(p2) Naruto, sasuke, and sakura vs Aang, zukko, and katara

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
(start of part 2) naruto, sasuke, and sakura

vs

aang, zukko, and katara

TheAuraAngel
Katara if she can use Bloodbending.

Assuming Aang is in character, the 3 ninja should take it. Start of Part 2 Sasuke is nonchalant about genjutsu and could get all of 'em. Naruto has clones and Sakura has teh muscle.

psycho gundam
i actually forgot about genjutsu... erm take out sasuke and put in sai?

Q99
The ninja's physical stats are massively higher. Strength, tough, speed, you name it.

Remember when Yamato met Orochimaru, and he signaled Naruto, Sakura, and Sai and they lept a few hundred feet? That's faster than even the most speed-boosted thing Aang has done by a lot. Or when Naruto pounds Sasuke into a rock wall in the Valley of the End fight? Or Sakura hits herself with an explosive tag to clear out poison gas against Sasori?

Most bending moves aren't strong enough to do much of anything, the ninja are effectively all made of iron. Only Aang's series finale super avatar state would be strong enough to do much of anything, and stuff like tailed cloaks would still blow past that.

Demonic Phoenix
Top tier Avatar characters have better reactions and possibly even limb speed though with Iroh outright moving into the path of and redirecting Natural Lightning.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i actually forgot about genjutsu... erm take out sasuke and put in sai?

Sai is nigh worthless lol.

Q99
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Top tier Avatar characters have better reactions and possibly even limb speed though with Iroh outright moving into the path of and redirecting Natural Lightning.

We regularly see them fight with normal humans all the time. They are not that fast.

Iroh redirected natural lightning, but he seemed to sense it was coming rather than move while it was in-motion (which makes sense, benders can feel their elements). He got into position, then the lightning strike itself was pretty much instant.

At no point did anyone move once lightning was actually happening.

psycho gundam
you don't want to analyze it too much, cause he did deal with the electricity, but not the super-hot air and the deafening sound it generates.

Q99
you don't want to analyze it too much, cause he did deal with the electricity, but not the super-hot air and the deafening sound it generates.

Yea.

And let's face it- pretty much nothing handles lightning in a totally realistic manner.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
We regularly see them fight with normal humans all the time. They are not that fast.

Iroh redirected natural lightning, but he seemed to sense it was coming rather than move while it was in-motion (which makes sense, benders can feel their elements). He got into position, then the lightning strike itself was pretty much instant.

At no point did anyone move once lightning was actually happening.

It does look like he sensed something beforehand. And no. He got into position just as the Lightning struck, not before.

Aang has. As has Zuko. Generated Lightning of course.

Q99
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
It does look like he sensed something beforehand. And no. He got into position just as the Lightning struck, not before.

He got into position at the right time, but that's just timing. It doesn't show any crazy high speed or such.

I'll note Iroh's been captured by normal soldiers. Aang by archers (aimbot-archers, yes, but still archers). And while they fought soldiers up until the end of the show, their speed in comparison to them never changed by all that much- they just got better/used wider attacks/and so on. We also see a large number of chases, and stuff like sliding downhill is still considered really fast to the high tiers.

No-one's arms become blurs, no body flickers, etc. etc..

socool8520
Yeah, the speed and strength differences are ridiculously lop-sided. Not too mention any elemental attacks outside of Aang's avatar are easily low end Naruto feats. The best or most impressive feats I remember seeing in the Avatar were from Toph's mastery of earth bending. Naruto team takes this easily.

psycho gundam
i actually forgot about genjutsu... erm take out sasuke and put in sai? what was i thinking; avatar characters don't even have any chackra to disturb with genjutsu. it won't matter

Q99
There's chakra and then there's chakra. Trained chakra is something only ninja have, but every living thing has 'chakra,' in the sense that genjutsu needs. In the untrained form it's just generic life force/chi/etc., which Avatar does have.

Getsugamoon
Cmon, this is a one sided fight! Naruto could take all three. Say they pair up, Sasuke VS Sokka, Naruto Vs Aang, Sakura vs Katara. Sasuke = Genius vs Sokka = idiot. There is no battle. Sakura vs Katara? One punch is all that's needed to break Katara's bones and then battle done. Naruto vs Aang? Ok, Aang has the Avatar state. Naruto? Sage mode, Kyuubi mode, Kyuubi Sage mode (When he used both forms. I think it was during the fight with Pein). Also, Shadow clones, Rasengan in it's many forms, need I go on? Plus Shinobi move at high speeds and their battles are composed of quick strikes, quicker handsigns, etc. In ATLA, the group can only run at human speed. It's just complete overkill, guys.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Q99
There's chakra and then there's chakra. Trained chakra is something only ninja have, but every living thing has 'chakra,' in the sense that genjutsu needs. In the untrained form it's just generic life force/chi/etc., which Avatar does have. but only naruto has a chackra network that is intertwined with the systems of the human body, like eyes and ears

socool8520
Even without genjutsu, it's a curb stomp in favor of the naruto team. Sasuke would chidori Zukko in the chest. Sakura would punch Katara's head off, and naruto would rasengan Aang to death.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.