies.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Robtard
Someone make a MvF thread, Falling Skies aliens Vs Walking Dead zombies.

That thread would fail hard. The humans in Falling Skies were getting there asses kicked (up to the point that some were even considering betraying human to the aliens in exchange for lenience) up until the last couple of episodes, when they found out that the alien's metal armor would be converted into bullets which could pierce it. Walking Dead Zombies are mindless zombies in their truest form, no higher cognitive function rather than to walk and eat, so definitely no higher reasoning skills to formulate a plan to stop the aliens from annihilating them.

Exactly why I would rather live in the WD universe. All I have to do is scavenge. The aliens in Falling Skies are actively trying to hunt humans down to enslave/kill them. I don't want an extraterrestrial back-brace thank you very much.

Robtard
I've only seen a handful of FS eps, but aren't the aliens always in small groups? I can see a massive horde (like the one that ate Rick's horse) overwhelming.

Lestov16
They have Mechs which were considered by the humans to be impenetrable except for large amounts of explosives, until they welded the suit into bullets, whose material could penetrate the armor. And something tells me those zombies don't know much about welding. The aliens also have flying drones to support them from the air, so they could probably just cluster-bomb

KingD19
If you keep a small group, no less than 4, no more than let's say 8-10. You can move quickly and quietly, have decent backup, and you can always have somebody on watch so you don't get caught up in a horde. Just about any place can be turned into a makeshift shelter, etc...

It's so much easier to survive in Walking Dead verse when you're not surrounded by a bunch of idiots and diptshits like Rick is.

BruceSkywalker
I thought Pope had to make special bullets made of their own armor to penetrate them. Will I have an assault rifle and 20 clips of the stuff?

yeah Pope did, but from the get go, the aliens died from normal bullets from shotguns and glocks, etc..

zombies aren't?

i can't say for sure as I have not really watched the Walking Dead..

Originally posted by Robtard
I've only seen a handful of FS eps, but aren't the aliens always in small groups? I can see a massive horde (like the one that ate Rick's horse) overwhelming.

yeah the FS aliens are always in small groups

marwash22
i can't say for sure as I have not really watched the Walking Dead.. they aren't the speedy kind from Dawn of the Dead or the smart kind from Land of the Dead (both of which are still relatively easy to kill), they are slow and very dumb. They're only dangerous in large number and even then, you can walk right past them if your cover yourself in their blood and guts.

0mega Spawn
wtf can zombies do to armored down aliens?

erm

BruceSkywalker
they aren't the speedy kind from Dawn of the Dead or the smart kind from Land of the Dead (both of which are still relatively easy to kill), they are slow and very dumb. They're only dangerous in large number and even then, you can walk right past them if your cover yourself in their blood and guts.

can they be killed the normal standard ways?

marwash22
brain trauma or decap.

KingD19
Severe brain damage is the only way to kill them, but dismemberment slows them down just as good.

BruceSkywalker
brain trauma or decap.

Originally posted by KingD19
Severe brain damage is the only way to kill them, but dismemberment slows them down just as good.

oh ok

KingD19
Some of them also get to the point that they can't move because they haven't eaten for so long.

Flyattractor
Some of them also get to the point that they can't move because they haven't eaten for so long. I take it that is a comic thing?

Esau Cairn

I haven't seen Falling Skies but I'm assuming it's similar to V..?

The biggest problem that everyone keeps ignoring with zombies is the amount of decay & disease that would be prevalent everywhere...namely airborne & in the water supply.

Cover yourself in zombie guts to avoid detection?
Yeah that sounds bloody healthy.

It's never about "just avoiding the mindless zombies."

So yeah I'd take my chances with the Falling Skies scenario.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I haven't seen Falling Skies but I'm assuming it's similar to V..?

The biggest problem that everyone keeps ignoring with zombies is the amount of decay & disease that would be prevalent everywhere...namely airborne & in the water supply.

Cover yourself in zombie guts to avoid detection?
Yeah that sounds bloody healthy.

It's never about "just avoiding the mindless zombies."

So yeah I'd take my chances with the Falling Skies scenario. I do know that in the comic just rolling around on some corpses was enough to fool the walkers. The limit they went to in the show was way overkill.

the ninjak
Some of them also get to the point that they can't move because they haven't eaten for so long.

They had different names for the zombies in the comics.

Like Lurkers, Roamers, Crawlers and Sitters.

The Sitters (I'm just guessing the name) were zombies that were heavily effected by the cold and lack of stimulation.

They don't really exist in the show. The worst were the Crawlers. Zombies without legs. They would bite you on the ankle form underneath a table or bench infecting the victim.

Esau Cairn
I do know that in the comic just rolling around on some corpses was enough to fool the walkers. The limit they went to in the show was way overkill.

I mean chances are you're gonna have a scratch or two on yer body somewhere...so wouldn't rubbing yourself in zombie guts transmit the virus into your system as well?

marwash22
the virus is already inside of your body and u have to die to turn into a zombie, so getting zombie blood in a wound is irrelevant.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I mean chances are you're gonna have a scratch or two on yer body somewhere...so wouldn't rubbing yourself in zombie guts transmit the virus into your system as well? I got the impression from the show that it had to be a full on bite..or at least a pretty bad flesh wound.

I aint sure about the comic tho.

Newjak
I got the impression from the show that it had to be a full on bite..or at least a pretty bad flesh wound.

I aint sure about the comic tho. No it's already been established they are all infected in the show.

Walking Dead Universe is much easier to Survive in then Falling Skies imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.