Star Wars Characters run the Metal Gear Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ray Park
This si typical guantlet so no rest in between rounds and you say how far they get and if they cleaer it.

SW characters that will be running the gauntlet (seperateley, not together):

Ahsoko Tano
Kit Fisto
Qui-Gon Jinn
Darth Maul
Darth revan
Galen Marick
Darth bane (Orbalisks)
Exar Kun (amulets)

Now here is gauntlet:

Round 1: Gray Fox
Round 2: Psycho Mantis
Round 3: Solidus Snake
Round 4: Volgin
Round 5: Cyborg Ninja Raiden
Round 6: Vamp
Round 7: All at once

Can any clear it?

Battlemaster
It's Star Wars characters versus Star Wars characters here.

Don't break the rules - or Ush will do to you what Waterworld did to Kevin Costner's career.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Battlemaster
It's Star Wars characters versus Star Wars characters here.

Don't break the rules - or Ush will do to you what Waterworld did to Kevin Costner's career.

To be fair, Kevin Costner recovered from Waterworld; but Jeanine Tripplehorn didn't.

Also, Metal Gear isn't a match for Jedi or Sith of any real calibre.

Battlemaster
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
To be fair, Kevin Costner recovered from Waterworld; but Jeanine Tripplehorn didn't.

Also, Metal Gear isn't a match for Jedi or Sith of any real calibre.

laughing

Well I love Costner but I can't think of a single big picture he had the lead in, afterwards.

Stealth Moose
The Postma-- no wait. You're right.

Darth Ray Park
I wouldnt so sure Stealth.

Gray Fox, Solidus, Raiden and Vamp are all bullet timers, and Vamp can basically has precognition (sort of) by anticipating your movements by observing subtle movements of the muscles in your body, as well as is basically immortal. Gray Fox held back Metal Gear REX for a short while and Raiden held back tanker. As well as having amazing speed and the special exoskeleton solidus also has the big boss jeans so eh is also a great soldier along with those superhuman abilities. Volgin can create electromagentic wave around him that cna protect him from anything, punch through durasteel, and his electricity fires tens of millions of volts so it is arguably more powerful tahn any siths. And Psycho Mantis is incredibly powerful psychic that he can even break through different dimensions. So I dont think it as one sided as you think if anything i see everyone up to maul strugglign. My opinion.

BTW wasit you who voted in the poll lol?

Darth Ray Park
BTW have you played all games in the series Stealth? And are you looking forward to Rising?

Pwned
For one: Where are your sources for this? How do you know that he can punch throug durasteel? Or fire tens of millions of volts?

And no, it is one sided. There is a thing called the Force.

Darth Ray Park
Have you played the games bro?

Pwned
Nope. They are not my style.

Even if I did, you would need proof.

Nephthys
Durasteel is from Star Wars, not MGS. You must mean just plain steel.

Darth Ray Park
lol. It's not like this are SW characters. Just take my word for it. As far as your cocnerned they could just be make up chraacters.

You missing out btw by not playing them.

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by Nephthys
Durasteel is from Star Wars, not MGS. You must mean just plain steel.

Oh right yeh. Well waghaterver metal the tank wqas made out of.

Darth Ray Park
dM3mQGI0fPY

Do not watcha s theere will be spoilers.

20 seconds in.

Do you play the games Nephtys?

Pwned
No link there, for one.

Two: Tanks are made out of alloys. Not straight steel.

Three: Force powers = win.

Lord Lucien
Steel is an alloy...

Darth Ray Park
It is youtube video code.

Even Bane does not have lightning that powerful, and nothing the jedi can do will get past volgins electromegnetic shield.

Pwned
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Steel is an alloy... You know what I mean. I am allowed to forget some things after hours of balancing checkbooks.....

Ray, just post a link. I am too lazy to use that. Or, you know, just say where it is. And where it says its tens of millions of volts.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Darth Ray Park
I wouldnt so sure Stealth.

Gray Fox, Solidus, Raiden and Vamp are all bullet timers, and Vamp can basically has precognition (sort of) by anticipating your movements by observing subtle movements of the muscles in your body, as well as is basically immortal. Gray Fox held back Metal Gear REX for a short while and Raiden held back tanker. As well as having amazing speed and the special exoskeleton solidus also has the big boss jeans so eh is also a great soldier along with those superhuman abilities. Volgin can create electromagentic wave around him that cna protect him from anything, punch through durasteel, and his electricity fires tens of millions of volts so it is arguably more powerful tahn any siths. And Psycho Mantis is incredibly powerful psychic that he can even break through different dimensions. So I dont think it as one sided as you think if anything i see everyone up to maul strugglign. My opinion.

BTW wasit you who voted in the poll lol?

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi can block blaster bolts at medium to close range while running towards his enemy. This is an addition to being able to leap higher than any human can, use the Force to read immediately into the future, TK things up to and including the size of Mack trucks, pilot vehicles that normal humans cannot expertly, and is an expert at defensive melee combat.

That's just Obi-Wan. He's somewhere just above Fisto and Jinn. Ashoka, **** if I know. I don't watch that show.

2. Yes, I've played MG, MGS, and MGS2. I did not play any of the others, though I have been tempted to buy the HD remakes.

3. Maul himself eliminated a trio of highly skilled assassin droids in the time it takes for me to load up a Youtube video of someone humiliating themselves on camera. This is before he went on to murder-spam a Black Suns installation, if memory serves.

4. Qui-Gon Jinn can move fast enough to be a virtual blur, as seen in TPM, and is an incredibly intuitive and inventive Jedi Master. Despite his loss against Darth Maul (who is more talented than he gets credit for) Jinn was considered Council material in terms of Force mastery and once matched Mace Windu prior to the events of the movies.

5. Christ, anyone from Maul on would just rape MGS. Exar Kun? FFS, amulet spam. It's a done deal.

Darth Ray Park
Ah you should really finish the series do you have a ps3? You have yet to play by afr best ins eries (4).

Thats all good but the guys i mentioend are all bullet timers which is better speed feat than anything you mentioned, as well as being immortal for vamp or with crazy strenght feats like raiden and fox. Then you have volgin who's force lightning is more powerful than any siths and who has elecrtomagenti barrier that can stop anything aimed at him. Plus Psycho mantis who is just BA. However I don't want to say much mroe as you havent played 3, 4, portable Ops or Peace Walker.

Obiviously i didnt includes people like Nihilus or Vitiate as that clearly be mismatch but I think even exar kun, bane, starkiller and revan could give good match to these characters. i dont think itd be one sided stomp.

qDespite his loss against Darth Maul (who is more talented than he gets credit for)

Agreed b.t.w.

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by Pwned
You know what I mean. I am allowed to forget some things after hours of balancing checkbooks.....

Ray, just post a link. I am too lazy to use that. Or, you know, just say where it is. And where it says its tens of millions of volts.

here you go mate.

Just 20 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM3mQGI0fPY

Stealth Moose
Xbox/PC. Won't buy a PS3, just because I can't afford to buy all the same games over again so they can look and play worse, and possibly nab a dozen or so exclusives.

Also, regarding Jedi speed feats; the general idea, in EU, is that Jedi can themselves move faster than the eye can detect. The movie fails to convey this point, unfortunately, but lumping in EU versions of these characters, Force users have plenty of reasons to stop. Kenobi stopped something like 20-30 blaster bolts in a second or two, Bane can swing fast enough to prevent rain from hitting him, and the depiction of Maul's destruction of the three assassin droids in Shadow Hunter again is faster than my cable internet (which totally rocks, btw). I'm sure you can find more on Wookiepedia (not a solid source, but a general one nonetheless) under Force speed and more under precognition. Remember, even untrained Annie Skywalker can see into the future and pilot a swoop rider, that no non-Force using human can do.

Darth Ray Park
PS3 has some pretty good exclsuives. MGS4, Hevay Rain, God of War 3 and Uncharted series are all really really aweosme.

However if you definitely don't plan on getting it I would strongly reocmmend watching the game walkthroughs on youtube as while you will miss out on gameplay the story makes it worth it.

I cna post some links if you wnat?

Stealth Moose
Sure, by all means.

Pwned
here you go mate.

Just 20 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM3mQGI0fPY Ok, so he has 10 million volts at his disposal. Can he release all of them at once? Because he didn't do that in the video (I watched about 1 minute though, I have to go do somethign soon as I am done here)

And besides, lightsabers.

Again, they use the Force and brutally murder them. Or convince them to shoot themselves with the Force. Either or.

Darth Ray Park
Sure, by all means.

Cool it was SMG2 that you last played right? The order of the games is:

MG1
MG2
MGS1
MGS2
MGS3
MGS Portable Ops
MGS4
MGS Peace Walker
MG Rising Reveangeance (releasing in 2013)

so should i get links for mgs 3,4, portable ops and peace walker?

While I look for them anywy check this otu it might make you mroe eeger to check otu the walkthroughs this is opening for MGS3 and it's the best. video game opening. ever.

_CbFAZ2ztlE

Does it remidn you peoples of anythign? stick out tongue

Darth Ray Park
Ok, so he has 10 million volts at his disposal. Can he release all of them at once? Because he didn't do that in the video (I watched about 1 minute though, I have to go do somethign soon as I am done here)

And besides, lightsabers.

Again, they use the Force and brutally murder them. Or convince them to shoot themselves with the Force. Either or.

Well he is just tortuing him in the scene. In a full out attack he would probably use all volts.

Nephthys
You should just watch the Hiimdaisy Metal Gear thing. I did, and now everything is too ridiculous for me to take the series seriously anymore.

stis8mv67eA

Darth Ray Park
You can access all apart form Peace Walker from here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD478634201BCE347&feature=plcp

Peace Walker:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL40623C648D0E5536&feature=plcp

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by Nephthys
You should just watch the Hiimdaisy Metal Gear thing. I did, and now everything is too ridiculous for me to take the series seriously anymore.

stis8mv67eA

lol laughing out loud

Pwned
Well he is just tortuing him in the scene. In a full out attack he would probably use all volts. My question is, is he actually capable of releasing all 10 million at once, and how quickly? It took at least 2 seconds for the lightning to building up and be released. Thats more than enough time for him to die in so many horrible ways.

Also, have any of them shown ANY resistance to ANY form of TK? (Not just the Force, but anything)

Darth Ray Park
Jedi will have to catch them to use TK against them. Everyone but Volgin and Psycho is a bullet timer. Psycho Mantis is an incredibly powerful psychic and he can use TK himself. Volgin is probably phsycuially storng enough to srhug it off.

Pwned
Physically strong does not matter with TK.

If they are in sight, TK will work.

Bullet Timer<Force Speed user.

The psychic will probably just be cut apart with a lightsaber. Jedi and Sith fight while messing with their opponents precog and other abilities.

Stealth Moose
You don't outrun TK. This shouldn't even be contested. If a Force user raises their hand or eyebrows, MGS characters go flying. Potentially to their death.

Q99
You can miss with TK, though. In the CW animated series, some of the Jedi who tried to TK Grevious failed when he moved faster than they expected and they just hit where he was.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Q99
You can miss with TK, though. In the CW animated series, some of the Jedi who tried to TK Grevious failed when he moved faster than they expected and they just hit where he was.

That's just ****ing stupid.

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by Q99
You can miss with TK, though. In the CW animated series, some of the Jedi who tried to TK Grevious failed when he moved faster than they expected and they just hit where he was. That wasn't TK, though. You're referring to the Ki-Adi-Mundi attack. That seemed like a force wave more than TK. TK doesn't rip holes in the ground.

Wookie defines force wave as a form of TK, but it's not the kind of "pluck an object out of the air and move around". Force wave is basically like launching an invisible mass of energy. EG, it's more like a "projectile".

Pwned
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
That wasn't TK, though. You're referring to the Ki-Adi-Mundi attack. That seemed like a force wave more than TK. TK doesn't rip holes in the ground.

Wookie defines force wave as a form of TK, but it's not the kind of "pluck an object out of the air and move around". Force wave is basically like launching an invisible mass of energy. EG, it's more like a "projectile". This. Plus, choking people is an application of TK, and there are quite a few Dark Siders.

Lightning can be absorbed by a 'saber. TK is common among Force users and defenses have become very refined. Force users are faster. Ergo, Force users win.

Darth Ray Park
Force Users are not faster than any of them except Volgin and Mantis bro. Blocking Blaster bolts or force speed <<<<< bullet timing. Even force poers that target opponent body directly still have to be able to "catch" them with their minds. Vamp Solidus Raiden and Gray Fox could all run circkes around them and slice their heads off before the Jedis can react. They will dodge amuelt blasts and force powers with ease and ejdis will not be able to get close to them.

If Psycho Mantis can control the player controlling solid snake, then he should be able to control the "will of the force" that controls the jedis, and mess aorund with them that way. Psycho Mantis is incredibly powerful psychic.

Maybe Volgin might be easiest to kill for the jedi though coming to think of itr.

RE: Blaxican
None of the characters you listed are "bullet timers", though.

As for the rest of that stuff. lol.

Pwned
1- You can not control the Will of the Force. It is omni- everything. That would be like mind-controlling, God, Allah, Yahweh, or whatever you want to equate to it.

2- Bullet timers being faster than A- The speed of thought? No. B- Dozens of strikes before you can blink? No. Force users have a massive speed advantage over bullet timers. There is a reason even slug-throwers do not hit them.

3-You are obviously wanting the Metal Gear people to win. So go on and believe they do, the rest of us know they lose, and horribly.

Darth Ray Park
1- You can not control the Will of the Force. It is omni- everything. That would be like mind-controlling, God, Allah, Yahweh, or whatever you want to equate to it.

So is the 4th dimensions and yet Mantis breaks this at liesure.

Yeh. You seen how fast a bullet meets its target? Humans cannot think during that time without superhuman reflexes bro.

Nonsense. As already said force users sometimes have difficult times with random people like boba fett. They block projectiles using precognition and, frankly, because projectiles are extremely slow in star wars.,

Relaxc man. I already admitted that top tier people like Nihilus would take them out with ease, and that volgin would maybe lose against these guys. But the other 4 are top tier speed demons and psycho mantis is incredibly powerful psychic. And these Jedi and Siths arent exactly planet busters either so the MG guys can at very least compete.

Stealth Moose
So is the 4th dimensions and yet Mantis breaks this at liesure.

That's "fourth wall", and LMFAO. That's a feat now? Being able to talk to the player based on save information?

Okay let me try:

All of the Force users use controller slot two. Game over.

Pwned
Have you ever heard of a slug thrower? It is the Star Wars equivalent of our guns. They are ever so slightly more difficult to block. But Jedi still do it. Bullet timing has nothing on these guys. And they will have good luck even hurting Bane. Plus, I agree with Moose over there (even though his antlers block the way of seeing clearly >.< )

Stealth Moose
Truly. They are magnificent and the pride of the North.

Also, Jedi block blaster bolts by knowing where they will strike ahead of time using basic battle precognition. So in summation, they will know where the bullets/knives are going and avoid/destroy them in midflight.

Darth Ray Park
Have you ever heard of a slug thrower? It is the Star Wars equivalent of our guns. They are ever so slightly more difficult to block. But Jedi still do it. Bullet timing has nothing on these guys. And they will have good luck even hurting Bane. Plus, I agree with Moose over there (even though his antlers block the way of seeing clearly >.< )

But that is just projectile that moves in straight line big difference between a person who moves that fast and can change direction and run around the jedi etc. Jei use precognition to guess where bullet will go and put lightsaber there before shot can be fired off by people whom themsekves are not veyr fast. That is difference. If bullet could chaneg direction mif flight and react based on where ejdis lightsaber is no amoutn of precog will save them.

Hurting Bane will be easy they just have to target his head.

Darth Ray Park
That's "fourth wall", and LMFAO. That's a feat now? Being able to talk to the player based on save information?

Okay let me try:

All of the Force users use controller slot two. Game over.

Well it shows that he is very powerful psychic. If he can inf;luence palyer controlling snake well then... he should be able to influence the writers' pencils and programmers code.

Though I will admit maybe this is reaching.

The Sorrow from MGS3 would maybe have betetr cvhance.

NemeBro
You're arguing with someone who thinks that these characters would give Galen Marek a "good fight".

Coincidentally, this chap cites MGS as his favorite game series.

I'm saying he's biased and illogical.

Pwned
But that is just projectile that moves in straight line big difference between a person who moves that fast and can change direction and run around the jedi etc. Jei use precognition to guess where bullet will go and put lightsaber there before shot can be fired off by people whom themsekves are not veyr fast. That is difference. If bullet could chaneg direction mif flight and react based on where ejdis lightsaber is no amoutn of precog will save them.

Hurting Bane will be easy they just have to target his head. A projectile moving faster than the speed of sound. No, the precog allows them to see where the bullet/blaster shot will be before it is there, it works on people as well. Considering how the Jedi and Sith are faster, it makes the point moot anyways.

Yes, target the head of somebody who is nearly 7 feet tall, who is faster, stronger, and smarter than you, and all this while your already dead. Good luck with that.

NemeBro
To be fair, Volgin is also nearly seven feet tall.

That is the only area he rivals Bane in though. Height.

Pwned
Ah. Like I said, I haven't played MG games, so I didn't know he was that tall.

Alright. But he still needs to get to Bane.

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by NemeBro
You're arguing with someone who thinks that these characters would give Galen Marek a "good fight".

Well SW is probably my favortie overall media franchise bro, so big miss and hit on that one.

Darth Ray Park
To be fair, Volgin is also nearly seven feet tall.

That is the only area he rivals Bane in though. Height.

His lightning is also much more poerful. Bane is about 3 millions volts. Volgins is ten million volts.

Darth Ray Park
A projectile moving faster than the speed of sound. No, the precog allows them to see where the bullet/blaster shot will be before it is there, it works on people as well. Considering how the Jedi and Sith are faster, it makes the point moot anyways.

Yes, target the head of somebody who is nearly 7 feet tall, who is faster, stronger, and smarter than you, and all this while your already dead. Good luck with that.

Dude stop saying the Jedis are faster. They block slug throwers using precognition, not because they are fats. The peoples i mentioned do it using their spoeed.

As said precog woirks well against projectile moving in straight line that cnanot change course once fired, however precog does not make user of lightsaber that fast. Unlike bullet the bullet timer can run as fats as a bullet but also react to what opponent is doing. If ligthsaber is to one side the bullet timer can change direction and go to the other side, or they can run behind him and slash at their back. Bullet timeers are MUCH faster than jedis can move at or react to. precog does not save them against something that can react to their defences bro.

Darth Ray Park

What is galen marek going to do against a bullet that cn CHANGE DIRECTION MID flight and react to here his defences is positioned?

Answer: he does nothing bro.

Solidus will have access to surgical implants that the higher ups use to protect against telepathy (it is what darpa chief and ken baker use in mgs1 to protect them against psycho mantis mind probe), and so will probably vamp, and maybe even raiden and gray forx, and even volgin. So he will not be able to sue mind trick on them. He is not fast enough to catch them with his force powers. they will run behind hima nd behead him from behind before he can do nothing.

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
None of the characters you listed are "bullet timers", though.

As for the rest of that stuff. lol.

Do you not remember cutscene of gray fox dodging bullets already going towards him against metal gear rex? Same with Solidus and the Rays in MGS2? raiden and Vamp are even faster than these guys.

Stealth Moose
Aside from the -rampant- multi posting, at what point did you decide to ignore obvious canon speed feats, like Obi-Wan blocking 30 shots a second or Bane becoming the perfect windshield wiper? Hell, even Ventress "on a good day" can dance around raindrops.

How can you write those off over MGS?

NemeBro
Well SW is probably my favortie overall media franchise bro, so big miss and hit on that one.

Afraid not, since you appear to be bad at actually gauging SW's power.

His lightning is also much more poerful. Bane is about 3 millions volts. Volgins is ten million volts.

Provide evidence of the supposed power of Bane's lightning please.

Though... Voltage isn't electric power, you dolt. Amperes would fit that description better.

What is galen marek going to do against a bullet that cn CHANGE DIRECTION MID flight and react to here his defences is positioned?

Probably block it with a Force shield. Or disintegrate the bullet and everything in his path with a gesture.

You are very stupid.

Prove anyone but Solidus has them. Now.

Also, Psycho Mantis's telepathy is ****ing weak compared to any decent Jedi or Sith.

He can deflect blaster volleys easily, and can telekinetically compress them to marbles.

Pwned
Dude stop saying the Jedis are faster. They block slug throwers using precognition, not because they are fats. The peoples i mentioned do it using their spoeed.

As said precog woirks well against projectile moving in straight line that cnanot change course once fired, however precog does not make user of lightsaber that fast. Unlike bullet the bullet timer can run as fats as a bullet but also react to what opponent is doing. If ligthsaber is to one side the bullet timer can change direction and go to the other side, or they can run behind him and slash at their back. Bullet timeers are MUCH faster than jedis can move at or react to. precog does not save them against something that can react to their defences bro. Yeah, because the guys who hit you dozens of times before you blink, or stand in a downpour and are not touched by a single drop of rain are not fast. Totally.

Precog means they just stick the lightsaber where they are going. Because you see, momentum does not work like that. You can not just instantly change direction mid-run. You pause, slow down, whatever you want to call it. They can not do that.

Bullet-timers can not run at the speed of a bullet, they can dodge them. Hell, Max Payne is a bullet timer, but he can't move faster than a normal person. (Incidentally, its because the mechanic is called "Bullet Time"wink

You seriously are not on the right side here. The MG guys get raped to all hell, and yet for some reason you think they will win. News flash: They don't.

If anything, Bane has it the easiest. Field of pure dark side energy= Anybody going near him=Dead. Bane becomes stronger, and whoever was smart enough to stay back gets crushed by his massive powahs.

Darth Ray Park
Aside from the -rampant- multi posting, at what point did you decide to ignore obvious canon speed feats, like Obi-Wan blocking 30 shots a second or Bane becoming the perfect windshield wiper? Hell, even Ventress "on a good day" can dance around raindrops.

How can you write those off over MGS?

I never said the Jedis is not fast. I am saying that bullet timers are much faster.

Darth Ray Park
Afraid not, since you appear to be bad at actually gauging SW's power.

Irrevelant.

It is in Rule of Two when he uses it and his own lightnign backfires... page 276.

You fool voltage is potential difference which is like speed of bullet, and it is what is mentioned every time force lightnign is talked about and how powerful it is. It is voltage that matters for how much orbalisks can absorb for example, and they cannot absorb what volgin can produce.

It was analojy. Bullet is actually person + sword so force shield does not work.

In mid flight. he is not quick enough.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/504d53a2.jpg

Psychics are very common in MGS and high rankign officials have acees to them. So they were trying to make gray fox perfect soldier so he would have them. Solidus would have lent some to vamp. Raiden is maybe depending on who was behind his cyborg transofrmation, same with volgin as we dont know if they had beend eveloped at the time or whether the psychics were much of a threat.

Not true that he breaks fourth wall shows how powerful it is. He can read past present and future of a person and wihtout maks thoughts just come flooding to him.

Which he does using precog. Not very effective here.

Darth Ray Park
Yeah, because the guys who hit you dozens of times before you blink, or stand in a downpour and are not touched by a single drop of rain are not fast. Totally.

I never say they not fast bro. They just nowhere enar as fast as bullet timers.

Only works on stuff that doesnt react mid flight, the bullet timers will be able to change direction depending on where lightsaber would be headed.

Yes but they only have to slow down/stop for but an instant if they want to (.0000000000000000000000000000001 seonds), before changing direction, it sitll to small time for jedis to react.

yes by running almost as fast. They only have to cross small x distance while bullet crosses largery z distance, but the speed is still comaprable that it makes htem much fatsers thna ejdis.

Gameplay mechanics.

You have not even played the games bro you know nothing.

1. Bullet timers run up to him and s;ice his head off before he can do it.

2. If he manages to conjure it then they dont go close and instead chuck their swords at his face and kill him instantly. Either way they would win.

Vlgin is probably only one that lsoes.

Pwned
NO, just not. You can't "chuck a sword" at somebody. They are not balanced properly for throwing. Plus TK knocks them away. And Bane can move as well you know. Meaning they die, either way.

When fighting with a jedi or sith, an instant is what it takes them to kill you.

Bullet timers dodge bullets by moving really fast and anticipating the path..... They are fast, sure, but not nearly as fast as a Jedi or Sith. I would say that for any bullet timers. Plus, when a jedi dodges the slugs from a slug thrower at close range, that puts them into the bullet timer category.

No, they would get hit by the lightsaber. Because the precog would tell the Jedi/Sith they were about to change direction.

Also, it takes longer than an instant to do change direction. At the speeds a bullet timer can move, a 90 degree angle would probably force them to completely stop to turn.

Darth Ray Park
NO, just not. You can't "chuck a sword" at somebody. They are not balanced properly for throwing.

Anything can be sued as projectile bro. You just need to be used to balance.

TK that can mnot be use din time.

Very slowly compared to bullet timers.

Not instant when instant is 0.00000000000000000001 seconds. jedis dont move that fast.

Nope they dodge the bullet once the bullet has already headed in their direction. Depending on distance it usually means they can move about a 5th of the speed of the bullet.

I think I will stop responding if you keep saying this. Jedis and Siths are not anywhere near as fats as a speeding bullet, so i will ask you top stop speaking this crap.

Nope because they sue precog to put lgihtsaber where bullet is going to be before it is fired and the eprson firing slug thrower is rehgular human.

What you dont understand is that, if they are that much afster than the jedis, then they can at any point move to where the lightdaber isnt and the lightsaber will not be able to respond in time. It is flaw with precognition, almost similar to the idea that you can change future by knowing it. If jedi know where they ill end up attacking them and pout their lightsaber, well, the bullet timer will change their mind and attack them where their lightaber is not defending. And because the bullet timer can react and change his mind, and is so much faster than the jedi, it is simple matter of attacking area where jedis defences is not covering.

For you mabye.

Sure they will stop but with their speed and reflexes and agility it will only be for moment (0.0000000000001 seconds). These guys cna move at around 300 miels per hour bro.

Stealth Moose
I never said the Jedis is not fast. I am saying that bullet timers are much faster.

That's called "proof by assertion", and it's a dishonest way of debating.

Here, let me try:

I say that all the Force users here can inherently outmaneuver and kill all of the MGS folks on any given day because they have better powers, skills, knowledge, awesomeness, and fasty-ness.

Disprove.

Darth Ray Park
But we see Jedis mvoe at normal speeds and get matched by random bounty hunters in speed.

Even ebst feats liekt eh Bane one is still not comparable to someone who can bullet time, which would require speeds or around 300 MPH.

So why exactly are we saying the jedis are faster? They never move anywhere near as fats and we see multiple times were rthey move much slowrer, almost human levels of speed.

All evidence points to Raiden, Vamp, Gray Fox and Solidus being much much faster

Pwned
Moose has a point there.

Bullet timers dodge bullets. They do so by anticipating the path the bullet will take. Because they can't see the bullets.

Ray, you don't understand what I am saying apparently. Bullet timers can NOT instantly change direction. The Laws of Physics state otherwise. And nothing can react in a time with a decimal and that many zeroes before the 1, you can not think that fast. And it does not matter how fast you can run, because the faster you move, the longer it takes you to change direction.

Show me a video of them moving at 300 miles per hour while dodging a dozen bullets coming from different angles and switching direction mid-flight. Otherwise, the Force users can speed-blitz them.

No, you can't really use a sword as a projectile, because the blade leaves it off balance and makes it hit the ground.

TK=speed of thought. Faster than anything else the MG guys can offer. TK rapes the MG guys.

Jedi precog shows them what will happen. If they will be hit, they block it. It shows them where they will be hit and where the shot will be while it is in mid-flight. The speed of the person shooting does not matter.

And yes, they are faster than a bullet, because they block them at extremely close range. They dodge them as well.

Why don't you quit with the fanboyism?

Darth Ray Park
I never say that what i was said is that they will stop but it only be for an instant with people that can move that quickly and have comrable agility. In the videos Grey Fox and Soldisu actualyl change direction in the line of a bullets traget as well btw.

Regualr humans cannot, people with sueprhuman speed of thouthg can and they must have that to eb able to run that fast and control where they are going.

if you throw it with enough force than the forces of gravirty/weight and balancing is negligible to movement of the blade.

Wrong speed of thought is not that fast you cannot think cohierent thoughts during time it takes for a bullet to hit you, yet they cna move during that small timephrame.

Plus as said most are strong enough to just shrug off TK. Psycho Mantis hismelf is very powerful TK who can cause natural disasters and destroyed his entire village when he was not even 5 years of age.

Yes speed does matter because the entire point is that they know where the bullet is already headed and they can move their lightsaber quickly enough to enter target of gun before it is fired. if person wieleding gun was usperhuman speed he could move the gun into a direction and fire bullet befor ejedi can react,m regardless of rpecog.

Preog does not make the jedis superhuman fats and they cannot block a bullet that changes direction depending on where their defences aree.

Darth Ray Park
Spoilers to MGS4, Stealth Moose you should probably not click this if you plan on playing rest of series.

Pwned this is really cool fight scene in MGS4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R61cCBUWNQM

BTW they usually move much faster it is in slow motion.

Check this one out two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3OxjPiMcqQ

Metal Gear ahs the bets fight scenes and boss battles... EVER.

very badasss scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJECmFgXaSk&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Massive spoilers in both links Stealth.

Pwned
I never say that what i was said is that they will stop but it only be for an instant with people that can move that quickly and have comrable agility. In the videos Grey Fox and Soldisu actualyl change direction in the line of a bullets traget as well btw.

Regualr humans cannot, people with sueprhuman speed of thouthg can and they must have that to eb able to run that fast and control where they are going.

if you throw it with enough force than the forces of gravirty/weight and balancing is negligible to movement of the blade.

Wrong speed of thought is not that fast you cannot think cohierent thoughts during time it takes for a bullet to hit you, yet they cna move during that small timephrame.

Plus as said most are strong enough to just shrug off TK. Psycho Mantis hismelf is very powerful TK who can cause natural disasters and destroyed his entire village when he was not even 5 years of age.

Yes speed does matter because the entire point is that they know where the bullet is already headed and they can move their lightsaber quickly enough to enter target of gun before it is fired. if person wieleding gun was usperhuman speed he could move the gun into a direction and fire bullet befor ejedi can react,m regardless of rpecog.

Preog does not make the jedis superhuman fats and they cannot block a bullet that changes direction depending on where their defences aree. The bullet will still move at the same speed, the speed of the shooter does not matter. You can have cognitive thought in that time, probably less. And if it is any slower, than they can not run at those speeds you claim (but do not prove)

They don't just shrug off TK due to physical strength, it does not work that way.

No, the blade will not be balance for throwing, meaning it is FAR less likely to result in the blade hitting something first.

Video 1 was in normal speed, and they did not show anything particularly impressive other than damage soak and strength when he twirled those robot things. Videos 2 and 3 could not load for whatever reason.

Anyways, considering how they can't survive a decapitation, and that is what would happen as soon as they came within reach means they die.

Arhael
Final Fantasy dudes kill them all. xD

Pwned
Not true! Bandon solo's them.

Arhael
Oh! Fahh, again I failed to consider him x_X

Pwned
And that, is why you fail.

Darth Ray Park
Other fight was slowed down so we could see it this how fast he really is:

0Dqw3hU84bg

Scene starts at 2:40. At 3: 26 and 6:50 he dodges bullets with ease.

He is also immortal btw.

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by Arhael
Final Fantasy dudes kill them all. xD

Sephiroth is th man! big grin

Pwned
If he is immortal then he should not be here. Because that is spite, plain and simple.

I doubt he is truly immortal, and I bet a swift decapitation will take him out of the fight. Or at the least, reduce him to a pile of ashes.

My wi fi has been acting up, I should be able to watch the videos tomorrow, but I can't today.

Jinsoku Takai
Spoilers to MGS4, Stealth Moose you should probably not click this if you plan on playing rest of series.

Pwned this is really cool fight scene in MGS4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R61cCBUWNQM

BTW they usually move much faster it is in slow motion.

The fight's not in slow motion you damn turd. Quit fabricating bullshit to support your lame ass arguments. The speed of their movements compared with the speed of falling objects/enemies/other is consistent with non-superhuman (i.e. within human limits) speeds.

Jinsoku Takai
Other fight was slowed down so we could see it this how fast he really is:

0Dqw3hU84bg

Scene starts at 2:40. At 3: 26 and 6:50 he dodges bullets with ease.

He is also immortal btw.

He's CLEARLY visible. While fast, there is nothing there to suggest that he moves FASTER than a ****ing bullet you derp. Compare his speed to the speed of the gunmen and it's CLEAR that the movements in this video are meant to portray his actual speed which is, as I just said, visible to the human eye.

Yeah I double posted, so what?

Pwned
You want to know what? YOU WANT TO KNOW? YOUR SUCH A...................... good person.

Jinsoku Takai
cool I know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.