Marvel Elite Herald Team vs DC Elite Herald Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Newjak
Marvel:

1) Thor

2) Silver Surfer

3) Beta Ray Bill

4) Gladiator

5) X-Man

DC(Pre-Flashpoint):

1) Captain Marvel

2) Green Lantern (Hal)

3) Martian Manhunter

4) Wonder Woman

5) Superman (No Red Sun or K-Nite Weakness)

Mshinu
Marvel team is a bit superior.

Funny that supes is the only one who needs his weaknesses removed stick out tongue

PillarofOsiris
Considering Kryptonite from other universe doesn't affect him anyway, and the Marvel team wouldn't even know about them anyway, I don't think he needs them removed. Also, it's funny whenever there's a Superman vs X debate, everyone always brings up kryptonite or red solar radiation, like they couldn't beat him without it. Enough of that rant anyway.

Captain Marvel vs Thor could go either way, but edge to Thor.

Edge to SS vs Hal

MMH completely owns Beta Ray Bill

Wonder Woman beats Gladiator quite handily

Superman will take down X-man.

I'm going to go with DC on this.

(oh, and what about Gladiator's weakness?)

Newjak
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Considering Kryptonite from other universe doesn't affect him anyway, and the Marvel team wouldn't even know about them anyway, I don't think he needs them removed. Also, it's funny whenever there's a Superman vs X debate, everyone always brings up kryptonite or red solar radiation, like they couldn't beat him without it. Enough of that rant anyway.

Edge to SS vs Hal

(oh, and what about Gladiator's weakness?) Didn't think about Glads weakness but I guess we'll remove it to, he won't lose confidence.

Lord Feron
Don't think anyone here can affect glads physically to cause him to weaken himself psionically.

But whatever, as for the fight team 1. Too much diversity and comparable strengths. Good fight mainly because team 2 already has good team work (then again Hammer bros and Glads+ surfer have fought along side a many times as well).

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Newjak
Didn't think about Glads weakness but I guess we'll remove it to, he won't lose confidence.

He also has some sort of radiation that weakens him.

byrdgang21
Where's Hulk??

Mshinu
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Where's Hulk??

Disneyland

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/68452/1839491-disney_hulk_super.jpg

Cogito
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Where's Hulk?? Originally posted by Newjak
Marvel Elite Herald Team

Newjak
He also has some sort of radiation that weakens him. Fair enough, that's gone to stick out tongue

aztec

Edge to SS vs Hal

(oh, and what about Gladiator's weakness?)

Hal vs. Norrin could go either way, but other than that I completely agree with everything you've posted. People always bring up Superman's weakness, but forget that Thor is a sloth, Silver Surfer has a glass jaw, Gladiator lacks balls, Beta Ray Bill looses because he's ugly and X-man isn't Wolverine. stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Team 1 needs less Gladiator.

nwg202
how does supes take out shaman x-man? he can function as pure energy and he has monster tp. mm or gl would be better match ups vs nate....nate vs mm's tp would be interesting.

Newjak
Just to clarify this isn't a series of one on one battles, it seemed like a couple of people were treating it like on, this is a team battle where everyone is fighting at the same time.

pym-ftw
What about supes magic weakness?

Newjak
Originally posted by pym-ftw
What about supes magic weakness? I don't consider that a real weakness as it's less a weakness and more of he just isn't as immune to it as other forms of attacks.

If I took Supes Magic 'weakness' away then I would take away Glads/Thor/Green Lantern/Wonder Woman's telepathy 'weakness'.

To me there's a difference between a weakness that takes away your powers and a type of attack you're just not being particularly suited against like magic/telepathy/or other types of energy attacks or physical attacks to.

So I'm not making Superman immune to magic.

PillarofOsiris
Just to clarify this isn't a series of one on one battles, it seemed like a couple of people were treating it like on, this is a team battle where everyone is fighting at the same time.

I realized that, it was just one way to break down the battles for me.

Newjak
I realized that, it was just one way to break down the battles for me. Ok I just wanted to make sure everyone knew it in case it wasn't clear.

PillarofOsiris
One other big advantage DC has hear is MMH. He can and has mentally coordinated the DC team's attacks, making them a much more coherent team.

red sabre
as always gladiator the weak link roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
Gladiator isn't the weak link...you all are clearly lowballing. He can beat anyone on the opposing team.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator isn't the weak link...you all are clearly lowballing. He can beat anyone on the opposing team.

Who has Gladiator beaten to make you say that?

Glorificus
Team 1.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Who has Gladiator beaten to make you say that?

Binary, Vulcan, Hyperion, Rachel, destroyed the Nova corps, ran through and entire race of super human elite squad that attacked the Shiar empire, destroyed Wonderman, toyed with Masterson (before the cheap shot) treated Nova like a Newbie (showing was a lot better than what Thor did against Nova)...raped Quasar who needed assistance from Black Bolt. I'm pretty sure I am forgetting something but Thats enough imo. All of his fights usually be him DOMINATING his opponent (until plot kicks in). The same will be with whoever he is fighting against on the DC team and there will be no plot to save them.

JakeTheBank
Binary, Vulcan, Hyperion, Rachel, destroyed the Nova corps, ran through and entire race of super human elite squad that attacked the Shiar empire, destroyed Wonderman, toyed with Masterson (before the cheap shot) treated Nova like a Newbie (showing was a lot better than what Thor did against Nova)...raped Quasar who needed assistance from Black Bolt. I'm pretty sure I am forgetting something but Thats enough imo. All of his fights usually be him DOMINATING his opponent (until plot kicks in). The same will be with whoever he is fighting against on the DC team and there will be no plot to save them.

Gotcha. Thanks for that.

Gladiator loses the majority to everyone on team two.

carver9
Gotcha. Thanks for that.

laughing out loud Jake, oh Jake.

keiththegreat
Gotcha. Thanks for that.

I'll second that.

carver9
Lowballing.

PillarofOsiris
I'll third it.

Hyperion Prime
Gladiator lowballing is low quality and not funny. Anyway team one actually has a chance to win this.

juggerman
Team 2

JakeTheBank
It's not lowballing. It's the truth, though you may be loath to admit and accept it. Gladiator is solidly right below the top tiers and is upper-mid tier himself. The other guys all have better feats than him.

carver9
It's not lowballing. It's the truth, though you may be loath to admit and accept it. Gladiator is solidly right below the top tiers and is upper-mid tier himself. The other guys all have better feats than him.

This is a lie.

JakeTheBank
This is a lie.

Not really.

Captain Marvel: Routinely fights someone far more formidable than Gladiator in the form of Black Adam. Can stalemate Superman, who's across the board superior to Gladiator in terms of feats. Also has magic capabilities, which are confirmed to be a weakness to Gladiator.

Green Lantern: Has constructs capable of harming or restraining him, far more versatile, has firepower the likes of which would mess up Gladiator at higher levels. All of the Earth Lanterns would beat Gladiator.

Wonder Woman: Far better fighter than Gladiator, has haxxed magical weaponry, routinely fights people in Gladiator's class and holds her own.

Martian Manhunter: The one guy here who actually effects his confidence via mindrape.

Superman: Virtually superior in every aspect to Gladiator in spite of people who cling to flying 100 times the speed of light and breaking apart giant space rocks as things far beyond Superman's capabilities.

red sabre
gladiator is getting his ass kicked when going up against big guns like thor hulk and silver surfer, supreme dominated him, black bolt got the better of him, even hyperior was stalemating him until glads got the upper hand, seriously he can only defeat low level heralds and metas but the top dogs will always have his ass, anyone on team 2 will spank gladiator and its not lowballing its the truth

Mshinu

Have to agree with you there Carv, Glads is not a weak link but I would say he is very slightly below his teammates - which is no shame considering who we are talking about here.

Sometimes I wonder where the growing Gladiator hate lately come from. He got stabbed by Logan, so what? That happens to everyone sooner or later, including Thor.

carver9
Originally posted by red sabre
gladiator is getting his ass kicked when going up against big guns like thor hulk and silver surfer, supreme dominated him, black bolt got the better of him, even hyperior was stalemating him until glads got the upper hand, seriously he can only defeat low level heralds and metas but the top dogs will always have his ass, anyone on team 2 will spank gladiator and its not lowballing its the truth

When did the real Gladiator and Thor fight? Hulk has dominated Thor as well along with numerous of other Heralds. Black Bolt is near undefeatable in Marvel, the guy can't be beat outside of plot. Sentry, Hulk, Magneto, along with numerous of other Heralds fear him and I don't blame them.

You clearly don't have enough knowledge about Gladiator and if you do, you are lowballing. When did Surfer and Gladiator fight? They fought in a non Canon book and Gladiator had the advantage.

carver9
Not really.

Captain Marvel: Routinely fights someone far more formidable than Gladiator in the form of Black Adam. Can stalemate Superman, who's across the board superior to Gladiator in terms of feats. Also has magic capabilities, which are confirmed to be a weakness to Gladiator.

Green Lantern: Has constructs capable of harming or restraining him, far more versatile, has firepower the likes of which would mess up Gladiator at higher levels. All of the Earth Lanterns would beat Gladiator.

Wonder Woman: Far better fighter than Gladiator, has haxxed magical weaponry, routinely fights people in Gladiator's class and holds her own.

Martian Manhunter: The one guy here who actually effects his confidence via mindrape.

Superman: Virtually superior in every aspect to Gladiator in spite of people who cling to flying 100 times the speed of light and breaking apart giant space rocks as things far beyond Superman's capabilities.

I hope you are enjoying your opinion. I have never seen any of these guys treat Heralds the way Gladiator treats them during combat. Sorry Jake, when it comes to Glads, your opinion goes in one ear and come out of the other. I'm literally writing your opinion down on a piece of paper and pi**** on it. So you might as well stop responding to me about Gladiator.

Mshinu
I'm literally writing your opinion down on a piece of paper and pi**** on it.

Scans or it did not happen.

PillarofOsiris
When did the real Gladiator and Thor fight? Hulk has dominated Thor as well along with numerous of other Heralds. Black Bolt is near undefeatable in Marvel, the guy can't be beat outside of plot. Sentry, Hulk, Magneto, along with numerous of other Heralds fear him and I don't blame them.

You clearly don't have enough knowledge about Gladiator and if you do, you are lowballing. When did Surfer and Gladiator fight? They fought in a non Canon book and Gladiator had the advantage.

Gladiator admitted Thor was too powerful for him. that's straight from Gladiator's own mouth. An unexperienced Masterson Thor beat him. Gladiator briefly beat Thor thanks to the 60 second curse (which no longer exists), then was beaten shortly afterwards. Canonball beat him. Hulk beat him. Black Bolt beat him (and BB is NOT UNBEATABLE....Thor beat him).

Heralds fear him? Silver Surfer told him to his face that he could take him out in seconds, and Gladiator didn't say anything. His big claim to fame is It took him several punches to break a planet of unknown size. (Some planets are smaller than moons, and don't give me the argument about the moons, as those moons looked tiny, and PLUTO has a moon). What else does he have?

PillarofOsiris
I hope you are enjoying your opinion. I have never seen any of these guys treat Heralds the way Gladiator treats them during combat. Sorry Jake, when it comes to Glads, your opinion goes in one ear and come out of the other. I'm literally writing your opinion down on a piece of paper and pi**** on it. So you might as well stop responding to me about Gladiator.

Actually, everything he said makes perfect sense, unlike the nonsense that I read in your posts.

JakeTheBank

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Referee.gif

red sabre

gladiator admited thor is superior to him, even masterson thor the inferior version of thor punked his butt in, hulk dominated gladiator easily it was more of a rape than a fight, black bolt was portrayed as the better one between the 2 like or not and you can make excuses till tomorrow , also like was stated canonball owned him and thats pathetic.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/48756/903642-gladiatorvssilversurfer4_super.jpg

i dont care if gladiator is one of your favorites stop trolling and admit the facts

red sabre
and there you go

http://i29.tinypic.com/2zehyqv.png

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/56783/1489352-cannonball8_super.jpg

red sabre
and of course gladiator needs the help of a women to deal with black bolt

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/49782/2265431-bbglad.jpg

i can go on and on and on with those scans putting you and gladiator right in your place, but there is no need for that as people already know what he is all about, gladiator cant hang with the top tiers and thats why he is a weak link here

Glorificus
The thing that concerns me about Gladiator is not his strength, but his speed.

Superman, Manhunter, Diana, etc. all are fractions of lightspeed, unless it's their Pre-Crisis versions. But Gladiator has shown that he's capable of reacting to and adjusting his speed to counter something akin to a time stop. The guy can detect a time stop, and actually sped himself up to hundreds of times the speed of light to match the time dilation and actually catch up to Thor, who has super speed of his own.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Glorificus

Superman, Manhunter, Diana, etc. all are fractions of lightspeed, unless it's their Pre-Crisis versions. But Gladiator has shown that he's capable of reacting to and adjusting his speed to counter something akin to a time stop. The guy can detect a time stop, and actually sped himself up to hundreds of times the speed of light to match the time dilation and actually catch up to Thor, who has super speed of his own.

Superman is MANY MANY MANY times faster than Gladiator.

gladiator can go 100x light speed in flight. Superman went from Vega to Earth in MAYBE 1 minute (probably less). that's 25 light years. Given it takes light 25 years to make the journey:

25 years x 365 days x 24 hours x 60 minutes = 13,140,000 minutes.

Superman did it in ONE minute. that's 13 million times light speed, compared to Gladiator's 100 times lightspeed.

red sabre

and with all that he gets his ass handed to him by top tiers and second tiers, i dont care about some feat of him being faster than light and believe me the DC team will match or supress him in speed, what i do care about is the consistant showings of everybody raping him which has in my eyes far more weight than a single scan and narration

PillarofOsiris
Oh, and that was POST CRISIS Superman going from Vega to Earth btw.

red sabre
Gladiator best feat is busting some rock in space Lol

carver9
Gladiator admitted Thor was too powerful for him. that's straight from Gladiator's own mouth. An unexperienced Masterson Thor beat him. Gladiator briefly beat Thor thanks to the 60 second curse (which no longer exists), then was beaten shortly afterwards. Canonball beat him. Hulk beat him. Black Bolt beat him (and BB is NOT UNBEATABLE....Thor beat him).

Heralds fear him? Silver Surfer told him to his face that he could take him out in seconds, and Gladiator didn't say anything. His big claim to fame is It took him several punches to break a planet of unknown size. (Some planets are smaller than moons, and don't give me the argument about the moons, as those moons looked tiny, and PLUTO has a moon). What else does he have?

You see, this is the post of a person that doesn't read comics. I said the REAL Gladiator, not a Gladiator plucked from a different timeline. That fight is not Canon to the real deal.

Lol...Masterson got dominated by Gladiator and his body went limp twice in that fight. Masterson won by plot. Like I've said, Gladiator usually dominates his opponent, and Masterson is a good idea of this.

Lololololol...Cannonball didn't beat him. Cannonball was getting wrecked by Gladiator and when Gladiator was about to punch him in the heart of the sun, Cannonball absorbed his punch and redirected all that power back at Gladiator (Cannonball gained a new power by fighting Gladiator...can anybody say plot) and Gladiator still concious. Cannonball the use this same power against the Fury and dominated it. If Cannonball was to use this same ability against any physical Herald here, the same results would happen...doesnt matter since Gladiator didn't lose.

Hulk has beaten Thor as well...more Times than he has defeated Gladiator so what's the point in bringing that up. Hulk is just that powerful.

If you don't know what Gladiator have done then don't debate against him.

JakeTheBank
Gladiator's speed isn't going to be some kind of insurmountable advantage against anyone on team two. No one's lowballing Gladiator here by saying that everyone on the opposing team has superior feats to him. That's just fact.

Newjak
While I do agree that Gladiator is no Superman nor is he a Captain Marvel I don't see him getting out and out dominated either.

I picked him mostly to add a little more raw speed to team 1.

JakeTheBank
You see, this is the post of a person that doesn't read comics. I said the REAL Gladiator, not a Gladiator plucked from a different timeline. That fight is not Canon to the real deal.

Lol...Masterson got dominated by Gladiator and his body went limp twice in that fight. Masterson won by plot. Like I've said, Gladiator usually dominates his opponent, and Masterson is a good idea of this.

Lololololol...Cannonball didn't beat him. Cannonball was getting wrecked by Gladiator and when Gladiator was about to punch him in the heart of the sun, Cannonball absorbed his punch and redirected all that power back at Gladiator (Cannonball gained a new power by fighting Gladiator...can anybody say plot) and Gladiator still concious. Cannonball the use this same power against the Fury and dominated it. If Cannonball was to use this same ability against any physical Herald here, the same results would happen...doesnt matter since Gladiator didn't lose.

Hulk has beaten Thor as well...more Times than he has defeated Gladiator so what's the point in bringing that up. Hulk is just that powerful.

You see, this is the post of a person that doesn't read comics.

PillarofOsiris

smh. Only you could say Gladiator dominated someone who beat him. The rest of this barely even warrants commenting on, except to say you have a poor understanding of the differences between timelines and universes.

red sabre
http://i25.tinypic.com/2jchq4n.png

PillarofOsiris
No one's lowballing Gladiator here by saying that everyone on the opposing team has superior feats to him. That's just fact.

Basically this. Gladiator is what he is, a low to sometimes mid herald level character, and nowhere close to high heralds like Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer, or Orion. These are Heralds who have trans feats, and sometimes beyond. Gladiator just isn't in that league.

red sabre
yeah gladiator totally dominated masterson thor as you can see right here

http://media.photobucket.com/image/gladiator%20vs%20masterson/Thorshammmer/Thor%20feats/MastersonThorvsGladiator-1.jpg?t=1294028383

red sabre
here i will post it as a thumbnail

quanchi112
Basically this. Gladiator is what he is, a low to sometimes mid herald level character, and nowhere close to high heralds like Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer, or Orion. These are Heralds who have trans feats, and sometimes beyond. Gladiator just isn't in that league. He's definitely in their league.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by quanchi112
He's definitely in their league.

Coming from you, it makes me even more sure I'm correct.

Newjak
I had ended between Galdiator/Quasar/Black Bolt/Stardust for that spot. Who would you guys have picked between them? The more I think about the more I think I should have put Quasar or Stardust

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by red sabre
yeah gladiator totally dominated masterson thor as you can see right here

http://media.photobucket.com/image/gladiator%20vs%20masterson/Thorshammmer/Thor%20feats/MastersonThorvsGladiator-1.jpg?t=1294028383

What's funny is, Carver keeps clinging to the fact that that was a "plot device win", when normal Thor has used lightning that is FAR...FAR more powerful than living lightning, and is FASTER. Thor can amp his lightning's speed and power to unknown levels. So normal Thor, who would have been a better fighter also, could have absolutely WRECKED that Gladiator so much worse.

PillarofOsiris
I had ended between Galdiator/Quasar/Black Bolt/Stardust for that spot. Who would you guys have picked between them? The more I think about the more I think I should have put Quasar or Stardust

I'll be in the minority here, but the Marvel team also has another "weak link", in Beta Ray Bill. I've always thought of him as a poor man's Thor, with lower durability, and no trans options like the godblast. I'd have replaced Glads and BRB with Black Bolt and a non-Void Sentry, and you'd have a good fight on your hands.

carver9
So I guess I have to post fts of Wolverine giving Thor fits.

How about Superman losing to a street leveler, Shadow Dragon but Lady Shiva stomping the same person in armed combat.

Surfer and some bricks.

You all are TERRIBLE at this, terrible.

I'll be back with fts soon, at work.

PillarofOsiris
Hm...who's had a harder time with Wolverine? Thor or Hulk? Obviously you also fail to understand the term PIS as well. But we all knew that. Nothing anyone here has said has been lowballing Gladiator, except maybe Cannonball. It's not lowballing when it's the characters normal power levels.

Mshinu

Hm I think Glads is still the most powerful of those, Quasar is a good pick considering how his power would complement the team. Black Bolt is not quite elite herald, despite his scream. Sersi would have been an excellent choise.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Mshinu
Hm I think Glads is still the most powerful of those, Quasar is a good pick considering how his power would complement the team. Black Bolt is not quite elite herald. Sersi would have been an excellent choise.

Yeah, actually she'd be better than Sentry actually, IMO. Good call.

But I think Black Bolt has clearly been portrayed consistently as more powerful than Gladiator.

abhilegend

orly
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_NanosecondInteraction1.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_NanosecondInteraction2.jpg

Mshinu
Yeah, actually she'd be better than Sentry actually, IMO. Good call.

But I think Black Bolt has clearly been portrayed consistently as more powerful than Gladiator.

I would say BB fights smarter and more stratecically, which along with a coolness/hero factor has racked up an impressive record. Glads on the other hand sometimes act plain dumb (standing still while using HV and letting Hulk grab his face for instance), but in raw power I`d say he beats Blackagar. Not by a lot anyway, I`ll agree to disagree.

abhilegend
So I guess I have to post fts of Wolverine giving Thor fits.

How about Superman losing to a street leveler, Shadow Dragon but Lady Shiva stomping the same person in armed combat.

Surfer and some bricks.

You all are TERRIBLE at this, terrible.

I'll be back with fts soon, at work.
laughing out loud

quanchi112
Coming from you, it makes me even more sure I'm correct. If he wasn't in their league they'd beat him easily and he wouldn't be a threat. Thing isn't in their league. If anyone reads these fights Gladiator definitely has the power to beat them he just ends up on the losing end probably because he's not an original marvel character.

Mshinu
If anyone reads these fights Gladiator definitely has the power to beat them he just ends up on the losing end probably because he's not an original marvel character.

Would that apply to Thanos too? wink

Anyway it is partly true, Glads is a blindly loyal superman and gets the short stick so heroes/cool baddies can shine. Still he gets his moments, but not often.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mshinu
Would that apply to Thanos too? wink

Anyway it is partly true, Glads is a blindly loyal superman and gets the short stick so heroes/cool baddies can shine. Still he gets his moments, but not often. Thanos only loses when he chooses to subconsciously.. Thanos is also original. Gladiator is a blatant ripoff.

PillarofOsiris
Thanos is also original.

Tell that to Metron and Darkseid.

quanchi112
Tell that to Metron and Darkseid. If you can't see the differences in the three characters then I don't know what to tell you. Darkseid isn't anything like Thanos nor is Metron.

PillarofOsiris
If you can't see the differences in the three characters then I don't know what to tell you. Darkseid isn't anything like Thanos nor is Metron.

Funny, considering the guy who created Thanos (I'm guess you know who that is...hopefully) said himself he ripped off Darkseid and Metron. (he actually used the words "ripped off"wink.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.