Revan vs NJO Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
It's a friendly match to see who is the better fighter and more powerful. Training lightsabers only, but all Force powers are allowed. Non-lethal brawl. Who wins?

Nephthys
Luke imo. Revan's only great feat was absorbing whatsherfaces lightning.

Battlemaster
- If this is Luke from the first NJO book - then Revan has a good chance of going toe-to-toe with him evenly and keeping up nicely.

- If this is Luke from the last NJO book - then Revan gets tooled around easily by Luke - but Luke is sportsmanly, so I see him being nicer than that. stick out tongue

Arhael
Originally posted by Battlemaster
- If this is Luke from the first NJO book - then Revan has a good chance of going toe-to-toe with him evenly and keeping up nicely.

- If this is Luke from the last NJO book - then Revan gets tooled around easily by Luke - but Luke is sportsmanly, so I see him being nicer than that. stick out tongue
I don't think that any period Luke would toy Revan. Although, Revan is not my favorite character, he is still the most powerful Jedi of his time and therefore deserves due credit, so he has good chance against Luke, especially, when it is frendly sparring.

Also, I don't think that Luke's combat capabilities in first book are much lower. While Mara barely survived first encounter with single Vong, he killed 3 Vongs quite efficiently. And moving black hole showed that even, when out of form, he still can muster immense amount of Force. He wasn't weaker in capabilities, his main problem was very small power reserves, so Revan could tire him up with constant Force attacks.

Pwned
Well, he could tire him out if Luke allowed it. Because Luke will be all up in his grillz yo.

Stealth Moose
Luke and Revan begin to fight, realize they're both do-gooders and proceed to shake hands, offer to grab a beer at the local space pub. Somewhere in the distance, fanboys cry.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Arhael
I don't think that any period Luke would toy Revan. Although, Revan is not my favorite character, he is still the most powerful Jedi of his time and therefore deserves due credit, so he has good chance against Luke, especially, when it is frendly sparring.

Also, I don't think that Luke's combat capabilities in first book are much lower. While Mara barely survived first encounter with single Vong, he killed 3 Vongs quite efficiently. And moving black hole showed that even, when out of form, he still can muster immense amount of Force. He wasn't weaker in capabilities, his main problem was very small power reserves, so Revan could tire him up with constant Force attacks.
Agreed.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Luke and Revan begin to fight, realize they're both do-gooders and proceed to shake hands, offer to grab a beer at the local space pub. Somewhere in the distance, fanboys cry.
Best conclusion ever.

Darth_Glentract
Luke is pretty much the pinnacle of all Jedi and the end of NJO/during DN trilogy seems to be pretty much his peak, not that he goes downhill much in the decade following, but he doesn't seem quite as powerful later on (product of age I guess). Revan, although very powerful, isn't going to be able to take Luke, who is more experienced and has a greater raw force power.

Ascendancy
I don't know, as much as I hated LotF overall I'd say Luke pinning Caedus to a chair like a child with almost no exertion speaks to how powerful he had become in the Force. There were a number of times in that series that Caedus only survived because Luke allowed him to. Luke's weakness is that he is so reluctant to finish people off because of his sense of justice and fears that he will turn to the darkside. Considering that this is a friendly match I think he would go all out with non-lethal uses of the Force and take the battle, though it would take some work.

Pwned
I just had the thought of what it would be like if FotJ Luke turned to the darkside and didn't suck at it.............

Ascendancy
From the visions of the future that he saw if he turned to the darkside I get the feeling he was a pretty boss Sith/Dark Jedi.

Pwned
Pretty boss? He would probably make everything else look like a weak sniveling child.

Ascendancy
For a time, though I wonder if the Sith would have actually continued under him. His own descriptions of his visions seemed to show that he would be a terror to the galaxy, but also hinted that he would have been a bit "unstable" to say the least. I get the idea that he would have made Sidious look like a somewhat strict grandfather in terms of the tyranny Luke would have unleashed.

Pwned
Yeah. I see a real Darkside Luke as, "Kill! Kill!"

Arhael
Originally posted by Ascendancy
I don't know, as much as I hated LotF overall I'd say Luke pinning Caedus to a chair like a child with almost no exertion speaks to how powerful he had become in the Force. There were a number of times in that series that Caedus only survived because Luke allowed him to. Luke's weakness is that he is so reluctant to finish people off because of his sense of justice and fears that he will turn to the darkside. Considering that this is a friendly match I think he would go all out with non-lethal uses of the Force and take the battle, though it would take some work.

Jacen at that point was caught off guard. It's like in Jujitsu after applying lock properly a person cannot escape no matter how strong he is.

Also, Luke didn't hold back in actual fight, he was as lethal as possible, he aimed for instant kill. He allowed Jacen to live only because Ben knifed him, when Jacen was defenseless. Technically, if Jacen didn't manage to block the very first Luke's strike, he would be dead as well as dodging and blocking all the following strikes in which Luke was putting his whole strength.

As for Luke's visions, it actually was Darth Krayt, not Luke. smile

But, yes, if Luke was evil enough to drain life from billions of life beings he would have been rivaling Abeloth's power. But then he wouldn't be as cool with lightsaber. smile

Ascendancy
I was also referring to Luke picking Jacen's fighter apart piece by piece as they flew through space instead of destroying him with the Force before Jacen could even understand what was happening. Of course Fett let Jacen live as well, so it wasn't just a Jedi thing.

When is it stated that it was Krayt he was seeing? Over and over both Lumiya and Jacen said that Luke simply refuse to understand that it was Jacen.

By the way since we're on the topic of oddities in the Force, who was the Sith spirit that Lumiya was talking to on her asteroid? The series made it seem as though the entity was waiting for Jacen to take his place so that it could possess him but then nothing ever came of it.

Ascendancy

Arhael
Oh remember that one. If I remember it correctly, it was actually Kyp Durron in another Stealth X utilizing specifically designed claws/mandibles to grab and restrain the ship, and Caedus unaware assumed it was Luke utilizing his immense TK.

Luke couldn't see the face clearly and therefore assumed it could be him or Jacen. But in FotJ final book Jacen's spirit recognized Krayt as the man from the visions. In any case it makes no sense for Luke to suddenly want to dominate the galaxy. He killed Lumya already, Luke's fear for the darkside was exaggerated by him.

All three of them saw the same vision. A dark man on the throne of balance. Lumya wanted him to be Jacen. Luke assumed it could be him and got scared of that possibility.
Jacen knew it wasn't him but saw Allana standing next to that man and he got scared about that and embraced the darkside in order to prevent that dark man gaining power (It was revealed in Apocalypse).

Pwned
I could see Luke easily picking a fighter apart with TK. Even though he apparently didn't.

ares834
Oh remember that one. If I remember it correctly, it was actually Kyp Durron in another Stealth X utilizing specifically designed claws/mandibles to grab and restrain the ship, and Caedus unaware assumed it was Luke utilizing his immense TK.

confused

What?

Ascendancy

Originally posted by ares834
confused

What?
I'm with ares here, no other way to put it. That's definitely not at all how it happened.

Maybe there's something that I'll read later on but considering that Luke was able to see the same future that Jacen did then change small things to throw Jacen off I'm pretty sure he was in touch enough to know what his own visions were of himself going to the darkside.

Luke never said he thought it was himself, he thought it was simply a new Sith, then believed it to be Jacen.

As to Jacen and his vision of the crown, he believed that Allana was crowing him and therefore even futher accepted that he must become the new Sith because it was his destiny. I'll pull up all the quotes if necessary but your assessment here is wildly off from what happened in the books.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.