Michael vs Achilles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SSJVegeta
Michael, from the film Legion, with his wings and his sword

VS

Achilles, from the film Troy, with his sword, spear, shield and armor, and his mythological nigh-invulnerability

They are fighting to the death in the ruins of an ancient city. Achilles knows that he is fighting a winged warrior from a Heaven he doesn't believe in, and Michael knows that he is fighting a warrior who is invulnerable everywhere except for his heel. The fight will go on for as long as it has to.

lilshogun
Michael wins

Pwned
Well, if Achilles get near-invulnerability, then he wins. He can defend fairly well, and the heel is just about the hardest place to hit on the body, you have to get behind them AND swing low.

SSJVegeta
Originally posted by Pwned
Well, if Achilles get near-invulnerability, then he wins. He can defend fairly well, and the heel is just about the hardest place to hit on the body, you have to get behind them AND swing low.
Good point about the difficulty of hitting a heel.

Robtard
The film Troy didn't really dwell into Achilles magical invulnerability; if he had it, he wouldn't have bothered taking the time to wear armor and block attacks, he's just have walked into battle hacking people apart, only being mindful of the possible ankle attack.

juggerman
he wasnt invulnerable at all. i recall he was shot multiple times in the torso with arrows.

tho i guess that first ankle shot could have weakened him

Pwned
Yeah, but OP states he gets his mythical invulnerability. Meaning he pretty much can't lost. Ever.

juggerman
which one was Michael again? good guy or bad guy?

Robtard
Originally posted by juggerman
which one was Michael again? good guy or bad guy?

The good guy (Paul Bettany).

juggerman
Achilles wins.

Robtard
This would be Michael with his angel-powers, the guy who wtf-stomped Gabriel.

Pwned
Vs an invinvible killing machine.

Impediment
Michael.

Kaibs
Originally posted by SSJVegeta
Michael, from the film Legion, with his wings and his sword

VS

Achilles, from the film Troy, with his sword, spear, shield and armor, and his mythological nigh-invulnerability

They are fighting to the death in the ruins of an ancient city. Achilles knows that he is fighting a winged warrior from a Heaven he doesn't believe in, and Michael knows that he is fighting a warrior who is invulnerable everywhere except for his heel. The fight will go on for as long as it has to.

Achilles would win. Michael would be out classed in combat, his armor was from the gods, and his whole body minus the heel was dipped in the water by his mother. Michael flying would definitely help his him, and how Michael would know about Achilles's weakness would be weird considering that they come from two different "Godverses" Buuuut as long as Michael is NOT an angel that can die he would lose eventually due to Achilles's superior fighting skill, speed, and knowledge of battle.

NemeBro
Michael pins Achilles to the ground and punches his heel in.

Tattoos N Scars
Achilles' invulnerability will be put to the test when Michael decaps him with those razor sharp wings, it would only be a matter of time.

juggerman
Mikey becomes mortal if he loses the wings right?

Kaibs
he wasnt invulnerable at all. i recall he was shot multiple times in the torso with arrows.

tho i guess that first ankle shot could have weakened him

No. He was invulnerable. Especially since they're using the actual Achilles of myth. Achilles was born Thetis tried to make him immortal, by dipping him in the river Styx. However, he was left vulnerable at the part of the body by which she held him, his heel.The only weak point he ever had was in his heel. Which nobody knew about except the Gods. His armor was made by the Goddess Athena.

When Paris shot the arrow it was guided by Apollo since Achilles cut off the head of Apollo declaring himself stronger than the Gods themselves. His armor was magical and mythical in itself.

Achilles was born Thetis tried to make him immortal, by dipping him in the river Styx. However, he was left vulnerable at the part of the body by which she held him, his heel.

Pwned
What it amounts to is, barring divine intervention, Achilles is unkillable.

As in, deific level divine intervention, God would have to make Michael win.

Kaibs
My bad about posting the same thing twice in the same post I just saw that.

Secondly you can't say God would have to make Michael win since if the Gods wanted Achilles to win then would that cancel out the Christian God wanting Michael to win.

NemeBro
The Christian God is much more powerful than the pussy ass Greek gods (Notice the lowercase "g"wink though.

juggerman
The OP says "from the film Troy" does it not? Well in the film Troy he was not invulnerable. And his armor was not magical since Hector cut it and Paris shot him multiple times thru it.

The OP does say he gets "his mythological nigh-invulnerability" but my point was in the movie he was not and basically admitted so himself.

Christianity was the reason the belief in the Greek gods died off. So yeah i'd say He is the superior one

Kaibs
The OP says "from the film Troy" does it not? Well in the film Troy he was not invulnerable. And his armor was not magical since Hector cut it and Paris shot him multiple times thru it.

The OP does say he gets "his mythological nigh-invulnerability" but my point was in the movie he was not and basically admitted so himself.

Christianity was the reason the belief in the Greek gods died off. So yeah i'd say He is the superior one

The OP also said the Achilles of mythology so your point is moot.

juggerman
Actually it does not say "Achilles of mythology" it says:

which means we are taking Achilles from the movie and adding ONE aspect from the mythological part that was not in the movie ie no magic armor so your face is moot stick out tongue

Estacado
Michael.

complexbrother
I gotta say the angel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.